Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Rolla 2 stars

1801 Martin Springs Drive , Rolla, MO 65401, USA

#7 of 14 hotels in Rolla

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived they had given the last room with two beds to another group and expected my daughter to sleelp on a cot, although we reserved a two bed room. The room assigned was not clean, closest to the pool which was loud, the floor was sticky and my daughter slept on a sleeper. We had a large ceiling water leak which flooded our floor. The room need a good cleaning and paint. The key malfunctioned and would not open the outside door. We just wanted a quiet clean room for a good night sleep, unfortunately that did not happen.

The bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was cold and the cards kept deactivating to the room.

Staff was very nice and helpful! The property had a very pretty backyard view. It was very convenient to get on the highway and to all stores and family entertainment.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Lack of attention to maintenance details. The thermostat batteries needed replacing. The toilet did not flush correctly.

Staff was very helpful and friendly.

They were in the process of 'Renovating' -- so you could see the POTENTIAL, but it wasn't there yet! They had replaced the flooring and had New Black Out Curtains BUT there was not Artwork on the walls. The Mini-Fridge & Microwave were older and scratched -- but worked just fine. There was ALL KINDS of Debris around (torn out Carpets, Dumpsters, Chairs stc to be dumped). The Bed & Pillows were Comfortable. Bandana's BBQ was just across the street!!

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I wish the rooms had a little more lighting but it wasn’t a huge deal.

The staff here is always super nice, the beds are perfect, and the pool and hot tub area are kept up extremely well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms with two full size beds were too small for four people. The air conditioning system broke just before going to bed and the tub did not drain while taking a shower leading to about 6 in of water in the tub. The front portion of the sink was close to falling off and could have hurt someone's foot had it Fallen. There were no queen size beds available so we were forced to move locations with nicer amenities and larger sleeping space.

The continental breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold foods although Limited. The pool and hot tub were nice to have but the room was not very well heated given the cold temperatures outside. The staff was very nice and accommodative to our needs. We received a discount due to the problems we occurred in our room and not having queen size beds available.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No hot water the entire stay. Lid a lot of money for a jacuzzi room and couldn’t even use it or take a warm shower. Told the front desk and they didn’t care.

Our room was clean but it stunk like cat urine it was awful how can they let the room smell like that . If I had to stay longer than overnight I would of went elsewhere

The bed was comfortable

The original room we were given keys to wasn't ready. Carpet fan was running in the room. The new room didn't have hot water, which we didn't realize until next morning. I had family staying in another room, luckily they had hot water. They also had problems with their initial room, and were relocated too. staff left a plunger in the toilet. Upon checkout, asked if we could get a discount or hotel credit based on our experience, and the clerk said they would have manager call us. It was a holiday, so I didn't expect a call that day, but thought maybe a few days, but still haven't heard from them. We stayed on Christmas Eve. I guess the maintenance and cleaning staff were anxious to leave, since my family and I both had rooms not ready.

The front desk staff were pleasant. Rooms seemed nice and clean for the most part.

The breakfast was rather meager. I left feeling a little let down. More and better options would be great.

The bed was very comfortable and I was able to get a good nights rest.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't that great. There were very little options. The biscuits were hard, the gravy was okay, and they only had hard boiled eggs, no scrambled. The sausage patties were kept in a Crockpot and left on high until they turned a sad grey and looked inedible. I pulled a better looking sausage out and it instantly turned hard as a brick. The hot tub also had algae on the edge and had some dirty spot on the bottom. The pool had a broken heater the first night, but was repaired by our second evening and had no issues there! Wish the lighting would have been better in the room too.

The staff was very nice and helpful! We had a billion questions and had forgotten a few things and was greeted with a warm smile. We loved the chocolate chip cookies too! Our room was nice, clean, and the shower was great.

Everything was ok except the pool heater was broken, so no swimming in the cold pool. I should have called ahead to make sure the pool was usable. I knew they had an indoor pool, and I have been disappointed before at other hotels, and usually call to check to make sure it is available. The hot tub was ok.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not real impressed with room or beds in regard to the higher prices compared to surrounding hotels.

Breakfast and atmosphere were very good. The pool area was very nice and secure.

