Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Grand Rapids N/Walker 2 stars

2151 Holton Court North West, Grand Rapids, MI 49544, USA

#23 of 38 hotels in Grand Rapids

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Overall ...You get what you pay for and a little less.

Pretty noisy. Traffic noise and other outside noise. Couldn't be in the bathroom without the fan running and it was loud. The room was dark and showing its age.

Bkf .was better than most of this type. The front desk was very nice during check-in.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Had to attend a wedding and stay overnight. Wedding started off ok but than came apart,

We really could not fault the property. Room was somewhat noisy, I am not sure what was going on above us, may have been a storage room.

Hotel was clean, staff was very accommodating. Better than I expected from a mid-range hotel. Location was easy to find, chain restaurant adjacent.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

We would return for overall value and great staff.

Toilet got plugged up and sink emptied very slowly. Cable tv connections loose and video was tiling. Quality of breakfast could be improved.

Friendly staff, nice lobby and room. Hot breakfast is very convenient.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Clean room, lots of parking, friendly staff.
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

Person above us walked around for an house starting at 7 am in high heels, and it was very loud! Not hotels fault but still annoying. We missed breakfast as it ended at 9 am, so that was disappointing. Our room was directly across from housekeeping and we could hear them talking early in the morning as they kept the door open.

Staff were very friendly at front desk. Room was great. Having coffee available in the lobby was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast, the room, the...

The bed sheets did not fit and kept coming off

We were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast, the room, the property and mostly the staff. Over all it was a great stay and I would recommend it to friends.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Pleasantly surprised!
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was limited parking. The hallway outside our room was hot. The pool was very small, although clean.

Staff at check-in were friendly and helpful. There were cookies and infused water, as well as coffee available in the lobby. The room was very big and actually less expensive than it said online. Breakfast was several hot items (cheese omelets, potatoes, biscuits and gravy) as well as the usual continental breakfast buffet. There was also a nice sitting area outside with chairs and picnic tables.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Last-minute booking literally booked this room in 30 minutes Baymont in the quality hotel was not di

Room was comfortable breakfast was nice and eggs were not really nice sausage and biscuit breakfast was unexpectedly pleasant I drove about 17 miles to this hotel up a little further than I wanted to drive but I still got a good rate

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

It was enjoyable
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only complaint I had was the pillows could have softer, but I’m pretty picky about that and usually bring my own! Lol

Convenient drive to downtown Grand Rapids without downtown prices. We were attending ArtPrize. Friendly staff. Will come back again.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Average

Parking was a problem with many large trucks taking up 2 regular spaces at a time. Late night arrival not aware of parking areas etc ... inconvenienced by having to move vehicle. Trucks should be in designated back lot, so as not to inconvenience guests!!! Very inconsiderate.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The location is the best for my needs.

Bed/mattress not good, breakfast room too small.

The location is the best for my needs. I appreciate the cleanliness of the facitlity. We found the bed was not comfortable and the breakfast area is too small but overall we were happy with the stay

Pleasant stay and will be back again.

Night time light in hallways were very bright under door threshold and ambient light from parking lot still visible thru drawn curtains.

Very convenient location, pleasant surroundings; pool and work out facilities very good.

5.5
    Seems they shut down breakfast before the stated time...
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

The toilet was plugged and we had a wedding to get to, they couldn't ind the maintenance man to fix the problem. Then the tub backed up then the sink backed up. For 300.00+ you would have tried to fix the problems. Unless compensated we will NOT recommend this hotel. Thank you for listening, sure it didn't do any good tho. Marge Rivera.1153 WGlenlord Rd St. Joseph, Mi 49085

Seems they shut down breakfast before the stated time allotment. So we didn't get served. Very disappointed in this motel.

There room was very spacious clean and a overall great stay...
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator made a lot of noise while I was there

There room was very spacious clean and a overall great stay there.... The guy that checked me in was Soo friendly I wanted to get his number lmao.... But seriously he was a very kind man smiles and full of energy plus the gal that checked me out was amazing too...I told her about my concern for the loud fridge she wrote my complaint down and sent someone immediately to fix the problem...so the staff at this location was awesome

my stay 9/7/18 -9/9/18

booking site said cot could be put in room free of charge. when we arrived we were informed against fire code. was informed of the day of check in and the cost of the cot was 10.00. was sent an email but later in the same day after the check in. tub dirty with hair / worn thin shower curtain with holes at top/ bathroom floor was dirty / not swept.

quick check in /connecting rooms/ was accommodated

Nice

The bathroom sink being located as you enter the room very awkward, did not like that at all. The bathroom too small no trashcan and shower old and outdated. the bed was comfortable. The air did not work properly either.

