Reviews of Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel 3 stars

1401 Ocean Avenue, Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Asbury Park

Wonderful location great value

Excellent Staff... Excellent Value and Location.. booked 3 rooms for Children and Grandchildren. Rooms Exceptionally large,.....Greeted by friendly Belllman Theo Brown who guided us to the best parking options which saved us money by parking with the city meters

Extremely Annoyed and new will return.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We arrived and there was no where to park. Wanted us to pay and park on the street at a parking meter. We complained and suddenly they found a spot InTheir lot. Our room was not ready had to wait when finally got room clerk said she was giving us a better room. Which was not true . We we're to have two queen and received a king. Romm was of lesser value. The room was freezing and we could not shut off the air conditioning. Went to take a bath since recently had back injury and the tub stopped was broken along with the light not working. Maintenance came while we were out. . Fixed the light And never looked at tub. This hotel is very over priced . Pool area had broken ladder on pool, the pool water was dirty. It advertised a bar area on roof . Come to find out only on Friday. Check in staff were not welcoming. Many areas need repair. They seem to cater to outside parties etc and not customers coming to vacation. Very loud when cleaning halls. Over all very displeased and disgusted for spending well over $400.00 one night. After saying he we really do not nor will return to Asbury Park agaim

I would stay here again.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Liked everything. It was large but iconic Jersey shore. Parking was tricky. Not tricky cozy due to size.

The neighborhood. Loved having my coffee in the roof

Just a great get-away and chill place!!

I think some of the furniture in the room looks like it needs to be replaced. Also the hallways could be vacuumed a bit more often.

We love this hotel. The staff is great. The location is amazing. The pool and the area around the pool is great. Also the clientele is a not loud and obnoxious. Just overall its a great place to chill. Oh and the free coffee which was not always available last year, but I was told is now a daily thing is the best!!!

Great location, clean room, attentive staff.
    • Standard King Room

This isn't a knock on the hotel, since they cannot control who stays at their establishment. Some of the other guests were downright rude, entitled, needy, drama filled, especially in public spaces. It's a turn off.

Great location, clean room, attentive staff. Easy walk to the beach, boardwalk, local restaurants.

Beautiful hotel in good location near the beach
    • Studio King with Partial Ocean View

Parking & WiFi not included. Some of the front desk staff was rude. Different front office staff would indicate different hotel policies than other staff.

Beautiful hotel in good location near the beach

Great location, and the price was right. Not the fanciest, but an older hotel that serves you well.
    • Studio King with Partial Ocean View

The pattern on the carpet was interesting. There could be parking, rather than having to pay on the street. To me, the biggest issue was that you had to pay for wifi. In this day and age, where there is plenty of free wifi available, $10 per night is a throwback. And, not to better times.

We were only there overnight, but the accommodations were fine. I read some reviews on other websites that talked about the poor quality of the renovations, and I saw a couple little odd things, but overall, everything was fine. There was a clunk when the A/C turned off, and a bit of a gap below the door, but that was it.

Good, not great
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hallways upstairs were dark,dreary. No fridge in room and one blind was broken. No fan or towel racks in bathroom.

Location was great, friendly, helpful staff, nice pool area. Lovely outdoor seating at restaurant.

Love and and we’ll be back!!
    • Studio King with Partial Ocean View

Your computers were down and couldn’t find my reservation through booking.com but manager came out and straightened everything out!!

Been coming for years and love the upgrades!!! AP STEAKHOUSE..love the tiki bar outside.. just everything we love!!

Staying at the hotel for the Fourth of July festivities and...
    • Standard King Room

Staying at the hotel for the Fourth of July festivities and then finding out on the day of the holiday you could only watch fireworks on rooftop for a coverage charge fee. Not right Also chophouse waited for dinner over an hour and no one said anything. Manager did not apologize. Did give credit to bill but also thought he should of been more apologetic. Just said something happened in the kitchen meanwhile people came in after us and got their meals. Not happy and won’t recommend Alecia

Location is great.
    • Standard King Room

The room smelt weird maybe musty. My allergies were inflamed. The mattress was horrible, it visible sloped in the middle and was so uncomfortable.

Location is great. Walk to boardwalk and beach.

Overall it's nice, would recommend if you don't need free wifi, like to explore and walk around.

There's no free wifi at all. You must pay around $10 a day. Sorta far from all local restaurant. At least 20 minutes walk.

It's really close to the beach, a great location. Parking is really easy.

