Reviews of Bay Bridge Inn San Francisco 3 stars

966 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

#112 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

• Standard Queen Room

This didn't impact me but there was a shortage of parking spaces and they were small. I parked my truck and used public transport the whole time.

Nice staff. Good maid service. Comfy bed. Easy access to public transport. Quiet for a city locale.

• Deluxe Double Room

Wasn't cheap but then that's San Fran. Immediate location was a bit downbeat but only a few blocks from main shopping and waterfront areas which were much nicer

Very helpful staff and very convenient and fuctional

• Deluxe Double Room

The only two thing that might be bad: The noise of the freeway that you can hear. It didn't stop us at all from sleeping though. But it's to be considered. And secondly the location is a tiny bit of from the centre (walk 10-15mins)

I don't get some of the bad reviews saying it's a bad area or it is loud, its a big city of course its loud. Why is it a bad area? Because there are lots of beggars? They are all over San Francisco. And if you rly wanna avoid them just follow the 5th street and avoid 6th street and you'll be fine. The area is super friendly and is close to the crowded centre. Don't let prejudice lead you. If you travel on a budget this place is perfect. - The staff was super friendly and helpful. - the room clean and big enough. - shower was clean and actually high enough for me (6'4") to shower in easily. - it is cheap for San Francisco..

• Deluxe Double Room

This spot is the San Fran spot. Get a little taste off the beaten track. Gidgeons bible in the drawer. Stir straws to mix your potion. Clean towels to wash your face. Warm blankets when it gets late.

• Deluxe Double Room

Old towels, noisy street and noisy people. This hotel has no insulation and has maintenance issues like leaky toilet and holes in the wall. I couldn’t leave a do not disturb sign so my room was cleaned every day though I would have preferred it not have been.

Free parking. Good WiFi

• Standard Queen Room

Homeless people doing drugs in doorways nearby. Other guests fighting outside my door. Random people knocking on door in the night. All this at a price that in any other week would get you a luxury room at the Hilton.

Friendly and helpful staff

• Standard Queen Room

It was noisy outside, you can hear the cars all night long, also other people walking upstairs and outside. I would recommend to use good earplugs if you are planning to stay here.

Big comfortable room/bed, the room was very clean, not far from Union square and the staff of the hotel were really nice.

Get there early in the day if you want a free parking spot. You can also park overnight 2 blocks up Harrison, past the gas station—Columbia Square (be sure to read the signs about when street sweeping happens).

Nice and strong coffee was waiting in the lobby!

• Deluxe Double Room

At 8 am on a Saturday morning I was awoken by beeping from what I assume was construction.

The inn was in the perfect location for where we were headed. Room was tidy, nicely tiled bathroom.

• Standard Queen Room

Super noisy from the road right next to the hotel. Couldn't sleep all night. Next day I bought earn plugs, that helped. If you want to have good sleep after exhausting day in SF, definitely don't go for this hotel!! If you prefer to have parking spot for free...this is good choice.

Location was great, just walking distance to downtown. Bathroom new and very nice. Was nice to have a parking spot just in front of the hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

Wifi kept going out, would be nice to have a closet in the room.

A decent budget motel. Clean, comfortable beds, no closet in the room (Alcove with a bar welded between walls). A bloody fortune during Dreamforce, but that's the free market for you. Honestly, I couldn't ask for more given what it really is but hard to get past the Dreamforce price gouge.

• Standard Queen Room

If you have a car, you will probably have a problem with parking space. There is only several of them and they are always occupied. You need to come early to get one. The area is quite noisy.

The Inn is quite nice, comfortable and clean.

• Standard Queen Room

The noise!!! And the parking!! It is bot free when the parkingspaces are full! You have to park 5 min away and pay a minimum of $20!

It was clean, that was everything there is so say.

• Standard Queen Room

There was a break-in to my car in the parking lot of the hotel at the last day of the visit. Incident has happened during mid-day. The administration did not inform us immediately (excuse was that we did not know that car belongs to you!) Unfortunately our passports were stolen also, therefore immediate action was needed, but due to hotel's reckless attitude, we had lost precious time. At the end of the hotel building, there is a back alley, which seems to be dangerous, and there were a couple of homeless people. Walls between rooms were very thin, therefore you can hear the footsteps of the guest above your room which is another inconvenience. The location of the hotel is close to Union Square with a walk of 10-12 minutes, however, not every route is pretty, 5th street seems to be dangerous also. I do NOT recommend this place to anyone.

