Reviews of Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters 4 stars

1615 Rhode Island Avenue N.W., Northwest, Washington, DC 20036, USA

#116 of 138 hotels in Washington

• Queen Room

Nothing I will definitely stay at this hotel again for my next trip

Close to all the staff were super friendly especially the doormen Teddy and Solomon we were upgraded to a more expensive room which was beautiful

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The brekfast is too expensive for what you receive. There is shower stall, onky a bath The toilet are not so user friendly

Very good location in a great neighborhood Good room, very convenient and large

• Queen Room

If this hotel is selected as convention hotel, it is remarkable that during weekend days, when the convention starts at 8:15 AM, no breakfast is being served.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

We had a very bad experience. We booked two beds because we were three people but when we arrived they gave us a room with one bed and one bed sofa. Their solution was that we could cancel without any fee but it was Saturday night and no possibility to look for another hotel. We are asking for a refund because we paid for two bed instead of one bed and one bed sofa but we are not receiving any feedback from them.

• Queen Room

Everything was good, only comment I can make is that we were next to the Lau dry facility for the cleaners and washing machines were loud. But they didn’t run overnight so no problem!

Good location and good value for money in the deal we got with booking.com

• Queen Room

Location is a 20 min walk to National Mall... Room was small, but clean. The bed was squeaking, pillows are good, No way to to set the AC temperature. When on -, it was too cold - had to turn it off.. And why, in this world, would you decorate the walls with the same huge pictures on the walls... Stuff was OK. The need to clean and upgrade bathrooms on basement level by restaurant

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The bed was not comfortable and the air conditioner was not working well. Also there was no counter in the bathroom so it was awkward to keep toiletries on the table outside the bathroom.

Location was good. The room was a decent size. Close to several restaurants and parking was nearby. Check-in and check-out were quick.

• Corporate Quarter Suite - 1 King Bed

I would have liked a coffee mug, I am not American and not used to drinking from cardboard or plastic

the bed was great and I was upgraded to a suite which was most pleasant

• Queen Room

The room was extremely small. There was barely anywhere to put the coffee pot so the kept it in the closet. I kept almost knocking over a floor lamp due to the lsck of space. There was also nowhere to put my things in the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly and the beds were comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The bathroom was little bit too small but this is the only thing that was a little bit negative

This hotel is close to all main attractions within walking distance, so if location is main key for you, it is right one for you. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. On the street that you can walk from hotel to White House you can find a lot of small restaurants, so really easy for those who prefer sleep longer and didn’t have possibility to take breakfast in the hotel.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Construction across street started early every day. Not the fault of Beacon. Just made for a short night's sleep. Bathroom toilet placed very close to side wall.

Excellent bed. Nice view.

• Queen Room

Room Service was regular. They forgot to give us coffee on two occasions and we had to request Front Desk for it. We had a small incident when we arrived, because the air conditioning was not working properly and after several requests, for maintenance to come and look it up, we finally got another room that was suitable for our needs.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was perfect. Location was excelent, closed by restaurants, shops, metro and for walking pleasure. One day I had breakfast at the restaurant tand the food and service was good.

• Queen Room

The noise from the corridors were quite loud, closing doors etc. The cleaner entered the room early while I was getting ready. Could do with a bit of fixing up.

Friendly staff, great location, comfy bed

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The staff were pretty rude and not helpful. they took 3 extra hold deposits on seperate days throughout the stay without warning. Over £1500 extra on top of the actual payment. they forgot to leave fresh towels, coffee and cups in the room on a regular basis. It was average in terms of positioning to the main area of DC. They do not respond to any emails despite receiving 12 from myself.

The room was large and the bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The room services wasn't good, they forgot things that should have been automatically included. Every morning we order breakfast, something was missing on the tray. No milk for the oatmeal, one morning no brown sugar or raisen for the oatmeal, no water on the breakfast tray ect....

The staff was great

• Corporate Quarter Suite - 1 King Bed

Wifi was free but the connection wasn't super reliable

Great room with tons of space. Breakfast was good and location was great - 15 min walk to convention center and a short cab ride away from the tourist attractions.

