Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Frisco Lake Dillon 2 stars

1202 Summit Boulevard, Frisco, CO 80443, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Frisco

T.V. remote didn't work or the replacement one either. Just gave up and slept. Got to room and keys didn't work. That was no problem for us to go back to front desk, but would be for senior adults.

Clean, quite, good bed, friendly staff. Good breakfast. Good Wi-Fi nice views from 2nd floor

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

lack of amenities, cleanliness and staff attitude

Outdated, poor quality, know they are getting ready for a remodel which is much overdue. Staff not the happiest. Very overpriced for what your get, charged $200 a night, should be a $60 or less charge. Last minute and this is what we decided, will not revisit.

Its a very busy place with lots of kids and families. It is very busy also because the Pho restaurant is very popular and runs out of the lobby also. If you want a quite relaxed place to stay I would not stay there on weekends or during busy ski season.

Its a great place to stay if you have a dog and or children with you. The breakfast was good.

Front desk staff was sassy and difficult to communicate with. The breakfast staff was extra nice however! There should be a door sweep for the room doors so less light comes through from the halls. This may also cut down on noise from running children. Also, very uncomfortable pillows. The pool could use a scrub as well- there is algae on the walls. We still had fun, just showered immediately after swimming.

Comfortable rooms. I was thankful to have a microwave, mini fridge and free breakfast. Rooms were quiet and beds were comfortable! Great location close to everything- within walking distance to dinners, Walmart and ski rentals!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

When we arrived and checked in we were given keys to a room. When we got to the room we tried several times to get in with our key. After the 3rd try a man opened the door. I showed him that they gave us the wrong room. I apologized and he said that this hotel did not have their act together and they were very disorganized. Once we got an actual room my kids wanted to go tot he hot tub. It was out of order so they went to the game room which was great. They did lose there money in the vending machine when trying to get drinks. Breakfast was as good as can be expected for continental breakfast. The next morning after showering I went to use the hair dryer, it started making funny noises, smelling and then started sparking and smoking. I felt that this place had gone downhill since we stayed there last year. I was a bit disappointed and we canceled our next nights reservation and decided to drive back home after a day of skiing instead of staying another night. Ann

The Pho restaurant inside was amazing!

Our room window had a bad condensation issue which made the thermostat inconsistant. Having stayed in that area before it was ok, but have experienced better.

My family still had a good time!

The air conditioning did not work, and our room was hot. When I called the front desk, the staff told me to just run the fan on high. I asked if they could get the AC working, and he said not really just run the fan!! The chemicals were so strong in the hot tub that you would cough and choke if you tried to stay in the tub. The restaurant in the lobby ignored us and would not seat us. It also stunk up the lobby, elevators and our hallway. The bathroom is tiny and not very clean. It really needs to be renovated. Actually the entire hotel needs renovating!

Actually the only good thing about the hotel was the bed. It was very comfortable although the pillows were all small and not very good.

I have nothing bad to say about anything

Close to points of interest. Great access, and easy on and off the highway, the staff and cleaning crew were great, room was cleaned daily. I read some bad reviews from some, but they have got to be up tight individuals any way lol.

Understaffed and untrained staff at the reception desk managed to overbill me but a day later, the manager corrected it. Still.

Great location for accessing ski areas in the Summit region of Colorado

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

- Pho Restaurant was good but a bit pricey, could be due to its location

- Loved that the hotel was next to the highway. - Room was clean - Staff was very friendly Side note - some reviews claim the hotel is outdated but honestly if you’re looking for something more modern you’re going to have to spend more money. For the price this location offers I believe it’s a great stay.

Breakfast area good have been cleaned more frequently. Tables wiped down for next traveler to eat. Also trash cans all over flowing with trash.

Good selection for breakfast. Rooms clean and nice staff.

The jacuzzi was very disappointing. It is overly chlorinated (it burned our eyes & lungs just to sit there) and the jets don't work.

Pho restaurant in the lobby has good happy hour and location is very convenient to grocery stores and highways to get to ski areas.

The room AC/Heater wasn't working consistently, the 1st refrigerator in the room didn't work so it was replaced by maintenance...then the replacement refrigerator did not have a temperature control knob and froze everything and the coffee in the lobby on the morning of my departure was cold.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the elevator was fast and the breakfast was good.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms and facilities were dated, and the rooms small.

The beds were comfy, and there is free breakfast. Free WiFi was nice, and the staff was kind.

• Superior Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed sheets were filthy, when asked to be changed, they said I could change them myself. Bathroom hasn’t been cleaned in a long time and very moldy. Phone and internet didn’t work. If you sit on the edge of the bed you land on the floor...coils on bed no longer function. Facility is very dated. Tables at breakfast never got cleaned.

