Reviews of Bay Landing Hotel 3 stars

1550 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA

#1 of 11 hotels in Burlingame

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Perfect for late night arrival at the airport. Would recommend to others needing an airport hotel.

We were quite surprised that such a nice hotel would provide plastic picnic cutlery for the breakfast. It detracted from our overall very positive impression.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Easy overnight stay from SFO airport to catch an early am...

Easy overnight stay from SFO airport to catch an early am international flight. Smooth shuttle service to and from airport. Room was good size, clean, basic. Able to walk the bayside path for an evening stroll to a restaurant felt like the vacation had already started. Will stay here again for connecting flights.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

just normal

there is a less smile and no staff says hello in the morning , just like you rent a room in few days , not like rest hotels I have stayed in this travelling , I expect more hello more smile face , more friendly feeling .

just normal

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Comfortable room near airport and view of bay. Breakfast was stressful if you were in a hurry

Breakfast room was too small for number of guests and had to wait for a table. No milk for coffee in room sorry to nick pick

Good view from room and close to airport

Confortable, inexpensive, clean, friendly and convenient for the airport and city.
    • King Room with View

Having to leave - it was our last night in the USA.

Great shuttle bus service to the airport and close to several restaurants. The front desk looked after our bags for us too so that we could could have a day in the city before our night flight.

A great airport hotel choice at SFO!

Lovely room with comfortable beds. Clean and tidy with very welcoming and helpful staff The breakfast buffet was one of the best I’ve seen and much better than any of the chain hotels. They had boiled eggs and omelettes, pastries, waffles and toast , a cereal bar, oatmeal and on and on including lots of fresh fruit. The coffee was excellent compared with the usual breakfast watery tasteless beverage most places serve. I would definitely choose it again. Very good value!

The room and bathroom was big and comfortable.

The style of the Bay Landing Hotel is quite retro. Breakfast on plastic cutlery and plates is more then outdated in global warming times...

The room and bathroom was big and comfortable. For one night to wait for your flight perfectly ok.

Great for a short airport stay.

The room is a little old fashioned, and the food at breakfast could've been better.

Great location for SFO airport - about 5 minute drive away. The room was comfortable and perfectly adequate for a night's stay. It actually also had a really nice view of the Bay. Breakfast was included in the room which is convenient.

The beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was great.

The deposit for the room was 100$ a night. I travel ALOT and have stayed in many different places, 1 star to 5 star and have NEVER had a 100$ a night deposit. The water pressure wasn't great on the 3rd floor.

The beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was great. Nice view of the bay in back of the property as well.

A quiet comfortable airport stay in an old world hotel.

The shuttle picked us up and dropped us back early to the airport. We had a lovely, comfortable, and spacious room with a fabulous view of planes taking off and landing over the bay. There is a walkway along the bay to Asian restaurants and the Elephant bar. The hotel is old style, carpets and wood, and very quiet. Highly recommend for an overnight airport stay.

Bad Information, rude staff

Staff was not so nice and gave me wrong information about airport shuttle so that I had to use Lyft. The manager was argumentative when I told him about the misinformation. Also, I was seduced by the name ‘Bay Landing’ and paid more thinking it would be charming. I’m sure some rooms look out on the Bay. But I looked out on the parking lot.

The room was fine. The free breakfast was generous.

Location only.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They gave us a different sum for checkout than my booking was for, I objected, they then checked more and agreed with me. We won't stay there again.

Location only.

Nice and large room;

Nice and large room; although the hotel is close to the airport, it is very quiet (no airport noise at all). Breakfast quite ok for American standards. Excellent price/quality for the SF Bay area.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Although the hotel is supposedly only 10min drive to the...

Although the hotel is supposedly only 10min drive to the airport, guests had to wait for 1hour for the shuttle bus to arrive, apparently because there was a problem with the lights. Waiting for 1hour for the shuttle for a hotel that promotes its closeness to the airport is contradictory, made worse because it was already late at night. There should be back-up vehicles for instances like this. Staff miscommunication about pre-payment was also poor.

Good value,clean hotel. Good for airport stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is away from main strip with shops, restaurants etc in this area.

Airport hotel with regular free shuttle bus. Friendly, helpful staff in very clean hotel.

Employees were friendly and I believe they were able to give...

Air conditioner blows directly on the bed making it difficult to cool the room and remain comfortable.

Employees were friendly and I believe they were able to give me a room on the first floor after I called and told them I was disabled. Room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A magical location overlooking the Bay trail! A true delight! I'll be back!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was delighted with my experience at Bay Landing! It's a beautiful facility - and I loved the special touches - coffee and infused water all day long, fresh cookies in the afternoon, and great service 24/7!

