Reviews of Legend Hotel Hollywood 2 stars

1822 North Cahuanga Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA

#244 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

The staff was rude and we had dirty sheets in a so called clean room.

Nothing the sheets were dirty when I got in the room,the outlets didn't work work the tv was jumping on and off.

Hidden parking fee. Wanted $40 cash up front to park for two nights. Also no security meant people hanging out in parking lot that were not guests and people constantly knocking on neighbor's door all night long.

Rooms were well maintained. Served breakfast.

There was no hot water when trying to shower. The toilet got plugged, which explained the pump outside the room.

Only great thing was the location and it looked renovated.

The hotels had very nice decor.... looked pretty clean... but We heard people talking all night cause we were right net to the office... parking was horrible... staff was ok... but when I called to ask why my account had been charged twice he yelled at me and hung up.. not professional

I read in the reviews before going that the staff was not friendly but we did not have that problem.. we only had to deal with one host during our visit but he was really nice! We had a problem with our tv so we talked to him about it and he switched our room no problem and was also very friendly! I would deffintly stay again..

The people who manage the hotel where rude and not friendly at all. Parking lot is a joke, they charge $40 per night and is not enough spots for all the cars, that’s totally ridiculous basically you are paying for something you won’t get

Housekeeping staff A+

There was a lot of noise outside, in the parking lot. People talking at all hours. Slamming doors throughout the day and night. Coffee was awful. No breakfast to speak of. I had a banana. The staff did not smile one time or had any pleasantries, to speak of. No thank you for staying as I checked out. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone I know. If I have any other business in town, I will stay else where. My friends stayed at Mama Shelter. I really like when I went there. I will stay there next time.

The room was the only thing that was good about this Hotel.

We went down to ask the manager on the 3rd day if we could have maid service as nobody had bothered to service our room . He flipped out screaming at me and my friend . SCREAMING .. it was like something out a horror movie i have never been so intimidated. I’m a 28 year old woman travelling with another woman at 25 and He completely lost his temper for no reason extremely unprofessional And scary !!! I would never ever stay at this hotel again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone . Be very careful

Breakfast average but OK

Clean room and comfortable. Furnishings looked new. Easy walk to landmarks. There are plenty of food options across the road and a 7/11 about 30second walk away.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paying $20 for parking. Would have be better if it was only $10 or included in the cost of a room rental. Just my opinion. This is a work related trip for me so those fees are fortunately deductable. So I didn't mind paying $20 to have secure safe parking.

Beautifully remodeled. Modern retro style. Super comfy CLEAN beds and bedding. I will recommend again and again, and will be my first choice when booking here in Hollywood.

Didn't like the fact that I didn't know parking was not included in rate. Fortunately there were places near by to park, but would rather my car be parked in hotel lot.

Maid service was great. Staff was very nice.

I had to pay extra to park there pay for ice from the ice machine and it didn't give much ice at all or didn't work . Was charged from booking.com and by the hotel.

The location was great

breakfast could be better, but for the value of money it was enough.

i was surprised, to be honest i expected the worst from 2 star hotel, but it was very good! Room wasnt that small, the bed was very big, AC was fast working, Wifi was pretty fast!

Parking was an issue. There is not enough parking spots for number of rooms/guests. It cost $20 to park there. Also have to pay for ice. We stay at a lot of hotels and never have we had to pay for ice.

Clean room with a mini fridge, microwave and wifi.

How you can hear everyone outside or what was going on in the rooms next to you.

I liked how close it was to Hollywood Blvd. Was able to walk to everything. An it was only 6mins away from universal studios (driving time)

Everyone was rude, minimal parking and unsafe environments. One lock on the door, the bed sheets were dirty from a past customer. The breakfast was cereal that was old and a few vending machine muffins. Twenty dollar parking by your room or across the street that was also owned by them. They also didn’t open the door for me upon checking in. They made me approach a glass window and then they unlocked the lobby.

