Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Miami Doral 3 stars

3805 Northwest 107 Avenue, Doral, Miami, FL 33178, USA

#129 of 213 hotels in Miami

The room was disgusting the housekeeping don’t change the sheets They were gross and disgusting when call the front desk they say it’s been clean and I’m crazy they were very rude!

I didn’t like really anything! Well the pool was nice

Even is room was big, some furniture looked old and used. Also the bath was not perfectly clean (found something on the shower walls). The worst was the stale and closed smell of the room. it seemed was not used and not open from a lot of time. Also breakfast was poor and packed in a very small area.

Room was immense large, a suite. the best part of the hotel was the exterior, good looking, nice lights of the entrance, good parking plot. Enough for a nice stay?

Half of the staff was polite, the other half seemed not to be interested in their job, not customer friendly at all. Poor response when sending e-mails before arrival. Asked for the airport shuttle, it was supposed to pick me up. I arrived at the airport so was waiting at the arrival hall, but no I was supposed to go to departure hall, had no idea so missed the shuttle and had to get a taxi. Breakfast was bad, little choice and not tasty at all, went to the supermarket instead. Also the entire hotel is freezing cold, turned off the A/C and luckily I could open the window, and still it was so cold because of the hallway A/C. The bed was comfy though.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

furniture in my bedroom was damaged, old, need to be replaced. I had a terrible experience, when I woke up I had my belly full of red spots, I am afraid there are bedbugs and I felt terrified

Location is good, close to the airport and safe area

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was small but is ok no complaints!!!

The bed was very soft room was clean I really enjoy the night to relax not noise at all very quite room face to the pool but we only stay one night I recommend it

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had hair from previous guest. The table had crumbs from food. I informed the front desk and the response was that she would let housekeeping know. They did not rectify it and I had to live with it for the night I was there. The airport shuttle did not leave in time. The front desk could not locate the driver. Left 20 minutes later. Some of the front desk personell did not speak any English.

Location was good.

More times to mall,full breakfast for cost to stay,cost pricey except for Sunday night to Monday.More reasonable since no restaurant.

Access to airport,breakfast,shuttle to mall

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived at the airport we waited over 30 minutes for the airport shuttle, we ended up taking a taxi. We stayed 2 nights, they didnt make the room, and when we told them, they didnt believe us. They wouldnt keep our bags at 9am when we checked out, because breakfast was still on. They would only take the bags at 10am after breakfast. To avoid missing the 9.30am shuttle and wasting time we asked for late check out 3pm, so we could leave our bags in the room. They wanted to charge us 50usd for it!! We requested to speak to the manager on duty, but as it was Saturday, she was not to be contacted until Monday (Carolyn Reynoso). Awful customer service at reception and housekeeper didnt take responsibility nor acknowledge their mistake.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The phone system was not working, the door card system got replaced and the toilet flushed dystem vroke the day we left...the staff only "report" it, but I didnt see the staff wanted to take care of it, which was sad!

The price and location

I didn't like the I had to wait two hours for the airport shuttle to the hotel.The front desk staff wasn't as friendly. I was waiting outside the hotel for the airport shuttle and the same bus that took me to the hotel when I arrived pulled up.So I asked"Are you the shuttle to the airport? " The guy said yes.when I arrived at the airport he then said he is not the shuttle and I have to pay 40USD.He then took me back to the hotel because I wasn't willing to pay that 40 USD. There was no bottle water in the rooms.

The cleaning staff was excellent. The cleaning staff was very helpful. When I say the cleaning staff .I mean the ones that clean the rooms

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Baymont is an inn hotel in Doral. It has a typical facade in good condition but its interior is old and damp. The rooms smell so damp that the house keeping service applies strong and annoying air fresheners. The furniture is damaged. The rooms NOT SUITES do not have a refrigerator. They are not soundproof. Any sound (not even noise) heard in adjacent rooms is heard. Definitely NOT a 3 star hotels as they are. The breakfast is far from being varied and much less balanced. It has laundry, but beware! The dryer needs 4 cycles of 30 minutes !!! (of 1 dollar each, with only 25 ¢ coins) with normal-low charge to obtain dry clothes. It also has rust on its interior that stains clothes. Some staff members are not friendly. If you are not interested in the conditions I mentioned above, it is an option, although the price is high for quality. ($ 100 / night !!!). Attached photos. The smell can not be photographed but imagine it.

