2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Illinois hotel reviews
  4. Glenview hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Glenview

Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Glenview This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1625 Milwaukee Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025, United States of America

#5 of 7 hotels in Glenview

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Overall a good value but if I return there I would ask about room on front of property.

The back of property is close to the tollway, and road noise is not entirely blocked out, thus there is slight distant noise of rolling wheels heard through much of day and even the night as tollway stays fairly busy.

good breakfast selection. Waffles great and sausage and eggs.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Great stay for the price! Upgrades are really nice. Lady at the desk was very helpful..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is nice....Ive stayed multiple times. Not too far from the Interstate, It's very near the relatives I visited and facilities, food, gas stations, WALMART...within good distance...

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Not as Advertised
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy. Majority of the furniture was broken or damage. The mattress were over worn. All the edges of the carpet up against walls were caked in dust/fuzz/debris. It was so loud you couldn't sleep. The tub/shower had old burn marks.

Nothing. Not as advertised.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

we only stayed for a bit;

I feel like the bathrooms advertised looked newer, but they were still functional, just a little cramped, and our door didn't fully shut.

we only stayed for a bit; in town for a wedding, but the bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast selection was good, and staff was nice!

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Hotel is nice and rooms are pretty. Beware of the noisy highway.

The main issue with this property is that it is located right next to a busy highway, so the noise is terrible to sleep at night. The reception lady told me all king rooms faced the highway and she was willing to switch us to a double room, but I decided to stay on the one we booked. I'm not certain if on the other rooms the noise was better. The bed was hard in my opinion. Overall it wasn't a deal breaker, but if you are looking for comfort and good night sleeps the noise and bed of the king room might not work for you. Breakfast is the same every day. If you are staying for a night or two it works. If you stay 6 like we did, you might need to consider other options. The place is far from Chicago, if you are planning to go to the city consider Uber or leaving your car near Glenview train station as options.

The hotel is very nice looking. The rooms have enough space, they look new and updated. Overall the hotel is in good condition and looks clean. Staff was really nice and welcoming. The cleaning lady was super lovely. They received all our packages without issues and without having to pay extra fees. There were several places to eat at a walking distance. Overall it's a good place to stay for what you pay, but it has some things to take into consideration.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

It was convenient for the two nights that I needed to be in Glenview.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bath tub had a large crack in it. Tape was over the crack Needs to be replaced. Looked dirty and stained from age.

Close to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is the same every morning. Eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, cereal and some fruit. It's considered complimentary but it would have been great if there were some vegetables offered. That being said, the dining room was always clean and stacked with food, no matter what time you come.

The location is good. It is in fairly close proximity to attractions in Glenview and both Glenview train stations to get to the city. We stayed for 11 nights. The room was always clean and the beds are very comfortable. Although it's a pretty basic hotel it was a good value for the money and we enjoyed staying there. There are also a bunch of places to eat within walking distance.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Nice big room for the money. good ambiance.

to offer guest daily variety of breakfast. the same menu daily served is quite boring and a bit of vegetarian food can be better for those on diet. the vending machine could have a directive on how to operate it for visitors who have never used it. a pool would also ! aside from the above its an excellent boutique and luxury hotel for couple to stay.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Really nice people all together, just stay away from the connecting rooms.

I wouldn't get a conjoined room. The people next door tried really really hard opening the door and it was kinda scary!

I love the staff here. They make your visit feel like home. Araceli and Irene are wonderful, they bring a charm about the place. The housekeeping staff on the first floor do everything to meet or exceed your needs. The rooms are clean and neat. The fridge is small, but serves the purpose! Very spacious room. My 3yr old daughter played with her toys all over the floor, and I normally never let her play on the floor, but the carpet was nice and clean! Thanks Baymont for the hospitality.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

It was fantastic
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked the front disc guy when we arrived at night he was fantastic in dealing with client ,kind and helpful.I liked the breakfast serving and silence

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

THIS HOTEL IS VERY POORLY MANAGED, AND NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Did not equate with an 8.2 rated hotel. Two issues: 1) when we checked in, the shower in our room did not work....handle would not turn, and no hot water. We were offered another room, not as good as what we booked, with no price reduction. When we complained, THE MANAGER AT THE HOTEL ACTUALLY KICKED US OUT AND TOLD THE COUNTER STAFF NOT TO GIVE US A ROOM!!!! Because we had no other option, I had to go sweet talk the manager into letting us stay at the hotel! TOTALLY OUT OF LINE! 2) we were told at check-in that breakfast would be from 7-10, because it was Labor Day holiday (normally weekdays are 6-9. When we showed up at 9:10, nearly everything was put away, and we were informed, "no, today is a weekday so it is 6-9"

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Very nice place according to the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls were not clean in my room, also they forgot to make my bed.

