Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Milpitas/San Jose 2 stars

66 South Main Street, Milpitas, CA 95035, USA

#16 of 19 hotels in Milpitas

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Ok
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast not average even. Thingscwerentbreplqced. We'd eat at 7:00 and sometimes things not there. Had to tell them to turn on hot tub and then it took awhile to warm up.

Most staff friendly although we'd had couple questions not answered.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

The newly remodeled rooms

Was very disappointed breakfast didn’t start till 7 we had an early flight to catch and didn’t get to eat breakfast. Breakfast should be available at 5-5:30 on a weekday

The newly remodeled rooms

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Location was great and room is actually not bad.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

But staff doesn’t smile and main thing... They charge me nightly rate at 8:00am to my bank account so i went there 12:30pm hoping they will accommodate me since they already charge me. But lady was like check in is at 3:00pm and i was charge again the nightly rate plus $50 deposit upon check in. I asked the lady and she told me that was a hold. A hold before i even check in and another hold during the check in? As much as i like my stay I don’t think i will go back, too much charges to my account.

Location was great and room is actually not bad.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

Location is good.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Old rooms with facilities definitily needing improvement. There is some renovation going on and, apparently, the new refurbished rooms are ok.

Location is good. Easy to access from the road. The staff is frendly and helpful. Parking is easy at the property. Not far from Starbucks and some restaurants (5 to 10 minutes walk).

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

It was not a good one, cockroaches in our room and later in our belongings.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We killed 6 cockroaches in the one night we were there. There was even one one the bed. It made for an uneasy night I kept feeling like something was crawling on me. If it was so late we would have found other accommodations. I have pics to back up my claim. Worst part is that one of my coworkers who was staying there with me saw a cockroach running from his luggage after he returned home. This is gross. We have stayed here before for multiple nights and didn’t have an issue, not the case this trip.

Newly remodeled, rooms appeared clean decent beds.

Best Place to Stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not pet-friendly, but they do accept Service Animals with paperwork. Not being able to smoke in the room, Sometimes it's too cold outside or raining,

EVERYTHING! The price was GREAT. The room was PERFECT. My boyfriend and I were very happy with the room, Staff and price. We do plan on returning again in the future and hopefully be able to have the same room. Thank you. ❤👍👍👍👍

Horrible, over priced and you have to ask them way ahead of time to turn the hot tub on.

Bed was very uncomfortable and noisy when rolling over. Room was very hot, AC did not work. After a hard day of moving, I was excited to crawl into bed. So disappointed. Slept till midnight off and on because it was to hot. TV cane on by itself at 11pm. Finally just got up and left at midnight and made the 4 hour drive home. Nobody in office to talk to before leaving. Room was expensive so I was going to ask for a partial refund but couldn't. I emailed hotel and told them my experience but no response. Also, hubby is never hot and hates the AC being on at night but he too could not sleep because the room was so uncomfortable. After a really difficult day of clearing out my mother's house because of her death, this was the last thing I needed. The room was remodeled but they did not replace the AC!!! Very disappointed that hotel did not even respond to my email. Will never stay at that hotel again. I do think they bought thevery cheapest mattresses they could find. They need to lower their prices!!!

Hot tub was nice, newly remodeled room looked nice

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

It was not somewhere I will stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was not told they were remodeling and trash was piled up outside in the parking area. Was not told there was a $100 deposit in addition to room rate if you took one of the remodeled rooms. No deposit required if you took an un-remodeled room. Shutters on the windows instead of curtains, so a lot of light came into the room made it hard to sleep. TV had to be reprogrammed every time you turned it off. Location was very difficult to find.

The room was large and so was the bathroom.

Pretty good for a quick stay

Could be up dates a little ...but it looks like they are trying to clean it up...Breakfast could start earlier and have a better selection

Price was very good compared to every other hotel with in 50 miles

Totally beyond expectation

Nothing ,better enough for such a reasonable price

Re-decorated recently,very clean ,totally beyond my expectation,breakfast and parking are free,21 minutes walk to The Great Mall

There was construction during our stay.

