Reviews of Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston 3 stars

340 Great Road, Bedford, MA 01730, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Bedford

You get what you pay for. Spend the extra $20 and stay elsewhere.

Loud noise/door slamming from stairwell outside of my room kept waking me up, really loud housekeeping staff in the mornings. Would not stay here again.

Love it, will come here again!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

kids got food poison from McDonalds next door, 3 of them ate McChickens and got sick right away from it. Ambulance was called

friendly styaff, clean rooms, love the pool inside courtyard setting

Awesome stay-recommend

I loved literally everything about this place. First of all this is the best value deal. You got great and comfy rooms, nice bathroom, great breakfast, pool and even gym.

Nice pool the rest ok just ok

My room was not in code

The air conditioner was running but pannel was broken you couldn't Work It. The whole plug was hanging out of the wall The lamps had one bulb the other side where bulb was supposed to be was empty .. my grandson almost poked a pen in it ... It was bleak room but not safe ..

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was just a room to sleep and no more.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Drain in tub did not work water remained in tub, we reported it and it was the same next day Hair dryer did not work and didn't have protected grill, very dangerous, reported it and was given another one.

Convenience of location, pool for children

Took a chance on this hotel, to be able to get into the city for our children's summer trip
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled like urine and cigarettes mixed with wet dog when we walked in and got worse when we ran the AC, the breakfast was less than expected. The towels where stained, there was something brown dripping down the wall near the bed.

The swimming pool was great!

Couldn’t get out of the place quick enough to get to work in morning
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled , needs to be updated . Just was really very outdated and the lighting is horrible .

It was just a packaged breakfast . You could make bagel , toast . No eggs

STAY ELSEWHERE!
    • Run of House

CHARGED ME FOR ROOMS AT CHECK IN! Very outdated, rugs were dirty, freezer was disgusting, one room had a bad odor. Would NOT recommend this place! We will NOT return!

Pool was nice. Breakfast was fine.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

That the staff opened our door.
    • Run of House

That the staff opened our door. While we were sleeping woke ua all up and could go back to sleep and it happened twice wish we got an sorry or a night free or 50 percent off cause i couldnt go back to sleep

The beds were comfortable and everything was clean.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Seems to have been built in the 1970's with very little modification. The location was awkward, wedged between 2 busy streets on a triangle, so that it was not even inviting to go outside. Because of the noisy location, it was not possible to open the window, and the A/C was noisy and inefficient.

The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. The staff we encountered were helpful and friendly.

I enjoyed the quiet environment.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The continental breakfast was ok...however the line for waffles was ridiculous. Also I had to buy my own cleaning products ... My bathroom shower was moldy. There was the offer to change rooms but we were comfortable except for that. The night manger sprayed something that didn't work... But Tilex did. Over all the stay way nice.

I enjoyed the quiet environment. The hotel is centrally located not to far from things. Also there is a pool which was nice.

We felt at home

The bathroom was tiny. There were no bedside outlets

Clean. Very comfortable bed. Great pool. Excellent parking. Convenience of elevator and cart to get bags to room was wonderful. Staff was lovely. Great privacy.

Nice stay for one or two days
    • Run of House

Liked the hotel. It was not luxurious but clean and affordable. Good for one or two night stay. Breakfast included in the price and there are some restaurants like Chipotle very nearby. Also liked the secured free parking lot.

Family stay at Bedford Plaza hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The reception area was not very welcoming and the carpets in the communal areas needed attention. The room was not very big for 5 of us.

The price was good. Liked the beakfast and also the pool. It was an easy drive to the railway station for access to Boston.

Loved it!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Everything was great!

We really enjoyed the stay. The staff was wonderful. The room was comfortable and clean. I loved being able to go from my room to the elevator and straight into the parking garage connected to the hotel.

It was quiet and low key.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff didn't seem to speak English. It took over 20 minutes to get a towel at the pool area. The pool area is in the middle of the hotel which makes it hard to keep warm and everything echoes. The worst part was breakfast. They had a buffet style breakfast set up, but it was very misleading because they didn't use it. Breakfast choices were waffles, bagel, cereal or fruit and the toaster kept shorting out.

It was quiet and low key. Not a ton of foot traffic so there was some privacy. There were plenty of restaurants and stores around so you could find things to do.

decent play to stay.
    • Run of House

the drunk/high guy at 2 am. he tried throwing a chair at the pool door. the owner of the place called the cops and they were told to leave. after the lady (she was with the drunk/high guy) who was with him kept saying it was on her credit card and under her name like 6 times. and they kept demanding their money back. i really hope they didn't give it to them. they didn't deserve it.

they had a decent breakfast. cereal, boiled eggs, bagels, muffins. no meats or eggs. waffles were good. pool was nice. they have a chair to help put people into the pool. if you're looking for a decent place to stay i would recommend it. it's 30 minutes from Boston and Salem.