Not friendly at desk- didn’t have our reservation thru booking. Com and left it to us to solve problem. Hot tub not working well

Breakfast good- room clean

Me and my Family visited Frisco for the first time and we loved our stay at this Hotel! Good location, close to the Main Street, delicious breakfast and clean rooms. Very cozy with a beautiful mountain view.

Breakfast was borderline gross. Room was old and tired - dated and falling apart. I appreciate that it's hard to keep a place up that has skier wear and tear, but Id rather drive farther than stay here again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not get the room we had booked. We had booked a King suite and got two queens. The window had been broken (large round hole) and fixed with tape. The beds were too way too soft. The lighting in the room was way too dim. Furnishings and decor dated. Toilets very noisy, they pumped to refill.

The restaurant on site was good

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Heater in room got stuck on freeze prevent and would not turn off. We had to call staff in the middle of the night to come fix, swimming pool had bandaid in it.

• Superior Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our visit included my self (Grandma) and 5 grandchildren (11-17 years of age). We stayed in the 3 queen bed room. Lots of room for ourselves and all our winter gear. Pool and hot tub were great, breakfast was great...kids were great, that one is a variable! I did not know the Pho restaurant was on site...I would boost more about that in the web description.

I recommend a new restaurant and new staff. I sat at the bar for 10 minutes and was never acknowledged by staff.

The whole hotel smelt just like the Vietnamese food restaurant on bottom floor. When I did go into the restaurant to have a drink, I sat at the bar for almost ten minutes and the staff never even acknowledged me therefore I left. I couldn't bare the smell anyways. The carpet in my room and the whole third floor flooring smelt of mildew and Vietnamese food

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

The internet is extremely slow. We stayed there last year and had a chipmunk living in our room. This year I went to breakfast and there was a homeless man sleeping on the lobby floor with his dog. Staff isn’t the friendliest.

We love the location and the breakfast

Toilets didn’t flush good. Hairs on toilet. Heater/air cover broke. Fingernail polish stain on one of the towels.

Staff friendly and helpful breakfast was good.

Aircon very noisy. Didn't do much heat / cool either. Not much capacity to eat dinner - huge line of guests waiting for a table. Would like a normal size coffee maker - or a kettle.

Room was spacious and clean. Convenient parking.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Mattresses weren’t too comfortable.

Very clean spacious rooms. Very nice, helpful and knowledgeable staff. They were very helpful with shopping advice and dinning recommendations

I did not like leaving.

The property is clean comforting convenient to everything soothing and relaxing. Breakfast was phenomenal as usual.The hardest thing I encountered was me at checkout... I did NOT want to leave.

• Superior Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled like food, no getting away from that-need some kind of air circulation. It’s so stuffy. Windows do not open for fresh air.The water temp in the shower scared me with small kids.

The location was great! Room was perfect for our family size. Parking was easy. Plenty of great places around to eat at. The restraint on site was really good. Free breakfast was ok but not great.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

The only thing wrong with the place is that the laundry facilities were on floos 2 and 4... I am an acrophobic.

It was clean and well kept. Very convenient to acces from parking and walking my little dog. Awesome room.

The desk agent that checked us in was not very welcoming. They didn't have a record of our dogs noted on the reservation even though it was confirmed by Booking.com

Ease of access to I-70 and Village of Frisco

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

I pretty much put sad faces on everything and the review board gave it a 4.6 ...????? I'm not sure what that's about. Disgusting room. Dead bugs on floor, hair in tub, smelled awful. Way over priced . Too small for 2 adults and 3 children Room was across from meetings and that was awkward. Definitely not small kid friendly. Door handle is at toddler height. Just junk gross smeared stuff on wall, not sure what it was and didn't want to know. Shower temp is completely unpredictable.

The pool was warm . Location was exactly what we wanted. Pet friendly

Hallway and especially the elevator smelled like an old sports dressing room, had to hold breath and run

Location to highway good, room spacious and clean

A bit pricy for what it was, but may just be a result of the area.

Super friendly and accommodating, the staff were wonderful and helpful, breakfast was great, and the room was clean and comfortable. Conveniently located right off the interstate so you didn't have to look for the hotel. Hot tub and pool were a nice bonus!

hotel seemed dated, ice machine was out of order, we were told we were getting a queen bed but it was a double size and seemed small and i'm only 5'9, the second bed in our room was not able to be slept in and needed repair.

location was good to surroundings

***looks can be deceiving! I normally don't complain but the customer service here was awful. The room was okay but the bathroom was awful. Water temp did not stay consistent, it would be cold one second then scolding the next. If a little kid took a shower they would've been burned.

