Reviews of Omni Nashville Hotel 4 stars

250 5th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203, USA

#2 of 162 hotels in Nashville

5.2

Since we are Omni Gold, we expected to be treated a bit nicer. Because we booked on Booking.com - all bets and perks were off. That is the only reason I gave the poor rating on staff. Front desk staff only - the rest were great.

The location of the property is perfect. Barlines is one of the best hotel entertainment and bar/food restaurants in the area. Great Music.

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Found trash in the room as soon as we walked in. Bathroom was incredibly small. I generally stay at "higher end" hotels, and while this was priced high, the room was very basic.

The staff was exceptionally friendly.

It was not worth the $499.00 per night. I was there for an ABA conference. My colleagues did not pay as much and the hotel would not give me the group rate. The first night, I stayed at Kipton, a luxury boutique hotel, for less than half the price.

Great location. Food choice is great. Spa/Salon was wonderful.

• Executive King Room

Overpriced, floor dirty- found a child's sticker on the floor, was still there after maid service. Bed miserable. Didn't realize they factored in a gratuity for each item ordered for room service. No valet service offered at checkout. Paid my bill in room, tv was immediately turned off and maid service was knocking on the door within 5 minutes, waiting to clean the room. Talk about rushing you out the door!

Convenient to the area. Gym was great. Didn't get to use the pool, all the lounge chairs were being used, must have been a lot of great parties that weekend. Liquor and food was way overpriced. $17 for one crab cake? But my daughter got a double cheeseburger with fries for $15. $29 for a double vodka soda.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Check in time was 4:00. Our room was not ready until 5:00. Front desk staff had no apologies just an explanation that 500 guests checking out and 500 guests checking in. The lobby was stocked with people waiting for their rooms. Both of our food services experiences missed the mark by forgetting items ordered or not prepared as ordered.

Excellent location and well maintained. Nice rooms.

The key cards machines in the elevators were tricky and didn't always work.

Food was excellent; very pricey. Weather was great so we were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price was a bit much, and unfortunately you were almost forced to use the restaurants in the building, unless you wanted to walk a couple blocks. Vending machines were not available. We were also unable to find ice machines.

The facilities were excellent! Beautiful hotel inside and out. Connected to the Country Music Hall of Fame which was excellent as well! Breakfast buffet was amazing, expensive, but amazing.

Very commercial. Wifi is not free. Stays through Booking are not eligible for loyalty program benefits. Was charged $20 for 2 device connections although the guest services confirmed that I would get courtesy wifi.

Events such as Predators hockey games can clog streets with traffic and police barricades. If driving to the hotel, it is best to approach the hotel on Korean Vets Blvd from the south and avoid taking northern approaches from Broadway and the nearby sports & entertainment venues during evenings and on weekends.

Great brunch at their "Kitchen Notes" restaurant - MUST try the biscuits! The hotel connects directly to the Country Music Hall of Fame complex and is an easy two block walk from Broadway's honky tonk music bars. Superior exercise room and outdoor pool.

The room needed updating. There was a musty odor which would not go away. It seems they had a water problem at one time. Bathroom door had water damage on the bottom

The hotel was in a great location to navigate the city. The hotel also provided a free shuttle

Nothing. Everything was lovely

Kayla was our wait staff person both days for breakfast at Kitchen Notes and she was wonderful! Friendly and very accommodating! Give her a raise! Also Kyle at the front desk was very helpful as were the Bell Men who helped us with our luggage! Staff was very Good at this Omni. Loved! Loved the flavoured waters offered in the AM to the Lobby guests! Nice touch!!! Plenty of comfortable and spacious seating for guests and visitors in the LOBBY! The fireplace room was especially inviting and comfortable! Most hotels do NOT provide enough "gathering space". Omni Nashville.....you exceeded accommodating your GUESTS!! Great JOB!

Wish we could’ve stayed longer!! Everything was wonderful

Told them at booking we were celebrating 19 years of marriage and they surprised us with champagne chocolate covered strawberries and a card with a hand written note.

When we checked in, we found out that the room we booked with a credit card was already taken and we had to accept another type of room. We asked that they comp us somehow (it was never offered) so the manager gave us free breakfast. However, when we checked out she had not updated our account and we still had to fight for that. Valet service is $38 a day.... Absolutely crazy! On top of that, we would wait 20-30 minutes to get our car everytime. To spend $850 for 2 nights, we should have never had these type of issues.

