Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Savannah South 3 stars

393 Canebrake Road, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#68 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Betty and the Lady that was at the desk for 4 shift.

Betty and the Lady that was at the desk for 4 shift. She had short hair and i’m Having a senior moment and can’t remember her name. Both were great. Friendly and helpful.

Front desk staff was nice

I came back to my room from spending all day running around Savannah and my room had not been touch by room service and I had no clean sheets or towels had it not been 2 am and I being exhausted I would have went and complained

Front desk staff was nice

Good deal for the money

The location was a bit sketchy but overall ok. And the curtains were a bit short so the night lights kept shining in our window all night. Really not a big deal but slightly annoying while trying to sleep

Staff was really nice and overall a really nice hotel

Very nice and relaxing experience...

Noisy guests next door arguing/fighting at 2:15 am...

Sean/Shawn at check-in/check-out was EXCELLENT! She always had a smile, and was extremely helpful. They are lucky to have her working in that critical area! The hotel was short-staffed on the guest-desk operation, so she worked a LOT of hours during the two days I was there... a bonus or salary increase for her should be forthcoming!

Not very impressed

When we arrived we were told there were no rooms ready to move into that was at 3:30 in the afternoon we didn't check in until 8 the whole building seems to need a good solid cleaning to her huge stains in the rug dingy looking room and hotel also had this very strong odor of cooking being done in one of the rooms Buy employees

Breakfast was over at 9 a.m. never ate there

Updates and a new cleaning staff are much needed here.

The rooms are old and outdated. The mattress felt like a thin sheet laid over metal springs. The floors were filthy and the couch had stains on it. The room was only dusted in visible areas. I had to pull the nightstand out to plug in a charger and their was dust an inch thick on the wall behind it. The breakfast provided was barely more than bagels and toast and was served in such a small room that we returned to our room to eat.

The location was decent.

Find somewhere else....

On our first night... it looked like the pillow cases were not changed. Pillow cases had stains on them. The a/c unit did not work properly. One of the housekeeping staff were rude. Beds were a bit hard and dipped in the middle. Property offered me 20 percent off my first night... claimed the owner was out of town so that was all they could do. Hotel is about 20-30 mins from downtown Savannah

Breakfast. Evening front desk staff did the best she could to help us.

My stay was horrible

The beds were not comfortable. My room was compromised twice. The toilet was broken. The room smelled horrible like mold and poop. Tub was dirty.

Leaving this facility.

Savannah stay at beamont

They tried so hard to fix it but our card reader never worked had to get staff to let us in every time.

Easy to book and did not overbook like original hotel.

Pleasant and restful stop!

The vent in bathroom in room 103 didn't work.

Staff were very courteous and friendly ... we loved your experienced and wiser employees. We loved your location right off 95 and near many restaurants and gas stations.

Bs

I got over charged on my car when I made the reservation I said I would pay cash and got charged anyways twice staff couldnt tell me why tried to fix it but all management was out of town they left the hotel to people who didn't exactly know how to run it. Wont go back lost all my vaction money due to over charging they tried to give me a lower rate for ine night but that aint enough my room.card stopped working five times

Gas staion close by

It was a good stay!

Breakfast variety could be better.

Beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. Front desk people were really friendly too. The whole facility looks clean inside.

4.5
    It was ok

The bed was sunken in the middle needs to change out the bed. And the bathroom needs some updating. It was a dirty wash cloth left hanging in the shower curtain.

The stuff was nice

I won’t choose this hotel again if I find myself in the area.

Room didn’t feel very clean and the lighting in the rooms is horrible. It was either like a hospital if you used the overhead lights or a dungeon if you just used the one table lamp. Also the noise from other rooms was awful. The kids upstairs sounded like they were going to come through the floor and I could hear the people next to us using the toilet. There is also a $20 fee for having a dog

It’s super close to the highway and the staff members were pleasant

Great clean place to stay!

Can't say there was anything I didn't like, but a lactose free milk and yougurt option at breakfast would be great!

