Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Orlando Universal Blvd 3 stars

7825 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#286 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Awesome location and yummy breakfast

The only small issue I had was our phone is the room was not operational.

The room was very clean and we were very happy. Also the bed was very comfortable. And the breakfast was very good. And the location was stellar.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The location was close to Orlando theme parks and room was...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

AC was leaking all over and not very cold, phone did not work, most of the staff barely speaks English/does not apologize when advised on issues, the breakfast was horrible. Our door had dents and difficulty opening due to what appears to have been kicked in. Also the shuttle is only twice per day each way so you are forced to spend 6-10 hours at a time at the parks vs other parks that run every 30 minutes so you can come and go as you’d like.

The location was close to Orlando theme parks and room was decent.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Baymont Inn Suites

They didn’t have a electric kettle in the room. They did have a coffee maker but I don’t drink coffee at all.

The location was great. There are stores and shops in the area with can be reached by foot. They also have scheduled shuttles to the amusement parks.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

I didn’t experience breakfast but my one problem was that...

I didn’t experience breakfast but my one problem was that the rooms were VERY humid. Like to the point that I felt wet while I slept. But other than that, it was a great value and it was fine for a couple days.

Clean, the staff members are friendly.

Breakfast not tasty.

Clean, the staff members are friendly. Housekeeping staff does a great job every time we come back to our room it was very neat. I recommend this hotel. The only thing I didn't like was the breakfast not tasty at all.

Location to Universal Studios was great
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping didn't leave wash cloths for 2 days, had to go to front desk and get them. Gym was dusty, no wipes for equipment. Night staff was rude. Shuttle we were packed in like sardines, standing in the aisle trying to hold on. Shuttle was over 30 minutes late one day, had to take a cab back.

Location to Universal Studios was great

Good stay for the price
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were too soft and incorfotable The breakfast wasn't good The rest was ok

Location was key We found car rental in the hotel The rest was ok

A very good hotel for a decent price in a perfect locality
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The furniture was more and it was a bit congested

The rooms were neat and are cleaned everyday. It is close to universal studios and other restaurants.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Terrible hotel.

Terrible hotel. Room stunk like mold and mildew. Bathtub faucet were all loose. Paint in bathroom cracked and peeled. Mold on bathroom ceiling from no vent fan in it. Every time air went on mildew blew in the room. There was some kind of spray that stunk.

Overall, we were satisfied with out stay, but some things could have been better.
    • Deluxe King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

For some reason, the room smelled like mildew and everything seemed to be damp. We decided to leave a "do not disturb" hanger on our door since we would not be in the room much due to visiting the local amusement parks and were worried about our valuables. Once we ran out of towels and toilet paper, we called for extra and they were never brought to us.

After a 10 hour drive, we arrived at 5am, and the check-in clerk was very welcoming and accommodating!

The Location is pretty good and the room is very clean .

I didn’t like the breakfast because in my opinion didn’t have many options (I am from Brazil, so here we eat different at breakfast - we usually eat bread with cheese, ham, etc - I think it could have at Baymont).

The Location is pretty good and the room is very clean ... the bed is very comfortable too!!!

2 star what do you expect!!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff, property quite old and not well mainted...

I guess for the reviews you can’t ask for more it’s a cheap place to sleep, that’s all, staff nice to us at the moment but in general lazy and rude, like if it’s an inconvenience we dropped in.. pool dirty, property not well maintained, food was terrible cardboard eggs and hard bagels, canned fruit, McDonald’s has better cheap food ... the price was too high for just passing by a night to sleep $140 for the night we arrived at 10pm and left at 9am ... we didn’t expect to be the Ritz but way over priced... we had no choice everything was booked

Good value.

I would have liked to see more "green" initiatives. There was no recycling on the property and a mass amount of styrofoam was used.

The staff was nice. The location was great.

Good choice for visiting Universal Studios.

The bathroom was not cleaned good, there were hairs. Also the room was smelling damp. No good view from our room, it was looking to a highway.

Location was great, as we stayed there for Universal Studios. Breakfast was satisfying, but due to the guest crowd, eating breakfast has been a bit distressed. The furnitures, tv and fridge were all enough, but they were old except the TV. Free Wifi and parking were great. Also the reception staff was very nice.

Everything fine.

I think do something to improve breakfast area because lot people going there in same time and there are many confusion.

