Reviews of Beach Park Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

600 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139, United States of America

#312 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

6.2

6.2

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

A True Art Deco
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

We liked the friendliness of the staff, the funky elevator,the original wooden ceiling in the lobby,the size of the bedroom, the location and the bar.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The location was great.
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

For 450 dollars for 2 nights, i expected to at least have a microwave or a place to heat up my leftovers after a long night on the town! The shower had no curtain, rusty shower head, and no knob! The bed sheets were white, and I saw blue streaks everywhere on them!!??! Also, there's no outlets for your appliances unless you unplug the lamps which are the only light source! AND THERE'S NO PARKING!!!

The location was great. And so was the staff.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Great place
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

All was really good.

The location is very close to the beach. The owner of the place is super welcoming. I sent her an email in advance asking for vegan options in the area and she sent me a list of places which was very helpful. The place is clean and very comfortable. I would definitely come back!

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

I like it because it was by the beach
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

In the room the ac didnt work and is old style the room and when you looking the picture on booking is not even close to the pictures the rooms is old style rooms nothing is like on the pictures what i saw

I like it because it was by the beach

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Would stay here again next time I visit!!!
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

No laundry services. Had to hang up clothes to dry them from being at the beach. Forgot to hang my housekeeping sign so room wasn’t getting cleaned while I was away. Thin walls, could hear my neighbors and in the hallway while trying to sleep. No cable.

Location. Great value for the money. Close to beach, stores, and clubs. Friendly and helpful staff. Almost anytime I asked for something it was accommodated. Liked being greeted each time we came back from being gone. Even remembered it was my birthday!!

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Clean, comfortable, Alicia was great... very accommodating, pleasant, patient, kind, and cheerful.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

No coffee maker in the room but the deli right around the corner from TGIFridays had the best coffee so we went there for our coffees.

Cleanliness. Housekeeping gave me no problems when asking to exchange towels. The room could be chilly but we just shut the vent and that fixed the cold air problem when we needed. Staff was friendly, trusting and accommodating.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Our room was spacious and clean.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Would have loved to see continental breakfast or at least coffee in the lobby in the mornings. A rooftop balcony/ viewing point would have been awesome.

Our room was spacious and clean. In a great location.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

The hotel staff is great and very helpful.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

The hotel staff is great and very helpful. The room was exactly as it is in the photos and the view just amazing ! It is the perfect location just in front of the beach and the hotel gave us beach chairs and towels at no extra cost !! You have lots of restaurants and shops nearby. I will book again !

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

If you want to see what Cuba felt like in the mid sixties stay here!
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

Genius perks? Would be helpful if there were perks at all! Staff very unhelpful, rude and no facilities in the room at all. Fire alarm beeping every 15 seconds, reported to staff no one actioned. We were travelling with my 9 year old 3 year old and 7 month old baby. No kettle to sterilise bottles, ordered travel cot and none in room and was told rudely that they didnt have any anyway. Room looked nice but smelt horrendous. Beds creaked and woke up the family every time I moved!

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

NIGHTMARE!
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

Toilet overflowing Internet not working TV not working No breakfast Walls between rooms are paper thin Duvet without cover 4-star price for 1-star quality Service horrendous

This hotel was substandard in every way, so they only thing I liked was leaving!

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Good if you only care about the location
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

While in the shower, the water stopped flowing and the staff was very casual about it saying that there was a leakage, no apologies for not informing

Location was good

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Excellent location fronts the beach, perfect for sunrise...
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Noisy fan across hall from my room - too noisy at night. Old art deco building, could do with some renovating inside. Expensive for the quality of the room. It didn't help that it was Spring Break (I only realised that once I arrived!).

Excellent location fronts the beach, perfect for sunrise views, but can be a bit noisy at night. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

The cost you pay is merely for the view and the access to the strip and the beach... NOTHING ELSE!
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

The room was hot and we could not control the temperature. The television only had 3 to 4 working local channels. For the cost it would have been great to have hbo, starz or showtime. There was no microwave in the room! There also was no ice machine and they had an ice bucket in the room?! The furniture is very thrift storish and if too much pressure would have been on it the back would have given way. There was a 200.00 (refundable) deposit requested once you arrive that was not expected due to the $590 (non refundable) cost plus the fact they had already charged our card $270 something prior to our arrival. The fee would have been ok had we known previously to be expecting it. Parking was not very accessible and cost a whopping $20 a night not to mention if you left the garage and went somewhere off of the beach. Luckily we have family in Miami and we left our rental at their home and had them drop us and pick us up from our room.