The food was awesome but the room wasn't up to what we are used to for over $100

Breamfast area was poorly planned .
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

Breamfast area was poorly planned . People were crawling over each other just to get to the food. Needs more waffle makers that line didn!nt help those trying to get eggs and ( meat which went empty and was not refilled ) and it was only 0930. .

Pleased with our stay.
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

There was truly nothing that I didn't like.

Pretty much everything. It was close to our destination and everything was clean. The grounds were very well taken care of. The breakfast was very good. So, pretty much everything.

Decent for the price
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

There was construction and it would have been nice if the staff could have helped with alternate directions. They were having issues with charhing credit cards as well as making room cards/keys.

Very clean, spacious room, breakfast was decent.

Honest review

The room was in need of multiple little repairs and out dated. Breakfast was very so so, if I would of had time I would have went out for breakfast.

The staff is friendly, it's pretty clean, and very affordable.

Decent for the value and for families

the receptionist told us breakfast was until 11am but must have been mistaken because it was not available then next morning... It was posted that breakfast was over at 9am. Our loss for not paying attention to the sign but we had a toddler and baby in tow... feel the receptionist could have been clearer. Had a butthurt toddler because no waffles

Clean and comfy. Have stayed several times and generally enjoy staying here. Will likely stay here again in the future

We had no problems during our stay.

what didn't I like?.... Hmmm, I'd have to say that I had to check out, go home, make my own Breakfast , and clean my own room!!

We had no problems during our stay. The room was nice, spacious enough. The Breakfast when we had it was very good, the staff who ran it, were so gracious and always very friendly and smiling!! I had the waffles one morning, and had a little trouble figuring how to work it, she was right there lending a hand, with a smile on her face., and they were Great by the way!

Fulfilled the need to have a place to stay without costing a lot.

Our room smelled like someone had been smoking in it. The hallway smelled like someone smoking and burning incense. This just made me uncomfortable and set a bad tone for me. Also there's really no place to hang out. Very limited seating. After eating breakfast I wanted to sit down and talk to my husband for a few minutes before leaving and there wasn't room.

I liked the price. I liked the property had a pool and hot tub. I liked breakfast was included.

If you need a place to crash and can overlook their petty nit picking, this place might work.

We had two rooms, we were not there to relax, we got to use the gym one time, it was OK but we were not going to use the pool. On the second night, there were three kids with two hotel guests dressed down to go swimming, and obviously excited to go in the pool. The mother was talking to the woman at the desk who was not not allowing one of the girls in the pool and the parents are sitting there with kids ready to jump in the pool and it was obvious that no one was going to be allowed to swim. Again, we had two rooms and they gave us wrist bands to use the pool. Naturally, we offered to go to our rooms, get our wrist bands so the kids could swim and the family could be together. The woman at the desk said NO, the kids cried and that was that. The next day, at check out, we asked for a slightly later checkout, 120 /90/60/30 mins later than 11:00 AM. No is a fine answer but the absolute delight in delivering No seemed to be what the desk lady lived for. We discovered Midwestern nice ain't, they seemed like truly nasty people.

When we checked in, the blonde girl was very friendly and welcoming, we thought this was setting a tone for a great visit The breakfast was so so and it runs from 6-8:45. The first day we had it at 8:30 and it was OK. The second day we were there and at 8:40 we asked the Hispanic woman if there was more of the hot food and she rolled her eyes and gave a mildly apologetic look and said it is late, I do not want to make any more. Seriously? The hotel claims breakfast to 9:00 AM and the help decides that doing their job is just too troublesome?

Will not recommend or stay here again.

Pool was full of hair and the jets on the hot tub did not work. Asked about these items and was told maintenance man only works during the week. Yikes! Our key cards would not work for our room, had to keep asking for new ones. Stairwell smelled like dead fish.

Breakfast was very good. Beds were comfortable.

Suitable for a 1 night stay though too expensive for that quality

Bedding wasn't very comfortable. Cannot be sure about that but bed linen looked as if it was used and never changed. The air conditioner was very noisy. Very uncomfortable location of wash basin practically in the room

Good location close to the Grand Rapids airport. Good breakfast.

Staff was very rude!