• Standard Queen Room

Staff got our check-out date wrong and kept deactivating our keys. But very friendly and responsive in fixing things.

Super clean, great location for walking to places in Soma, super affordable for SF

• Standard Queen Room

In the first room I had a massive amount of cockroaches. After complaining I got a new room instantly which was slightly better but still caught at least a cockroach a day. Cleaning of the room was OK, but can't help against cockroaches. Also, the room was quite loud and you could hear everything, from the street as well as from the neighbor rooms.

• Standard Queen Room

BED BUGS! I received 15 total bites and apparently I am allergic.

The property has been remodeled and the room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. There is free parking and it is close to AT&T Park. The staff was incredibly nice and supportive in dealing with our bed bug issue. We also received a prompt call after the issue was discussed with management. Based on everything, we would give them another try, but not without proof that the bed bug issue has been eradicated by a professional.

• Standard Queen Room

It was close to both events that I had to attend in Saturday' and Sunday. Was very pleased with the staff letting me park there after I checked out of the room for a coupe of hours.

• Standard Queen Room

Although we had no problem parking, there may not be sufficient parking spaces if the motel is full.

While the exterior of the property looks mediocre, the room is newly renovated, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom facilities were good, too.

• Standard Queen Room

The air conditioner in our room did not work, and was leaking all over the floor. I was told someone was going to take a look at it. It never happened. When I asked about it, all I was given was "I'm so sorry to hear that, and I'll pass it on to my manager." When the night before the gal working called the manager and came to verify it was not working. Nothing was done, we weren't moved to another room, we weren't given a lower rate, or even a voucher to come back.

This location is within walking distance of AT&T Park.

• Standard Queen Room

There was no parking for our car because the parking lot is small and was full

Clean place ,we made amistake in our reservation and the host was very nice and cancelled the extra nights we booked

• Standard Queen Room

It is not their fault but the location is meh. It is near a huge highway and the salvation army. The number of homeless people is high and to get there the street smells like pee. However the inn is safe. It's not such a great part of san fran...

The staff was super friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean. They had a mini fridge, microwaves, and coffee maker. Two blocks away from Wholefoods

• Standard Queen Room

Note should be placed on the one night stand lamp that is controlled by the light switch (also the overhead light). The lamp has an outlet on it, so my cell phone didn't charge overnight as the switch was turned off.

Walking distance to breakfast, lunch, dinner places, grocery store, AT&T park, Dropbox. Probably Chinatown, too, but it was late at night so we took Uber back. SFO to Bay Bridge Inn was approx $25/4 people via Lyft. Nice clean rooms. Staff was friendly & helpful w/directions & downtown SF map.

• Standard Queen Room

Location was very bad. There was a hold up downstairs during the night and we heard everything. No contact from management of guests were ok or any apology. Wouldn't go back to!!!

Room was only ok. That's all.

• Standard Queen Room

Two of the electrical outlets did not always work. One made the lamp flicker on and off at times.

The room was very nicely decorated and clean. It had all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay and we enjoyed it both nights after a day of sightseeing. 😊

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

I don't understand why the rate I paid last time was over 50 dollars less. And when I asked the person to reserve a room for me, he instructed me to go to Booking.com or experian. I didn't see a place for government employee discount, so I hoped to receive it at the hotel. The desk person told me that I could receive it if I reserved my room the the hotel website. Information that should have been told to me prior to using booking.com. I lost money.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Close to UCSF Mission. Took less than 10 minutes to get to the medical facilities. Getting to other parts of town, via Lyft, was not overpriced either. Staff was very polite and courteous.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

There was not enough parking for all the rooms. Hookers walked brazenly on the street and through the parking lot making noise. Loud music playing constantly from a nearby building could clearly be heard inside the room. The staff was rude and unaccomodating.

The room was small but clean and comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

The door had gaps all around it and you could hear so much which it's self is not a massive problem to here the drone of traffic. However, from 12 until 4am there was a party in a different room. This was so worrying if you knew what the area was like. We checked out after one night and paid double the price somewhere else to be safe! I do not know why the other reviews are good because that is far from the truth. If your a lone traveller particulaly female do not be in this area.