The pictures are a lie.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pictures are a lie. The common areas are dusty, poorly lit and poorly ventilated. The whole place felt damp and musty. The room was an even bigger issue - the windows don’t open, even on the first floor, and the AC is loud and lucky it even turns on. It actually did not turn on the next morning. The light switch in the room didn’t work. The room itself was poorly furnished and the bathroom was from a nightmare. Looks like it has not been renovated in 35-40 years and has been poorly maintained.

Nice pool, rooms were clean, beds were small (full, not...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needed a lot of updating and fixing up. Broken window seal, broken mini blinds, stained countertop, broken door lock, old hair dryer, not enough outlets, toilet was small, crooked, and reminiscent of a middle school bathroom toilet.

Nice pool, rooms were clean, beds were small (full, not queen) but comfortable.

I guess Hotel used to be fancy 15years ago.

Breakfast was not what I would call breakfast at all. There was a bunch of the cheapest and most unhealthy items like donuts and pastries, waffles with cream, colourful cereals etc. which I was shocked about. How hotel that respects their name and their guests could ever feed someone a food like this? I am glad I found a few apples to start my day with.

I guess Hotel used to be fancy 15years ago. Our room was really big and clean, however not much natural light as windows are facing inside the hotel.it was the best price and quality ratio we could get near Boston over the weekend!

Hotel provided a place to get a good nights sleep, shower and breakfast .
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to drive back into the city with morning traffic, but that's the way it goes.

Needed a room for one night, cost of rooms in the city center were over $200, plus parking fees. This hotel was 15 miles outside of the city but was worth the drive. We were only there for 12 hours. It was quiet and provided a light breakfast.

Location was great!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location was great! Plenty of food and shopping all around. Good variety for breakfast. Pool was heated and clean. We all enjoyed the pool and our stay! Definitely will be back to stay again.

Never going back

I booked this hotel because we wanted to enjoy an indoor pool but the pool was not avaiable and they charged me any way for this service

The bed was great

I liked that the parking was underground and secure.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel could use some upgrades. Looked a little dingy. The blinds in our bathroom were broken.

I liked that the parking was underground and secure.

The swimming pool area was nice and bright.

The establishment desperately needs a facelift. It is quite dingy and shabby other than the pool area. Breakfast was minimal.

The swimming pool area was nice and bright. The room was comfortable.

We were disappointed, but the staff was trying his best to accommodate us.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

clock, toaster, waffle iron not working properly. Bathroom light on when we checked in, A dirty sock left under a chair, and, most of all, there wasn't enough room for the two children and three adults that we booked for. One child slept on the floor with additional blankets

interior parking gararge

A good value place to stay local

The towels were dirty and the room furniture was worn and slightly dirty

Room was comfortable; parking was very convienient; checkin was a breeze; I liked the 'home' feel of the bathroom

Mediocre

The pool was no running and I was not informed upon check in, two lights in the room did not work at all. There was no snacks and or beverages in any vending machine. Ice Machine was broken on second floor.

It won’t let me give a 1 star! Very run down place. Disappointed and wouldn’t go back.
    • Run of House

Most everything we didn’t like. The place is run down and nothing like the professional photos online. The pool wasn’t working, which is one of the reasons we went there. The room is so old with painted popcorn ceiling and the room had peeling paint. (Even the walls in the outside hallway were peeling on the way to the room) The bathroom is so small and rundown. The toilet felt like it was going to break off any any moment it was so old. The blinds were half broken. The heating system along the floor of the wall was dented and bent up and parts were very rusty. It wouldn’t turn off so our headboards that were above it were so hot) The kids were worried about sleeping in the sheets since the room looked as old as it did. Beds were uncomfortable and pillows bad. Carpet is old and yucky. I am not sure how this hotel has good reviews. I guess you get what you pay for, and maybe people are happy for the price they paid? It should be called a motel for what it is. Not worth staying there and would never stay there again. Sorry I didn’t get any photos, we rushed out not wanting to be there any longer than we had too.

The front desk person was nice. The breakfast was decent.

Never coming here again

Well the whole place smelled like paint. The staff wasn't very pleasant. The room was nasty. Stains on the sheet the bathroom was falling a part. Couldn't get the tv to work. The place has a lot of potential and it's huge but it seems very neglected.

The price and the breakfast were the only things I can really say that were good.