Staff was very rude! Had no where to pack as they had half of the parking lot blocked off due to construction. I had to park in the hotel parking lot next to them and walk to our room!!!! Horrible horrible service!! Would not recommend

Poor
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

I booked a king hot tub suite and the communication between booking.com and the Baymont hotel is very poor I arrived to the location to be told there were no king suites available and my order came in for a Basic handicap room . I’m sorry I am not handicapped and this was supposed to be a very special night. I have paid $150.00 for a king hot tub suite and got stuck with the total opposite and the hotel and booking.com would not take responsibility for the mistake and continued to blame each other for the issue. I will never ever in life book any type of services through booking.com ever again!!

Non friendly but good price

I didn’t like in friendly staff , never smiled or greeted with a hello , good morning or have a great day or thank you for coming. The bed sheets had stains and room smelled musty when air was running or bathroom fan . Vending machines was broke first floor no sign that stated not working and it took ur money but no merchandise. The night desk staff said to me the light was out wasn’t it , I said well yes but there is no sign stating out of order nor did it say other machines in other floors . She rolled her eyes as she gave me back 1.25$ staff isn’t friendly and if they don’t like people then they shouldn’t work with public . The most unfriendly staff I’ve ever visited.

I liked it was walking distance to McDonald’s and meijer.

There was a issue with the tub not draining properly so...

There was a issue with the tub not draining properly so could I not take a bath, after my husband showered in the morning. They offered us a different room, but we were too short of time to move to a different room.

Fine

There was a bandaid on floor. I’m a nurse that was gross. Room was clean but I have seen cleaner. They need to vacuum better clean corners and check around trash a little better as bandaid was a child’s bandaid and was very colorful hard to miss.

Easy access to hospital.

😑

We couldn’t actually have the tv or radio on because of noise complaints. It was weird that anyone could even hear our tv or radio which was turned on medium volume. It made us very uncomfortable. We had 3-4 interruptions because we had the tv on. I will Not stay here ever again. The staff was very rude because they associated us with a noisy couple. My husband and I came to Grand Rapids for a romantic couples weekend. To have to keep quiet all weekend long or leave the room to have a normal volume talk. It was rediculous! Also the pictures of the hotel are very decieving.

one of our travelers left her car keys in the room.

one of our travelers left her car keys in the room. She called and I called and it seemed like they didn't have keys and were very unconcerned to check. I then called a day later and 8 hours later they returned a message saying they had them.

Horrible stay, rude worker's
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

Daughter was burned by chlorine bad enough to close the pool, staff didn't care never offered no help till 3 hours later

The breakfast was excellent

It was average at best, but not worth what I paid.
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

The back security door didn't lock. The room wasn't cleaned to my standards. The cleaning staff took up a lot of room in the hallway.

There was breakfast provided

overall it was a decent stay

The pool was freezing cold, the hot tub wasn't even like warm kind of depressing when you were looking forward to a nice relaxing time in it.

Nice breakfast bed was comfortable

Easy and convenient to get to.

Sheer on window was stained and dirty, window track had dead bugs in it. Hole in shower curtain and mold in the grout in floor tile next to the tub

Like the pillows

nice location, a bit over-priced for the product

bathroom had mold in the shower, the stairwells were not clean, for example, there was a lot of dust on the emergency lights and the carpet needed to be vacuumed

bed was nice, good location

I would stay here again

We were on the first floor and there was a lot of lobby and hallway noise well past 11. The staff was great each time we interacted with them

The breakfast was good and the room was very comfortable.

Will never choose Baymont again.

The staff were no where to be found and when they were present they were very rude. Hotel was extremely dirty and gross. Way to overpriced for what you got. Pool was broken and breakfast was hard and cold. Was told I was on my own when I noticed a clogged toilet upon check in. Front desk said I could grab a plunger from them downstairs or to not worry about the toilet that could not be flushed.

Worst hotel stay of my life. There was not a single thing that I liked and I will never stay here again.

Very loud kids up above us. Coudn't sleep for the noise. Front desk did take care of it twice. But l

Change the bathroom set up

I didn't like the bathroom set up. The sink was out in the open. No privacy for certain things. If your not with family that can be very uncomfortable.

I wont stay at a Baymont again. Left exhausted.
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

The bed was rock hard and the three small pillows were terrible. I didnt sleep the whole night tossing and turning just trying to get comfortable. I travel a lot, this was by far the worst ever...seriously thought about just trying to sleep on the floor, and would have if i thought it clean enough. Not worth $96.

