Reviews of Best Western Corpus Christi 3 stars

300 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401, USA

#17 of 73 hotels in Corpus Christi

Was nice, wish we had access to balcony!

The balcony doors were bolted shut because of exterior work being done on the exterior. The only reason I went with this room was for the balcony. They could have said this on their website before I booked this hotel.

The room was comfy and clean, very nice staff.

The front desk was super friendly.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The price was on the high end. Hopefully my rewards can help me in the Future. I’m Use to check in being at 3.

The front desk was super friendly. The band that played 7/6/18 was awesome. The lounge Atmosphere was super.

property poorly maintained. Door knobs falling of, loud music, pool very sm for a big hotel, Pooping area for dogs located in front of hotel and those who didn’t pick it up for a bad smell has it got hotter and sliding doors closed up which took away from the whole idea off staying there.

My vacation I worked for all year was a total night mare.

My vacation I worked for all year was a total night mare.. the staff at BW called me to the front desk daily asking for more money because they didn’t collect enough at check in or my bank declined payment.. I pulled up my online banking and it clearly showed the changes pending so I refused to make another payment. When that harassment didn’t work they began to harass me over a spot the house keeper found on the floor.. the GM called me to the front desk to let me know that the housekeeper found a spot in one of the 3 rooms we rented and I would be charged for cleaning the carpet. I asked her to go to the room with me to show me the spot her response was that she really doesn’t know what room it’s in we will have to wait until the housekeeping supervisor gets back the next day, mind you I had to get up from my meal to tend to this important matter. I never heard another word about it. We stayed 6 nights on the 6th day I called for the house keeping supervisor he inspected the room and said he didn’t see anything wrong with the carpet and there would not be any extra charges. After we return home I had a charge on my bank account for 345.00 when I called BW they said charge was for damages... you can take your chances by staying here just giving a heads up... we stayed here 2 years ago and had the best experience ever but this trip has been a total night mare will never stay here again. The full breakfast consists of powder eggs cooked three different ways link sausages and waffles biscuits and occasional lumpy gravy...

Overall my stay was comfortable and the staff worked on making it a great stay.

My dislikes would be - carpeting could use some care, such a large hotel and elevators only fit 3 to 4 people, balconies have a great view but, the doors are bolted shut, balcony doors get all fogged up and with no access to balcony your great view is gone. A request for a roll-bed was made and upon arrival was advised it was a hazard to add an additional bed to the room. Apparently a miscommunication between Booking.com and hotel.

My likes would be - great access to the beach, beds were very comfortable, food was OK, and staff (Elizabeth) was awesome.

Good hotel for bayside Corpus Christi TX

Spent a lot of time waiting for elevators

Good location overlooking the bay and marina, very good value for the money. Not a luxury accommodation but very nice all the same.

First time in Coprus
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

This is girl named Holly/Molly giving attitude infront of customers and talking loudly back to manager

Everything was excellent from our room view, to the pool and bar

We are frequent visitors to CC and often stay at BW-Marina because it's good quality at a fair price

The only thing that we didn't like was something the hotel has no control over … the neighbors :( They had little kids who were very loud and kept slamming doors up into the night.

The staff was great (Rebekah in particular). Everything worked in the room (no problems). The bed was comfortable and the balcony was accessible, which I loved. The view was breathtaking! We love it!

My stay was amazing...hated to leave.

The location is wonderful..the staff is very well trained, very courteous and very quick to resolve and minor problem. The breakfast was wonderful and the view while eating and having your morning coffee, juice, etc. is amazing.

A great location - just don't plan on swimming in the pool.

Plain and simple - a dirty pool. We were traveling with our granddaughters, ages 8 and 11, and the pool is the ultimate attraction (after the beach of course!) The pool actually had a RING around it. I cringed every time I took them down there. In addition there was no shade anywhere around that pool at any time of the day, so it wasn't a lot of fun for Nannie. It was very small as well. I realize that they can do nothing about the size (and possibly the shade because of the constant wind), but the cleanliness is definitely an issue they can resolve.

Location, location, location as they say! Loved being across the street from our fav restaurant Water Street Oyster Bar, and within walking distance of the T-Head and marinas. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful and the staff was above average!

While the hotel is undergoing some remodeling and it is an...

The AC controls

While the hotel is undergoing some remodeling and it is an older facility it has a good breakfast and the lounge overlooking the gulf at night was great.

