Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Mackinaw City 3 stars

109 South Nicolet, Mackinaw City, MI 49701, USA

#2 of 35 hotels in Mackinaw City

Last night in the north

Was disappointed over location, although it worked fine - I prefer to be on the lake, but we were close and that counts. The facility made up for it by being clean in all areas.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful - especially Dana who helped me add an additional night to my booking. Staff always had a smile and a "how are you". Houskeeping was prompt. And WiFi actually worked!

Nicest hotel in Mackinaw City!
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Nicest hotel in Mackinaw City! The rooms are very clean, the staff is extremely friendly, and the pool area is the nicest in Mackinaw! I would recommend this to anyone looking to get away. It’s walking distance to the city, walking distance to the Mackinaw Island Ferries. I will never stay anywhere else when we go to the city! We will definitely be back next year!

The location was great

Saw check-in lady act rude to other guests which made me uncomfortable. the next day check-in staff was rude to me when I asked about the island. She was obviously much more content sitting on the chair around the corner than helping guests

The location was great

Unenthused about breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in queen room. The lady who was maintaining the breakfast area used her bare hand to compress garbage in the garbage can (sticking it all the way in) and then proceeded to rearrange things on the breakfast bar. She also brought food out without gloves. Styrofoam plates instead of paper. Eggs were poor.

Location was perfect.

Great location and price

They had limited TV channels and some of them were not in HD. The rooms were nice but could be updated a little bit.

The room was nice. The location is great.

SEE ABOVE

SEE ABOVE

The pillows were really rubbery! They hurt my neck! The eggs were made elsewhere and reheated. The breakfast sausage was made in with vegetable protein or turkey and tasted like reheat in a microwave oven style. There was no microwave oven in the room. There was no refrigerator in the room. There was no safe in the room. Without these three in- room features the room rate was too high for what was given.

Great place to stay and shuttle to the marina to catch the boats to Mackinaw Island!

The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great, waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal and fruit, etc.... very nice! Also like the convenience of the Shuttle to Sheplers from the hotel, an added bonus. Overall our two day stay was very nice.

We want to come back next spring with all my daughters for mother's day weekend.

The bottom of the tub could have used a scrubbing (but it might have been grounded in)

Great breakfast - love the waffles - daughter loved the small waffles and was happy you had tea Close to everything we wanted (boat to the island and shopping)!

Gary went out of his way to make us comfortable .

Leaving

Gary went out of his way to make us comfortable . It will be because of his kindness that we will return to Baymont every time we go to Mackinac.

I liked that it wasnt on the strip with all the other hotels...
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the door to outside on the side of the building was not locked at all during our stay. It says you need your key card to enter but you could just walk right in, and our room was right next to the door.

I liked that it wasnt on the strip with all the other hotels, it was quiet and relaxing. We had the room with the jacuzzi, and I loved the set up of the room!

Great stay at Mackinaw city

Overall very nice facility, clean, fairly comfortable bed. Appreciate that they allow pets. We did not like that there was no fridge or microwave in the room - especially because we were traveling with a pet and couldn’t go out to eat. Breakfast was underwhelming but pretty much what we expected. Location was great and nice walking distance to the downtown area and the lake/bridge area. We would definitely stay here again.

Disaster after bedbugs were discovered.

Bedbugs in friend's room. Disrupted our entire stay. Terrible experience!

Not much except breakfast staff was very accommodating, friendly and efficient.

Good room size and the bed was so comfortable.

The lady doing the breakfast was as rude as hell. It felt like I was not welcome because of my skin colour. I had to asked my husband to get me something instead as the lady would chat to him and act all nice.

Good room size and the bed was so comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi opened till 10pm.

I would not stay here again.

Staff gave me a hard time about my service dog and that really disappointed me. I have incurable cancer and I need my dog as a companion. The rooms were not that great. Bathrooms needs updating. There was no microwave and I had to request a small fridge. Also we could hear the people and dog barking next to our room :(

Breakfast was okay. It was close to Center Dr.