The breakfast was great but insanely overpriced. $80 for two people to have eggs and bacon is crazy! The location was pretty good.

• Premier King Room

We were celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary and they surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. Very sweet and appreciated gesture!

Pillows too soft, and room was too quiet at night to sleep - perhaps need a soothing sound in a/c system? Need exhaust fan in bathroom to eliminate steam from shower.

Staff very friendly, room and hotel very clean!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I opened a shampoo bottle in the bath room there was a stain on the cap. It's a minor thing, but I didn't expect that from the Omni. Other than that, my stay there was very satisfying!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location, just behind the Bridgestone Arena and 2 blocks off Broadway where there are tons of places to eat and shop. We walked everywhere. This hotel is beautiful! The lobby is large with many seating areas and a really nice fireplace off to the side. Every touch point with the staff was great from the time we walked in with the valet, front desk staff, etc. The rooms are large, clean with nice size beds. The beds are comfy. There is a Keurig, mini fridge, nice size safe, a lighted closet, and everything is clean. The bathroom is large with a lighted mirror and lighted make-up mirror. The shower had good pressure and again clean.

Slamming doors. But addressed

Manager was excellent. We had a problem with slamming doors in the hallway. He addressed this beautifully. Restaurants in hotel excellent

• Premier King Room

I didn't like the fact that my sheets were not clean... popcorn pieces in the bed... we never ate popcorn... we didn't realize it til we were in the bed...349 for a room and not to have clean sheets.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For an expensive hotel, the rooms were very typical and the shower and shower heads were average at best.

The location was excellent as it was two blocks off Broadway and attached to the HOF. The lobby and seating area was excellent. Huge gas fireplace...very relaxing. Staff was awesome, professional and helpful.

Toiletries provided in the bathroom were terrible for a higher end hotel. Grout in the shower was discolored and seemed dirty. Would probably choose to stay at the Hutton or Aertson for less $$$ per night.

Room service dinner was quickly delivered and very good, room was comfortable and had a decent view.

I did not appreciate that breakfast was not included. I don't know if that's a result of when I booked and how I booked - but paying $300 a night, I would assume breakfast would be included.

I thought the actual hotel and room itself was very nice. The rooms are big, bathrooms are really large too. All staff members were really helpful and sweet. It was great to be within walking distance of everything - Broadway is only 2 short blocks away. Lastly, the complimentary taxi/driver for the Omni was really useful in getting places - and the driver, Robert, is the nicest man ever! Don't forget to leave him a tip!

Being treated less important because we made a reservation through a "third party". Staff were not helpful because we booked with a "third party". Gave us a double bed room rather than the king we reserved and said because they were busy they give "third party" reservations their worst rooms. Our friends checked in just after us and got a king bed room so I know they had a king room available when we checked in. Our room overlooked a construction area rather than the roof garden or river view.

Ideal location with good restaurants and shops connected.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The quality of food was excellent and service was excellent as well. Our server Gary was attentive and friendly and made us feel like we were old friends.

The room was rather dusty. Also, I had booked a king bed but the hotel staff told me I couldn't guarantee a bed selection when booking through a third party website. Bed selections were only insured when calling the Omni. Also, I was told that my card would not be changed for the full amount until I checked in. It was changed for the full amount the day after I booked the room.

This property is close to everything. We walked to our concert at the arena and to our restaurant. Its main value is its proximity to everything downtown Nashville. Also, after the concert they had food set up for purchase so you didn't have to wait for room service. Great idea!!

We booked two rooms for two nights over the New Year's Holiday. We booked the rooms months ago through Booking.com. We reserved two Deluxe King Rooms. Upon our arrival we were placed in queen rooms. I called the desk and was lied to about King availability. I was told there were none available. I explained that I had reserved two King rooms months ago and that was what I wished to be placed in. I was again lied to and told the hotel was full. I was also not allowed to use rewards points. I called Booking.com and they contacted the hotel and were lied to as well. They were told there were no King rooms. They also were not allowed to speak to the manager. I looked on the Omni website and saw that King rooms (that I reserved) were available for $100 more per night than what we booked. I went to the lobby and demanded to speak to the manager. He stated it was hotel policy to place people in lesser rooms when they used a third party booking site. I asked to see this policy as it was not listed in our reservation nor on the Omni or Booking.com website. He was unable to produce it. He again lied to me and told me the hotel was full and there were no more rooms to be had. I pulled up the Omni website on my phone and pointed out that the website showed King rooms available for $100 more per night that what I had originally reserved. When I pointed this out to him and asked him why he was continuing to lie to me two King rooms miraculously became available. Funny how that works when you confront someone with proof of a lie. We've also used Booking.com for other hotel stays at other brands and have never had this happen. We've also been allowed to add our Rewards number at other hotels as well. We like the hotel but this was one of the worst experiences we've had after staying there multiple times. I doubt very seriously we'll return.

