Reviews of Bay Bridge Inn Oakland 2 stars

683 West MacArthur Boulevard, Oakland, CA 94609, USA

#29 of 46 hotels in Oakland

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Venue close to the BART station - easy transit to San...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Neighbourhood looks a bit dangerous, the walk to Metro/BART transit goes via a what looks like a deprived area.

Venue close to the BART station - easy transit to San Francisco. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Nice Budget Motel
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing really close as far as eateries.

I stayed here one night and it was based on the proximity of the MacArthur transit station. I took the BART train from the San Francisco Airport. I was taking the Amtrak out the next morning and wanted an affordable place to just relax and lay my head before my train trip. The motel is not close to the Amtrak Station but those hotels by that station were just too much to pay for just one night. There is nothing by the Bay Bridge Inn except a gas station about half block away and a liquor store two blocks away. I ubered to a restaurant to grab a bite to eat, I could have walked since it was maybe 1.5 miles away but I just was not familiar enough with the area. The motel is about 2 blocks from the MacArthur Station. It is a motel and has no frills about itself. The area was clean and I felt safe. The room was basic with a queen size bed, flat screen tv with satellite cable, a microwave and fridge which were just out not in any type of enclosure. The bathroom looked like it had been updated with a glass enclosed shower. All in all not a bad place to stay if you just on a budget and don’t want to spend the higher prices for hotels with more amenities.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Totally adequate
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The shower made a really loud noise, like a machine/motor working really hard (got used to it though, like very loud white noise). Not an area I felt safe walking around after dark. Really nitpicky, but I was on the ground floor, and I hated that the sun reflecting off the hoods of the cars parked in front of my room was so blinding I could never leave the curtains open.

I stayed for six days while waiting to move into an apartment. The room wasn’t anything fancy, but it did the job. Having the fridge and microwave was really convenient. The bathroom was also surprisingly large and nice. Being a five-minute walk from MacArthur BART made commuting downtown for work really easy.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

I would go there again. I found it splendid for a single traveler.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

A few more hangers. Shower heated very slowly.

The room was cleaner than I expected, though the furniture shows its age. The bed was comfortable and it more than met my needs for a bed, shower, and quiet. I would have liked a coffee pot, but not a terrible loss. The manager was very helpful as I checked in, just to see the place. He was really helpful and made me feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very bad wi-fi

There was no hairdrier. Something that was very annoying was that the ”free wi-fi” was very bad. Very often it worked very slowly or it didn’t work at all. When we complained about this the staff said that maybe there are many persons on line at the same time (?!?!). He recharged the router and then it worked well for about ten minutes, than it failed again. So we think that the router don’t have the capacity to work well if many guests are on line at the same time, which is really bad. We travel a lot and we must say that the wi-fi at this place was the worst one ever! We always search for places where they offer free wi-fi and we also read reviews to try to find out if there are some complaints about the wi-fi. If you are planning to visit this area in Oakland you gonna know that this is a city with a social problems, criminality and you will find many dossers on the street. There are also a lot of littering in this area of the city. You can hear the policesirens very often. Don’t go out alone in the dark night.

Bay Bridge Inn is situated about 700 meters from the BAT station from where you can reach San Francisco in about 20 minutes. There was nothing to complain about the room. The bathroom with shower was very fresh and clean. Good parking spaces.

The shower was warm and the bathroom was relatively new and...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

It is not worth the price. The room and bed were ok, but the general things you expect in 2018 were not there. The wifi was horrible and absolutely unusable. We had to go to a Starbucks to actually be able to check our mail. Do not expect to be able to use the wifi here. When asked about the issue, the person behind the counter said that he would let management email me, but it's been over a week, and I heard nothing (as expected).

The shower was warm and the bathroom was relatively new and clean.

Generally a good option

I didn’t expect much but it has the minimum facilities.

This inn is located in a reasonable distance with SF, so if you have car you can easily travel to SF without paying so much for expensive hotels in SF. It also has a private bathroom which is a point, I liked the microwave in room which helped us so much because we were traveling with kids and needed to warm food sometimes. Free parking and wifi was very good. I think comparing to SF prices, this place worths to stay. Shampoo and towels were fine.

The worst stay ever.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a non smoking room and got a smoking room. The maneger was rude and he cussed me and said get the fuck out and called a lier after I showed him cigarit ash. It was a stinky room. I want my money back!!!!

Stayed for 21 days all & all was very gd stay.

Rooms where smaller than other hotels at same price. They reduced water pressure in shower so low hard to take shower. WiFi was unpredictable good at times very slow 25% of time.

Next day after check in I had a colonoscopy scheduled. They drove me there & picked me up & wouldn’t accept any $$$ even for gas. Excellent customer service very friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Budget location for San Francisco

Possibly not suitable if traveling with family as only one bed available.