Peoperty is clean and neat and very near the StarLine por to Mackinack City

We arrived late at night and there’s only one staff to manage and take care of everything. it took us a while to checkin

it was very near the boat dock going to Mackinac Island

Ok for the money.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is good....location very good close to restaurants and ferry to the Island. But breakfast was AWFUL food bland,stale and just plain unappetizing. The lady in charge of the breakfast area was RUDE.

I called the night before, we heard the weather was going to be great and we wante to see the stars.

I have nothing bad to say about our stay. We enjoyed ourselves immensely..

Very clean .shower loved the shower head... great, bed very comfortable..Very good breakfast.. Was very quiet, good for sleeping..

Disappointing.

See above.

Breakfast was horrible. Rubber microwaved? Eggs.? Instant oatmeal that is not nutritious because of add in’s & sugar! The coffee was the worst I’ve ever tasted. Too hot and water like. The carpeting in the foyer/ bathroom area of the room can only be s hygienic nightmare. That area should all be tiled so it can be sanitized. For the safety of all guests every room should have grab bars in the bath tubs or in all walk-in showers. Based on the grey hair I saw at breakfast it would be an age appropriate safety feature for all your guests. The gentlemen who helped me with bags were both gentlemen. Some of the women at the desk could be warmer personalities. No plans to use your facilities again.

Most respectable staff I’ve ever meet

The staff was amazing! They left a note telling us to have a good time at the island, very respectable. They upgraded our room for the same price as the other we have booked. Anytime I go back I will always be staying at this hotel.

Call ahead if you're bringing Fido or else they're unpleasant

Upon check-in, the front hotel staff was unfriendly. They didn't receive my comments that I was bringing a dog and then acted like it was a huge inconvenience blaming me for the error repeatedly. Appropriate response would have been let me see what I can do. They did get an extra $50 for the room. When I asked about the room location again I was cut off and told it was good.

Big, clean, comfortable rooms with hot shower in a good, central location

Very comfortable--would stay again!

Wish it was closer to main street of town.

Clean, Good Service--"answered questions about restaurants well." Comfortable beds. Enjoyed hot tub. Good breakfast with hot eggs, waffles, sausage and fresh fruit.

Had a very busy schedule. Didn't stay in room long. For the price, was a good place to stay.

Expected more from the breakfast, but maybe this is average for the area. Good enough to get your day started.

Within short walking distance of most attractions in Mackinaw City.

Upon arrival and throughout our stay, the staff was confrontational.

Staff, accommodations vs. value, breakfast items substandard.

Staff was unaccommodating with horrible attitudes. We were made to feel unimportant and our presence at their property was obviously a great inconvenience to them.

stayed for the location

The breakfast could have been better, the coffee was poor quality instant.

The building was quiet, much better than many hotels and this was a busy weekend.

Even though the hotel said it is pet friendly, it is not!

Even though the hotel said it is pet friendly, it is not! Do not stay there is you are traveling with a dog. They have you sign a contract stating that if you step out of room and dog barks you will be charged $200.00. That is crazy!!! Will not be staying at Baymont again!

Very nice place to stay and was in walking distance to downtown.

The room air conditioner was very noisy and should be updated. The small coffee pots in the room were flimsy and the coffee wasn't very good.

Staff was very helpful and the rooms were very clean.

spent most of time out of room accept for sleeping and showering
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Bed too soft told all beds at this location are the same. Bathtub floor very slippery had to put hand towel down to keep from slipping. Air condsioning vents needed cleaning

Location easy access to all shopping and eating out and events

The beds were comfortable, the location was easy to find and...

The breakfast was good, but the area was a little tight for moving around. The water pressure was a little lacking but nothing I couldn't handle and was able to rinse off.

The beds were comfortable, the location was easy to find and also walkable to town, lots of parking, the A/C worked well. Overall I would stay again.

disappointing

The price of the room at over $200.00 a night was a compete ripoff. The price of the room the next night was half. You jacked up the price for the special event in town and that does not seem fair. Total, including taxes, was almost $500.00 I could have stayed in Manhattan for that price.

