Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport 2 stars

1170 Airport Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218, USA

#69 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

It served it purpose for a nights' sleep

We were given a 2nd floor (stairs) room in back dark parking lot.....it was 8:30pm(June)....dark at pool so asked staff pool hours, " I don't know" was his answer.....check in clerk had uncombed hair under a loose wrap, wrinkled street clothes.....motel dated.....loud old leaky air conditioner in room......smell of mold.....food was not appealing so went to a Waffle House close by which was extra money to pay out

the bed was fairly comfortable......location was convenient

mt stay was super the room was clean the bed sleep great and my son loved the pool

the packing

everything was great from the clean rooms to the pool the breakfast was great also the stuff was so sweat. this is my new place to stay when I go to Jacksonville

Was ok but will not come back ever again dissapointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Having issues with the door handle. I was placed on 2nd floor and requested first knee issues. Your ice machine is in a bad location. Wished you had a elevator.

The room

It was ok, but wouldn't recommend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The spiders crawling Every time I look up and dust, rooms were too small.

Nothing, I kept seeing little spiders crawling, & water kept leaking from the toilet, the room was half cl wan when we got there, paper on side of the bed, dust on the floor, just bad experience of staying there!

Good value, beds were comfy, the facilities outside of the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were dirtier than other hotels I've been too. The door handles were all loose and the desk chair was broken.

Good value, beds were comfy, the facilities outside of the room (lobby and pool) were decent.

This property was nasty.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This property was nasty. First room smelt like mildew and the floor was soaking wet. Next room sheets were dirty housekeeping told us that the person that cleaned that room was gone for the day and she could not help us. Had to go to front desk to get new sheets for the bed. The door had a crack in it that you could see right through. It was awful this was not a hotel it was a motel just awful

I was very dissappointed in my stay this time.

When checking in the room I reserved with my card wasn't avail. Then I tried three different rooms in which something was broken in all of them. I stayed three nights house keeping never serviced.

I have stayed here before and had a excellent service. That was the reason I came back.

Prime location in need of some serious upkeep/renovation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a hole in one of the walls, we found a roach crawling on the wall, our door keys constantly stopped working and the water pressure was terrible.

The location was nearly perfect for getting around town and the breakfast selection was really good.

Good breakfast and friendly staff
    • King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

lights in the room didn't work,

Excellent breakfast, with lots of different things to eat : fresh waffles , eggs, porridge... generous and nice ! Very helping staff.

Gross!!! Would not recommend to anyone!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything!!! It was extremely dirty and outdated. Sticky unidentified stains on the wall. Our family was afraid to walk on the carpet barefoot or even use the bathroom. I wiped a washcloth across the bathroom floor and it was filthy!!

Close to the airport

Quiet and peaceful
    • King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the bugs in the room. I didn't see a lot of them and it could have been from opening the door. I wasn't sure, I also didn't try to find out. I had to leave early and didn't have the energy to make a big deal about it. I was only there for about 7 hours before I checked back out.

I really enjoyed the attitude of the staff members, very kind and helpful. The beds are perfect for me I need a mattress on the more firm side I loved that. I had a REAL non smoking room and I could tell.

No way this room met minimum standards for cleanliness?
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was no way up to sanitary standard. There was rust on everything that was metal. There was so much lime scale on the faucets and the drainage hole in the sink was so filthy it looked like it hadn't been cleaned since they installed the sink. The showerhead was filthy; there was no way I was going to shower in there. There was blood on the sheet at the bottom of the bed that we didn't see until the next morning. Worst of all we killed 2 roaches. As soon as it was light outside we left.

Getting out of there

If you can find another hotel at a reasonable price, book THEM!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms weren’t very clean. The paint is chipping, the floors are dirty, and there was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. There were also people smoking weed in the breezeway.

The only thing I liked was waking up and leaving the following morning.

I would not stay here again. It was very uncomfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was terrible. Not much to choose from. The room had bugs. There was also a bug inside my towel when I went to go open it up.

The beds were really comfortable.

The staff was pleasant.

In our room was a hug dehumidifier and we had to let it run all night becuase the room was stuffy as if the carpet was wet so the smell bothered my sinus.

The staff was pleasant.