Everything fine. Marisa the girl in the reception is the best. She help us for every question

Only good is it’s cheap and close to universal

Hotel and rooms need updated. Breakfast taste horrible and was late. She never took down the closed sign for the dining room to say you could eat . St 710 am we just went around the Things blocking it off so we could eat.

Nearby Universal Studio
    • Deluxe King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

It was written that there was a shuttle, I called to know what time they go to the airport in the morning, they give me times and when we arrived at the hotel the only shuttle that they have is to go to Universal Studio and not the airport

Nearby Universal Studio

Not great
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

When my fiance and I arrived our room wasn't even ready and we had to stay in a double queen room and was promised our delux king room by the next day. The next day they sent us up to another room that was supposed to be a king and it was another double queen so we had to leave our stuff downstairs while we went to our business meeting. Our actual room wasn't ready either until way later in the day. One staff member gave me an attitude during the situation. They keep taking money in and out of my account. The breakfast is like cafeteria food.

The housekeepers were very kind and friendly and worked hard. My fiance and I appreciate that we had a place to lay our heads during our stay.

Friendly hotel.

The only thing I did not like is that the air in the room was quite frowzy/fusty/stuffy (I dont know, which is the right word) and smelled a bit bad.

Nice hotel, clean room, nice courtyard with a pool. Breakfast is okay, staff was kind. I very appreciated that they have a laundry-room as well and even a small gym.

Loved our 10 day stay. would do it again. Great hotel at a reasonable rate!!!

Not park bell hop carts in hallway - makes it narrow for handicap guests.

The staff was awesome! Sebastian and Elizabeth were very helpful. After hours masintenance did not mind getting us extra items for our room. Hot breakfast every morning.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Just what we needed

Housekeeper came into our room twice after we told her to come back after we left which was bothersome

Clean comfy and nice rooms with a great location for universal studios!

The stay was nice enough, I would stay again

One staff Richard at the front desk was very rude. The air conditioner was very loud and annoying in the room and the area where the air conditioner was was always soaking wet, we had to avoid that area completely.

The pool and the kiddies fall was nice. Breakfast was timely and the staff in that area worked hard to ensure thing were replaced quickly when finished. location was close to international drive that had food places close by. Alos bus stop close for the I trolly

overall, poor stay
    • King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Room was damp and mildew smell, shelp broke when we hung clothes oh it, we bought carpet fresh and plug ins to make room smell better, but still smelled awful

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

My overall stay was good. I got a little bit more than i paid for.

No outdoor leisure area as the only one set was also the smoking area so not much space for kids to run around. My room wasnt swept/vacumed daily.

Rooms were nice enough for the price. Excellent breakfast. Location was awesome close to everything

I would never book this place again!!!

Bedroom and bathroom and linen had a bad smell like mold. Front desk guy (Negron) should not be working in customer service.

Breakfast was not so bad.

Continental breakfast wasn't just muffins and bagels.

I didnt like that my room was tiled rather than carpeted.

Continental breakfast wasn't just muffins and bagels. Staff was friendly, parking was available. We were very close to Universal Studios.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Fair payment actions

They applied my payment to my credit card without my permission when I opted for to pay at hotel and they knew it. Will not use the hotel again.

My rooms were adjoined.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Wish I never stayed here😒😒☹️☹️☹️

The staff was rude, just about everyone spoke Spanish, waited for at least 20 minutes to check in n was the first in line while the others was in the back gossiping..... Housekeeping was poor up untily last two days... No microwave, toilet was not functioning properly... Too much to mention😒😒😒 that hotel is based on deception... The lobby was beautiful, the buildings on the outside was nice but the units was crappy n hardly kept

Nothing really... Just glad I'm gone..

First time to Orlando

The laundry facilities were old, outdated, mostly broken and expensive. The shuttle bus was 30 minutes late EVERY day...so you are 90 minutes late to the park. Housekeeping skipped us and we had to go ask for toilet paper and clean towels. There is no ventilation in the bathroom, so nothing dries...ever.

The pool was clean and the breakfast each day was good. The beds were comfortable and the location to Universal was ideal. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The location was great.

I was very upset when I looked at my bank account and I was charged $100 deposit aside from what I was charged for the room. Nowhere does it state that you will be charged a deposit. I am not happy with that. They need to let you know beforehand. Not sure if I will recommend this hotel after this issue.

The location was great. It was close to everything. The rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Request for a room without carpet in it!!’