The room was clean that's the only positive

• Standard Queen Room

The room was made-up despite the 'do not disturb' sign being on the door. Many/most of the towels carried a yellow/brown stain. Homeless people crashed out on the back stairs and wandering around playing with the ice machine.

The room was a little oasis close to down town San Francisco. Close to lots of the cities attractions. Good value compared to accommodation prices in the city. Bed was a good size and comfy. Check-in guy was friendly and informative.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was smaller than I imagined from your brochure but it was clean and maid service was exceptional. Bed was comfortable and WiFi was easily accessed and accommodating. Door to street level room was not tightly insulated for noise and 2nd level room noise was noticeable. The location was a healthy walk to my conference centers. However, the overnight side-walk debris with attendant pigeons was a bit challenging. Overall Bay Bridge INN SF was reasonable for the price and well worth 3 stars out of 5

• Standard Queen Room

The location was convenient to the highway but a bit of a hike to most of the popular SF sights.

Nicely updated room that was clean, comfortable. Free parking and WiFi.

• Standard Queen Room

Parking was not great. There were way more cars than parking spaces and it was pretty tight for a large vehicle, kind of an alley way really. There is a pay per day lot across the street, which is where we parked the first night. There were homeless people sleeping in that lot and lots of graffiti which made us nervous about leaving the rental car there but it was just fine. It was lacking in blankets but there was heater and I'm sure if I would have asked, I could have gotten another blanket. The location was not great. There were homeless people and people doing heavy drugs on all sides of the building. I'm not sure it's something you can get away from though even if you're willing to pay big bucks. San Francisco has a lot of work to do. It's one of my favorite cities but next time it will just be a day trip.

The room was really cute and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was right on the busline and comparatively cheaper than most other hotels.

• Standard Queen Room

Bins weren't cleaned daily, we couldn't get a car park on our last day there, as there wasn't room for us, even though they advertised free parking.

Helpful staff, but seemed distracted.. Bed was comfy, there are new bathrooms that are really nice.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

We stayed on the bottom floor so talking/walking/cleaning of the room above us was easily heard. Parking is limited so you have to hunt for a spot or park on the street.

The location was perfect for a concert at the Bill Graham Civic Center. All restaurants and sights were less than a 20 minute drive or walk. The room was updated and had everything we needed including a coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. Plus free wifi and parking (if available). Definitely will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The area looked a little industrial, but we were assured that it was safe. Went out walking to get something to eat at night and found many restaurants and stores and felt safe. There was no elevator to second floor, but the manager was very helpful and carried our luggage up for us.

The Bay Bridge Inn is very unassuming. Simple, but clean and adequate. Bathroom looked recently remodeled and basically brand new and super clean. Room came equipped with small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. Everything was updated and appliances looked new and everything functioned well. Manager was very kind and friendly and helpful. Location was within walking distance to just about everything in this district. We walked to Macy's and all the restaurants and shopping close by and to MOMA. If you are looking for a clean, safe, place to stay for a very affordable rate , this is a good deal.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

I live for two days in this hotel, unfortunately, I lost my iPad in the office. Two hours later, when I came back to ask the manager if he see my iPad, the manger said he had never seen it. So I have no idea to do with it. After my leave, he ask me give him my phone number and make promise to me that he will call me. But 5 days later, I did not receive a call from him. When I call back the hotel office, a new manager told me the old manager left the office and they will not be reponsible for anything happened with that old manager. So it was really a bad experience. In my opinion the hotel was badly organized and the lose of customer’s property in their hotel should be a great shame for the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

A little bit noisy area because of bay bridge highway.

Close to Market street, close to down town, close to Cable Car first stop! Safe area and very nice property inside. All materials inside are renewed and it look like as 4-STAR hotel! Nice & helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

It would be nice to have breakfast. A bit noisy as it was close to the road but I was out a lot.

Bed and room was clean and comfortable.Ricky was nice and professional.It was very nice of him to allow me check out later for when the shuttle came. Nice experience overall

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The inn is located in a dodgy looking area, but I never felt unsafe.

The room was clean and comfortable. The owner was super helpful at all hours and even sent me my receipt by email a few weeks after I returned to Australia. The location of the inn is perfect for getting around many parts of the city, especially as it is close to the freeway.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Parking.

