Reviews of Bellissimo Grande Hotel 3 stars

411A/411B Nowich Westerly Road, North Stonington, CT 06359, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in North Stonington

No continental breakfast, no coffee after noon, outrageous prices for anything. Example , 3 dollars for a muffin. Hotel is empty for a reason, surrounding hotels are full.

Few other people, very quiet.

Room was not on floor I requested. Pool was freezing and mom had asthma attack due to all the chlorine. Tv in room wasnt working the whole stay. I booked this for my parents 50 anniversary and it was not what I had planned gor them.

Staff is nice

Nothing. Everything was great.

This place is such a gem! It was beautiful and comfortable. The staff was amazing. I decided at check in to upgrade my room and they made it so easy! The Jacuzzi bath was to die for!

No dislikes at all.

Everything was excellent. Very clean, very quiet--staff was very helpful. Shuttle to Foxwoods is excellent! Breakfast was also excellent.

Carpet on third floor hallway lifting and just not laid down right someone is going to trip on it. fan in bathroom didn't work no usb outlet in room. Continental breakfast should be included with price of room. no microwave in room missed that

Convenient bed comfortable

The pool was so heavily treated with chemicals that myself, husband, and 2 babies eyes burned all night. My 1 year old screamed all night that we actually checked out at 3 am. We were excited to have a dinner as a family in the bistro. Found out at check in that it was closed until Thursday. No bar either. We had to order food from outside the hotel or room service which had very little choices. Eating on our bed with 2 kids was a challenge. No high hairs. No options. If we had known we never would have come here. Not to mention the suppposed free jacuzzi upgrade that when started shook so loud we turned it off in order to not disturb our neighbor. And no breakfast in the morning besides pastries. The staff was so sweet I feel bad saying anything negative, but the hotel during the week really needs help or to state this when visiting the website that nothing is available

The staff was very nice upon check in. The room was close to the pool that my family was excited to go in

• King Room with Spa Bath

Quiet time was 12 pm (loved that it was set later) but our upstairs neighbor was stomping around all night even after 12 and running the loud pulsing jets on their hot tub until 2 am so we could not sleep! SO LOUD!

Loved the room and amenities

Dined at the Bistro for dinner. 3 orders of Shrimp Scampi for our table and all 3 lacked flavor and had very little sauce. Could feel tension between Bar staff and kitchen staff. Also disappointed with shuttle service. Did not explain they don’t come right up to casino door (valet area). We waited 45 minutes and then inquired and found out they pick up on outskirts of valet area. Better communication needed when dropping off patrons. While my overall review is rated as pleasant it’s only because room was clean and front desk personnel pleasant. Next overnight trip we will be checking out other hotels in area.

My friend found 3 spiders in her room and she's super afraid of spiders so she didn't sleep all night.

Rooms were large and comfy... shuttles to casino were super convenient

Shower curtain rod falling down...should have been caught by housekeeping and given to maintenance before our check in

Beds were very comfortable...extra pillows. room service was good.

• King Room with Spa Bath

The paperwork that needed to be completed during check in. They need to find an automated process it’s slow and outdated. The presentation of the property rules-non smoking, loud noise, etc. Staff was not “Hotel customer friendly” with the exception of the two shuttle bus drivers. Shortly after checking in one of the staff banged on our ditto interrogate is about a complaint of smoke/marijuana odors. I actually had just returned to the room after going down to the lobby to inquire about a pedicure. Which by the way I didn’t get because the “spa” was only giving massages. Note: don’t advertise spa services if you can not accommodate. Especially when the bulk of your guests are headed to an evening out at the casino. Back to the incident. She bangs on the door, I answer and ask how can I help her and she immediately launches into a rant about how there’s no smoking on the property. She side eyes my husband and I saying “including marijuana.” My husband and I are African Americans and her comment was biased, offensive and unprofessional. I reminded her that she had less than five minutes ago seen me in the lobby askiing about spa services, and my husband doesn’t smoke tobacco or marijuana. She ignored me glaring at us as she moved down the hallway. I did not hear her knock on other doors to question neighboring guests. In addition to that incident their beds are lousy! This includes mattress, pillows and sheets. They were worn and the pillows were sunken and floppy. The mattress was incredibly worn as well as the bed which made loud creaking noises. Next time I head to Foxwoods I’ll investigate the Hilltop.

