Reviews of Quarzo Boutique Hotel- Bal Harbour 4 stars

290 Bal Bay Drive, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, FL 33154, USA

#185 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Fantastic! Big thumbs up to Franklin!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

The apartment was fantastic! We really enjoyed the 3 nights & days that we were there. Franklin at reception was exceptional and an asset to the hotel. He helped us and provided us with extra towels and gave lots of advice on where to eat. He made our stay even more worth it :-)

A/C in the room was broken aswell as no cable.
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

A/C in the room was broken aswell as no cable. The next room I was placed into shower head water pressure was poor, aswell as no cable and construction being done right outside my room by the balcony. Have tried contacting a manger and have left several voice mails but they are good at dodging calls.

Beautiful inside and very clean
    • Two-Bedroom Suite Oceanfront with Balcony

There was no cable for the 4 days and 3 nights I stayed there and there was cold water in the bathrooms. Also the elevators weren't working and they didn't apply enough towels and washcloths for me and my guests.

Beautiful inside and very clean

Really horrible experience
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

The elevator was not working and betweenthe two. Floors you could hear everything from. The top floor.. People were partying and making noise all night long and inspite of complaining they did not do anything. We had a kid and parents with us they could not sleep till 2am. It was horrible. Therewas no facility of drinking water

Only it looked nice and well decorated

They had free bikes, ready to be used.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

They had free bikes, ready to be used. Pool, near the beach, very comfortable, very spacious, extremely clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful

was not one of are best vacations, would not stay in that area again
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

the location to far from anything. lots of noise pool was not clean , asked for a few things and did not get a answer . would not stay there again. or tell anyone to stay there .

it was clean

nunca mais
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Unpolited reception. The employee responsible for check-in , despite portugueese speeker , did nothing to be understood , didn´t supplied the towels we need , neither opened the bathroom´s main suite.

Excelent location and clean. Poor staff.
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

The staff is not kind. The elevator was broken and no help to move the luggage in or out was offered. They charge a damage deposit wich is not required in any other hotel. The bridge close by is under construction and it is very noisy.

The hotel is very clean, and it has excelent location.

Big disappointed, especially with stuff. Room for 6 people, but just four beds. Terrible !
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

We book biggest room for 6 people and in room was just four beds, when we ask at front desk for extra bed, they want charge 30$ per night. Overall stuff was so bad.

Sun

Disappointed by the lack of hospitality
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

There was no front desk attendant. Nobody to speak to. I got sick I needed to leave and had no one to speak to. They insisted on charging me for all nights even though I tried to reach out on many occasions to let them know I had to leave a day early.

Lovely location shocking staff and service

The staff

Staff were horrendous nobody speaks English. We arrived at 11pm at night and only security where present and would not give us our room key as he didn't want to ring the manager up as he felt that wasn't fair on her as she was sleeping. So after standing at reception for 3 hours arguing we eventually were given a key to a room a great start to our honeymoon. Even though the hotel knew we were arriving late and we had all our paperwork printed out. We had no apologies or anything to say sorry for mix up or what ever they wanted to call it.

It wasn't the room I booked and the room wasnt clean with greatly rude staff. It was horrible
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

I didn't like that I didn't get the room ,I booked I didn't like how rude the staff was, and I absolutely didn't like all the bugs inside of the hotel . There was loud banging on my door and walls every morning . Children running yelling through the hallways and when I called the front office to ask if they can keep it down I don't even think they bothered to help with that . They didn't even bother to bring me a clean towels when I asked

I didn't like anything

Worst Hotel in Miami by Far!!!!!! Atrocious Staff and Management
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered, the staff were utterly useless, the management were even worse. The "free WIFI" does not work, it is company policy to pay for premium WIFI that actually works. The kitchen, which was the only reason we booked an apartment instead of a hotel "didn't work" we requested on the first night for it to be fixed and it wasn't even looked at, upon complaining to booking.com the management eventually responded stating a specialist part was required, absolute rubbish. We were told so many lies and give. So many excuses. The staff are not authorized to even call a manager when a guest has an issue. The management couldn't care less once you have checked in or out, there were several other guests complaining about bogus charges on their account. We returned home to find our deposit had been kept and further charges on our card, despite being told there were no extra charges on check out and our room being cleaner then when we arrived. They claimed to change the bedding and towels despite us leaving them on the floor to be changed but my wife's make up was still on the towel, they simply hang it back up. There are so many beautiful hotels in Miami, please do not stay here

