Reviews of Bedford Motel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

30 North Road, Bedford, MA 01730, United States of America

#2 of 3 hotels in Bedford

5.7

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Not What I Anticipated .......

No Brreakfast items , To Pricy ,& Toilet Leaked ! Showrer Floor Moved Around Under Feet ! No Blankets , Musty Smell ! Not Microwave Plate Yo Fit Correct , Freezer All Iced Up ! Night Man Was Rude !

The Windows Cuz They Open &Get The Musty Smell Out !

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

No coffee maker in the room, but my mother don’t want to...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No coffee maker in the room, but my mother don’t want to drink cold water because her stomach not comfortable, when I asked for help in the office the staff had bad attitude to me, he let me not bother him just buy hot water in store

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

It was very good value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Closed Captioning subtitles on the TV and no one who could help and they did not seem very motivated to help.

It was very good value for the money. Bed was comfortable. Room was nice with everything we needed. And we got the wake-up call we asked for. Only thing we didn't like was that we couldn't get the closed captioning subtitles off the TV and no one could help us. We found the CC annoying.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

It was an ideal place for a single, male adult traveling to...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It seemed that there were drug deals going on in the area.

It was an ideal place for a single, male adult traveling to visit a big city. Comfort of the room and proximity to a metro stop made it ideal, all at an affordable price.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

We were very happy to have found this place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Smelled a little stale when heat came on. Probably because I was there during slow season? Really no complaints

Very comfortable bed.Best hotel shower I have seen in a long time. Very friendly staff. Parking right outside of the door and all on ground level. Appeared very clean.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Very disappointed
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The toilet was dirty. The room could've been cleaned better. I found hair in the back piece of the sink. The Air conditioning didn't work.

Parking is right outside the room.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

It was not food.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I did not like anything about this place.

I was not happy with my stay. Room eas dirty. Trash in barrel. Gave me another room, but that one lost electricity. Both rooms had an odor to them. I would never go back!

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

ok

Room, office etc. was "tired" looking...mismatched tiles in bathroom, worn out chair in the room, parking was OK but squished.

Locatio convenience

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

A necessary stopover.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The motel had seen better days and was clean but evidently poorly maintained. 'Breakfast' was mean. Staff cool.

The site was quiet (on the side away from the road)

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

This is a very modest facility with inadequate Internet access.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Totally inadequate Internet access. Their website says "high speed Internet access", which is untrue. The Internet access was very slow to non-existent. The desk clerk acknowledged that it would probably be quite slow.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Nothing memorable. I have to check the diary to revisit what happened here.

For the price, it is definitely not worth the money. There was no breakfast and I regretted travelling an hour to Bedford from Merrimack. I would rather stay in the previous Quality Inn with breakfast and drive an hour longer to the next destination. The room size was okay, beds were ok, just not sure about the cleanliness as I had quite a bit of small red swollen marks on my hands and legs - not sure if there were bedbugs. Motel seem to enjoy cash more than credit cards, do insist on a receipt or invoice lest they evade taxes - my personal vibe! :( If there are better places to stay, I will take my money elsewhere. Honest. Oh..and they mentioned the office closes at 11pm and opens at 7am. So if you plan to arrive between 11pm to 7am, skip this.

hmmm..nothing. it wasn't a pleasant stay at all.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

We needed a room for one night close to Boston. It was clean, quiet and safe.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There should be a fan in the bathroom, since it was more humid than it should've been after taking a shower. There was supposed to be coffee in the small lobby in the morning, but there wasn't any made.

Due to flight delays into Boston, we were unable to check in until close to 3:00 a.m., but the guy at the desk was kind enough to wait up for us. (I had called much earlier about the delay). He also allowed us an extra hour in the morning before having to check out, since we'd checked in so late and would be tired in the morning. While not inexpensive, it was definitely the best value I was able to find this close to Boston.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

This is an "old fashioned" sort of motel like...

This is an "old fashioned" sort of motel like those that we stayed in in the 1960's. The staff was great and helped point us to local restaurants. I enjoyed the accommodations. If you are looking for something modern with all of the amenities, you might look for something else. This was worth well worth the stay!

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Value for a quick stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are old. Same for furnishings and fixtures. This does not bother me but it might for folks who demand a modern facility.

Spacious room, enough for people, luggage, and other stuff. Very friendly couple who run the property. Quite sufficient for a late drive in and and early departure.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Dirty falling apart 1950's motel

The motel is a dump and should not be included on Booking.com The rooms are ancient, filthy, sticKY floors and carpet. TV without remote. Waited 4 hours to get one (that was only partially functional.)