The parking situation was weird. They made us double park since they ran out of spots and they wanted us to leads our keys on the front desk. It just felt so sketchy, especially since the front desk staff was hard to communicate to and it was hard to get comfortable him.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

the beds were a little hard.

the rooms were remodeled and the bathroom was done very nicely. all new sinks, counter tops ,fixtures ,sink ,bathtub and toilet.

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing if you sum it all up.

Fantastic service, the room was amazing and everything was brand new. Great value for money topped off by location and free parking. Unbeatable!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room

It didn't seem to be in the best location. I just ensured I took Uber or a taxi so I didn't walk alone at night or get lost.

The room was clean and comfortable. I liked the proximity to Moscone Center where I was attending a conference. The staff went out of their way to make sure I was well taken care of. Thanks Ricky!

• Standard Queen Room

During check in, the gentleman that helped us was taking calls instead of helping us. Checkin took over 15 minutes

Good location between down town and other neighbourhoods in SF. Clean room and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Not only is this place clean and inexpensive, it is so close to downtown shopping, restaurant and entertainment! Will definitely keep this in my favorites.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room

On a noisy street, and with a nightclub opposite that stays open very late at weekends (closed mid-week though). Trash collections at 1am on a Tuesday morning can be surprising.

Friendly staff; walking distance to Moscone; clean, decent rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The location was good during the day but once dark a lot of homeless people and the guy told us to leave nothing in the car. The highway was close and was a bit loud at night.

It was quite cheap for San Francisco and it had free parking. Walking distance from the city center

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Living proof that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. The Bay Bridge Inn is such a steal - everything in the rooms is newly redone and they were IMPECCABLY clean. To boot, Ricky, the manager is simply amazing. He was such a help and went above and beyond to make us comfortable. We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

That housekeeping ignored the Do not Disturb sign during nap time and knocked anyway. Grrrr.

Location is great for walkers, like myself. Close enough to food, sights, shopping, mass transit, and convenient. Room was newly updated, clean, and nice! Fridge in room is great. Good TV and fast free Wi-Fi.

• Standard Queen Room

The location is very bad, lots of streetbums which doesnt add to the overall experience of the stay, nor the feeling of safety

the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are recenty renovated and spacey. The waterpressure is good, bathroom equipped with everything you need and the room is quiet!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Location and price can't be beat -- and neither can the friendly, helpful staff, who welcome you home like part of their family. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Not enough parking spots.

Was previously staying at another hotel in Oakland and had a bad experience. My funds were tight and needing to be closer to my mom who was in the hospital, decided to look for a hotel in the city. Selected this spot based on good reviews as well as budget and glad I did. The hotel is small and not a lot of parking spaces are available. I'd suggest getting what you need before getting in at a reasonable time and staying put. Another option would be to take a taxi. The rooms aren't super large, but get the job done. It looks like they did some remodeling and it looks good...loved the shower! The manager/owner was very hospitable. He went out of his way to make sure I enjoyed my stay, could get my car parked and even gave me a for staying a second night. I was in town due to a family emergency and my funds were very tight. In him giving me the discount, it actually allowed me to put gas in my car and eat. It's a nice small hotel in the SOMA area. While he said the area was safe, I did feel the area was a little sketchy. If walking somewhere, I'd do it before it gets too dark but I did feel safe.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The price of the first night was 77 USD/ all included, but I had to pay 81 usd. The 2 next days they charged also 11 USD extra but i not got back the money yet. Door / window / wall of the room is placed at the parking place / road. These are very poorly insulated so you hear noises from cars at the parking place, from people passing by, from cars from the road and cars from the highway. In addition Room is very cold because of poorly insulated wall, window and door. Hotel was long away from attractions, så you must walk very much and pay transport.

The bathroom was fairly new.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The street it's at isn't particularly nice-looking, but it was very convenient for me -- close to where I was doing business -- and it felt safe enough.

Very helpful staff; good shower, comfortable bed, includes appliances like microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker. More spacious than I was expecting, and with private bath.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

All accommodation prices in San Francisco are high- this one had a good value for the money. The room was clean, comfortable. The manager helpful. We liked our stay very much

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Ok it's a small place, with limited facilities. Just around the corner are breakfast bars. THE CITY IS ONLY 10 MINS WALK !