The proximity to the casino and cost.

Rugs on the 3rd floor were raised and pulled - tripping hazard; stand up shower in the room was small; tiles were peeling up in ro and wall paper looked bumpy in bathroom - probably from no ventilation in bathroom.

Bed was comfy, convenient to foxwoods, shuttle was prompt and easy to locate.

Only issue I was charged more than what I had on my confirmation email. I am going to check back and follow up with the hotel. It was not a large amount but it was over 15.00 more.

Bed was so comfortable and did not have to deal with any noise. Would upgrade to a Jacuzzi room next time when there will be more time to stay.

• King Room with Spa Bath

The walls are very thin, I could hear children running around and knocking on doors, as well as them in the room next door. I would probably refrain from placing a couple next to a room full of kids. The lighting in the rooms should be updated a bit as well, it's very dim even with all the lights on and the bathrooms did not seem to have a fan.

The bed was very comfortable!

Paper thin walls. The room next to us kept us up till 4am. I complained to the front desk but all they did was place a call to the room. They turned the tv on and continued being even louder.

Shuttle to the casino was great

The beds were not as comfortable this stay as in the past....both of us had sore backs in the morning and it was a problem driving home....

The location is great and we never hear a lot of noise here....

I should have asked for a room other than the first floor so I could open the curtains in the morning and afternoon

The bed was very creaky made noise with every turn. The room was very dark and there was no extra seating, just he bed. Felt like we were in a closet, not very comfortable.

The bathroom only had a shower no tub. The water pressure sucked in the shower and did not get very hot. The toilet had a very load suction sound when flushed . To sum it up the toilet had more power then the shower did. The heater in the room had mold in it. You could hear other guest in other rooms around you which made it hard to sleep.

The room was spacious , and clean. It was minutes to Foxwoods casino , staff were pleasant And quick at check in and out

Bar tender rushed us out so he could go home. Advertised as a restraunt and bar, really a tiny counter as a bar and the restraunt is a joke.

Shuttle to Foxwoods is convenient.

The housekeeping staff was noisy at 8:15am a little to early to wake up

It was comfortable had a shuttle service and had what we needed on the property

Very clean and accommodating. All of the staff were friendly. Would recommend to anyone and also stay again. Also, the shuttle to Foxwoods is an excellent part.

We were up for a few hours in the middle of the night due to a lot of noise directly above us. About 1am-3am

The room was very comfortable, the staff at the front desk was very friendly.

The amenities were lacking to say the least. The gym was basically none existent and the pool was basically an oversized hot tub. We also never got out room cleaned even tho we had the please service sign up. I would

The people were nice and the rooms were a nice size. We went during the week so not many people were there making it quiet.

Noise level throughout the night. I guess this can be expected being so close to a large casino resort but a little more soundproofing would help.

Bed was comfortable and the room was clean

Walls are paper thin, I had a very bad night sleep there. Every time someone moves it's like they're wearing rocks for shoes and the thumping was so loud. I woke up several times during the night to people running, walking around, and dropping stuff...I heard EVERYTHING. If you're thinking of going here, it might be wise to request a room on the top floor. The hotel was not as affordable as I hoped with all the hotel fees added to it that was an extra $30-$40 on top of the listed price, not a fan. They could at least offer free breakfast. I'm definitely not coming back.

Very comfortable beds, free coffee in the morning, free shuttles to the casino that goes until 2am. Very large high ceiling rooms, clean. Great pizza place right down the street.

the staff greeted us in a friendly manor and we were impressed with the cleanliness of the room and lobby. The foxwoods shuttle was a great amenity and the driver was friendly as well. We will stay there again

• King Room with Spa Bath

I was misinformed that this property had a free shuttle to Mohegan Sun. They do offer a free shuttle only to Foxwoods. Wish they shuttles to both places.