The plumbing for the bathroom makes so much noise! It woke us up both mornings because of someone taking a shower at 5:30 am next door

3 minutes walk to Hollywood Blvd Clean / new

No sound proof, open balcony outside of the room, you hear everything outside - walking talking knocking laughing. The heating is a little loud. So, you choose either the noise outside or the noise inside.

The bed is very comfy, the room is well equipped. Walking distance to Hollywood vine station and easy bus ride to many places if you don’t want to drive, 7-Eleven only next door

This is not a luxe hotel but for the price is it the luxe that you dont expect

The location is just perfect, the rooms are cleans and the staff is really attentive and nice.

The mini fridge didn’t work it smelled so bad when I opened it, the microwave was dirty, headboard was dirty as well, floor wasn’t swept, there was fingerprints all over the blinds, the tub looked gross and dirty, I guess you can say the cleanliness of the place was terrible, parking lot is really small we had to look for a public parking area and pay $20 for parking!! Our stay there was horrible, the front desk guy was extremely rude, I would not recommend staying there such a horrible hotel

I liked the comfort of the bed, the lighting was great, tv worked perfect

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ice machine outside our room (100) was noisy & the noise came in under the door (we rolled a towel up to seal the door) the free WiFi was slow as

Great location & clean. Easy as walk to downtown Hollywood, Walk of fame etc, cheap take out across the road (love Panda Xpress) Subway, Pizza, Vietnamese, & 7-11 next door..Cheap Uber to Universal studios & Santa Monica / Venice beach

Paying for parking is a ripoff. When you patronize a hotel, it should include parking, its RUDE to charge an addiyional $20 dollars for parking. This is THE only thing that might make me hesitant to return.

Everything. Its clean and BEAUTIFUL. Good quality amenities, even luxurious towels and toiletries. The Staff is friendly and informative. But if you are on a budget, the extra 20 throws you over, even tho the rooms are reasonably priced. Especially if you use a booking site.

Noise from the balcony as it seems the windows are not double glazed which made the table and chairs area on the balcony outside quite noisy when people were out smoking or sitting there. The room could definitely benefit from tea and coffee making facilities.

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

The front desk gentlemen was a bit rude. We arrived at 2pm to check in and there was no one there. I called and he said check in is at 3pm but the website said 2pm so he came in right away but he had an attitude. The next day we asked for more towels and again had an attitude. Overall the room was small for a two beds. This was our second time here but the first time we got a room with one bed and there was much more space.

The location is perfect. It's two blocks away from the Walk Of Fame. There's a CVS across the street, Subway,7/11, and Panda Express. Universal studios is just a few minutes away.

In room fridge was not cold brought. Room could use more attention to detail in cleaning. When I arrived and opened the door to the room I was almost knocked out by the smell of bleach. Made me wonder if there was a murder being cleaned.

The coffee was ok

We knew that we have to pay for parking $20 but we didn't know that we had to park in public car park outside hotel. It wasn't a problem because it was only 2 min walking but it should be mention in booking.com.

One of the best hotels we stayed in USA. Very clean, comfy beds, continental breakfast, few minutes walk from Walk of Fame and few minutes drive from Griffith Observatory.

The AC was a bit on the loud side and did not seem to cool the room very well. In addition, we had a lower level room and could easily hear cars starts and people entering and exiting their cars. If any updates could be made it would be to better insulate the window for noise and perhaps update AC units to newer models.

I really liked how centrally located the motel was and how clean it was. The staff was very friendly and the room was very neat, clean and had several amenities.

They should improve breakfast and need some seating outside

Great value for the price. Clean and convenient. Super well located and easy access to public transport.

Bed and pillows where perfect. Room was clean. Easy access to Hollywood blvd But far enough to not bother you at night. 7/11 and Subway across the street. Just off the Hwy. all was well. Good water pressure and plenty of Hot water. AC did the job well. HBO. Large TV. I would stay there again. And again.

Didn't like the stuff. Breakfast is just muffin and cereals. We were looking for a real breakfast. Parking was 20 $ per night which is too much. Wasn't what I excepted.

THIS PLACE HAS COCKROACHES!!!! Do I need to say more? Cleaniness could be improved. Reception staff could be friendlier.