• Corporate Quarter Suite - 1 King Bed

Wasn't informed at check-in that room was 'accessible' which I didn't want; had no time to request change. Safe out of order and I had to be in room when staff adjusted it. A/c & heating old fashioned. Worked but was so loud I turned it off to make phone calls or listen to TV or sleep. Copier in b'ness ctr didn't work. A+ desk staffer Mr. Cupido (sp?) helped me w. copies. Returned 6:30pm Sun. and full dishwasher hadn't been run. Called desk and detergent was delivered so I could run it. Various fixtures in room needed updating and could have been cleaner. These are small issues but add up to Beacon not comparing well to other hotels in the immediate area.

Lots of space in suite; plenty of seating and good lighting. Plenty of outlets for computers etc. Loads of storage space. Convenient to have a kitchenette. Front desk staff particularly helpful and attentive/professional. Location is great for me: Close to transit and in downtown; plenty of sources for food (both restaurants and quick take-outs).

• Queen Room

We had to change rooms twice and my fiancé was under a weight lifting restriction while I was in meetings. The AC/Heat failed causing the final room change. I purchased these accommodations 6 months in advance, and probably deserve some type of credit for the inconvenience.

Location and kindness of the staff

• Corporate Quarter Suite - 1 King Bed

The breakfast menu could have been a larger variety of items most Americans eat for breakfast.

Room was very clean and well taken care of. All staff personnel were very helpful and friendly. The two men at the door are very courteous and good at what they do. Check in and check out was very efficient. Location was good for being close to the business I was there for.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The room was for 3 to 4 people. Not enough towels provided. No microwave. Check in we had asked for parking when we booked but it was a hassle to get it. Found the staff to be lukewarm.

Location! Location! Location! 1 1/2 blocks from the Chilean consul where we had early morning business. Good experience on checkout.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Very noisy guests after one am, only three large towels even though we were five persons. Only two coffee cups and coffee sachets even though we were three adults and two kids. Beds are small.

Happy hour and the location were good.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

I didn't like that the room wasn't ready early. I also didn't like the hot rooms. The air condition was not working properly.

I loved the friendly staff and the delicious restaurant.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The room is clean, smell good, I like the pillows, bed and blankets. People are nice, very helpful.

We enjoyed our stay. Great experienced, I will definitely will go back again.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The room was horrible quality Plus, they require a valet parking for $40 night. They said they were full to capacity. We had to park two blocks away, and secured a $200 parking ticket because of it

• Queen Room

Receptionists really disorganized, e.g. they didn't know about my booking and it took quite a while for them to find it. Stayed for four nights and WiFi never worked in the evening hours - not ideal for a business hotel. Bit noisy.

Well located for doing business in DC. Had booked a king-size room but was upgraded to a suite, which was lovely. Staff was friendly.

The shower did not work on the first night of our stay, they had do a major repair to make it work on day two. The thermostat in our second room did not work, the room was too hot. The staff was not responsive, and did not offer good advice on local transportation / near by restaurants

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The toilet was clogged when we got into the room, whoever cleaned should have let you know that problem. The problem was took care quickly 2) The toilet should be sealed and labeled "cleaned".

• Corporate Quarter Suite - 2 Double Beds

Before I arrived I wanted to make sure our reservation is completed, hence I gave them a call upfront. After 15 minutes of discussion over the phone they could confirm it. When I arrived at the location (we arrived at 9 pm after 8 hrs of travel with 3 kids), I had to wait 30 minutes in the lobby, because they had to register my data in the system (in the meantime the reception was not busy at all). Finally when we got to the room, we recognized that there's no fridge or microwave in the room although it was in the description of the room when we booked it. So the place is nice, however the staff is unprepared and the service is somewhat less than what they promise.

The place is in a very good location, all attractions are easily accessible. The hotel is nice also. However we had issues with the preparation of the staff in the hotel.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

I had an early flight in the morning and I had no hot water in my room and no one from the staff seemed shock to hear about that not a single word! I do not recommend this place even for free!