The room was clean.

Worth the price but I expect better these days.

The free breakfast was not up to what is usually expected with the normal breakfast offerings. Just your basic pastries and cereals. Space was small. Many of the guests were contract workers who “took over” the common areas and were quite noisy. Every time I stopped at or walked by the front desk the staff wasn’t there but in a back office. It made me feel that anyone could have just walked into the hotel.

Good value. Easy highway access.

I loved the location.
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

I was not a huge fan of the breakfast though they did have a good selection. I didn't like that they wouldn't take my debit card. Luckily I had another way to pay. I was also not told where my room was. I had to figure it out. There was a couple of times I passed the staff and nothing was said to me.

I loved the location. It was near just about everything. I was able to get any food I wanted without being gone more than a few mintues.

I enjoyed our time there, but will probably never go back.

My husband and I brought our bathing suits in hopes of being able to relax in the pool and hot tub, but when we got there the pool and hot tub were closed for re-cementing... which is something I feel should have been told to us upon booking or at least when we checked in. I don't feel we should have been charged the entire amount since some of the amenities were not available. Had it been a mechanical issue I would understand. I also was not impressed with the carts and laundry bins we had to keep moving out of our in the hallways. Some of the conference rooms were being worked on and the bins in the hallway were blocking the hallways. It looked very unprofessional and not very organized.

Overall the room itself was clean and comfortable.

Overall it was nice!

Pool looked & smelled dirty, not enough towels in the room or pool, not enough pillows and took forever for house keeping to come!!

Room was very clean

Great hotel. Would definitely visit again.
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

I feel that the pricing was a little too much for the nights stayed.

Room was good size as well as bed, very comfortable. Easy access wherever i parked as well.

Disappointed
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Really noisy I struggled to sleep throughout the night. Strangely in the morning as I was coming back work my breakfast the receptionist and some gentleman were standing at my door, as I approached them and stated that that was my room and asked if there was a problem, the receptionist said no and that the gentleman needed to come into the room to check the wall colors. I was honestly horrified for the fact that I wasn't expecting that and couldn't remember if I had left out anything personal. The man went right in without hesitation and the receptionist quickly walked back to the front desk. For some reason this really bothered me that that even happened. I wasn't pleased with the state of the room or bathroom considering the cost as well.

Both front desk people the night before and the next morning were friendly. Very pleased with the breakfast that was offered.

Very nice!

toilet location...........see above

The ONLY REASON I didn't give it an excellent on all questions, was I absolutely hate when the toilet is in a different room than the sink. I don't understand this! You have to open the door to wash your hands................I have seen this before in hotel rooms and I just don't get it. The room was clean, location was great and the staff was very friendly!

I am a return customer to the hotel and will always make it my first choice.

The restaurants around the facility are lacking but a short drive to Alpine will provide ample options. It would be nice if the pillows were a little bigger (longer).

The front desk and housekeeping staffs are great. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is just off the expressway. An easy commute to Alpine and downtown. Nice continental breakfast.

It was ok...

The room had a strong smell of mildew. They insisted on making a photo copy of my credit card. They said they had to send it to corporate.

It was convenient to get on the expressway. The breakfast selection was good. The rooms were clean.

There was a dirty rag tucked inside the clean towels, and I...

There was a dirty rag tucked inside the clean towels, and I never received the wakeup call I asked for. The manager apologized, but ultimately never made any concession on the price I paid. Will not return.

Bed was comfy, room was clean otherwise nothing spectacular.

Where's the Kleenex!!! Never been to a hotel that didn't have tissue!

Bed was comfy, room was clean otherwise nothing spectacular. Typical hotel room.

Would not hesitate to book again!
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

Staff was great! Room was great! Easy check in and check out! I definitely would stay again if I'm in the area! Room was very clean and welcoming.

Nice clean, modern hotel.
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nice clean, modern hotel. Room was very comfortable. Pool was nice. Breakfast was delicious. Staff seemed short-handed most the weekend, but that was only a modern inconvenience. Overall, great place to stay.

I would stay here again.
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

I smoke. Loved going out to the little bench outside BUT no one ever empties the trash out there. What an eye sore!!

location was perfect for us. Stayed here before. Clean. I would have to rate the non - front desk workers a lot more friendly and helpful. No one ever at front desk unless you are checking in.

I expected more from Wyndham Hotels.