Don't Go!!!! This cannot be the first time this young man has done this.

Employee that lives on site had keys to every room at 2:00 AM and he was intoxicated!!!! It is against the law to try to force your guest to do "favors". It is against the law - breach of privacy for employees to use my personal information to contact me on my cell phone outside of business cause without my permission - to harass me! Owner did not care. Made me leave instead of doing anything to employee. Glad to go.

Nothing...amazing what they can do to a hotel when they make it a home for their employees. They protect the employees over your safety.

Nightmare! Employees have access to you and your personal property anytime-even when drunk!

an employee knocked on door at 2:00 AM telling me he had to talk to me right away. I thought emergency - he opened room next to mine and tried to get me do "favors". I tried to leave and he grabbed my arm and held door shut. He had handed me all of the hotel keys - I threw them and he let go and I got out. He then harassed me all night - calling, knocking on window. Most of their employees live in the hotel so owner said that instead of them keeping him off property, that I should leave???? I prepaid to be there 3 weeks for work - I had to take a day off work to move. I filed police report and owner said - that's okay, we know all of the officers. The excuse was - well, he was drinking and doesn't remember. The hotel did not protect me and allows employees to have access to all rooms even off duty and drunk!!! Not a place I would take young children or travel alone to. Unbelievable.

Nightmare - Like entering the twilight zone. One room they put me in the bathroom window would not close and it was 20 degrees - shivered all night. Towels were small and scratchy, breakfast was bread, the coffee is actually reused, lamp didn't work, microwave didn't work. I would not have let it bother me but....

Exceptional service for value $
    • Run of House

We were disappointed the pool was under service. That was one of the reasons we chose this location.

The service was excellent. There was true concern for our comfort, asked every time if we needed anything and letting us know what was available. We did leave Tuesday at midnight due to a storm coming we did not want to get stuck in. They were wonderful and understanding.

The staff at Bedford Plaza Boston is very nice.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is in dire need of a renovation. The way the rooms face the pool and the windows that open to the hallway and pool is more like a motel rather than a motel. I was grateful to find a room on short notice; like many other people my power had been knocked out by a storm, it was my only option.

The staff was great, the room was comfortable.

Worst hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They had bed bugs and the staff couldn’t care less about it. I told them about the bugs and they told me to sit in the same room with the bugs and wait for a response. I waited a solid three hours just for them to be awful. Waste of money

Only stay due to power outages. I wil never use this hotel again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was horrible. Outdated rooms.

Nothing to like. Poor service, no clean linens or towels. Broken glass window in the bathroom. Never staying here again.

An unknown gem

The attitude of the little short guy behind the desk when I checked in

Clean quiet and beautiful pool indoor parking under the building was very very secure

the parking was underground so it felt very secure and kept...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

breakfast was only cereal, toast, fruit, etc. would have appreciated a hot buffet, but at least it got us going for the day.

the parking was underground so it felt very secure and kept my car out of the overnight snow pool water was very warm. cable was not working initially. help from front desk was quick, pleasant and he fixed it!

Nice desk with plenty of power outlets.

Loose power outlet panel at desk (Possible child safety hazard). Would have liked bacon, ham, or sausage with "continental" breakfast.

Nice desk with plenty of power outlets. Good size room. Plenty of TV channels. Indoor parking. Free breakfast.

Pool was loud ... place was dirty ..there were dead flies in my windows ...stains on sheets...etc. It took three tries to get room right... First room was occupied😣 Second room had window curtains on floor. Third room was OK but dirty. Breakfast ..😬 pfftt.... Not really! I paid $25 for early check in .. Which was ridiculous considering the place was practically empty 🤔

Poor
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Gym didnt have any water Could have better machines They advertise Continental Breakfast and it was just Bread and Muffins Coffee Boiled Eggs and Orange Juice Apples and Banana,Yogurt and Thats it!

Cleanliness and Quietness

Terrific "sleeper" hotel.

Terrific "sleeper" hotel. Exterior presents poorly and odd lobby configuration is hard to locate and negotiate but convenient, tucked into neighborhood surrounding corporate centers makes for extremely convenient and big central pool/atrium - while slightly dated still makes for a very spacious, airy, bright and therefor comfortable stay. Overall a very excellent value for business travel in the area

6.0
    The continental breakfast was so so
    • Run of House

The property had an indoor which was the main reason why we choose it The pool was closed for maintenance Whatever that means since we got several answers ad to why the pool was closed Too much chlorine A surprise state inspection The state ordered it. Closed It doesn't matter We have three kids with bathing suits and no pool Which for us makes it a bit of a rip off since we could have stayed at a different hotel with an outdoor pool and less money then the only reason it might have to be closed would be rain Nice people working there

The continental breakfast was so so

The stay was very nice.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had trouble figuring out how to check in as you had to drive into the garage under the hotel. But they had carts right there to use for the luggage was nice.