Comfortable rooms, nearby San Francisco airport

The breakfast area is too small and not really efficient. Could be improved.

Big, clean, comfortable rooms. They only have rooms with 1 kingsize bed but when requested they put in a smaller bed for kids for a reasonable fee of 10 dollar per night.

I didn't feel the hotel cost was worth it.

This was a very expensive hotel that implied more luxury than really exists. Being on the water just meant there was a retaining wall between the hotel and the rocky shore. You could hear the airplanes all night. A couple of spots of torn wall paper in the room.

The room was very roomy. The bed was comfortable and the shower was beautiful. It was close to the airport which was good for convenience and for watching planes take off and depart.

Excellent breakfast!

Excellent breakfast! The best we had on our whole week-long California trip, a wide choice, fresh prepared and very tasty. Also, enough room for the guests.

Would stay again.

Some of the staff could be more welcoming....a smile goes a long way.

Value for money. Even though is was out of the main downtown it was easily accessible by Uber.

WAS VERY PLEASANT AND NOT TOO FAR FROM MY IN-LAWS, ESPECIALLY MY GRANDDAUGHTER.

WE HAVE BEEN STAYING AT THIS HOTEL OVER THE PAST FIVE YEARS BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO TRANSPORTATION TO SAN FRANCISCO AND OTHER PLACES ON THE PENINSULA. MOST OF ALL, IT HAS AN EXCELLENT WALKING PATH ALONG THE S.F. BAY AND BEAUTIFUL VIEWS FROM MOST OF THE ROOMS. THE FREE BREAKFAST IS EXCELLENT.

The view and the breakfast included in the rate

Very noisy, unfortunately people are leaving in the middle of the night to catch their flights and not respecting other people sleeping... including the cleaning staff! Very noisy

The view and the breakfast included in the rate

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location was good.
    • King Room with View

Breakfast area space is not big enough for busy morning. When busy time, lots of people have to eat at out of area.

Location was good. Free guest car parking was good. Very close to gas station. Great view to bay and plane landing. Breakfast was very typical American hotel type. Bathroom was perfect size.

This mistake was terrible also for the persons who were in bed

They made a mistake and put us in a room in which some people were in bed. They apologized but in mt opinion it is not enough. This is a terrible bad mistake.

Good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast time was very chaotic with too many people at the same time and not enough space to sit at the table. There was also too many plastic plates and cutlery rather than proper plates, cups etc. In today’s world we should avoid using them as it’s bad for the environment.

Very comfortable and specious rooms with beautiful sea views.

Charming hotel with old world flair.

There is no restaurant in the hotel. A very good breakfast is served in the morning.

The location is just next to the bay with a great view. We will certainly return to this charming hotel. No airport noise.

Very very stressful and unsafe due to theft of purse in the breakfast room

unwilling and unhelpful personnel in case of emergency, as if they were an accomplice in the theft of my purse and wanted to cover it up.

clean room and good breakfast BUT BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS. I just arrived from Europe with jet lag and my purse was stolen with passports, car and home keys and i-phones. lobby personnel and kitchen personnel was not helpful at all. I need court subpoena to see video tapes. manager polite but distant and indifferent to my situation. Especially the asian looking guy at the lobby with beard and glasses was unwilling to do just anything. the owner was nowhere to be seen

New Favorite Hotel in the Bay Area

I loved everything about the Bay Landing Hotel. Everything was perfect - friendly and quick check-in, a clean comfortable room with a nice view of the bay, lots of available parking, delicious breakfast options and a lovely bayside walking trail made this hotel my new favorite for staying in the Bay Area!

Good and Bad

There was some kind of problem between the two people behind the counter when I tried to check in. I was unable to check in early (which I had requested) after getting off a trans-Pacific flight. I really could not tell if I couldn't check in early because of the problem between the two people (neither wanted to contact housekeeping and didn't!) or maybe my jet lag and intense need for sleep had my patience wearing very thin.

The location of this hotel is very, very close to the airport. 6 minutes by taxi.

Highly recommend

Breakfast room was so crowded had to eat in lobby but breakfast was great and staff was impressive at keeping up

Very relaxing facility and surroundings

A good stay but mediocre reception service.
    • King Room with View

Some of the staff a little indifferent, in particular the attitude of a couple of people on the reception desk, one young man in particular did not seem to want to be there, in terms of his noticeably rude attitude towards customers. This detracted from an otherwise good experience and is therefore noteworthy.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfasts good for most of the days we stayed.

