Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Nashville/Brentwood 3 stars

111 Penn Warren Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA

#15 of 18 hotels in Brentwood

Just Okay

Room design - bathroom sink beside the entry door; bed was extremely uncomfortable; A/C unit ran all the time but really didn’t keep the room cool enough for me; the room seemed dark, even with lights on.

Room was clean; great location; breakfast was good.

The area was nice and the hotel was close to interstate. The rate was decent for the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that we had to ask for towels everyday. It was four of us, but towels were only left for two people daily. I didn't like the firmness of the bed and pillows. The hotel is dated considering the location of the area, business district.

The breakfast was sufficient with some variety. The shower was excellent!!! The hotel was in a quiet area, and the staff was nice. There are restaurants in the area and others are within a 10 mile radius.

I would repeat this trip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was fairly subpar, but only in that cheap hotel kinda way. Nothing gross or unsanitary.

Fairly basic amenities at a great location. I was really pleased with how close everything was to us. Walking distance to quite a few stores and restaurants. Decent night life.

OK for the short stay.

Bed was uncomfortable and pillows had no support. Our original room was never cleaned, so we had to be moved. Air conditioner had an unusual smell. Bathroom smell like to beach?

Not very restful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were the worse I have ever slept on! My wife and I only slept for a couple of hours! So sad for the price we paid!

Just a place to sleep on our way to Alabama

Location was good but probably won't stay again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The windows were frosty for some reason. That is they were not clear. The breakfast was less than I expected although I don't remember ever staying in a Baymont facility. On the second morning I skipped breakfast and ate at another location.

I arrived early and they made sure to get me in my room for...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower left much to be desired, but I’ve definitely seen worse.

I arrived early and they made sure to get me in my room for a early check in. It took extra effort on their part, but they did it with a smile! I will stay here again when I visit the area.

Fair
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bright lights from parking lot shone in our room all night....only sheer curtain no heavy curtain to pull to keep light out. Need some new lamps in room.

No exhaust fan in bathroom.

It was adequate but could have been better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The noise in the hotel, we could hear people in the hall, people upstairs above our room and in the adjoining room.

The hotel and amenities were good, the cleanliness was good. I didn't get to enjoy the breakfast as we had other plants.

would not return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

bathroom had something smeared on walls not sure what it was also had mold. was called by desk at 8 p.m. told i would have to share a room?took a while but found he called wrong room.when trying to check out could not find desk clerk.tried to call hotel but no one would answer.finally found her in manager's office just sitting.took an extra 20 minutes to check out

location was very covienent

Enjoyed Nashville and area - I got what i needed in terms of a place to stay.
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Cleaning staff person was annoyed that I stayed in my room at the time she wanted to clean it. I had a conference call - she clearly showed her annoyance! The rest of the staff were excellent

Clean, Quiet and Comfortable

Clean room, nice breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was nice but pillows seemed small & lacked stuffing. Not firm at all. Felt like my dogs stuffed toy with half the stuffing removed.

Everything was satisfactory with exception of pillows.

Great experience w/ the Eclipse 2017 and the Baymont Inn was an interal part of it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We always want clean and comfortable and safe. We were satisfied.

We stayed at the Baymont for the Great Eclipse of 2017 in Nashville/Brentwood. It was an overall great experience.

Fine other than the early wake up every morning.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was opposite of the maid's laundry area. They were very loud and talkative every morning quite early. A good solution would be to make that hotel room the gym , employees should be able to talk and be cheerful while at work, but guests are paying for a room to sleep in.

We would stay again.

The eggs had the texture of pre-made possibly from powder. The sausage was very dried out. The waffle batter was too thin to make a proper waffle. Best to stick with the breads & cereals.

The room was especially comfortable. Very nice place.

Disappointing, see above
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is older and needs updated. The staff must be horribly underpaid because they all acted as if it was the worse day ever. In particular the young lady that was at the desk named Shaland (?) because when my wife i and approached to tell her we were checking out she just looked at us as if she had just set in something very nasty, never saying a word only glaring at us. If the hotel staff reads this, this is what i was going to tell Shaland, the back of the desk chair in our room is broken, if an older person sits in it there is a good chance it will fall over backwards. Sounds like a good lawsuit to me, but whatever.