The smell in the room. The carpet was smelling too and cleaning of the room and bathroom was poor. We booked a room for 4 persons and during the whole stay housekeeping left 2 towels. When you called frontdesk triple time for extra towels it never came. We stayed there for 4 days and they have not cleaned our room twice and housekeeping already left😣

Not all rooms are the same as pictures are shown. My sister and her family had a nice room without carpet and we had a room very outdated, dark, with carpet and it was all smelly.

The staff at Baymont Inn and Suites have gone out of their...

They could have replaced the safe or moved our room so I had use of every part of this room including the safe. I've asked over four times to move closer to the front because my father's handicap. However the meat has been probably a wheelchair. We still have to travel across the entire hotel and go to breakfast.

The staff at Baymont Inn and Suites have gone out of their way to make my stay more comfortable

Room itself was nice - comfortable bed and pillows, free...

This place is pretty far from the Orlando universal - around 35-40 min walking. They're providing shuttles to get to and from Universal parks but only once a day. We took this bus only once and it came 20 min late.

Room itself was nice - comfortable bed and pillows, free parking. Breakfast was ok, not much choice what to eat though.

We arrived, went to dinner with friends, returned to room, swam, slept, paid, and departed.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed fine for me, too firm for my wife. Eggs were heated up frozen ones. Eggs were the only protein on the menu that was PACKED with carbs ... bread, pancakes, bagels, cereal, etc. We ate somewhere else.

Renovation was nicely done. Room was very clean. I first check corners for accumulated dust. None! Pool was outstanding. Better signage needs to be designed but we found everything we needed

Very comfortable....

The pool side could be cleaner.

I liked the staff, particularly Steve. The breakfast was good too. The location was also very convenient. Room service was on point!

Bad hygene, poor buffet.

When we got there, the room was a disaster. Hair on the floor, mold in the freezer, fridge was leaking, the bathroom was a mess and the keycard didn't even work. We got a new room but the hygene was still terrible. We didn't dare to walk on our bare feet and it didn't feel like a nice place to stay. Also the locker was locked and when someone came to fix it, there was a pair of pants rotting inside. And to top it all off, the breakfast buffet was very poor and not at all tasty, and there wasn't even coffee. Overall bad experience, but what can you expect from a $20pnpp hotel. Glad we only stayed for two nights. Do not recommend.

Nothing. Can't think of anything good. Oh wait, the staff was friendly. That's it.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Such a disgrace to the Baymont name.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was DISGUSTING! It smelled like pee and mold. There was blood on the headboard. The carpet was disgusting. The bathroom was grimy and there were hairs all over the place.

They had a nice breakfast. I don’t have much good to say about this place. I didn’t enjoy my stay here at all, and was up at day light to get out. I found a much much cheaper room at another hotel that was much better and cleaner than this.

Great time

There was a spider and some other insects in my room. And the phone in my room rang many times, but no one responded. It was stressful. Except these, everything was good.

Breakfast was so good. And people were friendly and they helped me very kindly. The room temperature was so cool. Hotel's gift shop was also good. I could buy some snacks and water. I had great time in this hotel and in Orlando.

Free breakfast

1) People checking out at 4am woke us up arguing. 2) Room had water damage in the bathroom and the faucet in the shower flew across the room when my husband tried to take a shower 9am. 3) At 1am hair dryer fell off the water damaged wall. 4) we were moved to a new room close to pool and people screaming and having a party at pool kept us up until almost midnight. Good thing was we lived through it and were able to sleep well once we arrived home.

Free breakfast

Pay the extra money and keep look for a nice hotel.

I didn't like it at all. I will never book a wynham hotel. I see they don't keep up there property. There was mold like smell in the room. The toilet was backup. They move me from the room the next day. The first stay was worst. If I ever has to get a room from Wynham it will be at the resort. Also for two days homeless person sleeping by pool area. Very dangerous. I report to the front desk. The person leave then return next day.

It was an okay stay, the location was great!

The beds were not comfortable. When we first came in the room it had a humid smell.

It was very close to the attractions. It was clean and great if your staying for a couple of days.

was great, best value for money
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

friendly staff, the hotel was actaully in the best spot possible, the same street as universal studio, and next to a whole bunch of restaurants, the other street wsa the one straight to the airport

The room was dirty.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty. There were pet treats all over the floor. The smell was musty. Bedding, especially bed skirt, was dirty. I don’t know if recent renovations had been attempted. Paint in room was badly applied and added to depressing condition of room. Very noisy area too. I checked out early. I understood that room was being refunded. However, when I called, they denied that was the case. I would not recommend this motel.