I and my family checked in about 7:30 pm on...

I and my family checked in about 7:30 pm on 2018/06/23,a black female counter staff rudely grabbed my cell-phone and dropped off the cell phone on the table;only because I did not know how to fill the form of my rental car.She was very impolite and crude to her visitors. PS: My cell phone has the data of my rental car,s data.

I would stay here again.

It was a nice hotel with a great free breakfast. The location to the airport was optimal and the walking path provided a great viewing area to watch the planes. Also, free parking.

Close to airport with good shuttle service

Evening receptionist was a bit curt. Beds not particularly comfortable. No restaurant but within easy walk of a bar with food.

Close to airport with good shuttle service

A disappointment and not worth the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

As soon as we entered our bathroom, we were bombarded by a foul mold smell. The ceiling was covered in mold spots, which put a serious damper on our ability to enjoy our stay. If we had not been so jet lagged, we would have requested another room or left the hotel altogether. When we explained this situation to the the front desk, we don't feel like it was taken seriously. For the price we paid, we expected more from this hotel.

Bed was comfortable and breakfast bountiful.

Great value, nice room, great location. Would definitely stay here again.

The only negative to say is that we found the reception staff to be polite, but not overly friendly, but they did their job perfectly well.

Location was great, right near restaurants and airport as well as walking trail right on the bay. Room was clean, bed was comfy and aircon/heating unit was quiet. Free parking was a bonus and breakfast was very good. Great value for the area.

Good stay bad receptionist.

The receptionist named rose didn't allow us to leave our luggages. We were travelling to monterey for a few days and will be coming back to the same hotel. We proceeded to talk too somebody else and was immediately allowed. Was really upset with that receptionist.

The place is actually pretty and well located.

Very comfortable reasonable price - and close to airport

Would have liked more than 1 coffee/tea per person in room

Comfortable and quiet great breakfast great location overlooking Bay free shuttle to/from SFO airport

Clean and comfy stay. Wonderful breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had requested a double bed room and wasn't given one. Also the guy who check us in was a bit off putting and not very welcoming.

The room was very nice. The bed was super comfy. There was a coffee machine, hair dryer, mini fridge in the room. The TV has lots of channels. We enjoyed our time here very much.

The hotel was perfect for a rest between flight and onward journey

WE wanted a hotel near the airport to recover after a long flight from Australia and before travelling to Yosemite. The hotel fit the bill perfectly. WE could go for little walks in the area. There were some restaurants in the area and the hotel was very comfortable with helpful staff.

Enjoyable

On both visits we were disappointed by Mario on reception we received no warm welcome , in fact no welcome at all, there was just no expression to his face. He is obviously in the wrong job as not a people person.

Easy parking for airport, nice view over the bay for plane spotting.On

Staff at check in and check out were great!

Staff at check in and check out were great! The rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. Hotel has a shuttle service from and to the Airport which was very convenient. The included breakfast in the morning was outstanding. Great hotel for a layover in San Francisco.

Highly recommended

No pool or jacuzzi

Rose at the front desk went out of her way to help me with several different questions. The breakfast selection was good. It's a comfortable hotel that I would highly recommend

Met or exceeded my expectations. Would stay here again.

Not one complaint.

Beds were very comfortable and the room was very spacious. It doesn't have the cookie cutter "IKEA" style modern furniture and bright colors. It has a more "old school" style with rich wood accents and headboards. Free parking on premises and nice patio that looks out over the bay and airplanes landing at SFO.

Enjoyable

On arrival we were checked in by Mario. Mario has a complete lack of customer relation skills, he had no friendly interaction with us it was just a straight sign here and here is your room number.

Convenient for the airport and views over the bay.

Large room, nice large bed.

Staff with checking in was not friendly. I thought it was expensive.

Large room, nice large bed. Great breakfast, you can make your own waffles:). We needed a place to sleep after our flight. It is pretty close to the airport

Amazing Staff Beautiful location

The staff are very friendly and approachable and the hotel is very clean and well maintained. There are lots of parking spaces and the rooms are large and spacious. There is a good selection of food at breakfast for a quick bite. I loved the views at this hotel with the aeroplanes taking off and landing. Can’t fault this hotel would definitely recommend. Staff go out of there way to help you. Thanks to Rose and Rosa for making this a memorable stay.

Great place to stay near the SFO airport.

My only complaint was that when I tried to call the hotel for the airport shuttle no one answered the phone at the hotel for 30 minutes. I tried the courtesy phone at the airport and the hotels listed phone number with no response. Heads up to all who stay here, the shuttle runs every 35 minutes. Would have been great to have known that, might be a good idea for the hotel to put that information on their recording.