Breakfast was ok.

The location was good but need some updating in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The person on the desk looks more friendly and to greet guest(s) with a "Hello". The bathroom need to fix the drainage in the tub and fix the sit on the toilet. It made the bathroom looks so unclean when things are not properly fix.

When you request things you need they give them right away

Comfortable room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast left a lot to be desired. The orange juice was thick and brown (yuck!). The biscuits were hard. The eggs were tasteless.

Comfortable bed, shower was nice and hot I would stay here again.

Enjoyed the pool.

They were still in process of remodeling some rooms.

Enjoyed the pool. Area closeby was good for walking. Also could walk to grocery store, couple of restaurants. Our room had recently been remodeled & was very nice & clean.

Reasonably good value
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Almost no fruit at breakfast. Carpet in the hallway and in motel needs to be replaced they're pretty dirty and spotted

pretty quiet even though a lot of guests

The breakfast was absolutely terrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was absolutely terrible. Food was cold, tasted horrible and looked like it wasn't even cooked. It was also very frustrating that the window drapes were very thin and didn't block out the bright street light shining into the room all night long.

Not even 2nd choice

On the 3rd floor our room widow was open (off track) with no screen, not safe with my 9 yr old child. Front desk was not too polite during check in. Carpets need replaced in hallways. Probably won't be staying again.

Great location, just needs so tweeks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness: I had to clean the refrigerator. I noticed mold around the trim, and hair inside. The freezer had no door so the salads I purchased were destroyed. Then, the treadmill in the gym was not operating on the rainy morning it would have been a great backup.

Location was great for safe morning runs

Not a great value for about $140 a night
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not a king suite. It was postage stamp size! The towels looked like they had been washed 1000 times, almost thread bare. Breakfast area was way too small for the number of rooms/guests.

Cleanliness

Room was clean and quiet. Bed comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Close to shopping!!!

Wife walked in from outside and her eyes hadn't adjusted to the light, plus she was very tired. She asked the front desk girl if there was an elevator and her reply was pointing to the wall and stated yeah over there, the wall painted like an elevator. Had trouble with the toilet flushing. Called front desk who told me to come down to get a plunger. Told her that the toilet was not filling with water and had to do with the mechanicals of the unit. A short time later an older man came to the door wearing a circular brown hat, grey hair and an attitude. He went to the toilet, played with the mechanics of the toilet. I told him we filled a trash bucket from the shower to get the refuse to go down before he arrived. He said it was fixed. I told him that if it occurred again I would use the water in the bucket treatment again. He very sarcastically stated, "It is fixed!" Maid tried to force the door open several times, even though the door was latched, with a do not disturb sign on the door. When we left, she was door down the hall with a 2-3 or her kids. Not sure what her intentions were. Hotel is out of the way and a little difficult to find unless you know the area.

Hotel is very clean and quiet. Parking is adequate. Breakfast was very good. Close to stores and shopping.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Best rates in the area with great staff
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

military discount was available but not mentioned on booking site. Since it was prepaid we were unable to get the reduced rate

Friendly and helpful staff. Hard to find without a GPS as the streets are confusing. Can't access the hotel from the front. A couple of restaurants close by and a Publix. Great breakfast.

Good Value and Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mildew smell in room - maybe from wet carpets?

Breakfast was more stocked than I thought it would be! Staff was friendly and accommodating and Room was overall good for the price. Located near many stores, Publix, Starbucks, all within walking distance. Nashville was a 15 minute ride and highway was easily accessible.

Overall pleased.

I definitely felt like it was on the higher end of price for what it was. That being said, I didn't utilize the breakfast that was included so maybe that makes the price more worth it? The pool was also a little disappointing.

The hotel had actually just lost power and got it back minutes before we arrived but they still accommodated our needs in a very timely manner. I really liked the location of this hotel, it was super close to downtown Nashville but far enough away to not be stuck in the hectic city scene. There were also LOTS of conveniently located options for eating, coffee, and light shopping.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Worth the money.

Staff was unresponsive to the fact that I left my prescription glasses in room. Have to get a new pair because they would not respond to my numerous calls pertaining to them.

Clean. restaurants close by.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness was terrible..... and initially they charged me three times at(348.97), overdrew my checking account... not very happy

The staff was friendly.....

