Reviews of Motel 6 Naperville 2 stars

1585 Naperville Wheaton Road, Naperville, IL 60563, USA

#14 of 16 hotels in Naperville

It was okay but no 4 star motel.

Better pillows less noise during the night. Smoke does not bother me but you could smell that people had been smoking in the motel. You could not smell smoke in our room.

Motel 6 does not offer food unless it is out of a vending machine. The bed was very firm but that I how we like it, The pillows sucked, and we only had 3 pillows for 2 people. The room was clean and the staff very helpful. It is very noisy at night.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The rooms were very nice and clean.

It is suppose to non-smoking but, they let people smoke any way. Then on top of that, they were smoking weed in the rooms. Hate that!!!!!! Need to wash the comforters. Very dirty and stained.

The rooms were very nice and clean. The television were great. I could watch good movies.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

What can i say, I love Chicago and the surrounding area during the summer.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

A swimming pool would have been nice. The is just not a dig against Motel 6, put I do resent how taxes have been increasing on us travelers to stay in a hotel/motel rooms. This location could use additional cleaning staff.

Liked the morning coffee and wifi. Also, We enjoy Dupage County and the motel was near attractions. The room had much space. I also liked the brochure counter next to the entry door. Motel 6 in my experience offers perhaps the best deal in overnight stays.

The staff was VERY helpful&polite.Even the manager took time out of his busy schedule to help me out

Only the parking area.pot holes.You had to be very careful driving not to hit one.But evey thing else was good.

The room 215 I stayed was clean,no mold smell.Bathroom clean

They need better cleaning service there and new sheets on...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They need better cleaning service there and new sheets on the second day. Our room was not cleaned nor beds done. And the mattresses are all super stained old and dirty. Never staying there again

You get what you pay for
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Floors were not clean at all. Our feet had black all over them after walking around. Had to always wear socks. Even went to near by walmart to buy wet wipes for our feet. Room did not even have a clock or a working phone. No do not disturb signs available even when asking front desk. No shampoo or conditioner. Glad we brought our own.

Beds were springy but the pillows were comfy enough.

Happy with our stay and would stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Smokers sitting on the southeast door entry step and not all smokers moving for us to open the "keyed" outside door. There is a tall, Rubbermaid like, butt receptacle provided by the motel two feet from the step but many, many never used it leaving LOTS of cigarette butts on the nearby ground. However, if the motel provides the butt receptacle THAT CLOSE to the entry door, the motel IS CAUSING/CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM of people smoking in the doorway. Additionally, many times this same keyed outside door didn't close enough to active the locking mechanism. This allowed non-key carrying people to enter!

I'll preface with I first stayed in Motel 6 when the price structure was $6.66, $7.77, $8.88, and $9.99 so you know I'm OLD. I think I stayed in Motel 6's before Tom Bodett started leaving the light on. We were attending local family functions and the location was great with easy access to interstates. Very impressed with our remodeled room. Good craftsmanship and painting including very attractive window drapes. AND, one very outstanding feature was the large vanity top! Somebody in management finally realized the occupant needs more than 2 inches on each side of the sink to be comfortable.

Brief stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If housekeeping didn’t enter room with out permission & the Spanish lady @ the front desk wasn’t so rude & housekeeping upon leaving. To many dogs and no smoking

The room was spacious

Not good at all.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room next to me had a child who was pounding on the wall behind my bed for some time and was not able to sleep. Would not stop so I just left for work earlier. I had a shift of 14hrs.a day and needed to sleep.

Nice place to stay
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

entrance to hotel needs repair nearly blew a tire when I hit the biggest pot hole I arrived during a heavy rain so couldn't see the holes. had to get a front end alignment on my car when I returned home sadly I had gotten one the day before for my trip.

location ,friendly helpful staff

My stay was OK
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There 3 things that I didn't like: (1) the parking lot has nothing but potholes in it, I don't care to damage my car. (2) I think they leave the coffee out later, at this time they take it away at 10 AM and (3) They need to have check-in earlier and check-out later. Right now I have to wait to 3PM to check-in and 11AM t check-out instead of 12PM.

Place had a microwave for me to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner so I didn't have to spend money to eat.

Meets your needs on business trip, but needs to improve for vacations.

When we tried to turn the TV caption on (FYI, we’re Deaf), it messed up the remote and disconnected it. So we only could change the channels the old fashioned way by pressing buttons on the TV. 😄 Also, we wished our window had some blinders because just cushions alone wasn’t enough to darken the bedroom at night when we tried to sleep.

I liked that our room was well cleaned and organized simply.