Excellent hotel, great breakfast and very comfortable beds.

Great place for an overnight stay before an early morning flight.

We've never stayed here before but were quite impressed with the hotel. The staff was super friendly, the breakfast was outstanding, the bed was quite comfortable, and the shuttle was very efficient and right on time. We will definitely stay again when we have an early morning flight out of SFO.

An excellent place to sleep between planes

An excellent place to stay between planes. Very close to the airport (SFO), easy to get there with the courtesy shuttle wich was in time, every time. Nice beds, good breakfast.

Bed was nice

A bit old and dated building ,good enough location and had the airport shuffle. Was not cheap so expected a bit more . Breakfast was so busy and disappointing food and choices.

Bed was nice

A little disappointing because of the food situation.

It was difficult to get a meal without a car to transport us to a cafe and the restaurant two properties away was very busy. We waited over an hour for a table. In the morning breakfast was not ready at the stated 6am. We had to leave without breakfast to get to the airport on time.

The shuttle to the airport was very efficient

Long wait for shuttle to hotel - turns out it goes to two...

Long wait for shuttle to hotel - turns out it goes to two other hotels in Burlingame enroute to Bay Landing. Long wait and long drive. Front desk staff person not very friendly both when called about shuttle and when checked in.

Less than good this time. See above.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Condition of the bathroom. The handle on the toilet was half coming off. The tank made a hissing sound. Called the front desk to see if we could change room. Was advised that he will send someone up to fix the problem. Never happened. We have been staying at this hotel since it opened, 10+ years ago when we are in the area. This is the first time we've encountered a problem which actually started at check-in. The clerk's handwriting was not legible. Took awhile to figure out the room number.

We would recommend this place: great location for SFO, nice staff, comfortable, and on SFO shuttle.

Decor a little tired. Nothing else really.

Great location with amazing views of planes coming into SFO. So, obviously, v close to SFO. Charming helpful staff. Generous breakfast with waffle maker! Very comfy bed and generally quiet at night. Excellent 'Elephant bar' next door: check out the cocktails and bar food! We would def stay here again !

Pretty nice hotel, very quiet.

Just minor things. Toilet seat was almost coming off. For this day and age, could use a USB port on the desk.

Breakfast was fantastic! Fresh waffles and omelets. Bacon and sausage too.

The hotel was very clean, really nice full breakfast every...

When we checked in the front desk receptionist gave us a room that faced the street. It was around 1pm on a Thursday. I was not happy with the view especially when the hotel did not appear to be sold out. I went back to the same receptionist and asked for a bay front view, especially with the rate we we’re paying for the room. She told me they wouldn’t have anything but a bay VIEW and not until much later in the day after 4:30pm. I wasn’t happy about that but anything was better than looking at concrete bldgs with the SF bay on the other side of the hotel. About 45 mins later I went back to the front desk to inquire about the shuttle times and decided to ask another front desk attendant (a guy) if he could check to see if they had any bay FRONT rooms. A minute later the he gave me keys to a really nice BAY FRONT room on the exact same floor as the room with concrete view!!! I was thrilled and very pleased with the new bay front room but pissed off that the female receptionist gave me the room with the worst view and the told me I had to wait another 3+ hrs for a bay side view room facing a parking lot. And at $170/ night I thought was an insult to give anyone less the best if it’s available. What she didn’t know is that I’m a publicist and use my blog strategically to praise good customer experiences and BAD experiences as well.

The hotel was very clean, really nice full breakfast every morning, view of the bay is PERFECT!!! The access to the airport and shuttle couldn’t be more convenient. Free parking was an added bonus when we decided to rent a car. I would definitely stay there again!!

Perfect location 10 minutes from SFO without having to get...

Perfect location 10 minutes from SFO without having to get on the freeway! Nice walkway along the bay just outside hotel. Will stay here again for early morning flights.

It was very pleasant and relaxing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast wasn't available when I needed to leave for the airport in the morning. The hot food I can understand (it was 6am), but a croissant or toast would have been nice.

I love the interior decor.

This is a standard issue airport hotel. Better value than larger chains.

Front desk staff was not terribly friendly.

Location - loved the walkway behind the hotel along the bay. Shuttle drivers were very nice. Cookies in the lobby in the afternoon.

Nice stay overall- front desk unpleasant.

