Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites North Aurora - Naperville 2 stars

308 South Lincolnway Street, Aurora, IL 60542, USA

#3 of 11 hotels in Aurora

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Staff did not attempt to fix the faulty smoke detector therefore we did not sleep. Not comfort!

Pool closed at 8pm, that was very early when you are traveling and not eating dinner until 7pm. At 230am the battery in the smoke detector in our room started beeping loudly and consistently every 10 seconds, waking my whole family up. We called downstairs and was told there was no maintenance man to fix the issue. We explained how we couldn't sleep and asked if we could move rooms or take the battery out.I was told the hotel was sold out and no, we could not take the battery out. The hotel staff expected us to continue listening to the alarm all night long and it was only 230am. They took my phone number and told me a manager would call me the next morning to remedy the situation. It is now Wednesday and we checked out 3 days ago on Sunday and I have had no phone call. It doesn't matter how comfortable the beds is if you can't fall asleep!

Breakfast selection was good. Beds were comfortable.

Very accommodating when asked to change rooms due to loud guests in other rooms. Very happy with sta

Pool hours. 10 am -8pm. We arrived in from long drive and kids and I wanted a quick relaxing swim by the time we checked in got changed they were closed. The work out room was open earlier and later which did not make sense. We couldn't swim in morning due to early event we needed to be at by 11am. Pool hours each day didn't work. Maybe 9am to 9pm or even 8am-8pm.

Breakfast was good each day!! Friendly staff.

Satisfied Customer.

At this particular one there wasn't anything I did not like. Impressed.

I liked the location right off the highway . The staff friendly, The rooms were clean the bed linens was extremely white. The carpet was not full of stains. Would use again.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great hotel
    • King Suite

On our last day in what supposed to have been a smoke free hotel the entire aisle and my room was filled with the smell of someone smoking weed. I have an allergy to smoke of that type/cigarettes so I had teary eyes, itchy throat and a severe headache. To top it off I couldn't sleep and we had a 8-9 hours drive ahead of us the next day so we needed that rest. Additionally, there was nobody at the front desk to resolve the issue when we went down.

The room was comfortable and just the right size for my husband and I. The bed was also a plus, there are many hotels we've been to and this was the most comfortable bed we've had. Also, the front desk young gentleman, Anwar, was very kind and understanding of the situation with the smoke and offered his most sincerest apology for the situation. He also offered to see if his manager will give us a partial refund for not having any sleep because of the unpleasantness smoke.

The beds were comfortable

The pool and the gym closes too early, the breakfast was of poor quality, the price was not that great and You're only given one key when most hotels issue you two.

The beds were comfortable

Room was too warm, we turned the temperature down to 66...

Room was too warm, we turned the temperature down to 66 degree and it’s still too warm. Ice box not cold enough but we love the space, very cozy room.

Didn’t appreciate the couple in Pool making rude comments...

Didn’t appreciate the couple in Pool making rude comments about there too many people & children & really didn’t appreciate their PDA in front of everyone ...people should have a little more respect

We had trouble locating this property with the directions...

We had trouble locating this property with the directions from the website I don’t know if it was a Google Maps issue or what the problem is we called to try to figure out how to get there and the person on duty could not give directions. She finally said that Lincoln Way and Lake Street and 31 are all the same road we eventually figured it out and arrived .

It was what I was expected.
    • King Suite

The place is very clean, for those thst are looking for peace and traquility , thats the place you are looking for. I booked a king 1 room and it was great. I sure recomend this hotel.

very friendly people that you have working there I hope to see the same people the next time there

The afternoon we check in the lady that check us in was so nice had a smile on her face all four days we was there I as her name she told me her name was Sam And the evening manager was very nice also Anloay( might have his name spell wrong ) but he was very helpful also

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this location. It's an excellent value.

The blow dryer wasn't working, and I didn't have time to wait on a replacement. Should this be checked before the room is occupied?