Beds are comfortable, having breakfast was excellent, especially having two cups of coffee :) Excellent customer service

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Clean and Good Hotel Reasonable price.

Break fast Food Quality need to improve, and Scrambled eggs need to be kept in seprate serving container from sausage.

Nice and Clean, Friendly Staff. Food was ok.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Okay, but not planning on going back

The room was in poor condition, the TV/cable didn't work. The front desk person came up and got it to work, but there was no sound, so he gave up. The wifi kept booting us out.

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Beds were.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilets needed remodeling. Comodes need to be raised. Lowest I have seen in motels. Caulking needs refreshing. Morn breakfast, asked for decafe coffee. Attendant said regular was all they have.Adequate for one njght stay.

Beds were. Comfortable. Location was great.tkilet

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Regretful because of the hotel choice

No one asked how our stay was. Our room was loud and hot and never got cleaned. The bathroom was nothing special

Location was okay minus the highway traffic and the rate was okay

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

I liked the nice rooms, they felt like home.

I did not like how the front desk lady suggested we take a room on the third floor because it's "better" then tells us the elevator is out of business so we had to walk to third floor all weekend with all of our things.

I liked the nice rooms, they felt like home.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

A nice affordable hotel in Chicago (Keep this place secret!)

The breakfast was fresh but pretty average for hotels; eggs, sausage, white bread. Not much in the way of healthy fare. The location is out in the suburbs and not particularly close to anything.

This hotel delivers exactly what it promises - clean modern accommodations at a very reasonable price. The staff was wonderful, especially Araceia (sp. ?) at the front desk, who helped me find a room a bit farther from the highway noise, and fixed my television.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Based on our experience I would not book this property again.

First room they gave us had been smoked in and cleaned but still smelled like smoke. Second room was better smelling but not by much. Breakfast room was very small and could not accommodate the number of people using it. Property is right next to a busy Interstate highway with traffic noise 24 hours a day.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

I would probably look harder for a different hotel next time.

I would never accept a room facing the freeway.

The facility backs up to a very busy freeway. Every room on that side of the building had to listen to the freeway all night long. Additionally, the bathroom sink was in the bedroom portion, albeit by the door, of the room.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Great place to stay for the price, very convenient.

We were on the first floor and close to the interstate, at times it was quite noisey. Also, we missed out on our room being made up twice due to the fact there wasn't a room door hanger stating we needed our room made up.

The room was nice and comfortable and I truly appreciated the fact the car was basically right outside our room.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

Very clean.

Very clean. Really Nice renovated rooms. Have to admit, it's the nicest "cheap" room I've ever stayed in. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Okay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

In room 101, the area with the couch, the remote did not work so I couldn't enjoy that area. A pillow case had blood on it. Also,the shower curtain had blood on it. Once I saw the blood, I refused to sleep under the covers, so I slept on top under my blanket. The toilet wasn't clean and they didn't provide any wash clothes in the room.

The modern appearance of the room.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

Almost a great place to stay.

There was not enough lighting in the room. It was way too dark. The bathroom vanity was so dark it was impossible to use. The elevator was partially broke. It shook and banged when you tried to use it.

The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

Comfortable but literally no Internet.

Internet was dreadful...I mean you cannot load pages slow. In today's world how can you not have decent Internet? We got to the room and there was a problem with our sheets....it looked like they were stained or dirty....this was promptly attended to...it seems that the sheets had weird thinning patterns that looked like stains. They need new sheets.

Newly remodeled property.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Really great modern design.