Just fair

The smell in my room was terrible. I had to use rubbing alcohol to help get rid of smell.

The breakfast was very nice; good selection of items to choose from.

Great facility just a few minutes away from all town attractions

Well ... I suppose I prefer shady properties with gardens but this one does not have such things ... that's just a downside of any place in a town, though.

Great bed and quiet but easily accessible location in walking distance to all of the great offerings of Mackinaw City. Also enjoyed the fresh water cooler with cut fruit in it. Checkin and out was easy and efficient.

Good selection for breakfast.

Pool room was so hot you could hardly stay in there if you were not swimming. There were screened windows but you were not allowed to open them.

Good selection for breakfast. The room was very clean.

A no frills way to stay in Mackinaw.

Outside door broken - access for anyone to come in. Breakfast area was too small for the number of people served. Vending consisted of one Coke machine.

Cleaning crew did a great job - very clean.

Caring staff.

Very honest and caring staff. I had already checked out and was in line to get on board to the ferry to go to Mackinac Island when I realized I had left my wallet in the night stand in my room. I called the hotel and the manager said no problem, he would have his head house keeper go to the room and get it. I enjoyed my day on the island and when I returned to the hotel the staff member at the desk had my wallet waiting for me. She even asked to see some ID before she gave it to me.

Good value, very close to downtown stores.

Breakfast included, eggs but no meats (bacon, sausage). It was a bit odd to have sink in main room and not in bathroom.

Beds were extremely comfortable. Very clean.

friendly staff, good food, plumbing and water temputure on the cooler side

toilet did not flush well, had to flush several times each time we used it. shower was not very warm in the morning. hot tub on cooler side.

morning buffet was well done and well taken care of

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There wasn't a mini-refrigerator available in the room, and there wasn't any food vending machines. The breakfast that was offered didn't have a great deal of variety but tasted fine.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the overnight front desk person.

5 stars for Baymont

The bed was a little hard for my preference. Also the pool surface is too rough on feet. The guest computer should be moved to an enclosed space.

It is centrally located within walking distance of most Mackinaw City attractions. Quiet, clean, comfortable

Wonderful option if you're traveling with a dog!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were really impressed with the quality of both the service we received and the attention and care given to maintaining pristine rooms and common areas. The continental breakfast was wonderful, and we were extremely pleased that our dog was also welcomed with a little doggy bag! We'd definitely recommend Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City to anyone traveling with a dog. It has definitely become our #1 place to lodge in Mackinaw City!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Will stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was adequate but would be better with the addition of meat. No meat at all. Don't stay on the first floor unless you have a dog with you. Someone traveling with their dog let it bark most of the day in the room. Could hear it in hallway & adjoining rooms.

Location was very good. We walked all over the city to the ferry , restaurants, mall , attractions & more. Room was clean & bedding comfortable. Everyone working there were friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great accommodations in an area of many restaurants, entertainment and close to ferry rides.

It would have been nice to have bacon, sausage or biscuits and gravy. Eggs would have been more appealing if they were scrambled. Otherwise, great selection.

Excellent beds .. shower was amazing! Great coffee ... and waffles!!!

Affordable stay in Mackinaw

Bath towels were small and scratchy. Breakfast was adequate but didn't like the eggs.

Bed was comfortable. Was nice and clean. We were only in the room to sleep because we were out sightseeing all day. Hotel is close to the ferry for Mackinak island and if you don't feel like walking, there is a shuttle bus to and from the hotel.

Nice stay

Pool was small, over crowded with families. Hot tub not hot. Decided not to swim for these reasons.

Clean room, comfortable bed. Coffee and breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Surprised by how nice. Great deal for the our girls weekend.

We are all used to feather pillows. You don't have any! There were 6 12-14 yr old boys in the hot tub when we got there. They got out when we got in. But then they preceded to play football in the big pool. Several times we got splashed & bonked with their football. Where were their parents or chaperones?