The pool was very nice and had a great bar and it was nice...
    • Standard King Room

There wasn’t much in the surrounding area other than the beach, but the restaurant across the street was good.

The pool was very nice and had a great bar and it was nice to be able to order food there!

Nice but a bit Disappointing
    • Standard King Room

The beautiful bathtub jets didn’t work! And no bath bombs or bath bubbles were provided. There was no extra sheets and blankets for the pull out couch, had to call for them. And breakfast not being included is really no good. The price for the night was just way too expensive for the lack of amenities. Include breakfast, fix the bathtub, provide more products/blankets/etc and the cost would be appropriate. We basically paid for the nice view, and nice decorations.

The view, the close proximity to all Asbury Park, the friendly staff, the decor and fancy feel of the hotel.

We liked the location and the beauty of this old hotel.

Well, I booked the room late in the afternoon, and headed out for the hour plus drive that it takes to get there. When we arrived in the evening, a wedding reception was under way, and we discovered that the hotel had put us down as a "no show" and had given our room to someone else. It was chaotic and confusing at first, but they found us a room.

We liked the location and the beauty of this old hotel.

I want to help you improve your business
    • Standard King Room

The tone of your hotel needs tweaking and the overall warmth the hotel gives your guests the moment they enter your foyer ... you ONLY get 1 shot to impress & create that lasting impression... then that moment passes & your hotel will suffer instead of prospering as it should be with my help! My room had NO WIFI ( even though your front desk clerk INSISTED it did! I went to take a nice hot bath... NO HOT not even Luke warm! So I have a proven method to get those guests such as myself too babe yo your hotel AGAIN to REDO this wonderful unforgettable experience so these guests will run to rate your hotel on all the popular social media apps EVERY One uses everyday to book their hotel stays! Don’t miss this opportunity for us to discuss my proven marketing plan & how I will implement into your daily business day... I cane to your hotel last Thursday for this s tusk purpose to critique your hotel services, customer services, your staff your amenities etc... my proven marketing plan is simply $1,500 & I will meet with you while I stay over for the night ...& in the morning we will meet to go thru step by step my last experience at your hotel compared to this current experience...& how we will implement my proven method to improve your business I look forward to meeting with you... I am available this Thursday June 28, 2018 ...? Let me know so you can start ASAP improving your existing & new business I am an independent marketing consultant and I specialize in improving what’s missing for your hotel to receive the BEST reviews!

The location to the beach and the desk clerk was nice/helpful

Location location location
    • Standard King Room

Do not advertise parking as that is not true, I was able to get street parking as I have a handicapped placard. Other people parked blocks away. Rooms were very small compared to what I was expecting.

The look of the hotel is very nice and you are paying for a great location which you do get. The staff is very pleasant and go above and beyond to accommodate all your needs if feasible.

The proximity to the beach/boardwalk.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms should have mini fridges. There should be some type of free breakfast food.

The proximity to the beach/boardwalk. The rooftop access. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Nice pool area.

Asbury has few Hotels -I like the Berkeley becasue of the price and location
    • Standard King Room

The Gym is in bad shape - Universal equipment was in bad shape with some cables broken . Hotel was being upgraded during stay - Gift shop was either getting a makeover or is not going to be there anymore.

Location is Excellent . Pool is nice .

Great location, hotel decently renovated, awful pillows and no place to park.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Pillows were a total disaster and no sound insulation in the room doors, also there was no parking available at the hotel so had to find a meter spot. Lobby area smelled like an egg fart.

Ocean view and walk to the beach.

The pool was great as well as the pool and inside bar.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I think the rooms were very overpriced......349 for a one night stay is a lot of money to me especially since it is still early June....we were able to check in at 1:00 pm however normal check in is at 3pm however you can check in your belongings at any time in the lobby ....the biggest issue is the parking....when we arrived the parking lost was already full as well as all the spots on the street so we had to walk a few blocks and park in a lot which was 20 dollars....I feel like if you are paying that much money for a night's stay parking should be a free accommodation ..I didn't mind parking in the lot however they should provide free vouchers to park if your a guest at the hotel

The pool was great as well as the pool and inside bar....I ordered the lobster roll at the pool bar it was well worth the price of 15.00 they gave you a lot of lobster meat and fries were great....staff at the pool and bar were very friendly..the hotel location is great

good time
    • Standard King Room

Parking is an issue. I checked in on Friday around 3pm and was told the lot was full all weekend. Since there is a cost to park on the street the hotel should give some king of monetary allowance also there should not be a fee to use wifi at the prices of these rooms.

