Reviews of Wyndham Garden Hotel - Jacksonville 3 stars

4660 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256, USA

#74 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

First Experience
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was going through a renovation but the area up front was messy and unsightful. Also the elevators were very hot. Lastly, no where to park at night. Not good for guests as I had to walk around the hotel at night to find a parking space. Also, it was very dark and unsafe.

Staff gave exemplary customer service and breakfast was good. Everyone made my staff comfortable. The greetings upon arrival were awesome!!!

Not sure we'd come back at this point. But price might decide that for us.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

It's about the 3rd time we've stayed at this hotel in the past year (this time 5 nights). Remodeling seems to go on forever though, each visit, it was happening. The halls around the rooms echo a lot (less carpet I think) and you can hear people and staff loudly from inside your room. One morning before 7 seems to have been an argument around the elevators on our 5th floor. Thought it might have been the staff but not sure of that. A woman was quite upset about something. Rooms were clean and we got a great discount because we were going to the Mayo Clinic. We don't know if we can get some kind of credit towards rewards for past trips (probably not). With the remodeling and echoing halls, if we found another motel nearby for our future trips, we might opt for that one instead of yours. The remodeling seems to be kind of piece meal. I noticed things that should have been touched up after the room and floor remodel were complete on our floor. Wondering who was doing the job for you. It seems to be quite a struggle to get it done and done properly. The desk staff was very good.

Very disappointing, never got an apology for all the inconvenience for having to move rooms.

The hotel was under a huge renovation therefore; the hotel was a total wreck. The noise from the construction, the dust and mess was very unappealing to the eye. Wish I’d know it was under major construction. Had to move rooms 3 times due to defects in rooms, air didn’t work, the cable was out, the noise from the saw that was being use outside my room door.

Friendly staff and overworked staff

Will not be staying here ever again!

Pretty much everything! Construction inside everywhere! Bathroom was TINY! Front door would not close ... maint man comes up and slams it and looks at us like THERE FIXED IT! I said NO IT'S NOT! Give me another room! Refriderator had a leg missing so it rocked back n forth evertime you tried to open it! House keeping only cleaned the room ONCE during 5 day stay! I had to TELL them to do that one! Lousy satellite TV reception! Only got like one channel in good enough to watch!

The bed was comfy and that's about it!

Okay for one night

Prior to booking I read a review that describes renovations going on at the property that interfered with their stay (in late 2017) but booked anyway since it was such a good deal and only for one night. Renovations are still in progress with storage containers taking up much of the rear parking and a strong smell of paint in the lobby. Other than that the room was beautiful and very comfortable. My only real issues were that the walls are very thin and housekeeping came around knocking on doors at 9:30am (check out was at 11am).

Rooms where spacious and comfortable

Pool was decent.

Asked numerous times for extra towels from housekeeping and never got any. I even made a request for them while booking the hotel and never got any. Housekeepers never cleaned the sand off the floor, so it got into the sheets when we went to get in bed

Pool was decent. Location was good

My family go to this hotel everrrrrrrry year this was the...
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

My family go to this hotel everrrrrrrry year this was the worst food horrible for the money we paid I don't recommend to anyone ran out of towels never again

Nice
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I am paraplegic. The beds are to high!! You need to consider people with disabilities.. Thanks

Overall ok, except the beds to high for people with disabilities..

Front desk staff was great
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Rusty ring around tub plug thingy. Maids didn't want to provide more wash clothes and towels. 3 people in a room and 2 wash clothes and 2 towels isn't enough

Front desk staff was great

I realize it’s in transition . Try to put safely and cleanliness first .

No washcloths . Had to use a hand towel . Floor felt gummy ,sticky ,dirty . Needed to be mopped & made feet dirty . Wires were unsafely hanging out in downstairs bathroom . Hazard for children .

Bed and sheets were clean and comfy . Towels were soft .

Very unhappy/dissatisfied. Many trips to Mayo/stayed elsewhere, no complaints.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

1. Could not open the door from the outside with key most times. Maintenance came and open our door and as well as the people checking in at the same time as us (2 doors down). My husband had to open from the inside a couple of times and the man across had to open the door (with difficulty) another time when I came up to get something. 2. When making reservations had asked for a handicapped room....told there was none available but should be when we arrived but none were available time of check-in. Said probably for our 2nd night if we wanted to change rooms. Opted not to as had to be a Mayo Clinic at 6:15 am the next morning and had tests, etc. scheduled all day - which is always exhausting. 3. My husband could not use the tub/shower as their was no easy way to get in and only the little soap dish to hold onto. 4. The hard wood flooring is not conducive to people who have foot/leg problems (as my husband), not enough room between end of bed and the desk/tv/fridge unit for a walker and definitely not a wheelchair. 5. The beds are too high and not easy for short like me (or I am sure) feeble/elderly people to get into w/o difficulty 6. One day and late afternoon after 5 PM you heard hammering..

