Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Mt. Pleasant 3 stars

5858 East Pickard Street, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Mount Pleasant

Wonderful stay!

Hot tub jets were weak.

Full breakfast including biscuits and gravy, sausage, omelets , burritos plus the normal waffle maker etc Free shuttle to the casino

it was good place to stay

1. spa tub dint jet the water out when turned on. 2. bath tub in room very slow draining filled up with water 3. ceiling fan made loud noise when turned on. could not sleep 4. need maintenance guy 24hr told front desk said he was on vacation

bed were great to sleep on, pool was great

the pool had to much chlorine, didn't swim.

the pool had to much chlorine, didn't swim. The shuttle service was awful both going and coming back. Over priced for a weeknight stay with the other issues.

Love.

I'll get back to you.

I love the quietness.The staff was excellent, clean rooms. Breakfast⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. I did take advantage of everything this time but I'll be back.

Stay in Mt. Pleasant every year for the Special Olympic state finals and will most likely stay here

Wanted first floor but got 3rd. Its all good though.

Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good, staff was very friendly, seemed very quiet for a fully booked hotel.

I did not like the fact that the property charged me for the...

I did not like the fact that the property charged me for the stay and then did a authoriziation charge right after. they should have did one or the other but not both when i checked in.

We enjoyed our brunch and the staff were very attentive.

We enjoyed our brunch and the staff were very attentive. We would recommend this hotel to our family and friends, we couldn’t believe how clean the pool was excellent time. Thank you

We ended up getting locked out of our room after we had...
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

We ended up getting locked out of our room after we had already put our things in there. The door ended up being broke. And the lady the helped up was the only staff there wait a few hours to get our door ublocked and she was very unprofessional and not sincere at all I was not happy with how we were treated. Will not be staying tbere again.

I had a GREAT time staying at the Baymont Inn.

More space to move around in the breakfast area. It was crowded.

I asked them to leave a card saying happy birthday to my boyfriend and they did!! I really appreciated that.

Fair

There was a black hair on the toilet seat and the room next door had kids banging on the wall. Rooms were a little pricey. Coffee for the rooms was terrible.

The staff was very friendly.

Terrible. Would give 0 stars and will tell people never to stay there
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The toilet didn’t work. When I told the staff, she provided me with a plunger. One of the key parts to a hotel room is a toilet that flushes. TOTAL FAILURE ON STAFF’S part.

a lot of money for the value of the room and amenities

coffee pot was dirty from previous people in room. the coffee packets and tea packets were wet and we were unable to use. soap and conditioner bottles were empty. across the hall from the washer and dryer were very loud.

breakfast had many choices but only one microwave for many people. clean eating area.

We had a nice time and slept well :)

The Bathroom was very small and the toilet pushed right up against the wall along with the toilet paper dispenser. Awkward

We didn't stay for breakfast..The hotel was full and the kitchen area was packed with kids. Not a big deal; we went down the street to Bob Evans.

It was just ok, but overpriced and in need of an update and darn good clean.

Room outdated and in need of good clean. Sheets were stained and appeared unwashed. Breakfast was a free for all with little supervision, although there was excellent choices and variety. Hotel was clearly overpriced for the level of rooms provided.

Facilities (pool, spa, gym)

Ok

The breakfast was really bad!!! The biskets and gravy tasted like it was from a box. I didn’t like having to put a frozen egg on a plate and microwaving it. You had to make your own oatmeal instead of it being hot and ready to eat. The first time we stayed the room next to us was so loud we couldn’t sleep. My daughter was in the room and we could hear all the cus word songs they were listening to as well as their Lauange. We called to complain still didn’t stop. The hallways smelled like weed!!

This hotel was wonderful.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

This hotel was wonderful. The rooms were nice, bed was comfortable, breakfast was great and free shuttle to the casino. Will definitely stay here again when in town!

A very nice, friendly, and comfortable hotel for short weekend visits.

We had been told that it was a 24 hour pool but it was not. That was a very small disappointment but we had been hoping for more time to swim due to returning to the hotel late. The rooms were a little smaller than other hotel room in the area but it was a decent size for two people. We also requested some place closer to the pool and got a hotel room on the complete opposite side of the building but all of these are relatively small complaints.

The bed was clean and comfortable. Staff were really nice and the breakfast was decent although there were other guests who were irritated that the eggs were microwaveable instead of scrambled in a crockpot. Our room was clean and it was quiet despite being a very full hotel. The pool was amazing! Very warm and salt water so it didn't smell too chlorinated. The hot tub was also really nice and comfortable although we had a few issues with the jets not working. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and would probably visit again.

would stay again if couldn't get casino room

Pillows too lumpy queen bed on king metal frame my friend kept hitting her ankle cuz frame stuck out on side of bed told hotel clerk so hopefully they can change it

It was okay.

Was very bummed about the pool..you could smell the chlorine on the second floor and was so bad on entering the pool area it burned our eyes.So needless to say we didn't swim. Bummed.