We loves our stay! It was clean and quite

An overall acceptable stay.

Although the property appears too have been renovated some time in the last few years, not much effort has been put into maintaining it. Mattresses could really use replacing.

Good location, front desk person we delt with was very friendly.

Nice place with easy access to the rest of Savannah. Nice staff. Check your mattresses though...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Tv channels weren’t great, and tv was hard to use in general. The worst part was the last night we stayed, I woke up with what I believe to be bed bug bites all over my body...be cautious

The room was spacious, bathroom was clean.

It was ok.

The cleaning crew was not nice. I also had to change rooms because, one of the beds had a noticeable dip on yhe center. I did not get the value for my money the rooms were over priced. The front desk had some difficulty with checking in and because of their updated system. My stay was better last year and better priced. I don't think I will stay at this location next year.

I thought the front desk was helpful and nice.

very clean great value

This hotel allows pets and some pet owners left dogs barking in their rooms while they went out...not hotel's fault...but owners should be more considerate of other hotel guests and more attentive to their 4 legged friends...

very clean great value

Not worth the money at all.

The bed was HARD.The first night I couldn't sleep. Go to an Air BNB instead or Home Suites2. Decor was super old, obsolete, outdated. They need to tear down the building and start from scratch. What a WASTE of money. I'll never go there again. The breakfast was free, that suits the breakfast for sure. Go to the Cracker Barrel. Plan a trip way ahead so you can get a pristine air bnb or a hotel that is wayyyyyy nicer.

Cleanliness, quietness, smokeless.

The staff was very professional and very understanding!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It seemed like our room hadn't been used in quite some time and bathroom needed a good cleaning before we checked in.

The staff was very professional and very understanding!

Never again
    • Deluxe King Suite

They charged my card twice and I'm still fighting to get the money back. Had to file a claim with my bank. It was $174.50 to stay on a Friday. Plus $120.50 for I don't know what.

It's pet friendly

3.5
    It was not the best customer service from other Baymont inn
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our beds were not made and the floor was not cleaned. And when I told the front desk she said that she only do check ins she had nothing to do with the rooms.

Our stay was very comfortable and therefore enjoyable.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was mediocre.That' s the only thing we could find fault with.

Closeness of room to exit and pet area.The room was comfortable and clean.

They don't change the bed sheets after guest.

The breakfast was horrible.

They don't change the bed sheets after guest. Had to go to Walmart to purchase clean pillow cases. Also woke up to a egg like smell but for the price I guess it was decent. You get what you pay for.

My experience here was not satisfactory and the money I spent here was not well worth it.

My experience was spoiled soon as I checked into the hotel. The staff asked what was my purpose for staying at a hotel because I was a local. That is none of your business. I am a paying customer and when I refused to answer her, she said that she would let it slide this time. You will never have to worry about me staying here again. There was nothing on the website about locals not being able to stay there. I have never heard of anything in all my life and I felt that the lady was being extra nosey and quite rude. Also the toilet kept running all night, the tv would not work right away and the lamp was not working. The bed made noise and had pen marks all over the sheets. The whole hotel smelled like old coffee and syrup. Bad experience and will not be checking into this hotel if my life depended on it.

The location.

I'd stay there again

The bed base was made out of this stamped steel. Couldn't move around on the bed without making a lot of noise. Could also hear the neighbors making noise quite readily. Had one outlet that was ready to fall out of the wall. Had a problem with the TV, but that was cleared up fairly quickly.

Friendly staff, property was clean and appeared to be in good condition.

Had a lovely stay and would stay there again

Shower could have had a little more pressure but no complaints really

Staff was friendly and accommodating! Beds were great! Facility was lovely and clean. Very easy to find and many good restaurants near by.

Nice hotel, good location and price.

Morning staff for the front desk and breakfast area were completely absent. The other hotel staff had no idea of their location,when they would return, nor did they volunteer to step up and help the clients.

Nice hotel, good location and price. Night time staff was very helpful and friendly.

The room was very comfortable and we especially liked the...