Gal at front desk was terrific. Helpful, cheerful. Nice to be able to purchase ferry tickets right from there. with no markup. Free shuttle to the ferry a nice extra we weren't expecting. Breakfast was great. Felt secure & safe there. Hot tub good.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Attractive setting, clean, inviting, friendly staff...

the breakfast was not anything to brag about, rather hum drum...also crowed (small)...

The room was clean, attractive, nice setting, very handy for us as we were going to Win-Some women at Grand Hotel...

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Nothing I Arranged/Reserved was delivered...instead seasonally worn 6 person dorm room look

!) Weds Oct 26 2016 we checked in after 4:30 pm that desk clerk was not accommodating. I had a reservation for 2 mos. I sent numerous emails about handicap parking and location of room if elevators or not. I had stayed there in May 2016 and gotten a great comfy room on 1st floor. Two queen beds. Expected same kind of room - instead it was on 3rd floor and looked as austere as a 'dorm room'. Worn and dismal looking. Two beds and a couch - terrible! 2) My reservation was "hold the room". with my card NOT charge it. I always do that with booking.com So that the 2 people could pay at the hotel desk, 1/2 each their own cards. (I did it there the last time). We'd been driving all day and very tired and had to find a restaurant before they closed. 3) Instead of paying at the desk 1/2 each,I'm TOLD 'its been taken care of by Booking.com. I said NO, I just held the room. Desk clerk argued with me, ' booking.com did that so I can't do anything'. I was upset. So now I'm already charged and not how I agreed with booking.com by the hotel? 4) The clerk was adamant NO she couldn't do anything as booking.com had taken the money. That didn't see right, so I asked 2x more if she could cancel the 'sale' and then let the two of us pay 1/2 on our separate cards. No she was firm. "Booking.com had taken care of it i.e. she couldn't change it" Disappointment had already soured my experience. 5) I had no choice. I filled out the registration and then the Desk Clerk uttered,"Well tomorrow morning there will be someone on the desk who is an expert, and she may be able to help ...by then who cares. We wanted to be on with our time on vacation not keep talking to the Desk clerks. 5)Also there as a note on my reservation asking how many were in the room. I answered 2. The clerk didn't offer any explanation.

Location of the motel good. Quiet. Oct 27 Day Desk Clerk - dark hair - lovely. The breakfast hostess - lovely.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Just awesome!

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't stay another night😀

This was the best room I had in a long time for the money I paid. Everything was perfect from staff to cleanlinees, to comfort.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Very good .

We had to eat breakfast from plastic fork, knife and spoon. The window was not clean.

The hotel is situated close to the ferry to Mackinac Island. It is also at walking distance of the main street. The room was specious, clean (except the window) and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Squeaky clean but small breakfast area. Difficult to get at the food let alone sit anywhere to eat.

The dates were mixed up so we ended up paying a little more for a suite we didn't need but at least we got a room. We were charged by Booking.com in advance then recharged by the motel and therefore have to wait for our debit card to be credited. The hotel told us not to reserve through Booking.com and call the hotel direct to avoid problems.

The clean rooms! Best so far in Mackinaw City.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Everything was great but the breakfast.

Everything was great but the breakfast. All the breakfasts at the hotels in Mackinaw City are basically the same. Would like to see some fresh eggs and breakfast meat. Too many carbs.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Won't stay again! Extra charge for a fridge!! Disappointed...

Minimal room with cost of room.not worth the amount. No fridge. Always extra cost.many hotels don't charge extra for a fridge. Drain in shower was slow.

Beds not extra comfy.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great place to stay if you are going to the island the following morning
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Super location to stay -- we had an early ferry ride the next morning at Shepplers. We called from our room to have shuttle get us -- it was there before we could bring our luggage down

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

The location is great!

It was not sound proof at all. A dog was across the hall from us barking and we found out it was not a room that pets were allowed. The dog was obviously left in the room alone and barked non-stop.

The location is great!

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, well located hotel, the Baymont is the place

Little disc scrambled eggs were bad No bacon or sausage

One of the cleanest hotels we have been in..nice job All help we talked to were very friendly Nice pillows Mattress very comfortable Discount for the ferry and carriage ride on Mac island very nice Centrally located to shopping(walking distance)

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The room was clean and comfortable.

