Reviews of Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston 3 stars

29 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA 02171, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Quincy

Short and expensive
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the price for my 8 hour stay. I should have been given a price break. I had a family member at tufts and needed a place to stay. I checked in at 1245 Monday morning and then checked out at 915..

I am very disappointed in my stay this time because 1 they didn't get my cancelation of the other ro

On Friday June 29th I checked into the hotel, the king size room that I got a few weeks ago the woman in the lobby failed to tell me that I was going to have to change my room because the king size bed that I ask for wasn't available for all three nights. So on Friday June 29th when I went down to pay for the next two nights for Friday and Saturday June 30th they told me I had to change rooms now the second room was supposedly a queen size bed and that room what's a full bed, and that room had a cracked tank the thermostat didn't work so you had to manually go over to the air condition or whatever and turn it on and off.

it was close to the to the place I was having my birthday party and I didn't have to have anyone drive me home, I can just walk back to the hotel.

Good facilities but needs a good clean and some staff need more training
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The receptionist called Courtney wasn’t one bit helpful and very stern . She lacked people skills and gave the impression that any query was a nuisance for her to deal with. When our part we’re leaving on Tuesday afternoon we left a sports jacket behind in error at the open bar area . When we realised it at the airport we rang the hotel and the gentleman that we spoke to was adamant that it wasn’t found. He was very dismissive and not a nice guy. When we rang back after our check in at the airport we asked to be put through to the bar. The lovely girl that answered was also the girl that served us lunch and she was so helpful. She had actually found the jacket and was so helpful . Definetly management need to introduce proper customer service to their front of house staff.

Location was great and the facilities were great

on nice inlet of harbor.

location v. cost - it was pricy considering location

on nice inlet of harbor. A 15 minute walk along a major street from train station wasn't too bad, just for a 2 night biz trip to boston, it was far from center city.

Not good.
    • King Room with Water View - Non-Smoking

My 77 year old mother was traveling with us and was awoken at 4:30 AM by the night manager, telling her she had a wake up call, she informed him she did not, he argued with her and when she raised her voice to correctg him yet again, he threatened to throw her out of the hotel, she could not get back to sleep as she thought at any moment she was going to be thrown out. The next night she had bugs in her bath room.

The view.

Short stay worked well for our itinerary.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Staff struggled to cope with contractor's roof work that failed to close the roof against rainfall penetrating the first floor lobby area and hallway.

Good pub and friendly, helpful staff. Very good shuttle service to Logan airport.

Great location and a good breakfast! Staff are lovely

Difficult to get to, we missed the sign coming over the bridge stating to take a left. No fault of the hotel but there had been storm damage and they were in the middle of repairing the roof.More towels in the bathroom would have been nice

Room was clean and beds extremely comfortable. We were met at reception by the lovely Courtney who couldn't do enough to meet our needs and accomodate our request to upgrade to a river view room. Breakfast was very good, staff very friendly and helpful

It was very comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I know it was special Circumstances, but because of the roof leaking the bar was closed one night and breakfast was moved all around other than that everything was great

Comfortable, great breakfast and restaurant with a great staff!!

At mo fault of the hotel, the construction company removed the roof for remodel and did not sufficiently tarp it. We were dodging the leaking roof throughout the first floor due to the rain.

Staff helpful. Umbrella available for the rainy day we didn't expect. Manager personally asked for recommendations for improvement.

Disgusting unprofessional staff who lie
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I sent pics to corporate office and guess what they don’t care got NO refund still no manager staff was complaining to guests how bad it was water dripping on my head I called health dept within hours the inspector closed down all food service saying to me they have a lot to do and still no manager the coward never showed up

Nothing good staff with attitude,manager Steve never available to speak the hotel was under construction roof being repaired it rained tarps blew off now hotel was pouring water on our heads they put dirty garbage cans to catch water ceiling falling kitchen under water and still served food dinning room water everywhere still no manager I took pics

Thankfully i was only staying one night, anything more would have been a disaster.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

the roof/ceiling was leaking, garbage cans all through lobby and hallways to catch the water. My reservation was was wrong, and almost didn't have a 2 bed room for four people.