The shampoo provided in the rooms has a heavy floral scent like my grandmother's perfume. Be sure and take your own!

It's conveniently located to a lot of the activity in the downtown area with easy access to the highway

• Premier King Room

Sofa a bit lower on quality. Sat low and thin. Modern hotel rooms should have easily accessible electric outlets on both sides of the bed. Preferably mounted on the bedside table. The bedside lights should be touch on/off. They were difficult to reach and maneuver.

Room service choices and quality was excellent. Room decor was interesting and up to date. Bed and linens comfortable, clean. Room for two bathroom. Fabulous city view.

Bed and pillows was awful my back hurt the next day. Shower door broken water leaked all over floor. I called Front desk to complain never heard back.

Staff was very kind.

• Executive King Room

Do not like to pay 600 $ per night for a room and then have them charge you an extra 10$ per day for Wifi. Totally ruins your experience. Have travelled the world with wifi always included and for Omni to do this should actually be embarrassing to them.

Location was good

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

After a 13 hour drive we arrived in the evening and ordered dinner from room service. It didn't come on a cart so we had no table to eat on. I used my luggage rack as a table. The next day the shower had no cold water--just scalding hot water so I washed my hair in the sink. For 2 nights our stay cost &809.00-- I would like some restitution. If not, I will post our experience and your response on Trip Advisor. Judy Daggett

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was very rude. We didn't feel like we were welcomed there.

Location was amazing to everything, but there so may wonderful hotel that have the same location that we will stay there next time. The lowes is my favorite property and there are very accommodating. We where suppose to stay 5 night and cut it down to 2 because how this hotel made us feel. Not know if we were going to be able to find somewhere to stay or if we were going to have a home to go back too. Just leave a real bad taste in my mouth. Just very disappointed

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Staff was in general rude and non-responsive. Tried to coordinate something through concierge before trip - did not get a call back. Had extremely rude people on the phone when ordering room service. Had lengthy waits when calling in as well. Disappointed in customer service as I have stayed here for many years - was very much rubbed the wrong way.

Very nice facilities + pool

• Premier King Room

Room was spacious and comfortable. Very clean. Great view. Loved the pool . Bingo coffee was awesome as well as the staff there. Steakhouse was outstanding. Location was perfect. And training area was good.

Great facility. Beautiful rooms, great bathrooms, lovely pool and excellent gym.

Awesome hotel. Rated parking poorly only because it's valet and very expensive and also slow, but the valets are super nice and helpful.

On last night noise during the night was out of hand. The last night had to call receptionist to notify security twice to tell rooms near us to keep it quieter. It was 2:00am. Pay for WiFi - crazy.

Have visited Nashville 10+ times and have stayed at various downtown hotels. Location was good, staff was good, etc.

• Premier Queen Room

Beautiful hotel, excellent service. The beds were super comfy. The city skyline view from the 16th floor was amazing. Lovely pool. Within easy walking distance to downtown.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This hotel is so beautiful and the staff is exceptional. It is off Broadway Street (where all the bars are located) so you do not hear any of the bar noise. A very clean and quiet hotel.

I'm a small town country girl.. So going to a big city is a biggie to me.. I was so very impressed with where we stayed... The Omni I must say is about the nicest place that I have ever stayed at.

We could not find any café or food stand to purchase coffee and a cookie at 10:50 Thursday evening, so ended up ordering expensive room service. Second day, we did not return to our room until 4:15 and it still had NOT been cleaned. Terrible service; however next day our room was prioritized and cleaned before 11:30. Third day - coffee maker stopped working!!!

Location was perfect - close to all of out destinations. Barlines was a great bar, with outdoor space and great entertainment.

we had terrible service at the pool bar. We waited for 40 min one of the days and no server ever approached us. They were supposed to comp our bar tab and so far have never gotten the comp.

Everyone was very friendly and the hotel was great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Being stuck on the elevator right at the beginning of our trip (problem was resolved thanks to the great security officer we were on the phone with.

The friendliness of staff, the ease of checking in, the cleanliness of the whole hotel, location is close enough to everything you'd want in downtown.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Maid service we had did not speak English so it was very difficult to ask them for what we needed.