Good breakfast, more choices than I expected.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was filthy. The carpet had stains and looked as though it had not been vacuumed. The door trims had rust on them. The corners still had dirt in them And the parking area was full of trashed cups and wrappers. If it hadn’t been so late, I would have checked out and asked for my money back.

Good breakfast, more choices than I expected. Good location near I-95.

Bed bugs are present

My brothers had bed bug bites on them!!! Gladly, they were the only ones who had to suffer. I would not recommend this hotel due to that issue. Also, the cleaning staff shouldn't come in the room while there are guests still present. Check-out is at 11am and she came in an hour before that!

It was quiet, and it was in a good area.

The property was okay.

The bed wasn’t very comfortable. The sheets were extremely thin. And when I asked for another comforter they looked at me weird. Like I shouldn’t be asking for one. We also saw a roach.

The property was okay. If you need a quick place to stay near the airport or near the state line. Staff was nice.

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room we were assigned, when we got to the door of it, the lock plate was barely hanging on. The card still opened the door, but was very scary and felt unsafe. I refused to stay in that room where the whole unlock assembly was hardly attached to the door. We were tired, but my husband went back to front desk to request to be moved to another room.

The second room we were assigned was good, comfy, clean and breakfast was good. Thanks for providing breakfast.

There was no exercise room, although they advertised there was one. I was told it was converted to storage. Room had odor, fairly clean, outlet falling out, closet door broken

Convenient shuttle and super close to airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were checked into a room that hadn't been cleaned,previous person trash everywhere,beds stripped, a mess... had to change rooms :(

Free shuttle to airport and friendly staff.

Miserable and unhealthy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Roaches and ants in the room. The floor was dirty and I had to buy a broom to sweep it plus pledge to clean tops of furniture. Our keys had to be made at least twelve times. I left a bottle of newly opened cough medicine with codeine in it for bronchitis and when I got back to the room our do not disturb sign was caught in our door and we like never got the door opened and half of my cough medicine was gone. A cost of fourteen dollars I had to throw out.I went to the office to report it but the clerk could not understand English to help me. A miserable trip and we should get some of our money back. We are hoping we did not bring ants or roaches home.

Nice landscape.

Affordable and met our needs.

There were a lot of contractor employees staying in rooms near us and they congregated out in the parking lot and were very noisy. The lighting was dim and not easy to turn on/off.

The hot breakfast was not fancy, but was much better than a cold cereal breakfast. The bed was comfortable.

the hotel was better than what I expected it to be

The parking was kind of a hassle. When we first checked in, we had to circle at least 3 times to find a suitable parking spot. The bedsheets had stains on them. The shower would leak periodically throughout the night. We never got a chance to check out breakfast, like most hotels it should at least be extended to 10:30 on the weekends.

It was better than I expected, despite the spots the bed was comfortable and the room served its purpose of finding a reasonably priced hotel room for the last minute booking and amount of days we were staying.

Location the breakfast wasn't that great not enough room...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Help was rude we could not get a role away bed and they never bung us extra covers I asked for

Location the breakfast wasn't that great not enough room for everyone to eat

If we weren’t so tired we would have looked for another location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were nice but were unprofessional. The place needs a good cleaning and updates the room we were in had dirty places on ceiling and walls the beds and sheets were the only clean thing. Shelf in shower was ripped off of the wall.

Leaving the next day
    • King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

The room was very nasty smelled like a wet dog caused headache I booked a room by the pool I ended up with the last room they have a handicap nowhere near pool

Leaving the next day

It was good but I’ve stayed in better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well our security lock got stuck so we couldn’t leave the room finally got it unstuck then when we went to breakfast cake back our key wouldn’t work they reprogram it 3 times still no work so they had to take the whole lock off the door

Staff was friendly and helped as soon as we needed help from a situation

Average at best.

Having to park in back lot and walk through tiny poorly lit alley against tall fence seemed ridiculous. No hot breakfast.toast and cereal, really. Who isn't expecting eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, hash browns! What a joke.

It Was Okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

However It Was Run Down On The Outside, Someone Tried To Get Into My Room, The Lady On Breakfast Duty Was Beyond Rude, Need More At Breakfast, & Breakfast Ended Before It Was Suppose Too! Variety Of Breakfast Should Be Avaiable Until The Last Person Gets Breakfast So Even Make Breafast Last Until 10:30 At Least.