Everything in general..bed, food, smell when entering the hotel. Smoke free. Pool , the drivers of the shuttle.. The only thing I my bathroom did not have a bathtub.

Everything was extremely AWESOME in general. I will be back next time..

At approx 3am there were people walking through hall talking loudly and listening to music coming in and out. The people in next room were very loud. Walls are too thin. Kept us up for at least an hour.

The outside doors are impossible to get into because the card readers do not work. We got caught out in the rain and had to call the front desk for someone to let us in because we were in heels and couldn't walk around in the snow to the front doors.

The bed was very comfortable.

telephone not working-replaced right away housekeeping did not replace the two wet towels removed from the room on Sat leaving only one bath towel for Sun ordered pizza-1st one was overcooked-replaced for free-breakfast Sun two plates given to other customers in error and had to be redone-the men were finished before we women received our food-the waitress was excellent-felt bad for the mix up and deducted 20% for total breakfast bill

room service sandwiches were surprisingly good room was nice, bed very comfortable food was good location central to several places of interest to us front desk staff excellent breakfast waitress excellent coffee in room was very good

Food preparation not to good, Burnt pizza, messed up breakfast order

Service and people especially the waitress on Saturday and Sunday morning was great!!!

Power went out..You NEED a generator... We had to sign something saying no refund if power was out for long. Luckily, it wasn't long. We understand there was a bad storm, but you need a generator. Coffee should be available in lobby 24/7. Room was OK.

• King Room with Spa Bath

I was very specific in which room we had. I reserved the Presidential suite but I wanted the one with a walk-in shower glass enclosed and fireplace in the room. I ended up with a shower curtain shower and no fireplace. I would have returned to the front desk right away but my husband didn't want me to request a different room. I was disappointed because I was sure the night manager that I spoke with at the time of reservation understood what I was requesting. Overall, it was a pleasant room just not the one I wanted.

I stayed at the Hotel when the hurricane was coming through on 3/2/18. The power went out but the hotel staff were right on it to get it fixed. Staff helped in anyway they could.

Shuttles not running on time, rooms need more lighting, in need of soundproofing.

In need of updating. Room was extremely dark and dismal. Acoustics are terrible, we were kept up all night from the people above us. The two shuttles ran at the same time instead of staggering. As a result the shuttle promised every 15 minutes ran every half hour. At one point we waited almost 45 minutes for the 15 minute shuttle. Would not stay here again.

The woman who greeted us at the front desk was a little grumpy, but efficient nonetheless...

I rarely notice decor but the wallpaper and carpeting in the halls and rooms was really tasteful and better than most. Breakfast was excellent and served with big smiles!

The lighting from the lights were not the best. additional lights would be nice or brighter light bulbs.

The bed was comfortable, amenities were great and everything was easy to locate.

We were on the second floor and had to listen to the constant noise from the jacuzzi above our room after 11 pm. Those rooms should have been placed on the first floor. Next time we will ask for a room on the third floor so we can sleep.

Bed comfortable, room clean

The served breakfast didn't start until 8am, and I would have liked to eat at 7. Not a huge deal.

I have stayed in much worse for more money. It served its purpose admirably.

• King Room with Spa Bath

The shuttle was full due to families with young children and strollers. We ended up taking an Uber because there was not another shuttle for another 30 minutes. There also was a car alarm that went of for a while, not the Bellissimo's fault.

• King Room with Spa Bath

I didn't like the bus ride to the casino it was full and cramped the ride back to the hotel was a long wait the driver was very late we had to call the hotel

I loved the room , and adding the coffee bar downstairs was great

Not a lot of time going into up keep of Hotel. Hallway carpets need replacement along with room carpet ( Room I occupied) Bathroom was a -5 with some sort of water diverter caulked to bottom of shower to prevent water flooding bathroom. Hotel in general has a great location but don't plan on sleeping in close to check out time as the cleaning staff start slamming doors at 8am prepping rooms for next occupant which check in time is 3pm ! This is 2nd time at this Hotel which I did pay a good amount for but was once again disappointed.

