Reviews of Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza 3 stars

201 Baronne Street, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA

#112 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

The only thing I didn’t really like about it was the rooms were kind of small, there was no microwave in the room and there was no swimming pool.

It was nice for the price we paid. It was walking distance to everything which was a plus. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly!!!

Front desk personnel had no motivation at all

Location, it is close to everything of interests. Hotel staff did not gave us any tips on areas of interests, when asked they just referred us to the pamphlets in the lobby. A young boy who helped us with baggage's and parking, gave us more information that the entire front desk combined.

Location was great. Several restaurants close by and only a couple blocks from French Quarter. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Internet WiFi was bad. Despite having quite a few networks, all of them were weak and glitchy. Finally just turned WiFi off and used data.

Staff was great. Very clean and very comfortable.

Sewer smell at hotel was very bad garage truck arrived early every morning and also charge you for parking that the hotel does tell you about until yo get there

Distance to French Quarter was not bad

Nothing not to like. Just so you know the on-site restaurant is being refurbished but I believe will be open in July 2018.

It’s an older hotel but was clean and the rooms are large. Location was excellent, only one block from Canal street.

Housekeeping was very slow to change linens and service our room. I'm talking 4 or 5 pm.

Excellent location. Clean facility. Recommend the valet parking.

At 1030 am on my checkout date (checkout at noon), I was called and asked to let in the maintenance crew so they could switch out my TV. I asked for a late check out and they said the general manager would agree as long as I let the maintence crew in my room. Thankfully they didn’t follow through I had a late checkout anyway.

There is only a window that is facing the inside of the hotel. If you are used waking up in natural light, this is very inconvenient. The walls are very thin and I could hear everything neighbours did and some things I really did not want to hear. Sometimes it would take very long time for the shower to give warm water. No breakfast options.

Wifi was working very well. The air conditioning could have been turned off. Close to the French Quarter. Staff was helpful. Every day I arrived in a refreshed and cleaned room. The locker is easy to use and worked properly.

VERY firm bed but not unbearable. Also they have a horrible air conditioning and the maid just walked in on us in the room.

The location was great. So was the valet and check in desk.

Daily valet parking can get expensive.

The beds are extremely comfortable, the hotel is elegant, the staff is friendly and professional. Walking distance was short in every direction. Price was well worth it.

The room does not have a window to the street. Some hair were found on clean towels. The carpet is dusty. Two complimentary water bottles are only provided for the first night. There is a window to the hallway which has no value except bringing more noise to your room from people going to their rooms. Late checkout is just one extra hour. Overall it depends on the price you end up paying.

The bed is comfortable. Location is good near french quarter and near public transportation. Wifi is good. There is a refrigerator in the room and ironing equipment.

Parking was a bit of an issue as sign outside was quite misleading. None of the rooms have outside Windows which had the plus side of no traffic noise.

Excellent location and good hotel

I liked the location and the staff was amazing. Very friendly staff. I arrived late and was in and out and the staff didn't complain about the valet parking. They were so helpful.

No microwave, and no free breakfast like other hotels do.

The hotel was okay, no free breakfast like others, no microwave like others. But it was okay and clean, and near the French Quarter and walking distance in downtown area

I didn't have a microwave, but everything else made up for that.

I loved every minute of my experience at the Hotel. The staff was excellent and paid attention to details. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

The walls were paper thin, and would could here the early morning conversations of our neighbors clearly. The floor was extremely dirty and gritty to the point you couldnt walk barefoot. There were nats in the room so you couldnt leave open drinks or food out. The tv only would play for 10 mins tops and then the screen would go completely black and only the sound would play. Our fridge didnt cool hardly any at all. My friend and i shared the room and her shower was warm, i waited 15 to 20 mins later and there was still no hot or even warm water. The parking was above all the worst. Extremely tight parking. Very limited space. We stayed 3 nights and had to pay $60 and then there were 0 parking spots available and nothing staff could do about it despite paying. Entering and exiting can be very difficult there it no room for error and it is on way. So if meet head on some one would have to back all the way out the narrow and steep hill going into garage.

The bed was comfortable. The location was great

It seems to be a converted office space. The walls are very thin and you can hear everyone going down the hall. That being said the majority of the time it is very quiet because people are all out. However, if you want to sleep, you can wear ear plugs

The area is great, the staff is courteous and professional. It is very clean and well maintained

A bottle of Apple Barn Muscadine wine was missing from the back pocket of the drivers seat that was to be given to my mother that i bought for her from Tennessee. I assume it was the valet parking.

