Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Grand Rapids Airport 2 stars

2873 Kraft Avenue South East, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA

#28 of 38 hotels in Grand Rapids

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Gross!! I will never stay here again!!!!
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't clean!!! Everything was dirty. The bed, the shower, the Jacuzzi tub, the floor, the mini fridge, the curtain had mold on them. Everything!!!!!! The person in front of me in line also complained about their room being very dirty!

The bed was ok. The breakfast was also ok.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Glad it was only for one night.

The stairwells were dirty. They needed to be vacuumed. Also in the room it was obvious that someone (probably a cleaning person) had been sitting on the bed watching TV. There was a spot on the counter where someone (probably a cleaning person) had set their drink and it sweat and left a wet mark/ring. Upon arrival one of the people behind the counter smelled of pot. There were no other customers and when they walked away from the counter the smell went away and then when they returned I could smell it again. I will look for a different hotel next time. Definitely overpriced. This should have been a $79.00 at the very most.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Overall, our stay was satisfactory.

Another party in our group complained that fresh towels, were not supplied , nor was the room cleaned the second day of our stay. Housekeeping personnel arrived and became very rude. Management addressed the situation, and the problem was resolved, indicating that the employee was discharged.

The bed was comfortable, and the location was ideal for our needs. The breakfast was typical, and I heard a little girl say that she liked the "tockolate donuts". We were in need of an ironing board, which desk personnel indicated should have been in our room. In a short time, personnel delivered an ironing board to the room.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Location was a short drive from downtown that was the best...

The pubic hairs in the bed, and toilet and when I cleaned some water off the tile, a lot more dirt then expected transferred onto the white towel. The water had some particles in it as well the stay was kind of uncomfortable overall.

Location was a short drive from downtown that was the best part

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Staff was great.

The hotel was a little dirty. What looked like coffee was splattered on the hallways wall by our room. The bathroom was very small and needs some updating.

Staff was great. The lady that was filling the breakfast bar could use some help. It was busy and she was filling as fast as she could.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Haven't I already did this..I was upset with the customer service and the way it was when we arrived into the hotel I was disappointed with the service and how we were treated maybe you're under new management but does that mean act as if your customer service means nothing ...won't be returning to this location at all sorry but I was not happy!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Don’t think I would stay there again.

On Trivago we expected to a nicer hotel, it showed a pool and a bar. The bathroom was dirty. The fridge didn’t work and was replaced after we requested. Carpets were dingy.

Free transport to art prize.

Find Another Motel

Charged full-rate prior to check-in, demanded payment at check-in, said no record of payment, must have been Booking.com charge. Booking.com tried to resolve the issue, but no one at hotel answered phone. Finally learned they charge full fare plus room charge, then delete one at check-out. Very confusing and no confidence they won't double-bill. Plus, room keys did not work -- went through four of them. Cleared room before going to breakfast. Good thing -- no one manning front desk so we wouldn't have been able to get back in room, risking making flight. Front desk person had to leave to get napkns for the breakfast service. Stairwells filthy. Noisy. Heard enough? Don't go there.

Location near airport

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The original room had a used condom wrapper on the floor...

The original room had a used condom wrapper on the floor and there was pubic hair on the bed. The second room was better but the cloth that was spread across the foot of the beds were dirty.

Overall my stay was fair. However, the appearance of the hotel was very outdated and old.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

The room was very outdated. The couch and chair in the room were old and dirty. The tub had yellow stains. The key cards stopped working after a few hours.

Dirty, previously slept in sheets!

The bed sheets were unchanged from the previous guest, but the bed "looked" freshly made. When we pulled back the sheets, we found 1 inch black hairs all over the sheets. I called the front desk and asked for fresh sheets. When the receptionist brought up the sheets, she was talking on the phone (I assume with another customer) and tried to make up the bed. I told her we would take care of it. She left the dirty sheets on the floor. She forgot new pillowcases so I had to go down and get them. The receptionist did give me a a few dollars off but this was a terrible experience. The room was musty. The whole building was rundown. I would never stay here again.

My kids liked the blue lights at the entrance (we arrived at 10 pm)

5.5
    The eggs were good.

The parking lot light shined right in our room all night! There were no room darkening shades to pull closed-only sheers. It was awful.