The staff was outstanding in customer service. They were always very pleasant, and responded quickly to our needs. Very convenient set up in the room. Great to have a refrigerator and microwave. And I used the iron and ironing board, but the cover on the board was lumpy. Breakfast: Excellent!!

Clean, comfortable rooms and accommodating staff with exceedingly great customer service.
    • King Suite

The view from our room. Next time I'll plan ahead and ask for a room facing the river.

The lady at the front desk was knowledgeable, attentive and welcoming. She gave excellent directions and responded immediately to a report of a sticky spill in the elevator.

Excellent bang for your buck

The water pressure if I had to complain about anything could be much stronger.

The price and location were excellent for what we had planned for the weekend. We will stay here on future trips!

Clean but not worth the money

Location was hard to find. We had blood on the walls in our bathroom. Pool closed early and opened up late. Room was very small for the price we paid.

The lady at the front desk was amazing. Answered all of our questions. Parking was easy.

Will stay again when back in town!
    • King Room - Disability Access

I booked the stay through Bookings.com because the location was convenient. I arrived very late and was greeted with friendliness. My room was clean and a wonderful temperature. The mattress was just right. My breakfast was hot and delicious - eggs, sausage and a toasted English muffin with peanut butter. Wonderful, helpful, cheerful, employees throughout my stay. I highly recommend!

New flooring, big breakfast, nice staff.

Over-starched sheets/uncomfortable bed. Not a great location. Wish I would have chosen one on Orchard Rd.

New flooring, big breakfast, nice staff.

Be professional, smile and think positive

Bobbie, was unprofessional when i talk to her on the phone to make sure my reservation was showing. My niece had warned me bout her because she was very rude to her when she made her reservations.,Bobbie had ask me if I had just called there and I said no,then she had me on speaker phone. When you work with the public, you have to be kind,know how to talk to people and have a positive attitude. I was not satisfied with her. The room smelled stale, there was a dirty hand towel in the bathroom hanging on the shower.

The welcoming from Lydia as we walked in the lobby. She was so professional, very nice to us, answered all questions.

We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the facility and will stay there again.

Our room was two doors down from the lobby and pool. Because of the location of our room, it was very noisy early the next morning when breakfast was being set up. The staff was laughing loudly and making lots of noise with doors, etc. We couldn't sleep at all during that time. But because we liked the rest of our experience so much, we've already booked a room in May, but are requesting a room farther away from the lobby. Another point, but a very small one, was the location of the light switch in the bathroom. It was behind the door. Certainly wasn't a deal-breaker.

The entire establishment was very clean and new. The mattress was very comfortable, and we really liked the different firmness options of the pillows. Breakfast exceeded our expectations. Having protein options like eggs was most welcome. The staff was outstanding in their friendliness and really seemed to listen whenever we interacted with them, whether in person or by phone.

Heat on! Great place to stay overall and we will be back!

It was well below freezing outside and upon entering our room, we found the heat was not on thus causing the room to be freezing. It took quite a while to warm up the room. NOT a good first impression!

Friendly staff. Spacious room and clean. Breakfast was great as well.

It was clean and comfortable and a great value.
    • King Suite

Our room was clean but needed some repairs. Lamp shade was broken on one of the bedside lamps and a light fixture over the bar area was missing the cover. Bare bulbs were showing. The heat worked well but every time the fan stopped it made a loud squeal. There was an unusual cleaning fluid smell too. No towel racks in the bathroom to hang our wet towels.

Breakfast was good. It was more than the usual rolls and breakfast cereal...included hot scrambled eggs, sausage links, and Belgian waffles. 24-hour coffee too!

If you are looking for a quiet place to catch up on some...

If you are looking for a quiet place to catch up on some rest and relaxation;then I recommend the Comfort Inn & Suites North Aurora. Tucked away at a fair distance from the hum and buzz of traffic the hotel boasts an ideal location to fulfill the need. Next door you will find the latest shows out of Hollywood.

Facility was very clean, bed comfie, staff very friendly and helpful.
    • King Room - Disability Access

There was some kind of clanging noise (sounded like someone hitting on a pipe) ALL night. I don't know if it was coming from the heater or where it was coming from, but it kept me awake most of the night.