Rooms are ok, modern interior. Breakfast is limited but ok. Bananas, apples, yoghurt, cereals & the coffee was quite good. Good location near Hollywood Blvd & Vine station. Friendly mates, in particular one.

Water temperature in the shower was inconsistent and the wifi was not always strong but these were not deal breakers for us

The room was clean and looks to have been recently updated the position in Hollywood was excellent close to everything

Property owners are quite stingy and basically everything had to be paid for separately, (parking, ice machine, etc.) Staff was very unfriendly and wasn't very pleasant to deal with.

The room was clean and it was close to a couple stores and restaurants.

I accidentally spilled a glass of water onto floor and went to wipe it up and was amazed at how dirty the floor was.It didn't look dirty but as I wiped the water up my tissue was black with dirt.i put my shoes on after that.

I thought the decor was beautiful,very clean ,close to town & close to eateries.the desk clerk was very nice.

- Breakfast was very bad - Very expensive for the service and the rooms you get - It is not a hotel , it is a motel

Only the location counts in this motel. It is not a hotel

The additional 20$ a night pay for the parking which wasn't mentioned when I did a booking was unpleasant discovery. Especially considering that it's self parking with not enough for all parking slots.

The location is really good- walking distance to the famous Walk Of Fame and also not far from Universal Studios theme park. So a good value for the money.

Door need weather stripping , could stick my hand under the door . Bad toilet seat. I emailed them about , parking they never answered . Not enough . And it cost 20.00$ a day to park .

Housekeeping one day was not understanding the English, and just walked away. We did not know there was going to be a parking charge the site said it was free we had two cars they charged an extra 40 dollars per day to park. But the place is very clean and really well kept really clean bathrooms etc.

Super clean property well kept

Breakfast is only cereal, muffins, milk and yogurt. For the price I payed I was expecting a Continental Breakfast.

It's fashionable, the housekeepers were very nice and the beds were very comfy

staff are extremely rude... I wouldn't stay here again . although the property is ok, morning maids as well as office staff are grumpy bossy and rude to heir guests . they make staying here feel like its a privilege . This place is not run by locals but imported help . maybe they just don't understand that guests should be treated like paying customers. very poor.

staff are extremely rude... I wouldn't stay here again . although the property maids as well as office staff are grumpy bossy and rude to heir guests . they make staying here feel like its a privilege . This place is not run by locals but imported help . maybe they just don't understand that guests should be treated like paying customers. very poor.

One of the over night guys was a little rude.

Great Location...Nicely Updated, reasonably priced for what you get.... Would definitely recommend and will be back. Great job. Keep up the good work. WP

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

Besides the cleaning lady being very nice and trying to do her best to clean the rooms fast and affixtiont the place was very small had to pay for ice the owner was rude

Had to pay $20 for parking and .25 cents for ice.

The Staff was very professional & courteous. Grounds were clean and rooms were as well. Bed was comfy. Nicely decorated. Although it is a borderline safe area, he had security lights, someone in office at all times with a camera monitor. There is a great Mexican restaurant up the street and around the corner, authentic and delicious w/ great price. Safe to walk to. Julie F.

Breakfast was too poor. Just some fruits and coffee.

I've been to LA 4 times so I don't visit the city as a tourist anymore but according to my experience I gotta tell this hotel is quite expensive for the services offered. Anyway, it's a good property situated in a great location (2 minutes walk from Hollywood Blvd.). Staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk people were rude. Parking was awful. Are room wasn't ready until 2 hours after check in.

The rooms were nice. Are room wasn't ready until 2 hours after check in.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Like much of L.A., lots of homeless and addicted roaming around. In L.A. to get away from that will require spending a lot more money. No one hassled me and none on the property. I did feel safe at all times. Parking lot is small and parking crowded but did seem to work.

Appearance as shown on web site. Although this is a motel and not a hotel, noise was not an issue for me. My disclaimer is I sleep with a white noise machine which helped. Nothing fancy and could use minor repairs but everything worked. Lots of lighting and a bright bath area with a big mirror. Bed was comfortable and linens were basic but fine. Clean as any in this price range. Easy walk to the tourist portions of Hollywood. I would stay here again.