Positive points: -parking free. - Closeness to the airport. - shuttle to the airport and the mall.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

When I called to let the front desk know we had arrived and were available for pick-up the first words I heard was "you're late". Our flight was on time. "the shuttle driver had gone home for the night. It was 12:30am. The ad on booking.com specifically stated that there was shuttle service to and from the airport and that is why we chose this hotel. It is very disappointing to find that the service was unavailable and taxi service would be an additional $40.42. I felt misled and taken advantage of. Desk clerk was rude and accusing. Wouldn't recommend this hotel due to my experience.

looked good on bookings.com web site.

I was there for 3 nights. I was pretty certain I reserved a suite during the online reservation, but I was put in a room (#303) that only had two draws that didn’t open or close properly. There was minimal closet space and hangers, no safe and no refrigerator (they brought in a mini one upon request). Continental breakfast included eggo waffles, mini pastries, bagels and other breads, apples, assorted concentrated juices and coffee and tea. There is no bar on premise. I paid a total of $128/night-too much for that room in my opinion.

The bed and pillows were comfortable; the room was clean; the shower was okay (not much water pressure); the tv reception and channel choices were okay; the AC worked well; the one elevator worked well.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Was located approx 30 min from airport. Waited 1 1/2 hours for shuttle even though was supposed to run every hour. Daytime shuttle runs every 2 hour. So didn’t meet our need as a place to spent an overnight airport layover.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I rented two king rooms and only got one on arrival. This means they baymont robbed me and the reception blatantly said they cannot do anything about it.

Location was ok

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

There was second hand furniture, lamps, and fixtures in the room also, the location of the hotel was not great because you had to fight traffic sometimes to get to it.

The room, bathroom, and hotel facilities were clean and the bed was comfortable.

Someone open my room where I was staying with my baby at 11 pm. I called to the reception and they told me they didn’t know anything about it. After 5 minutes they called me back to tell me I was not registered in thAt room I was sleeping and because of that some worker open my room and run away without apologising. TERRIFYING SITUATION

Drivers from shuffles were really nice

My only issue with the hotel was the shuttle service from the airport, it took 2 hours for shuttle to pick us from airport when told it would be only a half hour. No empathy from front desk.

Nice large room,clean and quiet.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The time allocated for breakfast and the actual breakfast. Breakfast shuts off way too early. The carpets are so dirty looking and grimy. I feared waling barefooted.

The Shuttle service.

We were happy with all aspects of our stay.

We got a nice surprise upon arrival, an upgrade to a suite! A comfortable bed and great shower were welcome after our long drive. The hotel is quiet and convenient to the airport. The breakfast included some prepackaged items as well as breads, bagels and fresh fruit. Plenty to get your day started. We loved the pool too. It is clean and private. We appreciated the cleanliness of the property and friendliness of the personnel. Good value for our money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact my room didn't come with a refrigerator and drinking water. Also the breakfast needs to be improve. There were no eggs, ham or bacon, it needs to be too up.

I love the fact the hotel is close to the mall and the shuttle service were excellent during my stay.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was poor sugarbreakfast, not any protein t.ex eggs. In addition they did not have enough bananas (zero left about 8am), which was disappointment. The hotel should offer glutenfree options in breakfast, at least bananas. Their complimentary airport transportation is not useful especially daytime, there should be possibility to book it more flexible. No fridge in the room. Basin should be in bathroom to avoid wet carpet.

Good location, near the Dolphin Mall. 24h supermarket and glutenfree restaurant Amaze is in walking distance / in neighbour. There are also other hotels nearby to choose.

Limited hours and infrequent shuttle to and from airport. Driver of shuttle was traveling over 70mph on a 45mph Airport service road returning to the airport and was consistently driving over the speed limit Breakfast was below average.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is basic and no good. Room was not very clean and I found a cockroach walking by the wall... One night I arrived late and found wired people at the lobby, and there were not recepcionist at the front desk.

I loved the location, it is nice and safe with restaurants and a supermarket at a walking distance. It is close to the Miami International Airport and they offer transportation, although every two hour it is still very convenient. They also offer free transportation to two big and close malls, but I did not used this service.

Bathtub had a big hole in the side wall that had been putty the putty was falling off. looked bad someone tried to Steal my trailer during the night done $65.00 of damage to the locks.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was a bit disappointing they need to include a bit more substance eggs would have been perfect.