Great staff super clean private balcony overlooking bay

Tv didn’t work but we didn’t find out till late. Staff would have fixed it but we didn’t report because there were so many fun things to do nearby we didn’t need it

Very clean room walking distance from fun activities

Close to the water, lots of places around to see

There were a lot of gnats in the room. Also, the sliding glass door to the balcony was really hard to open. The breakfast wasn't that great. We ate out our second morning, which defeats the purpose of having a free breakfast included.

I didn't think we would have a view of the water because of the way the hotel sits but you do get a good view! There's lots of restaurants around the area and there's a sandwich shop and smoothie shop on site.

Stayed with my wife and two kids for 4 days, this is our third time staying and won’t be our last.

If I had to complain about anything it would be waiting on the elevators, they are slow but not a big deal

Location was great and room was clean. The staff was very helpful and always smiling. Great hotel that is reasonably priced for the location. Will stay again

Nice hotel to stay for weekend
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was promised that the room (King) has a Bay view, I even asked at customer support while booking the room, but the room we stayed was on the 2nd floor and with NO bay/ocean view. The only bay view was seen from the breakfast zone and lounge room, what was pretty good.

I really full in love with the location! It's very close to the beach and Dowtown, very close to good restaurants! The room and the hotel in general was clean and comfortable.

Staff was courteous, rooms were clean amenities were also...

When people would come out of the pool and didn't dry off made it wet by the elevator was slippery. Maybe they could put rugs in front of no one slip and fall.

Staff was courteous, rooms were clean amenities were also good. It was also great to have breakfast included with your stay, the view were awesome.

My room was comfortable, spacious and clean.

Elevators are pretty small. Had a difficult time checking in due to some “technical problems” (as in they lost my reservation and I had to take the last room they had available which was disappointing)

My room was comfortable, spacious and clean. Views are amazing. Breakfast was really good. Staff is very friendly. Great location. The hotel overall has a very clean and comfortable atmosphere.

I love the area n breakfast is always excellent.

The only thing was the construction But I look forward for next time I know it will b 👍

I love the area n breakfast is always excellent. All the personal were welcoming made us feel at home I will c u all next year around the same dates Thank You n God Bless All of you

Okay but not clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The bathroom. tub, floor, and coffee pot was filthy. Like the room had been worked in (construction) but not cleaned. Stayed 2 nights, when towels were replenished, room was still not cleaned.

Location and price, bedding was nice

Better than average breakfast, wait staff available, all...

Even on 8 th floor could hear traffic below. A/c cold but noisy.

Better than average breakfast, wait staff available, all very fresh. Great view from top floor of bay. Great coffee!

We are big fans now of the Best Western - Marina in Corpus Christi! We will return!

I didn't like it that we couldn't stay another week.

All of the staff at the front desk seemed friendly but one, in particular, who was a big help to us over & over again was: REBEKAH ~ She made check in & check out very easy. She made us feel not only welcome but also "invited". She also offered some especially helpful tips as to local attractions and restaurants. I would return to Best Western Corpus Christi Marina area just because of her. Good Job, Rebekah!

Brakfast was nice.

Carpet was yucky in room. Elevator issue of one being out of service was very frustrating.

Brakfast was nice. The view was great. The staff was great. The carpet felt very dirty and one of the elevators was broken. We were on the 10th floor so taking the stairs was not appealing. The 11th floor bar was great and the bartender was awesome! Also the reservation clerk when we checked in was very helpful. Great staff.

Should have shorten our stay to only one night.

Construction crews were drilling just above us which was annoying. It was often noisy and disruptive.

Location of the hotel with ocean views exceeded our expectations.

The best value on the bay with an awesome view. This staff makes you feel very welcome

We love staying at this property is the best value on the bay with an awesome view, the staff is always friendly and courteous. They make you feel very welcome

If it hadn’t been for your maintenance men i would’ve walked out..
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

We drove up and i was not impressed with the parking. There were 3 handicap spaces and i have disability plates for myself and my 87 yr old mom uses a walker..i had to leave my mom at the door and park at the end of the parking area.. then we went to our first room and laid down but we heard a loud humming noise surrounding our room. Called for maintenance and was told that it was the pool system so we moved but if i had known that this handicap access room was like this i would not have stayed here. Our options did not include a handicap access room due to this pool system. If you look at my reservations i requested a handicap access room due to my mom and myself. Like i said i would have looked elsewhere for what i paid for. For an 11 story hotel, the elevators were running slow due to 1 being out and only 1 working and the employee elevator. With the elevator being out, i learned that the breakfast was on the 11th floor!! I then did not go for breakfast due to the time it was taking for the elevator to arrive and leave peiple. Lastly, I understand that the handicap access rooms are limited but why keep reserving a room that will always be loud and have complaints? Make it a storage area or something other than a room.

