Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Chicago/Alsip 2 stars

12801 South Cicero Avenue, Alsip, IL 60803, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Alsip

I reserved 3 rooms and the rooms I needed double beds in had...

I reserved 3 rooms and the rooms I needed double beds in had King beds. Also, the shower water temperature was either very very hot or very cold. It was hard to regulate the temperature.

The important thing for us was the location which was perfect for us.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We had a handicapped room that was arranged poorly. The only room for seating was the desk chair and a padded kitchen type chair. Both were uncomfortable. There was almost no room for our luggage and we had to ask for a luggage rack twice before it was actually put into our room.

The breakfast was adequate but had limited choices of food.

Excellent Location for Access to Interstate
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Trucks took up parking spaces. Exercize room is not very big. No pool.

Room was very quiet despite facing the highway. Easy access to major interstate roads. Parking sometimes a problem as many workers were staying there and their trucks took up many spots in the parking lot. Welcoming front area for families to gather and plenty of room for breakfast. I was dairy intolerant, so had to bring my own milk, etc and could not eat most of the breakfast on offer. Rooms were cleaned very well. Our room had a musty odor as if someone had been smoking in there, despite it being a non-smoking hotel. The renovations were very nice. We had stayed here 2 years ago.

If you lower your expectations, this is a place to sleep. Sleep and move on.

There was no one working at the front desk when I arrived at 8pm and no bell to call them. I waited until they decided to come up from the back or wherever they were to check in, at which point they answered two phone calls before completing my check-in. I guess things are busy, but you can attend to the person standing in front of you before the phone. The room was dank and the bathmat in the bathroom had clearly not been changed since the previous guest (or longer). The sheets on the bed appeared clean, but were stiff and scratchy.

Nothing to like at this property. hey have free wi-fi and a breakfast buffet which I didn't want to eat after staying there.

Could have been cleaner and friendlier.

The front desk guy who checked me in looked disheveled and had red bags under his eyes. His shirt was tucked in one side of the button down shirt. I waited several minutes along with others to check in. The towels had stains on them and were dirty.

It looked nicely remodeled

I would never go back to that hotel again

I could hear the ppl in one room next to me fighting and the other one having a big party and was making all the noise they can. Then the door to the rooms was a messed up. For a room like this I should of all been pay 58 dollars

It’s was the only rooms I could find on such a short notice

Nice for a quick stay.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The description of the room was not accurate a long with their titles they currently use. The description on how to work the whirlpool tub was not accurate. The tub had a few cracks. There was something up with the bathroom door that did not allow it to close properly.

Very nice.....
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I DID NOT LIKE THE WORK BE8NG DONE ON THE BRIDGE ON CICERO, IT WAS AN INCONVENIENCE.......

The hotel was very quiet at night which is good...Staff was friendly and helpful...

Loved the bed, very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price - slightly more than other places I looked at but we were attending a wedding and most guests had booked here.

Loved the bed, very comfortable.

We would stay here again, and hopefully ask for a room with firm mattresses if they had them.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The beds were meh.... not firm at all. If you have a bad back these will offer NO SUPPORT at all. They were concave 😔.

The breakfast was great! We ate well every morning ! Non dairy options in the milk dept. would have been a huge plus. Always love the make your own waffle stand as well.

Premises looked like it was recently renovated and was...

The shower floor was very slick. One side of the bed sagged very badly and felt like I was going to fall out of the bed. Front desk indicated she would tell maintenance and the manager about the problems. Difficult to understand what the shuttle driver was saying.

Premises looked like it was recently renovated and was clean. Breakfast was okay. The front desk person and shuttle driver were very nice and helpful. Location was very convenient for getting on the interstate the next morning.

It was a one night stay and we checked in late but experience was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked more lighting in the back area of the parking lot.

The mattress was very comfortable! The room was very clean, which is a big deal to me!

Probably would not choose this hotel on a return visit.

Only one person on staff she was overwhelmed and because of that she was very short and not so courteous. The elevator did not work our entire stay and we were on the third floor. Some of the vending machines also did not work. parking was tight and they had parking spaces blocked as if they had reserve them for someone.

Room was nice

Peaceful, quiet, pleasant.

Opened the door to the room and immediately smelled its freshness. I kept stepping out of the room just to get that great smell again upon reentering. I had just checked out of a different hotel that was a dump, also through Booking.com. I loved this cozy, smallish hotel. Breakfast was good, too.

Added to list of favorites
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing to dislike! For what the price I paid this place was worth it.

Clean, staff was friendly, free breakfast, and affordable. Location was near target, Wal-Mart, gas station, and lots of places to eat.

Great hotel with a great location.

I can't think of a thing that could have been better. It was a perfect stay!