Total displeasure
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Basically tha attention and prepottencial of the psersonal

Nothing. They believe they have a boutique hotel. they look like, but is just a simple hotel, with a very bad service. Always you need something, They want to charge extra for everything. I feel cheated. One of my daughters had to sleep on a sofa for the entire stay. They sell a department where supposedly fit comfortably 6 people, but only fit 4. It has a King bed and 2 smaller beds. I pay for 4 adults + 1 child of 17 years. However I wanted to charge for the extra bed, which I did not accept. I told them that I would complain to you. They did not care at all. I sent 2 mails to the Manager. No one answered me at all. The service is appalling. The staff leaves a lot to be desired. I really want that you. I would really like to get my money back. It had never been so bad in a hotel. It was a total dislike.

It was fine.
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Room needed upgrading a little. Fresh paint, etc. Also, people at reception had some difficulty with their English. We had trouble understanding why we needed to pay extra money. Seems the night reception made a mistake and the morning persons English was poor which made the situation a little uncomfortable.

The hotel is quite nice. Would def recommend. However, the last room needed a bit freshening up. A little worn.

Room itself!
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

No one understood what I was asking for(language barrier)!! I didn't want to pay for parking but apparently I didn't read when I made my reservations. Nice stay tho.

Room itself!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Beautiful but car required
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

No restaurant or bar on site. TVs and phoned weren't working and the laundrette had no machines fitted they were installing them when we were leaving. They didn't charge a resort fee because the TV's etc weren't working which is ok but we didn't get the welcome champagne either .

Accommodation was absolutely lovely, the best we stayed in on our three week trip, a lovely two bed two bath suite. The views from the back were superb and a five minute walk to an amazing beach and the resort cabanas with complimentary towels. All the staff we dealt with were extremely helpful from reception particularly one receptionist who loaned me her personal mobile phone when we had a hire car issue to save me on my overseas mobile phone costs, and another member of staff who helped with translation when the car recovery man came who only spoke Spanish, the guy in charge of the cabanas on the beach and the housekeeping at all times.

Far Away from my expectations
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Hotel facilities: the internet does not work very well, The TV was not working during my staying and when it did, there was only 8 channels available. They don't have room service, breakfast, restaurant or bar. It was far away from my expectations of what a Boutique hotel should be or offer.

The Staff is very helpful, in spite of some of them does not speak english very well.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Wouldn't go back
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

There was no tv, no phone, no docking station, no beach attendant certain days, wifi was spotty, dishes in the room were dirty. All in all not a great place.

A Great Miami Destination!
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

In the week leading up to our stay they were having issues with their communication system, so we were unable to contact them by phone which caused some worry but they answered our emails and booked us ground transportation from the airport to the hotel(they do not have a shuttle service). When we arrived the issues were still not resolved and they were unable to program the keys so the staff happily walked us to our room to open the doors whenever we needed. After four days, they eventually fixed their technical issues and we received our key.

The location of the hotel in Bal Harbour, Miami, is the perfect location for those looking for a relaxing vacation with all amenities nearby. This area of Miami is very clean and safe. The hotel was very clean and well-maintained. The hotel staff was exceptionally helpful in providing everything we needed. Our single bedroom, apartment-style, open concept hotel room was cleaned everyday and they even washed the dishes! The hotel provided beach service which included two chairs, one large beach umbrella, and beach towels at no extra charge. There was free WiFi service. Our room was beautiful with large tile ceramic floors through out, and quartz counter tops. We had a one bedroom apartment with a King sized bed, with walk-in closet(with a programmable safe), side tables, dresser drawers, and a large flat screen TV. The open concept great room was large for entertaining and relaxing, with a proper dining area. Off the great room was a balcony(a must if you have young kids so you can relax outside while they sleep) with a view of the harbour. A full kitchen which comes with a proper fridge with water and ice dispenser, four range glass cooktop, a combo microwave/convection oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, and an electric tea kettle. They also provided food preparation and cooking utensils, and dining place settings for four(you could ask for more if needed). We had two children with us ages 6 and 3. The hotel had a pool with lounge chairs and lounge tents. On the northside of the hotel yard were more lounge chairs with a great view of the harbour for boat watching. We enjoyed walking to the beach(5 minutes) and all other amenities(grocery store, restaurants and city park). If you have a young child we suggest bringing a stroller. The taxi ride to the Publix grocery store was $11 in US funds. We walked there but took a taxi due to the groceries.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

From a new yorker
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Charged for early check in .parking fee hotel fee room with no view noisy in the wall air condition 2 towels cleaned room didn't change towels had to go down to get them no one answered the phone .overpriced pool in the shade on side of the building.overall would not go back place is a ripoff from the minute you get to the front desk fees for everything

Clean room clean place

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Very Large room.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen and Balcony

Very small bathroom considering the overall size of the suite. Limited items in full kitchen. No toaster. AC unit very loud and located close to bedroom. Balcony next to roadway overpass/bridge. Would request west side room next time. 45 minutes travel time to south beach.