Unpleasant. My wife was there for an appointment at the Mayo clinic
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Your website did not alert us that the building was under renovation. It was filthy. Carpet and hallways under repair. The room which was supposedly renovated was sparse with no mirror except over a tiny sink in the bathroom. No tissues. It was a mess. May not use your site again.

Very noisy

Teens running and yelling in hallway till after 11pm then started again at 7am, we were on the first floor in direct sight of the front desk, the did nothing, when I complained the girl at the desk said sorry but kids will be kids, will never stay at one of there hotels again

Bed was good

Bad review

Poorly lit bathroom. Lack of towels. We were there with 3 other couples and the only place we could visit was the parking lot. Had to go hotel next door for breakfast, never found dining room at this hotel. Never found door to pool either. Elevators are slow and extremely hot. Front desk people were bothered by us checking in... asking for more coffee... Will never book this hotel location again

I would not return
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Very loud hallways. Small bathroom. No convenience stores close by. Housekeeper knocked on door at 9am, I was getting ready still so I just asked for fresh towels. She told me she didn’t have any bath-towels.

Close to 95. 15 min outside downtown. It has a coffee maker and small fridge.

Very clean and comfortable

Location is a little wonky! Do not listen to your gps until after road construction is finished ! It will take you the wrong way!

Very clean and comfortable

Not happy !!!

The breakfast room was dirty, walls, carpet, trash cans full, even after a hour since had starts the service. Plates all durty , the employee could not find one clean to serve!!!! The hot breakfast was cold.

The front desk emploees , night when we arrived , and the other one when we checked out were very nice, attentive and warm. They are the only good thing in that hotel.

Ok
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that I booked through a booking site. We were not able to eat breakfast without a ticket. I think that all guests regardless of how the stay was booked should be offered courtesy breakfast.

To would NOT STAY THERE AGAIN
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Key cards didn't work correctly for us or other guests. There were numerous complaints. Renovation crew was VERY loud as well as the Maids! Loud music and the smell of weed flowing thru the halls!!! Cable kept going out. Wifi signal very weak! Had to ask 3 times for towels(there were 4 of us checked in and only 2 towels provided)

Sheets were clean, pool chairs were comfy

This was our worst experience at this hotel!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The room had a sulfur like smell. The water in the shower never got hot and the water pressure was low. Maintenance came twice and the problem still was not solved. The beds were very small. There were pets barking at night and the maintenance crew were working through the night. We switched rooms and some issues were resolved but not all.

The staff were very attentive and gave rapid responses with advice.

I literally booked this hotel 5 minutes before checking in...

Nothing bad, great value for the room and location

I literally booked this hotel 5 minutes before checking in because of a bad experience at the hotel my wife and I had originally booked. When I went to check in I was greeted by the nicest guy, Zach. His whole personality turned my mood around. I explained to him that our original hotel was a disaster, he assured me that my stay here would be much more pleasant. He also told me if there was any problem at all to give him a call at the front desk and he would make sure that everything was up to our standards. The rest of the staff were very friendly as well, our room was very comfortable. I work in customer service so I can always appreciate great customer service and Zach was really helpful and pleasant

The bed was really comfortable

The pool was out of order, hotel guest were noisy was a little out of the way the bath was small employees were not very friendly. I would not say or recommend

The bed was really comfortable

The pillows was not comfortable at all.

The pillows was not comfortable at all. I was on the 5th floor where there was construction work being so not cute. The hallway floors was dirty and needed to be vacuum. It's just not what I'm use too

good without breakfast
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast taste very bad, made of very bad materials, for example, orange juice minimum should be from concentrate but this is 99 cent orange juice, almost every thing is made of very cheap materials

Man responsible for the Breakfast very hard working and helping but the breakfast itself was very bad tasting

5.5
    The construction info needs to be displayed on the website...

The construction info needs to be displayed on the website and it states that there is a restaurant but it's under construction. I was looking for room service and had to go out to get something to eat.

Our room was near the front desk and in the middle of the...
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was near the front desk and in the middle of the night thr front desk person and the security guard were having a loud conversation. When i went out to see what was going the security guard was sitting watch tv( which i had to ask him to turn it down) and talking to the front desk person across the rooom

Breakfast & maintenance were quite personable

There was a large clump of hair, not mine, covering the remote. The toilet seat was loose. I wasn't told about breakfast at check-in.