The front desk guy upon checking in wasn't very friendly. My boyfriend and I had been driving all day so we didn't look totally amazing upon arrival and you could definitely feel the difference in customer service given to us. He was very short with us and it almost seemed like we were inconveniencing him. For $150 a night, I expect a little more customer service from a hotel. That and we were already up, but the house keepers started vacuuming around 830ish on a Sunday and it was pretty loud. I would be relatively annoyed if I was intending to sleep in a little later.

I loved the view of the bay and we were able to watch the planes come in and out without really hearing them. The bed and room were very comfortable and clean!

I loved staying at Bay Landing and you really get a bang for your buck considering San Francisco
    • King Room with View

One front desk lady yelled at my boyfriend at 11:30 at night because she couldn’t hear the man on the phone over his voice.

The bed was AMAZING, the breakfast was very good, the staff was very friendly, and the shuttle service was punctual.

Excellent intro to San Francisco

Really nice hotel, close to the airport which was handy for us. The staff were so friendly and the breakfast is full and yummy. small breakfast room but as the weather was good, didn't bother us as we sat outside in the courtyard. Awesome view of busy San Francisco airport, watching the planes land and take off. Very easy to get into the city and back and free parking was a bonus. Wifi was great with no problems at all. Would definatley stay here again and recommend to friends.

Great place to stay!

It would've been good to have a bar in the hotel to relax at the end of the day. Also would help if the breakfasts were a bit more varied each day.

Bed was very comfortable, room clean and a good size and staff always had a smile. Very friendly hotel and very good value. Breakfast could be a bit more varied each day if you are staying there for a while but on the whole a lovely stay.

Convenient to SFO and Cow Palace.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast area was crowded. Certainly not a deal breaker.

Comfy beds. Nice access to the bay. You can sit with a cup of coffee and enjoy watching the planes land at SFO.

BUSINESS WAS DONE CORRECTLY AND HAD A WONDERFUL TIME VISITING MY 5 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT. HOWEVER, I AM ONE TRAVELER WHO WILL COMPLAIN WHEN THINGS ARE NOT PROFFESSIONAL DONE. EVERYTHING HERE WAS DONE RIGHT.

I HAVE STAYED AT THIS HOTEL 90% OF TIME DURING MY OVERNIGHT STAY TO THE BAY AREA. PRICE IS GOOD , GOOD TRANSPORTATION TO SAN FRANCISCO, THE VIEW OF THE BAY AND AIRPORT ARE GREAT, AND RESTRAUNTS ARE CLOSE PLUS THE MALL IS NOT FAR AWAY. THE BREAKFASTS ARE GREAT. A GREAT WALKING AREA JUST OUTSIDE THE HOTEL THAT YOU CAN WALK UP CLOSE TO WHERE THE AIRLINGS ARE TAKING OFF.

A bit dated

We were not really well welcomed on arrival (at night), didn't feel like we were welcome at the hotel. The bathroom is very humid with some mold on the ceiling. We had a room at ground level so we could hear noises from the hotel common areas.

The shuttle service for the airport was perfect : on time, nice driver. We took the shuttle too early to have breakfast at the hotel, but coffee was available. The room was big and the bed, comfortable.

Very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't understand why an additional $100 Was charged at check in for incidentals when there was no restaurant to charge. What did they thinks two 70+ year old women were going to do?

Access to freeways. Easy to get to. Close to restaurants.

Excellent layover
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Every single thing, you have a great view of the Bay Area. Excellent shuttle service to and from the Airport. Great breakfast and clean comfortable rooms.

Comfortable and worth the price.

Bathroom door would not stay open. No top sheets. More outlets would be nice. Coffee in the room would be nice,

Comfortable bed and very nice employees. Good shower.

Great location, free parking a plus and small hotel vs large...

When I spoke via phone & then met in-person to front desk gal (I recognized voice - slight accent), she lacked personality and warmth. Eventually, experienced smile and humor when I returned to desk to request an item. She was in front of another staff member.

Great location, free parking a plus and small hotel vs large property. Allowed early check-in because room was available; much appreciated.

What a delightful hotel!

What a delightful hotel! From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable; the lobby cozy and inviting (with free coffee, tea, and cookies!); the free breakfast was excellent. As a bonus, the sweeping views of the Bay are beautiful and there is easy access to the Bay Trail walking path.

Very good.

It does not have a restaurant, yet there is one just next door.

There is something about the vibe in this hotel, the music, rooms all, it is very relaxing.

coupon for the elephant Club

We paid a higher rate than least year and because the kitchen wasn't open when we were leaving for the airport in the morning, we did not get breakfast.

coupon for the elephant Club