The room was very comfortable and we especially liked the separate sitting room with heavier doors to block light and sound. The staff was amazing- courteous, friendly and helpful. The balcony overlooking the pool was beautiful!

Overall nice stay

Breakfast was just ok. Short hours 6-9am. Not enough tables to accommodate guests. Did have eggs and sausage as a choice. Although we didn’t need it, the air didn’t work.

Nice comfortable room with good WiFi and enough outlets. Nice bathroom.

It was average, probably would not stay at this location again.

There were several people in a group staying there this weekend. When we arrived on Friday night they were hanging out in the parking lot drinking and riding their motorcycles around the parking lot revving them up. This went on throughout the night and both Fri and Sat nights waking us several times to the sound of their commotion in the parking lot or hallways as they were coming in and out.

Staff was very friendly with the exception of the person working in the kitchen on Dec 3rd morning. She was very rude and acted like we were bothering her because we came down to eat breakfast at 8:45. She started taking food up and locking the cases without speaking to us or asking if we wanted anything else. Yes, it was close to the end of time to serve but she definitely could have been nicer about it.

Would stay again while traveling through the area.

The room was nice but needed some maintenance. The carpet "baseboard" was falling off one wall section. There was no sink stopper. Provisions were slim: there was only one each of the regular and decaf coffee pods provided, but both my husband and I prefer regular.

The room was well-equipped with fridge and microwave.Linens were nice, bed was comfortable. Bath was clean, plenty of towels. Staff was responsive when we called to ask a question about a/c controls.

Will stay again!

Breakfast ended too early. Checkout is too early. It takes a while to get downtown. Other than the bed, there was only one chair to sit in. Although 4 people were listed, only 3 sets of towels were avaiable.

The location was good. It is close to restaurants and not too far from a mall. The breakfast was filling. The staff was AWESOME! They were friendly and very accommodating! Each person I spoke with went out of their way to help with anything we needed!

Everything else was fine.

The room we were assigned was not made up. I went to the desk clerk and said it was not made up. She told me it was, not believing me. I said maam. It is not made up. she finally called some one. She gave me another room.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I would come again.

The only thing I didn't like was the room above me, it seems as if the individuals were moving things around. It sort of disturbed my sleeping.

The hotel overall was great. The room looked like an apartment. The bed was wonderful. At breakfast, there were so many options; I didn't know where to begin.

Lots of space. Needs to be updated with cleaner furniture.
    • Deluxe King Suite

We have two toddlers and after a long day on the road we got into our room at almost 2 In the morning. They put us on the second floor above someone. The kids were walking around while we set up their beds and got their pajamas on. The people downstairs called and complained on us within the first few minutes of getting there, then again in the morning at 10. I understand no one wants to be listening to a bunch of stomping but what I don’t understand is why would they put us in a room right above another guest, when the hotel was near empty, knowing we were checking in late and with two toddlers. Also the walls and floors are VERY thin. We don’t have that problem at the hotel we are staying in now. Also when they called they asked me to please calm my children down... uh, they just got out of the car from a 7 hour drive, it’s the middle of the night, and they weren’t acting crazy just walking around the room and being silly.

The room was very spacious

We plan on staying here again.

poor lighting made it hard to see the inside the fridge. breakfast was average.

Staff was wonderful. We could see our car from the window. Loved the room.. Bed was comfy, had a couch area and desk area, a comfortable chair near the bed. Breakfast dining room spacious. Liked that it had no carpeting.... which was great for pets.

The wood type floor in the room was a novelty.

The room was expensive for the location and it was sparsely furnished. I passed on the free breakfast. Nothing there to interest me.

The wood type floor in the room was a novelty. Maybe because it was a pet friendly room? But don't drop anything breakable on it, especially glass, cIt will break!!

Will not stay again. Did not honor my reservation.

Was told the king room I had booked was not available. Had the confirmation with me. Was told none were available. It was a Sunday night and the hotel was almost completely empty. We were so tired so took the 2 queens. Why was this done to us? Will not stay there again. Very poor business... what good does it do to book on line and then the hotel does not follow up?

