Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Detroit/Roseville 2 stars

20675 East 13 Mile Road, Roseville, MI 48066, USA

#5 of 6 hotels in Roseville

I would stay there again if I was in the area as everything was fine.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The gym was used as a storage room for mattresses and the A/C wasn't on but I didn't say anything to them about it. It had your basic equipment so it was good for what I needed.

The staff was very helpful and friendly even when I bothered them with stupid questions. The breakfast was very good. I had the best biscuits and gravy that I have had in a long time. The selection of food was very extensive and there wasn't anything more I could have wanted. The room was OK too.

Overall this won't be our first choice when making the trip next year.

Every year both parties making reservations have requested adjoining rooms. The first 3 years everything worked out great, the last 2 years not so much. We brought this to their attention and the only way they'd consider helping us was if we'd check out of one room by 11am and into the adjoining room by 3pm. This would basically eliminate a day of fishing. That's not what any of us consider helpful. The internet access was awful, obvious upgrades needed there. None of the outside outlets worked. We were on our annual fishing trip so charging our boats by way of outside outlets would be a great benefit. The hotel employee acted like I was bothering them or making a strange request when I asked if any of the outside outlets worked.

Comfortable beds. Close to restaurants and fishing access.

I ENJOYED MY STAY HERE. ESPECIALLY THE STAFF, ATTENDENTS, AND LAUNDRY WORKERS THEY WERE GREAT

NO HOT WATER IN SINK, FRIDGE WAS'T COLD AND WE COULDN'T TURN IT UP, LIGHT UNPLUGGED AND WE COULDN'T REACH THE SOCKET.

THE STAFF FROM THE LANDRY WORKERS TO THE ROOM ATTENDANTS TO THE FRONT DESK, THEY WERE ALL AWSOME. THEY TREATED US AND OUR 4 LEGGED FAMILY MEMBER AS IF WE'D BEEN COMING THERE SINCE 4EVER. MAY GOD BLESS EACH ONE OF THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES.

As much as I like this location, I will be looking for a new place next year.

This is the third time I've been to this particular Inn where the A/C unit DID NOT work as well as it should have.

Location and ease to interstate and other facilities in area. Cleaning Staff was very nice.

Lamp shades need to be replaced.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

That I had to leave. Everything was great.

Everything was great. Room nice & clean,bed very comfortable. Nice simple breakfast. Great staff very friendly. Can't beat the price.

Hello, The only issue is that the heater would not get warm...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hello, The only issue is that the heater would not get warm for my wife, due to a recent kidney surgery. Otherwise your establishment was only 3 miles from our friends memorial. Thanks, JIm

Never again!

When checking in I was approached outside and asked for money from what appeared to be a crack head. I told management, nothing was done. My first room, the security door latch was busted off, I asked for a different room. Second room was not clean, toilet was not security, thermostat on unit did not work properly. Mold in the bathroom and the carpet was filthy

It was a pleasant stay, with breakfast.

The elevator was quite dated, and I wished it had a pool.

Breakfast had a great selection and I noticed when the orange juice was empty, it was promptly replaced with new orange juice.

There was a party next to us whom was really loud and...

There was a party next to us whom was really loud and slamming doors arguing, the manager didnt do anything about it. Front dest lady who worked afternoons was very helpful and so was the housekeeper.

Front desk was very welcoming and greeted us very warmly!

The pillows are really small. They are the short little throw pillows

Front desk was very welcoming and greeted us very warmly!For a sat night it wasn't overly busy or loud.

The ease of the location to find was great.

There were fleas in our room, hotel was in general dirty. Drug dealers coming and going through out the night. Not the traffic I would like around my kids. Hotel needs a complete remodel, door did not shut or lock very well, as you could see under the door to the hallway and vise versa. Cleaning staff was not well defined as they wore street clothes with nothing defining who they were, so we chose to keep them out of our room. Cheap but would stay elsewhere next time.

The ease of the location to find was great.

Bed good, place needs updating and cleaned better
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Place was kinda a dump, not very clean. Apple seeds on the floor, lamp shade had water damage, furnishings very old. The place needs a update badly.