Luggage storage is listed as a feature of this hotel, but is an additional cost.

Property location was great - easy walk to the Walk of Fame and to public transport.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Person at reception- not friendly or welcoming. Walls are thin between rooms- kept being woken up by locks being opened, chatter, knocka at doors. Bathroom sheets should be in the bathroom so you can use them after you shower not outside the room. Handles and racks in the bathroom were falling off. Person at reception for check out was also not professional- put a sign that they will be back in 5 min but they were just sitting inside.

It looks like they tried renovating the place but workmanship was poor and let it down.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Be prepared to pay $20 a night for parking ( cash only which was strange), but you will not have a for sure spot. We arrived pretty late the second night we stayed as we were at universal all day, and all the parking spots were filled. When we asked the front desk clerk where we are suppose to park when we paid $20 a night to park and they had us park up against the wall as close as we could go. It's pretty tight so we were worried all night about people in the back not being able to get out and people to the side of us possibly hitting our car when backing out. It is motel style so noise is to be expected. But you can clearly hear sounds from neighboring rooms, and cars from the street nearby as well as people all night long outside the room. There appeared to be a man that slept all night upstairs outside that the hotel management didn't seem to have a problem with? There was also a broken soap tray in the shower. We rotated it to use it but then we both accidentally hit our elbows on it when showering and now know why it was broken.

The staff was really friendly. The lobby was clean and the breakfast had a good mix of healthy and non healthy options. The rooms are cute and modern looking.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

We got a fairly unfriendly greeting at the reception. As a matter of fact he was so grumpy during our short stay that we decided to switch hotels after one night. The complimentary breakfast was horrible. Donuts in plastic bags. Coffee in foam cups and 2 kinds of fruit was offered. All served by the grumpy staffer.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Did not like the fact that I had to pay to park my car at the hotel. We were on a budget and this is something we did not plan for. We had to park on the surrounding streets.

We were visiting Universal Studios and it was very close. Places to eat and pharmacy very close.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

This was by far one of the worst hotel I've ever stayed in we had to pay for everything not to mention our shower didn't work. Never have I ever been to a hotel when you have to pay for ice in what world would you have to pay for ice? Hands-down they need to reevaluate their service. And mention over the phone or online that you have to pay $20 per day for the parking. Never again

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Not only can you hear it LOUD and clear of the people walking past and talking near your room, we could smell it whenever someone was smoking in the corridor. We were awoken many times by this.

Location and amenities nearby the hotel

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

The neighborhood is dangerous , many junkies and homeless , you should travel only whit car...we have stay 6 nights , to much I think, to visit what you need to see is enough 3 days , my advice stay out from LA , close to the beaches, is much more safe and beautiful .

The hotel is ok , recently new renovated , beds are also ok.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

I understand the hotel parking lot is a little smaller than most. But the guests, who are already paying for their stay, should be able to park for free instead of having to pay $20. First come first serve basis, so if there's no spots left, we have to find our own parking. One free spot and charge for any extra cars after that.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The man at the front desk was rude but solved all our problems. Our room was very noisy during the night because of the street and the ice machine.

The location, 10-15 minutes walking to TLC Chinese Theatre.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The photos portrayed the room exactly as it was. The bed was huge and comfortable, the bathroom was also very good. Entire room was clean. I liked the fact that there was a microwave and a 7|11 right next to the hotel. It is literally 3 mins walk to Hollywood Boulvard.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

You have to pay for parking which is typical for this area.

This is a very nice little hotel in a great location. It has been totally renovated from an old motel with great decor. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

It was always pretty noisy at night either the fridge, or the cars outside, people walking, you can hear everything. No kettle in room but there were free tea/coffee in the lobby. Breakfast consists of cereal, banana and packed pastry. There is a charge per ticket you want to print, so better think beforehand.