The view from our room was amazing.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

ok for one night
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

we could not sleep because there were some people talking outside our room - so the walls are thin. communication with staff was not so easy

The location is good. the room was clean

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Disappointed
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Did not look like the photographs. Lobby is in need of repair. Public washrooms absolutely filthy. Air conditioning in room did not work well and very noisy.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Will not go back here.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

The pictures are a lot better than reality. Lot of young yelling people. Booking was not good in the system. We were booked with 4 in a room for two but we booked 2 rooms. Took a long time to check in. When we checked out the room was checked before we could leave the hotel. Feels more like a hostel for young people because of that.

The room was clean and we had a great view

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Good location, bad internet
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

The internet was basically dial-up internet it was bad the entire time, don't be fooled by the strong connection in the lobby because once you get up to your room it's gonna suck. It was impossible to send stuff on social media. I had to complain 3 times before they did anything and even then it was horrible.

Location. Some staff members.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Not a good experience. Would never stay here again. Don't waste your time or money here.
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

The staff were extremely bad, very poor check in experience. The lobby was dirty, the rooms were clean enough, but mold around the bathtib, and super noisy and uncomfortable mattresses.

The location was good...but that's it!

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

A pleasant hotel which offers better value for money than most
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

We couldn't control the air conditioning in our room but on this occasion it was not a major problem

The location was brilliant, straight across the road from Miami beach. The staff were very friendly and the hotel offers extra towels and chairs for the beach for a deposit. The elevator was cool.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Very comfortable room and good location (in front of the...

The air conditioning is terrible, it didn’t work during our stay at the hotel. There is no parking lot but they offer a valet service for USD 36/day. It is VERY expensive and you will not have a choice since the street is very crowded. From outside the Hotel is scaring since it seems to have low quality, and the reception is dirty.

Very comfortable room and good location (in front of the beach and near lots of amenities).

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Will never recommend to anyone. Staff is friendly and the location is great but hotel is terrible
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

The bed made so much noise. There was only one electrical outlet near the best and it was behind the bed. The front desk looks like crap. The windows in the room did not open which is an extreme fire hazard. The walls are thin so you can hear everything in the hallway, in the room next door and in the parking lot behind the building. The housekeepers were in the hallway talking and laughing very loudly. Not relaxing at all. And lastly, we had left a jacket in the closet so we called that same night and asked if they had found anything. They said to call back in the morning. I called back the next morning and they said that the cleaning lady did not find anything which is absolutely impossible. It was the only item that we hung in the closet. Only two things could have happened. The cleaning service took it or they did not look inside it and another guest took it, which would mean the cleaning staff did not do their job properly.

The only good thing was the location and the people at the front desk were very friendly.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Again, Alicia was a great help! She made us feel welcome and very helpful as to what to eat.
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

Not many outlets in the room. Small tv and placement of the tv. Detailed cleaning in the bathroom. New tub material for sure and tiles need cleaning.

Alicia was awesome! She made sure I was well taken care of. I enjoyed my stay despite the fact they could use some room updates. It was a great location though and for that price, hey! My friends and I had a good stay, we actually spent most our time outside the room so I’m satisfied.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

expensive
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Hotel was under renovations and overcharged me. Room was very small. Air conditioning was awful

Location was great. Everything else was poor. And they overcharged me by $200! I'll be calling for a refund

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Close to the beach and everything else.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

You can’t change the room temperature. It was freezing during the night. I stayed with a baby so it was a big deal for us. Our bad was comfortable but squeaky. Seems like there was no noise insulation on the windows and between the rooms at all, you can hear everything inside and outside the hotel however it wasn’t too noisy at night time.

Close to the beach and everything else. Very nice staff at the hotel. They try to resolve any issues immediately. Clean room.

Not worth your money.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

AC could not be regulated Too noisy. Some night could not sleep . No even a hot water kettle available in the room No facility with microwave to heat foods. Excessive service charge for nothing.

Too much money for below average services

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

It was a very romantic trip for my husband and I. We enjoyed the beach,food,drinks and locals.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

You can hear the street noise till early in the morning, so make sure you bring your ear plugs. Early in the morning the city power washing the streets early in the morning. The hotel is located in a very busy street (single lane each way ) with many restaurants and bars.

