Reviews of Best Western St. Louis Inn 2 stars

6224 Heimos Industrial Park Drive, Arnold, MO 63129, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Arnold

The staff were very friendly & helpful. Room was very comfortable and clean. Perfect location just 15 min. from downtown St. Louis. Plenty of shopping & restaurants near hotel.

hotel was old and dirty. very noisy. the so called air freshener was so strong you could hardly breath. will not stay here again. The sink was outside of the bathroom very bad design.

room was clean. close to what I needed.

The WiFi SUCKED and we asked for a room as close as possible near the lobby because my step dad is handicapped and they gave us the furthest room possible!

The onion bagels were good.

did not like phone call at four in the morning saying the computer was down at the hotel and would i give them my credit card number again . i didn't give it to them. when i asked front desk person , they said at least four other people said the same thing happened to them

I didn’t like that we were placed in a room directly across the elevator...It was pretty noisy with all the foot traffic on multiple occasions. The picture of the bathtub in a king room on the hotel’s webpage did not match the one in the room we stayed in.

The room was very nice, king size bed very comfortable, and many updates throughout the hotel.

Just the loud screaming kids in the hall at 8 am!! But that's out of your control.

The third shift desk employee was super nice, made it as easy possible. The room was super cute, didn't except because the price was so cheap.

• King Room with Hot Tub

Room was dirty, under the bed, cobwebs on the wall, holes in the wall. The pool water was dirty the first day, which is another reason why I chose to go there, and the second night it was closed. I decided to shorten my trip because of this.

I loved the Jacuzzi bathtub in the room, which is the main reason I booked there.

People above us jump around till 1 am called front desk around 930 pm they talked to them they say,went to front desk around 1130pm to tell them it's still going on I guess around 1am they got tied and stopped.

The kids liked the pool.

Bed was very high making it difficult to get into. A group of guests staying at BW were loud and yelling in the hallway making it impossible to get a good nights sleep. This group ignored night manager.

Location and parking were good. Check in was quick. Walking distance to Restaurant.

The room smelled terrible. We had to sleep with the window open in the middle of February just so we weren't choking on the smell. We have all been congested since we left. Our door was very hard to open, it took 2 people, one to insert the key and the other to push the handle down the instant youbwanr the green light. Dirty Washcloth left in shower, dirty toilet bowl and the floor was sticky.

Didn't really care for the knock on the door at 9:15 from housekeeping saying "CHECKOUT!"

Being an early riser ,I am often greeted with a grunt or grumble by people I meet at 3 am. The woman who was setting up the breakfast bar was not only VERY helpful, but extremely friendly. I enjoyed our early morning conversation!

Overall cleanliness of bathroom and room could have been better with no hair in the tub and make up on pillow case or at least smell clean, had to light a candle while were in the room. The breakfast looked good, but, even with multiple people sitting in breakfast area and more coming, "breakfast ended at 10:00" and being put away on a Sunday morning.

Beds were comfortable and room itself was a decent size.

Our room wasn't very sound-proof so we were able hear other guests yell at each other as well as people going in and out the backdoor. The breakfast area is right in the lobby and not very quiet. There only are paper plates/cups and plastic silverware available.

Our room was spacious and mostly clean. Besides the bed there was a couch with a coffee table as well as a desk with an office chair. The breakfast wasn't anything special but it was hot and there was some variety. Loved the buttermilk biscuits!

We couldn't sleep most of the night. Bed and room was comfortable but the room next to ours had the TV on loud until 4:00am. Walls must be thin because we could tell what channel and program they were using.

Nice breakfast included.

The elevator wouldn't work a couple times and there was no sign stating that. The legs of the bed were unstable.

The staff was friendly and everything seemed pretty clean. Lots of pillows and the beds were comfortable.

When I first got there they gave me the wrong room and the woman downstairs at the desk was bot very with it. We were also placed next to an outsode door where everyone slammed it. Also, the breakfast wasn't the best, but got the job done.