Breakfast & maintenance were quite personable

The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

It's pretty obvious the hotel is under renovation, and it appears there is a lot of work still to be done. One of the elevators shook pretty substantially after starting and stopping on a floor. The tub/shower looked old, and it drained extremely slowly.

The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. I appreciated the fresh, new towels.

Not satisfied

My room chair stool was very dirty, the bathroom was so small my husband and i couldn't fit in there together, the bath tub could have been cleaned better. The staff took my personal towel and rag, it was very disappointing.No free WiFi..the front desk really need better training. The

Wyndham owner not happy with stay.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

They were doing renovations. It was not posted on their website that they were doing renovations. The gym was not available. Priced way too high for what they had to offer.

It was close to restaurants in the area. That was about it not much more good to say about it.

This stay was a let down and dirty.
    • Superior King Room

Place looked like it was old and tried to be remodeled and never finished. I felt dirty being there. Heading into our room was like a dungeon and we were literally right at the elevator. People just getting on and off the elevator could have heard us talking. Didn’t like this hotel at all. We paid a lot of money thinking it would be good for a couple nights but was gross.

Had a room

This room was awaiting renovation. Should not have been rented out, as it was in poor shape.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Did not see on Booking.com that the hotel was under reconstruction. Hall very dirty, hard to turn on tv, safe did not work, door lock/latch stuck, shower faucet loose, pubic hairs on two pillows and one wash towel.

Good price.

It was nice location for all activities!
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The fact that they didn’t clean the room 2 days. No clean towels and no garbage picked up. Different prices on the same stay.

The lady that takes care of the breakfast is really nice snd friendly! There is a sign one side to clean room and one side not to clean room and it was sad to put the sign on the right side to clean room and be back and find the room not clean also 2 days was one price and 3 days was another price?

The stay was wonderful

I was overcharged by almost $60 but no one could tell me why. Thankfully it was resolved a few days after my stay, but still distressing

The breakfast buffet was excellent. beds comfortable. Staff was friendly.

Sad

Book thru booking. Com plus friend did I got my 25 off but friends didn’t don’t think I will ever use booking again or that hotel and will tell my friends n family not too also

We got to hotel a little early room was ready but was charged 30 more dollars to enter and was they said if we don’t pay are room want be ready to 1 and check n was 12 so we paided one of the ladies at front counter was very nasty she wear glasses Spanish or something but not nice

I wouldn’t come back
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The hallway smelled like stale marijuana, I didn’t think I was in a hotel half the time, I thought I was living in a commune. The walls and door looked like they had been beaten up by Rocky Balboa himself. Breakfast shouldn’t be 6 dollars with how much the room was, breakfast should have been free. Hotel room was not handicap accessible and neither was the bathroom. Lock on the door did not work and one in our party couldn’t even come to the hotel because they were handicap accesible

I liked how comfortable the beds were

Not a fine hotel but good value for a one night stay.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Small bathroom. Lamp in room needs to be close to the sitting chair for reading. Hallway was dark and in the process of being remodeled, so it looked a bit shabby. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel. The only coffee I had was in the room...and that was nasty. Also, my iPhone GPS had a hard time getting me to the hotel for some reason...at least the most direct way.

Staff friendly. Price fair.

I am usually pleased with staying here but this time was not so good.

Eggs weren’t very good very good and the juices were watery. There was a gentleman in a wheelchair sitting in the entrance smoking every time I brought my wife back from the hospital. There also was a young lady with a dog blocking the entrance.

I was glad we got there to sleep and leave. I would never stay here again or reccomend it.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

When we initially walked in I was impressed with the modern look and renovated floors and bathroom. But within 15 minutes of entering our room, my 8 month olds hands, feet, and pajamas were BLACK with filth from crawling around the room. I wish I had taken photos to share. But it was unreal and entirely unacceptable, and enough to ban my older kids to the bed for a movie once they were in their pajamas, and keep my youngest in his playpen when I had to change him because he was THAT dirty. It was awful! Our shower also had no hot water. We will NOT be staying here again and opt for the Marriot we stayed at a few days prior instead. Filthy!

The only thing decent at this hotel was the breakfast buffet.. which we had to pay for

Very good, will come back
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom, water easily leaks on floor from shower, door was chipping on flooor hard to open and close Room is smaller in size

Updates to property, flooring in room, and I don’t have a pet, clean features, single serve coffee machine

It wasnt worth the money.

Cleanliness of the room. The next day it was worse, the staff has someone deaf working for tjem so at 6am you heard yelling, the doors slam, the water pressure sucked and barely any hot water.