Very basic but a clean place on a budget. Good location

Wi-fi did not work. No coffee maker in the room or lobby.

It’s budget friendly. Wendy’s, MacDonald, Starbucks, CVS and a good Chinese restaurant within a 5 minutes walking distance. The room is large and comfortable.

It was Ok

The driveway and parking lot need to be resurfaces to get rid of the big potholes. Also having a room that is far away from the main lobby I really didn,t care for.

This time when I got there at 3PM I had a room available. To my surprise.

My stay was OK.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I got there at 3PM to check in and none of the rooms were cleaned and ready, so I had to wait.

On this visit I was able to get a room on the first floor

Great value,clean, convenient, very friendly staff.

Wifi is terrible, practially non existent. Heater thermostat had to be down to coldest to avoid extreme heating of the room.

Great value,clean, convenient, very friendly staff.

My first night at Motel 6 Naperville!

Sorry, I already rated my stay of 4/2/2018

How nice the young lady was, even while a drunk and high customer kept entire time to me (while the woman answered the nonstop incoming calls ) complaining about her reservation which was 3rd party, and the girl still accommodated her without attitude and with great restraint and integrity! And she was great to me after all that and I gave her every opening to go off about the previous customer. Great staff at front desk that night @ approx 7:00 PM.

There are other local properties in the price range that are slightly better.

Attitude of staff ranged from cheerful and welcoming to abrupt and surly

Property is one of the better ones I have stayed in for this chain. Room was clean and had no issues. It is relatively sparse however, and utilitarian rather than attractive. Would stay again.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too many deep potholes in the driveway. Room was dirty with stained sheets that they said I had to change myself or I would be charged for the service. There were holes in the ceiling, paint on the hardwood floor and a previos guest wrote on the walls and they just left it there.

It was close to where I was going.

An okey experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed makes noises. Hard to use the heater. No cctv in hallway.

Overall an okey experience. The location is okey. There is elevator so customer doesn’t have to carry heavy bag using staircase

I stayed several days, Aug. 2017 needed improvment! 2nd stay Oct. 2017 very good improvment!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms need cleaning if more than 2 days stay, microwave needs cleaning at least once a day! Microwave so dirty! Rate 2

Profesional front desk, linens available, privacy good, Rate hotel 8!

Good price means you'll need to go to the dollar store for amenities

First hotel I've stayed at in many years that didn't have a hair dryer. Thin walls do little to block out noisy people, barking dogs and domestic disputes. 1980's brown/orange color scheme could do with some updating. Hard, uncomfortable beds could be replaced as well. Put up a shelter in the parking lot for the smokers who don't know how far 15 ft from the entrance, make them go there instead of congregating around the front door.

Good location. No road noise, as property doesn't front the heavily used thoroughfare. (It's behind Wendy's.) Adjacent to restaurants, grocery, pharmacy, movie theatre, dollar store. Good price, although you get what you pay for to some degree. Staff are polite and helpful. No amenities means no amenities, although one would think they could put a box of tissues in the room.

Not horrible but not pleasant .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loud disturbance Involving police Late at night. 5 police cars responded. Phrase I never expected to hear in a motel outside my door. Get down on your belly until your hands where I can see them !

Price was low

Horrible
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Paid for a king size bed,but received a full size, when requested I was told because I booked with you I had to take what was available.Bull..I Will never stay or book with you again.

New bathtub,shower.

Never again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My non-smoking room was stink of cigeratte. There were opened soap wrappers from the previous guess behind the bathroom door. The shower curtain was too short. The mattress was squeaky. The staff was rude and could care less about you. Their microwave in the breakfast area didn't work. The "free" wifi was so slow that it didn't even make sense to use it.

Free parking.

I wouldn't stay there again unless I a absolutely had too.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Entrance smelled like stale smoke. Didn't get the room I reserved. No WIFI and when asked they said would have to wait till manager came in on Monday. A little late. No service while I was there.

My only complaint is not with Motel 6.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is not with Motel 6. I booked 2 rooms with Booking.com and had confirmation. When we arrived only 1 room wad reserved. My family and I had to pay a higher rate for the 2nd room and there weren't anymore rooms wirh double beds.

Affordable price at a convenient location closing to highway...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff called us in the late evening to return the hair dryer to the front desk. We had to get out of the bed, changed our clothes, and went down to the front desk in 10 min. I wish motel 6 provided more hair dryers to guests.

Affordable price at a convenient location closing to highway 88. Free coffee in the morning, hot and icy water are available all the time.