The location of this hotel was absolutely the most convenient thing possible. There was plenty of food choices right at our fingertips and also CVS and gas station at the corner. We basically did not have to leave father than 1 mile radius to find what we needed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff dried my clothes in their drier since the one upstairs was broken. I had $20 in my pants and they returned it. I didn't even know it was there.

This property is meant for couples . It should be clearly advertised, so that people are aware of the property details. This information is needed if people are travelling alone or with family.

Food was not available during stay.

The carpet in the rooms although clean, were old. The corridor was a bit chilly. Breakfast was limited.

Stayed here in 2004. Revised stay in 2018. Place stayed the same way. Felt as though it did not change, though the facilities aged. Basic breakfast, but it did the job. Comfortable bed. Had a good sleep.

The Baymont Inn and Suites is a tired old soldier in need of upgrading and re-generation. The breakfast buffet is below average based on variety of food and it is held in a very cramped space.

Location and price. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Room was dated with worn carpet and bathroom in need of upgrade. Exterior, pool, lobby and breakfast area was newly upgraded so room refurbish may be coming soon.

Location for day trips all around greater Miami, south to Keys, west to Everglades, many food and drink choices in the area and easy access to Turnpike and RT 41 West. Comfortable bed.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

They billed us $150 for a bed that was broken when we arrived and that caused an ankle injury from metal frame on bed. When contacted, the staff was indifferent to the situation and would not reverse charges. Now in the hands of booking.com and credit card company.

Close to walkable restaurants but longer distance than expected from airport.

Shuttle bus from the airport is available few times during the day. Timings are only provided at the hotel reception so arriving at the airport we ended up taking a taxi after waiting more than an hour. Breakfast is not even basic, plus all the cutlery, cups and plates are plastic. PLASTIC They only allowed us to extend check out free of costs until 1300 and when we asked to have our bags stored for an hour, the receptionist made faces as if she's doing favors to us.

Rooms are spacious and clean.

Very basic accommodation at a premium price. Shuttle to the airport runs just once every 2 hours. Clean, but carpeting old and grubby. Poor value for the money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle from the airport to hotel was not good. I go conflicting information. The receptionist kept telling us he was there and come every hour but the notice in the shuttle said every 2 hours. We stood at the airport for 2 hours waiting with 2 kids. We didn't get to do what we wanted since we had to wait so long.

Without a car it was away from shops and restaurants. But they did have a shuttle bus

the size of the room and the helpful staff free bus to the airport

No complaints. It is an "OK" hotel that is in a central location close to everything. The hotel doesn't "WOW" you but the price is good

Fantastic location, amazing friendly staff, free wifi and breakfast

Not anybody’s fault but my own. I needed a quick Spanish guide because I felt totally unprepared and everyone spoke Spanish.

The bed was very comfortable. We almost considered buying the blankets!

No internet limited when on. Advertises close to the airport, it's not. Shuttle doesn't use Toll 836 road, it's 45 min. to the airport, (19 min. by Toll road 836) Shuttle doesn't use 836. Shuttle runs every 2 hours from 6am-10am picks up for multiple hotels. Worthless Shuttle.

dirty rooms, rude staff, if you complain they tell you off.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast but we know it was just continental

Despite the bad ratings, our room was clean, WiFi was excellent, continental breakfast was OK and they checked us in at 1:45 PM without a problem.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

After multiple calls from various people waiting for the free shuttle from airport we gave up afher one hour and shared a cab. Either go to more expensive hotel (those shuttles came) or don't bother waiting and grab a cab.

Breakfast was toast, bagel danish and other carbs. At least a hard boiled egg for those of us watching carb intake would be appreciated. They had oranges and apples if you are ok with just fruit. Bed was comfy and place was quiet

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room carpet was worn down, rooms smelled moisture, breakfast was a compromise, in my opinion not a good value for money overall

Good location, close to Dolphin Mall shopping centre, close to airport, good for a one night stay.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room smelled wet like it needed to be dried out. Otherwise, it was great.

Staff was great. Room was organized. The shuttle to the mall was a great added feature!

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very cold!!!!! Carpet was very musty smelling Breakfast options for someone with Celiac didn't exist (I don't count an apple or orange)

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed sheets did not seem to have been changed before our arrival. Perhaps it was just our impression, but overall it was a nice stay.

Close to fast-food restaurants and pharmacies and to the Dolphin Mall. Easy access to airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom floor tiles and walls not cleaned properly. Grout dirty. Wall in front of wc shows water smears. Bedside table not cleaned during stay

Nice breakfast. Comfortable beds

Breakfast was disappointing (except for the coffee). I agree with other reviewer that the shuttle service (every 2 hours) would be information good to have in advance. And yes, it takes a while to get to the airport.