Need better lighting by the sink for when us ladies put on makeup. Bathroom was adequate but small. Everything in the room was redone with the exception of the bathroom door. You could tell it was refurbished but it just didn't go with everything else that looked brand new

Really great modern design. Comfortable bed. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Nice hotel, about 30 mins from Chicago (without traffic).

The hotel charged me a different rate than what booking.com gave. Instead of USD104 first night and USD84 second night, they charged us USD104 both nights. But the manager took care of it after we pointed it out the next day.

Nice hotel, about 30 mins from Chicago (without traffic). TV channels are excellent.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Was just ok

The AC unit was noisy. It wasn't just the blower either. The location wasn't the best for our needs and we ended up driving longer to get where we needed to go,but yhat isn't your fault

I was happy to see eggs and not egg patties like some other Baymont hotels I've stayed at

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Drive a little from the city and find great Korean food and nature preserve.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy upstairs neighbors. Noise coming in thru window from parking lot. I needed instructions for working the TV. too far from Evanston, but many great Korean restaurants nearby.

bed and pillows comfortable. lots of hot water for shower. big TV. close to good hiking/exercise at the Grove.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

My stay was fine, but the afterward experience was awful

I traveled to Chicago almost one month ago and stayed two nights at Baymont Inn and Suits at Glenview. After I got back home, I noticed that I was charged $100 more. I called booking.com, Baymont Inn at Glenview and also Wyndham and asked them about it; unfortunately, nothing changed. Despite my hectic job schedule, I tried to call the Inn several times later, but no one even picked up the phone to answer. Besides, when I was back home, surprisingly I got a no show notice email from booking.com which I denied and confirmed my presence on those days I stayed at the Inn. I am so disappointed with such weak customer service and the pain I went through. Literally, every day during this one month, my mind was busy with this while I could not do anything about it. Overall, my stay was fine, but the afterward experience was awful. I don't know how I can trust booking.com, Baymont Inn and also Wyndham from now on.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

Will definitely be returning

The bed was a little firm for my taste but definitely tolerable.

Hotel was very clean. Staff was fantastic. Breakfast was exceptional with coffee, juices, cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, waffle maker bagels and toast. Very well stocked by the assistant. She even helped the children get their breakfast!

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Very nice place, saved over $200 compared to nearby Courtyard for 4 night stay.

Badly need no-slip strips in tub.

Nice staff. Willing to move me to front of building away from side next to 8 lane highway.Shower stall and tub wider than any I have seen, makes showering much easier.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

Great hotel but very poor customer service.
    • Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Customer Service extremely poor. Rude attendant at the breakfast bar. I was told I would be compensated for travel to airport from the hotel during the hours the hotel shuttle wasn't running. When I arranged for a taxi to pick us up, I was told otherwise (would need to pay a 30.00 cab fare). The first person that told me this service would be covered by the hotel told his manager that he never told me that (I had 2 other people with me who witnessed our original conversation).

Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2017

Bed was nice but the breakfast was lame.

Breakfast needs a lot of work

Bed was nice but the breakfast was lame.If you didn't get there first everything was pretty much gone! They never refilled anything.The hotel was dirty in some places

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

Mother's Day

Toilet had very dirty ring which we thought was a stain. The bowl had not been cleaned. Sewage smell under sick. Monday a.m. awakened by men tearing up wood outside our window.

Friendly staff. Nice room.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Good place to sleep for the price.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

About the only real complaint is that the right side of the toaster barely got "warm" and the left slots didn't work at all. I booked a room for three... I didn't realize a one king size bed was meant to sleep three adults :(

The room was clean and comfortable. The bagels were fresh and soft. The waitress taking care of the breakfast spoke no English, but was very courteous and kept things in order.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Great value.

Great value. Entire hotel was remodeled, very clean room - it had all of the amenities we needed, even a mini fridge and a microwave. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

Great value for money

One side of the hotel faces highway so if you get a room there it will be noisy. Breakfast is very small in choice and eaten from plastic dishes.

Good value for money, clean rooms, helpful staff, rooms good size with all necessary equipment in.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

Nice Place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping/Maintenance needs closer attention; outlet behind the Nightstand, between the Beds, wouldn't let you plug in. Previous repair was sloppy done and not cleaned up after; same spot had cobwebs in it.