Location was good for us

Pleasant stay and conveniently located in Savannah for the value minded!

The beds were a disappointment. Somewhat sagging and tough on my back. If the beds would have been more firm and supportive, I would have rated this stay as excellent.

Location was very good and the place was new or newly remodeled and clean.

Good value

My husband didn't like the eggs but there was selection of other items for breakfast that made it acceptable.

The check in was vey smooth and very friendly.

The hotel was substandard and I would not recommend. Stay was okay.
    • Deluxe King Suite

The hotel had no shuttle as advertised. Upon arriving, I got there early by three hours and although there was a room available, I was charge for early admission of $20.00. Once making my way to the room and entering the elevator, it smelled like coffee with stains on the floor. My room had an order, a stench to of mildew carpet which was "resolved" by some odd looking air freshener the hotel worker inserted in the air vents after I brought it to her attention. One evening while making my way to my room, the whole floor/lobby reeked of curry. When I asked the hotel attendent, where was the smell coming from she said that that was normal since the "people" usually cook there. It was hard for me to sleep at night due to the light coming in underneath the door so pillows were place to block the light. It would have been nice and convenient to have had ATM access instead of having to walk to a gas station and the breakfast was boring and not much of a variety. Muffins were stale and tasteless. It was the same food everyday. Lady working in the Kitchen/Food lounge was not very pleasant. Other than that, it was okay.

WE'VE TRAVELED ALL OVER THE WORLD WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

DON'T STAY!!!!!!! WORST HOTEL EVER! INTERNET DOESN'T WORK CAN'T MAKE CALLS OR TEXTS ON YOUR CELL PHONE IN THE HOTEL ELECTRONIC KEY LOCKS, LOCK YOU OUT OF YOUR ROOM MANAGER HAS NO CUSTOMER SKILLS

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! DISABLED MOM & MYSELF HAD TO GO OUT & SIT ON THE WOODEN BENCH OUTSIDE TO MAKE IMPORTANT PHONE CALLS IF DISABLED, SEVERAL ADA ISSUES NEED TO BE ADDRESSED

Photos are misleading. Underwhelmed and disappointed.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Rooms were not clean. Dirt on bathroom floor, pillows marked, toilet not clean Breakfast was very bad. It’d be better if they didn’t offer anything at all. Cornflakes were stale. eggs, meat, waffles etc look like they came from a box. Very greesy Looking and highly processed. No water provided at breakfast Breakfast attendant smelt like cigarettes

Bed was comfortable. Front desk staff very friendly.

Not a good stay,

I was told the manager would call me about an adjustment because my pillow reek of PET URINE. I was never called and I will not visit that hotel again.. My grand daughter has an allergy to pet hair.

The sraff was friendly.

Nice location, friendly staff, efficient check in and out. Don't count on the best breakfast around.

The hotel was not very busy when we stayed there, yet we could not check in an hour earlier. The beds in our room did have a dip in them and made a bit of noise. The breakfast was just not good. However we were there when it was about to end and most everything was dried out.

The location was great. The facilities were clean. Check in was fast as well as check out

Evacuating because of hurricane so we were just happy to have lodging that accepted pets.

Noise from other lodgers (doors opening/closing & children running down halls). Cleaner rooms (was not outright obvious mess) but definitely needs new carpet, bedding, drapes & air unit. First floor would have been helpful, as it was a long wait for the elevator...

They allowed pets. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The hotel was comfortable but t mix up at registration kept having trouble with t room keys

Breakfast could not be taken from the dining room. My spouse was not able to make it to breakfast and I was not allowed to take breakfast to the room

The room wastage and roomy liked t room

Good value for the price. Short drive to downtown Savannah. Nice size room. Pet friendly. Clean.

The breakfast options at the hotel would be my only complaint. There wasn't much if a selection. And the small options offered were bad. The coffee was horrible and we drink lots of coffee. We had to get our breakfast and coffee at the McDonald's across the street.