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Great price!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the free Wi-Fi was not working the first night a,d it was very slow throughout the week. One day the room was not made up.

Great price! Clean and friendly. Quiet. Close to work and amenities. Excellent value.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

filthy place to stay
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Dirty dirty dirty... Filthy dirty so dirty we ended up leaving at 5 in the morning. Wish we could get our money back not worth a penny to stay somewhere so filthy.we checked in and were sent to a an uncleaned room, then sent to a different room which the only thing that had been cleaned in ages was the sheets. Everything about the room was dirty. Bathroom,microwave fridge furniture carpets dressers night stands walls etc. Terrible beds terrible pillows I wouldn't recommend to anyone and I would never pay to stay somewhere so filthy again in my life!

• Reviewed: May 23, 2017

Great place and value if your not in your room much
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a bit dated but not terribly so. The WiFi worked but was IMO subpar. It was spotty in places. If you like watching TV be prepared to be disappointed. They had about 10-15 channels and at least 5 were not in english.

It was good for the purpose. I didn't spend much time at the motel so it wasn't a big deal for me. It was nice and quiet. It was clean

• Reviewed: May 14, 2017

Very pleasant. The bed was super comfortable. I have booked again for a night in July.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not being a coffee drinker, I would have appreciated a cup of tea.

The location. Friendliness of the staff. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean. It was good value for the money.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Staff are rude.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We found the place as a place we could bring pets and wrote on the request, "Three Chihuahuas", We had a problem with the tv and a staff/owner? Came and fixed. Then they called and said dogs are not allowed and we might need to leave or go to a smoking room. Now this was a cheap motel, but I expected to pay more for the dogs. In the end she sent the guy back down to get a "tip" from us. No word how much. I gave him $20, but that whole things shouldn't have gone that way.

It was fine for a cheap hotel

• Reviewed: April 12, 2017

Nice location, mediocre facility.

Water poured out of the tank of the toilet every time it was flushed. The woman in the office sent a man in to fix it, but it was never fixed (he told me it was because the toilet was new). She began to get snappy at us when we mentioned the toilet and the smoke my friend smelled in the (non-smoking) room. She then told us that this particular room was normally only rented to family, but since they didn't have any other rooms it was given to us (I booked on this website, if there were no available rooms then why was I able to book it?). Then she offered to move us to another room (I thought they were all full?). We declined and said we would deal. The air conditioner/heater unit did not work (thankfully we didn't need air conditioning!), though at least the thermostat on the wall worked, and the room was heated by some other method. The sink drain was partially clogged and took a couple minutes to empty each time it was used. Lastly the microwave, mini fridge and a lamp were all plugged into a device allowing 3-prong cords to be plugged into a 2-prong outlet (not sure what this device is called). Didn't look safe to me..

The location was nice, and I was able to park right outside my door. The shower had good water pressure and a nice, adjustable shower head. The mini-fridge was also a nice larger size.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2016

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Where do I start? The room we were given initially was awful! It was too small for two adults both with luggage, the furniture was well past it's prime scuffed and scratched as was the microwave and refrigerator. The suspended ceiling had a piece of duck tape stuck on it and it was partially peeled off. The supports that hold the tiles in place seemed to have cigarette burns in places, and the tiles were warped, stained and ill fitting..the room was so bad I had to ask for a room change. The elderly, sullen Indian woman was not impressed with my request and said she thought we might like a room with a view of the woods, then proceeded to give me the keys to a room which she claimed she had originally booked us into....what a difference this room was..or so I thought initially. It was much bigger and the furniture looked relatively new. However on closer examination, the bathroom floor had a couple of big cracks, the sink vanity unit had a large crack in it and the shower surround was that melamine type sheeting which didn't really seem to be stuck to well behind the shower tap. The decor in the bathroom (tiles) seemed to be stuck in the 50's-60's. One of the wall sockets in the bedroom was hanging off of the wall, and a few of the sockets seemed loose. The view from the window looked onto what seemed to be the local dump for everything from cookers to washing machones and tumble dryers. Two days we returned to find no towels, despite rehanging them. We were informed, the first time this happened, that their tumble dryer had broken! We finally received towels at 21:00, I declined the hand towel offered to me as it had been in contact with the toilet plunger which was on the side of the clean linen trolley with the plunger part facing upwards...why would anyone keep such an unhygienic article somewhere where it can come into contact with something that people wipe their clean hands, face/body with? That is just disgusting in my opinion!!

