Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham LaGrange 3 stars

107 Hoffman Drive, LaGrange, GA 30241, USA

#7 of 10 hotels in LaGrange

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Facilities were clean overall.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The linens were fresh and clean. The room did smell a bit musty when we first entered, but the AC soon cleared that up. The bath towels were a bit on the small side.

Facilities were clean overall. The place was easy to find, and see from the road. The breakfast was typical and adequate. Plenty of seating room in the breakfast area.

Never Stay Here!

Hard to find. Dirty furniture. Broken TV. Crappy value. Embarassed I stayef but late arrival. One of the worst.

Nice evening reception clerk. Everything else below par. 😠

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The front desk staff was super nice.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The plumbing in our room needed repairs. They didn’t make our beds one of the days we were there although we asked them to.

The front desk staff was super nice. The room was clean when we got there but not kept well during our stay.

I had to leave after staying overnight due to bed bugs
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed bugs. Eating area. Swimming pool area. Looked very unclean and not appealing in the lobby.

I didn't like anything. The property need an upgrade.

We were compensated 10% for a less-than-pristine room.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had hairs in tub, on toilet, and in sink. Room hadn't been dusted in a while. Sheets had stains on them.

We were compensated 10% for a less-than-pristine room. Courteous desk staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

It was a very unpleasant stay hope next time it's netter
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room keys were not working kept locking me outside and had to walk around the building to get in through the front and the room that we were going to get was not ready ended up after going into three rooms finally found one for us once we got the room we stayed there three nights and we received no room service the entire time we stayed there this was the first time this ever happened to me at this place stay there all the time

The indoor pool the price and the location

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The estranged maintenance man!

I liked how easy the hotel was to find, it was very close to everything you’d need, gas station right in front of hotel, couple restaurants & the strip area for shopping. The rooms were pretty nice, could use a deeeeeep clean, the staff I did come in contact with while there were nice except one man that worked there- he was very unprofessional & very strange, he showed up at my hotel room trying to walk in. Other than that everything was great, they have great breakfast, you make your own homemade waffles. The indoor pool is nice also & hot tube!

The room was clean the breakfast was good the lady that...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was water leaking all over the floor in the vending area.

The room was clean the breakfast was good the lady that cleaned our room was very nice.

Not pleased
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet tack strip was exposed which my son stepped on and stuck his foot. The hairdryer almost caught fire also. The breakfast was very limited.

Pool and hot tub was nice

was not your fault...... that area seems to have a high amount of low income uneducated rude people

Rude people / also, i was awoken at 10pm and asked by clerk to keep my kids contained they were getting complaint's from other guests and if I did not stop them they would MAKE me leave..... she kept talking ! and would not allow me to even speak....after she finished her rant... I simply said, Lady, I don't have any Kids, and you awoke both my wife and I at 10 pm. Did she say (I'm Sorry ? )....click ! was all I heard. And Kids running upstairs.....NICE

NO EGGS ! :) It looked like a ZOO feeding ! Way too many people and not enough food for the HUNGRY ANIMALS that seemed to starving !! may need to feed your guests more..... My wife and I did not feel safe and we went to I Hop.

It was not a bad stay, but have deleted Baymont (i.e., Wyndham) from my preference list.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Not having adequate coffee/tea in room. I would like to get up and fix a cup of tea without having to go out. If wife was with me, fixing her a coffee first thing is mandatory; only had decaf in room with single cup maker. Overall the appearance was nice, but it was only a veneer, facilities were made cheap and people upstairs could be heard walking around like elephants. The bath was minuscule and the HVAC unit was not temperature adjustable. I honestly expected better facilities (being Wyndham), but this seems to be typical of Patel owned motels.

Having waffle maker in lobby for breakfast, mini-fridge and micro-wave in room.