The staff was very friendly. We checked in early without an "early check in" fee. Very clean and the bed and pillows - very comfortable.

A pleasant hotel, good value.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Nothing, everything was fine.

Good indoor pool with seating etc. The handicapped room we had was spacious. The shower was big and had a seat.(most other hotels we visited still had a shower over a bath, not good for a disabled guest) Staff were friendly and helpful.

New

I asked to pay cash they charged my card, they didn't offer a veterans discount, we had a lot of cherry girls a rented 5 rooms and it was pulling teeth to allow us to sit in the breakfast area

New

The hotel was clean, and the staff was very friendly.

The location isn't great. I had a hard time finding it. Later I wanted to order food, and the restaurant couldn't find it either. I had to go pick up my food. I mean no disrespect, but next time I will stay somewhere more convenient.

The hotel was clean, and the staff was very friendly.

Good for a short stay.
    • King Suite

Bad water stains in toilet bowl. Carpet appeared not to have been vacuumed. No screen in window to prevent insects flying in.

Nice, roomy suite space. Kitchenette space looked recently remodeled.

We were very satisfied with our stay here. Highly recommend.

Very comfortable accommodations, clean, friendly staff, very comfortable beds, new facility. We will definitely go back here every time we are in the area. Highly recommend this hotel!

I enjoyed my stay
    • King Suite

I booked 1 king and 1 double queen room however I received 2 double queens. I called the front desk and mention the confirmation email,but was told "booking.com sent over info, no king rooms avalible.

The breakfast was better than expected.

Breakfast was decent and beds were comfortable.

The price was nuts. $ 169.00 and with all taxes came to $ 190.00 for a weeknight. I will be visiting my daughter in the future but I will not be staying and paying these prices.

Breakfast was decent and beds were comfortable. Nice location since my daughter attends LSSU.

Very nice hotel.

This is the 2nd time this has happened so will never use this app. Again

The hotel was great and we were very lucky they had a room for us when we got there since they had no booking from Booking.com for us. I had the email confirmation but they didn't. So frustrated.

Room size was good.

Paid cash for room upfront and our credit card was still charged full amount for room. Spoke with management and still waiting for charge to come off.

Room size was good. Newly remodeled.

friendly staff

I didn't like the pool only being open til 8 pm then it didn't open til 10 am next day. also wish they had roll away bed.

The bed was comfortable and so was the pillows. loved that you could get tea and coffee any time. customer service was great!!!!!!!!!

BLAH...disgusting.

When I got to the room, I noticed the beds were made but looked like somebody or something had been laying on top or rolling around on bed. Something didn't seem right. So then I went to use the powder room, lifted the toilet lid and feces and toilet paper were floating in the toilet. Gross. I went to the front desk and asked for another room. I explained what was going on in the room and the guy at the front desk didn't seem bothered by it (an Indian gentleman). I did get another room but will never stay there again. Sketchy hotel (old and worn out). For your reputation, you should take them off your list of offerings. I've stayed at other comfort suites that were just as nice as any upgraded hotel like Marriott, etc. I would've liked to have had some kind of warning as to potentially what I was getting myself into.

Aurora Illinois' Comfort Inn and Suites is a real "comfort" as it's name implies.

Another street name enabling one to use on the GPS, such as the main street that we turned off to go onto the circular Lincolnway Street to the Inn. Of course, better visible signs pointing towards the Inn would be very helpful.

The facility was excellent in every detail. However, using a GPS that claimed the street name as Lincolnway was not recognized, made the Inn rather difficult to find. The location of the Inn was a little hard to see from the main street and we didn't notice any signs pointing to it that was on a circular driveway leading from within a large area lot that I first thought was a mall parking area.