You can get to this hotel from airport by FlyAway bus ($8) & walk around 10min. The hotel is located just 10min walk away from Hollywood walk of fame. Central location if you want to explore LA. Room was spacious and nicely decorated. Cleaned everyday. Good selection of TV channels, fridge, microwave, hairdryer. Enough light and power supplies. Air conditioned.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

I was booked only for on room for 2 nights and somehow through you booking they said it was 2 rooms for one night! I am not paying for the extra room!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Not sound proofed at all, i could hear the next door guest snore and all the street noise. Still think that 170 dlls is a bit overpriced for the type of facility but i guess that is normal for LA.

Bed was very comfortable, room was good sized and very clean. Location is great, a 15 min walk to the Chinese theatre and walk of fame.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

I requested a quiet upstairs room. They put us downstairs next to the housekeeping closet and stairs. Also 8 feet from the parking lot. Every time a door opened or closed in the building, everyone heard it. We arrived at 5 pm for a 2 PM check in, and the room was not ready. They clearly rushed the cleaning because they did not sweep. The "continental breakfast" consisted of package sweet rolls and dry cereal without milk. Also oatmeal packages without milk or water to make them. One of the bedside table lamps had a blue light bulb in it and the other had a regular lightbulb. That was weird.

The bed was soft. It is near 7-11. The room was updated a bit. I.e. Fresh paint, redone bathroom and floors, new decor. USB plugs a plenty.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

We arrived around 7:00 pm. we had to park in a public lot that was kind of far. I wasn't expecting this for a "motel." Also wasn't expecting to pay $20 dollars for parking. $20 is also required for their own lot. (I missed this in the description) Parking situation was disappointing after 4 hours in LA traffic.

The bed was amazing. Nice products for soap etc. great to have fridge and hair dryer. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Parking on site is expensive. Housekeeping would sometimes just do the basics. Front desk staff weren't always very accomodating.

Modern, Clean, close to transport and laundry and some shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

I was by the road. So road noise. But that's really it.

Room was very clean and roomy. Loved the location. Just wish I had brought my own pillows lol. Staff was very accommodating with my late flight in.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

$20 for parking, but you won't get anything much cheaper in that area. Also the whole hotel is run by one guy with several cleaning staff members, so sometimes you might have to wait a bit if it gets busy. He pulls it off really well though. He is Legend.

Rooms was squeaky clean, very comfortable, for only $170/night including tax! Check in was easy, check out was easier. Complimentary continental breakfast (which I didn't have but still).

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

The Place was dirty We ended up leaving 4 Nights early . The last day we stayed it was hot and the Aircon didn't even work . I know there is no Kitchen but they didn't even have a Kettle and you also had to pay for ice. there was People yelling and carrying on all hours of the night . Being woken up at 5am buy the smell of drugs coming through the Aircon was not good either

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

There really wasn't anything we didn't like, great value for money.

We had a lovely two night stay here, friendly staff, great location. Breakfast was basic cereal, tea, coffee and pastries but that's all we needed anyway. We stayed at a room close to reception and had some noisy neighbours, I did hear the guy on night duty come out and tell them to leave so they are on top of noisy guests.

Some guests were sat outside their apartment talking until 2am. The air conditioning seemed to alternate between full blast and nothing, the low setting didn't seem to make any difference.

Very nice modern room

I enjoyed it all

I needed an extra night because I thought I paid for3 nights but when the office called I was in a tour, the gentleman worked with me and allowed me to pay after the tour.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Rooms were nicely decorated but had dirty towels, sheets & headboards..real turn-off! Close to attractions, but all the streets smelled like urine & there were people literally living on the streets everywhere.

Close 2 Hollywood attractions.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Horrible experience words cannot say! Except I did not stay and am taking them to small claims court! I have way to much to say and will not waste my time now. I have contacted the health department, the better business Bureau, and will be posting a yelp review of how horrible this place is. They took my money after a written statement that they would not.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

It was kinda clean

The staff was so very ride extend it ride wouldn't recommend this place to anybody it was not worth the $200 and I would never ever say that again

No drinks making facilities in the room

Room was a little dirty, fittings in bathroom loose. Breakfast basic.

Browse Legend Hotel Hollywood traveller photo gallery