• Queen Room

Bit far from the center, arrogant service, expensive parking, unstable WiFi, below average restaurant, bit noisy

Large and clean room, nice neighborhood, full amenities

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

No parking for light pickup had to walk 4blocks to a public paying parking then walk back to hotel during check-in and out. During check-in staff very unfriendly, checkout staff was absolutely great. At Restaurant staff not to friendly prices very high for a simple breakfast and dinner

• Queen Room

My room was near the lift. There was a locked door in m u room shared with service area. Very noisy. People talking all the time on the other side

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The food and the waiters at the beacon, no microwave and we were catching an early flight we had our music up slightly. no louder than a TV, we got a noise complaint and they then said they'd call the police. I'm going back to DC in three weeks and I've already booked a different hotel.

The valet staff was great, everyone else was mediocre

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Very high accidents/safety deposit at check-in (refunded at check-out). Expensive breakfast, but we had a kitchen so no problem. In some tiny details you could see the hotel is a bit older, like the darker brown-ish designs, smaller TVs, a bit of rust on the door hinges, tiny bits of wallpaper starting to peel in hidden spots and plushies in the hairdryer, but all of that is nitpicking.

Great location, big comfy bed, we had a full kitchen and seating corner with desk and second TV with HBO. Big bath, very clean bathroom. Great helpful staff at all times. Good WiFi too.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Location: Excellent Employees: Very Good Around the hotel are located very good restaurants, the hotel is in the center of the city and it is very easy to walk.

• Queen Room

The air is very dry (and it seems like not really possible to open the windows, so not that much fresh air), and the heaters rather noisy.

The cleaning staff are extremely nice.

Aircon was very loud.

The room was decent, though the aircon did not work well and they had to provide us an additional heater. The next day I found a cockroach on my luggage,. We informed the hotel and they moved us to a bigger room. It was more comfortable, though the aircon was very loud and we couldn't sleep well that night. However, the staff was helpful and responsive when we told them our issues. Location was great too.

• Queen Room

Room was small, food at the restaurant is OK, not great. Room was very cold with only a separate wall heater.

Staff was very friendly & helpful. Convenient location.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

unprofessional and very rude staff. I was told that the parking lot was full by a very rude man at 2am and that I had to find parking myself. I paid for valet, so there was no option for me to park elsewhere. I hope he will no longer be employed.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

There is no pool or hot tub, sauna, etc. Tried to call front desk and room service many times and no answer. There should more priority around this! Brunch was overpriced.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Manager was very personable at front desk.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

My first room (811) the vent in the bathroom was on the floor the minute I walked in. My next room (805) was dirty. Like it wasn’t even cleaned properly. Staff were very unreasonable. They claimed they didn’t have any more rooms available but. Saw for myself they put someone in the same room (811) after I complained about the vent. They lied and said they shut the room down for repair. Overall disappointed 120$ fir poor customer service and a dirty room. I will never stay at this hotel again. Do not waste your money on this hotel!

Food at the restaurant.

Food was basic but the staff friendly and very helpful. The staff and the receptionist had great energy and were kind, informative and deliberate.

• Queen Room

You provide robe but not slippers. If you doing a good thing please do it in full or dont do it at all. Half work annoys and puts a black spot on your hotel.

I liked that staff immediately responded to the problem with the heating in my room and changed it with larger and better room. I appreciated the fast and responsive work of the staff of front desk and technical person of the hotel.

I liked everything

Well off the map in Washington DC ,such reg accommodation Thankyou ,perfect for corporate or important business or simply confidential private escape

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Incidental is a 100 a night, why? In the bathroom the toilet top was half way out. I didn’t even have a place to make tea/coffee in my room. The gym that they claimed has weights has nothing. Equipment is not even working properly. I really did not enjoy my stay, I should have picked a hotel I’m familiar with (HILTON or MARRIOTT)

The bed was nice, pillows fluffy. The location is good as you are close to everything.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

I only wish we would’ve gotten a higher floor as requested but I knew it was based on availability.

