2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Florida hotel reviews
  4. Fort Lauderdale hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Bali Hai Motel

Reviews of Bali Hai Motel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1601 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305, United States of America

#90 of 140 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

The beds were comfy, there was coffee outside the rooms, I...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Outdated curtains and bedspread Starbucks right next to it closed down

The beds were comfy, there was coffee outside the rooms, I spent $5 for washer and dryer total, Cuban restaurant next to it, traders jos across the street, 5 min from the beach.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

An inexpensive stopover which suited us fine.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not much tourist information.

Family owned motel. Well kept though aging. Everyone very obliging. I’d left my USB plug behind and they not only found another one for me but told me to keep it (presumably someone else had left it behind).

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Convenient, clean place close to shops and not far from the beach.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy guests that decided to have a meeting to discuss something for 20 minutes in the main area at 2am :(

Clean room, pleasant staff, amazing location (across from Trader Joe's) and the windows opened so you can enjoy pleasant breath instead of AC! The pool area was clean and looked pleasant but we did not have time to enjoy it.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Nice grounds, pool.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Towels we're a bit thin, but fine.

Nice grounds, pool. Family run with an honest vibe. Great location. Pool was a sweet end to our hot and hectic day. Not a high end hotel - a touch of old, quaint Florida. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Basic motel, kind host, clean, comfy beds
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

These are old buildings, so people put off by chipped paint and cracked or mismatched bathroom tiles, for example, should look elsewhere. Plain pine board shelves above the toilet made me wish there was a closing seat cover in case anything fell. Location on Hwy 1 is a blessing for easy navigation, but adds noise. Our old room AC was quite noisy but cooled well. Also, staff was kind and friendly but speak (Hindi?) and limited English.

The room was attractively decorated, with new bedspread and room-darkening drapes. Mattress was firm and comfortable, linens crisp and clean. Grounds are beautiful, with colorful tropical favorites. Exterior is also freshly painted in tasteful colors. Spacious and nicely-furnished patio has a Keurig set up for coffee. Various popular eateries are nearby.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Disgusting, filthy place to avoid at all costs.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Filthiest place I have ever seen. Dirty take-out food plates on nightstand. Enough dust to write your name. Sticky rings on glass-topped table. Hairs in shower, including a pubic hair at eye level. If we hadn’t arrived so late, we would have left and found another motel. We slept in our clothes and socks on top of the sheets.

Staff was very pleasant

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

I'd give it a 3 star rating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

An older motel. Had water leaking in the bathroom from another room. Staff did get on it right away. The air conditioner was very noisy.

We were able to check in early. Manny at front desk was very friendly. The location is great.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Good value, friendly, helpful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Honestly described: clean, good value for the area & very friendly. Exceptional service - manager/owner? did our 2 lots of laundry while we had dinner next door!!* Thankyou. *Mario's Catalina - good food & Italian standard of service - very good. (Ask for a discount card when you arrive - $25 off the bill)

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Great Atmosphere at the Bali Hai
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Space in room was an issue, Walking by one another was tight in places.

The grounds were kept up and quite pleasant. Pool clean and staff available. Walking distance to café was nice.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend the place.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price was high for what we got. The room was too small. The receipt for the room was same as the posted rate, but we were charged $5.05US extra on our VISA. I called to ask the reason, I was told,"it was a mistake and they would take care of it" I have not heard from them to date.

Location was convenient for our purpose. It was Ok for 1 night stay.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

It was a pleasant experience for us to stay at this property.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would have liked an arm chair in the room if possible.

The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The entire property was neat and clean and very cute with a large area outdoors to relax and enjoy the weather. The room was small but quite adequate for our stay.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Location was excellent -- many shops and restaurants to...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The WiFi in our particular room was slow and unstable -- not really usable for long. But since the WiFi by the pool was excellent, we just worked there. Better to be outside anyway.

Location was excellent -- many shops and restaurants to visit. BBQ area was new and we utilized it easily. The pool area is quiet and comfortable. We spent much time there. The bed and pillows were just right. We slept well. The outdoor WiFi by the pool and BBQ was very fast and stable. The best place to work with your laptop.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

adequate accommodation for the price, but i wouldn't return
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

cleanliness in the room left a lot to be desired. the room was a weird configuration - no sink in the bathroom, it was in the kitchenette, but there was nothing in the kitchenette i could use except the fridge.

the owners and staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Ultra clean motel, value for the money, parking is easy.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

no breakfast, only few part of the staff speaks English (they are from India),no safe in room.