The eggs were good.

somewhat enjoyable

I got the room because I'm currently homeless and had eye surgery and needed to rest. I didn't have all the money for the room so I paid for 2 days at a time when it came to the 5th day, I couldn't rent the room again because it had already been rented out. So I had to get up a day after surgery pack up and leave. Not fair at all

it was quiet and comfortable

Terrible. Do not stay here.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This property was dirty from the first impression walking into the property. The carpet was worn out and needed vacuuming, the room had dust and the corners of the room were filthy. Also this property is in need of serious renovation. The walls were battered, top cover of the bed had a nasty brown stain on it, just an overall bad experience that was a horrible night stay that was so creepy it was hard to sleep. I booked this property as non-refundable and will never do this again as a person should always get a chance to see what they are getting into prior to paying for a disgusting room.

The only thing that I liked about this property was the location to the airport.

It was fine except for the two things mentioned.

The low toilet, as said before. For an older person with back trouble it was way to low.

Everything was good except for the bathroom. The toilet was too low for comfort for an older person. There was no television channel guide either.

Doubt I'll book here again

The room did not meet my expectations. Shower curtain, bathtub, sink, a washcloth not clean. But, the cover to the ice bucket was so FITHY, I did not want to touch it!

Breakfast was good. The attendant that took care of the breakfast area was very nice, and kept the area clean while running the front desk.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

One night romantic evening before a flight out
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

I got us a suite to try and have a romantic/relaxing evening, and we had to go through two rooms to get us in something decent. The first room we went into smelled like cigarette smoke and the door to the room was broken, but they changed us to a new room without question. The only issue with the room they changed us too was the shower wasn't cleaned well (hair in the top corners) and they didn't have coffee cups stocked for the in-room coffee maker.

The suite bathtub was great for a romantic evening.!!!! That was our favorite part. The room had a mini fridge as well, which was nice to have after going out to diner, we had a spot to store our leftovers. The staff was very friendly and professional with handling most of our issues.

You take what gou get at 11 p.m.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I rented two rooms. One was clean and the other was not. The bathroom floor was dirty, the toilet was dirty and there was not enough toilet paper left. And that was in first 30 seconds of walking in to room. One pillow had no pillow case. When asking clerk for pillow case and informing her within five minutes of check in she snipped back that her manager herself just cleaned that room. At 5 a.m. someone above the room on the next floor began thumping and bumping around which is to be expected I guess but what was not expected was that noise continued for the next three hours and was accompanied by a creaking like someone was rocking on a rocking chair on a squeak in the floor. The morning clerk was sympathetic but said she couldnt do anything but would notate it. To date Wyndham has not reached out to me so I suppose they either did not report the issues or they don't care.

The one room was clean and comfortable.

Staff was friendly when we arrived.

So dirty, there were crumbs on both beds, blood stains on the foot covers, hair in the tub, sticky floors, someone left some kind of popsicles in the mini fridge that melted everywhere and left a mess. Whoever cleaned the room forgot to remove the used soap bar in the tub.

Staff was friendly when we arrived.

The bed was good but that was it. I wouldn’t stay there again.

Our toilet seat was loose. We asked them to fix it and they did but there was poop in the toilet when we got back to our room. They replenished everything except toilet paper. The bath tub was disgusting. There were no glasses for water. There was stuff on the floor that wasn’t from us.

A little overpriced for it´s service and facilities

The hallway smell and the smell in the room was a little stuffy like if there was no ventilation, even though the window at the end of the hall appeared to be open and blowing some outside air in, the curtain was moving as if air was blowing in. The carpet in the hallway was dirty, I stepped on something sticky and wet when heading downstairs to the lobby like a spill that no one had taken care of. There was someone else´s hair in the bedroom´s sink from the previous guest or something. It felt like the cleaning was not fully handled. The towels were not soft or fluffy, they felt overwashed and hard on the skin like cleaning rags and they were too small to cover the whole body comfortably. In the reception, the staff informed about a security deposit upon arrival that was going to be done on a cc that was not displayed nor mentioned on the confirmation page when making the reservation or even after, so it came by surprise. Also, the breakfast was weak, there was not much variety nor healthy food options except for maybe an apple, the rest of the food felt stale, like low quality, unhealthy. The omelet was not good.

Bed size and pillows, coffee and waffles.

Nightmare!,,,

When we checked in it was late and we went right to bed only to find out the next morning we were sleeping on bloody pillow cases from the people the night before!, BLOOD PRODUCTS !, Do you have any idea how serious this is. I worked in a hospital in the ER and coming in contact with someone else blood not know what diseases they may have is very serious!, The manager wasn’t too consider thought as long as we were refunded our money everything was ok BUT it is not ok to sleep with someone else’s BLOOD! Won’t be staying there again and it give Wyndham a bad name also!! Went to breakfast no napkins or forks available in the breakfast area. Had to ask for them so we could eat. Very poor management there.. Never again

Disappointed

The smell of the room, dirty carpet, the feel of the hotel made me uncomfortable.. If it wasn't for the fact that I wouldn't get a refund I will have left. Pictures didn't match the room. This should be more like a motel than a Inn. Inn's should be cozy.