There was construction during our stay. It was loud and woke us up in the morning. The rooms were much smaller and older than they looked in the photo.

The refurbished room was very nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bad sound insulation (especially the windows). The flush was leaking.

The refurbished room was very nice. There is a pool!!! The waffle machine in the breakfast room.

The parking lot is not very nice looking I guess since it’s...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is not very nice looking I guess since it’s going through renovations. But my disappointment was when I checked in the woman working there said she would take a $100.00 hold for security reasons and I have used this app before several times and never had to do that especially for an overnight since I travel all over Bay Area for work. And it took over 3wks for it to be released and that is such an inconvenience especially when this app doesn’t mention that?

Adequate
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was still a trace of paint fumes. Details remained to be finished (caulking and finish work). Some furnishings might not have arrived yet. Floor needed cleaning. Noisy neighbor.

The staff were very accommodating. I received a message that my request to stay on the first floor was accepted and that I would get a newly refurbished room.

The fact we had people fighting all night and the police...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact we had people fighting all night and the police called twice. I was up all night worried about what was going on since I had my four month old. I was told by staff that some guy threw a female out of her room and based on the security footage she was launched out of the room and hit a ice maker. They then began to fight and he took off in some car with a few other men. Other guest where taking pictures of the car and called 911. You could hear the females fighting and hitting things. The police where called and a few of them were arrested. I was woken up again at 4am by those females banging on the door fighting again and was told by the front desk they were trying to break windows. And the police where called again. I have never feared the safety of my child staying in a hotel like that and was to scared to even open my door. It was absolutely the worst place !!! And for the front desk to joke and tell you about the footage on camera was insane. They charged my credit card three times and told me I was lying after o showed my account they said they were pre auth charges. Three pre auth charges !!! Worst experience ever !!

Disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty bathroom n tub need fixing . Breakfast poor.. cold coffee. The lady who’s fixing breakfast needs to use gloves. All in all employees needs to learn customer service, so unfriendly.

Coming back again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing we didn’t like

My boyfriend & I loved that the floor was wood.. it was a great experience & diffently would come back.. Front desk was AMAZING!!!!... Everything was sooo clean & this is coming from a person who reads all the reviews first because I was a little skeptical..

The bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had reserved a room online and got down graded to a different room. Then had to change room because the room we were in was not clean at all. There was dirt all in the drawers, the toilet was not cleaned at all, there was dried blood on the back of the door. When we went outside there are guests and also someone who was working on one of the rooms sitting on the stair case drinking beer and smoking cigarettes and the gal at the front desk didn’t say a word to them when she clearly seen them while walking us to our new room. The new “clean” room wasn’t clean either. The only reason we stayed was because by this time it was almost 10 pm and we had been driving all day long. I am very disappointed with our stay when we paid almost $100 for a room for one night. I will not ever stay here again.

The bed was comfortable... that was all we liked.

I was deceived by the pictures on website. Rooms looked nothing like pictures.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property in bad area. Old chairs stacked up next to hotel. Rooms smelled like smoke. Carpet had four huge holes. Room filthy dirty. Toilet was not centered and off to side. Bathroom tile stained and bathroom not cleaned. Baseboard coming off with exposed nails. Holes in wall. Outlets not covered and insulation exposed. No bedspreads. Hot tub was freezing cold!!

Staff was nice

We loved it! Had a great time!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hair dryer did not work. There was no bed cover. Cobwebs in the bathroom but otherwise clean. Only one soap for shower and sink; it was sufficient though.

It was nice and quiet. The shower was awesome and the bed was comfy. Also had a very good breakfast!

Would’ve been great. Would’ve stayed here again if they wouldn’t have double charged me.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They charged my credit card twice! One time the card was present and the second time it was entered manually. I was only there one night and I called to check out.

I was not happy with my stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1st room smelled like cigarettes, 2nd room had roaches and 3rd (and final) room had used shampoo, mouthwash and the shaving cream was old and dried up. Was not happy with my experience here.