The staff was accomodating and especially the maintenance gentlemen that assisted us..the 2nd rm we got was so much more quiet and comfy.

Horrible
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I came all the way from San Antonio and because I ddnt have a credit card I couldn’t stay not everyone carries around a credit card . I don’t like them so I don’t have one but that should not make someone feel less of a person because they don’t have one stayed at tha Raddison nice people great staff no credit card needed . Room still in tact no damages !

Conveniently located in a beautiful area.

Unable to adjust room temp to our liking. The bed and pillows were not as comfy as they appeared.

Conveniently located in a beautiful area. Great price too!

The room was really nice and the location was great!

I didn’t like that there was only one elevator working during our stay. The weekend that we stayed there the hotel was super booked and everyone was waiting for one elevator. The wait was so long we decided to take the stairs...our room was on the 9th floor! Also the hotel double charged us and we had to spend some time to figure out how they would put the money back in our card. I also didn’t like that there weren’t any vending machines. If you wanted a water or coke you had to go back to the first floor.

The room was really nice and the location was great!! Our room had a great view of the beach. Even though there was some things we didn’t like...we would stay here again.

Unable to get both rooms next to each other or at least on...

Unable to get both rooms next to each other or at least on the same floor although my request was placed at least a month in advance. An elevator wasn’t working which made the wait time longer.

Breakfast was great!

Rooms a bit outdated, bathroom smelled moldy and toilet paper was out when we cheched in, leading me to believe the cleaning staff did not give it their full attention.

Breakfast was great!!

The location off the bay was great!

The location off the bay was great! We had an event nearby, so it was wonderful to just walk there. We were given a room with a view, and it was spectacular, especially at nighttime. Walking down the hallways, and waiting for the broken elevators was a downfall, but once you're in your room, you feel like you're in a fancy hotel! Will book again.

Cabinets in kitchen were broken, closet sliding door...

Cabinets in kitchen were broken, closet sliding door wouldn’t slide, cushion on sleeper sofa was busted, and sleeper sofa mattress had huge stain on it. Had to pay additional $150 for deposit for accidental fee. Wasn’t informed, but was returned upon checkout.

Couldn't sleep very hot no rest no control of the situation

Noise, baby crying next door loud, party, smoking marijuana notified staff they didn't do nothing just advised us to report it again when we smelled it again

Nothing very unproffecional, rooms smelled, and after left to meeting told them to clean room they only used same sheets and did only one bed, no clean towels were provided

Great value for the price clean and comfortable rooms!

Well it is currently being remodeled so the outside was not that pretty, but inside the room is what counts!

The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was a great value for the price! Thank you!

It was better than my previous stay at other hotels. The staff and breakfast was awesome. They were

I didn't like the noises from the construction. We weren't even warned about it from the staff.

I loved how you had those things in the shower with shampoo,conditioner,and body wash instead of the tiny bottles. I also liked the store selling things we forgot like deodorant and q tips.

I understand they are making upgrades to the building, but...

I understand they are making upgrades to the building, but the rooms are in terrible condition. The AC fan was so loud and rickety that it kept me awake all night. The rooms are small and it overall just feels cheap-- definitely not worth the price.

I love it and will be back
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Just the parking could be just a little better

From the time I got there from when I woke up in the morning and ate breakfast from when I lay down and they comfortable bed I enjoyed myself

Great view of the bay from our room.

There was no maid service between our 1st and 2nd day.

Great view of the bay from our room. Very good hot breakfast from the 11th floor overlooking the city and bay

Very nice, and great value

I felt like when I was checking in the young lady was getting a little to personal. It's one thing to ask me what brings me to corpus, but to ask me who I'm visiting? Where do they live?? Uh.. no.

I would definitely stay here again.

It was a nice room had a view with a small balcony. They have shampoo conditioner and body wash dispensers which is awesome compared the little bottles other places offer.

It was poorly maintained and the staff just didn’t care

It was cold that night and the heater didn’t work . The next morning I explained it to the front desk and she said was “ oh that sux” . Also my company vehicle was messed with . Someone stole my turn signal lense which cost me $280 to replace . I will never stay there again or will I recommend this place

It was poorly maintained and the staff just didn’t care

The restroom in the room was odd shaped and the toilet is...

The restroom in the room was odd shaped and the toilet is what you would see in a truck stop exposed water pipe no tank. The way the toilet paper roll was located you had to hav long arms or turn around to reach it.