We had to ask for more towels the first night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to ask for more towels the first night. Booked for 3 adults and only had 2 towels. Housekeeping never visited the second day so trash was full and we had to go to the desk for towels again. Key cards did not work well.

I liked the ladies who worked there I didn't get my...

The fact that the cops were here pretty much during my whole stay. And really just dealing with dogs and such.

I liked the ladies who worked there I didn't get my proper room the first night but they straightened it out the next day and really treated me nice

Thanks for leaving the light on!
    • Double Room - Smoking

Did not like the bed, we are use to a king size. Sorry!

All the people that work here were very nice and always busy and asking if they could do anything for us.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

RUN! RUN! RUN! DON'T BOTHER BOOKING A ROOM AT THIS LOCATION. THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL, BUT EVERYTHING ELSE, DON'T BOTHER...WASTE OF TIME!!! THEY TRIED TO RENOVATE AND IT LOOKS BETTER, BUT IT STILL SMELL MUSTY AND MOLDY. BEDS HARD AS A ROCK. MY BACK WENT OUT ON ME. NO FRIDGE OR MICROWAVE :-(

THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. THE ROOMS WERE CLEAN.

Cheap but NO ammenities.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We checked in on a Friday and stayed until the following Friday. They did not clean our room once. We had to ask for clean towels, toilet paper, and we even asked to have our room cleaned. It never happened. They never even came in and emptied the trash. No tissues in the room, no alarm clock, iron, or even shampoo.

Price was good

For the price the bed could of been better and bigger
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed was not a queen bed. It was too small for 2 Adults. No tissue no sample shampoo bar of soap was to small for 2 people to use.

The price of the room

A poor experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We asked for non smoking room and was told it was non smoling but it was not. Ash trays and smell of smoke prominent. At 2:15 am, someone knocked on our door. This was very scarey. We called the desk. She said she would come up and check the hall and that it was probably someone who was drunk. We did not feel safe. We left the next day aftet one night. We cancelled and were refinded for next yeo nights.

Stay away and spend the extra money elsewhere!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The motel smelled like smoke and it was filthy. My room was disgusting and I bought my own sheets and towels because there's were terrible. By day 3 after advising them not to clean my room, they entered anyways, cleaned my room (which is not the issue) then took my sheets along with my towels, never to be returned. The entire 5 days couldn't go by fast enough for me. The place smelled like an old bingo hall where everyone smoked and had no respect for the facility. Terrible, terible, terrible, never again would I waste my money here or at another motel 6.

Nothing, only the price.

Affordable, clean and convenient.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It would have been great to have a coffee maker and hair dryer in the room, but I knew when I booked my stay these were not included.

Clean, more recently remodeled room with wood floors was nice and frankly unexpected for the low price per night. Was within walking distance of a movie theater, restaurants and a great Asian supermarket.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Never again

People were up yelling through the halls at 4am. Plus we put do not disturb sign in door, and housekeeping knocked on door repeatedly. After refusing service 20mins later one housekeeper just let herself in while we were trying to rest.

The hotel was close to everything and very convenient.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Waste of money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The drain in the tub wouldn't stay open, there was dried blood on my pillow, I asked 3 times for towels and they never came so I had to receive them manually, I didn't get much money back for the pillow with blood on it. Overall it was a horrible stay.

The mattresses were comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

It was priced economically.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of smoke was strong and we are non-smokers. It was a bit confusing to find, as it sits behind the Wendy's.

It was priced economically.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Awesome Stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't know coffee was available every morning and did not have a tv guide available, just HBO Schedule.

Quiet, peaceful, well maintained property. In an excellent location; close to food and other stores easily accessible via public transport,ie Cab, Lyft, Uber etc.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Best Motel 6 ever

N O T H I N G !!

Just the basics, which is what I needed. And I needed an inexpensive hotel. And I needed it near my destination. Didn't have (but didn't need): hairdryer, radio, toiletries except soap and shampoo; Breakfast (just coffee). Room was refurbished only 2 mo. ago and was gorgeous! wood laminate floor, colorful stucco type walls, TWO switches in bathroom (light and fan) - very few motel rooms or hotel rooms we have stayed at over the years have this feature, and it is important to us. Also separate sink from toilet and bath is always a big plus!

Perfect for my needs
    • Double Room - Smoking

There wasn't any shampoo in the bathroom. I would have liked to have access to a hairdryer. But these things are minor, compared to the positives!

Comfortable bed , clean room, great value for money. Great water pressure in the shower, plenty of hot water. Friendly and helpful staff.

It's a pretty basic hotel, but is very clean, convenient...
    • Double Room - Smoking

It's a pretty basic hotel, but is very clean, convenient and met all my needs. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing negative to say about this property at all-exceeded my expectations! Great value for money!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Reasonably priced, clean, comfortable place to stay.