There were areas of the blown ceiling coming off of the ceiling around the light fixture in the bathroom and the showerhead was poor with not all of the water went through it .... towels could be a better quality and a little bit bigger .. also all the times that I needed to go to the desk and including checking I had to wait for an extended period of time for the clerk to come back

The pool and the breakfast was fabulous the bed was super comfy

Breakfast should still be served a bit later than 9 when on vacation or traveling.

The Pool and exercise room was open 24 hours which is nice upon late arrivals and staff was great. I had had all the travel I could take for one day and they made me feel very welcome. Was very accommodating to my mobility needs as well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

As soon as we got there, we were suddenly told we needed a deposit at 130 in the morning, pool was dirty, hot tub was broken, under 18 couldn't go into the workout center, and we were told we could get a roll out and then were not allowed to have one, my 14 yr. old son slept on the floor.

The cleaning crew was awesome!

Pillows were uncomfortable.

Staff was great, room quiet, all areas were clean and well maintained, and we were allowed to have our dog with us for only $15.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We made reservations for us and our 2 little dogs. Paid the extra money gladly. Think we were given a "dog" room since we said we were bringing ours. The instant we opened the door, we were hit with a funky smell. The green carpet was soooo nasty and stained that I hated to walk across it bare footed. The shower curtain had been chewed on the bottom obviously by someone's pet.

The room was extra cool when we arrived! Felt great! Staff was very friendly and accommodating! The room seemed very clean except for the nasty, nasty carpet.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room above us we could here every little noise and at one point I felt the ceiling was going to cave in from all the movements above us! Hall noise was loud ., the pillows were horrible and it took 2 hours to get another one

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had requested to check in early but unfortunately they lie to me that I could had check in early but when I got there is had to wait almost 3hours 😣

There was no egg. Always running outhe of blueberry muffins 😑

Complimentary breakfast buffet should stay open longer than 9am on weekdays

Location. Property is convenient to Interstate. Also close to restaurants in Rolla. Nice lake to walk around behind property was excellent to walk dog. This is a great pet friendly place to stay.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

But you get what you pay for!!! Our room smelled musty/Mildewy; the young lady who checked us into the property was friendly BUT that is as far as the friendliness went. The night shift worker was rude and possibly scared of losing her job, the owners were moving furniture in and out and using the elevator during the middle of the afternoon, they also let the door slam on my family trying to enter the hotel. We traveled with a group of two other families and they didn't want is in the pool area with drinks, didn't want is in the "breakfast" area to play cards or dice during the evening hours and the Friday evening clerk and owners were RUDE!!!!

price......

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was extremely small with sink being in the room. Bath

Swimming pool was great. Location was ideal for trip.Ice machine was conveniently located right next to our room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the room was clearly dirty and nasty.

I like the breakfast there. I like the honesty of the staff. I forgot a device there and called the property to look for it. They found it and kept it for a week for me.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was pretty great. The view outside might be better if there was some type of landscaping on the hill to the north of the parking lot. Otherwise it's just cars and the highway. The opposite side has a lovely view of a large pond.

Our host when we checked in, Theresa, was very nice and accommodating. The pool area was lovely, and while it was clearly family friendly, I didn't feel like I was at a playground. It just had a nice, yet family feel.

In the shower the water could be turned from trickle to full pressure, but the temperature could not be adjusted. The water was very hot. I washed my hair in the sink. Everything else was great though!

I LOVE the bed! Very comfortable!

Rooms were dirty, found old beer bottles in one of our rooms and had to ask for clean sheets for the other room. Showers wouldn't drain in either room and heard other visitors complaining of the same thing. Indoor pool, which was the main reason we booked there, was freezing. They called on our way there to downgrade one of our rooms due to maintenance issues and wouldn't offer any discount for the inconvenience. We will be going somewhere else next time.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Stayed in a handicapped room the bathroom shower smelled like urine even after they cleaned it I think it was the seat that people can sit on in the shower

Staff was accommodating and friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were placed in room 207 and there was a family above us in 307 and they were like a herd of elephants until 12:30 am. We called front desk and they called the room but did little good.