The staff was pleasant.

Ditto.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet in hallway smelled terribly. I have allergic disease. Smells came in room. Building under renovation. So thankful only stayed one night. Could hardly breathe. Attendant sprayed the room but the main source was the smell coming from the hallway!

The room was nice

Never stay there again

Construction going on at property. Then after checkout the hotel tried to charge me a $250 smoking fee when no on smoked in the room. Worst stay I have ever had and first time booking on your site.

Adequate
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Carpets were soiled and littered the entire stay. No one vacuumed the trash away. Elevators were dirty and sticky. Overall appearance was below average.

Breakfast was pretty good. People were very nice and helpful. Room was clean.

If you don't plan on staying in the room much & don't plan on looking your best this hotel is great.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

There was not a full length mirror in the room. You could hear everything through the walls. Breakfast was bland and not many options as other hotels I have stayed at. The bathrooms are a tight squeeze.

The rooms were nice and clean. There was an iron with an ironing board, microwave, mini fridge, a Keurig, and a large TV. Convenient walk to Dave and Busters.

Will not go back. Poor value.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

No mirror in bedroom which was inconvenient since more than one person in room. People were not that nice. No warning that they were under construction. Restaurant on property not open. Poor deal. I have stayed at nicer places for less and got a free meal. Parking was terrible. Floor in bedroom was filthy. I told the person at check out. They said they would pass word on. I felt like I could have been discounted in some way. The bellhop carts did not work and were difficult to maneuver. I told them about that as well.

The decor of room had been updated and looked nice. Bed was comfortable.

It was terrible!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

On my first night there there was blood on my bed instead of the manager on duty coming up to look at it or switching my room he sent security to give me sheets and I had to change my own sheets.

Uncomfortable
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Room had to be changed twice. Blood on sheets in first room, second room had semen on bed skirt. Breakfast wat horrible and rooms smelled like mildew and vomit. Definitely not some place I’d visit again

Location was a plus, close proximity to the expressway

Mediocre.

The room was unclean. There was an elongated toilet seat on a standard toilet, which also appeared to be made for a child's height. My room floors were dirty and the carpets hadn't been steam cleaned since who knows. As I walked around to get dressed after showering the next morning, I had to clean the bottoms of my feet again since the carpet, which appeared clean, really wasn't.

Location was great. And the front desk staff were very nice and apologetic about the hotels problems. I got the feeling they were not in a position to do much about anything other than to say "sorry about that"...

Since I booked with booking.

Since I booked with booking.com, they would not accept my Wyndham Rewards # for points. Didn’t make me happy. May consider another hotel chain for my future travels.

I'd definitely come back

My only complaint would be that the desk person should take care of customers in physically at the front desk, then take the phone calls, not vise versa. I waited along with someone else checking in for a good 10-15 minutes while she handled the calls. The phone rang nonstop!!

The bed was awesome, so comfy and even though it was in the midst of hurricane evacuations and the phone ringing off the hook the staff was pleasant.

Under renovation

The property was undergoing renovations and the breakfast served in the hotel did not provide many good options for guest who did not eat pork products.

The location was great. Easy access to other attractions in the city.

Awful
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The staff never smiked or even looked up when you came in the lobby. The bathroom was so tiny we had to stand behind the toilet to shut the door. And the bathroom was dirty. My blanket on my bed smelled like poo.

It wa the only one I coukd get

Glad to be home.

See above response.

Very shady guests. Noisy neighbors the first night with young kids and they all stayed up until 4 am. They should have a floor for families. The second night we arrived back at the hotel and witnessed undercover cops looking for a guy ....well we found him resting in the lobby. Tried to stay out of the way. We won't ever stay there again and it's a shame we paid what we did to stay there. The breakfast was cold. The rooms were nicely renovated but beds weren't comfortable.

Mediocre stay
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Hair everywhere on sheets & towels, floors were greasy & smelly, zero vending machines in entire hotel, no microwave or fridge in room, mediocre staff, entire lobby & hallways & elevator were extremely hot though AC worked well in room, where it mattered most, beds weren't very comfortable, overall I'll just say for what we paid, it could have been better. We won't be back.

Decent location. Convenient to places of interest. Quiet at night for sleeping. At least on 6th floor, it was for us. Decent water pressure, hot water was fine, WiFi & parking were accessible, pet friendly was a plus.

Awful. Would never go back.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

There was no fridge or microwave in room and when I asked for one the staff was rude. They said I should have called ahead of time and that it wasn't guaranteed. I was traveling with an infant and needed to keep formula in fridge. They eventually brought it to our room. Also, it felt like there was no A/C in all the hallways. I requested a bottom floor and was placed on the 6th floor and was today that was all they had. Overall was a bad experience. Would not recommend to anyone. No continental breakfast either.