I didn't like that the housekeeper didn't clean our...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the housekeeper didn't clean our room. She didn't leave any clean towels or bath cloths. Had to go to the front desk for our towels, bath cloths, tissue etc. The Trash wasn't taken out nor our beds made. The front desk clerk was very nice he explained to us. That they had 42 check out rooms and only 3 housekeepers. He apologized, but other than that everything was great! Definitely would stay again.

Will not stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Reserved smoking room, when I tried to check in, I was told there was none available. The safety lock on the door was broken. The blanket had body fluid stains on it.The breakfast was stale muffins.

Mattress was comfortable

Horrible
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Once I arrived i was told i had a smoking room when i booked a non smoking room they guy at the front desk was very nice he stated sometimes the system can book you for a non smoking but if they are over booked or booked up which they were it kicks you to a smoking room so i was like ok he stated ill give you some febreze. After i checked in got into the room it was very small then i start to notice a bugs which was a roach a very small one so i was going to go back to the front desk & let the guy who checked me in know but I decided to just let it go later that night I noticed other one. That morning i get up go to the bathroom there goes other once i go to the front desk let her know whats going on she stated we had a long term tenant in that room but i will call the exterminator again to have him to spray so I advised her to have the manager to contact me i still haven’t received a call yet so my stay here wasn’t so pleasant i give this room a zero if I could.

Location was great

Ther location was very convenient for access to the...

The staff made you feel like you were an inconvenience and the price was too high in my opinion. The bathroom had pubic hair on the toilet. We asked for a cleaning & were assured someone would come & take care of it. No one did. When we followed up, they simply said housekeeping was already gone for the evening. The breakfast "bar" had stale pastries and old fruit.

Ther location was very convenient for access to the interstate as well as downtown. The indoor hot tub was nice but very high chlorine.

Other than the issue with the pet everything was fine.

This location has a lot of construction workers staying here Monday thru Friday. Parking lot is a bit tight. Not much room for truck parking. I didn't like the fact that they charged me an extra $10 for having my pet with me. I told the front desk clerk that I didn't want room service since I had my pet with me. She basically freaked out and started listing off all these rules they had about pets. Nobody asked me at check in if I had pets, nor did I see anything other than that this hotel was pet friendly on the booking.com site. I thought all my charges went thru booking.com, but they put the charges on the bill all the same.

Rooms were clean and comfortable for the price. Ho hum breakfast, but restaurants are within walking distance.

Good for a one-night stopover.

Bathroom is tiny but functional. It was warm in room and at 3:30 I discovered that the drapes were trapping cool air and turning off thermostat. That needs to be redesigned. At breakfast, all the cleaning staff congregated in breakfast area and were very noisy.

Very clean. Location is just off interstate and has restaurants nearby. Good for one-night stay.

We had a really good experience at Baymont and our grandson...

We had a really good experience at Baymont and our grandson loved the indoor pool. In the six nights we spent on the road, this was by far his favorite.

My stay here exceeded my expectations and I will most definitely be coming back!
    • King Room - Smoking

The only thing that I was bothered by was the vending machine... It closes the gap as you try to get what you purchased, so you are unable to get it out, but it didn't affect my overall satisfaction with my stay here.

The comfortable atmosphere of the room and of the mattress were an unexpected pleasure; not to mention the convenience of the location, being within walking distance of so many restaurants and gas stations, was great as well. Also, the indoor pool and hot tub were a fabulous plus.

Housekeeping does not give you time to answer says housekeeping open your door and walks right in wh
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot tub and indoor pool was nowhere near hot enough the hot tub jets did not work and definitely didn't like the fact that the lady who cleaned our room did not knock and say housekeeping she said housekeeping and open the door and came straight in an the hot tub was not very clean.

Location was not bad a little hard to get in and out of but close to restaurants

Great stay for a great value, clean room, pool and breakfast a big bonus!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was cold outside, so I visited the fitness room to run. It's small with a treadmill and stationary bike. The treadmill was a little older but still worked fine. The room could use a little attention though, maybe some water to drink. Overall, no big deal. It served it's purpose but nothing wow.