Location was about the only plus to this Hotel.

The staff in the bistro were not overly friendly or helpful.

The front desk was friendly and accommodating. The house keeping staff were friendly and helpful.

Thought our room was coming with a jacuzzi, it didn't. The pool was also lukewarm temp, and had too much chlorine.

Beds were comfortable, room was clean, convenient location, staff was helpful and friendly.

The room we had was right by the outside door and all we heard was the door opening and closing all morning while we were trying to sleep and late night.

We had a room with a suite door connecting ours to an adjacent room. Late that night, the people in the adjacent room were having a conversation which we could hear VERY clearly. Unless you plan to have a friend or family in the adjacent suite room, would recommend you ask for a room that is NOT a suite/connected room.

I didn’t like how the Standard I room look compared to the other rooms and the bed was like sleeping on a bad of rocks plus the toilet wasn’t even glued to the ground I felt very uncomfortable in the room

I liked how it was nice the front desk area was

Everything was great.

Bed was super comfy. It was a tempurpedic. Jacuzzi tub in room was very relaxing. The staff was very friendly. Short ride to Foxwoods and they have a shuttle. The hotel was very clean.

For the price that you pay and the elegance of the hotel, They could of offered a full hot breakfast, but they don't. Pool was inside and very small. Some rooms like 227 DONT have tubs just a shower stall.

The location and free shuttle to Foxwoods Casino was excellent. The beds were comfortable n the rooms were clean. Staff very friendly n check in was fast and with no problems.

Nice comfy rooms. When we arrived the lady at the front desk asked my husband for 400$ . Apparently there is a 150$ cash deposit it you choose to pay the property in cash. I fealt completely blindsided as this detail is NOT in the description for property details. And for the price of the room it would have been nice to watch television. Apparently you have to buy the broadband to watch anything. Plan accordingly. I used my mobile xfinity, for the price of the room it would have been nice to have a television at no additional cost.

Great alternative to the costly rooms at the casino. Loved the free shuttle to Foxwoods.

• King Room with Spa Bath

Hairdryers need an upgrade... or at least a nozzle available.

Spa bath in room was wonderful! Wish there were directions that explained how to work the features though.

• King Room with Spa Bath

The cost of the room was expensive and the hotel is dated. I expected more pizzazz for the cost of the room.

I really liked the proximity to the casino and that the hotel offered the free shuttle service. I also liked that the Jacuzzi in my room was extra large and two people could fit comfortably in it. I would stay again for a cheaper room rate.

Key cards locked us out at 1:00am had to wait 30 min for a manager. Needed my medication so almost passed out in the hallway. The room service was un availible the whole time. Jacuzzi bathroom never existed. When I paid 400 for the room. Pretty upset we didn’t get anything we really paid for except a bed to sleep on. No bible in the room either.

The shuttle.

The walls were thin and we could hear noises throughout the night. Shower curtain didn’t go all the way to the end of the tub, which caused water to spray onto the floor. Also, the water didn’t get as hot as I would have liked. Beds and pillows weren’t particularly comfortable, but we could be biased towards our own at home.

We loved the free shuttle to Foxwoods - leaving and picking up every half hour. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and a good size. A free appetizer at the bar upon arrival was really nice!

It snowed out made driving a bit tough Why couldn't they fix it? ha ha

Your staff acted like they were the owners Very impressed with their attention to details Every hotel worker excelled in customer service A long lost art .... Thank You!

• King Room with Spa Bath

They did not allow glass in the room. Gave us plastic cups to use for our wine. The bartender we argued with about this turned out to be my massage therapist the next day, which made me wonder if he was indeed a trained massage therapist or if I would next see him cleaning the pool. The spa is actually just a room with a massage table. The sheets are quite pilly especially the flannel ones on the massage table. there are no fans in the bathrooms which makes it impossible to use the mirror after a shower and is causing the wallpaper to peel off.