The bed was good

adequate facility but would not stay there again given other options at similar price nearby

noisy......dirty.....staff was invisible except for breakfast person

location ideal for our business at hand; ease of access to major roads and dining options

Friendly staff, dated property.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Rooms need to be updated. 2 nd floor smelled like cigarettes. Room could have been a little cleaner. Floor by sink was sticky and drain in sink was out.

Friendly staff, clean area to eat breakfast.

Won't be staying there again
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Bed very hard and uncomfortable, no real blankets (it was like the thin foam in a comforter) had to go buy blankets. Went to get breakfast at 7:30, all they had was 3 bagels, white bread, cereal, oatmeal packets. Very bad

People were friendly, and room was clean.

Not worth the price; would not recommend.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Facility is old and needs upgrading. White fixtures have turned yellow, faucets are old/need replaciing; mattress is stained; drape has burn marks, etc.

Front desk staff (Carol) was very nice. Breakfast was simple but good.

Nice, but could be better!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable, the carpet was dirty, the bathroom floor was dirty and the shower curtain rod was ready to fall!

Breakfast was good although one day there was no juice. USA Today was complimentary.

Ok for a one night crash - don't bring your children

There was a party next door and people were too loud. There was people smoking in the hallways. The room had a musty smell.

Location, close to i94. Easy check in and out.

overall good

the window curtain kept blowing from the air conditioner being right underneath and there was no way to secure the curtain and there was alight right outside the window therefore we could not get the room dark

plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby and convenient to the places we were going

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Reasonably priced and close to our event.

Rooms a bit dated. We only had 2 towels and no bathmat. Refrigerator was set too high and froze our beverages. The adjustment knob was missing. Having the sink in the entryway was a bit inconvenient.

Staff was extremely friendly and interested. Even the breakfast lady. Bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Prepaid cash for three nights.

Prepaid cash for three nights. Was told there was no refund but if I checked out early for whatever reason I would receive a credit to be used at a later date. We left a day early. Since the desk attendant could not confirm the credit I left my phone number asking fthe manager to call to confirm the credit but have heard nothing

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Hotel Horror Story

We were kicked out while trying to get our room by Issac, who appeared to be the only staff there, because he didn't like my attitude. Myself, spouse & two young children under 12 were told to leave after midnight with no place else to go. When we complained that we had a reservation he said, "no you don't, I just deleted it.' If you think we must have been real jerks, not so. My spouse was getting kids and bags and sent me in because I had credit card. Isaac would not start process until she came in too and I questioned why? When I got her and we returned, he still would not start process until I agreed that he was right. It was bizarre, and as he stared me down, I just maintained that I did not agree and it did not make sense. When he would not relent I said I am not going to argue with you, just give us our room, and that was it...he told us we were not staying there and we could leave or he would call the police! My wife and I both said, 'your kidding, right?'. But he wasn't. He would not change his mind and we finally had to leave. It was after midnight and it was last place we could find with a room due to events in the area. We were kicked out on street after midnight with two young children far from home. I don't even think deleting a reservation like that is legal? Issac was working the overnight shift but said he was general manager and there was no one to complain to and nothing we could do because the hotel was privately owned and he was somehow associated with the owners. Not sure if this is typical of Baymont Inn's in general (I cant imagine it could be), but this place is bad news. It appeared to be a place where people live paying a weekly rate from the condition, and the few people we saw hanging around the entry.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Not worth the $, there are nicer hotels in the area for the same $.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

The building is in need of many repairs, and is very dirty. The comforter was very dirty and obviously not changed from the previous guest and had food stains and ? stains on it. The carpet was so dirty in the room that when out little grandson was crawling on it, his legs were black from his knees down. The food in the breakfast area was poorly stocked and very minimal. The exterior "key only" entrance door to the back parking lot didn't work, no key was needed you could just push the door open. This is unnerving in a questionable area close to Detroit. The elevator made horrible noises when changing floors. The towel bar & robe hook in the bathroom were falling off the wall & door. There was residue all over the tank and top of the toilet. We had booked a "1 bedroom" room as we were traveling with our adult daughter and 2 grand babies, only to find that there was NO separate bedroom at all, but instead one square room with a king bed and a pull out sofa. In pulling out the sleep sofa there was only a plain sheet over the mattress, no mattress pad, top sheet or blanket. When asking for bedding at the desk to make it up, my daughter was told that "we don't have any blankets because the hotel was full" Luckily there was a Meijer across the street, where I went at 9:30 at night to purchase a blanket. Only 2 towels in room for 5 people. Many young people "hanging around" in the lobby area when we checked in on Friday.