The hotel room was larger than expected. Great staff, especially Ebony. The manager Rose who checked us out wasn't as friendly. And grounds were clean. Housekeeping was great. Plenty of areas for pets.

A good value for the money that provided a pleasant stay.

The rooms and hallways were a little dated and the carpets were stained in spots.

The staff was pleasant and the location was 15-20 minutes from downtown. It was a good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The breakfast ladie is amazing , the front desk young ladie...

The. Housekeeper can't understand English dint clean don't leave towers

The breakfast ladie is amazing , the front desk young ladie very very knolowgable and amazing person young ladie she was on Tuesday night July 25th at the front desk

Perfect location off I-95, nice accomodations.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No fruit at breakfast, not enough tables (people had to wait), hot food was not appetizing. Lone breakfast attendant seemed harried.

Good linens, reasonable pet fee.

Good for the price.

The room was clean but the bathroom was not as clean. The bed skirt was ripped. The mini fridge leaked.

They were pet friendly and the hotel was located well to get off and back on the expressway.

The staff was friendly

Our room was filthy and small I found an empty coke can under the bed ... there was a lot of dust and the floor board was tearing off the wall! We tried to ask for a bigger room but could not be accommodated. Also the hallway smelled horrible and the same dead bug was in the stairwell for the 5 days we were there

The staff was friendly

Quick stop off I-95

The mini fridge in our room wasn't totally working, but that wasn't a major issue.

The bed and pillow were absolutely comfortable. Oh and the Wifi was perfect!

"Pet friendly" doesnt give you all the details.

The carpet was stained and dirty. I would not walk on it in bare feet. The eggs and sausage provided in bfast room were disgusting. Booking.com shows pet friendly icon but doesnt give the details regarding extra charges and deposits.

The bed

The friendliness of staff and great about having a pet and...

The over all smell the halls. Smell like urine or cover g up a smell

The friendliness of staff and great about having a pet and they came to fix a problem right away

SOOOO worth the extra $$. My top choice next time we are in the area!

The cleaning staff was rude. They wandered around the property in a group and would glare at us and point while talking to each other in a foreign language. (I saw them do the same to other families as well.) One morning they asked if we wanted the room cleaned as we left in the morning. We said yes, but as we arrived back that evening, it hadn't been done. When I complained to the front desk lady, she offered to have them come back and clean it. I told her it wasn't necessary, but i'd come to get fresh towels if she had them. When I got to the front desk, she had the towels AND refills for all the shampoo/soaps and coffees for the coffee maker in our room.

Didn't catch the name of the lady at the front desk through our stay, but she was Fabulous! When we had trouble with our in-room ac unit, she offered to let us move to another right away. Once we figured out the controls were on the wall, we didn't have to- but it was nice to have the offer. She was also great for making suggestions of what to do and where to go in the area- and also what places to avoid for our safety. Breakfast here was good. The Pool was clean and a good temperature for relaxing and splashing in after long hot days exploring the area. We extended our stay because our first two nights were so good.

Nothing to complain about, except the hallway was a bit hot. Least to say I didn't have to be in the hallway long just from the room to the elevator. Other than that, my stay was an awesome experience.

Totally not a pleasent stay.

The check in staff wasn't friendly at all. I had my husband go done and see if he could have someone clean the bathtub and toilet and there was no staff available until the next day. The bathtub had a dirt ring and the toilet had mold on the back of the toilet base. I had to drive to a store and purchase cleaner and clean it before we used the bathroom.

The breakfast was good and the morning staff was very kind and caring.

Excellent overnight stay; nice area.

If I had to complain, there was one issue. The drapes did not move. There was a liner and sheers which did the job in the daylight. At night it would be nice to be able to close the drapes as well to keep out the light from the neighboring hotel. I shoved a pillow up against the liner to keep it closed.

All rooms are too cold for us; we make it warmer to suit us. Suite was adequate size and met expectations; bed comfortable; pillows adequate; shower excellent, nice soap; ice machine handy. Breakfast was adequate and met my needs. Very clean. Local on 17 is a good place to eat; excellent fried shrimp & GA peach tea!