The room was clean and comfortable. The gentleman at the front desk accomodated us with a ground floor room. We were able to walk out the back door and use a little path over to the mall area. You could also use this little path to get to the downtown area. The hot tub was nice. The tv worked good. Sunday breakfast was good but no waffles and only boiled eggs. Coffee was good. The dining room was small but clean and the attendant was very pleasant. This hotel is not right on the water but the price was more affordable for our family.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The front desk girl was very friendly and helpful.

Our room was basically pretty clean, but there were 2 spiders and a cobweb in the corner above the bed. I wish someone had cleaned and checked all the corners etc. The first two nights it was very quiet. The third night there was a noise in the wall. The strangest thing, like a pipe or something constantly creaking. It started about 3 am and never stopped. If we were staying another night we would have asked for a different room or had someone come and investigate, but we were checking out in the morning. We basically got 3 hours of sleep.

The front desk girl was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Good place for access to shopping, restaurants, and Shepler's Ferry to Mackinac Island

The included breakfast was passable, though mediocre, with odd, pre-formed egg "patties."

The location was good and the room was clean and comfortable. The front desk was helpful in getting discounted ferry tickets to go to the island.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The Place To Stay In Mackinaw City

The only thing that disappointed us was there was no sausage for breakfast all 3 days we were there. I'm not sure if they were out of it or just didn't offer it.

Very nice rooms. One of the cleanest hotels we've ever stayed at. We were impressed. We will definitely stay here again the next time we come to the area. We've stayed at many hotels in the area and this is by far the best one.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Finally, a clean place for pet lovers!

We had hoped there would be a refrigerator in the room and for the price, glasses would be a better environmental choice than plastic.

Location was perfect for getting around and we were so glad you accepted dogs.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Good locale but amenities were common for such a high price.

Would have liked a fridge in the room. The shower was not completely clean. Rate was high ($170) for one night. Should have been $80 in my opinion.

Location and nice accomodations

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Great location. Hotel was just ok.

No fridge or microwave in our room. Room was really blah. Room was not cleaned first day.

Location to all attractions. Staff was friendly and helpful with our questions.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Disappointed

Room set up is difficult with bathroom for shower and toilet but vanity and bowl in main room. If one person is sleeping - how does the other dry hair, etc? Surprised,especially at the price, that there was no fridge / microwave in the room, and that breakfast was primarily packaged / premade food.

Clean, well located, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Great location / fairly quiet / housekeeping staff is great!

The breakfast bar could use improvement. The egg selection was either a hardboiled egg or something similar to scrambled. No meat selection available. Fruit was limited to an apple. Bananas would be an option?

convenient location, great staff, clean facility and housekeeping staff was wonderful! Housekeeping did a great job every day! In general this location provides easy access within walking distance to stores, restaurants, ferries etc.

Great trip

Close to ferry dock. Great staff!

Very convenient to Mac Island ferry.

Amanda and all the staff were friendly and helpful

Nice, clean

No microwave or fridge in room

Beautiful. Nice pool and hot tub

Everything else!

No microwave in the room, and the pool was small

Everything else! Very happy with our stay.

The Mac

No drinks at the poolside. Even if they are plastic or aluminium...? We were on third floor.

Pool, location, breakfast

Had a great trip!

Could not see the water or the bridge.

Very convenient location, walk to the ferry, shopping, etc.

Would highly recommend to friends

Same breakfast both days

Comfort of rooms! Cleanliness of entire property

Very reasonably priced.

Very reasonably priced. Comfortable stay.

Closeness to the island, clean rooms and quiet hotel.

It would have been nice to have a mini fridge in the room for drinks.

Closeness to the island, clean rooms and quiet hotel. Pool was also nice.

Good, clean room

Good, clean room

was very nice good breafast. the room was nice

the fitness was closed

the bed was comfort

One of the better properties in Mackinaw City.

One of the better properties in Mackinaw City. Everything was clean and new.