Being downtown

n/a

I was only overnighting between trains so wanted nearby and this hotel, once you've fended off the parasite taxi drivers, was just a 6 min walk with a carryon and despite it being 2300 the streets were well lit so felt safe enough but should only be a few dollars anyway. After 2 days on Amtrak, even with a sleeper , a proper bed and hot shower was bliss. Toiletries were good. Had I not already booked my next train and flights I would happily have stayed a few days and explored; haven't been to New Orleans since 2004 but there's always another time. Wifi good and tea and coffee maker worked fine

When I come to New Orleans this is my first choice of hotels. Its a beautiful hotel, that has ALWAYS been clean with a great staff. This trip I was disappointed though. We checked into our room, and the first night I thought nothing of the overly scented citrus smell. The second night as I layed down to sleep I swore I smelled vomit. My husband didn't notice anything so I thought maybe I was wrong. The third night, when we layed down,he caught a whiff of what I had smelled the night before. The City that never sleeps, so naturally things happen. I'm guessing it was behind the head board side of the mattress some where. It was sad to know our bedding and room was not as clean as it appeared to be. These days when your traveling and the fear of bed bugs are out there. Knowing beds are not stripped completely between customers still.. a bit disappointing.

Arrived a little early. There were a lot of people waiting for rooms to be cleaned. When you know there is an event might be helpful to add more maids to clean to have rooms ready for event.

The fact that there is no restaurant in the hotel was disappointing and the small coffee shop in the lobby didn’t stay open very long. The valet parking was extremely slow returning our car but we were compensated by the hotel for our two days parking.

Very friendly staff that went above and beyond for us. Location to the French Quarter and Super Some were amazing. Rooms were spotless and bed was extremely comfortable!

The bathroom could have been scrubbed and cleaned better. The shower tiles and wall corners had some mildew and pink biofilm which tells me it hasn't been cleaned properly for a while.

The staff at the desk were very nice and accommodating. The beds in the room were very comfortable. The hotel is away from the craziness of Bourbon St. but so close that you could walk to it and everything else in the French Quarter; averaging a 8-10 min walk to places.

Could not get the WiFi in our room .

Location was great Close to canal and bourbon st and all the transportation Beds very comfy Make sure to ask for a street view room so you have a window

Everytime you go to the service desk there was no one there cause they was in a corn joking around had to wait

It was beautiful place and you can walk everywhere

The rooms were very small and dirty. Looked clean but wearing white socks on the carpet you will find that they are filthy. The shower tiles were soaked the whole trip. Probably a really bad plumbing issue. Every time I brushed my teeth my feet got soaked. The sink was leaking into the carpet. The restaurant was closed. They definitely need to update their facilities. $29-$30 parking and you can’t even fit in the spots if you have a regular sized car. Let’s not begin to talk about the extremely steep garage entrance. Just not worth the price. It was basically a motel 6 with a nice lobby. Other than all of that the staff were super sweet. Will not be staying here ever again.

The location was ideal.

The internet service or lack of, gym is lacking but to be expected, need better richer coffee downstairs- that was not Seattle’s Best Coffee as advertised.

Location, price, A/C, cleanliness.

The pillows were hard so it would be great if the management could look into it and make a change. The price of laundry (per piece) was too expensive.

The location was excellent as my daughter and I wanted to explore New Orleans. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. The room was small yet comfortable.

Overall the hotel was great. If I had to come up with something- room service, a pool, and don’t charge so much for parking.

The staff was amazing. Made fantastic recommendations for things to do and where to eat. Would definitely stay here again

The rooms seem not so clean. All king rooms do not have street view windows.

The hotel is located in between French Quarter and Arts District, which is very convenient. My room does not have a street view window, so it is quiet from street noise. The air conditioner in my room is also very quiet. The staff are helpful.

Paying extra for their parking garage. That should be free with the room rate. I was expecting to be $300 plus tax for a 3 night stay. My 3 nights ended up costing over $400 with the parking cost. I wasn't aware of the parking charge when I booked

The daily refresh on the room was really nice. Staff was very frequently and helpful

The room had an old musty smell. It might be because the shower curtains don't stay closed all the way so the water splashes on the floor causing it to stay damp consistently. Or probably the room itself is old and needs updating/refreshing - it's a bit expensive stay for what you pay. It may feel stuffy for those who like windows, because the windows face the inside of the building and open to the hallway (not outside fresh air).