Awful

The hotel is old and noisy I had mold in my room and it smelt bad. J could hear everything in the room next door. I felt so uncomfortable I left by 10pm that evening not even spending the night! Waste do not go there.

It was nice, clean, and affordable

Breakfast was great with plenty of choices, staff responded to our needs in a timely manner, the surroundings made me feel safe, and you cant beat the price. Free shuttle was provided to and from universal resort.I would definitely stay again.

Everything you really want is at Baymont!

Being honest with this review, Now everybody is gonna flood the Baymont. LOL

Jackpot! I use three to four hotels a year, Baymont is the real deal. The staff is on point from accommodation to friendliness. We will definitely make Baymount Wyndham our home away from home when we return to Orlando Florida. Thank you Team Mendez

Less than 2 miles from Universal Theme park, with free shuttle service, it was a great place to stay

The lines for check in were long and the computers were very slow. No microwave in the room and the room was cramped.

Clean, friendly helpful staff, great location. Good selection at breakfast. 24 hour convenience store in lobby.

Will not be returning or recommending this property to friends/family.

I flew in to Orlando From the West Coast. I arrived shortly after midnight exhausted with a nine-year-old child. All we wanted was to get to our room to sleep. There was only one employee working at the check-in desk. There was a lineup of six other customers ahead of me, I feel that someone else should’ve been called in to help check in customers. It took half an hour for me to get my room key which at that time of the day/night is completely unacceptable. After we got into bed, other hotel guests arrived on our floor talking so loudly which woke us up. Room faced parking lot & we were awakened at 6 am by loud people talking & slamming car doors. Not the quietest hotel to stay in.

There was a line up for coffee, one helpful cafeteria employee came over to let us know there was another coffee area.

Wasp's nest over the window - wasn't removed also...

Wasp's nest over the window - wasn't removed also after we reported it. The room was terribly warm one hour we turned off air conditioning - room was directly under the roof.

Breakfast.

The cleanliness of rooms needs improvement. Sheets were dirty on our first night, and other nights. On our last night to stay no toiletries were left for us. Floor in restroom area had a q tip that was there the day we checked in and was there 3 days later. So obviously no sweeping was done.

Breakfast.

Wonderfull location for visitors

The housekeeper stole two items and I was able to return one of them I was passing by her cleaning cart and saw it. Not only this but also she refused to give it back and claimed its hers!!! Make sure you keep your belongings in your luggages closed!

Wonderfull location for visitors

Good for a vacation spot around a lot of good things.

No Microwaves.

Good for a vacation spot around a lot of good things. Wawa’s across the street and a delicious pizza shop walking distance across the street

Was a great place to accommodate my trailer when needed.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Purchased ice cream in the store. No one knew where spoons were. Should be kept with clerk in store? Kids screaming at top of lungs in pool till all hrs of the night. Not what I was wanting to here after driving down 19 hrs from NY. Both nights in a row. People on balcony outside of door visiting with people in the pool, I was on 3rd floor.

The staff went out of their way to accommodate the 32 ft trailer I had with me and found a secure location for the few days I was there

Orlando beach visit

Room smelt a little funny but wife said it was a carpet cleaner they used

Breakfast was good the pool nice and the location great staff very friendly and helpful this is our go to place when we visit Orlando

My family and i had an amazing first visit to orlando, fl. Thanks to booking.com and the baymont.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I couldn't make my own waffles. That is all

I love the fact the everyone was very helpful. Our house keeper Lonna, was amazing. The pool was clean, and breakfast was alright. Laundry room was effectively made for comfort.

Location Location Location!

No microwave in room but they had three in the lobby.

Location Location Location! This property is literally Five minutes away from Universal Orlando. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and included in the price of the room. They have very prompt maintenance and housekeeping

Nice place to stay

The room was not very clean

Excellent continental breakfast..very nice and friendly staff..hotel is close to everything ..I will definitely come back again.

It was average could’ve been much better.

Sheets weren’t changed all 4 nights. Washcloths weren’t given 2 nights in a row, had to call and ask for some. Sewer smell in the bathroom.

It was very close to Universal parks. Average breakfast, no meat, and no yogurt.

The pool was great and the staff are good when not talking...

First night we found throw up or something on the blankets, the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly cleaner LEFT all over shower so it made it slippery, fell twice. And the breakfast wasn't what they make it out to be online or when you call..