The hotel and staff was excellent. We had drinks and a meal in the bar and we also had diner in the restaurant which I highly recommend.

The Berkley was amazing!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was some construction in the hotel and nearby areas.

The Berkley was amazing! Within walking distance to everything, very clean and staff was very friendly. We hope to come back again soon!

Beautiful hotel but not fully functional when we arrived. Disappointed.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The facilities for food were not so good. The bar only opened in the evening and the only snacks or food available even when the bar was open was front vending machine. The pool was closed and we didn’t even get told where it was but would not have used as only vending snacks during day. On leaving asked staff to book us a taxi to the ferry to New York. The taxi they used was late, filthy inside and the taxi driver did not know where to take us and did in fact drop us in completely the wrong place which resulted in us missing ferry and having to ask local people where we should be this obviously cost us more money. Would have been a great big problem if in the evening and we had ended up stranded.

The bedrooms were large airy and beds very comfortable. Lobby area was beautiful and very comfortable.

it sucked only plus was teh steak house.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

First day you never made up our room, when we called down they said to bad. It is after 5 everyone has gone home. After we pushed and pushed and got a manager involved they finally made up our room at 7pm. For what you charge. this is BS..will never come back and will tell everyone I know to stay away.

Overall an okay experience. No frills.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Air conditioner wasn't working in some rooms. Kind of strange you had to pay for wifi for the price.

Air conditioner wasnt working in some rooms. Kind of strange you had to pay for wifi for the price.

Great location, big rooms but hotel could use a little capital investment
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very little on site parking. Very loud clientele. Was woken up several times after midnight. Hotel could use some capital.

Great location. Staff got us extra blankets right away.

Not a good first experience and not planning to return. Turned off by a lot.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Ocean View

Should have been free parking with a larger hotel parking lot to accommodate guests, no extra “hotel fee”, more amenities in the hotel rooms, more dining options, ...comfortable beds.

Ocean view

Could have been better.
    • Standard King Room with Ocean View

The smell in the lobby was horrible. The AC in the room was not good. The window was leaking badly. There was a puddle in the hall outside the room.

AC did not work.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

AC did not work. Parking was not free. Smoke detector beeped at 3am. Rain leaked inside water came on ledge. Shower faucet broken. Poor water pressure.Too expensive!! Swimming pool was not inservice.

Expensive but nice and great location.
    • Standard King Room with Ocean View

Had to pay for parking, hallways were a little sad looking. $200+ a night seems a little high.

Nice well kept rooms, beautiful big bathroom, room facing beach had beautiful view and light. Close to boardwalk, food, shopping and water.

Avoid at all costs! Worst place I have come across in 30+ years of business travel. A nightmare!
    • Standard King Room

Totally run down Dirty room, windows falling apart, sticky stained carpets No duvet Bed linen straight out of the drier, all scrunched up No coffee or tea available No water No restaurant No bar No staff anywhere to be seen No one answering the phone at reception Poor WiFi Etc .........

Avoid at all costs! Worst place I have come across in 30+ years of business travel. This is not a hotel - a nightmare!

Spectacular view of beach! Clean, roomy and comfy digs. Helpful, friendly staff. V. pet friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean View

A very minor note to an overall fantastic experience...there is no roomy trash can within the room itself. There is an itty, bitty one, only in the bathroom. With the hotel restaurant closed for refurbishment, it meant some local take-out for some meals, resulting in a trash pile up. Not a deal breaker, certainly, but a small inconvenience.

The view from the room was spectacular, and it was a very short walk to the beach and boardwalk. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. Great dining experiences within walking distance. Both the facility and the area are super dog-friendly, so it was an easygoing experience to include a family pet. Overall, best Mother's Day weekend celebration with family ever!

Roomy, comfy, clean rooms with a dynamite view and great proximity to beach/boardwalk
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a delightful experience! The rooms are spacious and clean. Awesome views and proximity to the beach and boardwalk. Very dog friendly. Helpful and friendly staff. Overall, a great time was had by all.

Room was clean.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel was about 90% empty, yet I was given a room overlooking a utility area on the west side. AC in room did not work. Upon arrival, staff was very nice. Informed me that room AC was just fixed and room would take some time to cool down, however it did not and remained at 80 degrees through the night. I paid $15 extra for a fast WiFi service which was too slow to stream video. There was a barking dog on the floor down the hall. Hotel is an iconic landmark but older and lacking amenities such as coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator included in other hotels in the same price or lower price range.