My daughter and granddaughter enjoyed the pool and that it was heated. The breakfast was good. The room was very nice.

Nice, comfortable, vintage hotel in need of a few upgrades
    • Run of House

Rooms could use an upgrade, especially the toilets which were designed for children (small, round toilet seats are neither designed for, nor comfortable for, grown men). Location of hotel (so far from Boston area businesses) made it expensive to commute. Free Wifi was extremely slow, almost not worth using.

Vintage building but well-kept with friendly staff.

Needed a place to stay, when all other hotels were booked solid
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room wasn't clean, the sheets in one bed had long pen marks. The bathroom had mold in the shower tiles and the window as well.

The pool and parking.

Willing to assist
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The build is quite old and it appears that it is not maintained at its best condition Bulb light in the room was faulty

Willing to assist Very good air conditions

Continental breakfast had boiled eggs, yogurt and waffles.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpeting in room seemed sticky.looks like it was steam cleaned but not rinsed.slight mildew noted in bath tiles,needs a spray of tilex, but not that bad.

Continental breakfast had boiled eggs, yogurt and waffles.

Great one-two day stay
    • Run of House

The stale cereal and the fact that they just shoved the new bagels and English muffins in the front with the oldest in the back. Must rotate in food service!

The location and it was convenient from our room to the pool!

Worked well for us
    • Run of House

Outside appearance was terrible but facilities inside were ok although had seen better times.

Good value for money compared with hotels closer to the city

Good value for family travel!
    • Run of House

Hotel is NOT pet friendly.

the proximity to historical places and dining places is pretty good. also, access to public transportation, although we didn't use it -- it's good to know.

I loved that the hotel was older and showed a lot of...
    • Run of House

The breakfast they hold isn't my taste but I saw many who appreciated it. They use a lot of air freshener there and I have a fragrance allergy. But they did keep it out of my room when I asked.

I loved that the hotel was older and showed a lot of character. There were many food choices within walking distance and the parking garage is underneath the hotel with additional parking across the street. This place has true beauty for those not looking for a cookie cutter hotel.

This property is a older property but it was clean, and the...
    • Run of House

Bed was a little uncomfortable but it was clean. Needed a new shower curtain.

This property is a older property but it was clean, and the staff was very friendly. We were able to check in early and check out late as my daughter was in a conference till 11 pm

Funky little hotel & liked it.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy kids at pool in the early AM. Direct sunlight through eastern facing windows with no shades or curtains to block out.

I could tell management & staff were trying very hard to make this place as nice as possible.

Even frugal travelers should avoid this hotel
    • Run of House

I checked in at midnight and went to my room. It was already occupied. Fortunately the occupant was out, so I left without a scene. When confronted with what happened, the desk clerk said "that's crazy". Next room I was given smelled like a cave, and the lock on the door didn't​ work... The entire options for breakfast the next morning was two oily muffins and what looked like commercial grade.fruit loops. I would rate my experience as one step above sleeping in my car. I would never want my wife or daughters to stay here based on lack of security alone...

Bed was clean and comfortable.

All other furniture in room was dirty. I didn't want to sit on couch or chairs. the room wasn't completely finished-pipes visible in closet and poor caulking/ insulation job around air conditioning wall unit. Towels had stains.

Bed was clean and comfortable.

They provide extremely poor internet service.
    • Run of House

They provide extremely poor internet service. I'm using Verizon but my phone has been DEAD whenever I enter the property. I couldn't do anything since it says 'OUT OF SERVICE AREA'.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

i only stayed here because my airbnb canceled last minute
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

shower didn't drain, hair dryer didn't work, towels weren't soft, tv kept going out

didn't use the pool myself but the pool area was very nice

Worst hotel I've stayed at in over 40 yrs of travel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is extremely outdated, the beds were old, uncomfortable. Heat, air outdated. Bathroom was in bad condition, the noise level coming from common pool,guest areas was extremely loud all day night causing it to be very difficult to relax or sleep well. The tv only received basic minimum channels ... terrible property. Would not use or recommended this property again

I found the entire experience poor.

Nasty place,
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Is a nasty place, front desk don't care about anything also the continental breakfast is terrible and pool area disgusting

Is the most disgusting and nastiest place I ever stay in, duty carpets, duty pool , duty rooms , duty everything, I don't ever know why I star my there more than one night, it was nasty everything in general!!