Pool and hot tub were great! The kids loved swimming and it was a great way to wind down after a fun day. The pool and spa had just been completely redone- so they were like brand new! Very clean. Breakfast was great, we loved the waffle maker! Every staff member we came in contact with was nice, polite, helpful, professional and very friendly. It's located right off the interstate and was a short 15 minute drive to Callaway Gardens for our weekend's activities. Very nice place for the value. We would certainly stay here again!

It's a great hotel.

Online I booked a king room but when I got there is had to get one with 2 queen beds. I didn't get what I really wanted.

Everything, I've been there before.

It was ok not my best

We left at 3 after lunch to go to Calaway gardens and got called back to room because they said the dog was barking and desturbing the other guest so my dad had to sell his ticket to Calaway to stay at hotel with dog. It’s pet friendly and the other people were slamming doors and walking hard up in the room on the floor above us so the dog was barking at that. What do u expect a dog NOT to bark at someone making noise like that. It’s pet friendly hotel it’s foing to happen. They not going to be quite like a cat. ReLly reduclious Then someone drunk guy that was actually staying there was sitting in lobby with a six pack of beer and asked my 15 year old daughter if she wanted a beer. And the next day tried to get me to by him more beer.

Location was great

I did not like tat they had not received anything from...

Bookin.com's failure to follow through with hotels and make reservations which they had confirmed to me by email.

I did not like tat they had not received anything from Booking.com and did not have a reservation for me ... in spite of my having received a written confirmation number from Booking.com which I printed and had with me. Please see the lengthy review which I submitted regarding Callaway Gardens, where I had a reservation on the previous night .... and they did not have a reservation for me either. Booking .com had not contacted either hotel to make a reservation for me, although they had sent email confirmations of room reservations at both places. This caused a lot of stress on a late arrival Friday night at Callaway Gardens ..... they went out of their way to accommodate me. I will not use booking.com again. One hotel not having anything from you was bad, but then having a second one the next night was totally inexcusable!!!

very nice except for luggage issue
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Accidentally left a bag with swimsuits and shoes, but it has not been recovered.Feel stupid that I left it, but it definitely had to be in the room.

Pool was great Nice breakfast Jimmy at desk was super.

Great place to stay when you're travelling.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were clean and comfortable. We loved the indoor pool. It kept the granddaughter very happy. Staff couldn't have been more courteous and helpful. We will definitely check on staying at a Baymont Inn again

Very nice hotel. Would definitely stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower curtain rod was coming off the wall so the curtain wouldn't stay shut. Microwave wouldn't pop popcorn.

Good breakfast. Clean facilities. Comfortable beds.

Will not stay here again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

There was no elevator, the whole building smelled funny, and the smoking room had a bag over the smoke detector. Also They checked someone else into our room. I had just finished getting dressed when someone came barging in our room. If we hadn't been in there they would have had access to our laptops, my dslr camera and everything we had with us.

The front desk staff was pretty friendly.

Skip it - unless you're a smoker.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The property has an odd odor, not necessarily bad, just odd. This is an older hotel and it shows - wear on the carpet, dings and dents in the room - although it appears to be fairly clean. It is a 2-story hotel but there is NO ELEVATOR which could be a major problem for folks with disabilities or health issues. The only reason to stay here and not the LaQuinta (that is literally steps away!) is because they offer a few hard to find smoking rooms.

I like that they offered smoking rooms and are centrally located in LaGrange. They have a large indoor pool and the staff were friendly and helpful.

the room is clean and quiet.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

They had only one smoking room left so we had no choice. It was not pleasant! But I cannot blame them. It was too difficult to find an economic room when so many Floridians heading north to escape Irma.

the room is clean and quiet. beds are comfortable. Window can be opened to have some fresh air which is important for us. Free wifi with very fast speed. Very nice staff. They provide fruits for breakfast.

It was okay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was cold you could not get in it it was too cold the hot tub was nasty .