That we were able to get into our room when we arrived at 11 am and not have to wait until the 4 pm check-in time.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was very pricey. You already paying a higher room rate amd your within walking distance so they would not need to bring Hoit car to you so at 41.00 a day to sit added an additional 120 to our bill

Everything staff was incredibly friendly. Room was clean nice had all we need. Within walking distance of everything we did!!!

We were there during a very busy weekend, and some of the room amenities were initially absent; there were some minor issues with the room fixtures, but the location made it more than worthwhile.

Staff were amazing, location is amazing.

I didn't like that they had a bathtub combined w the shower. I wish it had a separate shower. Bathroom was a bit small.

The restaurant for breakfast was excellent.

The staff was amazing, the hotel was beautiful, the food was outstanding, and the pool was awesome. There is not one thing that I would change about our experience at this hotel. Everything was more than we expected.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Omni is the place to stay in Nashville. Perfect location to walk to Broadway, restaurants at hotel are fabulous, service and staff go out of there way for you. Bruce is fabulous and will drive and pick up anywhere within 3 miles, roof top pool is the place to be during the day

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel staff were overly aggressive about bringing in your own food or beverages to the room. My girlfriend had made a cake for my birthday and planned on surprising me with it. She was denied bringing in a cooler. I also was harassed for trying to bring in a bottle of bourbon I had planned on enjoying for my birthday. Only hotel I've ever had give me a hard time at the curb about such things. Also, the pool was obnoxiously regulated by hotel staff. I bought a beer at the pool bar, exited briefly to use the restroom (in which the staff saw me leaving with said beer) and was then denied re-entry to the pool with my beer.

Close proximity to Broadway Street.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

We had some difficulty with our coffee maker. It was a one cup Keurig. It was difficult to operate (bad switch) housekeeping only left us with one regular pod. The other 3 were decaf. They also didn't leave enough water to make the coffee. I wish they just had a real coffee maker or complementary coffee in the lobby.

Andrew at the front desk was customer service personified. We liked the location. A couple of nearby main streets had a variety of live music. the quantity and friendliness of staff stood out. The room had a great view. Food was expensive but good quality. Like how it connected to the country music Hall of Fame and hatch printing. Amazing pool with atentative waitresses. We took our six-year-old son and he was more than entertain. There's a local candy shop nearby and the staff bring children under 12 yrs milk and cookies at night. There were several families at the pool as well.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

We had reserved a king suite and were given a queen suite. When I questioned it, I was told that the king was not available at time of check-in. I was not asked if I wanted to wait for a king. I was also surprised that the parking and wifi was so expensive considering the cost of the room.

The location was amazing and the room was nice.

After paying what I did for the room, having to pay an additional $120 to park my car was INSANE! Also, the fact that wifi wasn't included and guests also have to pay extra for that, is also insane.

Room was wonderful. Restaurants were great! Pool was so much fun! I will definitely be back!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not appreciate a $9.95 per day internet charge for entry level speed. In this day and age charging for internet access is simply customer gouging especially when the hotel rates are on the highest end of the spectrum in Nashville ($500 per night with taxes). And, it did NOT even work very well - sketchy service in my room doing basic browsing. Another problem is dining for breakfast at the hotel, it was impossible with 45 min waits and lines out the door at the coffee shop. Quite frustrating each morning not being able to get breakfast or even a quick pastry at your own hotel.

Very nice hotel, very clean.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Our first attempt to find mockingbird 1 and so on, the signage was behind us as you exit the escalator, perhaps on the first day of an event, someone could gently direct traffic.

The conference rooms were set up well, allowing for good interaction with the presenters. Everything you could possibly need is there in the building or within enjoyable walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

It was perfect! Great location, food great & friendly!

They upgraded our room & gave us a $60.00 bottle of champagne. It was our 50th Anniversary!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Room could have been cleaner.

Gary the waiter in the Kitchen Note Restaurant was a delight. All of the staff should have taken lessons from Gary on customer service. He ran circles around the other staff in the restaurant. He went above and beyond on his service. We had breakfast there for two days. The second day he saw us coming in and made fresh sweet tea for my family. He was awesome!!!!

It's a nice hotel, but a bit further from the strip than expected. The room was fine, but based on price, I expected it to be more luxurious. The walls are very thin so you can hear everything going on in Hall and rooms around you.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was not ready at 4pm - I checked in days before and I came at 2:30pm and back again at 4:30pm and room was not ready for occupancy

The food is heavy Southern with little for a vegan water

the only negative to this hotel is the price is higher than several others.