Friendly staff, great value, satisfied overall!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The hallway upstairs didn't get vacuumed every day, but there was construction going on. Parking was tight, again because of construction.

Extremely friendly amd helpful staff. We had a room that has been remodeled already, so it was nice. Breakfast was pretty good, saved us a lot of money not having to eat out 3x a day.

Nice Place to stat
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poor due to the quality. The eggs wetenpainfully obvious that they were previously cooked and frozen. The biscuits were almost gooey inside.

The location was excellent and the room was fresh and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Would not stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room with layer of dust. Construction down hall. Carpets very dirty even after changing room to another floor. Mattress hard. Room not well lit with only two lamps and one of them minus a bulb. HOT downstairs next morning for breakfast.

Breakfast pretty good. Kept stocked. Eggs nice and fluffy.

Hotel was clean.

Bed was sagging. I was in a 3rd floor room. I could hear the guest in the above 4th floor room walk across the floor - and it sounded like a jack hammer - until 2:00 a.m. Also, there is no street sign identifying Penn Warren. Only found the hotel by luck driving around in circles.

Hotel was clean.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Staff could have allowed us in our rooms, but staffing for...

Staff could have allowed us in our rooms, but staffing for cleaning was low so we had to wait long to get in our room. Counter help was not pleasant about this. Rooms are very much in need of refreshing and updating.

I stay at this property every time I come to Tennessee.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing to complain about.

I stay at this property every time I come to Tennessee. The staff is accommodating. Always have coffee available in lobby. I eat waffles, so cannot comment on the hot breakfast. Other guests seem to like it.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

We didn't have time to eat but everything looked great.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We stay here every six months to go to Vanderbilt hospital wish it was closer because we love staying here!

We didn't have time to eat but everything looked great.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Not the best value
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was old and not renovated. Beds (especially pillows) were not comfortable, as they were also old. Not the best deal for the money.

Non-smoking facility

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Stay somewhere else
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to switch rooms booked for two nights. Halls were dirty stains on carpet. Juice machine broken Spoke to front desk didn't care. Will cross Baymont off our list of hotels

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Great for the Business Man

Room for breakfast Sunday was very hot and food was cold.

Great price. Great location. Quiet Location. Great for business traveler or just stopping for rest. Very clean. Odor of cleaner but I took room spray. Plenty of space in King size room. Bed very very firm. Standard fare for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Dissatisfied
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was short staffed had to wait on someone to come to work to check us in....and morning breakfast was out of a lot of things and hotel was full with hockey and football fans so more staff and more detail to customers

Was clean and decent location

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Location was great.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

AC was not great. Maid service was not great...kept forgetting to leave items...laundry bag, ice bucket liner...tea bags and sugar.

Location was great. Breakfast has good variety...always good to have meat with breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Nashville visit from Pennsylvania.

Booking.com DID NOT book our room. We had the paperwork to prove we booked a room but no reservation number. Booking.com put the manager on hold for over an hour. She did give us our room but continued to wait for Booking.com to get back to them. The next day, booking came through on the email.

We were very satisfied with everything especially the service from the manager. I would recommend staying at the Baymont at this location. We had not complaints.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

they still have $118.

they still have $118.00 of my money they overcharged me and still don't have it back... ask for clean towels and the maid told me they were out...

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Excellent Experience. Wonderful clean, friendly hospitality
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved this place. We traveled late and the Concierge was very professional and courteous when we arrived. The room was spacious, clean and lovely. Breakfast was hot and delicious. It was everything you dream of for a value-oriented stay. I would definitely recommend and as a matter of fact, have already booked our 2nd visit.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

It was a good place to stay for $100 a night but not anything over.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was so hot when I arrived. It took until about 2 am to cool off. I lost my nicest dress because I used the iron provided and it was apparently filthy. It left a stain on my silk dress that did not come out.

Veey clean.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The location was good and convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelt a little musty. We did not like the bathroom vanity next to the door to the room.

The location was good and convenient. The price was a little high for the room. It was okay to stay for a few days.

Overall, enjoyed the stay!

towels and (do not disturb) door hangers was very limited. Someone stole door hanger off our door. Minor issue. Towels, there was no foot towel.