The sausage gravy was very good.Bed was super comfy.

Clean and close to the casino

The room was spacious and clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast was ample with a lot of food choices. Shuttle service is offered to the casino

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

the bed was really cozy and the breakfast was good i would...

they had some kids playing on the elelavator wanted and talking about pushing the fire button i told them you better not do that i will report you to the front desk

the bed was really cozy and the breakfast was good i would like to get a discount to come and stay again very soon.

Would stay again.

The pool room: No towels available in the pool area. There were used bandages and a coffee cup laying on the ground in the pool area. Extremely hot & humid...there are limits what a person likes as far as humidity. The two windows that could open were closed; we opened them to get some air moving. The door over by the hot tub was dirty and had cob webs over the opening...obviously not opened for some time. The windows of the entry way need to be cleaned more often. Only two round tables in the pool room. Not enough chairs and small tables; folks with a family or families would not have a place to keep their belongings off the floor to stay dry.

The bed was absolutely awesome with comfort; king with a pillow top. The room was clean and comfortable.

Bed very comfortable.

My desk light didn't work and wished there was a pull out magnifying mirror in the sink area.

Bed very comfortable. Fridge and microwave in the room.

Graduation weekend

We stayed 2 days, both days the hot water in the shower did not last more than 5 min. Very disappointing. I understand they were booked up and it was a busy weekend...but I expected a bit more. But over all a good hotel.

Room was nice, breakfast was great, better than expected..omelets were a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Ok for a short stay.

Breakfast area under construction, hopefully making it better so you don't have to go down the hall to get your coffee. Providing some other fruit besides apples would be nice. Donuts were stale, no eggs, orange juice out. My room was next to the fitness room and you could hear and feel the vibrations. Bed in my handicap room was way too high. Someone in a wheelchair could not have gotten into it easily without help from someone else. Handicap bathtub was high, but had plenty of handrails. Could do without the desk, put in a table and a couple chairs.

Location was good and they provide a shuttle to the casino if you don't want the hassle of parking.

Nice room, not so nice details
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact that a girl died in the hot tub and it was out of service and it was not disclosed at the time of check in. Nor was a discount offered. It was the ONLY reason I booked that room. I wanted the king suite and I wanted to relax in the hot tub. Extremely disappointed.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Sleeplest in Mt. Pleasant

A different hotel with softer bed.

The bed was very hard and it was loud from the other rooms. The hotel is under construction so the pool area was closed. very disappointed!

I give my stay with you a 4 star
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only one chair at table , and there was a constant smell of marijuana in the hallway on the first floor.

The space was decent size but still intimate nice and warm also . Thanks

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Hot tub out of order .
    • Deluxe King Suite

Hot tub out of order . We did not find this out until a sign at front desk while checking in . Stated hot tub out of order. Hotel dirty and under construction. A lot o money for stay for the condition of hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Hotel staff always nice and polite.

This was our Second visit with the hot tub out of order. Lots of work going on in the lobby,but look forward to seeing it when we visit again in a couple of months.

Hotel staff always nice and polite. Beds are great. Location outstanding.

Disappointed!

Hot tub was out of use- the sole purpose for our stay. Room stunk. Breakfast was awful. Was not aware of remodeling- which was not pleasant.

Bed was comfortable!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Very disappointed

First I chose your property because online it said 24-hour pool when I booked and then when we got there we were told the pool closes at 11 p.m. and that was very upsetting to me because I chose your place just because of the pool we passed up cheaper rooms because their pool close early. I stayed in room 233 and the shower made a squeal every time you turned it.. and while showering. And the free breakfast was not good at all the bagels were stale the donuts were hard and the biscuits were very crumbly which left me to believe they were stale. Also the rooms were way too hot the bed was not comfortable at all.

Desk clerk was very nice and handled (My fustration very well

Did just the trick.

The walls were extremely thin and the water smelled like chemicals and dried your skin way out.

The bed was very comfy and the breakfast was great also the room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Would've gave zero stars if it let me.

Hot tub didn't work. Online it said pool was 24 hours. Which it wasn't. Toilet was plugged when we got there and they didn't come fix it. Stains all over the comforter and sheets.

Staff

College Parties Seem to be allowed

The first room they put me in had obvious smoke odor. I asked to switch rooms. The second room was nice but the Hotel allowed a party of college students in the room next to ours party on deep into the night. I mean more than 15 students. I called to complain 3 times with no help.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Review is 0 i give no credit to this hotel
    • Deluxe King Suite

The hot tub had NO warm water, the hotel itself was a hole in the wall compared to pictures on the site. The sinks overfilled with water. Never again will i be staying at a Baymont hotel

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Comfortable, clean, and close to the casino

The vending machines were not stocked. The hotel was out of hot water in the a.m.... cold shower.