Very Large room. Jr suite with balcony. Extremely clean with modern lighting throughout. Lots of closet space. Two flat screen tvs. Immaculate hotel. Good location for Haulover beach access and Bal Harbour area restaurants.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Terrible, overpriced, lousy, loud - don´t fall for it
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Let me tell you that the images they post are totally misleading and the hotel does not deserve the title luxury nor boutique. The correct wording should include 'roadside' and 'motel'. Incomprehensible that it has the ratings it has. Our account reflects reality. We booked three nights because we loved the pictures and description on their site. We have a three year old daughter who loves to play in pools and play at the beach. The description was particularly appealing for: - zen garden - kitchenette in the room - swimming pool - breakfast service (optional) The truth: - the hotel is right behind a very heavily trafficked bridge - the zen garden does not deserve the name zen: you sit on a spot where either the incoming fishing boats make a hell of a noise, you are annoyed buy a gardener who cuts the lawn with an incredibly loud machine or are molested by the heavy traffic noise - the room we booked, a double queen, faced the bridge. With closed windows you hear cars, not even mentioning the noise when you open the window - the beds are crap. They squeak with every turn. Ridiculous quality. - the kitchen is not a kitchen. You can't cook. It's a fridge, a microwave and a coffeemaker and dishes. - breakfast / Roomservice not available as described. - the room looks like an oversized coffin, its tasteless in design and cold in ambiance - the entire hotel as zero flair - the bathroom tub was worn out - the whole building seems cheaply constructed - don't even think of taking the only elevator during check out time, you will need patience - bathroom door lock did not work - the pool is in the shade until 13 hours. Doesn't matter though, the pool is unheated and freezing cold.

The moment we left. This hotel is crap, overprized, loud and has poor service.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Hotel was clean and had a decent pool.
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Staff had little knowledge of hotel policies. A boil water notice was in effect due to a broken water main. We were told at the desk we would have to pay for bottled water in the room. When I protested the clerk said I could take a pot of water and boil it in the kitchen to take to our room. He upgraded our room to appease me to no avail. We had to go to a local grocery store and buy water. I think that $15.00 a day for parking is ridiculous. The Location of the hotel is next to a highway overpass. They said we had beach access-that is if you want to walk a quarter mile to the public beach behind a 5 star hotel.

Hotel was clean and had a decent pool. Rooms were nice.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Location is their trump card.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Cleaning personnel can't differ 'make my room' sign vs 'do not disturb'. Several times found my room unattended. Standard internet flows with snail's pace. It is fair to say standard internet (Via wifi) does not exist, luckily 4G signal was stable. Fee paid internet access was not tested but the price is sky-high for an hour.

Location is their trump card. Not the first time, hope not the last.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

The housekeeping always left the dishes dirty. Always have to call to ask for clean towels. I pay for a room for 4 people and when we went to the beach they only provide services for 2!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Location is the only plus this property has. It´s definitely below-the-average property at a exorbitant price. Free internet was virtually nonexistent (yet they claim to provide the service) pay internet was $10 for 12 hours and it was the worst internet service ever. Check out is at 11 am and check in 3 pm. The tried to charge deceitfully $60 late-checkout fee, cos I was 10 min late. I said deceitfully, since the did not want to provide a detail of charges. Outrageous. On top of that, they charge a $15 "resort-fee" and the do not have any facilities out all, but a 20 sqf. pool. My advice, if you really like Bal harbor pay a little more and book at the Ritz or drive 10 min. and get twice as much by half the price (e.g. Sunny Isles or Surfside). Dont waste you many and time ins this very disappointing property.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

I liked the location of the property
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Didn't get the genius welcome drink, the Wi-Fi did not work (was extremely slow and did not want to purchase the upgrade), the room had a terrible smell at the entrance area, and I happened to observe the filth under the bed. Not great value for the money.