The location is great for proximity to Foxwoods

This is not a Grand Hotel. At best it's a nice motel. It was dusty and rickety. The pool is small. The restaurant is half in the lobby. We won't ever stay here again.

I liked how close the hotel was to foxwoods and that they had a free shuttle service to it.

A chair to relax in would have been nice, also the lighting was a bit too dim. The age old complaint...bad, thin toilet tissue!!!

The staff was very friendly. helpful and knowledgeable...the room was nice.

• King Room with Spa Bath

I really appreciated that I accidentally left a precious piece of jewelry on the lamp in our room. So when I called to ask about it they had found it and brought it down the second my husband arrived to get it. The item wasn’t damaged or anything.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

At check in the woman behind the counter was not friendly, spoke too fast without checking to see we understood what she said. There were a lot of great amenities offered but didn’t catch it all.

The bed was wonderful

I booked a group of 3 rooms as a surprise for my fiancee birtjday. The woman that helped me make sure all rooms where together was AMAZING. She was very helpful. She also made sure two of the rooms had champagne and strawberries as I requested. I must of called her over 3 times in one day and each time she was very pleasant to speak with.

Walls are little thin, you can hear guests walking in halls at all hours of the night. There should be more shuttles morning/afternoon to Foxwoods, that is why everyone is there.

Bed is really comfortable.

Breakfast was marginal.

The shuttle to Foxwoods was great. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Had one of the best massages ever at their spa. Spa was basic but the masseuse was phenomenal. Great value. Try the Italian restaurant across the street.

We had to change rooms three times. The sheets were dirty in the first two rooms. There was other people’s hair in the bed... We told the manager and they wanted to give us a voucher to come back again, no discount was given after this disgusting experience. We were very disappointed with this hotel and will not be going back there.

Room heat controls easy to use AFTER I found the instructions! Memory foam mattresses are nice if you like them; I don't particularly care for how hot they get towards morning. Bathroom vent was loud but they were going to have that fixed. Back door entry needed several keycard attempts to open. Closet is small.

Staff were extremely accommodating and polite. Room was very spacious. The "quiet time" at night was appreciated; proximity to Foxwoods means it would otherwise likely be noisy. Breakfast was excellent.

King Room was false advertised as having jacuzzi tub, beds were hard as a rock and vomit in hallway and outside elevators that we had to report to have someone attend to.

• King Room with Spa Bath

Everything was very clean. The staff was very pleasant.

This was one of the nicest place we stayed. I would highly recommend it to my friends and all did. The staff was very good

• King Room with Spa Bath

Ants in the bathroom. The tv in the room didn’t work. I’ve stayed at “less uppety” places and at least had a clean place and yogurt for breakfast.

Bed was comfortable.

The only thing was the bathroom door stuck. Had hard time closing it.

everyone was very nice-room was nice and bed was very comfortable. Food in restaurant was very good (breakfast)

We have no complaints.

The eggs were cloud fluffy! The breakfast was outstanding and all for a great price. The property is beautiful and staff professional. I love the shuttle to Foxwoods. The hotel is really close. My husband and I had a great experience.

Well who doesn't want a room to be cheaper but seriously for the money this place is a steal.

Clean and well priced. Nice lobby and some nice accommodations such as the pool and lobby with snack and coffee shop.

The room air conditioning was noisy.

The shuttle service to Foxwoods was a definite bonus. It kept us away from the fray of the casino. Easy in and out the next day. I'd stay again.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

I enjoyed my stay so much I will be planning a return there! Centrally located to evetything the area has to offer. The staff was excellent, with a value to fit everyone's budget! Great get away for couples, families, or corporate events!!

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

Downside was the furniture was a little old and the color was rubbed off and not enough towels.

The staff was very curious and helpful. The room was absolutely beautiful. The spa tub and the shower were both amazing. Super comfortable bed and no need to call down for an extra blanket or pillow since it was already in the room !

Browse Bellissimo Grande Hotel traveller photo gallery