The jacuzzi tub was very relaxing, the bed was comfortable and the AC worked amazing to stay comfortable. To be able to eat breakfast on site was very nice also. We also left the do not disturb sign on the door the whole time and no one bothered us like we wanted.

The morning desk lady was a little stressed but other than that a geat place.

Very clean, very polite afternoon staff breakfast was great will stay again if in the area.

The room did smell a little like smoking used to be allowed there but it wasn't too bad.

The room was very spacious. Breakfast was delicious. I like that the hotel offers cookies and drinks (water and coffee) all day. I also enjoyed the indoor pool. The location was convenient to Arnold and the rest of St. Louis Metro Area.

did not eat the breakfast there so cannot tell you about the food. The are around the motel was not nice. Did not feel safe when walking from my car to hotel. Not enough parking spaces. Staff was friendly. The lighting in the bathroom was poor. Not a light over the sink. Air conditioner worked great. Bed was comfy. Just seemed dingy.

Breakfast was a hit or miss, one day it was ehh and the next was really good. More consistency would be nice.

The homemade cookies were a great treat in the afternoons.

Terrible odor permeated everything. Had to use air freshner to tolerate the room. Hotel lacking some basic maintainence. Would definitely NOT stay there again.

Breakfast could've been better. Cups weren't even stocked and breakfast attendant was nowhere to be found so I had to look through the cabinets to find cups for more than ten people trying to drink juice.

Loved that you had a kiddie pool. My son was ecstatic. Rooms were nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was perfect.

• King Room with Hot Tub

Booked the room in may. Called and verified that I had a room. When I arrived they said that I was suppose to be there the day before and the were booked. I shows them my reservation and they gave me a room. The air conditioning was Lois and did not ever get the room cold. Our cold water was not cold and one of the lights on the room did not work.

Breakfast and parking

My husband and I have stayed here for the last 4 or 5 yrs. Everytime we come back, it gets better. The breakfast is very good, and it's free! They've updated the rooms. The mirror over the vanity is to die for.I'm getting one for my house. If we make it back to St. Louis next year, we will definitely stay here again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

Area felt a little unsafe given the creepy people hanging out in back side of parking lot. We had a pet room and the floors in the room were FILTHLY and black. We wouldn't go without shoes. Took a wash cloth just to see how dirty and when floor was wiped the cloth came out black.

Beds were comfy. Standard continental breakfast.

Rooms were smaller than I thought they would be. Pool was small. Breakfast on the 2nd morning when we went down at about 8 am was out of everything. Only one person doing things restocking breakfast and the breakfast room was full buy the time she brought things out which she was very slow in doing it would be gone.

Easy access to the interstate

The pool was green looking and the water was salty with no smell of chlorine. Big disappointment because I love to swim

Friendly staff, good breakfast bar and comfortable beds

Had to wait well past check in time for room & wound up getting a different room because it was never ready. Breakfast was mediocre. Pool needs attention - chemicals needed - was blue/green.

Room was clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

Hotel appeared a bit out-dated. It was "bare bones" as far as decor, atmosphere and facilities. We were given keys to 2 different rooms upon check-in and both were either still occupied and/or not been cleaned and ready for occupancy. Had to return to desk a 3rd time before getting a clean, available room./ Also had another guest enter our room with her key while we were still in the room. Not sure how that happened but the desk clerk did issue us new keys. Also, lighting in the room was poor anyway and the LED-lit mirror in bathroom area was not working which made it even darker to get ready in the morning.

Breakfast offered was one of the best we've had at hotels. They had a great selection of menu items and the room available for eating breakfast was spacious and easy to navigate. Plenty of parking and comfortable beds available.

Although this is a non smoking facility, we could tell someone had smoked in the room we were initially assigned. We requested a room change, and the staff was very accommodating. Our new room was perfect. Since we had been traveling for awhile, we needed to do laundry which was right down the hall from our room. Breakfast was ok. Could have used more fruit and veggies, but was adequate.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

My wife and I both thought the breakfast could have been bigger with more seating. More selection for the breakfast. It seemed everyone was in each other's way trying to get their breakfast.