Room spacious and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

No trash can in the bathroom ,the towels were on the toilet tank, no spacing to put your bathroom essentials, no dressing mirror in the living area , take turns to use the one in the bathroom, or until its available

Room spacious and clean. Great Wi-Fi

Fair for the time being

I didn't like that you had to pay separate for the breakfast. I'm already paying $200 for the hotel, breakfast should be included. Also, the floor in the rooms were very slippery I had to put socks on as soon as I was out of the shower.

I liked that it was in a general location of restaurants and popular entertainment.

Overrall good. Stay only bad thing was waking up to the ants.

There were ants in the room. That had gotten into our things that were left on the counter. Closed bottles with lids and closed snacks. The bathroom was too small.

It got the job done but we won't be back. We could have found a much better hotel for price we paid

I booked this hotel because it said free breakfast was included but when we got there they told us that breakfast was through a separate company and would be an extra almost $7 per person for food that I'm not sure I would have eaten even if it was free.

The beds were comfortable, tv was nice, and the room was a decent size.

The room 231 smells awful, the bathroom doesn't have an...

The room 231 smells awful, the bathroom doesn't have an exhaust fan. They left us with a used box of tissue. We could've extended our stay but I cannotstand the awful smell of the room. The doors slams reallyloud and it'll wake you up!

Enjoyed the stay
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

One of the front desk staff was borderline rude. The bed was uncomfortable

The property was nice, clean, and safe. The majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a security guard in the parking lot.

The pillows were amazing and the people there were so...

Everything was perfect. No complaints whatsoever.

The pillows were amazing and the people there were so friendly. We stayed there four times this summer and already booked a room for October.

Short trip

The breakfast was not that great. We did manage to get toilet paper and more towels in our room but no one would answer the phone when we called from our room.

It was very clean even for still being under construction with the remodel. Great location and not far from the beach.

One night stay
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I was surprised that the breakfast was $6 per person my room was lovely however the bed curtain was soiled and I reported it to the front desk they did give me a discount and the manager called me the next day to apologize personally so that was nice

I love the style of the room and the service was really good

check in/out could have been better
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Took too long to check in. This is the 22nd time I've requested to purchase a copy of Florida's first coast and was told no the book has to stay in the room..which it has both this time and during our visit to the Wyndham Tryp in St Augustine. Both of my visits have been due to my daddy's death..anyway maybe these need to be available for purchase and with a but nicer attitude from the desk clerks regarding them. I'm not sure if front desk clerks are overworked or what but at both places they have been very short and not very pleasant to deal with...with the exception of Karen at the Tryp in St Augustine.

Wait until construction completes

The facility is undergoing conversion to Wyndam Garden from another brand. The parking lot is filled with construction materials and storage containers arranged in no particular order. This leaves customers to find parking between and behind containers. It is very poorly lit and not secure at all. The rooms were half redone. I mean my room itself was not complete. Some old stuff and some new.

The room was spacious and the furnishings comfortable
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The infrastructure was very good but the maintenance was not up to par. With good maintenance and a few smiles from the faces of the staff this could be a a four star hotel.

The room was spacious and the furnishings comfortable

good for the price

no fridge in our room, no microwave available anywhere in the hotel.

there was no fridge in our room, none was available. Room and bathroom were really clean. Breakfast is OK. Staff members do their best, but they are few for a lot of people (lobby and breakfast)

Proximity to venue

Moved three times do to non-functioning toilet in room 1, room 2 no refrigerator and finally room three had it all but dirty floors. NExt morning housekeeping made beds but did not clean floors

Proximity to venue

Worst hotel stay in my life.

I paid for two queen beds, yet was only given two full beds. I was led to believe in the booking information that they had queen beds. It was the worst sleep I have ever had in a hotel. I will not be going back there.

Comfortable bed.

It is in the middle of renovation.

Comfortable bed. Staff friendly and helpful. Great hot breakfast. The hotel is in the middle of renovation, however it did not interfere with our stay.

The breakfast was not good at all .

The breakfast was not good at all . The staff in the breakfast area was rude. The pool was dirty and there were no towels . The staff seemed more like were bothering them .

Nice affordable hotel

Bathroom was small. No mirror in room, just in bathroom. Not a good design when more than one person is trying to get ready to leave.

Lobby and common areas were clean. Room was clean and comfortable.

A huge cockroach was in the shower when I was using it! But it's understood considering the rain and humidity.

Front desk employees are very polite!