The hotel was built in 1920's it looks like Havana or Puerto Rico. The hotel is considered historic so many of its details still remain. The hotel has a street level porch where you can sit. The hotel even has an old fashion elevator with the sliding gate. on the next block ( 700 Collins Avenue Miami Beach Florida) is a Cuban Restaurant open 24 hours. The prices in the restaurant were very, reasonable and the food was fantastic. This hotel is located in a very nice area with lots of clothing shops. We also took an uber to BaySide Marketplace to do some more shopping. The hotel is in a great location. The beach is literally across the street. The hotel provides beach chairs and towel for use at the beach. You also can rent bikes and other transportation. My husband and i sat at the beach till late at night watching the full moon. All of the associates in the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. Kudos out to staff Alberto, Marilyn, Alicia, Shara and Lisette! The hotel has a street level porch where you can sit.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

All in all, except for the few items I have mentioned, I would recommend a stay to others.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

There was no individual thermostat in the room so the temperture of the room was not in one's control. The best you could do was to close off the registers and stop the cold air from coming into the room. Our stay being in January during a rather cool spell, air conditioning was not an option I would have chosen.

The staff were friendly and helpful. And as most of Ocean Drive, the building was old, though it has had a complete renovation, much to the good. The premises were clean and freshly painted but still retained much of the late twenties early thirties look and feel.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

The interior of the room is really nice.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Unfortunately I had the generator for the aircon direct infront of my room and it was super loud. Luckily I had earplugs with me which I used. In the room is no control for the aircon. The wifi is the worst thing. It is an insecure wifi where I logged in. It didn't work properly and had so much problems with that I bought a SIM card. Since I logged into the wifi, I get strange calls of different numbers from Miami. I think this should be fixed very soon. Genereal it is a very nice hotel. Just a bit too expensive for the conditions and the wifi problem.

The interior of the room is really nice. i had a room with the view to the beach and the ocean. That was amazing.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

This would have been a top rated stay if the hotel would eliminate the $200 deposit policy.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Their policy of charging a $200 deposit to your credit card is quite annoying. It has been 5 days since I have stayed there and I still do not have the refund to my credit card in spite of having contacted the hotel. Please know that you will also have to pay a resort fee and possibly $35/day for valet parking if you have a vehicle.

Room decor freshly updated. Very pretty. The staff upgraded us to an ocean view room. Much appreciated. The location is great.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

horrible
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Dirty sticky you get nothing for you Money and i meen nothing never ever have i been in such a place in Europa nobody would even check in in such Place/to old/Time is over

when you get just out of prison you like thies Place stay away never ever in my life nothing

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

• City Single Room One Queen Bed

They falsely advertised vouchers of $5 US per person, which they advised is Booking.com's error and also advertise seating area in the room, when there is none, also blamed on Booking.com.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

My stay could have been better, unfortunately it wasn’t.
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like the fact we couldn’t control the temperature in the room. It would be so cold in our room where it became uncomfortable to sleep. I get it is an older hotel, but my friend end up getting really sick so we end up changing hotels our last night. The staff was quiet nosey outside our room when we would try to sleep. I had to literally had to get out of bed (8am) to tell them to be quiet. The WiFi was down, when I tried to sent off emails I couldn’t. And when I called they kept giving me expired codes. When it was time to take a shower black stuff would come out the faucet so I had to let the water run. So my experience wasn’t what I expected from the pictures. Next time I need to do better by reading reviews instead of looking at pictures, because looks can be deceiving!

Like I said the location was good, I liked how they gave you beach towels and chairs for the beach. I love how spacious our room was.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

The bed far too squeaky.
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

The bed far too squeaky. The floor in the room was on a slant. This wasn’t child friendly at all. Too much clutter in the room as in picture frame, fake flowers, glass table.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

It was ok but definitely not worth the price we paid
    • Deluxe King Room with Sea View

The rooms were tiny, so much for deluxe. There was no control over the A/C so the room was hot for me personally. Overall I feel like I overpaid for this room

The location is great. The staff was nice.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

• City Single Room One Queen Bed

Be careful with the price! The hotel fees and taxes are more than 100USD!!! It is a very expensive Hotel! Take Prices on booking.com and add 100USD at least.