Loved The Lady Who Checked Me In, Free WiFi, Location Of The Hotel, Convience Of The Places By The Hotel, & The Room Was Decent In How Clean It Was.

Couldn't stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Major management/employee problems. We were turned away - with a reservation - at 11 pm because rooms listed in their computer as "cleaned" were not. We were able to locate a room at 3 in the morning! (A major event sold out every room for many miles)

A clean and convenient motel, but do not expect the wi fi to work in your room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wi fi would no work. It is 2018. There is no excuse not to have wi fi working in the rooms. I had to go sit in the lobby to get connected. My wife is less than five feet tall and had a major problem getting in and out of the very high platform bed. I had to assist her or she had to step on a suitcase.

The room was very clean and the location is conveniently located adjacent to I-95 with numerous restaurants less than a mile away. They have a very good complimentary hot breakfast.

Mistake
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirtiest room ever being in. Bonus: the lock doesn’t lock , room 243. The moment I arrived the late night shit (from Thursday the eight to Friday nine) has the most despicable girl on the front desk, aside of being slow had the nastiest attitude. She didn’t meet expectation neithe a request I had. She gave me the worst room that looked like was vandalized, closet without the doors, dirty with dust all over. The a/c unit had the front grill broken and a ton of dust and the funny thing she warned at check in that I’ll be charged if I smoke in the room. Even if I was a smoker I don’t think she would tell with that amount of dust. Honestly couldn’t sleep. Next morning went down and had the room changed to a more civilized one and surprisingly on the first floor were she didn’t want me to give me one, I said this cUse I arrived with another’s party of friend mas and they had checked in in a flash next time me while I almost have to show a DNA proof of that it was me. Never again to that place and mind you I travel 95% of the year and belong to many rewards programs and I do understand why our company hasn’t choose this roach inn place. Last minute travel to an event that booked all the other hotels was my disgrace to ended up there.

Great desk staff, terrible housekeeping staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping staff needs to step up and do a better job but the front desk staff were excellent in handling the situation.

Great area despite The housekeeping staff not doing their job and leaving dirty rooms so the desk clerk had to deal with people yelling at her even though it was not her fault she was very pleasant to us because we treated her a lot better than most of the other incoming guess.

Ok if everything else is taken.

You need to watch an ad to get internet. Breakfast so so. Room has no temperature controls, for some reason it had very noisy dehumidifier.

Shuttle to/from airport.

The receptionist was competent and multi tasked.

Bitten by bug of some type

The receptionist was competent and multi tasked. Phones were ringing, people were registering, residents were complaining, etc

Stay away at any cost.

The room was an hour past check in, and the staff was only good at making excuses. There were many "permanent" residents as in an episode of Live PD!

The cost was low, but you get what you pay for.

Staff booked my room and my room door was opened by them...

Staff booked my room and my room door was opened by them while we on bed. Room's key have to changed it 3 times. After change room twice finally we got some rest.

The staff was friendly.

The staff was friendly. I used their shuttles and loved that service. I had requested an early check in and they were able to accommodate that for me.

Horrible. Worst hotel stay of my life, they should be shut down.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were bugs in my room, I didn’t sleep for 2 days because they would not switch my room nor would they give me a refund to go elsewhere. Already contacted health services regarding the issue.

Absolutely nothing. There was a plant outside that was ok.

Complete Rip off
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Uncomfortable bed and pillows, awful breakfast, stinky carpets, with mold grow in the corner next to the bathroom, deciving pictures on the web site, very low quality for the money charged.

I will be back, maybe it will be warmer and I can try the pool.

The only bad thing I can say was the door to my room was hard to open each time I went into it.

Very clean. Staff was excellent. Breakfast was amazing. Easy to get in and of property. Several gas stations and a few places to eat close by that you can walk to.