Location relatively close and of walking distance to the French Quarter; there was a convenience store nearby to get water & snacks. They held our luggage for us on the day of check out so we can continue to explore more of the city before our flight. Free printing in business/computer room. Room is average and clean enough, the bed was comfortable.

The hotel only has a coffee shop with limited selections for snacks, vending machine was available inside coffee shop. No restaurant in the hotel for dinner or breakfast. Bonus: Coffee shop employees are the most courteous and helpful of any hotel I've visited in a while. Major kudos to the girls in the coffee shop they exceed customer service!!

Location was perfect for tourist. It is located a block from the cable car system and Canal Street. Bourbon St is walking distance maybe 2 blocks away.

I booked a king room for three people assumed it would have a double and a single but no just one large bed. They tried to charge Xtra for a wheel in bed, could not understand why I did not want to share with my wife and 24 year old daughter. That second bed never got made in five days and we constantly had to ask for a third cup and coffee sachet. The room had dust all around the wall, carpet was tired bath bashed sink cracked. We got a complimentary water on the first day but on no other days. Breakfast cafe part self service was poor.

Lovely lobby good on the way out.

They say they have valet parking. It is not true valet. No one is waiting outside the hotel for you to pull up and then take your car to park. They have to call a service to come and get your car. That part is kind of a hassel.

The hotel is clean and the faciltiy is very nice. The bed was comfortable. I slept well.

There was no microwave and the front desk called twice to say that we were making too much noise according to our neighbor. My wife and I were just watching tv and it wasn't even loud.

It was clean and close to the french quarter.

Not a single drawer in the room in which to put clothes. And god forbid if you forget the credit card you used to reserve the room or check in earlier than 3:00. Not a friendly place.

Bed was comfortable.

I was given the possibility via their website to book a Shuttle Bus, but the front office staff had no clue about it. The rooms would need a bit of a fresh up, quite an old feeling. From a cleaning stand point, when you pick a brand new towel and you see a yellow mark on it, that's not ideal.

Very well located in the center of the city which is quite convenient.

I was not happy about the housekeeper who was assigned to keeping my room clean because I felt at times she di not want to do it. So Tuesday May 1, 2018 she decided NOT to do it. Anyway, I was leaving the next day.

My hotel room was comfortable and I was in a great location. The staff at the desk were great and I had a great time.

check in is horrible, you have to check in and then park..parking is 2blocks away..self park $20 a day, valet $30 a day. Front desk lady who checked us in was awful, very indignant, rude, should not be at the front desk..the lady with the bad ankle who cleans, whom I had many conversations with, should be given that position, she was lovely..

room was nice

From the advertisement I was led to believe parking was included but then had to pay for parking. Maybe add needs to be more clear.

Close to everything but far enough away from the noise of the streets

Coffee choices were good except we felt short of coffee cups.

We enjoyed having the little fridge for snacks, the safety box for valuables, the coffee maker, but most of all the bed!!! As soon as our heads landed on the pillows, we were out and the mattress was wonderful. I didn't feel like hundreds of people had slept on it and your body rolls to an indentation and the firmness/softness of the top were out of this world. My sisters joined us and thoroughly enjoyed the 2 nights we spent there. It was great for us seniors!!!!

We didn't have water for hours and we could have been told before we check in. We didn't get any sleep because of the noise all night

Bed was comfortable. And we felt safe

I wasn't a fan with the check in process, we received confirmation that we could check in early and ended up sitting in the lobby for almost four hours waiting for a room. We did not have WIFI the entire visit and the water was off during part of our stay.

The location was perfect, we were able to walk to every location we wanted to visit.

It was 900 dollars for two nights (including parking). A hotel like this one should cost no more that 120 per night. The toilets had mold all in the rim and were obviously not cleaned well. There was a long piece of hair in the bathtub when we arrived, so obviously the tub was not cleaned thoroughly. The electrical outlet in the bathroom did not work.

The beds were comfy.

Walls are a bit thin. The people beside us were loud, then the next night someone complained we were being loud. 🙄

Convenient location, very near everything, minus the noise.

No window to the outside world, so no natural light. Window looked out into hotel common area.