Staff was extremely personable. Great location for our needs.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2017

the room was very clean and organized.

the room was very clean and organized. i stayed in this hotel for two weeks and had no problem at all. the front desk services were nice and helpful everytime i needed. we enjoyed their breakfast every morning! the room price was just reasonable as well. i highly recommend this hotel to everybody!!

• Reviewed: March 1, 2017

Good value and excellent location for Northshore Patients.

Website said property had a Pool/ Whirlpool Spa

Friendly Staff. Good location for our needs. Close enough to a couple of eatery's to give us a little variety. Handy having a Guest Laundry and Front Desk selling detergent.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2017

Well-equipped and convenient
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Would like a hook or two in the tub room for hanging pjs. Staff is not unpleasant but are a bit bland. They were helpful when we needed help just not very outgoing.

Very clean and well-equipped. Attractively decorated. Loved the guest laundry. My husband left a pair of sneakers there because they were old but we had a call on our answering machine alerting us that we had left them. In the 30+ years we have been traveling in the US and internationally this has NEVER happened. Impressive

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Two days before I Market I going to pay the cash, the day I...

Two days before I Market I going to pay the cash, the day I arrived don't want to take cash. They told me today we don't take a cash, I don't know the reason, even don't want to tell me. Just saywe take credit card. The staff nat friendly.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2017

Pleasant,good value for money, perfect if the small details are solved.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Please work on the WIFI, it"s ok in the middle of the night, impossible during evenings. Change the tap of the shower, you"re afraid you'pulling the whole thing out of the wall. The bathroom itself is perfectly ok !!

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Nice setup for a long stay

There's a yogurt machine for breakfast, but every other day it was broken or empty.

We initially had problem with a noisy heater in our room, but Rebecca and the maintenance staff worked hard to find us a room with a better unit.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Good price and clean.

Good price and clean. I liked breakfast. Good location.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

It was pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn’t that great.

Staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Review
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There wasn’t anything I disliked about the hotel.

It was a very nice & clean hotel. The staff was exceptional & the location was excellent!

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We thought the beds sheets need to be changed or made everyday

The location and restaurants near by

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Great experience

The matress was a little too hard.

Very nice.

Acceptable

Lack of a bar

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Very poor Internet... staffs didn't take any action even after complaint.

Internet

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Generally a good place to stay but poor internet..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor, poor internet, keeps hanging up. Room lighting is too dimmed, hard to read anything in the room.

Very clean rooms ample parking, easy checkin.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Everything was Excellent.

Everything was Excellent. My Fiance and I were very happy!

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

I have stayed at a number of Baymonts, and have always enjoyed my stay there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A pool would have made it great

If I was traveling with children alone, I would likely stay at the Bayment closer to Buffalo Grove

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Nice big room for the money.

Extremely helpful reception staff.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

PM reception staff was excellent.

AM reception girl.

PM reception staff was excellent. Girl in AM shift at reception needs some smile while talking to guests seems she looked so angry.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

The bathroom was “dirty”

The staff was great and very accommodating

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Very unpleasant and scary

The elevator is not working properly the hall says are very dirty needs a paint job

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Unfortunately, there was mold on the bathroom ceiling and a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, there was mold on the bathroom ceiling and a cockroach crawling on the wall by the sink.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Visually great, comfort great, elevator scary, and needs more lighting in rooms.

The room was very dark. Needed more lights. The elevator was acting up my entire stay.

Great bed

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Staff is very efficient!

Staff is very efficient!

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Very clean, and in a good location with nice coffee shop nearby.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

great value

location was near highway and you could hear the din of traffic but the bed was so comfy we were still able to sleep well

nice pillows, comfy bed

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Needed alittle more lighting

Needed alittle more lighting

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

I had a good sleep.

more menu for breakfirst please

I had a good sleep.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

very good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

lighting in room was poor.

The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Elevator did not work.

Elevator did not work.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Good service very nice

There was nothing that I did not like

Everybody was polite very nice people

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Overall excellent. Room, Bed and shower were perfect.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

For some reason I could not connect to your wifi on the second day of my stay. Fortunately I had a remote wifi of my own which I used.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

It was clean.

It was not easy to find.

It was clean.