The location was great for us. The hotel was also clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely polite and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Nice bed nice room nice pool

Phone didn't work, had to use private cell pH to front desk. Adjoining room very loud, drunk, and in hallway at midnight Poor excuse for breakfast area..no meat, only apples, had to walk to four rooms to get coffee apple cereal and roll

Nice bed nice room nice pool

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Room 218 over lobby should be a storage closet. Auto door in lobby very loud every time its used.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

paid for deluxe king room #218 located above hotel entrance. Auto sliding door very loud in room. Also every one going out to smoke under canopy and conversation was like they were in room. No room available so desk gave half of room. ( no sleep )

Staff was very pleasant ,

Great stay at Baymont

There was nothing I didn't like.

Staff was very friendly Rooms were very nice and clean.Liked having a shuttle bus. The best were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Waffle bell doesn't work and they knew it when I told...

Staff not friendly at all but location is good so will probably use again. Pets not allowed.

Waffle bell doesn't work and they knew it when I told them, they should fix or replace. Didn't have yogurt or cookies for kids. Only eggs were hard boiled.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Excellent place to stay

The continental breakfast was very limited.prepackaged donuts no toaster, no eggs or meat. Instant coffee not brewed . Disappointing compared to other places we've been to.

Very clean, up to date furnishings, comfortable

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Would recommend!

The room was a little bit tight. Would liked to have just a little bit more space. We had a queen room with 2 queen beds but would have been better if it wasn't quite so cramped.

The room was very , very clean. Breakfast was good , was in a great location.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Comfortable and convenient.

Shower head seemed like it needed to be dipped in CLR or something. Not a steady stream of water and adjusting it only made it worse. Need bigger towels in the pool area.

Beds and pillows very comfortable.

Convenience to the casino, free shuttle, quality and...

Breakfast felt "cramped" and some stuff was hard to find the way it was laid out. Decent food but just a poor layout.

Convenience to the casino, free shuttle, quality and reliability of a chain hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

There was around 7 to 10 kids and teenagers in the pool and...

There was around 7 to 10 kids and teenagers in the pool and they were throwing each other in the pool. I was scared for the little ones safety. Some of them were saying no no. and they did it any way. We told the desk clerk at the time it was happening. We did say something to one of the older teenager because he was hurting one of the little boys. He did stop then but gave us dirty looks until we left. It would have been nice if someone from the hotel would have stopped that.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Nice place and 2 minutes from the casino.

Breakfast choices were a little thin (no eggs, bacon, etc.). Not really a complaint for a free breakfast though. They did have biscuits and gravy and waffles, plus the usual assortment of continental items.

Nice room. No issues.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

I did not get the room I requested on internet.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I did not get the room I requested on internet. A room with two beds. That made the price high. Had intended to travel with three three women but luckily one cancelled. No other rooms and supposedly no lower rate because I had said I would not cancel. Will call direct next time instead of use internet!!!

Sheets were old

Sheets were old

GOOD

BREAKFAST

COOKIE

Cookies in afternoon nice

Cookies in afternoon nice

Happy with everything, only one minor thing, the bathroom in...

Happy with everything, only one minor thing, the bathroom in our room smell musty, it was the floor.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Quiet

Room was clean.

We are vegetarians and breakfast options were limited. Room TV kept pixalating.

Room was clean. Bed was comfortable.

Pool was not available.

Bed was very comfortable

Clean and good breakfast offered

Clean and good breakfast offered

Awesome stay

I wish breakfast was til 11 instead of 10!

Very clean, friendly staff, great price and location.. Best hotel breakfast!!!

Good

Pool

Clean and relaxing

The breakfast was great. Everything was amazing.

All the staff were and accommodating

The breakfast needs work

All the staff were and accommodating

Short and sweet

Nothing?short and sweet

Foam king size bed

Close the the casino.

The Baymont Staff was very friendly, the room was clean, the indoor heated pool was Great since it was snowing during this trip.

Enjoyed the room, very comfy
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was told that room had spa tub I'm site when I booked, it did not. But overall was great place to stay

I wouldn’t stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

I paid $215 dollars for a room, expecting it to be nice. The room was very small, and we had no couch or sitting area, besides the bed.

Jacuzzi.

The rooms were clean

This hotel needs updating. There were rips in our sheets and bedskirt.

The rooms were clean

bathtub drain wasn't draining properly

bathtub drain wasn't draining properly

Well taken care of

Well taken care of

free shuttle to casino

$160 was a bit pricey for Baymont level hotel

free shuttle to casino

Shuttle service to the Soaring Eagle was an outstanding...

Shuttle service to the Soaring Eagle was an outstanding service.

Pristine!

Very nice breakfast layout, staff was excellent

Love the Karaoke Boyz II Men bus that took us to the casino

Love the Karaoke Boyz II Men bus that took us to the casino

The staff was great and the breakfast very good.

The staff was great and the breakfast very good.

Friendly and shuttle service

Everything good

Close to the expressway

Continental breakfast was really slim

Close to the expressway

Had to call hotel to upgrade to jacuzzi suite.

Had to call hotel to upgrade to jacuzzi suite. The option was not listed on booking.com.