Good location Clean

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Not worth money. Went to visit family for Christmas, we paid over $100 for parking during our stay.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

There was misinformation about the property on Booking.com. Because of the inconvenience, they upgraded our room to an "Ocean View"... this was no ocean view and I'd hate to know how much it really cost.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Our friendly host Alicia gave us the most fantastic room...
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

Our friendly host Alicia gave us the most fantastic room with a perfect view on the ocean. The hotel was super relaxed and everybody was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Good for the money.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

There is no way to control heat or air in the room. There is no sign outside of the building so we drove in circles trying to find it. The elevator takes some getting use to.

In the heart of everything on Soith Beach we could walk everywhere and the staff was so friendly and helpful. There is also security so we felt extremely safe.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Enjoyed the location so much.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Poor facilities of the room, a freezing air- condition that you can not control. No coffee at the premises and you need to walk for two blocks at 6 am to have your Coffe.

Perfect location in Ocean Drive, friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

The location was very central and perfect.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

The location was very central and perfect. The rooms were very cold. Not surprising given that Miami is hot but we went there in December so nights were at around 65-70 so blasting the AC wasn't necessary. Would be great if it could be controlled in every room.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

All in all, perfect holiday location - ok place to stay otherwise
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Just a great location - everything else was ok and as expected. Great for the beach and nearby places to go

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Staff was very friendly, and helpful.
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

Staff was very friendly, and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

It's was comfortable
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that they didn't have breakfast and if they did they didn't let me know.

The freshness of the whole hotel

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Nice rooms, great location but no breakfast

Terrible internet! Hotel doesn't offer breakfast :(

Comfy bed! Cleanness, excellent location

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

It was cool
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

The parking company they use is TRASH!

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Beautiful hotel with excellent location and very friendly and helpful staff.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

neighbors were fighting at 4 am, but it is South Beach, right? :)

Mattress is not comfortable but the staff is extra friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Central aircondition - you can't control it yourself and...
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Central aircondition - you can't control it yourself and it was very cold in the room.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Miami Weekend
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Wi-Fi in room didn't work

Room was lovely. Location was great.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Best Location

The Air Condition

Best Location

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

ok but not the best place
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

the room wasn't like the picture. no space ,tv was small, no good light, tub too small, keys old fashion.no view of beach out our window.

the view

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

The value for my money, location, and the look of the place...
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

The value for my money, location, and the look of the place was very nice and I will visit again.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

I’m not going back and I’d never recommend this place knowing the extent of the bugs and the noise.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

There were bugs. Bed creaked. Windows did not open. No self setting air conditioning. Room did not have a fan.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Wi-fi

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Lovely
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Very good location , Art Deco hotel, I loved the deco, very clean . near the beach. Frankly I was very satisfied with my choice!

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Location and price
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

I couldn't control the airco

Location and price

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

poor internet

poor internet

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

View was amazing.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Room was super noisy, even though 2am. There is no soundproof function.

View was amazing.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Too loud

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Great location and fantastic room
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Staff were excellent in accommodating a late change free of charge

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

• City Single Room One Queen Bed

The room was way too cold, as it is not possible to control the temperature from the room

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

• City Double Room Two Queen Beds

The Assistant Manager Alicia Was Great Very Helpful, Hotel Suite Was Amazing. great place to stay, highly recommend.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

very old property , wasn't clean , they were remodeling know one told us

linens where stiff

bed's were very hard

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Great location and staff was friendly.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Maid service was excellent. Room was very cozy. We received chairs and towels for the beach.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Piece of garbage

Staff sucks

Nothing building is old

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Enjoyed!
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

We had a wonderful stay. Would have enjoyed a few more channels on the tv. Everyone was helpful and obliging. We’ll be back!

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Perfect location!

The bed wasn't comfortable

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Great view and great location!

Was being renovated

View of the beach from room

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Very friendly the girl in the reception!
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Very friendly the girl in the reception! location 10 points, clean and confortable

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

The was not working

The was not working

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Decor was nice and location good .
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

No coffee facilities and windows did not open

Decor was nice and location good .

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

No parking

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Location was superb and the lounge area was nice.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

Check in wasnt until 4pm. The generator outside was very noisy.

Location was superb and the lounge area was nice.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Beautiful hotel in a fabulous location
    • City Double Room Two Queen Beds

The exterior of the hotel was under construction

The location and the size of the room

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

The location was amazing.
    • City Single Room One Queen Bed

The location was amazing.

Browse Beach Park Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery