Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Columbus GA 3 stars

5585 Whitesville Road, Columbus, GA 31904, USA

#35 of 41 hotels in Columbus

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The stay was horrible this was the worst Wyndham that I ever stayed and I stay at a lot
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived we were placed in room 152 the pillows was stained the room had not be cleaned and the sheets changed from the previous guest. Then we were moved to another room 112 the rugs were dirty scared to take off your shoes it smelled musty and had some roaches j was there because my grandson was graduating from boot camp The breakfast was fair for continental. I had better continental from Quality inn

The coffee

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Awful, Unclean
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room cleanliness was poor, came in during the evening after being out and NO CLEAN TOWELS AVAILABLE. Poor resolve had is waiting on clean towels all night. Unacceptable

Location! In proximity to a lot of restaurants and stores.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The matress was comfortabe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to requests clean bed linen and towels. My friend room had a huge roach/bug in it thay would not die. The bathrooms were not clean. Still saw hair from previous occupants.

The matress was comfortabe.

Happy stay while away

Continental breakfast. The coffee was absolutely horrible, the 1 cup I got had a bunch of coffee grounds in the bottom & also floating in the coffee. The biscuits were hard & there was no bacon, even though I saw the staff having some.

Our first night, our 1 room had a leak from the shower resulting in the floor in the bedroom being soaked. The staff checked it immediately & moved us to another room without any problem.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

For the price i paid the hotel was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were too flat and beds couldve been more comfy

For the price i paid the hotel was great. Friendly staff, clean rooms loved how the pool was just the right tempature. It was close to alot of stores.

You Get What You Pay For!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower was dirty, the carpet was damp, the room smelled musty like mold and mildew and water spots on ceiling in bathroom.

The front desk clerk was very warm and friendly.

Just did.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast bar was poor. Very little in good health foods. Cigarettes butts quite abundant. Trash left in side walk. Attended blocks door open to smoke. Had to walk thru smoke cloud to get to the lobby. The room TV remote didn't work and it was on, had to change room. That room fridge was working, had to push the stand against to socket to get power on for that and the microwave. An adult and child socks were left on the floor. Not really what I had in mind when booking Wyndham.

The price was fitting.

stay away

Rooms not ready at check in, checked in under wrong name, and was treated very rudely by manager. Once clerfied of their mistake, was not appologized too.

Pool

The hotel was located in a convenient area where we could...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were no small towels in the room when we arrived and none were available when we asked for some.

The hotel was located in a convenient area where we could walk to different restaurants and stores if we needed to. The beds were comfy and the children enjoyed swimming and playing in the pool. The staff was friendly as well.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Rooms were dirty.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were dirty. Big gap under the door we had to put a towel in front of it. Tooth paste still in sink from person before us. Toilet would not flush. Room smelled moldy. Air conditioner barely worked. Do not stay at this hotel.

Nothing fancy a little unsafe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Better security and work with people on early check in.

The guests was fighting smoking weed that was strong and traveled from room to room. Couldn't enjoy the pool nor outside because some guest's was fighting 2 grown men. Plus they charged me extra for checking I early even though I was staying for 4 or 5 nights. End up charging me almost $100.00 more then was quoted. So next time I'll use a different site or company or even both.

Pleasant
    • King Room - Smoking

Sheets were dingy not white spots of dirt and other things.

Pool access the fact the someone was at the front desk at all times for my every needs. But they need to check the comforters being put on the beds. They are very dingy.

Fright Night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillow was black, covered in mold!!!!!! Almost the entire thing! didnt notice it until after my child laid on it! Tub faucet was dripping, and had mold on caulking in places! TV did not work! Air took forever to cool down the room, I think it was about to go out! House keeping was trying to kick us out before check out time. Will not go back!

Got me near the pool like I requested. Pretty decent breakfast.

I will never stay here or at another Baymont or Wyndham ever again.

The shower pressure was awful, the faucet didn’t want to turn on. It smelled stale and musty in the room. It smelled terrible. When I booked through booking.com, I didn’t realize that the price shown was only for the Sunday night value. The Friday and Saturday nights I stayed there were more expensive than other actually nice hotels in the area. The concrete was chipping, overall the whole place was very run down and I was very disappointed was the quality based on how much I paid. This entire place needs renovated to be worthy of any price close to what I paid. I seriously considered just cancelling my reservation and going to another hotel as soon as I walked through the door of my room because it smelled that disgusting. The WiFi speed was mediocre.

The bed was comfortable

I will not stay here ever again.

I didn't like the way the staff handled my checkout. I didn't like the way housekeeping kept banging on my door harassing me before a late check out. I have NEVER had this issue with any other hotel.