Great Location, good breakfast and quiet place.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Just outside of Nashville

The breakfast area was a bit small for the amount of people there. The staff was okay but not as helpful as many hotel staff are. Getting out of the hotel and into Nashville was a struggle.

The hotel was just outside of Nashville, so it was cheaper without losing quality. The room was nice. The bed was great. The breakfast, especially the eggs, was really good.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Nothing fancy, good safe location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

AC was not cooling well around 0430 on last day, but we were refunded $20 for inconvenience. Might have been worth a little more since it was enough to cause some discomfort but we took what we could get. The breakfast area was small and often crowded. Not high quality food but it was fine to tide us over the 2 mornings we ate there. The building is a little dated but there was an updated vanity in the room and some newer linens and little touches so not completely stuck in the 80s. The front desk staff was not always attentive and seemed preoccupied in the back office a few times. Overall, you get what you pay for and what we paid for was a safe and convenient location close to things we wanted to see.

Comfortable pillows. Great location for visiting Brentwood and Franklin/South Nashville areas. The setting is in a business park/retail center and seemed very safe. It was nice to be able to walk to the Publix one evening and there were some nearby restaurants that we did not explore.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The place was clean and pleasant.

Beds were terrible. It was like sleeping on the floor. I cried the 3rd night because I hurt so bad.

The place was clean and pleasant. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Ok place to stay in a pinch.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough washcloths. Only two in the room and we had four people. When we asked for more, we were told they had already given all of them out. No laundry detergent available for purchase.

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Average hotel but never again because of the awful world's firmest mattress!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was the hardest on earth. My back will be jacked up for a week. Anything good about the hotel is cancelled out by the fact the bed is made from concrete.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Dependable and pleasant.

more space in the breakfast room. This is a poplar place and we could hardly move, not to mention sit, when trying to get our breakfast.

Baymont is a dependable choice of motel. It is not luxurious and is not meant to be, but it is consistent with our expectations.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

I was there for a baseball tournament.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only complaint I could have and the hotel couldn't change it was that it was very hot during my stay.guess thats part of July baseball.

I was there for a baseball tournament.location was great for the ball field and I did enjoy the breakfast.saved time and money by having breakfast at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Disappointing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pretty much everything could have been better. It was a little less clean that I would have liked but not dirty enough to complain. Every aspect of this hotel was like that not horrible but not really up to par either. Definitely not worth $150 a night!

The beds were comfortable.

The hotel was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the bathroom because I am disabled and it was hard for me to get in and out of the shower

The hotel was great

Everything else.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room a little on the small side for the money.

Everything else.

The pillows
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would of been good if you had some meet for breakfast

The pillows

air condition would not keep room cool

air condition would not keep room cool

Awsome stay

Beds are a hard

Value was second to none. Easy and convenient to stores, eating.

Great place to stay and not far from downtown.

Staff was friendly, room are clean and great location near family.

I had to wait until after 4 for my room to be ready, this...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to wait until after 4 for my room to be ready, this was frustrating due being on the road all day then having to wait.

Necessary to be there not happy about accommodations

Bed was hard and no clean towels on 2nd day.

Convience

Great location and friendly staff!

It was all good.

Fast, efficient, and gracious

Overall good for what we needed, great location for what we wanted to do in Nashville.

The biacuits & gravy were horrible

Location to our vacation itinerary.

Mediocre at best.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No shampoo in room. There was water on the floor near shower when we first entered room. Lot of noise from the floor above us.

It is an ok hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be better. People could be more friendly.

Area hotel is located is nice.

we liked our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

bed was a little uncomfortable.

clean, recently remodeled or built. location seemed safe and there was shopping and coffee nearby.

Fine
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Williness to provide a bed.

Ask for an extra bed, not provided

It was a good hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Night security lock on door was broken

It was a good hotel. Staff was friendly and room was clean.

Average...nothing to write home about

Set up of the room

Bed was very comfortable

Our stay was short and simple.

Breakfast could have been a little better! I liked the location alot ans it was easy to find wirh the directions given! check in was a piece of cake!

Ok

Bed

Beds were very hard.

Beds

Beds were very hard. Very noisy as kids were running up and down the halls early in the morning.