Good location for using car or metro to San Francisco. Clean and tidy on a budget. The streets look rather run down but as a family (incl. 10 yr old) we felt safe enough. Laundrette and large supermarket just around the corner.

San Francisco was worth visiting, and hotel was a bit above expectations.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Neighborhood may seem unfriendly but we did not have any problema. We visited place with two teenage girls.

Staff is helpful and friendly. There are nice places to eat around for good price compared to San Francisco. Connection to San Francisco is great with BART.

Horrible and dangerous
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible location shots fired all night bathroom had a small roll of toilet paper and I was scared to go to the office and ask for more with how dangerous it sounded. I would never recommend this place to anyone I had my small children with me. I paid over $100 and it was disgusting bathroom was not clean I would never ever recommend this place

just a place to sleep for a night. can be hit or miss... you get what you pay for.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

no breakfast but there's a microwave. Bedsheets were washed but had some old stains on them, small bed. I guess you get what you pay for.

it's close to a train station, the bathroom was clean and better than we expected. great shower, TV worked well.

Ok for one night
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Internet was poor; fridge had no freezer, no hand towels; no hairdryer or tissues; only 1 chair; had to plug in everything, even the AC. There was a step up to the room, which was dangerous - we kept tripping over it.

Small room included microwave and fridge although not given in the listing, small table and a chair; small bed was ok.

Budget motel - good value for the area
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Cheap for the area and ample for what we needed on a budget. Microwave and fridge in the room, good shower. Owners were always keeping the forecourt nice and tidy. Supermarket about 5-10 minute walk away and BART station no more than five minutes as well as plenty of bus routes.

Very nice and clean place to stay
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Nice and safe place to stay. People at the reception were nice and welcoming. Room and bathroom were clean. Very good place with own bathroom for good price in (almost) San Francisco.

Perfect to be comfortable near SF for a cheap price
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

We called the hotel several times a couple of hours before our arrival (to make sure we could check in at 1 a.m., actually) and no one answered even when they offer 24-hour reception.

Perfect place to be near San Francisco (just a few minutes away from the BART station) without spending a lot of money or staying in an awful hostel (totally worth it!). Plus they gave us touristic information (maps included). Parking was good and stuff was nice. Also, we could check in at 1 a.m. without problems.

If you don't have sleeping problems & you need a cheaper alternative to staying in SF, it's not bad.

Walking back from the BART station at night felt unsafe. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable hotel beds I've slept in. It was very worn out and you could feel all the springs in it.

The hotel was within walking distance to the BART station. The bathroom was basic, but recently updated.

Simple, affordable, and close to the BART if going to SF- without paying twice as much to stay there

Check your refrigerator before you use it, I didn't realize that they keep them unplugged (I guess to save on the electricity bill?) so all my drinks were not cold when I came back to the hotel after a day of sight-seeing. Other than that, the worst thing about the room was the shower. It had no water pressure at all so it took forever to get washed up.

Definitely a place to stay for value. It was super affordable, the staff was very nice, and the bathroom looked like it had just been upgraded. Half of the buildings had just been re-painted so you can tell that the owners are keeping up with fixes and whatnot. Also, this property is about a five minute walk to the BART station which is great because we used it to go to San Francisco everyday we were here.

Great cheap motel for exploring the bay area

If I could ask for one more thing in the room, it'd be for some basic coffee/tea facilities. In a cheap motel, though, I wasn't surprised not to have this. The location is convenient for the BART into San Francisco (just a short walk), but the area is somewhat run-down. I don't think it's as bad/dodgy as I've seen other reviews suggest - there is a difference between run-down and dangerous, and I didn't feel in any danger walking between the motel and the BART station. There are some signs of regeneration/gentrification nearby - a couple of nice looking bar-restaurants. There were some cars parked in the area with smashed windows - I wouldn't leave any belongings on-show in a car, but I don't think the motel car-park would have any trouble as it was well-lit all night.

Affordable. Simple facilities but basically everything we needed for a short stay. Great service from the staff.

OK for the money if you just can't stay in San Francisco. Better options on the same street, though.

Toiletries, towels (I know I shouldn't expect much from a motel but what they offer is of the cheapest possible kind)

Just OK for the money. I stayed at the Imperial Inn the night after for about the same fare and it ended up being a much better option.

Bed was comfortable.

Maybe housekeeping should be at a later time. Usually when people are on holiday it is always good to have a nice sleep in. Upstairs could be quite noisy if you stay at the bottom unit. Wouldn’t say the safest neighbourhood but we don’t go out at night and wander anyways.

Bed was comfortable. Location was good. Wasn’t too far for us to cross over to San Francisco.

The Location was good
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

It was Crowded around my room in the morning Staff were living with their family next to my room/noise Not professional staff

The Location was good Parking lot was OK

Room quite big and very spacious.
    • King Room - Smoking

Bathroom window had a view to some back alley. Felt sketchy like someone might break in at any time.