The price was really good with staff was really nice the bad one OK the rooms were clean

We booked two different rooms.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We booked two different rooms...one for myself and my wife (no problem there) and one for a friend who was traveling with us. We were there for our granddaughter's graduation at Auburn. The room that I booked for my friend was supposed to be 2 queen size beds...what the booking had shown was available. She was given a conference room with a murphy bed with crappy furniture and not even a bedside light. It was dirty and worn and not suitable in the least. This was our first stay with Baymont. Even though we had a good experience, our friend did not. They explained that they had "upgraded" her to a suite because they needed the queen beds...that is so far from the truth. When you book a room you need to deliver what you were paid for....just saying.

fun family place
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

the hot tub looked rough a bit dirty due to old tile/paint

very comfortable bedding, friendly helpful staff breakfast was great, very clean breakfast area. really enjoyed the indoor pool.

Indoor pool and hot tub
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

When I booked online, $ held for reservation. When I arrived had to pay hotel. Double charge on my acct. Will be refunded in 3-6 days not cool.

Indoor pool and hot tub

Great Stay

More selections for breakfast and there was no elevator.I did n ot like that at all.But we were abke to switch one room to downstairs for my older family members.

Clean and convience to road.Also staff Mr Jimmy was very nice over the phone and at check in.

Good place to stay for the money. Also very convenient to the highway, restaurants, etc.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The heater in our shower room did not work and there was no fan. You could see the effects of that in mildew on the floor and bottom of the shower curtain, and in peeling on the ceiling. Carpets in hallway and lobby area needed cleaning (vacuuming and shampooing).

Staff was very friendly and very helpful.

Did not get the booked room. They were out of non smoking room. Was provided with a lower value substitute. Bath tub floor had a built up of dried up soap.the room door would not readily close. King size bed with very small pillows. This is the 2nd time that Booking has failed me. The last time was in Eufala Al A year ago on arrival there were no rooms available even though it had been booked 2 hrs earlier. I am done with Booking.

I will not come back
    • King Room - Smoking

Everything! This hotel was just very old and stinky and ragedy...the pool was NASTY as well as the hot tub that FYI did not even work.

Nothing! Very old very smelly and the lavishly posted pool was GROSS!!!!!

Great value, with large comfy room.
    • King Room - Smoking

I thought everything was fine and very good for the price point.

This is an older property, so it wasn't chic, however, the room was comfortable and large. Everything that we needed was handy and the staff were all very nice. It was a terrific choice for an overnight stay and the breakfast, though not elaborate, was great.

Cleanliness and lack of a lobby.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Cleanliness and lack of a lobby. The carpet was pretty old. The furniture was just ok. The bathroom was so small that it was hard to shut the door without hitting part of your body.

Paid to much for a poor room.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room is dingy looking. The rugs is dirty (2 room views). The bathroom has water damage to the ceiling and the toilet was dirty inside the lid crease. The hot tub area is horrible.And last not least... spiders coming from under the door way. Breakfast.... noooo... it's more like pastry dining.

The hotel is nothing like it is pictured online.

I will never stay here again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I called before booking to see if Jacuzzi was working got there to get in it and found out it was tore up for several days. Staff was aweful and shower curtain was very dirty

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Clearly a good value for the money.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our group had 3 rooms altogether. One of the rooms was next to a room whose occupants were smoking - I assume weed. The smell was extremely strong. Basically it continued through my stay. I complained and the staff did give us a discount of 10% but as I indicated to the staff person I would have rather been moved.

Clearly a good value for the money. Breakfast was sufficient and the staff nice enough. Overall with one exception very pleased with our stay.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Look for other motels.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Plenty about housekeeping. Found 3 black hairs on bed that I didn't use. (2doubles). Small spider crawling on my pillow. Took it to manager and he said sorry. I would guess that my sheets might have been changed twice out of five days. Leaves on floor from first night that were never vaccuumed. Doubt floor was swept at all during my stay. I stayed at this property on a business trip due to comfortable distance from Atlanta. I was offered no compensation for such lousy housekeeping. I called manager to room to show first hand what I described above. I expected more from a Wyndham affiliated property. It states they also have breakfast. It consisted of muffins, cereal, juice coffee a D waffle. Nothing hot. I would not advise staying g there. Much better choices available.