I liked the late checkout, they let me stay until 1 pm at no surcharge, and the fact that I can leave the car there while traveling at no cost. The coffee was excellent, room was very clean and roomy. Even though the shuttle is not every 20 minutes or so, the driver was very very friendly and helpful

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Ac unit didn't function properly. Airport shuttle took a while to pick me up after i had called.

Breakfast was good, staff are efficient and eager to help. Melissa at front desk was always thrre to help with any packages which came to the hotel for me. Even offered to take them up to my room.

The pictures must be many years ago. The furniture was all mess up and outdated. Not to count the tv, the smallest and ugliest ever. It didn't have a hdmi port, the cables ware hanging from the back. The rooms smelled like of humidity. The staff blame it on the earlier check out and when they showed me other rooms smaller than mine smelled the same. To sum it up an awful experience.

I like the location that's all

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Chairs in the lobby were extremely shabby looking. That's not what I want to see after spending over $200 for a room. Rooms and furniture were outdated, dingy carpets. Low shower pressure.

Large comfortable bed, good wifi, free breakfast, free shuttle to the airport and the mall, and free parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were a bit uncomfortable. The breakfast needs to be with eggs, bacon etc. Front desk need to have at least two staff at all times and the rooms should have in at least a small fridge and microwave being a suite . vendor machines needed to be stocked more often couldn't find any water.

The staff was very helpful . rooms were very clean and hotel in good location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

staff is not very friendly except but one girl during check. Breakfast very, very limited selections

Very clean, well lighted parking, excellent location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast choices limited. Only able to take advantage of free breakfast once during a 3 night stay. Carpet had moldy smell. Bathroom quite small and no place to put toiletries.

Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly. Common areas well kept and clean. Location of hotel is very good.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We waited for an hour for the shuttle. We called tbe hotel for the shuttle as soon as we arrived and was told it would be there in 20 minutes. We called again, after 25 minutes. The shuttled arrived 20 minuteds after the second call...65 minutes afyer our first call. When I read a review about an hour wait for the shuttle, I thought it was an unusual incident but not so.

Rooms were big and comfortable. The counter for the sink was huge. The room was clean. Eating places right across the street.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I waited well over 2 hrs for a shuttle to pick me up at the airport. I only discovered later that it doesn't come in the afternoons or evenings unless they have to drop people off or you ring. Even then it could take 2 hrs. Also the hotel provided a shuttle to 2 of the malls which is good, but if you take the afternoon one you may have to wait more than 4 hrs to get picked up. There were a number of places to eat nearby, but the choice was limited primarily to fast food. I also didn't like the fact that when I arrived I was told I was early and would have to wait about 1/2 an hour only to have to wait 1 1/2 hrs to 3pm the official check in time to have my room. If I was told that from the start it wouldn't have worried me. The Wi-Fi was slow too.

The room was large and the coffee was good and available all day. The hotel provided a shuttle service to a couple of the large malls nearby although infrequently.

They cancelled my reservation a hour after check in but that was not stated nowhere on booking.com a bout this property. I went to get some breakfast took my luggage to the car and when I get back they locked my door and the maid clean my room and I didn't even checked out yet. Check out is at 12 and I went to breakfast at 9:30 and returned at around eleven. Manager was not on duty and waiting a call back. I will not be staying here again and will not be paying for this stay if they do not anything about this.

I like that the rooms was clean.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

the first day I went out around 7:30 am and returned around 3 pm to a room that had not been cleaned. When I called reception the guy at the front desk argued with me that I had a do not disturb sign on the door even though that was not the case. I had to change and get ready to head out again so I asked the staff to just quickly change my bins and leave the room as is - the attendants also did not speak any English

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Property a bit outdated but good enough. Have been booking through bloking.com several times and it seems that communication with the property through them is poor.

Liked the location with restaurants nearby. Friendly and helpfull staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room were freezing cold when we arrived. The cleaning crew always returned the thermostat to that condition, in spite of the settings we had left when we went out. The toilet flush was defective from day one. Even though we told this to the front desk several times, nobody fixed the problem during our three nights stay.

Location. It was very convenient for my trip. Not the best, though, for the typical Miami tourist.

No shuttle from airport to hotel, waited for an hour had to get a cab Went we got to the hotel ask why the shuttle didnt pick us up from the airport was told that it finished at 10 pm.