What can you say about a receptionist that tells you where not to go, but gives you a map of where to go, explaining every bit of San Francisco along the way. ONE OF A KIND !

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Very centrally located, Parking a big bonus. Room was compact but very nicely decorated and furnished, very modern. Welcome very good, informative about the area and helpful. Check in and out very easy. Very very clean.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Very nice rooms with close location to main sites in San Francisco. Used as a base for a day to see Golden Gate Bridge Fishermans wharf and the Alcatraz trip. Ricky on reception was very helpful giving us tips and advice on places to go see and eat. The area was a little rough but we never ventured out at night so we didn't have any problems, very comfy beds and pretty much brand new bathrooms, overall very happy with our stay

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Clean and neat environment, friendly service, good location, I will definitely come back again next time in San Francisco. Just a perfect hotel room I need for a cozy stay. Good experience!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The exterior was a bit dull. There weren't enough proper parking spots for all guests so parking involved a little bit of moving cars around. The manager took care of this nicely though!

Clean room, comfortable bed, good location close to the highway within walking distance from city centre. Free parking. Very friendly and helpful manager! The room was much nicer than the exterior suggested. Free coffee and fridge, food store close by so we could organize our own breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Okay let s make simple if you want to have bed bugs go over there... It was a nightmare !! We had to change hotel at 3am because we couldn t stay in the bed anymore !!! They gave us another hotel to go not easy to find and in an area full of homeless people in the middle of the night ! (The girl over there was super nice)It s expensive and dirty !!!!!

Parking was free and ricky at the reception is nice

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Neighborhood was kinda shabby.

I was there for Dreamforce and the main benefit is the walking distance to Moscone. There's a great Persian restaurant across the street.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room

I paid closed to $300.00 for this room, only to be offered for $125.00 by Booking.com later. Moreover, the hotel is next to a highway and a main street, which makes it closed too impossible to have a good night and sleep. For the money, I could have stated in a much better hotel.

Office staff was friendly, and the actual room was nice and clean.

• Standard Queen Room

No breakfast Noisy - very thin walls and you could hear your neighbours talking, their tv etc

Location, size of the room, bathroom. Free parking so close to the city.

• Standard Queen Room

The best staff ever! We wanted to check-in earlier as we didn't wanted to travel through the city with our bags inside of our car. Even if we were before check-in time, we have been very welcomed and received a room. However received room was to loud for us, as my husband have a big issue with falling asleep, therefore we asked for another one and without any discussion we have received it. Additionally we received a lot of precious hints about city visiting. This is the service, which every guest would feel very comfortable. Perfect!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room

My wife suffered from bed bugs that bit all over her arms - be aware this place does not meet the basic hygiene requirements.

If you cannot provide the basic cleanliness requirements then nothing else matters.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

All good!

Nice, comfy and clean rooms. Reasonable price. Helpfull stuff. Close to the town. Free WiFi. Stored our luggage when checked in early and checked out late.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Vending machine had no water when we got back from the Giants game. There was a fridge in the room so we could have brought our own if we were more prepared.

Guy in charge was very helpful and welcoming. Our rooms were clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

parking is terrible! had a hard time backing up the alley while leaving the hotel.

the basic needs are there and it's modern remodel effort is comfy with nice room decor!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Room was very well equipped, felt newly renovated, lots of power points for charging all our devices (very important nowadays). Very clean, comfy bed, excellent bathroom. To begin with the location felt a little dodgy but once you chat to the guy on the front desk he gave a great rundown of the area and we explored and were totally comfortable! Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

A bit of noise from the road and first blocks or so on way to center (conveniently close) not too good

Comfortable bed & shower and that's what matters most

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The location of the hotel. The overall experience was great though.

The comfort & clealiness of the room. The manager (I think he was the manager), was so accommodating & super nice!

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The parking situation is very poor. My car was hit by someone pulling out due to small space. In the morning other cars were parked in the fire lane and we could not get out. Desk guy wanted us to move cars he had keys for out of the way. We did not do that. He finally got another person to move the cars so we could leave

Room was clean. Front desk personnel was very nice. It was walking distance from AT&T park which was why I chose the hotel. Neighborhood was not the greatest and I would not chose it again

• Deluxe Double Room

location and environment, apparently not a nice neighborhood