Loved the Bed. The room was big and comfortable, liked the amenities, staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Bed could have been a little more comfortable. Also, not so high above the floor, but that's just a personal preference

Room was clean, everything worked well.

Key card are a little iffy . Never know when they'll work.

Easy access of I55. Cheerfully staff. Very clean room. Well stocked with towels and soaps, coffee. Next to Cracker Barrel and QT.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

3 things: 1)There were wrappers on the floor from the previous guest. Definitely wonder about the quality of cleaning. 2) I was at a competition for my son and needed to extend my stay. I called from the arena and the desk clerk the hotel was completely booked. I asked if she could look and she stated unequivocally it was completely filled up. I had to go back to the hotel between events (1 hour round trip) & asked the new desk clerk about extending. They had several rooms available & had them when I called! The original desk clerk just didn't feel like checking. The new clerk refused to honor the rate I had for the original 3 nights. 3) this is merely annoying. The hotel buys toilet paper rolls that are about 1/2" shorter than the holder. They've removed the spring bar that holds the toilet paper on the holder. So the paper doesn't stay on the holder well.

Nice size room. Staff was friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

The elevator broke down and there were no indoor stairs to our floor so we had to carry all of our luggage on multiple trips outside in the cold rain.

The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was tasty.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

When checking in there seem to have been a problem with the payment but the desk person gave us our key cards and room and said that she would bring it to us to sign. We went to dinner came back within an hour, went to our room she never came or called then at 11:45pm we get a call from the front desk telling us that we need to bring our card down to the front desk. My husband has a heart a condition & we had appointments starting at 8:00am to 2:00pm at Barnes Hospital that next day then a 3 hour drive home. I took payment to the desk then got back to my room at 12:15am and my husband and I could not go back to sleep until around 3:00am we had to be up by 5:30am to make the 8:00am appointment. We were totally exhausted.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

We could hear every word of every conversation in the hallway and in the parking lot near our window while we were in our room with the door and window closed.

The beds were extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• King Room with Hot Tub

The desk clerk on evening shift was very nice! The bed was absolutely the best bed I have ever slept on! We even looked for a maker tag on the mattress! Unfortunately we didn't find one. The jacuzzi worked perfectly and hit the spot after such a long day of work & travel. Breakfast was hot, fresh & delicious! Will definitely be staying here again!!

Toilet consistently ran, the mirror over the sink was lit around the edges by being plugged into a non water safe power strip located over the sink. Not very sound proof.

Large room, easy parking.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The pillows were lumpy There was a problem with my payment. Booking.com let me know I'd have to pay at the hotel. When i checked in on asked if they needed my payment and the front desk staff said I was good to go. Then, upon checkout the next morning I asked again of they needed me to pay and once again they said I was good. Today, 4-15-17 they called me telling me I had to pay over the phone. When I asked for them to bill me they said it had to be paid today or the payment would be sent to collections.

I arrived and they could not call up my reservation. They said their was no confirmation number. They tried calling Booking but go nowhere. Eventually they had to delete out my booking.com reservation and make me a new one. This new reservation was now a bit more expensive. When I pointed it out the lady shrugged her shoulders and acted like there was nothing she could do. She did not offer to fix the situation. I doubt I will ever go through booking.com again and probably will avoid Best Westerns (certainly the one in Arnold Missouri) in the future.

breakfast was good enough

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Our air was not working correctly and our room was very warm. There were so many people at breakfast that There wasn't anywhere to sit and the kitchen was crowded.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

There was a young woman with kids in the room above us stomping on the floor at 11:00PM. After talking to the staff twice to do something, my husband and I went up to the room ourselves and after that they finally stopped.