Great bed. Very good location. Free Wolfgang Puck coffee. Friendly and helpful staff. Overall, quiet.

The bed was a little hard. No chest of drawers to stow clothes. With four of us living out of suitcases for three days, it was a bit cluttered in the room... no luggage stands either.

Milan was great at check-in. Tiona, Dashone, and Keyonm were great when the four of us were sorting out our bill (and separate receipts). Natalia was perfect at check-out! The valet parking was super easy.

I was allocated a internal facing room, but manager refused to change it. The manner was rude and the reason I was given an internal facing room was poorly explained. very unhappy about it. Will not stay there anymore!

the gym is ok

The fact that they preauthorized my car for 50.00 for incidentals with out informing me first.

Loved everything from the location to the bed, very comfortable!! They had cheaper parking right around the corner for 15.00 bucks!!!

The staff wasn't as friendly as I expected, and the rooms were outdated. I also was charged a parking fee/laundry fee and I didn't have a car or do laundry there.

Arrived in rainstorm, pd for valet parking, then told I’d need to remove my bags from vehicle. Really! Window backed up to wall. Really! (Due to add on workout facility.) 1 night’s stay plus 1 vehicle valet parked was worthy of a $200-$225 stay, not $370. Have happily paid that much at The Roosevelt in New Orleans and Mayflower in D.C. Don’t plan to stay at this Wyndham again.

The restaurant was under renovation, the windows did not open, and they charged for water.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, comfortable, and had a great view. The bathroom was clean with beautiful fixtures. There is also an on site gym. Aesthetically the hotel is gorgeous. It was located within 15 min from the heart of the French Quarter.

I didn’t like the lack of the restaurant, I’m sure that’s why I got the good price cause it was under renovation. I didn’t like that the TV didn’t have HBO and that the bathroom didn’t have a fan.

I liked the price of the room and the comfort of the beds.

The king rooms don't have any exterior windows, the bathrooms are small. And house keeping staff could have been better with cleaning and leaving fresh towels and toilet paper.

The location was central to the major tourist spots..bourbon street, French quarter, the superdome and many others. The rooms were large and comfortable.

Staff were a disaster, completely unprofessional. They loudly bitched about their colleagues and shouted back and forth to each other about their social lives all day. We had a five night stay and our room was cleaned only once, after I went down to reception on Day 3 to complain and say that it needed to be serviced immediately. Bell boy non-existent, when checking in we eventually just asked if we could retrieve our own luggage from storage and bring it up and the reception staff laughed and said he always hides upstairs when there are customers checking in.

Great location, comfortable beds. Room was a good size, had everything we needed. As our room was only serviced once in a 5 night stay we got used to tracking down the housekeeping staff to look for replacement toiletries, coffee etc.

I wish I had known when I booked that my hotel room didn’t have an outside view of the city. It was only a view of the interior of the hotel. Be sure you ask that question before booking. There is no continental breakfast, but there is a place where you can purchase some muffins, fresh coffee, etc. on the property.

The property was clean and very comfortable. It was a great location. The shower was phenomenal for me. The beds were clean and the room was well kept. The location was superb and close to the main attractions. There were numerous eateries and convenient stores nearby. The check in and check out process was easy. I will stay here again. I loved how they cleaned the room once I decided to leave for my excursions. Fresh towels, new sheets, bed made...I would stay here again but with a window of the outside world. 😀

Check in process was too long.

The staff were not as hospitable as I would've liked. A maid was rude. Bellhop a little too casual. And the front desk unorganized.

The only problem we had was one day it look like someone did a run through in cleaning the room. Beds could have been made better. The bathroom smell like urine. The manager was very nice and explain what might have happened other than that a good stay.