The rate

Could have been cleaner.

The room had not been vacuumed. There were coffee stains in the sink. I just wondered what else was not cleaned carefully.

The location was good for what we did.

Bed was very comfortable and staff was great and breakfast...

There was no wash rags in the room . The shampoo bottle was empty but was left with full bottle of conditioner room was clean other than I don’t think the night stand was wiped off good there was coffee or coke spots on it . But over all it was nice and staff was very nice and I believe if I had of asked for any item they would of got it for me . I would stay again .

Bed was very comfortable and staff was great and breakfast was delicious!

The breakfast was great and the staff was nice.

Carpeting was old, stained, and needed an upgrade. The bathroom tub was stained. It was just a little run down.

The breakfast was great and the staff was nice.

Will look for another option when visiting there again.

The room was old, outdated, and there was no coffee at breakfast. When asked, staff said they were working on it. That it comes frozen. There was gravy for biscuits, but no biscuits to be found.

Location to where I needed to be.

Should have saved my money and slept in my car !

The room was dirty the bed was terrible slanted to the middle, hallways were dirty. We were afraid to take advantage of the free breakfast after the cleanliness issues but never again will we stay at a Baymont property.

The woman that checked us in and the maintenance man very nice .

So-so.

Airport shuttle was not available. Front desk did not answer repeated phone calls about it. Had to take cab. Next day's mgr did, however, reimburse for the cab. Gym facilities aren't what they used to be.

The bed was very comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our toilet over flowed and toilet water was spewing all over. It was nasty and constant. We had to plunge it ourselves even after staff left.

The bed was very comfortable

It was for a tournament and it was better than expected.

It was for a tournament and it was better than expected. We werent there much but there was a resturant next door that was great....and you could walk.

Stay was okay. Not really a place we will stay again.

The hotel was having a lot of construction work done. At first we were put on the floor that had the constitution. Had to be moved. Also, we thought this hotel had a pool. Sheets also really seemed like they hadn't been changed. Lots of hair on the sheets like someone had slept there. We ended up checking out a few days early because the space was not all that great

Recommend this location...best Baymont I ever stayed in...Grand Rapids Airport...

The bed was great.....the TV worked great......the service was great...great experience...and of course a great Sunday night rate.....and I never write reviews..but this was needed...

The staff was very helpful, and even assisted in getting us...

Lobby small and shows lots of wear needs updating.

The staff was very helpful, and even assisted in getting us a free tide pod to help wash some uniforms. Very attentitve. easy check in and check out.

It's OK

Can be easily driven by. Need to update parking entry points. Also it seems like all hotels in the area have a problem with water in the tub not draining. Bit pricy for nothing unusual or different from neighboring hotels.

Clean and the staff I encountered were cool.

It was horrid, I ended up leaving my room around 10p I stopped in, in the morning to check out

I called ahead and they said the indoor pool was up and running when I got there, there wasn't a pool. I wouldn't have booked w them if there wasn't a pool. False advertising. The room had holes in the walls and the ceiling was leaking through large cracks.

Definitely a below average Baymont.

Not a clean hotel. Hallway had a stale smell of smoke and/or a lack of cleanliness. Hallway floors not clean. Two of the five lights in the fitness center burned out. Room heater thermostat did not seem to work properly.

Not Happy!!

Stayed on the ground floor and could hear the people above us stomping around all night. They also decided to take a shower at 10pm and when they turned it on that's all we could hear it was very loud and we could not go to sleep. I brought it up to the manager and even brought him down to my room to hear it and he even thought it was loud, but they did nothing about it. The only thing that they offered was to move us to another room,but could not guarantee that it would not happen in another room as well. So we were stuck with loud noises and no sleep. Not happy that they really didn't do much of anything. Thought they would at least comp the room or give a discount on another stay but nothing.

Staff was very friendly

Adequate for the money and purpse.

Very thin door or walls. Could hear persons return to rooms at both 12:30 am and again 2 am or so. Could hear them talking in a NORMAL tone and levels.

Comfortable beds and room temperature.

It was just okay.

They couldn’t get my keys to work for the first 30 minuets. They barely ever spoke when I came in and out of the building. They knocked on the door even though my DND sign was up.

Price

Will not likely stay again.

Rom was dusty and did not look vacuumed. Paint pealing . Asked for extra blanket and pillow. After waiting 1 1/2 hour , went to desk to get it myself . Then an hour later , other staff brought up what we asked for . Staff behind beck appeared intoxicated . Hallway smelled bad.