Ok
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

I didn'the like the shower head it was weak,and the shower was small. I wish the shower, the shuttle bus should be running regular.

The bar was nice and the laundry.

It was satisfactory

Rooms very small

I liked location and having food/bar on premises. Big plus goes to housekeeping. I left a diamond earring and someone turned it in 🙏🙏 thank you so much for honest people

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Full/Twin beds are not acceptable for more than 2 in a room. Should at least have double but queen in optimal. Bathroom really needs to be updated. No counter space.

First,,, Staff very very friendly and accommodating. Location. Complementary breakfast. I was there for marathon and hotel accommodated with shuttle and "treat" bag.

We always stay at the Adams Inn when we come to Boston.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Waterview - Non Smoking

The Adams Inn is centrally located, clean and reasonably priced compared to other Boston properties. The restaurant is decent and very convenient. The staff is pleasant and helpful especially John at the front desk.

I would say my stay was fair. I wish my room had the standards I expected.

Some of the staff was slightly unsettling. At check in she could not find the two rooms I had booked with early check in. She was making it seem like we were only getting one room and not two. Also I as the main guest did not get the room I booked. My room had a few issues. Broken security lock, broken toilet paper holder, the remote was not programmed to the tv and last was the key card reader on the door was dying and would take 5 or 6 tries to enter the room. Bed are a little small for two people as well. (only full size beds not queens)

The location is absolutely perfect.

The cheapest hotel which had an airport shuttle.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

1. The shuttle upon arriving at BOS airport did NOT stop at the designated pickup area, but 100 feet away. I had to run there with my luggage before it departed. When the shuttle arrived at the hotel, the driver dropped 2 passengers off at the rear parking lot first, rather then letting off the other passengers first at the hotel. 2. When I checked into my room, it was dark and very cold. Neither the lights, nor the thermostat (heating) was working. I had to go back with my luggage and ask for a room which actually was fit for a stay. 3. In the morning when I wanted to check out, they wanted to charge me double the price what I had the Booking.com confirmation about. Only after I insisted that the check out person looked at the previous night's records (which showed the correct price and what I had signed), did he change it back to the original price. Very disappointing customer service all around.

The cheapest hotel which had an airport shuttle. However, note that the airport is not really an airport hotel, in that it takes 20 minutes on the interstate to get from BOS Logan to the hotel.

Service overcomes deficits
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

Could be a little cleaner in hallways.

Best Westerns are not my favorite. There is a slight smell in the hallways although the room was great at this hotel. Staff was superb, generous in upgrading us after a problem with the shuttle. (Thanks, John) Nice breakfast, good shuttle service in the AM. Arte was a delight.

breakfast was typical .
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

everything closed by 11 and nothing close to get something to eat or drink.... on the road for several days...

breakfast was typical ....snowstorm stopped shuttle...so took a taxi $40...long way from the airport wifi....excellend.

Regretfully this will be my last visit to the
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no view from my room just a parking lot. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. The pillows were worse. I have stayed in this hotel four or five times before. This will be my last time.

Staff, comfort, and restaurant are reasons enough to stay, and overlook the breakfast.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The plates didn't give a great deal of confidence in their cleanliness, particularly the underside.

Loved the restaurant. Absolutely great food and great service. Beautiful view. The breakfast was not as good if you sleep in. Most of the food was cool. Otherwise, the selection of items was very good: Eggs, sausage or bacon, cereal, fruit, waffle station, juices, yogurt, etc.

Would have to consider other accommodation next time. Have stayed here previously , easily access,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I got food poisoning on Tuesday night which caused a great inconvenience to my trip. It was a vacation with my two daughters to visit Boston for their first time. It cost a small fortune on medication and also I couldn't get out of bed until Thursday. I was very weak and no energy until I arrived home. I complained to reception and they told me restaurant was separate to them. I complained to restaurant and basically staff didn't show much empathy. This incident caused a big inconvenience and I had to get friends to mind my kids as I couldn't.One week later I'm still not fully recovered and would have expected more empathy to be shown. If It is a separate identity to hotel, they should have been very concerned as this service is in their premises

it was perfect we stayed 7 nightd
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Scramble egg for breakfast every morning

It was perfect for us a group of 15 adults and the mini bus service was amazing as were the drivers so helpful

John at the front desk was very helpful with organising...