Stay was very nice and staff was very friendly

Staff were indifferent throughout our stay. They did not have the "time" to call for a taxi on the second day and I was told to walk down 2 blocks to the next hotel where cabs frequently park. The first day I called for a wake up and a taxi, neither happened. I awoke on my own and the Staff called for my taxi when I came down from my room. We were lead to believe that this hotel had a restaurant, lounge, and that all I had to do was call the desk for taxi service. On arrival, the Staff "pointed" out the front door telling us "restaurants are down the street" their attitude was as though they could care less if we were there or not, an attitude shared amongst other guests that I spoke with who were in NOLA to leave on a cruise. Disappointed, YES, especially for what we paid and that the information I got from contacting the property before my trip was not an accurate description of amenities or services. On our day of departure we waited outside with our luggage for 44 minutes before our car was brought out. There was one other couple waiting after us and no one before us. I must say though that the gentleman who brought our car actually opened the door for my wife and actively helped me pack the car. This did not happen when we arrived, again the Staff just pointed to the luggage dolly and said "be sure to return it when you are done". I have compared this hotel with the other 3 that we stayed at during our 11 day trip. There is no comparison for cost, comfort, or hospitality. I would not recommend this "facility" to any other traveler headed to NOLA. Too many other hotels around the French Quarter with better atmospheres, amenities, and hospitality for the same or less cost. We know, because we looked around and dined at them.

The room was clean.

The hotel did not have any cutlery for our use no toothpaste, shaving supplies no nothing if you forgot to bring it. And they did not care.

The bed was very comfortable.

The surprise charges that I was not expecting, charged extra for parking (self-parking was not offered) and 3 different tax charges. Basically cost me $150 more than I had budgeted. Plus the $50 security deposit for each day is taken out immediately, but takes 3-5 business days to return it to you, thus causing me to be $100 more out of our traveling budget. Did not see any of these details when booking the reservation. It was definitely a lesson learned.

Great location Friendly, knowledgeable staff Clean rooms

WiFi is terrible. Have to continuously log in and choose different network. We had noisy neighbors the entire trip. I finally called front desk & they sent up security. I should have called the first night.

Location & staff are excellent.

The room was inundated with black mold around the window and in the bathroom. You could smell the mustiness even though they had a heavy duty room freshener plugged in. The room was damp and the bedding was also. The granite tiles in the bathroom were permanently stained. This was directly linked to NO FAN in the bathroom. Showering made everything worse. I could even see the black on the outside of the building in the corner where our room was. I have filed a complaint with the city building inspector.

The hotel was right off of Canal Street and in a good location.

The small beds in the double rooms & The $20.00 to pay for parking I think is so very unfair considering the price of the rooms. Also the $50.00 extra hold on my card ruined my spending I had for the out of town trip. It took from my food funds I had set aside.

There was no cable, which was problematic when I like watching the weather channel or news while getting ready. I recommend getting an inside room, the outside noise and construction kept us up a lot.

The location was great. Only a few blocks away from The French Quarter. The rooms were nice.

Was a little noisy but it’s New Orleans and people are coming and going later at night.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Good coffee in room. Would stay here again.

No pool.

Bed was so comfy and soft. Within walking distance of everything. Very clean. We opted to park at the hotel for $20/day which I thought was reasonable. I was with my two teens and we felt safe walking to and from the hotel during the day and at nice. The location was great, close to Canal St. and just 2 blocks from the French Quarter. We loved it.

Frequently encounter details that are problematic like their phone service out of order, my cell phone didn't work in their building, coffee maker actually leaked, the tub converter to shower was stuck closed, the TV didn't work (a cable problem not their fault) --- they do repair problems when you bring to their attention, but meanwhile inconvenient.

I continue to like this hotel and the booking options I find for it on Booking.com. By the way, you can stop sending me emails regarding New Orleans for a while. I'm back! The hotel has a great location for me. Away from the chaos, but just a couple of blocks away when you're in the mood for it. Also employees are generally helpful and courteous and the building itself is interesting.

Unfortunately we had no cable for the duration of our stay. Would of liked to of had a pool or hot tub to relax in. But there wasn't one. There also wasn't free breakfast or happy hour like other hotels.

the room was fine; bed and pillows were comfortable but I found it to be a little inconvenient not to have any dressers to put our clothes in; we had to keep our clothes in the suitcase

the staff at the hotel were amazing especially Mark at the front desk! he helped purchasing tickets for museums; paddle boats; etc; also suggested local restaurants; was never too busy to assist us in anyway possible

Gym didn’t have to muchbin there to workout . We asked for a later check out they said yes until 1:00 would be fine by 12:30 housekeeping was opening the door by 12:40 the front desk was calling the phone.

Everything was nice neat and clean

Horrible staff. Kiana and the night manager Deshone were completely unhelpful and rude. I have never stayed in a hotel with employees that treated guests worse.

Fine

Check in was not good. Arrived 9am and INSISTED we could not check in until 3 even though people were checking out at that time. Breakfast should be included.

The Art Deco building was lovely, but rooms need updating