The shower was spectacular! The bed was super soft, the neighborhood was safe, staff was exceptional, breakfast was delicious, and wifi was fast and easy to connect to.

It was an OK hotel

The staff was not friendly at all. When we asked questions they were not polite at all. The shuttle service works only twice in the morning, this information should be on the brochure page.

The room was spacious

Room was very small.

Room was very small. Had to ask for extra linens, etc. Breakfast was a big disappointment. We have stayed at other Baymont Inns where the breakfast was much better. Theirs was not good. No pool which we should have noticed, but it seems every motel has one so we did not realize it did not. General appearance poor--needs updating.

Overall the stay was pleasant and I have no complaints that will affect my using the Baymont Inn.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly and the facility was clean and comfortable. I was awoke by my neighbors love making sounds in the middle of the night and that was uncomfortable to listen to with my daughter in the room with me. It would have been nice to have sausages or scramble eggs. But, I guess that might be considered a full breakfast if that is added. It's just that I can't eat a lot of carbs and my choices were limited due to my diet.

Great!

Everything from the booking, checking in with the on site staff, and checking out was perfect. Will definitely be coming back the next time I'm in town.

The hotel looked to have been recently remodeled and overall...

The carpet in the hallways needs to be cleaned/replaced - very musty

The hotel looked to have been recently remodeled and overall very nice. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

"MAKE SURE GUESTS HAVE A VEHICLE TO NAVIGATE AROUND IN THIS REMOTE PLACE.

When it was time to leave on June 7th, 2017 I discovered that the Shuttle Bus could not take me to the Midway Orange Line Train which is adjacent to Midway Airport. When I spoke with the manager Ms. Franzen I directly told her that was stupid. She just glared at me & was very unyielding. There was no bus to take me to the train station & I was not about to pay $50-60 taking a cab as they suggested. The Shuttle was taking another guest to the airport at the same time & I could not understand why I was not included. Thus I was forced to walk the length of the expressway from 12801 South Cicero to 122nd & Cicero risking being hit by a truck or car on the way. NO, THERE WAS NO PACE BUS STOP AT 127TH STREET AS THEY MENTIONED WHICH PROVES HOW CLUELESS THEY ARE. ALL THEY ARE GOOD AT IS TAKING MONEY. If anything would have happened to me I would have held them responsible. I don't care what kind of disclaimer they list to save their butts. It was wrong & rude. I WANT A TOTAL REFUND!!!

The Shuttle Bus because there was no other means to get around in this remote place.

Pleasant stay - great experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They probably cannot improve on this but the bathroom was too small for my liking in my double room. I didn't care for opening the door and walking right into the sink. If you are in the front of the building the street noise can be distracting.

The bed was super comfortable. The management and staff were great. The lobby and eating area was very modern and up to date. Great place.

Baymont Inn a good place to stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They wanted a swimming pool.

I thought the accommodations were very good. My granddaughter and her friends were happy as I was. The room and the lobby was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Great renovation. Best hotel in area for price

Renovation is still taking place yet it wasn't really disturbing but I'd like to go back when it's completed.

Breakfast was delicious. Waffles were excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

remember it is a 2 star hotel, then what you get is fine
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mattress too soft, very (!) dirty under the bed, breakfast only from Styrofoam plates, loud street just outside, windows too old to keep noise outside

Freshly renovated room, big queensize beds, enough space in the room, fresh waffles for breakfast, since we booked 2 rooms, we got rooms with a connection door in between.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Don't bother trying to get a shower unless you want a freezing cold one!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had no hot wAter for my shower. I called down to front office and they said they would send maintenance down, but that they were at full capacity and that's probably why. I was naked and freezing cold(not even Luke warm water)and was not inviting a stranger into my room --- as it was we were going to be late to our church service for 1st communion and had no more time to spare. They didn't offer us any discount or anything! The only reason we even booked a hotel room instead of staying with family was the simple fact of too many people trying to get ready and shower at the same time for this event. Very disappointed! The attendant had to make one of their van drivers move in order for us to have a parking spot at 1 am. Wasn't really in the mood to wait again for service.

There was no "smell" like you can sometimes get in an older hotel.

Room was a lot nicer and you wouldn't think so by...

The cleaners came by at least 3 times before 12 to clean the room. The last time she just let herself in and I said excuse me. She shut the door immediately. Checkout time was not until noon and I had people trying to get in the room before 10. Also, not sure if we were above the laundry room but there was a constant thumping. Lastly , the toilet kept making a hissing sound on and off the entire night.

Room was a lot nicer and you wouldn't think so by looking at the building.