Thanks for making our trip so nice well done staff

A full coffee pot in my room I love coffee

Rebecca was very nice and made us coffee when we arrived really made us feel welcome the other ladies behind the desk were also very nice and accommodating breakfast was very good clean and nicely displayed

Awful and disgusting.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room #138. Sticky carpet, Jacuzzi tub split and coming apart in the front, wallpaper peeling up in multiple places, no ice bucket and took forever to get one, towels were like sand paper and much more... The room would be great if it had been kept up and cleaned properly.

Horrible experience at the Grand Rapids Airport Baymont Inn.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Booked a king Jacuzzi suite, the Jacuzzi tub didn't work, switched my room to a different king Jacuzzi suite. The tub worked, but was cracked, the coffee pot was really dirty, there was an opened used bar of soap from the previous guest still in the shower, along with crusty boogers stuck to the shower curtain.

Honestly, it was a completely horrible stay, this will be the last time I ever stay here.

Not horrible - could have been much better.

Found a large piece of glass on the floor inside the door of the room upon arrival. Toilet did not flush well. Showering mid morning and no hot water. By the end of the weekend we had found 6 beetle type bugs in the room, no idea where there were getting in from. Long strand of hair random places through the room including fridge and sink. Very thin walls. Young staff member seemed overwhelmed with breakfast on Saturday. Needed front desk manager help to even get started on refilling items when everything was empty. Front desk manager was awesome and helpful with him.

Decent price and location. Staff friendly.

Great location for the airport

I stayed at the Baymont to make a very early flight. This was about the fifth time I'd stayed there. The reception staff was congenial, and the room was a good size and had everything I needed. It was quiet as well. The taxi that they arranged for the airport was pretty much on time.

Great stay for the overnight.

Overall was a good place to stay. My room with the King Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Check-in Staff was very nice. I would recommend this place.

Commode seat very loose!
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Commode seat very loose! Bathroom not very clean. Did not like not having a sink inside with the commode area. Hard to regulate the temperature inside the room.

Great place to stay. Friendly staff Would recommend to friends and family.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Being disturbed by room service when we did not need anything. If the do not disturb sign is on the door that should be utilized as no service needed

The room was clean and set up beautiful.

Great Location close to airport and our Corporate...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Some renovations going on that were not mentioned in booking process.

Great Location close to airport and our Corporate Headquarters. Restaurants within walking distance that had great service and reasonably priced.

Very unhappy and will never repeat the stay. We did not take any photos. We just wanted to leave.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

The water from the shower leaked over all bathroom floor and it was everywhere and not just a little, probably because the shower curtain was not wide enough or something. The lights were not plugged in when we got there. The room was colder than Antarctica because the heat was off and it took forever to heat, which did not help considering the temperature and weather. The lights were horrible when they were on. They were dim and the lights in the main part of the bathroom flickered the whole time, you could not use them to do anything. The lobby was under construction, but it could have been more presentable. It looked horrible. We never made it to breakfast because we ended up sleeping over. I have stayed at other Baymonts before that were nice, but I will never stay at another one again. I was so disappointed. It was New Year's Eve too.

There was not very much to like. See my information in the do not like section please.

Even with the discounted rate, this hotel is not worth the money based on the conditions.

No attempt at snow removal around property, to the point of being dangerous. Fitness center was unsanitary and some equipment didn't work. Upon check-in, I had to wipe the entry floor of my room because there was so much dirt on the floor. The entry and lobby area of the hotel was filthy, and the attendant at the desk smelled of urine and foul body odor. For the entire week of my stay, I don't believe the lobby floors were ever cleaned. That coupled with no snow removal outside made the lobby floors and rugs wet, stinky, and filthy.

Go somewhere else, pay extra

Weed smell everywhere, couldn't control heat, window looked like it had been broken into and the wind whistled through it all night long.

Overall a lovely place, but......
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There were several things wrong. The phone didn't work in our room. The fan in the bathroom was Extremely Loud. The phone didn't work in our room. The laundry facilities were out of order during our 5-day stay, which required us to go out to a laundromat. That was very inconvenient.

It was spacious and attractive and the staff was very nice

Probably stay somewhere else next time.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Upon arrival Heat was turned off temperature out side 20 degrees took more than an hour to warm it up. Room was noisy with the old heating unit and refrigerator that ran noisily through the night. Airport transportation not set up.

Distance from airport

I’ve never dealt with such unprofessional staff

I stopped at the desk to ask about the fitness center, so I said excuse me to the clerk to get her attention and her response was “What” Being woke by the housekeeper cursing loudly while she was on the phone cleaning the room across the hall. I checked out early due to not wanting to interact with staff.