Pool was nice, rooms were suffient.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast needs eggs and meat. Wasnt cleaned and restocked effiently, pool towels unavailable a lot. Hair dryer broken

Pool was nice, rooms were suffient. A.c./heat worked well.front desk staff pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Best value for the price
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was clean but in need of tile, grout and caulking work.

Understand that this is not a resort hotel. It was clean, very comfortable beds, perfect temperature in the room. Staff very friendly. Best value for the money.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

There were no eggs, but the waffles we could make were...
    • Run of House

The supplies were okay but limited. Yogurt and hot cocoa always had one, but there were three in our party, so only one got a cocoa or yogurt.

There were no eggs, but the waffles we could make were excellent. Plenty of hot water

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Ok because i needrd a place to spend the night
    • Run of House

The room was very small with very mold smells the ac has been on before I checked in and had to remained on all night to help with the rare smell.That is a very old building but could of keep it up with it. Everything needs to be updated it was not worth the money

The front desk staff was very professional

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • Run of House

Breakfast, no protein. Décor was not appealing to me. It reminded me of a funeral home. For this reason, I did not enjoy my 7 night stay. Could not get the WiFi to work and had to go to the office to get work done even on the weekend.

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The secure garage was a plus.
    • Run of House

Odd smell, sickening overwhelming floral. No cell phone reception, Wifi was slow. Bathroom window broken and no seal. Freezing in Bathroom. Electric in need a repair, very few outlets and not all worked. Most of them were extremely loose. Very dark and back alley feeling in the main areas. Should not list pool as indoor. In season only- FREEZING- not at all heated. Was told at checkin that we could use if we wanted to but it was basically a outdoor pool. At checkin staff very nice and friendly. The next day we felt very uncomfortable and seemed to be glared at by some of the older staff/owners

The secure garage was a plus.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Would not stay here again
    • Run of House

Where do I begin. Empty rooms and we were put right next to people that were fighting all night and slamming doors..why not put us far away from others if there are so many empty rooms? Front desk didjt know where anything was located and the room either had very hot hear or very cold temps and the television wasnt working very well at all

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Staff was very nice, room was clean and comfortable
    • Run of House

Breakfast wasn't very good. Not many choices sugar free items would be nice. Oatmeal packets would be nice

Staff was very nice, room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

good place for the money
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

the hotel needs an up date ,coffee makers in room plugs cannot reach an outlet, had to be placed on the floor or held above the mirror in the bathroom.The indoor pool not heated silly to have a pool and not be able to use it.

the price you couldn`t beat, free continental breakfast Free parking, close enough to the Altwife train station, to get into the city

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

You pay for what you get :(
    • Run of House

The room temperature was set to 65, and there was a cold draft from the windows that left me shivering all night. Bed sheets were thin, no comforter.

Continental breakfast but the options were few

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Recommended when visiting Boston by car
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Building looks a bit old, the windows can use some maintenance. The parking garage is a nice idea, but quite small and looks not very efficiently organized.

The breakfast is very good, there is yoghurt and fruit. The pool in the center of the hotel looks nice. Easy to reach Boston, park at Alewife station for 7 dollar and use subway.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Value for your money
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Way to much air freshener. It was bad. The worst part is the shower, the water trickled out. I reported both upon check out.

The price which included a nice breakfast and a indoor pool.My room was conformable.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Good, clean room that was convenient for me, and the price was excellent.
    • Run of House

When I booked the room, I phoned the front desk to make sure they had the correct date of my arrival and my reservation number. I asked if they accepted my Triple AAA card for a slight discount, and the service rep confirmed that they would. However, upon checking in, the man at the front desk told me they wouldn't accept my card. Although it would have been a small discount, I would have appreciated a different outcome.

It was a clean room that was convenient for my purposes.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

In a good location close to Boston
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property is enclosed with rooms facing the interior causing noise. Party going on which was noisy. Internet didn't work very well.

In a good location close to Boston

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Disappointed
    • Deluxe King Suite

Pool was not heated - Freezing. Pull out sofa had no sheets or pillows. When we asked for some they brought 2 table cloths and two small blankets - throw size. Free WiFi was non existent. Cable TV had limited stations. Bed was made, new towels were brought but garbage was not taken, counter tops were not wiped. Curtains were hanging off the rods. It was reasonably priced if we had gotten everything they offered in the listing but it was overpriced for what wasn't available. Have had a better experience in a Quality Inn, Red Roof or a Motel 6. Very disappointed.

Staff was friendly. Beautiful Atrium over pool and breakfast area.