WEDDING PARTY 🎉 STAY
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Firm, comfy beds; quiet room at front of hotel: so glad to have been offered a choice, at check-in, of first, second, or third floor. The clean, spacious breakfast area was pleasant, with the ONLY negative being: so 'mad' that they had us on a Lenten menu OR just removed meat from the breakfast lineup to cut costs (?)... Having stayed many times at Wyndham properties, this was a first-time disappointment - with no notice. ADDED COST: I'd anticipated a free night but Wyndham Rewards system had eliminated my points, so unexpected payment, but perhaps #Wyndham can make it right. Otherwise, an excellent stay!

Nice place to stay at would recommend to others
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only thing i didn't like was that i didn't no i need to put a cash deposit because i was paying cash for my stay a heads up would hve been nice to no before i got there that's all. Other thn that everything was good.

I missed the eggs. Bed was wonderful will stay again if need too

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

I did have a good night rest,the bed was comfortable.

I didn't have hot water the next morning for a shower.I understand that the facility is undergoing some construction .I wasn't as upset because I was able to shower comfortable the night before(I have night sweats and just would've like to refreshed that morning).When I checked out I told the manager about there not being any hot,and her reply was sorry about that.i asked was there a way to be accommodated. She then went to get the GENERAL MANAGER whom was rude in a way.She stated if I told earlier then they could've gotten in touch with the maintenance man but there was nothing they could do.But what I found to be rude was in a sarcasm tone she asked if I wanted to go back up and take a shower. I found that a bit disrespectful and felt she was trying to be funny. I feel I could've been Accommodated in another way.

I did have a good night rest,the bed was comfortable.

Location and rate

Location and rate

I stayed because I had to.

Literally everything else.

The waffle machine was this hotels only redeeming quality.

Friendly staff and easy access location to expressway
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

No pool. Needs more breakfast items that are less carbs and more protein

Friendly staff and easy access location to expressway

I enjoyed my stay and I look forward to staying again.

The WiFi did not work for me.

The hotel was very clean and modern.

Great value

Comfy

I cane with my fiancé for a quiet night to relax n hang out

N/a

The staff is always great

Toilet was very nosy.

Toilet was very nosy. Sounded like running water all night

I liked the food and our room was nice.

I liked the food and our room was nice.

Peace and quite

Peace and quite

Customer Service was excellent.

The mattress on bed was too soft. Did not sleep well.

Customer Service was excellent.

There only one night

Good coffee

I will be back. This is my husband, and I get away spot

There's only one chair in the room, which was uncomfortable while playing cards.

The beds were very comfortable.

Descent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Quality of room, bathroom (shower door needed fixed), did not look appealing.

Staff (customer service).

Awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Theres nothing i didnt like.

Muffins

Hallways were not very updated

Hallways were not very updated

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't clean and the floor it was ada accessible and the floor was tilted and dangerous

Close to relatives. Close to 294

Ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom is tiny bed is too high

Price little high.

Price little high. Had go front desk room next to my playing music so loud make walls thump.

Beds were super comfy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More ice machines Few meats for breakfast

Didn't do the breakfast

Nice clean and quiet.

Nice clean and quiet.

Great hotel as it's almost around everything

Nothinh

The room were renewal recently

Front desk very helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk very helpful. They did not have us booked but found us a room.

Staff!

Staff!!!!!

Average nothing special

Bed was to soft felt cheap.

Pricing was ok nice lobby.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Don't stay for leisure, just a place to lay your head

Smelled bad, dirty, outdated

Vanity/sink with light

will be there a gain and recommend to friends

Really enjoyed the hote

Clean, easy to get to and good location.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Kind of a messy breakfast area. Hotel was very full though.

Nice lobby. Pleasant staff.

We kept get lock out of the room , we had to have the keys...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We kept get lock out of the room , we had to have the keys cards reactivated everyday

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great place to stay for weekend

Cleanliness

Awesome stay

Clean rooms

The food
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was a handicap room it was set up as such mixup in reservation but i stayed

The food

NA

Decor, location right off expressway, friendly staff

No eggs.

We are very satisfied Great weekend

No eggs.... waffles.... but good

Clean motel
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Reserved double beds but was given a single

Clean

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Have a great stay, felt safe and secure at your property, impress.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

add meat to breakfast, other than that, very good.

we had a great time, this was the first time we stayed at your Baymont Inn .

Exercise room was not available. Ice was available only on 3rd floor. No meat for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Nothing said we had to pay to park until we got there.

Nothing said we had to pay to park until we got there. Would've stayed at a nicer hotel and parked for free cheaper

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Cute and sweet

Cute and sweet

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

It was a great weekend

Check out

The room was very comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Rooms.

No fitness center

Rooms...breakfast

There are also 61 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.