Room was clean. Staff was pleasant.

Clean, lovely looking hotel. Excellent staff. Hot rooms (a/c in room was not working)
    • Standard King Room

A lower rate. $300 a night is overpriced when I found out my friends stayed down the street at The Empress for $109 a night. Also, the air conditioner was not working in my room. If I had a roommate, it would have been intolerable.

My room was a nice size (1 king size bed; plenty of room to walk around in); the bed was comfortable, and was made very nicely. Plenty of towels, and great toiletries. Staff was amazing!

A two bit motel masquerading as a five star hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Price was exorbitant for what we received, parking situation was a nightmare, room appeared to be under repair with broken windows, hanging tiles, missing amenities.

Great pillows

Everything was great.
    • Standard King Room

Pretty pricey for one night and parking wasn’t included and had to pay another $20. For $250/night, parking should be included.

Everything was great.

Horrible.
    • Standard King Room

Service. They didn't explain their wifi. We paid for parking and no spaces were available. The room did not have cups, was missing a lamp and had no signal on the tv and remote was held together with duck tape. Too add, they never made up the room.

Book it again.

Maybe make the coffee cups a little larger. Less trip from upper floors.

Honestly, for only one night being there. Everything. Especially the lady who checked us in. Very helpful.

A good stay overall. Would recommend and go back.
    • Standard King Room

No ice in the ice machine on the 8th floor and our phone did not work.

Everything was clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Great location and great view in the oceanfront room.

The fast check in and the closeness to the beach.
    • Standard King Room

The fast check in and the closeness to the beach. Being able to walk across the street and be on the boardwalk. They just redid the place a few years ago. My wife love the design. The room was clean and comfortable. We will be looking to see what the rate for the summer is.

Very friendly hotel staff made us feel welcome. Will definitely stay again.
    • Standard King Room

Hotel rooms are clean and spacious but there are a few details that they missed that cheapens the experience. Examples, torn screens on the window, paint on the shade, and a sloppy paint job in the bathroom.

Devin at the front desk was super friendly and was able to suggest restaurants and things to do in the area on a rainy day. The hotel is in close proximity to everything you want to be doing in Asbury. We could see the wonder bar and convention hall from our room.

My stay was a nightmare, this was an overpriced dump.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I have no idea how this site gave the rating of 4.2 all my answers were 2 or lower except for counter staff. This property was under construction. There was no hot water the handle to the faucet fell off the iron stained my clothes and left them soaked prior to my meeting. My complaints went ignored.

Hotel room was very comfortable.

Parking is terrible

Hotel room was very comfortable. Bathroom and room had recently been updated. Very Nice. The Bellman Theo greeted us and was so friendly. Would recommend this hotel again.

Good location for the event we attended.
    • Standard King Room

Lack of available onsite parking & staff being unknowledgeable of same but charging the $25 fee, no coffee maker or refrigerator in room

Bed was comfortable.

We had a great experience at the hotel!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing we found that was a problem was that the windows in the room were very drafty. Given that it was extremely cold and windy during our stay it too cold to sit near the window.

We had a great experience at the hotel! Our stay included my wife, daughter her husband and two small dogs. The hotel and room was very clean roomy and the staff were wonderful.

Close to the venue i was going to.
    • Standard King Room

Outlet in bathroom did not work. Main light did not work. TV remote did not work. Put the temperature to cool for 68 degrees kept climbing hight and hight to 74 degrees.

Close to the venue i was going to.

Started off a little rocky, but overall good.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The overhead light did not work upon arrival and it took two hours to have maintenance come. I requested a mini fridge that was not in the room upon arrival. When I first arrived, the keys to the room were not activated so I had to go down to the lobby to have that fixed. I understand that mistakes happen, but it was very inconvenient.

I liked the layout of the room and the overall cleanliness of the property.

Nice but disappointed in the limited amenities.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No refrigerator in the room. No restaurant on premise (or bar). There is a restaurant across the street that opens at 11am. Wifi for one device costs $10 a day.

Beds were comfortable and size of room was substantial.