Choose another hotel

The customer service

I made my reservationtwo months. They cancelled our reservation because my card "declined" and there weren't rooms available but still removed money fro my account. I was even told to get the hell out of the hotel. I'll never use this hotel again.

Disappointed and fraudulent phone charges

Fraudulently added a long distance call to our bill and refused to remove it. Lobby and hallways were hot. Location and condition of property wasn't on par with other Baymonts I have stayed in.....price was pretty high for a 2 star at best hotel

Property was clean

Go somewhere else!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were told that the hotel was very full with tour groups and church groups and we should try and eat between 6-7. The hallway smelled of curry and wet dog. The room was 82 degrees when we arrived and took forever to cool off.

Easy to get in and out, right by 95.

Okay for passing through

Slightly cramped room and toilet that filled by spurting water not running water in as usual

Convenient location off the interstate for just traveling through. At least 3 good restaurants nearby, but not really in a safe walking distance.

For the price that was advertised, I wasn't sure what I...

I was only there for one night, so, I have nothing negative to say...

For the price that was advertised, I wasn't sure what I was getting. Rooms were very clean, bed was VERY comfortable. I only needed it for one night, so, it definitely served its purpose. Front desk guy was VERY helpful, especially with the fact that I had a late check in, he was willing to give me a late check out, because I didn't get to the property until almost midnight.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Okay property wise good front desk service. Bad housekeeping

Mattress was poor. Dirty bathroom

Bed fell in middle very uncomfortable house cleaning was poor. Dirty toilet dirty bathroom in general front desk personal was great

Decent place probably better places nearby for same price..ask questions before checking in
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were not told we were on the pet floor (otherwise we would have asked for another area) and there were barking dogs left unattended in surrounding rooms from when we returned to our room at 8:00 until after 12:30 at night. Several calls to the front desk and they said they would call the owners, but dog kept barking incessantly. One night of the three we were there, there was a horrible smell in the room all night longlong. Next morning they explained it was due to a papermill nearby and there was nothing that could prevent it.

Breakfast was average, breakfast hostess very nice, beds were very comfortable, clean room and clean facility.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Before I got there the hotel did an authorization charge off...

Before I got there the hotel did an authorization charge off my card for 66.47. I was told that it would fall off, and that I would not pay until I checked out. However when I checked in, another 199.41 was taken off my card. Between that and the first authorization charge that was my full hotel bill. I was told then that when I checked out that everything would balance out. The next day I was again charged the full amount of my hotel bill of 265.88. When I pointed this out; no one had a sufficient reason as to why essentially I had just paid them twice. Just that the 199.41 should drop off soon. I am still waiting for it to drop off. I really liked the hotel but their billing system was very inconvenient and made no sense. I probably wouldn't go back just because of this error.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

6.0
    The property was OK.

The property was OK. Our room was on the 2nd floor and the smells were overwhelming when getting off the elevator. Front desk people were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is on the shabby side and does need some upgrades.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Worse business trip every!!!

I didn't like anything my credit card information was stolen from this location and now I've had cancel my cards. The hotel manager is rude. Worse business trip every !!!!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

You get what you pay for

Apparently some of the housekeepers live at the hotel particularly on the 3rd floor. Each day there would be strong smells from the food that they were cooking in their rooms. I could smell the curry and other spices in my room and in the hall way on the that particular floor. The smells made me nasueas over time. The nightstand in my room was dirty. I reported it to the front desk and NO one cleaned it during my stay.

The price and decent continental breakfast. Beds were comfortable.

not pleasant.

The bed was awful. When you can feel the springs and they squeaked it is not good.. So pretty uncomfrortable

not much, the breakfast was pretty elementary, there was only one luggage cart which was not available in the AM. Not good when your guests are 80 yrs old.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great value! Great for families

Wow, what a great value and the breakfast selection was surprising and wonderful - saved us more time and money. It was very quiet and close to shopping and main roads.