A good place to stay
    • King Room - Disability Access

I needed softer pillows --2 of them would have been nice; these were too plump and hard. With the coffee and tea availability, it would be good to have some dry "cream" available. I could have used better lighting for reading in the chair; the lamps were too dim and distant. Large empty space between headboard and mattress swallowed up the pillows

king size bed was comfortable, room very neat and clean. Staff were quite pleasant. There were several options for breakfast. The dining area was replenished frequently by very nice individuals. I like the opportunity to make coffee or tea in the room

Number one had to wait for our rooms till 3:45 PM. TV remote had one battery in it. Toilet seat broken and loose. Continental breakfast didn't start till 7 AM checked out at 6:30 AM lost out on that also 162 Dollars Way too expensive.

The beds!

I really liked how convenient the hotel was to Downtown...

The entrance to the hotel was a little difficult to get to, but I believe there is some construction going on. The swimming pool seemed super small, but I didn't swim.

I really liked how convenient the hotel was to Downtown Aurora and even the train into Chicago. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean.

Excellent stay.

Little tricky to get to it appeared you were traveling to a work site, but once you understood it went around, had a service road.

Very well maintained, clean, up to date hotel. Staff was excellent. Breakfast had lots of choices. Would return.

Nice hotel
    • King Suite

Because it was recently remodeled it offered a smell that at first was unpleasant. The breakfast was okay. On Sunday morning the hard boiled eggs were frozen and the scrambled eggs were empty and not replenished the time I was eating so we just checked out.

The room looked to be recently remodeled, it was a comfortable and spacious room. Very nice staff!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Basic accommodations for a reasonable price.
    • King Room - Disability Access

There was construction going on around the motel, and it was almost impossible to find it. Fortunately, we found a local guy who guided us through a detour to the motel. The shower curtain was long and draped across the bottom of the tub, and the shower space felt confined.

The room was adequate and reasonably priced. There was a refrigerator in the room, which was nice because we had supplies with us that needed to be chilled.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Not a place I would recommend at all.

How difficult it was to find hotel. Even our cars navigation didn't help. And beds were very uncomfortable as pillows were too. Breakfast was fair. The lady working the meal only brought out small portions of things making many trips instead of filling things up for the amount of people there were.

We could not find the hotel at first as there were detours and no signs saying where to go and when we went to our room it had not been cleaned so we went to our dinner party as it would take awhile to get it clean. Breakfast was fair. Beds were very uncomfortable. It was clean and staff were pleasant.

Pool was closed for construction and nothing was posted nor...

Pool was closed for construction and nothing was posted nor were we informed until check in. once checked in my 16 year old daughter headed to our room and we got checked in to a room someone else was already checked into and she walked in on a couple in bed.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Good breakfast clean just don't leave anything behind

We specifically booked at this hotel because of the swimming pool. Only to get there and find out the pool has been out of service a month and a half! Not once on any website did it say the pool was out of service. The biggest let down was we accidentally forgot my daughters blanket behind we realized this on our drive home this was about 8 hours after check out. I called the hotel right away and asked if it had been turned in she told me no and that housekeeping may have thrown it away! I wanted to cry this is a blanket my daughter has had since birth six years later and she still used it almost nightly! I did call back the next day to see if housekeeping had come across it that day, the lady that answered the phone did try locating it for me, no luck though. I know it's our fault for leaving it behind but after hearing housekeeping may have just thrown it away without giving anybody time to claim it definetly broke my heart and will make me rethink staying there again.

Good selection at the continental breakfast and clean.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Overall not a good place to stay

Ask for more gravy to be put out for biscuits and lady at desk said there was no more this was at 7:40.rhe place was under construction and was very noisy, because of construction, there was not easy access to the hiotel

Clean beds

The bed comfortable room clean and staff very friendly check...