Maria from the night staff was very nice.

Not up to Wyndham standards by a long shot.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Outlet box in bathroom was falling out of the wall. Shower water temperature was scalding, then freezing. Small, wobbly desk in room. 3-way lamps with 2-way bulbs. Breakfast offering was awful, but then they DID call it a "Continental" breakfast -- it would be nice, though, if they offered, for example, English muffins or wheat bread for toast rather than plain white bread. No PEANUT BUTTER! Limited parking. Pile of garbage (from remodeling) in parking lot taking up multiple parking spaces, and not in a dumpster!

They are completely remodeling their rooms (unfortunately, not my room!). They did not work/make noise during sleep hours. Good shower head!

The property was located close to where my business took me, and it felt safe.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room I was in was "use weary". The bathroom window had some kind of wood block screwed to the jam, the carpet appeared to need cleaning, and the club chair wasn't at all comfortable.

Location was central to my needs, parking was close in, and the property seemed secure.

Bed is all right

They don't have tv cable. Only digital tv. Breakfast was not very good! Disappointed. Parking lot is full. No room to park the car.

Bed is all right

For an overnight trip perfect.

What I didn't like was the loud occupants that were next door. Very loud kids running and talking loud right in front of our room. There was a crew working in the pool area so we didn't enjoy it. Also the parking lot near the trash cans had a mattress and other trash just dumped making it an eye sore.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Enough parking, accessible from the freeway close to the downtown area. Prices were resonable.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Good for the value and clean.

Could have had real orange juice rather then orange drink which was way to sweet! Tub flooring was cheap and too flexible when standing in shower! Chair in room was way to soft not comfortable to sit in! No do not disturb sign found in room!

Waffles were great

Beds good, go elsewhere for breakfast
    • Double Queen Room

Breakfast seating limited. Toaster & waffle maker did not work properly. Messy breakfast area due to the equipment problems. Ran low of everything & did not refill promptly. Check in process slower than most motels. Seemed to be staff training.

Comfortable beds, quiet room

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

I Would Come Here Again!

I tried to watch TV it kept say No Signal so I didn't like that at all just because I like to sleep with noise background. The parking was crowded, Took 15 minutes for us to find a spot because we were waiting for someone to pull out or leave but no biggie.

The room was awesome! The Bathtub had jets and it was relaxing! The bed was comfy and clean! The room was spacious which was good because I could BREATH and not feel claustrophobic! The Front Desk guy was nice.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Less than great stay at Milpitas Inn.
    • Double Queen Room

The room wasn't great. Dirty light fixture, very dirty vents on air/heater. Spots on sheets, battery compartment cover gone on smoke detector showing no battery inside. Definitely paid too much for this place.

The price was somewhat low, but not low enough for what we got.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The location was good
    • Queen Room - Smoking

First impression of the room was ok its somewhat decent and then I started to inspect . There was a small red stain on the lamp shade not sure what it was. The lounge chair was torn, bathroom had ants.

The location was good

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great location for work and leisure.

Breakfast was a bit sparse.

Great location for getting up into the mountains behind Milpitas and also for an easy commute into San Jose in the mornings.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Terrible.

My room had a lot of dust , my mother couldn't not sleep due to the cough this dust produced. When asked to get a room change they said it would be extra charge. It's not my fault it was so dirty. Also, beware cockroaches live in these hotel rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Don't go here.

It was dirty. The bathroom smelled.there was facial hair clippings on the bathroom counter. Smashed bugs or something on the wall. Small room. Thin doors you can hear your neighbors clear as day. People fighting in the parking lot. Overflowing trash cans outside of hotel rooms. Breakfast consisted of white bread some cereal. There was no milk. A waffle maker but not batter. Don't waste your money here.

I liked the TV. And it was nice the bathroom fan worked.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Value for your dollar
    • Queen Room

There was nothing I didnt like

I am thourghly satisfied with staying at the Milpitas Inn. I am satisfied with what I got for the money. The breakfast is fine.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2018

Every thing was terrible

The bugs everywhere

Every thing was terrible

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Good

Waiting for my $50 deposit

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

An hour in, half awake, and ready to sleep, I am shaken from my dozing to bed bugs crawling on me.