Room quite big and very spacious. Bathroom has its own spot in the room, which makes it like an extra room in there. Working appliances, tv, cable, wifi and clean hotel.

Close enough to BART for a quick night sleep

No one was at the office when I checked in, let me waited for 10+ minutes wifi is pretty horrible, I have to use my data

Close enough to BART for a quick night sleep

It was normal.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

We were bitten by the bedbugs, but we were trying to find them even under mattress, but could not find any. We had itchy bites all over our bodies.

It was normal. Really good was that there were the fridge and microwave.

It was a fine place for my purpose, didn’t like the area much. The room is clean
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The office was very small and creepy, the area was my biggest concern

For the money it was a fine place to stay, area not too good, overall it was fine and close to the hospital I need to be at

Budget, no-frills hotel with easy access to San Francisco
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Staff is not friendly. Not rude, but not friendly either. No breakfast, pratically no ammenities. But I was aware of this, so ir came at no surprise. Given the price, was a good deal, specially considering the hefty lodging prices of other side of the bridge.

The hotel is a simple, no-frills lodging facility. No breakfast, only bedrooms and parking. Comfortable room and bed, good bathroom and shower. Recommended for budget-oriented people with cleaning and comfort standards. Close to MacArthur Station (1,500 ft walk), easy access to San Francisco for only $7.30 roundtrip in about 20 minutes.

It's a motel and it's inexpensive if you're on a budget.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I'm not expecting the Ritz Carlton, but it would have been be nice if the management had actually cleaned it (bathroom, fridge, microwave, shower, etc) & fixed the obvious issues in need of repair (examples: holes in the drywall, leak/peeling paint above the shower, towel rack in bathroom pulled halfway off the wall, etc). I was disappointed that the management did not offer to clean the room or move me to a new room when I went to the office to let them know about all the issues with the one I was in. I eventually asked for a refund, but they would not return my money.

It's a motel and it's inexpensive if you're on a budget.

Horrible. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Infested with bedbugs. Rude staff. Dirty. Stayed for a week and they didn’t do the bed on several days. Neighborhood is scary. Cops were at the place several times.

Find somewhere else with nicer people at the desk, not worth spending your hard earned money here...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower was like a mister and took forever for hot water to get hot. Parking was terrible and even though I had my buddy on the reservation the hotel would not allow him to park in the parking lot, so he parked in the street. very frustrating especially when the parking lot wasn't full... WILL not be staying here again. Lesson Learned. Very poor attitude from the two Men who were at the desk, the lady we woke up was okay, but we didn't talk, I just dropped off the key.

Hotel was okay, room was pretty clean, location was decent for price...

The parking is right infront if you dont wanna walk the...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Although the bathroom was very clean. The corners of the bedroom could use more attention.very dusty corners

The parking is right infront if you dont wanna walk the neighborhood, and the rooms are very basic all that you realy need.

This location worked very well, for long term family medical stay

No coffee maker in the room

This is the way to go, when prices get to expensive in San Francisco. The nieborhood looks bad, but I never had any problems. Bart is two blocks away. So easy access to the city.

Nice staff.
    • King Room - Smoking

Mattress and chair had old stains. Fridge had ammonia smell. Was probably cleaned with harsh chemicals and not aired out. Otherwise relatively clean.

Nice staff. Had working A.C. Nice bathroom. Location close to work training in downtown oakland. BART nearby.

It was very clean.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't like the customer service. Started out the wrong foot and didnt get any better. Was a 3 day stay only stayed one. Didnt like the service being given.

It was very clean.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Warriors inn
    • King Room - Smoking

The blanket had smoking holes in it. I understand that i was in a smoking room (not by choice) but they could atleast change it.

Staff was pleasent and accomidated our needs.

4.0
    Trying to make a reservation through booking.

Trying to make a reservation through booking.com what's impossible they make me wait two and a half hours I end up paying extra money for the room

Good value for the money
    • King Room - Smoking

Free coffee and bagels never hurt

I t was convenient to the freeway. Plenty of towels. Shower was hot. Bed was very comfortable. Fairly quiet. There was fridge and microwave

Great budget accommodations.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Pleasantly surprised for basic accommodations in the city. Expect hand-towel sized bath towels and bring your own soap. The place was clean and has a mini-fridge and microwave. Great TV & Wi-fi service. For the price it is a 10 compared to some of the other shanty-shacks that pass for hotels in the bay area.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The bathroom and room size.
    • King Room - Smoking

It felt like he was not trying to rent to me by saying my card wasnt working. He then assigned me a full size bed when my reservation clearly said King which I ultimately got.