Location was great, so close to everything and metro was just a couple of blocks away. Breakfast was also way better than expected.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Someone fast asleep in the bed when I opened my room door. Staff gave me a new room without even bothering to get off the phone to either apologise or let me know what floor or number my new room was. Otherwise an unremarkable hotel in an excellent location.

Location was good.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Room was bit disappointing. Stayed here before and rooms have had better layout. AC vent was off in corner so air flow was poor. Staff has been more friendly in past.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

more coffee and tea also milk in the room.did not request more during stay.

Kingsize-Bed,large airy room. 2glass walls plenty of light and house-keeping excellent

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The room service food is not good and way overpriced. Just order from Uber eats.

Big comfortable bed, large clean room with good quality amenities. A pretty decent location, 10 minute walk from the White House.

• Queen Room

Booking.com I was not aware that booking.com was making my reservation until I completed my Crefit Card process. I then realized that there was no refund possible, even though I did not seek a refund. I do not want non refundable hotel reservations. In the future I will book directly with the hotel not with your service.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The staff at the check-in counter were very friendly and accommodating. We especially wish to thank Landry--who went out of his way to see that our needs were satisfied.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

TV and remote were slow to respond and a bit awkward to manipulate

Suite conveniences.....very quiet.....comfortable bed and pillows......good AC.......restaurant atmosphere and reasonable prices for DC

• Queen Room

We booked a room with a Queen size bed and they gave us a room that had two twins. We went to the desk to inquire about being moved and they told us we should stay in our room because the only room with a queen available was near a loud laundry room. Not a deal breaker, but disappointing after a long day of travel to not be able to share a bed with my wife.

The location and price were excellent. Highly recommended for people who want to be within walking distance of the Mall and the Smithsonian museums. Lots of parking nearby for less than the hotel charges for valet parking.

• Deluxe Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Service was not at all friendly or helpful. No one would smile, greet you or help with luggage when we were clearly struggling on our departure. The hotel, whilst clean, is tired, smells stale and there is no mini fridge in the rooms.

Great location, room was huge and it had a good bathroom with tub. Also, wifi was free and good.

• Queen Room

Room was small and due to city traffic/construction a bit noisy.

Excellent staff! Very nice location easy to get to my business meetings. Short walk to Metro stations.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The Beacon is in a great location. We used this great location to plan all of our adventures. It is clean and the bedding was very comfortable. Room was modest in size. The restaurant was OK, we had breakfast there each day and had dinner there once.

• Queen Room

The fact that there's no small fridge in the room was quite inconvenient before I realized it. And the room I was staying in had a combined closet (coat/clothes hanging area) inside the bathroom, which was a little weird since I wouldn't hang my clothes in the bathroom. And the A.C. was a bit loud at night. But other than that the room was okay.

The room was spacious and overall nice. Pretty good location if you're doing most of the sightseeing in the city.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The parking cost was very high, but I managed to find parking across the street for less than half the price for a single overnight session.

The room was comfortable and well worth the price!

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Noise. First, there is a construction going on just across one of the streets it is on. It isn't active on weekends/holidays, but has been very noisy Friday morning. Even without the construction, both street noises and loud activities from other rooms (suvh as takibg a shower, flushing the toilet, loud talking...) are audible. Not the worst i ever seen, but something to consider.

Nice, big, perfectly clean room, helpful staff.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Parking at $42 was a little steep BUT very central location to DC and as was valet it was extremely convenient. I didn't mind for the one night and the rate I got the room for.

Staff were excellent in making us feel welcome. We required a crib for the room and they took care of it immediately. Got a fantastic rate for the night too.

• Queen Room

Nothing. Pity that rooftop bar works only from 5pm.

Location is great! We booked Queen Room for Friday so it was quite cheap price (obviously prices are much lower on Fr-Sat-Sun in Washington). Very clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff.