The ice cream place right next door was good!!

• Reviewed: October 11, 2016

Great location near historic Concord and Lexington.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing to dislike given the reasonable price for the room.

Room with queen bed was very spacious and had a fridge, microwave, chairs, coffee table, desk and large closet. Bathroom was also large compared to many motels. Room was very clean and a good value for the money in an expensive metro area like Boston. Especially liked the location near the historic sites of Concord, Lexington and Bedford!

• Reviewed: October 6, 2016

Don't waste your money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Terrible shower- under the floor of the shower was like a water bed. The shower head was coming off the wall, like the plug socket on the bathroom wall. The tv went off and on with terrible reception the whole time. There was not even a fitted sheet on the bed. Just a flat sheet haphazardly tucked into a few corners. I paid $100 per night, traveling for business so unfortunately I couldn't change hotels. This was the worst place I've stayed in.

The pillows were decent.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2016

good and silent location with a forest behind the motel,...

Cleaning under the bed could have been better

good and silent location with a forest behind the motel, clean bathroom, close to Boston, Concord and Lexington

• Reviewed: September 19, 2016

Nice and Simple

The shower head could be better, replace with the simple ones.

I've been staying at this motel for many years when going to Fenway park. It's simple and clean in a nice town in MA and near historic areas Concord and Lexington. Family owned and good price. Short drive to Boston, park in Brookline and walk or take the T to Fenway.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2016

Always a pleasant stay.

This motel has owners on site, which I like very much. This was my third stay here, and now that I am familiar with the area, I will be staying here again. Clean, quiet (even when busy), I am always satisfied with my stay here. There is no breakfast offered (which I don't mind, I would rather have value then breakfast) but there are many choices for breakfast nearby, including a Dunkn' Donuts which you could walk to. There are a few choices to eat and shop in nearby Bedford, also. The motel is clean and comfortable. We appreciate the mini fridge and microwave as many chain hotels charge extra for them.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2016

we would stay there again when in the area...

i would have liked a breakfast included, atlho the local starbucks has good breakfast sandwiches

we were there in mid-august for the start of a college year in a nearby town. this is a quiet motel in a quiet small, almost suburb of boston. it is close to the major highways and was easy to get to and from the town. the owners were very helpful with directions and with a lost key and in general. in addition next door is a famous take-out ice-cream treats place with amazing helpings and tastes...

• Reviewed: August 31, 2016

If you are ALLERGIC to FEATHERS, dont go here: only...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If you are ALLERGIC to FEATHERS, dont go here: only feather-filled pillows and no synthetic ones! Otherwise I liked the surroundings, lots of lush trees around and sound of crickets in the night. Also a very tasty and popular ice-cream shop 5 min away.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2016

Excellent value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lack of kettle/coffee making in room, however, free coffee available in reception. WiFi patchy at times, but always available in public areas.

Excellent value for money. Large, clean room with good shower.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2016

For a cheep room, they are a good pick. It was a very safe environment for my young daughter.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

they are out off the main highway a bit, but they can't help that. The 2-lane road in and out gets backed up quite a bit at rush hour. The room, especially the closet, smelled like cigarettes and no matter how much perfume I sprayed, it still smelled.

When I informed the front desk the sink seemed to clog up after running the water for 30 seconds on our first day, the front desk got someone to fix it later that same day. There is one of the largest malls in the region just a few miles away. The staff was friendly and the bed always clean - they changed the sheets every other day.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2016

Just What Was Needed

Our windows to the back were facing the woods which was a wonderful exposure to nature that was needed especially just after surgery. The accommodations were just right.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2016

Solo Female Good and Mad...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I NEEDED my internet service and though I had a code from the owners, I had to take my laptop out to my car to get effective connection- I had some very important work to do, so that was frustrating!

The staff was friendly and hospitable, the rooms were clean, as a solo female i felt safe.The location was remarkably adequate!

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Everything was nice,great stay.

Everything was nice,great stay.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Good place for a budget minded traveler.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a little soft for me. Near busy, tricky intersection with heavy traffic.

Easy access to Concord. Whole Foods nearby.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Not recommended
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bad wifi, old tv’s, uncorfortable bathroom

Nothing to old

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

The parking lot was sheet of ice

The parking lot was sheet of ice

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

We enjoyed our stay and would probably stay agan.

Could use some updates.