We checked in at in the late afternoon, we heard...
    • Standard King Room

We checked in at in the late afternoon, we heard construction noise, a sort of vibration/riveting/drilling noise, which eventually stopped. This construction noise started again at 9:30 am the following morning, which was very annoying. In addition, the maids kept knocking on our door at least 3 times before we checked out at 11 am. With modern communication technology, I'm sure its possible for the front desk to relay information to the staff as to what time someone checks out so that they do not continuously knock. Another suggestion, PLEASE! do not put guests near any construction.

Easy to book and hassle free experience
    • Standard King Room

Very good location. Can walk to many great restaurants and venues for music. Beach and boardwalk across street. Nice room with comfortable bed Although we booked in off season, rates were great!

It was pleasant
    • Standard King Room

There is not a microwave or a coffee maker in the room that I stayed! To tell you the true, even in the smalles hotel that I had been, there was those things

I liked everything

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New Jersey.
    • Standard King Room

More time to relax and enjoy visit.

The bed was as comfy as sleeping on a cloud. The extra pillows were appreciated. We enjoyed a lovely partial view of the ocean. It would be nice to stay again in the spring or summer.

The hotel is in a great location.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Ocean View

We had a beautiful view but couldnt really enjoy it because they were doing work on the oceanside of the building. So there were men working in front of our window at times and the noise was so loud we couldn't sit in the room. That was annoying but the weather was great so we walked the boardwalk.

The hotel is in a great location. Every member of the staff I came in to contact with was extremely nice and helpful. Hotel has a great style.

I think you should have comp whole bill
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

2 day stay wedding band so loud kept us up to 12:35am jose said ending 10:30pm said did not know where noise is coming from he lied offered to move room .troy talked to wed plan.no good. sheila davis knocked off 1/2 day bill,room not cleaned at 330pm, If this is a big wedding spot you should think of other quest not fair to them!Was told no complained then found out you moved other quests

went to the 12$ buffet & was told it was 15$ No hair drier,1 tissue in box,parking full walked 2 blocks with luggage,both room keys stopped working, parking was good to 2am did not know from2 to 9 was free so paid twice for same spot

Will likely spend the extra money and stay at The Asbury next trip.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was one person at the front desk at night while there was a very large wedding and a very full hotel. There also happened to be several police officers investigating something (out of the hotel’s control) that required the front desk staff assistance. The one lone staff member had his hands more than full and was not adequately capable of assisting the lines of customers. Shame on the hotel management for putting their employee in this position. Also, the lack of free WiFi is ridiculous. There were also issues in our room that were minor but very sloppy for the price. The bathroom door stuck so bad that it awoke other members in the room at night because of the noise it made. The plastic cover on the bench was torn and there was a strange stain on the bathroom mirror that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned.

Friendly staff at check in. Easy check in/out.

If you love those small cute pests and have a stuffed nose then this is the place for you.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We took a deluxe room. Poorly lit, gloomy and dingy, door is on a tilt making it hard to lock, beds are right near the doorway making them visible to a passerby, filthy and smelly. Microwave, refrigerator and WiFi are NOT included. Full of roaches and mice! As soon as we saw the mouse we packed up fast and got out of there. They were nice enough to refund us the unused portion of our stay.

Good location, nice lobby, scenic rooftop, hot water, and courteous (but helpless) staff.

Did the job of providing me a place to sleep.
    • Standard King Room

This is a no service hotel...or the services were hidden. No restaurant, unpredictable bar hours, iffy neighborhood. I was told not to walk there at night. Room was nice, but not close to worth the price.

Beautifully decorated.

Big room, comfortable bed, sofa in room, proximity to beach.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pay for Wi-Fi, 4pm check in and receiving email that room might not be ready at 4. (It was ready at 4). Expensive valet parking.

Big room, comfortable bed, sofa in room, proximity to beach.

It was ok.
    • Standard King Room

I did not like the fact I had to pay for parking. They left bottles of water on the night stand and if u did not notice the sign in it they charged u $3.00 a bottle. I just really don't think it was worth 163.00 a night. The standards for that money was not there.and then there is a charge for breakfast of 15.00.

The beds were good. The banquet room was nice and clean. Lobbys were nice.

Room was spacious- ocean view terrific.
    • Standard King Room

Parking was annoying. We knew upfront about the valet/pay lot. But the lot was full all the time so we couldn't self park for $25 vs. $35 for valet. So we went for the meters. Which only cost $10 per day. But you had to replenish daily. Fortunately Asbury park has a great parking app. Free Wi-Fi only in lobby was the pits. And you had to re-login every time you came into lobby. Room was not thoroughly vacuumed on the second day-- my potato chip crumbs were still there. And you could not reach housekeeping or front desk using the buttons on the phone-- just went into busy signal. Breakfast was blah-- some of the hot buffet was cold.