Price

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Clean, quiet, inviting.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot tub stains were not inviting. You need to redo cosmetically. Towels were low grade but adequate. No gluten free choices of breakfast other than bananas. Electrical outlet missing cover-plate.

I am a very light sleeper and did not wake up once. Staff was awesome. Easy access to interstate, dining, shopping. VERY comfortable beds. Clean! We would definitely come again.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Great location, clean and quiet, good staff.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No sausage at breakfast. Coffee packet from previous client was left in coffee maker.

Great location close to restaurant and off main road. Quiet.Secure key entry back doors.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

overall we enjoyed our visit there.

Would have liked more choices or a hot breakfast.

Enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Did my look real clean though we swam and enjoyed pol and hot tub anyway.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

We were three adults traveling together.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We were three adults traveling together. The room I booked had only 2 chairs( 1 being a straight chair). staff could not help with a third chair. We had to rent two rooms in order to have a chair for all to sit. it seems very expensive to me and not helpful at all. I would not plan to stay here again. very disappointed!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Meh

Didn't feel clean and the bed was not comfortable. I usually sleep on a very soft bed, so I had a hard time on the very firm bed.

Location is right off the highway, close to town and restaurants. Indoor pool was nice. Continental breakfast had a good variety. Staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Check in attendant was one of the best I’ve met.

Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevators to the second floor, that I knew of .

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a pet friendly hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Modest facility for modest price.

Breakfast area is small.

Value of the room and the pool.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Bathroom was way to small.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was way to small. Room was very dated as was lobby and breakfast area. Did not like set up of the room

Rooms were clean, nice having indoor pool
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Indoor swimming pool was freezing!!!

Rooms were clean, nice having indoor pool

It was fair
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They need to clean the rooms better and the pillows are horrible

The pool and breakfast

Great deal for your money.

My booking through third party said it was paid but r4

Great deal for your money.Good staff, good location and clean and comfortable

Bathroom walls were very dirty and moldy.

Bathroom walls were very dirty and moldy.Unaccepatble

Good

Pool could of stayed open longer

The room was excellent

Standard
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is poor. Cold eggs. I expect warm food.

April, were very kind. The staff is kind.

Staff was awesome!

The knock at the door saying room service at 8 am

Staff was awesome! Facility clean and comfy

This hotel was clean and that’s important. Friendly staff

Needs a little updating.

Clean rooms and nice indoor pool.

I enjoyed my stay here

There were no eggs or sausage

You can make waffles for breakfast!

The view from our room was the parking lot.

The view from our room was the parking lot. We were not expecting a resort. The breakfast choices were good, especially boiled eggs.

We stayed two nights, and had a great experience

Great hotel. Recommend it highly.

VERY NICE

MATRESS COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER

Bed could have been a little softer, but other wise great.

Location and kids loved the indoor pool.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet was clogged in room

Location and kids loved the indoor pool.

I won't stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Smoke smell all over the hotel, 2 lights in our room didn't work.

Very good location especially to the interstate and...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms need new paint job

Very good location especially to the interstate and restaurants

it was an amazing experience. i will definitely stay again.

n/a

The location and the cleanliness

There was no elevator on the property

There was no elevator on the property

Stay was good & pleasant
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The breakfast (no eggs,no meats,no fruits, just banana,cereal,bread,& beverages)

The cleanliness & friendly attitudes

Our stay was pleasant and comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk hostess was comfortable to talk with and friendly.

Old building needs renovation

Several broken items.

Staff handled all complaints very quickly

Overall a good experience.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet too low. Carpet a little ragged. Housekeeping comes too early.

It was convenient and had an indoor pool. The kids loved that,

We did not stay in the hotel much but when we were there it was great.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The heat lamp in the bathroom didn’t work

Close to different restaurants