It's convenient to family in the area. Izak at the front desk is very helpful and personable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Very uncomfortable

No remote in room , had to call several times, toilet blocked, A/C unit extremely loud kept everyone up all night,attempted to have room changed was told hotel was completely booked unable to make change. All in all it was a terrible night.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The room wasn't worth the money.

Room furniture was all nicked up and broken. The room wasn't really clean and had underwear from previous guest in the corner. Wasn't really worth the money for the room.

The breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Bed was comfortable.

Only one chair in room which had an almost broken arm-unsafe for someone who needed it to help getting out of it. Eggs were watery with little flavor.

Bed was comfortable.

Clean and comfortable. Would stay again!

Very friendly staff. The room was comfortable and clean.

Great value for the money

Great breakfast...comfortable beds

the room smelled musty and the bed wasn't comfortable.

the room smelled musty and the bed wasn't comfortable.

Truck parking with engine running.

Truck parking with engine running. Price was higher than quoted price

ok
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

bed was hard the out side electric outlets didn't work right for charging boat batteries

close to lake st clair

Good

Staff was pleasant

The pungent weed smell that was present on whole first floor.

Fraud alert from credit card company.

The pungent weed smell that was present on whole first floor.

awful

The staff was rude Shower handle fell off Pool ladder not secured

Other than the marijuana smoke I have no complaints.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The smell of marijuana smoke was very strong on the third floor.

Nice place to just get out the house...

It didn't have a pool... But the receptionist was amazing... She gets two thumbs up!!!

The staff!!!

Good

Nothinh

Comfortable

Didn’t stay. The only thing that was acceptable were the linens. Turned around and got a refund

Needs updating- bathrooms, carpet, elevators,etc.

The front desk staff were great!!! Very helpful!!.

its was okay

people smoking

its was okay

Other guests were so loud talked on the hallway at...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Other guests were so loud talked on the hallway at 2:00am-3:00am, whole night was unable to sleep.

Perfect
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

I think things were fine

Nice, clean friendly staff

Close to the highway

The hotel was nasty.

The hotel was nasty.

Not far away

Stay was ok. Did not like being charged for extra day😨

They charged me an extra day before I arrived and would not take it off.

Vanity sink would not hold water

Vanity sink would not hold water

SPACIOUS ROOM

SPACIOUS ROOM

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Though the room looked very comfortable it was bed bug...

Though the room looked very comfortable it was bed bug infested and the staff weren't great at accommodation.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Great location for shopping.

No problems.

Very accessible , close to shopping, and great staff.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Good place to stay!

Exellent Breakfast. Room were good size. Bed were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

I think corporate should be notified about my experience.

The staff was rude and horribly disrepectful.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Very nice!

Nice and comfortable! Great value!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Enjoyable

Towels were hard, elevator slow and scary.

The rooms were great and roomy.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Bed was comfy.

Hallway smelled of marijuana & a faint cigarette smell in the room

Bed was comfy. Room was clean & in good repair.Great access to freeway. Overall good stay

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

The bed was terrific.

Not knowing the area, I have nothing to compare it to. For me it was a little difficult to get to but that's my problem.

The bed was terrific. Good nights sleep.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Just average for the price.

Just average for the price. A port in the storm.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

check in was fast and easy, location was great off the main...

check in was fast and easy, location was great off the main road and quick access to the highway

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

The room was clean, and housekeeping was efficient, and...

The room was clean, and housekeeping was efficient, and complete...overall a very nice stay.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stepping into the room with the bathroom sink to the left. I've never seen this setup before.

Breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

I loved the room.

I loved the room.

There are also 49 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.