They offer free shuttle transportation from Miami Airport to the Hotel however never showup. I called from the airpot and nobodys answer me. They should improve the shuttle transportation because you see othars several times pickup their customers.

I always go to Baymont Hotel because his location is good for me. Have a great breakfast and you have many restaurants nearby.

The parking is a little small then was not too easy to find place and also because I went with my dauthter who is pregnant and there is not a place for that kind of persons.

Reservation was found by staff on the Booking.com site but Reservation was not found in their system. Check in was a disaster. Room smelt like the carpet was wet. Staff mainly spoke Spanish; knew very little English.

Bed was comfy. Hotel Shuttle to Airport and malls was very convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fit and finish in the room seemed dated and old that was misleading from the outside of the building that appeared to be updated

I liked that they had a room when my wife and I were in need of a room. Staff was helpful and excellent.

The staff goes the extra mile to make you comfortable

The bathrooms need refurbishing. The room was cold even though the AC was off. There was no refrigerator in the room. The carpet is filty and stained

On the first night we got in at after midnight. The corridors to the room smelt really bad of cigarette smoke. When we got in the room there was a cigarette on the floor. When asked i was told this hotek is none smoking. Unfortunately the next morning we forgot to mention since we had to rush out to go downtown. When we got back I mention it to front desk to be moved because it was still smelling bad even people who was walking by and saw us with the girl who works there said it was smelling bad. We asked to be moved but they were fully booked up. This hotel needs to train their front desk staff they seem to know nothing about customer service. I cannot understand if the staff cleaned the room before we came how come they did not notice all of this u could have barely breath in the room. I also find for early in the morning when u go there is always no fruit and the one deli meat of ham and cheese they serve is always done and this is like 8 am. They need to replenish there food more often.

I liked the location of the hotel. The beds where comfortable enough and we always got good parking.

l was disappointed with the service, the smell of the room, the food and the unreliable shuttle service that never came to pick me up at the airport. I ended up spending almost $70 more in taxi service because of the hotel. When you add this up, its best to pay extra for a nicer hotel.

There was not much to like at the hotel

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The shuttle finished running earlier than my flight arrived and before those of other hotels. Nobody picked up the phone when I called for assistance. It is a LONG way from the airport and I had to get an expensive taxi. The man on reception when I arrived told me that I hadn't tried to ring and was very dismissive of my distress. I have not yet had any joy with my complaint. The airport shuttle in the morning was full and left people behind at the hotel. It then called at other hotels, unable to pick anybody up. Don't rely on it if you've got a plane to catch!

The breakfast was ok.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell in the bedroom; had to open the window to air it out a bit.

Promptness and mannerliness of the shuttle drivers. The politeness of the reception area. The breakfast was okay, could have had a different breakfast meat the next day

The breakfast was below expectation. If you are vegetarian and gluten free, just hope you can find an apple or an orange. Breakfast is mostly baked goodies. Limited fruit. Yoghurt and fruit juice.

A nice swimming pool. Free printer was a help.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

People, laid back atmosphere n no stress,

Great people, but everything is on island time. Slow friendly but patience is a must. After 36 hrs one gets into the grove, da's da ting man! Have a drink n relax it's no NY baby!,

We asked for a crib several weeks before our arrival and they still didn't have one for us. So it ruined an otherwise good stay. An infant without a crib can be very difficult to manage

Generally a good property. Quite close to the airport with on-time shuttle service.

Musty smell of rooms, dirty-looking carpets. No fridge. No room safe. Shuttles sometimes full as they service the airport and 2 nearby malls(Dolphin and Miami International Mall.

Large rooms, free shuttle to airport and Dolphin mall and Miami international mall. Free breakfast. Good AC. Clean beddings

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms did not look like pictures, and I was in a room next to the employee break room they were loud, I complained and the manager moved me..I paid cash for room and money was still taking off my card for the room as well

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The personnel at check in were very unpleasant and rude, I had asked them to pls. let me check in a bit earlier as I was felling ill and had travelled all night and they did not show a bit of compassion, nor suggested anything to make me feel at ease while I waited all those long hours, they never said, welcome to this hotel, we hope you enjoy your stay....etc. By far it;s been the worst hotel experience I have had and for sure will not be recommending this to anyone.

the fact that there was a pharmacy close by.

Browse Baymont by Wyndham Miami Doral traveller photo gallery