• King Room with Hot Tub

There was a towel in the bathroom that looked to have been laundered but had what appeared to be feces on it. Also, the room didn't get very cool. And there were so many people in the breakfast area that we did not stay for breakfast (not the hotel's fault, but it was very crowded).

Comfortable bed. Husband and daughter enjoyed the hot tub.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

I had a blood stain sheet on my bed first night I stayed. My son room was double book.3 times late at night somebody came in saying that was their room

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Disability Access

There was rust in the tub and there was a box without a cover and you could see the wires inside the box I was affraid my granddaughter would get on Tue her and touch it

Cleaness room size price great breafest nice area

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• King Room with Hot Tub

Couldn't connect to wi fi, uncomfortable bed (hard), very loud inside our room all night hearing other rooms doors open and shut like they were in our room.

Liked the jacuzzi in the room

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Beds were pretty hard and hot tub was cold so wasn't able to use.

The breakfast was good. Staff were friendly location was great right off interstate.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Food should not run out at 8:30 am. Other guests had to go find a person to tell about the food

The food ran out. So there was cereal and milk, but the eggs and sausage were empty, there was no waffle batter. They were refilling it as we were leaving.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

When I made the reservation with booking.com I made it based on the location and that it had a pool. When I got there the pool was closed. I said something about they should have advertised the pool being closed on line, and I hear the manager yell out from his office, "It is advertised" I saw nothing saying it was closed when I booked. Also, You can hear people holding conversations wile they are walking down the hall. Not yelling, Just talking. So what can people hear from your rooms if they are walking down the hall? Location is ok, but hard to get out of onto the main street. Will not stay at this location again.

Beds were nice, rooms were clean, breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

Hallways & elevator were pretty run down. & the other visitors were a little rough looking & loud & were always huddled around the entry door, didn't make us feel too safe. Almost all men staying there, road crew guys.

Tile floors and easy access on main floor for our elderly lab. Room seemed pretty clean, comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• King Room with Hot Tub

The hour long wait after check in time for our room, the door did not latch properly, the telephone didn't work, the coffee pot was broke, the ice machine didn't work, and the soda machine was out of order.

The hot tub was amazing.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The pool had heat but on cold. the kiddie pool had no heat at all. This is why we picked this place to stay was the layout of the rooms and pool. we never went in the pool. a bummer!!

Comfortable bed and clean

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Sadly, this Best Western was not the best. No hot tub, breakfast items were cold, no bar soap, one hand towel, bathroom off lobby smelled like urine, and no desk lamp in the room.

We were in town for a funeral. The location of the hotel was good as well as the price.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Cleaning staff woke me up by trying to unlock my door to come in and clean at 9am, even tho check out was at 11am and I had the door locked from the inside which could only happen if someone is IN the room. Common sense. Also no soap in the shower and no large towels for drying off after shower. Overall bad experience. Wouldn't recommend.

Our rooms were on separate floors. We booked them together so we were expecting them to at least be near each other. Also breakfast was only offered from 6-9.

The shower was excellent. Pool was very clean. Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Lack of cleanliness. Bathroom still had used towels and wash clothes from the previous occupants hanging on the shower curtain rod. The bed pillows were awful; 6-7 8x8 hard, lumpy pillows made for an uncomfortable night's sleep. Although this isn't necessarily the hotels fault, we were placed in a room next to a block of rooms occupied by a girl's soccer team. The noise level was ridiculous. The girls weren't being rambunctious. They were just being your typical teenager. There seemed be be little to no noise barrier between the rooms and the outside hallway.

Breakfast buffet was good and replenished often.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Everything was good.

Friendly staff. Good food. and a good nights sleep after 9 hour flight from England with a 3 hour drive after a good breakfast.Plenty of parking, easy access from and to the I55.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Room wasn't ready when we got there and had to wait 20-30 minutes until we could unload our luggage. Even though the water pressure and temperature was great coming out of the tub spout, it was slow and weak from the shower head.