Bed bugs.

They refunded me my money.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Had reservation messed up. The price I was given was for a room that hasn’t been renovated.

Good trip. I will come back again in next time

The bed is good.

Spacious rooms and a pool

Spacious rooms and a pool

the check-in reception is not friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the check-in reception is not friendly.

Stay at the Baymont

The bathrooms needed a little more work on the tubs but they worked well.

Staff was very nice. The room was comfortable and large.

Theres nothing bad to say about the stay it was great and my...

Theres nothing bad to say about the stay it was great and my kids enjoyed their selfs too

Better than expected
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noise from neighbours i.e. smoke break in front on my room. Remodeling in progress

Location, price, internet speed

Mold at bathroom ceiling.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mold at bathroom ceiling. Slow lavatory drain, toilet wobble. Breakfast not good.

Decent stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Restroom did not provide air ventilator.

It was cool not bad at all
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

It was awesome to stay there and will again.....

Excellent experience.
    • Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Never will I stay here again!

Bed was ok

If you read me do something abt my review comments .
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Need snack machines or atleast more breakfast options

The new showers and the price for the room

will never stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No room service. for three days

close to my work

Quite & relaxing

Bathroom needed remodeling

Quite & relaxing

was good over all, location of the beaten path, better food places on main drag

did not have included in price

Pleasant
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Can’t think of anything I didn’t like

The convenient parking right outside my door.

Do it right

Poor customer service

Under renovation

horrible!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

horrible!I saw ants in the room and do not change clean towels.

Great place to stay
    • Queen Room - Smoking

They were very helpful they got us in a ADA ROOM

Clean friendly. Pool is very good

Good
    • Queen Room

The ADA shower floor is very slick when wet , wife slipped and fell

I liked the room. The service is great.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Horrible breakfast, didn't clean room, dirty all over

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

I was very unhappy

Good waffles!

Good waffles!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Vary clean

Comfortable value
    • Queen Room

Noise and bitter coffee in the office

Free wifi and parking and comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

The room space

Parking

The room space

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Better places could be found for the same price.
    • Queen Room

There was always noisy in outside. The breakfast was poor.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Bed ok, pillows are not comfortable

Bed ok, pillows are not comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Bed bugs

I found a few bed bugs in my bed I told the man who runs it and he wouldn't even give me another room for that night

The breakfast is always good

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

I liked the fact that reserving online was a cheaper rate.

The breakfast in the am the batter for the waffles is always low, watery or they run out before 10;00 am

I liked the fact that reserving online was a cheaper rate.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

false advertising!

false advertising!!!!! There is no free breakfast as stated and the staff just laughed.Also can get a better rate just walking in...Is this how you do business

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

Other guests were yelling and partying in the hallway at 4...

Other guests were yelling and partying in the hallway at 4 o'clock in the morning. Nobody told them to settle down. The rooms weren't cleaned thoroughly.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Comfy bed, convenient location, and provided free parking.

They stopped serving breakfast 10 minutes prior to the allotted time. Need to revamp the rooms.

Comfy bed, convenient location, and provided free parking.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

The rooms didn't look too bad.

One of the rooms smelled of urine! The rooms were not cleaned well at all! Checked in at 3pm and one of the rooms wasn't ready until after 4pm!

The rooms didn't look too bad. TV had kid channels, and the mattresses were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

The only good thing was it was very quiet.

The room was filthy. The bathroom was never cleaned proof of that were the long black hairs in the shower when we arrived and same black hairs in same place when we left two days later.

The only good thing was it was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Above average toiletries were provided, and there was...

There was mold in the bathtub, no comforter, and the room smelled like they were covering up a smell with incense. Initially, a room was assigned to me that had not been cleaned from the previous occupant.

Above average toiletries were provided, and there was actually a coffee maker in the room

There are also 59 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 75