The area was questionable. Air conditioning didn't work. Water pressure in the shower was lousy. Sink drained slowly.

Beds were comfy & breakfast was good.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Bedding linens were very thin and very wrinkled. The head of the bed had to be propped up as it was lower than the foot.

Location was good for our purposes and breakfast more than adequate.

Mattress, see above

Location was great, right off the highway, 5 minutes from main street. Nice clean room. Daily breakfast was free, and consisted of the usual items that you find offered w/free breakfasts. The only negative would be the king size bed...was very lumpy, time to change the mattress.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

The beds were not good. They had sink holes. The curtains weren't aligned on their tracks, the carpet felt damp. The hot tub had so many chemicals in it that it could not be enjoyed.

Seems run down and out dated in the commons areas. Our view included the mountains which was nice, but also trash, an old broken A/C, and other random junk on the ground outside the facility.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Good hot breakfast, nice staff in the breakfast room.

Unfortunately, one of the queen beds was broken and although they had a restaurant listed on their ads in was closed on Sunday, something they failed to mention until we had checked in.

After an interesting drive from Lincoln, Ne we were looking for a quiet overnight stay. The room was comfortable and nice size. The breakfast in the morning was very good and their was a nice selection.

Clearly people in substance abuse counciling attending a meeting. People smoking like chimneys out front and smoke blowing into lobby. Pool was empty. Receptionist was very rude.

Room was clean

Very outdated, low quality breakfast (small variety, only unhealthy staff, even yogurts with lots of sugar).

Nice location, well maintained and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The front desk staff on site when we checked in could have been a little more friendly and engaging. They seemed like they just wanted to get back to their texting on their smartphone.

Room was very large and very clean. Breakfast was limited in selection but very good.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Oh see above, and breakfast is fantastic here

Refrigerator in room barely kept food cool, floor is dirty. Very loud people above me, sounding like buffalo running until midnight.

Parking was half full with service vehicles. Might have been a large highway crew staying there but it looked more like a short term parking lot rental.

This hotel was reasonably priced and allowed my dog at no extra charge. Breakfast was ample and tasty in an area with nice windows with a view. Staff was friendly and helpful and the location is perfect for on and off highway access as well as an easy commute to 4-5 ski areas.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Pictures were nothing like the actual rooms. They were dingy, somewhat run down and very small.

Bed was comfy, breakfast was decent, and the price was great.

Exercise room.

Accomodations and location great. Breakfast was pretty good, lots of variety. Coffee was ok. Room was big, good beds, clean, shower was great. Exercise room needs work.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Upon check in, they charge you an additional daily fee for safe use. They do offer to refund it at the end of your stay if you engage the front desk staff and ask for a refund, stating you never used the safe. Rather sneaky since nothing is mentioned in the website or on booking.com. I wonder how many people forget about the charge,drop the key card at the desk and never ask for a refund??? Rooms are nice, beds are comfortable. Additionally, the night I stayed, someone decided to pull the fire alarm, everyone was evacuated, pending Dillon Fire to arrive and clear the building. They, Dillon Fire, would return again, but no evacuation, then.

Although the hotel is in a busy area (a shopping center and restaurants), just across the main street was a walking trail to the lake.

The bed was super comfortable and the hotel is quiet and well insulated. Slept like a baby.

I don' t want to be bothered asking to have the $1.50+ per night charge for a safe removed at checkout.

Location was near both the interstate and the transportation center where you could catch a bus to your favorite ski area. The indoor pool was around 90 degrees. Don't miss happy hour at the Pho restaurant bar.

The overall smell of the entire hotel indicated dirty/soiled carpets. It was bad enough to cause rapid sinus flare ups often.

The hot served breakfast and waffles were amazing!

There was mold above the A.C... the temperature in the room was difficult to control. Room needed a deep clean. They also were sloppy when checking me in and accidently checked someone else in as me!!!

Breakfast was ok. Location amazing.

Front desk service Not particularly friendly or helpful

When we first tried to gain access to our room the key did not work I returned to front desk where staff member rekeyed (I assume) the card Returned to the third floor where again key did not work Returned to front desk and she rekeyed card This happened every day of our stay. Front desk staff blamed it on my keeping Keycard too close to cell phone For most part I found front desk staff not particularly friendly or helpful though one did suggest that maintenance should reprogram key On fourth day front desk finally had maintenance man go up and reprogram the lock

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Breakfast is terrible - go out! Some of the reception staff are also pretty glum.

Location is great value and excellent for experiencing Frisco and all it has to offer. Room is spacious and clean. The place takes a hammering from guests (wet kids, wet ski boots etc.), but copes well.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The interior is a little dated, though it did not affect the comfort or value of the stay.