Ultra clean motel, value for the money, parking is easy.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

Great family, very clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I thought clearly the rate including tax was 79 but I was sick so not paying attention. On my statement I was charged 89. Had to stay extra night due to illness.

I was ill on arrival from Paris. The staff helped in every way.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

The swimming pool and garden looked nice, although we did...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The swimming pool and garden looked nice, although we did not use those facilities. The room was old and not well kept. I would only recommend this hotel to sleep one night and spend as less time as possible in the room.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

This was a semi-vacation to be with relatives and served it's purpose adaquately.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Could smell mildew in the room. There was a lack of furniture AKA no dresser in which to keep clothing, no table at which to eat, no safe, antiquated door locks and no dressing table (in huge bathroom). There was no shower chair in the walk-in shower

Staff were extremely pleasant, polite and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

For a single night stay, it could not have been better for the price. Amazing restaurant next door.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms were very dated with marks from many repairs. That does mean they make repairs when needed though.

It is an “old Florida” family run motel. Beautifully landscaped, enclosed courtyard inside the city.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

good value for your money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was very loud in the mornings while they were doing the laundry in thw courtyard area, yelling to one another.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Got Screwed over!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Room was a dump for the price they were charging. I had reserved one of their "nicer" rooms for 3 days a month in advance, & got several confirmation emails from them directly stating that room was reserved for me & at the price quoted. Upon checking in, I was told that the room I had reserved was given to somebody else that morning for several days, & that there was nothing they could do about it.. Except apologize... As I had traveled there & had all my luggage, it was too late to go shleping all over town to find another hotel at the last minute that had anything available, so they put me in a different room that was dumpy as can be, & that had bugs flying around in it the whole weekend.. Since it was there error, they should have upgraded me to a nicer room at the same charge, but they did not. I stay in hotels alot in the area,& have stayed there before, but I will NEVER STAY AT THE BALI HAI AGAIN!..They have now lost my business.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

Disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi hardly ever worked the three days I stayed, extremely weak signal divided over three or four servers. For my purposes the location was only adequate. I won't be returning

The accommodations were adequate.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Value for money, friendly staff, nice and clean.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The Wifi is not that great in the room, it's very weak and slow, I had to go outside to get a better connection, but that's pretty much the only "downside". It was actually nice not to get disturbed by social media notifications for a change. Also, they don't have a restaurant, so you need to get your own groceries. Not too bad at all.

Value for money, super friendly and helpful staff. One of the owners even gave me a ride as a favor at no charge when I needed a taxi. The hotel does not have a restaurant, so I cannot rate it unfortunately. They do have vending machines with cool drinks and there are supermarkets nearby walking distance where you can get your groceries and put it in your fridge or heat up food in the microwave in the room. The beds are comfortable and the room is very clean. Contrary to some of the reviews I have not seen a bug in the room and I spent 4 nights here. I would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2017

Old Florida With 4 Star feel!!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

A very old Florida Motel that is very well kept!! The landscaping was wonderful, Beds are very comfortable, just a few min drive to beach and the Family that runs it is magnificent!!! Will be back there when I am in area again! Julie and Darrel Lake Geneva wi

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

It was a great location.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Our bathroom was dirty. The medicine cabinet had two used razors in it and the toilet paper holder was dirty.

It was a great location. The staff was friendly and helpful. The patio and laundry facilities were a bonus.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2017

Generally okay but needs some improvements made.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower only, poor water pressure, no stopper to collect water in sink, radio alarm did not work, needed more hangers, small bars of soap almost impossible to lather, holes in tiles over sink in bathroom, poor loose outlets and some did not work at all . Management was quick to get stopper for sink and replace radio.

Clean, comfortable bed, reasonable price, sufficient storage to empty suitcases, excellent mini fridge

• Reviewed: February 4, 2017

Would not stay here again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Water from faucet and shower just trickled, not enough pressure. Air conditioner very noisy and kicked in too frequently all night long.