Hotel staff was very Customer Service oriented. We checked in on Thursday 10/19 and Mandy was awesome she gave us a room on the 8th floor. Would definitely come back. Best Western you rock

Pleasant stay but didn't enjoy breakfast experience.

breakfast choice - food in breakfast room had to be eaten off paper plates with plastic cutlery which I think is poor for this standard of hotel - unable to use outdoor pool due to hurricane damage ( not the hotel's fault )

Nice panoramic bar, location

The pool was under construction and when I asked the desk...

The pool was under construction and when I asked the desk clerk about it she was extremly rude and replied "didn't you hear we had a hurricane so it can damaged ". She could just responded with an "I'm sorry but it was damaged during the hurricane sorry for the inconvenience". But that's not what I got. The toilet was not clean when we went to our room. The glass door to the balcony was broken so we couldn't step out and see the view. Don't be staying there again.

What i didn't like i had c to connect the lamps i think they v forgot to plug them on.

I like everything about the breakfast it was great. The bed was great especially the pillows.

Excellent views and location made our stay here sublime

There are two nice parks nearby to walk your dog, just know at night the homeless are sleeping there. The water pressure was weak.

Excellent views of the bay for our room. The bed was exquisite and the breakfast divine! Staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Lots of other properties nearby, might give them a try next visit

Breakfast staff appeared to be rude, not caring. Ran out of pancakes, butter and yogurt at 8 am. said they would restock, after 30 minutes still not restocked. One day the breakfast lady cut in front of us at coffee/juice bar, to grab something almost knocked my wife down, just glared at us and walked away.

Beds were comfortable, housekeeping good, views were spectacular

Great stay!

I have stayed here both for business and pleasure. They have been very attentive and helpful every time I've been there. The rooms are nice, and the views are great too. The location is very good, as my favorite restaurant in Corpus is right behind the hotel.

Thankfully close to the water but won't stay here again. Very

Floors looked very dirty and walls looked like they hadn't been cleaned. Had to have fridge replaced when our food went bad. Elevators are very small

Had a nice view

Bed bugs!!! Who likes bed bugs? Found one on my toddler when we woke up. Told the staff and they found another one under the mattress at first they said it was a roach was definitely not a roach. We will never stay here again. We only went here since we didn't have power in Portland due to hurricane Harvey.

Nothing! The only thing was the friendly staff.

It was our second time staying at that hotel and we will be staying there on our trips to corpus.

The view, I should of asked for a better view, but it was all booked out.

Everything was perfect, the beds felt a bit wet, but other than that it was very enjoyable...

One of the elevators was out;

One of the elevators was out; The tv at the bar was louder than the music in the lounge upstairs. Music should louder.peopele wet uncomfortable because we could hear each other's conversations. Tv sound should be off.

Nice Accomodations.

One elevator was broken. Wait times exceeded 10 minutes. Took over 30 minutes to secure a cart for luggage/ bags etc. at check out.

Nice Accomodations. Great view.

No Comforters on Beds

No Comforters on Beds Nats in Breakfast Area which is crazy because it's on the 11th floor and don't plan on a amazing breakfast as promised. Elevators Broke so you have to plan a Hour Before hand just to make it to breakfast or downstairs to check out Staff super nice defiantly but not worth the money.

Unprofessional receptionist, terribly small handicap room, and No View also !!!

The staff at the front desk was less than obliging ! When we arrived all arrangements had been taken care of ahead of time online... we thought ! They did not have anything taken care of at all. My wife just had a knee replaced a week and a half before our trip. The staff put us on the 6th floor with a bathtub, which she could not get into. We requested a handicap room to begin with. So we had to move all the luggage back down the ONLY ELEVATOR WORKING to the front desk. They seemed quite amused at my dismay. Then they put us in a handicap room with NO VIEW AT ALL, again something we requested to begin with, if available ! All this time my wife was in agony waiting to get to our room to lie down!!! The entire time we were there, only one elevator worked . This has to be a fire hazard in a busy hotel with eleven floors. We had to wait along with other guests several minutes for the small maybe 3'x 5' elevator each time we left the room. The staff never said anything about the inconveniences that had already occurred. This was totally unacceptable! This experience will never be repeated by us because we will never return to this fire trap and discourteous receptionists !!!

Good bed, but terrible pillows. Handicap room was very small and hard to navigate in room. The walker was barely able to get through the room. Only one elevator was working and it was very hard to get luggage carriers . Elevators are very small and with only one available it was dangerous if there was any emergency to occur !!! The fire marshal would have a good time with that.

Wonderful place to stay!

Great location with a view of the marina. Clean , comfortable rooms and friendly staff. They had a large breakfast bar with plenty of seating. We will definitely go back.