• Queen Room

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

The Staff was absolutely amazing. The location was perfect! We came in for my partners birthday and everyone was so polite and accommodating. We truly couldn't have asked for a better hotel to stay in! Comfortable and clean rooms, amazing view, good food at hotel restaurant and wonderful staff who helped us navigate the city and treated us very well.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

To pay $50 for parking by hotel .

Everything was ready on the Bar/Restaurant connected to the hotel in walking distance of everything had a wonderful stay.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Everything, location was great, quality was fantastic and staff were excellent. We made a mistake when booking and booked to leave a day earlier than we should have, the staff accommodated us and booked our extra night and the same rate and were extremely helpful. Walking distance to whitehouse.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

My remote control was not working properly. It's a good thing that I didn't have any time to watch TV.

I really like the location. The Dupont Circle area is my favorite place to be. From there, I can easily access the rest of the city. The area also provides a variety of shops and restaurants to enhance your experience.

• Queen Room

Unstable basic Wifi Connection. An upgrade would have been possible for 12$ per day

Nicely located. Just a quick 10 minute walk to the White House. Large room

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The humidity that was hanging around Washington during our stay

The property is well located, clean and welcoming. The onsite restaurant and rooftop bar are brilliant - food in the restaurant was lovely and well priced and the views from the rooftop were fab. But the true crowning glory of this hotel is its staff. From the entrance all the way throughout the hotel the staff were attentive, knowledgeable, eager to assist and just plain welcoming. Many hotels we stay in are very well fit out but have no warmth - Beacon has it all

• Queen Room

It is not obvious, but they hold an extra $150 /day from your account. When I asked about it, they arrogantly lectured me, that I should have read the papers. Maybe you guys should draw attention on that. Also the toilet didn't flush. They couldn't fix properly in four days. At last I gave up using it.

Good location.

• Queen Room

Room service food was horrible

Honestly everything was good besides food from restaurants it was horrible. The need to buy better quality sausage for the amount they charge. Besides that everything else is awesome

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

We loved everything regarding our stay.

My wife fell in love with the comfort of the bed. She wants to know, if you could send her one of your establishments beds. LOL!!!🤣😂🤣

TV could have been HD.

Clean, comfortable, lots of space, quiet and great location next to metros, Dupont Circle, and 30 minutes walk to the national mall.

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The breakfast was included but you can't order what you want. Just one plate less than 13 dollars and coffee or juice. I got disappointed. The key room did't work very well.

Room Cleaning

• Queen Room

Need to show ID in bar to buy a drink (embarassing)

Spacious room, upgraded to exec suite, good business centre, ice for drinks provided. Good location (opp Australian Embassy)

• Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Danger! This hotel make fraud with credit cards! I paid full amount of reservation by cash, but they requested credit card and charged it 4 times. First they charged $100, stating that this is security deposit, then they charged full amount of reservation, then again $100 and then tried to charge $200 more. At that moment my bank sent me message about suspicious transaction, just at night, and I didn't sleep whole night. First of all, when I booked room at booking.com there was no any notice about security deposit. When I came to hotel to check-in they said that my reservation was canceled, but I didn't cancel and nobody notified me that it was canceled. Then they gave me other room, not room that I booked, cheaper room with small window instead of room with big panoramic window, and changed it only after my insistent request. Then I had problems with safe box and air condition in room, was waiting for technician and lost time. Then I received message from bank that hotel make fraud with credit card and didn't sleep whole night, just when I didn't sleep already many nights before and was very tired, made at that day about 15 miles with pain in legs and back, which I have permanently after spinal column injury, and after this message I didn't sleep again, was upset and lost then the whole day. Next night I had to sleep for the 2 nights and lost other day also. When I told them about their fraud, they feign that they don't understand, they repeated the same absurd excuses many times, repeated that the policy of their hotel is to hold deposit ( there was nothing about this in rules), but had never answered on my repeated question: why they charged my credit card 4 times and much above full reservation amount. I was forced to explain to one clerk on front desk, to other clerk, to one manager, to other manager.