The pool was closed due to painting, I also stay at places with indoor pool

The bed comfortable room clean and staff very friendly check in was great customer service

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Just all bad

They charged me $150.00 for smoking and I don't smoke! I didn't know until my bank call for a overdraft

Nothing at all! Piss to the Max's I have bills I'm on a budget! 280.0 for one night! I could of got something better

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

The fact that it was under construction no breakfast no...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that it was under construction no breakfast no swimming pool ...And didn't know none of this until u was there at facility I will never return

Good value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They were putting in new tile, walls, and carpeting in the lobby when I came in, so there was construction dust everywhere on the first floor

Although a bit dated, my room was very clean, which is all I care about.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Stay somewhere else until they are done with renovations.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was nasty, towels were rough and not enough in the room, our first room was dirty, the mattress on the sofa bed was too thin and the springs were sticking out, and no rollaway beds so we had to switch to a room with 2 queen beds causing us to lose the whirlpool tub we really wanted. Construction material was every where. The belt on the treadmill kept slipping. The hotel was hard to get to and there was a construction site in front that had the road full of holes. Pool opened late and closed early so we were not able to use it. We actually left a day early because of all the issues.

Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

I was very disappointed the room I booked online was not...
    • Deluxe King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed the room I booked online was not available. I was contacted two nights prior to our reservation. I was told the rooms were under construction and would not be ready until after our trip. Obviously the hotel knew this room would not be available for the date I booked it. Then it was too late to shop around to another hotel to receive the type of room i originally wanted and booked. On top of all that I was not compensated what so ever by the hotel for this huge inconvenience, very disappointing.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Poor
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Did not get the room I reserved the 2 mattress were smaller size and, did not the sofa bed. Because theyou said I was overbooked.so very disappointed

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Cleanliness
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tried to pay for room the day before and was told I couldn't unless I faxed and emailed things to them. If they can take money off my card at any time (which was state when I gave my credit card )why would I need to send all this info to them when I wanted to pay. I will NEVER go through booking.com because of this experience.

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The rooms were comfortable like the bedding and pillows
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room wasnt ready when we walked in had to change rooms and pull out couch had no bedding and no xtra pillows were available. Nowhere to sit in pool area and no hot tub

The rooms were comfortable like the bedding and pillows

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great Value.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I thought th pool hours where short. 10 am- 8pm. Most hotel pools are open until 10 pm.

I was pleased with the king suite amenities, especially the microwave, refrigerator, and extra blanket in room.

Very Accommodating Staff
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Needed another room for family members in Aurora for a family funeral. Lady working the counter was more than accommodating and made it happen. I wish I remember her name.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Great price and close to highway

Bobbi was very rude to speak with on the phone

The gentleman that checked us in was beyond nice and very friendly

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I would stay there again

Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Good place for one night

Cleanliness, comfortable

Fantastic stay!
    • King Room - Disability Access

Everything was great. Staff friendly. Facilities clean.

comfortable

x

as expected

Comfortable bed.
    • King Suite

Comfortable bed.... close to Mooseheart ….

Very well pleased.

The fridge, microwave and iron in the room. Also the continental breakfast on site.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Bedroom was nice, bathroom was not

Mold on the shower curtains and soap scum on the tub and shower head

Pillows were very soft

Everything was excellent.

Everything was excellent. I stayed at the double tree in New Orleans and it was horrible. Will choose comfort inn from now on.

We was there because the pool but they never told us about...

We was there because the pool but they never told us about the pool was closed 😒😒

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The pool hours

The pool hours

You need another choice for breakfast.
    • King Suite

You need another choice for breakfast. For example maybe turkey bacon because everyone does not eat pork.

Great staff.

Great staff.

Decent overnight staff & morning staff is very nice & helpful.

Pool is very small and I was told by the front desk that I was unable to get an extra blanket!

Clean room & good breakfast.

The stay was comfortable and the location was convenient

Staff was friendly

Excellent stay very satisfied
    • King Room - Disability Access

I like the service staff the amenities and free Wi-Fi breakfast and coffee and the comfortability of the room felt like home

The size of the room and the bedding.
    • King Suite

The toilet seat was completely broken.

The size of the room and the bedding.

Excellent stay

Ice machine on firat floor broke

Excellent stay...

Great value and nice stay.
    • King Suite

The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Great stay!

Nothing really, no complaints!

Property was clean and in a beautiful area close to various food outlets and point of entertainment.