Not that good

Air conditioning system is very poor , old building has old system to cooling the room with cold water !!! It is like 100yrs old systems!!it does not cool quick take forever !!! My cousins assigned room had to change due to not cooling the room! It was so hot ! Hotel should install room AC not this old system they have ! I

Breakfast is good

Family and I would definitely stay again.

A/C in room didn't cool enough and turned it down all the way.Vent had water marks going down the wall from a/c.

Breakfast buffet had a good variety to choose from was great. Beds were comfortable.Great location for walking nearby to eat and site see.

Not worth the money we paid. Will stay somewhere else next time.

The Ac was not working when we got to room. It was fixed after second visit from repair man. Then it was way too cold. The thermostat was difficult to operate. I over heard another guest say they were having the same issue with Ac. The pool was broken for first two days of stay.

The breakfast was good, with much variety. The beds were very comfortable.

Overpriced

Elevators were too small and only had 2 for 11 story's. Water pressure in the shower was terrible.

The bed was comty and so were the pillows. Breakfast was great

this location was very close to the water.

The thermostat was having issues cooling down the room.

this location was very close to the water. I appreciated the walking distance to the bay, and several restaurants.

Great Hotel!

The only problem that we had was with the air conditioner. But the staff try to fix it and it didnt work, so they change our room. So after that, everything was great!

The view was awesome. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast with the view to the bay was great!

will return to my future trips

batterys in remote for the tv.

balcony view was awesome . room was great fridge,tv, best of all was the bed. rest room was clean and also stock with plenty off towels.

Bay view!

Elevator was slow, but they were working on it while we were there.

Hotel was in a great location, staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful! The views from the hotel are AMAZING!

A Best Kept Secret in Corpus Christi, Texas-

NOTHING

Hotel receptionist/ Staff looked forward to assist you- they took pride in their position. Blimpy's Staff - wanted you to see the pride they took in preparing your order. The Breakfast staff and Evenings Bar/Lounge Staff: very hospitable and took pride in serving you-

It was a nice view and staff were very friendly.

There were only two elevators and they were very slow one ended up breaking down and had to use staff elevator or stairs

It was a nice view and staff were very friendly.

Best front desk service ever!

As soon as we walked in we were greeted with the most friendliest front desk workers, Mindy and Allison were absolutely amazing ! The were attentive, friendly, upbeat and made it look like they have been waiting for us. Best front desk experience I have ever had . Good job! I was only supposed to be here a day and enjoyed so much I extended loved it here I don't know why I would ever go anywhere else.

The beds and pillows were comfortable.

That the eggs were not hot. And the elderly woman that was behind the counter was not friendly at all not even a smile. On the other hand the gentleman that worked with her was very friendly and helpful.

The beds and pillows were comfortable. And the shower was great.

Location and staff

It was hot air didn't work properly and was not clean we still had trash in trash cans when we checked in bathroom was not clean

Location and staff

Not much

Loud air conditioning not se all night. Beds need to be replaced. Springs are gone. All beds were sinking in the middle. Poor parking areas. Checked out early, was told I would not be charged the second night, yet still got charged. Will not ever return to this hotel. Not worth the money.

Not much

Great downtown location with view of Harbor

Had a view from every room; however, it was a side view. You had to go out onto the balcony and look to the side. Otherwise view of parking lot. Felt a little out of date.

Great view from breakfast area (11th floor) of the Harbor. Downtown.

Nice Place To Stay In Corpus Christi

The shower faucet was loose and difficult to turn on. When it was turned on, I expected it to fall off in my hand. Since the room was cleaned, housekeeping knew about the shower faucet but did not see that it was fixed. That was the only problem we had during our stay.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was fine, the hotel was fine. There was a covered parking lot that was a pleasant surprise.

Awesome place to stay.

The staff was awesome especially Mandy, Gabby, and Delma (?) They were friendly and answered all our questions. They recommended restaurants and places of entertainment which we really enjoyed. We requested to move due to the ac in the room not working as well as we liked and they moved us as quickly as they could. The room we we're being moved to wasn't ready so the housekeeper came from the other end of the hall she was working on just to clean our new room so that we could get in there right away and continue our day. The beds were comfy, rooms were clean, breakfast bar was awesome. There were 12 of us in our group and we didn't have one complaint. We are definitely staying here again.

Great place

We tried to tell the woman at the breakfast twice that they were out of pancakes, she ignored us. The Young girl working in the breakfast was very nice and welcoming.

The staff in the reception, the bar and the lovely staff there.