The hotel is in a great location, a couple of blocks walk to the hub of Nashville. Conciege service is amazing and helpful. Room was modern and clean with a generous size bathroom. There is a BBQ restaurant across the road which is fantastic.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Hotel parking limited to Valet, adding another $40+ to our tab upon arrival, and we had to have bellman accompany us to room with our hand luggage, requiring tip - no option to carry our own bags

Great breakfast and brunch!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Amazing hotel, staff, location and service. They are also super pet friendly and were very welcoming. The pool was a nice add on especially with a nice weather. it's close to the best restaurants and bars. Highly recommend!!

20% tax charged to guests in restaurant, no free in room WI-FI, no shuttle driver substitute when regular driver absent

nice location, good food in restaurants, clean room and areas, comfortable bed, staff friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Valet parking is ridiculously expensive and we weren't told any other options. Wi-fi is expected now. To have to pay $10/day for it, especially with the cost of the room, is crazy.

Hotel is beautiful and the room was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The fact you have to pay extra for everything else. With the high cost of the room, wifi should be free, breakfast and parking. All type of noises through out the night on the floor we occupied "they provided ear plugs" which did not help. It was not due to the construction in the area!

Walking distance to the Bridgestone Arena.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We didn't get to choose a room with a view. The shower should've had a removable shower head. The price of the room is way too high!

The hotel is safe and secure which gave me peace of mind. Our room was gorgeous and even though the view wasn't great from our room (wasn't admiring downtown...just a parking lot) the floor to ceiling window brought in so much light. Our room was very clean and the beds were so comfy that I didn't miss my Sleep No that much. To all you glam girls out there - the bathroom mirror and lighting was FABULOUS! The tub/shower was spacious but I would've liked a removable shower head for that price. We only stayed one night so we only got to try one of the hotel's restaurants which was Kitchen Notes - had a lovely brunch and our waitress was very nice, the hostesses need work.

Coffee bar in room is a nice touch, but only had one coffee on second day. Who drinks decaf??? Drain on bathtub broken, bedspread and dust ruffle in disrepair. For $300 a night, should be an impeccable room!

Nice location and friendly staff. Comfy bed and pillows. Bathrobes are a nice touch. Complimentary water bottles were nice to have also. Barlines hotel bar top notch!

Our room wasn't ready at check in time (5pm) and we waited an hour for it. They did give us drinks and breakfast which were great. Also the parking is valet only, we had to walk a few blocks to park ourselves.

Nice hotel with a friendly staff and a wonderful Sunday brunch !

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing I didn't like was it is just too pricey for me to stay more often.

Nicest place I have ever stayed, anywhere! Awesome location and the bar is great too!

The room had an amazing views of the city. We loved the room, it was very nice and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The staff was very courteous and made sure we had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing really. This is our second year to stay for a hockey game and we love the experience.

The location. The proximity to the Bridgestone Arena. We attended a Predators game and access to the arena, downtown venues and restaurants was very easy, by walking.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

I didn't like that i couldn't stay longer.

I really liked the atmosphere of professionalism and friendliness. I felt welcomed and they make every effort to make our experience special.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Nothing negative to report here!!!

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. I love it. I love the staff, the location, the comfort of the rooms and especially Bar Lines.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We loved everything about this hotel. The staff was so wonderful and the food we rated FIVE STARS. Another couple and my husband and I commented that this hotel, staff & restaurants and The Breakers in Palm Springs, Florida tie for first place of any hotel we ever stayed in and we are frequent travelers.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

My a/c did not work. I contacted the service desk they said it would be fixed and never got serviced.

It's right down town and a beautiful hotel. It is connected to the hall of fame and it's great. It's a very nice place to stay. I enjoyed it. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. There are also a few good little stores inside.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The information of fireworks display location was not known or not was not put out to the visitors that have been attending for many years as it should've been . Again all was changed without prior notice to repeating visitors .

The worse New Year Exp in Nashville ever , we were all but search by police when returning to our room New yrs eve as were all guest . We were told it was for our own safety as well as all guest. I will never stay at another Omni Hotel ever . I will as well never spend another New Year's Eve in Nashville. I've been going to Nashville for New Yrs since 1999, The city of Nashville completely changed an experience in celebrating New yrs which was 2nd to no other city .

Browse Omni Nashville Hotel traveller photo gallery