The location of the Hotel and the fitness center.

Great stay, great location, great staff.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

They said the hotel was a non smoking hotel but you could smell the people smoking either outside or in the hallways.

The jacuzzi in my room was amazing! The room could have been vacuumed a bit better I moved the desk and found some sequence, and the sheets had stains but. Other than that the staff was really pleasant.

Best sleep ever!!!

Staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed made me want to sleep for days! Outside of the location I loved everything about my stay!

Unsatisfactory.

Staff made it difficult to check in. Lobby was a mess under construction. Breakfast ended way too early. Breakfast should not end BEFORE check out.

My room was very clean.

Mediocre at best

The girl at the front desk was helpful when we checked in. But the morning staff was extremely unhelpful. They ran out of breakfast early and when we asked about refilling things they acted inconvenienced that we would ask. And it took them a long time to make more food.

Fab location for what we wanted, really easy to get to a lot...

Nothing much really bad - alittle noise at times but it was to be expected on nye!

Fab location for what we wanted, really easy to get to a lot of local places and the major roads. Breakfast has a good choice and my hubby loved the waffle maker! Rebecca on reception is fantastic and goes above and beyond day in day out, great value for money and couldn’t fault it.

Bad experience—won’t go back!

Cleanliness, housekeeping didn’t clean room, breakfast area not stocked with essentials like milk and butter, no clean towels, towels extremely rough

No Housekeeping
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

On our last day we left at 9 in the morning and returned at 9 that evening. Our room was never cleaned. I complained at check out about this and was told I would receive a refund for a portion of our stay. This never happened. We probably won't return to this chain again.

It was very close to where we needed to be.

I would stay there again.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Lighting low in sink/entrance area. No tv channel or hotel guide in the room.

Nice breakfast. Hot and good eggs and bacon biscuits . Clean area. Very friendly and helpful late afternoon staff. Comfy bed.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Water damage in Jacuzzi room. Bugs in our room. Black with orange on back. Think they were elderbugs. They were everywhere. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10.

Staff was very friendly

I love Baymont Inn ana Suites in Grand Rapids,Michigan.

Nothing!😇

The manager Rebecca was amazing and the staff was great! The breakfast was hot and good! I wish I could live at Baymont Inn and Suites in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Thanks!😀Debbie Irving

If I were to need to be in this area again I would look for a different hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was left in an unsanitary condition, did not look like it was cleaned before our stay. The staff also was not very pleasent or welcoming.

Bed was comfortable.

Worth the money

Small area for breakfast

Rooms were good. Bathroom small, but liked having the sink and vanity outside bathroom. Breakfast was descent just very crowded.

Had fun would do it again stayed longer than expected

Different breakfast instead of just biscuits and gravy

The room service was great and friendly as well as the desk rep the breakfast was great wish they would switch it up more very big and cozy rooms

Horrible

I didn't like the stay at all - people were smoking pot in the hotel both nights we stayed there and the staff did nothing about it. They did not attempt to identify who was smoking the pot, remove them from the property or attempt to compensate us in any way. I am glad I did not have children with me because we would have had to leave!

Terrible. Expected more from a well known brand.

UNclean! From the welcome mat outside the entry door, through the hallways, the carpet was filthy as was the tacked on piece of carpet on the luggage cart. Bugs in the rooms. Vanity light hummed loudly. Staff brushed off my bug complaint...they're only stinkbugs and we are working with an exterminator. They need a different one.

Updated room.

Would not stay here again

No pool or hot tub, breakfast didn’t start until 6:30, and it smelled like marijuana on the 2nd floor so bad. Bad enough that when the elevator opened, it made you nauseated. I have nothing against pot, but this was sickening.

The front desk lady was friendly and personable. The room wasn’t bad, had some weird stuff on the runner across the bed

Upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite, no extra charge!
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Breakfast was sad....the glass lids on two of the three steamers were apparently broken...eggs were covered with PLASTIC WRAP....Biscuits were covered with PAPER TOWELS...ah...man!! Didn't work!! Dry biscuits....scrambled eggs.....juice dispenser was "out of order"....so BUY A CARTON of juice, for crying out loud!!

Upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite, no extra charge!!

Somewhat disappointing.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Breakfast area was very cramped. Also hot food was not being kept covered. Things were very disorganized.

Had air conditioning issues and staff took care of it efficiently.

Always a great value when I have stayed here for business.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Mini fridge in room was frozen over. Did not receive wake-up calls.

Always a great value when I have stayed here for business. Easy to access location with numerous food options very close.

Browse Baymont by Wyndham Grand Rapids Airport traveller photo gallery