The bathroom and room size.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Okay Motel, HORRIBLE LOCATION!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

BAD NEIGHBORHOOD! At about 2am 3 gun shots were fired extremely close. That was followed by police sirens & a helicopter!!!! About 2hrs later after finally getting my scared 1yr old & 3yr old back to bed my night was pretty much ruined. Let just say the next day I was extremely tired & irritated. WONT STAY IN THAT TOWN AGAIN!

Both the room & the bathroom was clean that was good!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The worst experience ever!

They were rude and disrespectful i would never recommend this to anyone it is the most unprofessional and disgusting excise for a hotel.

Nothing it was terrible!

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

the price, but "you get what you pay for";
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

clean bedding, had to remove a pillow case and take it to the front office for another as it looked like there was blood on it, no extra toilet paper in the room, and the hotel was in a pretty scary part of town...didn't really feel safe.

the price, but "you get what you pay for"; the BART (Bay Area Metro Rapid Transit) station was within an easy walk.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

We asked for a late checkout, which we initially received...

We asked for a late checkout, which we initially received only to get a call back 5 minutes later from the maid saying we had to be out at exactly check out time. She even came to our room as we were leaving to make sure we were leaving on time. Lol. Calm down.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Dozens of Flies the size of bees!! And the customer accused of bringing them in!!
    • King Room - Smoking

This was the worst motel experience I've ever had. I was booked for 2 nights but on the first night dozens of flies came in through the bathroom window and into the room. These were not little houseflies but the size of bees and there were dozens. I shut the bathroom door and told the manager the next day. He sprayed the bathroom with some caustic poison and told me not to touch the surface, and vacuumed up all the dead flies. They continued to come in through the window throughout the day leaving the bathroom covered with dead flies and completely unusable. I left in the middle of the second night and requested a refund. The manager began swearing at me and told me that no one else had issues and that I had actually brought the flies in, presumably in my suitcase? The housekeeper had not been surprised at all when I initially mentioned the presence of these dozens of bee-sized flies. The manager, and owner who backed him, were some of the worse human beings I've encountered; swearing at me for complaining and actually accusing me of creating the situation. I was flabbergasted and couldn't believe what I was hearing. This was the absolute worst experience with service and hospitality I've ever experienced in my 45 years. Definitely shell out $10 more for something decent rather than staying at this overpriced flea motel.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Very average
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelt. Bathroom was dirty - hair (somebody else's) in the shower and sink. Something sticky on the bathroom floor.

Comfortable bed. Lots of tv channels

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Nice restroom and shower.

Room should be ventilated prior to guest visit

Nice restroom and shower.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Awesome staff

Awesome staff

Spacious rooms
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Water flow in the shower was very weak

Spacious rooms

Quiet and dark at night, 20 seconds from San Francisco.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Quiet and dark at night, 20 seconds from San Francisco.

Good value for the money

Good location for public transportation to San Francisco and SFO airport

Clean, free parking, good location

Clean, free parking, good location

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I needed a clean place in the Oakland area to stay for the night, this worked.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The location of the property was a concern.

New bathroom fixtures that were clean. wi-fi available. Flooring and wall covering were new.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

I love this hotel, I feel welcome every time I come !
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I love this hotel, I feel welcome every time I come !!!

Value for the money

Continental breakfast not included

Value for the money

Nice hotel, near the station.

Terrible unsafe location.

Nice hotel, near the station.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Basic, but clean and good location for public transportation.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No hair dryer, no coffee.

Acceptable for one night
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

It's old and smells bad. Doesn't look very clean

Close to Bart and the relatively low price

Good and quite cheap for SF
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

It's in a little bit scary neighborhood.

It has free parking, clean rooms, clean towels, A/C, good wi-fi and BART station near.

Great accommodations

Clean , great location.

Great accommodations

Near Bart

Very simple.

Near Bart

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The room was pleasantly clean and smelled clean

The room was pleasantly clean and smelled clean The bathroom was very nice with seemingly new ammenites Pleasantly surprised

Not too shabby

No breakfast.

Booking ahead and payment was fast. Area is quiet, not too noisy.

Very well cared for place, comfy bed, good A.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Neighborhood is bit desolate, no restaurants nearby

Very well cared for place, comfy bed, good A.C

Nice clean motel, friendly staff , very helpful !

Nice clean motel, friendly staff , very helpful ! Barth train station nearby

One nighter excellent and BART around corner
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No coffee in room but microwave and fridge

Good

Room and hotel was very clean.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was behind a freeway, not very convenient location. Didn't really feel safe.

Room and hotel was very clean.

Overall my short stay was very pleasant.

Staff was very friendly. The room was clean and bed was comfortable!

Easy location

Easy location

Everthing

Everthing

Good location, good price.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing honestly, it was all good.

Good location, good price. It was a great stay while visiting San Francisco and surroundings.

Shit
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Crap service poor customer relations

Lady refused my booking for no reason