Though on a floor with non smoking rooms, smelled quite smoky in the hallway.

Convenient, good location, clean room, comfortable bed and very reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great location for the price.
    • Double Room - Smoking

Wifi wasn't good very low speed. It might of been cause I was on the 3rd floor or lots of users.

Maid service every day. Lots of stores and restaurants with in 5 minutes walk.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Good service

This visit was good but I was in room 129 last Friday, and that air conditioner/ heater does not put out "good" heat. I should've told the staff. I will if I encounter that problem again.

Professional service by staff

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The price was a great value.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It isn't the fault of the hotel but some of the people hanging around the lobby area looked to be a bit rough. There was decent activity during the night, talking in the hallways, opening and closing of doors, etc. This was in the later hours of the evening as well.

The price was a great value. I encountered a few of the staff and they were all pleasant which was a plus.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The woman who checked us in was extremely kind and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hallways were dirty and smelled like cigarettes, but our room was clean and that's all that matters.

The woman who checked us in was extremely kind and accommodating! She was upfront about the property being under renovations and their wifi not working which was not a big deal.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Well worth the $

They were in the middle of renovating when I stayed so the laundry room wasn't operating (but the closest laundromat to the motel is 1 mile away or a 5 min drive down the street) however the room was up to par given the price range here. WiFi was slow when I first checked in but over the last 7/8 of my stay was considerably fast, streaming HD video without a hitch. Overall pleasant and comfortable. the price is right.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Great value for the money and a good location.

The elevator was broken and I was on the 3rd floor. The room could use some paintings or wall hangings. You can tell the property is moving in the right direction. It would also be nice if you could see the property better in the dark; maybe more signage ON the building.

The staff at check in was wonderful. She was away from the desk but answered the phone very quickly and was prompt in getting to the desk. She was also very nice!! She only needed a name tag. The room was renovated and very clean with a nice mattress.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

This place is a disaster
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dresser drawers was broke. Toilet didn't work. Under construction and was a total mess. No pool...even though it said there was. Was put in a smoking room when we asked for non smoking.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Will never recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Was supposed to have a block of rooms together but put us all on separate floors. The hotel was under construction and was a total mess. Our friends who had a pet with them was put on the third floor which was a total inconvenience. Toilet overflowed twice and we didn't get any fresh towels.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Will not stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was in a non-smoking room, but there were burn holes in the comforter. Carpet had stains that had not been clean. Guest and motel employee, smoked at front door of the motel.

I was able to check in early.

Very noisy

Very noisy

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Am a regular customer and will always choose this l locationn when I need somewhere to stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi directions weren't clear.

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, easy access y eating places.

Decent area.

Halls smelled of marijuana. AC wasn’t very cold. No shampoos. Stains on bed spreads.

Decent area. Friendly counter help.

Are room was not ready poor staff people.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Are room was not ready poor staff people.

Great value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable.

The value is great. Everything was clean and staff was helpful.

Very clean, easy to find.

The mattress was a little uncomfortable, sagging in the middle, but it was clean and that made up for it.

Very clean, easy to find.

Ok

The rooms we're not ready had to change rooms tv did not work

It was clean

I will keep coming.

room was humid

The location of the hotel is OK but the hotel stuff is midiocer
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I stayed in this hotel for 28 days and the clean the room only ones and change the sheet in 28 days only once very poor

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A good value when all you really need is a shower and a bed.

Problems with wifi.

A good value when all you really need is a shower and a bed.

Good location and value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some areas of the room were not clean. The table between the bed. A couple of the towels were dingy.

Good location and value

Stinky, but satisfying.

Pretty smelly

The staff was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Flexibility and staff services.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

People smoking at the front.

Flexibility and staff services.

If your looking for value for your dollar in Naperville, this is it.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This Motel 6 was within walking distance for my business trip. Clean room, friendly staff.

The stay was satisfactory

The peaceful atmosphere

Quiet somewhat friendly

Pleasantly surprised by this motel. It is conveiently located in a safe area and was super clean.

King bed mattress was a little saggy and needed to be replaced.

Rooms were modern and very clean and the hotel was quiet.

Very clean and great price
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Lot of noise from hallway. No Kleenex in room or shampoo

Room was very clean

Nice place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff friendly clean room no luggage cart

Friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise, air conditioning not up to par

Friendly staff

Good for the price

The place was ok although the room smelled like cigarette. The wifi wasn´t the best either.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

No pillows were available.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No pillows were available.