Reasonable breakfast, comfortable room and good parking convenient to the highway for a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The outside doors are not locked.

We arrived early & they readied the room so we could check in. Room area smelled fresh & clean. Nice room location.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

We had a problem with a window in our rental car blowing out on our way up the 70. The staff was more than helpful when it came to checking us in early and helping us watch our bags while we skied until our room was available.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

The windows do not open so it is hard to cool off the room if the heater is set too high.

Good breakfast with food continuously restocked including hot eggs and bacon. A small billing error was fixed with a phone call by Kate who was friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

The bed was very hard.

There was a good selection of breakfast food. The pool and hot tub were great. There are shopping centers across the street where you can get everything you need.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The air conditioner could be improved. Room was hot at night.

Bed was very comfortable. Was much cheaper than the resorts nearby, we wanted to be able to bounce around, go night skiing at Keystone and Beck during the day; 15 minutes to Breck, 10 minutes to Keystone. So staying between resorts was perfect. Next door to Walmart/fast food/Whole Foods etc. Non fussy hotel, good to come back and crash, they let us check in 4 hours early which was amazing, free dryers for wet ski clothes, breakfast was good, clean, cheap, location, affordable.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Nothing in particular. Just a comfortable hotel at an affordable price. Hard to find in Breckenridge area

I liked the double queen beds where a lot of hotels only offer full beds

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The rooms were not very soundproof, so you could hear slamming doors and people in the halls starting at 6:00AM.

Location was awesome. The first morning had bacon and eggs for breakfast and it was good.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Breakfast was our least favorite part of our stay. It wasn't bad, standard heat-and-eat eggs were in the same container as the French toast sticks, creating a soggy eating experience.

Room was clean. We traveled with a pet (small dog) and was pleasantly surprised that the designated 'traveling-with-a-pet' room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Outside parking. It was ok, but it's always nice being able to park inside when it's snowing. Makes the car easier to prep for the days activities

It was snowing with close access to several resorts. Bus shuttle service acRoss the streef was very convient

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The wifi was a little slow but I contribute that to being in the mountains.

The location is great. Walking distance of Frisco station, Walmart, whole foods and a lot of little shops. The view is like no other. Absolutely beautiful. The staff is friendly and the breakfast was delicious.

We wanted to use your hot tub, but at age 70, our legs don't work as well as they once did and were disappointed that we first had to go down the stairs, just to go up them again to get to the hot tub. Otherwise it was a very pleasant experience being at your facility!

We definitely enjoyed the continental bereakfast eacn morning. Not having to go out and find breakfast was important to us!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The air in our room did not work. My husband spoke with someone at the desk and was told there would be someone from maintenance come look at it. No one ever came we had an uncomfortable night as the room was stuffy. When we checked out in the morning I aired my complaint with her and was told "well he (the front desk person my husband spoke to) is new and was very busy the prior evening he should have told you to just run the fan because when the outside temp is below 60 it will only suck air in from outside" Well gosh I'm so sorry I guess it was my fault he was to busy and not trained well enough to handle our issue.... Frustrating!!!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

It was a bit of a walk to reach downtown area where all the shops and such are located.

The front desk staff were super helpful. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. And the complimentary breakfast was scrumptious. I hated to leave.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Carpets in the room needed to be vacuumed, Toenail clippings found on the floor. Carpets need a good cleaning. Room was musty smelling. Sink needed to be cleaned better. Bottom sheet did not completely cover the mattress.

Location of the room was quiet. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The breakfast bar was standard, nothing special.

We appreciated the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Our room was ready for us when we arrived early. The staff guided us to a small and very nice nature park within easy walking distance from the hotel that had a playground for children as well as a small pond. Our room was clean and comfortable with a view of the mountains. Price was reasonable for the accommodations. The pool and hot tub were nice.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Well, the front desk had no record of our reservation through Booking.com, even though I had a booking confirmation on my email. Fortunately, they had a room available that they gave us for the discount rate.

Big, clean comfortable room with two queen beds. Friendly and helpful staff. OK breakfast (typical hotel style). Lots of parking. Close to grocery store and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Didn't eat or spend much time here, but tor a $150 rate would not expect a soap bar that was size of a stick of gum and 1 cup of coffee in room. Parking was inconvenient to entrance and elevator.

Easy in and out location. Guests should know that Frisco is a very quaint mountain town, but also very high altitude, so breathing takes some adjustment.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Our room had damaged closet doors and the hook for the chain lock had been broken because someone who was previously staying there had forced there way into the room and broke the lock.

The beds were comfortable.

👍