Bar closed early

John at the front desk was very helpful with organising transport. Great shuttle service and good food Room were a good size and clean

It's great and we will always stay at the Quincy Adams Inn, when flying out of Boston Logan Airport!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We always stay at the Quincy Adams Inn, using the part n fly, when we travel. It's extremely convenient and, well just plain easy. The shuttle to and from the airport is great! We never have to wait long to be picked up after a very long travel day! Thank you!

Great Location
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The room allocations Booking.com could be improved

The room I was allocated under Booking.com I was not impressed with. John on reception was very helpful and upgraded me to a room with the river view which was lovely. Don't think I would have coped with being in the other room for a week. The staff were very helpful. The minibus was available to take us where ever we wanted to go and the 2 drivers were very pleasant. Overall we had a very enjoyable holiday.

Not happy.

See above

Booked here because as 2 older women traveling alone we needed the pub for drinks and dinner. They closed the pub. Also no water in our room for several hours. Asked to speak with management about compensation but still have heard nothing from management.

We stayed expecting an ordinary overnight but were impressed with how clean/large the room was.

The bed was a little soft for my comfort, but that's a personal preference. It was clean, fresh, nicely made up.

The room was immaculate, spacious and comfortable.

The jacuzzi suite was nice, friendly staff
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

The breakfast could be better, we got stuck in the elevator, lights blew out in our room and the remote stopped working

The jacuzzi suite was nice, friendly staff

It was convenient (to family) and easy to find, free parking...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was either freezing cold or overheated; it was hard to regulate the heater. Breakfast could have had more vegetarian options.

It was convenient (to family) and easy to find, free parking, free wifi. Breakfast was included, but there could have been more vegetarian options.

Endurable for a layover, but not recommended otherwise.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The room smelled so strong of disinfectant or similar chemical, one must wonder what they were concealing. I rejected the first room offered, but the second was just as bad. The shower was little more than a mist.

The hot spiced cider offered in the lobby was outstanding. Staff were courteous and helpful. They did the best they could with what they had to work with.

Dirty, do not think it is well managed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were constantly coming in to Breakfast room to help themselves to breakfast The Kitchen door was always open so lobby smells of cooking. Lift certificate was out of date by 6 months. Public areas general grubby. Rooms were clean

Great to stay here to access the Adams history.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Recently refurbished I think and it still kept it's charm. Little Bar and Restaurant were a pleasant surprise, meals were good and reasonably priced and staff very friendly.

Not good value

Interiors were very tired. Maybe a US thing but I have never had breakfast on disposable plates with plastic knives and forks. Mix up with room key resulted in nearly going into an occupied room.

Nice spot on the river, looks nice from the outside. Helpful receptionist

Good overall value for money, We could not afford to stay in the city but transport was convenient .
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The breafast was a little disappointing having to eat with plastic cutlery. The scrambled egg was always overcooked.

The staff were outstanding in every respect, especially Mirratz, Michael and John on reception.The availability of the shuttle and no charge. The overall value for money was excellent. We were upgraded to a room with a view of the river on the top floor.

Airport pickup, breakfast included and terrific staff made our stay a happy one.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Breakfast is more than adequate with quite a few choices, hot as well as cold, and attentive staff, though we still do miss the days a bit when you could order breakfast on the spot.

The last time or 2 we stayed at Adams Inn, there were some aspects that weren't so good, but the hotel has been upgraded, we were given a nice water view room on the second floor so we wouldn't be impacted by an event on the ground floor, and the staff were exceptionally helpful, both the young woman who helped us with the shuttle and booked us in and the one the next morning, who made very intelligent and useful suggestions about the best way to get to our next travel connections.

Very comfortable and excellent service.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

One lamp didn't work as the switch was damaged. Also, the road to get to the Best Western is rather hard to find.

I was upgraded to a spa room although I had to wait awhile for my room. Also, it was very good to have a hot breakfast included in the price of the room. The view of the Neponset River was great.