Great breakfast and nice facility

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet throughout the hotel needed to be deep cleaned. Attention to detail within the room was lacking (dirty phone and remote, etc)

Great breakfast and extremely helpful and responsive staff. They had a very clean swimming pool area with lots of natural light pouring in. Probably our favorite hotel pool when comparing it to other like hotels.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is the first time that I have had a kind of bad experience. Everything was good except that the air conditioning in my room - room 223 didn't work. It would not get cold in our room. It was stuffy and hot. I did tell the front desk lady that night and she said that she would let the manager know. I never heard anything. I told the lady at checkout and she said that she would make a note. I told her there should already be one and there was. She found it on the counter. The bad thing was that the manager actually came in to work the night shift at 11:00 p.m. and I never heard from him at all. Other than that our stay was as usual.

I have stayed at the Baymont Inn in Rolla, Mo at least four or five times. I enjoy the pool a lot. I love the location. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean. The breakfast is great!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had booked two rooms for two days and had to cancel one room. However when we got to the hotel we were told our entire reservation was cancelled and we didn't have a room. As the hotel was booked we were in a bit of a scare as to where we would go. Luckily, the staff person gave us a room.

After quite a scare on our reservation, we were given a room.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great hot and cold breakfast selections-well stocked and clean. Very quiet and good night's sleep. Great room great value.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked that the pool/hot tub area was open 24/7 for adults and we didn't have to be in there with kids. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I also liked that we had a mini fridge even though we only used it for a drink.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The smoke detector in the room was hanging from its wires. I put it back on the wall and after 5 minutes it started to chirp. The bathroom sink was clogged. It took 30 minutes to drain the water.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Water took forever to warm . Tub faucet was broken. Door key had to be returned to desk to be activated. No insulation between room and stairs so noise of people walking all nite. Freeway traffic noise all nite(worst part of stay). Legs on couch were gone so couch sat on floor in our room.

Bed was nice.. facility was clean. Desk lady was nice.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Traffic noise was annoying. Noise from heater kicking on and off.

Nice room accommodations...plenty of seating and table top space. Nice bed linens. Comfortable mattress and pillows. Good T.V. programming. Room temp ideal.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

The tub wasn't cleaned to my standards.

The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet and pleasant. Slept too late for breakfast, but the coffee was good in the room. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not really writing all that.

Could go on a lot about the likes. Dislike was the key card readers were non-compliant. Had o get key reset and walk to other doors to get in. Everything else is great. Awesome breakfast!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was too hard it hurt my back. Hard to get any sleep of rest.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were very uncomfortable.

Staff. Very Friendly!

A little dirty.

Very good breakfast. Comfortable beds.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No counter space in bathroom

Blueberry waffles yummy

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nearby restaurant closed to early

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived late expecting a nice clean room and found a dirty one. I even called about 2 hours before arriving.

NA

Nice breakfast..great location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was comfortable and the staff were friendly

Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were stiff, uncomfortable.

Cleanliness of the room and the plumbing issues

Bed was comfortable

yes to all

We liked it all

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Cleanliness, breakfast very, courteous,helpful staff

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dirty. Broken lamp. No toilet paper holder.

Can't think of anything

The breakfast was good. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff were helpful. Very afffordable

Pillows were small but we each got 2

Hot Tub was not working.

Place was clean & friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We liked everything. I really liked the pool and hot tub. The room was clean. Staff was really nice and helpful. It was a good stay.

The bed was firm.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Facility is well maintained - particularly compared to other Baymonts stayed at during this trip

I requested late checkout but got a call from front desk reminding us that 12 pm was check out

Room was nice and cold on a very hot day

Sketchy area, trucker hotel

It was over priced.

The pool area was nice.

I liked everything.

The room was much more than I expected. The price paid was well worth it.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Just appreciated the professional care taken and location.

Everything was very nice, plan to stop again soon.Staff helpful and friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was very comfortable. Slept very well. I love biscuits & gravy.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Breakfast was very good

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Beds were very firm and only full size vs queen.

Decent continental breakfast and the pool and hot tub were nice.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was dated as far as decor but I guess that was supposed to reflect that at home atmosphere.

There were many breakfast items to choose from.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Vent in bathroom would be nice. Air conditioner unit kept quitting.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Everything was very worn and dingy. No coffee table in front of sofa. Sofa worn and no springs. Bare walls. Super 8 better than this!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

There was excrement on the toilet seat and it was apparent that the room had not been thoroughly cleaned. Just fluffed.

The room smelled nice.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Traffic Noise

Nice view of the lake, great cookie

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not a big deal but could use another luggage cart or two

24 hrs pool and fitness area (after 10pm adults only)