Expensive and outdated hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bathroom light fell from the ceiling, the hotel is very outdated. The breakfast was horrible. Th he towels were severely stained. The fitted sheet elastic was completely broken which made sheet not fit the bed.

The beds were soft.

1 room not on bottom floor alergies to smoke could slee
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Had 3 rooms non smoking all refreshed for bottom floor called 2 hour be for we got there running late I said we have 3.rooms bottom floor non smoking I said Don't give them away

Staff

Good location for restaurants and shopping.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was provided with a room key but the housekeeper was still there when I arrived, sitting on the edge of the bed on her cell phone. I had to wait outside while she continued to clean.

Good location for restaurants and shopping.

Not impressed

There is a strange dial on the shower head which appears to be affixed to preserve water. It was extremely difficult to turn. The comforter had stains on it and the room had an odor. The entry to the room is from the outside.

It is in a good location if you like shopping.

Breakfast was okay and it’s a good location, you have a lot...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The pool can’t be used until the city comes to inspect it. The cleaning lady came in and only made one bed and that’s it didn’t put more towels or anything, we were confused when we came back at why she only did one bed and just leave. The receptionist was a little rude when I was checking out saying that I was checking out late when in fact I was checking out a whole day early.

Breakfast was okay and it’s a good location, you have a lot of restaurants near you.

The staff was friendly and helpful, which helped my...
    • Double Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

The room smelled like mildew, I spotted 2 roaches, there was a used condom left in the bathroom. In need of a remodel!

The staff was friendly and helpful, which helped my situation a lot! Good location.

Not good.
    • King Suite

Swimming pool not working. Ask for non-smoking and receive a smoking room. Cigarette hole in bed spread and ash tray in room. Could smell the smoke.

I liked the breakfast. Staff was nice.

Been staying in this motel since 80's. Liked location. Services. Not so sure now .Will see.

Coffee cups too small. Just did not have the same feeling as the Hampton properties. Parking lot needs an up date.

Location. Updating paint job. Employees were friendly and helpful. Price was great. Breakfast was ok Coffee great.

Pleasant as a whole, for I was "Safe and returned home Safe."
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room need to be refurbished.The carpet is dirty and worned,your furnishing is out of date especially for the money. Consider all and all the location of the hotel as to safe;it is very unsafe to get into;for there is not a turning lane to come into your location ;on coming traffic is coming fast and etc. Was vey scarey to me.

Your staff was very professional and "Cheerful."

We left early and we Won't be back !!!
    • Double Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Boom Lift right above my room with workers spray painting building. TV was not connected, ordered a queen bed got a full size bed. Had to be moved to another room.

Cheap room

Not impressed...will not return
    • Double Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Refrigerator wasn't working. Staff was having a very loud shouting match with a guest. It was so bad that someone had to step between them to prevent a very serious altercation. I was there for a funeral. These things didn't help the mood. Thought I was getting a double (2 beds), got 1 king size bed. Almost left a day early...not impressed

The only enjoyable things about my stay was how very nice and helpful the front desk clerk (India) was. The young lady from Ghana, in housekeeping was very pleasant as well.

Hospitality needs work.
    • Double Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Staff seemed preoccupied with whatever issues they were having with their paychecks while we were trying to check in. Also, we left an item in our room amd had to drive back from Atlanta to get it because nobody would go look for it for us.

The rooms were clean and the property was secure.

• King Room - Smoking

Noise from trafic and low water pressure

The staff was exceptional!!! India checked us in and made my nightmare of a day seem more bearable... she even noticed i had extra long hair so she gave me a few extra shampoo and conditioner bottles...

We had stayed at a Baymont Inn & Suites in Brentwood, Tennessee before and were highly satisfied.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It did not look like our bathroom had been cleaned. There was a dead bug upside down on the floor in the bathroom. It was late and we had to be up at 4 am our time to get to my son's turning blue ceremony for the Infantry division of the U.S. Army so I did not say anything.

You get what you pay for. I would consider this a 1 to 1.5 star hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We only received 2 sets of towels with 4 people on the reservation. We asked for more towels and I was sent to track down the housekeeping team to find some. Once I did find the housekeeper, she was all out and irritated that I had the nerve to ask for towels. She took me to the laundry room and opened the dryer (with her hands that had just been cleaning the bathroom) and checked to see if any were dry. Two towels fell out on the floor and she picked them back up and threw them back in the dryer. I was told that two towels would be sent to my room later when they were dry. They weren't. We ended up buying towels from Target and using those. We also only had 1 roll of toilet paper that was almost empty. We asked for more TP and that never came either. So we added that to our Target purchase. Parking is hard to find if you come in the evening.

Room was ready early for us to check in.