The pool was great and the staff are good when not talking with each other before they acknowledge you.

The people who attend in the front desk, excellent.

For a letter or any package from amazon charge 5 dolar each, i think that is a temporary home has to be like that you

The people who attend in the front desk, excellent.

Ok just need better housekeeping
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs to do a lot in cleaning. Stayed 13 nights. And had to call a few timed to clean or get towels soap shampoo. Always forgot the toilet paper.

Close to where I needed to be

It was a really nice stay minus the bumps it was pretty awesome

Our door key pad was broken and kept going back and forth to the front desk until the last night they change us into another room House keeper not leaving wash towels

Bed was good and comfy ac was ok

We was passing through so I didn’t get to enjoy anything...
    • King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

We was passing through so I didn’t get to enjoy anything except to sleep, for 3hrs which was fine for what we needed. Great location to airport and restaurants.

Plentty of parking.

The worst hotel i ever been at. They are taking 50$ per night, god know for what reason. the housemaid left a wet stinky sponge on our stuff. the only thing the maid done wase to sheet the beds, the rest left not clean. the hotel promisses shuttles to the amusement parks. there is only one and late shuttle that leaves the hotel, if you have no place on it, it is your own problem. The shuttle back is leaving very early, about 3-4 hours before park closing. Stay away!!!

Plentty of parking.

It was an ok stay for the price. If I had to grade it, I would give it a C.

For some reason our room felt "moist"; as if there wasn't any circulation or "venting" in the room. The bathroom didn't have a vent. So the room smelled musty, every time we walked in. No meat served with breakfast.

Location was great. Down the road from the convention center.

They gave me a room that was already occupied and we walked...

They gave me a room that was already occupied and we walked in on people sleeping horrible and when we got a room I had no shower curtain and the towels were stained with what looked like blood

I really wish I could get a refund!!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Well for one the room they gave me was occupied and we walked in on people sleeping and when we got another room the bathroom had no shower curtain and the towels were stained with what looked like blood. Horrible horrible horrible!! So embarrassing and scary to walk in on people sleeping that poor couple was freaked out and yelling at us with reason. Those mistakes should never never never happen

Wonderful Place
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There's a lot of traffic in the area surrounding the hotel. This made it difficult to go to the surrounding restaurants and such. But that's not the hotel's fault. Also, they didnt have a microwave in the room that I stayed in, and I couldnt heat up my food when needed.

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were well equipped and very clean. I truly appreciate the shuttle service that take you to the different theme parks also.

It was close to international drive where we had a nice...

The room was as big as my closet, I felt the room was at one time a storage unit for the hotel and when I walked in the carpet the bottom of my feet got dirty. We were charged $10 per person for breakfast buffet that wasn’t appealing so we didn’t eat breakfast at all. I wasn’t impressed that house keeping worked from 7am til dinner time rolling that cart up and down the side walk and there wasn’t anytime we could get any quietness because of that and the walls were extremely thin because we also heard everything from the next door vacationers.

It was close to international drive where we had a nice Saturday evening dinner with very good cocktails

Overall, we enjoyed it.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard as a rock. Before we even were ready to check out a staff member went into the room to start cleaning it out. She spoke no English.

The breakfast was hot and a good variety of food. The lady at the counter was very kind and professional. The pool was nice and warm.

The breakfast wasn't good.

the breakfast wasn't good.

The breakfast wasn't good. Had to wait for refill on food. We ended up on the second, third and fourth day going out for breakfast.

Really good value

The property has a very good location, easy to get from Orlando International Airport. The room exceeded our expectations regarding cleanliness. The hotel offers a very good value for the money. We experienced other hotels at same price level before that were way below the quality of this property. Probably will come back.

love it well be back again soon it's summer time
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

everything was good !! just don't like the fact they have a resort fee and it's not really a resort .

i really love the great job housekeeping did on my room very clean. the breakfast was really good just need to get up a little earlier lines was some what long .

Good for the money. I would say great motel quality.

The AC unit was very loud and blowing on the side of the bed, contributing to uncomfortable sleep. Also after booking and expecting one price at check out there were all the fees, look closely at the small print.

Friendly staff and great location. Breakfast was good, enough choices to find something for everyone in the family.

Our stay in Orlando

Still clothes from the people before us, floor was not swept, never enough towels, breakfast did not have enough items needed sausage or gravy and biscuits

Convenient to lot of places, centrally located for us because we went to both coasts for visits with relatives , seemed decently clean