I liked the location of the property

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Spa like needs better management

See above

Elevator was sometimes non functional (had to call for assistance while stuck inside) used the stairs from that point forward, smoke detectors and remotes needed battery replacement and when the staff was called to take care of the issue they just removed the smoke detector 😲Called the front desk again no one came after 2 hours.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Disappointing stay
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

The many requests for balcony chairs, even though they are in the pictures, never received.The balcony room with city view, a joke the view is the car park and a major fly over right next to the hotel. The fact I could not use a pull out bed for one of the six guests for one night. The dust on the work surfsces and cupboard doors. The nosy air con unit. The fact I had to wait for at least 20/25 minutes to check out to receive my bill as no receptionist was on duty. The daily resort charge as extra 20$ for wifi, beach chairs and so called champagne on arrival, which we did not get. We asked for coffee for the room and my elderly dad was told there was enough in the room for you when you arrived, if you want more you will have to pay......Do you class 2 packets of coffee for 6 adults sufficient??? Four towels for six guests?????? I don't think so..... To be honest I got fed up with asking for items that were advertised but did not get which encouraged me to book. There is a surcharge on your credit card for 200 $ not advertised on bookings, so be careful. Disappointing stay especially as this was a very special holiday for family who saved hard and choose this hotel after many hours of looking.

On arrival before the strict check in time, we arrived early to ask to park the car up and explore and was given the room 2 hours early. That's where it ended. :( The apartment was very modern and right up our street especially for the cost.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Everything was excellent, from check in to check out.
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Everything was excellent, from check in to check out. So glad that i booked this hotel. Had my 40th Birthday there and they even surprised me with an Argentinian cake & candle. Thanks for everything.

Beautiful apartment, nice days at the beach
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen and Balcony

The girl at the reception the day we arrived was neither friendly nor too smart. (Sydney). The rest of the staff was friendly and helpful.

Beautiful and hughe apartment, wonderful kitchen, nice bed. Close to the beach and walking distance to the Bal Harbour Shops.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

I have travelled the world and not experienced service this bad:
    • Two-Bedroom Suite Oceanfront with Balcony

- we asked for a baby cot, receptionist said they didn't have one available. I asked if we could get one tomorrow, she said maybe... I asked whether they were all booked right now or don't they have baby cots in general. Receptionist said the staff who is able to provide us the cot is not at work right now...I was like: Ah? Do you have the cot or not? because if you have one then we can carry it into our room ourselves and make a bed for our child. Then she finally gave us the pack and play baby cot from the room next to her reception counter while making faces as if it was too heavy for her to lift and give it to us :D:D:D. So basically the only problem was her laziness and fear that she would have to come to our room to install it and make a bed. We ended up not using it because the mattress was really bad. Eventually at check out they tried to take 30USD for it and lied that they had told us it costed money during check in. - When we first walked into our room, we saw the invasion of ants...everywhere...the living room floor, bedrooms, bathtub, kitchen. Went back to front desk to ask about it. I have a video of the million ants. They had no other rooms available for us for what we had paid for, only 1 very dark room which was very old looking a lot smaller than what we had paid for. They said they can't do anything about the ants that day and they can look into it the next day. So we went to the store and bought our own ant spray to make the room liveable. So if you book a room in that hotel, you might want to grab some ant spray before you check in :D - 2nd day I asked about the complimentary drink that we were promised in booking.com that where is it and do we get it and their answer was " I don't know" and that was it. - promised free WIFI didn't work, nobody did anything about it except offer us to PAY more money to get their premium internet.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Excellent location and real value for money
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Location is simply excellent ! Plenty of choice around for days out and food. Area was safe and beach and shopping mall a short walk. Beautiful. We would come again.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Disappointed
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Staff was rude! House keeping was a joke. Do not stay here if your traveling with more than one person. Hotel has unreasonable rules about noise after 9 PM. They will threaten to call the police on you. Also many Hidden fees; please read super fine print.

Very modern looking place.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Very comfortable yet affordable hotel close to beaches
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Location is a little confusing for taxi/uber drivers - under the bridge so they would just take the bridge and pass the hotel, then lose a few minutes doing u-turn to find it

Staff very helpful, hotel shuttle available on premises as taxi, 2 minutes away from bal harbour and haulover beaches

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Nice room!
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Pool closed at 8:00 most places we've stayed the pool is usually open till 10:00. We've never paid a parking fee before or had a security deposit placed on our cards!