The room was super quite and great water view.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Waterview - Non Smoking

Trying to find the property was quite difficult the signs that showed where to turn after making the U-turn were not large enough and not easily visible so we ended up going around several times before we found the sign

The young man who is front desk Manager who's name escapes me, was so helpful. He went above and beyond to help make my sister and I stay a delightful experience. My sister was very worried about taking the underground Subway to get to the Freedom Trail which was the main thing that we wanted to see. The manager arranged for us to have the shuttle take us to the trail and I know this was a route that they don't normally take we so appreciated him going above and beyond for us. I hope that it is noted that this gentleman that was always courteous always had a smile on his face and very kind to every person that we interacted with you have quite a asset in him.

Not good value for money at all, and I am not a fussy traveller.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Room was the size of a shoe box, was very expensive for the product delivered – room was musty and heating/cooing until was very noisy. It is in need of serious upgrades. Friends stayed at a Best Western close by for much less and it was a new, pleasant facility.

Staff in pub were friendly, night front desk super was pleasant and helpful.

Do not stay here until the management takes guest safety and comfort seriously.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

The staff made an error and then let me into an occupied room. The other guests belongings were there. This was at approximately 10 pm, totally unacceptable and unsafe. What was worse was how the manager handled the situation. He explained the error was a new employee issue. As we were walking back to the stairway, he said this was a new employee error and that they had had this problem previously. I could not believe I was being told this was an ongoing problem and that they did not take it seriously enough to permanently fix it. I said " That is bull*** I'm not sure you realize how serious and potentially dangerous this is". At that point he accused me of shouting at him, and then when I said I had not shouted (which I hadn't) he accused me of swearing at him ( I did use the word Bull **). He then told me he was done if I continued. It was late I closed my mouth and went to my room across the hall. This individual does not belong in the hospitality industry and the hotel management is not doing a very good job..

Spacious updated room.

Good hotel, very nice staff at the reception!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the location is not great, its in the industrial zone, a lot of traffic, but windows are soundproof so once you are inside its ok.

we liked the idea to stay at Best Western which is close to the red line of Boston metro, and go to Boston center each day, since hotels in Boston are much more expensive and parking only adds to the price. The staff was GREAT, thanks guys for your hospitality!! There is coffee and iced tee free at the lobby; we also could do some laundry and they even gave us the washing powder for free (small thing but is a nice touch)

For a last minute layover in BOSTON this was an excellent choice.

Gym was small. Breakfast was not really available when I left for the airport at 4 AM.

The gym was accessible and the bar was small but friendly. Staff were great as they helped me find what I needed in the city but also for my airport info.

I would not stay here again because of the location, small bathroom, and claustrophobic shower.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The location was a little seedy. The room was very small, and the bathroom was tiny with a claustrophobic shower.

The breakfast area was nice and breakfast selections were acceptable. There is a decent restaurant on site that serves pub food. There is outside seating with a fire pit and a lovely water view at the restaurant. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

It had near 2 restaurants To walk to.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

I went there to get away From noisy neighbors & noise from work,there were guests that were making noise, housekeeping didn't come at all & they on the side where maintenance is .

It had near 2 restaurants To walk to.

Very convenient, so welcoming and just out of Boston and very good value.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

This is a slightly older hotel but heaps of room, nice comfy bed and a huge fridge! Little bit noisy but no problem

Sean at Reception was such a nice guy. So welcoming and friendly. Made us feel like we had chosen the right place for sure

It worked well for us.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The room is quite small and it is not easy to find when driving.

The restaurant was very good, both the food and the outdoor area where we ate. Although we didn't need it, we were impressed with the bus service to Logan Airport.

Close to Boston and will stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Easy to get to from spending the day in Boston. Went on gazebo to watch the planes coming and going from Logan Airport after a long in in Boston. Breakfast was just what we all needed, will stay here again in the future.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Convenient location Average service
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Waterview - Non Smoking

Front of house staff were not helpful at all more involved in their own lives than helping the customer. Vending machines only working at times needed water and the staff wouldnt even give us any.

Good sized room, had a pub on site who provided great food and convenient location close to public transport.