The room was very comfortable and located near a rear door like we asked. There was a great breakfast available and USA TODAY newspapers Thank you!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The key card never worked, a few of the staff members seemed a little unprofessional, there was a lot of noise in the evenings from many other room occupants, and there was a lot of construction going on that caused a lot of frustrations with not being able to have a wheelchair access room for my disabled grandmother.

I was pleased with the bed, and the breakfasts were awesome. some of the staff were very kind and lovely to work with. I was pleased with hotel's convenience and easy access. I also thought the hotel was kept fairly clean. And was very thankful they were able to get us into a room before our actual check-in time.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

We stay here every time we go to St Louis for family events. The rooms are very clean and beds are comfortable. Location is central and easy to get out and in of the place..

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• King Room with Hot Tub

Honestly there wasn't anything we didn't like! And thats why I wanted to be sure to give my good review!:) One mention though, In some of the reviews I had read people were mentioning a room located at the end of a hallway where you could hear people coming in/out of the door to the outside of the building & we did happen to get one of those rooms & I admit you could hear the door slam every single time someone came in /out ALL NIGHT LONG (I was thinking...maybe this is where the employees have to go outside to smoke or something?? because there's no way it could have been other hotel guest opening/closing this door all those millions of times all night like that?) But it wasn't too terribly loud & didn't bother us too much at all due to the fact that we ALWAYS leave the music channel on our tv at night, BUT if we were the type of people that need complete silence to be able to sleep at night, then I could see it being a problem for people like that when it comes to be bedtime. And we happened to sleep through the free breakfast time in the morning which kind of sucked because we were looking forward to the waffles & biscuits & gravy we had heard about BUT the only reason we missed breakfast was because we kept hitting snooze on our alarm because the big comfortable bed we were sleeping in was just SOOOOO freakin' comfy that we just said F it & stayed in bed & slept in instead! So that's technically on us!;)

I admit I got a little worried before we went because when I looked through their reviews I seen so many bad ones:( But I don't know if their staff has changed and/or things just got a lot better after their recent renovations but my Husband & I had a WONDERFUL stay when we went! We enjoyed our evening in a jacuzzi suite while we celebrated for my Birthday & Our 6 Year Wedding Anniversary! The staff, a terrific gal named Tina;) was very friendly/accommodating & our room was AWESOME! We almost didn't want to leave the next morning! (If it wasn't a Sunday & my husband didn't have to be back at work so early on Monday morning, We probably would've asked if we could've just payed for another night so we could've just stayed again instead of checking out at 11am!) So I'm glad to say we're excited about coming back the next time we get to!!!

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

It was so hard loud and hard to sleep. It sounded like someone kept flushing the toilet all night.

The hotel is beautiful, the people were friendly and the breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The first impression is important to me. The entrance was ok, but the elevator was dirty. The room was reasonable clean, but the feeling that it was not clean was because of the elevator.

Bed was comfortable. Location was great for our purposes.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Queen Room

Breakfast over at 9? Really? Sunday morning, many guests there for Cardinal baseball, late night game Sat night - extend breakfast till 11.

Did not get up in time

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Elevator was out. My senior mother asked for senior citizens discount from desk said she gave it but didn't.

Breakfast was plentiful. Good variety. hot water supply endless

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• King Room with Hot Tub

The couple in the room near me had a pet & the dog kept barking when they were gone. It honestly sucked but i enjoyed that they are pet friendly.

I loved the environment & the overall cleanliness of the hotel. The staff was very personable & friendly.

Facilities look run down.

The pool was a lil dirty

Beds were too soft. Had a delay getting us into room we had reserved on our reservation.

Staff was great.

Everything was great

Very clean, fruendly staff

• King Room with Hot Tub

Fantastic staff - goes above and beyond to welcome you and make your stay comfortable.

• King Room with Hot Tub

Great place to Stay! People are friendly and very professional!

There is mothing I don't like about this place.

I always like they honor my online quotes & I never have any issues.

Morning staff. Afternoon staff.

Check in lady.