Very nice room!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Last minute reservation away from south beach but close enough to drive there
    • Two-Bedroom Suite Oceanfront with Balcony

Breakfast said included but it was not-- you had to pay for it. Staff said no sleeping on the couch as it was prohibited and roll away bed was $30 per night! Beach access was 5 min walk although picture on website shows it next to hotel. Limited kitchen supplies - no blender or toaster and just a few pots and pans. No chairs for second balcony!

Air conditioning was great! Clean rooms and bedding. Quiet! Yachts and boats passing through bay provided a nice view! Private room with King bed and bathroom ideal for son and his girlfriend!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Used to be better... I still don't know if I'll come back.
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

-Free Internet (0,5 Mbps) is the worst I've seen. -Hidden Fees ($15 self parking on weather, $20 hotel fee). This is my second time there and in the first there was no hidden fees...This added almost 25% to the total previously paid with booking.com -Pool closes at 20:00

Location, room size, kitchen

Close to the beach and such friendly staff

Close to the beach and such friendly staff

Love this spot , very nice and clean

Nothing really

Tv cable and elevator was not working

Tv cable and elevator was not working

Great stay and will be back
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

limited parking but a minor issue

Great value for the money and excellent location

1st time in Bal Harbor Miami

The location, the construction

Clean, very well kept

• Two-Bedroom Suite Oceanfront with Balcony

Small elevator/ shower curtain kept falling

Location, Decor, and Accommodations (living room, bed, and balcony)

Very comfortable
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Location was very difficult to find. I feel like bigger signs are needed or signs approaching the hotel off the slip road.

Comfortable beds.

Expensive and poor service
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Price and picture not like the one we booked

Expensive and poor service

The size of the room.

The maid was not good

The size of the room.

Very good

The pool

Good experience

Cleanliness, comfort, location for our purposes.

No exercise facilities.

Cleanliness, comfort, location for our purposes.

Amazing
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

studio was big enough for 5 people, we feel like in home we have everything we need to be conffortable.

It was a great trip hotel was wonderful
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen and Balcony

The guy at the desk was very dry and boring...no enthusiasm

Bed was very nice the furniture was different I enjoyed my room the view of the harbor

Very clean, great service

Very clean, great service

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The cleanness of the rooms
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

The value of the money they charge for everything

The cleanness of the rooms

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

room size

room size

Beautiful hidden treasure!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen and Balcony

The could at least given a wash cloth after taking the one that was used

Everything! This place is beautiful!

What you see is not always what you get
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Booked Junior suite and did not get it I had a small room not suite

The parking was free for guest

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The room was incredible
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen and Balcony

There was no tv in living room, we had one towel, the phone didn't work and the elevator never came when we checked out

The room was incredible

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Can't get through on a phone line

Room

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The property came under legal seizure Irving us to leave 2...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen and Balcony

The property came under legal seizure Irving us to leave 2 days after we arrived.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Beautiful room, great location , very quiet

Better room view

Beautiful room, great location , very quiet

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Great romantic weekend
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Luxury and location close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Junior Suite with One King Bed

the air conditioning unit was very noisy and smelly

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Bug in the room. Added $20 a night for no reason

Staying

Leaving

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

No restaurante , no discoteca , no bar

No restaurante , no discoteca , no bar

Beautiful suite with a gorgeous sea view
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen and Balcony

The suite was lovely and the view from the balcony was fantastic. Great size apartment and amazingly attentive front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Not to good
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

The room was smelling like toilet :(( If they want to give you the first room on the ground floor..declined it :((

Very big room

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The Sweet Of Suites

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Beautiful

Beautiful

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The room was beautiful and the hotel in general was clean...
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

The location of the hotel , it was a mission to find it

The room was beautiful and the hotel in general was clean and nice

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Ants
    • Two-Bedroom Suite Oceanfront with Balcony

Staff wouldn't agree that they had an ant problem in the room and blamed me instead

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Easy access

No charm. Wifi very weak

Easy access

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Is second time we was there due is an paceful area and near off South and North Miami
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Wi Fi is poor, we must down to Lobby to get good signal

It is a small hotel, no busy lobby, no people in out

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

staff, could learn customer service101

staff, could learn customer service101

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

AN O.K. HOTEL !
    • Junior Suite with One King Bed

Small bathroom with no (ZERO) counter space to place your toiletries.

Large rooms with large and comfortable beds

Browse Quarzo Boutique Hotel- Bal Harbour traveller photo gallery