Room was not ready

Room was not ready Requested handicap room not given Front desk phoned the room at 2 am to see if we checked in I requested that we were so inconvenienced that our rooms should have been comped

will not return
    • King Room - Smoking

drain very slow in sink it was a smoking rm we did not ask for hair on floor in bathroom dogs tied to railing left for hrs and barked the entire time. room smelled awful glt some freshner to spray so we could handle it for one nite cancelled our second night

location and ckin staff pleasant

Close to Fort Benning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Prostitutes we’re down the hall from us working and also using drugs and fighting outside at 5 in the morning. Parking was terrible. Filthy.

Close to Fort Benning

THE PARKING WAS EXCELLENT.

THE STAY WAS VERY NICE.. THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T LIKE WAS HOUSEKEEPING COMING AND KNOCKING ON THE DOOR 30 TO 45 MINUTES BEFORE CHECKOUT TIME..

THE PARKING WAS EXCELLENT...

Hidden Treasure!

The WiFi was not available.

The breakfast was excellent and timely! Available at 6 am so we could get to Fort Benning Graduation on time! the staff was excellent! There was no WiFi during our stay cause the motel is transitioning. Over all the room was super clean and comfortable!

Never Stayed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Called front desk clerk I was going to be late and when I arrived the night audit told me I needed to wait because the front desk clerk went to get food, so I had to wait on front desk clerk which took so long to come then was told it was to late to check in since it was after 300am. So lost out of 60.00 dollars with no room so I had to stay in Griffin Ga where the nice lady help me out after I told her what happened with me. Next time the desk clerk need to bring his food so I don't have to wait.

wull stay there again

frindly, clean, good location and great price

No cold water

The Hotel needs to up grade its to old

The Hotel needs to up grade its to old

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great stay
    • King Room - Smoking

I liked the room. The staff was great. The pool is awesome.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good choice for overnight, inexpensive stay for comfort and privacy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was pretty tight, especially for trucks.

Very cozy room and private, staff was helpful with complicated payment.

I would never stay here again!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything the room was nasty

Found blood stains on both of the beds in the room

The bed was comfortable and it was close to many restaurants...

The room was not clean

The bed was comfortable and it was close to many restaurants

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They had bed bugs we did not stay

Overall the stay was good just some minor changes need have been taken care of.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

I didn’t like my face bowl wasn’t clean and had hair in the bowl with dirty ring. I also had a cockroach in my room.

Other than bed was comfortable.

Smoking room

The environment

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The comforter on the bed was a little dirty it always is

The comforter on the bed was a little dirty it always is

Comfy stay/ mediocre breakfast/ good location/ friendly staff

The break needs an upgrade. Sausage gravy is watery No meat Just eggs.

The beds are comfortable.

There was new bugs crawling on the floor every morning.

There was new bugs crawling on the floor every morning.

The breakfast was cold and not apealing.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was cold and not apealing.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Stay was great housekeeping rude
    • King Room - Smoking

The housekeeping bammed on the door so hard as if she was the police & I had 30 mins left til check out

It was very nice we enjoyed our stay

Nothing everything was good

Everything was good and clean and everyone was friendly

Never again

Got bed bug bite from room. They didnt tell me they where having construction. Had the nerve to charge me 2 nights

I would avoid

Dilapidated building with bugs in the bed. Cleaning crew did not do a good job either.

All staff memembers were really nice and helpful.

The WiFi was not working properly.

All staff memembers were really nice and helpful.

No where on their site did it say it was beside a dog...

No where on their site did it say it was beside a dog daycare or facility. The dogs would bark making a disruption.

The property did not have an elevator.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property did not have an elevator.

Pool was closed.

Pool was closed.

Location was good and safe
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Tried to get breakfast and the food was always out. The room had an old odor.

Location was good and safe

Pool still closed at 84 degrees out.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool still closed at 84 degrees out.

I liked the staff everyone was very friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The beds were extremely hard and high. Difficult for my disabled mother to get up on the bed

I liked the staff everyone was very friendly

The breakfast room was extremely hot.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast room was extremely hot. There was a box over the air conditioning controls and it was set to 83!!! Way to hot to enjoy breakfast.

I booked a smoking room and what I got was a regular room with a bag taped over the smoke detector.

Unclean, unsanitary.

Everything was wonderful.

Everything was wonderful.

Good for price room could be cleaner
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was still dirty all lien had stains should of been thrown out . Empty liquor bottles under bed pool wasn’t open

Area

OK for the price, nothing great
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Service at the Desk. The Lady that checked me in was very focused on Customer Satisfaction

Good
    • King Suite

Shower needs to be updated.

Clean

Everything was pretty good.

My sink did not drain good.

Everything was pretty good.

It was alright
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Horrible smell, the bathroom ceiling had stains on it. Possibly mold

Although overall was good, the ceiling had peeling paint.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Although overall was good, the ceiling had peeling paint.

Welcome Respite