Room was spacious- ocean view terrific. Bed extremely comfortable. We were there for a family wedding, and the wedding venue was excellent! The location on the boardwalk couldn't be better! The breakfast restaurant staff was gracious.

Perfect location for Asbury Park attractions.
    • Standard King Room

Not the hotel's fault, and in fact a credit to the hotel, but....there were so many wedding happening that every space and floor had parties happening. Nothing too wild or out of control but still rightfully loud. I wouldn't consider this a serious negative.

Close to ocean, close to Stone Pony, nice big room with remodeled bathroom.

Was extremely loud.
    • Standard King Room

Was extremely loud. Hotel was very unaccomodating except for the bell boy. If it wasn't for the bell boy being so helpful, I would have given this place a 0 star. Having to pay for internet in 2017 is ridiculous

Wonderful
    • Standard King Room

Great location. We have stayed at the Berkely before. Staff is friendly. We went after labor day, and it was great, not at all crowded, very crowded now that it is gentrified...beach beautiful as always.

Great location, but a little hit or miss overall.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was little light in the room, and the two floor lamps near the couch only worked part of the time, so half the room was dark for most of our stay. The outlet they were plugged into was loose, too. The sink design in the bathroom is terrible. the basin is square and flat, and maybe 4 inches deep, which meant water easily splashed out and all over the small counter. Plus the faucet they chose left only about 3.5 inches from the spout to the sink bottom; just a pain to use. Our first room had an overpowering musty smell upon checking in., We came back a few hours later and took off our shoes for the first time, to discover the reason for the smell was several square feet of wet carpeting. We switched rooms, but lost our view in the process. The hotel breakfast was adequate at best; watery eggs and very little by way of choices. And the gift shop in the lobby had ridiculously inconsistent ( and unposted) hours.

Staff we encountered was friendly, and welcoming to our dog, too. Street parking was a breeze with the Asbury Park app. Location is terrific.

probably stay elsewhere next time

Gave us the wrong room (standard when it should have been deluxe) and the window washers started working early Saturday morning. It was loud and having a guy on a platform right outside our window wasn't very relaxing or enjoyable.

Relaxing
    • Standard King Room

Maid and cleaning staff banging on the doors to check out. Complimentary coffee Monday through Friday not just the weekends.

Friendly staff clean room easy access to the beach.

Would never return
    • Standard King Room

They messed up our reservations and when I called down to try to fix it the girl at the desk with curly blonde hair hung up on me. We took cold showers, and twice our keys didn't work to get in the room

Some of the stuff was friendly and helpful except for the girl with the curly blonde hair at the desk who messed up our reservation and tried to pin it on me it's her job not mine to get things straight.

Nice weekend but hotel could have been better for the price
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel rooms needs to be updated. Very little on site parking. Had to use meters which were difficult to find on a Sat afternoon. It took over an hour to park

Location was great

Location!

The king size bed was terrible, sunk down in the middle!! Sand and Q-tip on the floor in the bathroom when we checked in...

Location!! It's a pretty place..

The location, service, and value for the price we paid was...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Ocean View

The windows could use some fixing. We had bugs crawling into the room which freaked me out because the windoes would not shut sealed.

The location, service, and value for the price we paid was beyong amazing!

Good prices on rooms; would like to return
    • Standard King Room

Air conditioning unit blew cold air directly on to bed.

Staff members were friendly and helpful. Location is great - right across the street from the beach.

Overall the place was clean, modern and up to date but they really need to accommodate the parking
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Ocean View

The parking situation was outrageous! There is a valet on site , but if there's and event like a wedding etc. you as a paying customer cannot use it for its reserved only for that event. Street parking is especially hard during the weekend. Parking is $2 per hour and you have to pay 9am to 12am . Finding a spot near the hotel was impossible. My biggest gripe with this hotel was definitely the parking situation.

The beds were nice and comfortable and the ocean view was fantastic.

For the 2 nights that we stayed it was ok. I had higher expectations based on the reviews and photos
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was old and dark when we arrived. Lighting was really poor. Hotel looked new online but was a bit run down. Front desk was short staffed and the staff working there looked unhappy.

The pictures of the hotel was different from what we experienced. Hotel staff was short staffed. Our room didn't even have a number on the door. Thought it was a janitors closet.