The bedroom furniture was shabby. The rugs in the reception area, entry ways , and elevator needed to be cleaned and vacuumed. The quality of the food in the buffet was poor.

The bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable. The exterior was neat.

Good motel in a great location for me.
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

Needs some repair and updating, which is not reflected in the price of rooms. Bathroom had minor repairs that looked to be in disrepair for a while.

Quality professional staff.

Decent
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Getting into parking lot had a steep incline. Room could use a bit more upkeep and updating.

Location was right off the highway which was convenient. Staff was always friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Disappointed at the policy and rationale of not being able to check in until exactly 3 pm.

The front desk would not allow us to check in until exactly 3 pm saying that the rooms would not be ready until 3. We asked for suggestions for something to do in the hour we would have to wait and Brandi was not helpful at all. We came back at 2:45 and again were told we could not check in until exactly 3 as the rooms would not be ready until then.

The hotel was pleasant and accommodating, I would book again.

The towels were a little small and thin, however they were nice and clean.

Comfortable bed and good size room. Cleaning staff did a nice job of refreshing the room. Loved the warm cookies.

A recommended place to stay in the Grandb Rapids area

Parking spots were a little tight. The entrance from the main road could have been marked better, difficult to see at night.

It was very quiet, clean. Staff were efficient and friendly. Breakfast was more than adequate.

The IT guy was very helpful

Remote was in consistent, had trouble getting on internet, got 2 wake up calls in the 5 am hour and I did not set these up!!

The IT guy was very helpful

Nice Motel, a little pricy.

Everything was ok

Great bed, large room, Air conditioner worked great but to loud. Breakfast just ok, nothing special. Overall experience ok but a bit pricy. Was easy highway access to downtown. Shower was great.

The bed was very comfortable & the bedding was soft...

The shower curtain had some holes in it, but didn't take away from it's functionality.

The bed was very comfortable & the bedding was soft & fluffy & smelled very clean. The whole room was very clean!

Highly recommend this property

Mostly carbs. I believe there had been bananas, apples and oranges but all that was out was apples. Get up earlier I guess for fruit selection or have re supply more often.

Lovely!! Comfy, clean and everything I hope for in accommodations away from home!

Will not Stay at this hotel again
    • Queen Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

the towels were HORRIBLE! The entire hotel needs to be refubished. I was there 10 years ago and it had stood still in time. BReakfast should be served to at least 10:00

the only thing I liked was the room was clean and the wifi

Nice comfortable stay.

As above, thought it was a little expensive for what you got.

NIce people, clean comfortable room with very comfortable beds and nice comforter. Great stay, a bit on the expensive side.

The room was great.

The hot tub could use some work. The jets need to be adjusted.

The room was great. The bed was comfortable but I had too much on my mind to sleep much. You had all the amenities that I and my husband had wanted. He was impressed.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Nice place, convenient location.
    • Business King Suite - Non-Smoking

The noise from the floor above. The approach to the hotel was strange. Signage could have been better directing to the front of the hotel.

Size of the room, and that there was a separate shower and toilet area from the sink area.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Perfect!

There isn't one thing I didn't like about this hotel.

Stayed 5 days 4 nights and it was very pleasant. Quiet, clean and super helpful and nice staff! I don't have one complaint! Perfect place to stay!

Could have been more honest about payments
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Even though I was paying cash, they still held the full amount on my credit card. Plus they took an additional amount. The front desk could not figure out why.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great for the price
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a little longer hours for breakfast. 7-9 not quite late enough. I'm on vacation, I don't want to get up early to eat.

The hot tub in the room was excellent and well worth the extra money. Room was clean and bed was comfy.

The person who checked us in after midnite was not all there.

Room overpriced. Cleanliness was ok other than a few hairs I found on bathtub/shower faucet and bathroom counter near sink.

The person who checked us in after midnite was not all there. I gave her a different credit card other than what I used to book room with and she ran the card, had my husband sign it, and it still went on the card I booked room with! Didn't notice till after we left facility. Way to go person who worked after midnite sat nite! Other than that room was ok overpriced for what we got!We have stayed in better hotels.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Nice place to stay in a quiet location

The noise for the other guests above us. Seems the rooms are not sound insulated very well.

Location to other things such as food, shopping and the airport

The stay was relaxing before a long day at work.

Breakfast bar not open early enough on Sunday.

Clean and comfortable with friendly helpful staff. The breakfast bar does not open early enough on Sundays.