Convenient for us. Pleasant place.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

My short stay was pleasant, and relaxing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The quietness of surroundings that enabled me to get a good night sleep.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

super-friendly owner/staff

super-friendly owner/staff

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

Stay at Bedford motel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The Wi-Fi kept disconnecting

Beds were comfortable. Motel was in a nice area close to the freeway

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Revolutionary value!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great location for historical Concord.

Owner/mgmt is great!

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Parking spots are tight for pickup trucks

Parking spots are tight for pickup trucks

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Friendly, quiet, comfortable and clean.

Friendly, quiet, comfortable and clean. Old-fashioned features contributed to cozy charm.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

descent place to stay for the money
    • Queen Room - Smoking

A little cleaner, but aren't they all a Lil dirty?

The people were really nice

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Great for the price

It was a little old

It was convenient, the staff was very nice. The price was good for our room

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

The staff was efficient and polite.

The staff was efficient and polite.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Not

Not room no cleaning

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

No soap , dirty sheets and towels. Carpet was sticking to my shoes while walking in the room. Terrible...

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Clean, no smell, comfortable mattress
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bare bones - shampoo, no conditioner, very low water pressure in the shower

Clean, no smell, comfortable mattress

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Comfy bed!

Avoid having the heating on while you are asleep - it is noisy.

Comfy bed! Quiet room and location.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2017

Close to my destination

The wifi is terrible

Close to my destination

• Reviewed: January 27, 2017

Great location with friendly staff but poor building with poor heating.

poor heating, dry air.

located on the main street in the town.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2016

Bathroom leaking shower, dirty

Bathroom leaking shower, dirty

Clean and comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower floor was unsteady. I felt as if I were showering on a boat in a storm.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Bedford meets NY

Hospitable, clean, very friendly, compassionate

• Reviewed: September 26, 2016

Overall, ok. Price was at the low end of other hotel/motels in the area, so can't really complain.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very old and not is great condition.

It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

Nice place to stay

Update the rooms.

It was nice a quiet. Check in and check out was nice and easy.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2016

Good value

Wifi was weak.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2016

Peaceful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Local internet did not work, had to use mobile wi-fi

Quite

• Reviewed: August 26, 2016

Owner/Manager is super friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It couldn't have been a better experience.

Owner/Manager is super friendly. Stayed up really late to greet me, when I arrived.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was somewhat rude; air conditioner was loud; no hot water one morning; daddy long legs spiders in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2016

no comment

landscaping

ease access to visiting site

• Reviewed: May 15, 2016

Pretty, historic town next to Lexington.

Pretty, historic town next to Lexington. Good access to Boston center, on a Saturday morning at least. Much prefer to pay $100 here than $300 in the city.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2016

Very friendly staff, rooms where clean

Although this was not a fault of the hotel the view from our room was of a dumping site for old house hold appliences!

Very friendly staff, rooms where clean

• Reviewed: April 5, 2016

There is nothing you like

The owner of this motel racist he thinks that he lives in India and all the staff are his Family they just staring at you when you walk or drive and they do that with everyone,, State of Massachusetts should shuts down his motel till he knows this is United States not India

There is nothing you like

• Reviewed: December 30, 2015

It seemed clean and was comfortable.

There's nothing fancy about this motel. My back window looked out over a junk lot with trashed dryers and semi trailers. This is good value for money, but that's all. I will stay there again.

It seemed clean and was comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2015

Very old motel but updated.

Problematic location.Don't look out the back window. No place to eat nearby except ethnic food. Wound up buying pre-prepared chicken and salad at a health food store. Boston area driving is scary. .

Very old motel but updated.and clean with decent lighting.and seating. Good size room--not cramped. Microwave and fridge. Wi-fi. Bed comfortable. Next to a great ice cream place. Good location to visit Concord and drive into Boston the next day.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2015

Room seemed clean, but other problems detracted.

Room had smokey smell (even though non-smoking) made it hard to sleep, bathroom sink very slow to drain after filling, only one small pillow per person on bed, no alarm clock in room (only clock was in VCR, but that was an hour behind). Internet was very slow and spotty.

Room seemed clean, but other problems detracted. Quiet.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2015

Staff hard to work with. Did not know the nuances of Americans well enough and acted like the customer service you get when it is managed by out sourced countries. Voice message and web info seems to hide who you are dealing with by using someone's voice with a US native with a Midwest accent. Everything was clean but old, TV old as well as AC/heat. Who charges for local calls anymore?

There are also 56 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.