Great Value

Nothing that I didn't like

Cleanliness, room smelled good and was very clean. Good security, breakfast was good. Waffles, sausage, eggs, yogurt, cereals, muffin, toast, bagels. Good coffee and also had milk and juices.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Good place to stay
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Breakfast hot was just waffles I would of like to have eggs

Room was clean good wifi and my favorite they had a coffee machine in the room that is always a plus in my eyes

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Location, staff, mini frig.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Alot of noise from out side and conjoined room. Alot of bumping and banging and people outside of my room smoking and on the phone

Location, staff, mini frig. And microwave in the room

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Very happy with our stay, great hotel
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room phone voice message system does NOT work! People phoning your room when you're out are given the option to leave a message, and your phone message light will flash (and will keep flashing your whole stay) that you have a message... but you won't get the message, and you'll have no idea who left it! Staff told me the message system is 'broken', and that it's impossible for you or staff to access the messages - so let anyone who might be phoning you know this!! Would be my only complaint really, the hotel really needs to fix this problem

Very happy with our stay there and would stay there again. Comfortable beds, room and bedding clean/ in good order. Staff are great, very friendly and helpful, a real plus. Was worried about noise, being on first floor, but soundproofing is good, and only sound we heard from another room, for the whole stay, was dog barking our last morning for a bit (pets are allowed here). So we had very good sleeps. Free breakfast is the usual standard fare. Free airport shuttle service very useful - IMPORTANT TIP THOUGH: If you arrive at airport shuttle pick up area and the shuttle is not there, call the hotel right away to let them know you need pick up. Comes very quickly when you do so. If you DON'T do so: I waited expectantly for the shuttle for more than half an hour one time before I finally called the hotel (the shuttle then arrived in minutes) - shuttle appears to be 'on call' outside of busy arrival times.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Good breakfast and friendly staff

We had the same room for two visits that were a few days apart and the same hair was still stuck to the shower wall the second visit. Yuck

The proximity to JAX airport only 2 miles away.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Nice Hotel. Not so Nice Staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk morning shift was rude and told me they were booked for the next day, when they were not. Without any explanation as to why they wouldn't book me for another night. I was shocked to know that a hotel would turn down money, bad business. Thanks to the lady on day shift, I won't be booking at Days Inn again .

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Really a nice place to stay we enjoyed our
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

My sinks was leaking water ran all over the counter but that was minor

The bed ,location ,breakfast everything was enjoyable it was close to all the stores and shopping centers

Other than that we will come back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The day before my last day I noticed mold in the bathroom ceiling alot

Everyone was nice n it was close to stores walking distance

Nice location good for a night stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had men sitting and standing around the rooms. Cats everywhere you turn and worms in front of door.

Location was great and the humidifier was a plus.

Everything was so awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was so awesome!

Bad

Bad

I will pay more next time to stay in a better place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no towels, half bad maid service, slow check-in, sorry breakfast

The Internet connection is to bad and the housekeeper only...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Internet connection is to bad and the housekeeper only change the beds, they didn't clean the bathroom.

The pool

The pool

Just the bed.

Just the bed.

No spa

Good overall
    • King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Our room didn’t have a tv remote and the workers didn’t seem like they cared we had to get one from a vacant room

Overall a good stay

Customer service was excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Customer service was excellent. My family really enjoyed our stay. Thanks again

F-
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was dirty, sand all in bathroom, kids feet were black from walking on carpet without socks and shoes

location was only thing we liked

My Room was very nasty

For the most part it was as expected and you get what you...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For the most part it was as expected and you get what you pay for in this price range. I would say it matched the stars on the website I booked on.

Proximity to airport
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Old property in need of refurb

Proximity to airport

Unhappy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff seems unhappy.the rooms had alot of moisture.the beds are cheep.

Pool.food.

Good location - very close to I95

Average

Good location - very close to I95

Perfect, inexpensive place to stay for a short business trip. Staff were beyond nice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were the nicest, kindest people!

Days inn stay

Nothing it was nice.

It was perfect. A nice distance from everywhere I needed to go.

Someone else's clothes were left in the bathroom.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Someone else's clothes were left in the bathroom.

Unclean, beds OLD and you could feel the springs, breakfast was poor!

Everything!

NOTHING!

Fair- probably wouldn’t stay there again, unless nothing else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Door wouldn’t sit in room and door handle came off. Breakfast was cold (eggs,sausage), waffles need to cook longer

Staff was friendly

Adequate

Not the cleanest

Value

friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

no toilet paper no hot water bathroom old

friendly staff. free shuttle

Close to airpory

Phone neededcleaned

Close to airpory

Would never book again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were horrible odor in the room tub would not drain . Facility definitely did not match photos online

Close to destination