Room was clean but dated. Close to airport and eateries. Manager was friendly.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2017

Basic but quite adequate.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We usually look for 2 star places, We're not fussy. Bali Hai was clean. A little tired, maybe. The bed and pillows ware the best we had on our 19 night trip. And it was amazingly quiet even though it was on US 1. With fridge and microwave, we did breakfasts and one supper in the room.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2017

Spend a little more and go elsewhere
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Old and run down. Had a bedspread on the bed but no blanket, just a sheet. Kitchenette looked like it was installed in 1960. Window A/C unit was loud in ineffective. It was cheap, but wouldn't go back. Worth spending a little more to be much more comfortable elsewhere.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2017

A good value in an expensive town
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were a number of mechanical sounds, including the room AC, which made it harder to fall asleep. I would suggest earplugs.

Everything was as clean as a whistle and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

The owners were super sweet.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing really it was great.

The owners were super sweet..the place was homely, cozy very well kept.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Good budget motel in well kept surroundings
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

rooms quite small and noisy air conditioning.

Changed our room to twin bed on second night. Good communal facilities. Friendly manager.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking, rooms were old smelly.

Price

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

For the past 10+ years, we've been staying at Bali Hai when visiting south FL. We're STILL Pleased!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Furniture can be updated.

Clean, Friendly, Affordable, Location.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Overall good stay

Great customer service

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Will not book there anymore
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled, old old linens and curtains, bathtub was dirty.

Just the location

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Great value !

No complaints!

Property is in excellent location to restaurants and central to the city.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Ok
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wall ac units noises in room

Cleanliness &price

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Most disgusting place I've ever stayed in
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Most disgusting place I've ever stayed in my life.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

It was good, but we wished the WiFi worked.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi didn't work in the room.

Location was convenient. Room was good.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Clean ,location

Clean ,location

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

No thrills... What I expected! Great location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn’t have any food or drinks. Nothing bad nor outstanding.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

very old and in need of updating
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The place was dirty and had mold

The grounds were nice and location not bad

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Ok
    • Queen Room - Smoking

No electricity when we arrived. Shower did not look clean.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

A good one night stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room really did not smell good (a mix of tobacco and old dusty).

Caring and friendly staff at a good location.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No plugins in bathroom; no hair dryer. Very old, needs to be updated.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

for the price and location it was ok

pool not heated

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Stayed the night before departing on a cruise. Room met our needs at a reasonable price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small and needs to be updated. A/C was noisy and did not work very well.

Location was good for us.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

My stay at Bali Hai exceeded my expectations.

No cons.

Staff was excellent and the rooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Worked perfect for us for 2 nights before we got on our cruise
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nice,comfortable and clean. For the price you can't beat it. Close to restaurants and shopping. Friendly staff.

Every thing

Every thing

Expensive for what it is

Expensive for what it is

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Beds were a good sleep. Cool vintage Florida motel!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Classic Florida motel that is clean and a good value.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Nice and best experience!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Nice and best experience!

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Staff was friendly and landscaping great

No coffee in roomstatt

Was better then expected for the price.no

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Cleaness

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

A good accomodation
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Staff kidness. Clean and good bed. The patio where you can bring your own drinks or buy there in a vending machine, so quiet and convenient.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

We did not feel this was worth what we paid.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were very small and dated. Not enough lights or electrical outlets. No counter space in bathroom.

Outside property was clean and well kept.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

It served its purpose, booked a night prior to leaving out for a cruise.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price was good. and location made for an easy trip to the cruise port.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

Good for quick layover

Room small

Cosey feel

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

to sleep a couple of hours, aceptable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I need to stop the air condition ,too noise and thermostat don't work.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Walking distance to Starbucks clean property and room

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Nice landscaping.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Right off a busy street. Room was a bit rough.

Nice landscaping. Things to do nearby.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Basic, but very clean and such great staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to ask for better pillows. They were provided.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

uncomfortable bed, sheets had stains.

Room had a nasty odor

parking, pool and location are good

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Central located, friendly staff.

everything was ok

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

The bed was good n quite.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was good n quite.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Nice and clean for the money.

The wifi was weak.

It was a nice, small, clean mom and pop type of motel. Lots of restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Spotless room and very big.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Spotless room and very big. Staff let us check in early which was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2017

The place is spotless, quiet, serene & a good price.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Had a smoking room-(my request). Bathroom sink was very tiny, found it difficult to wash up.

The place is spotless, quiet, serene & a good price.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Please fix oven, otherwise perfect
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our oven and stove didn't work

the convenience.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2017

it was very quiet and relaxing
    • Queen Room - Smoking

the room was to small the bathroom was even smaller

it was very quiet and relaxing

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

Hollywood Beach
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom small,toilet not for tall people as there is very little leg space!

We Price Match