Good start to Our Holiday...
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Would have preferred my own room safe.

Customer services here were really above the norm, the assistance and helpful information supplied ensured we had a really enjoyable stay. We were somewhat concerned by finding the hotel after reading reviews, however a little study of google maps before we set off gave us the info needed to negotiate our Journey.

Overall a Delightful Stay but no pool

The hotel advertised an outdoor pool, which is one reason we booked it, but upon checking we learned that the pool was replaced by a deck. Also, the bed wasn't very cushy.

Nice decor, big room, maid service very good. The bar / restaurant was very nice. Food was delicious. The outdoor deck is on the water and very pleasant. Parking is plentiful. There is free breakfast every morning, plus nice cold lemon water near the front door which was a plus when stepping in from the heat outside.

bed was comfortable, food was good, shuttle was fast and on...
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

room was very warm, bathroom needed to be redone, cost too high for the quality, shuttle van was old and uncomfortable

bed was comfortable, food was good, shuttle was fast and on time

Adams Pub
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room finish ( i.e. walls, bath fixtures, paint, doors, etc.) needs complete rehab/update. The hotel facilities and room are clean, but the overall condition of the room is very subpar. Attempts have been made to update, but seems to have stopped way before completion of the final effort. TV use was cumbersome and TV guide and channel selection was not clear without some hit/miss trial error punching of the remote. Still, as noted above, we would stay there again.

Location, staff excellence and attention to our needs. We had a concern about the A/C, but the maintenance staff rep was there in less than 5 mins - vastly superior to some other establishments we have stayed in! Water view from the room was extremely nice and peaceful. WiFI was excellent and staff was again most excellent, also providing some tour tips and subway advice. We would stay again due to excellent location, excellent staff and very good value for the money - tops.

Charles River Shuffle.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Charles River rat ran under the the deck during breakfast. The Bait and switch for the room. The fact that we couldn't adjust the temp when we got cold. Told it was Best Western Policy.

On the Charles River

Great seeing the people but the facility could use a cleaning
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

The room I was in had ants and bugs. I reported it but continued to see them through the week. The shower had mold and had the ceiling trim falling down. I couldn't figure out why the TV at times went down. At first I thought it was a cable issue but instead realized it had to do with a TV. It may have been a poor connector or lose wire.

The staff is great. Very personable. When the ice machine was drained by someone with a cooler one of the staff stepped in to get ice for me out of the kitchen.

TERRIBLE PROPERTY
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

Waited over one hour for shuttle. Smelly room. Staff lies. Was told airport shuttle would take 15-20 minutes. Over 1 hour later bus arrived and driver tells me the front desk manager forgot about me when Manager tells me there was a problem with the van. Driver says that manager lies all the time. Room stunk of sewer smell. Property is old and dirty and needs a major gut rehab. Probably hasn't been remodeled since the 1970's.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

The best
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Waterview - Non Smoking

The staff were absolutely amazing. Great location. The hotel restaurant is a hidden gem with outside decks facing the water. Wish we didn't have to leave!

Quite peaceful away from the downtown traffic
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The breakfast was ok limited selection. The breakfast staff was not that friendly. Once she was out of breakfast items (hot food items & fruit) you were out not of luck. You would have to be downstairs before 8pm to get a descent selection. When booking it stated free transportion to and from the airport. Then once I got there it I was a five dollar charge each way per person. So will be having to go to the airport for bussieness duting my trip, I ended up paying 30-40 dollars transportion fees.

Breakfast - We really liked the juice selection. Hotel staff - very professional. location - Close to the T so it was easy to take public traportation.

Fully booked for Boston graduation weekend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Waterview - Non Smoking

Leaving the highway and getting to the property was initially a challenge. We could see where we wanted to go but couldn't figure out how to get there. Once understood though it was easy enough.

Loved the restaurant with the outdoor terrace overlooking the river. After searching many hotels in Boston we appreciate that Best Western (Quincy) does not charge extra for WiFi or parking. Driving back over the bridge to Boston was not an inconvenience.

Dated facility missing providing user friendly services on each floor.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff took the wifi user name and password which was annoying. There was only one ice machine in the hotel and it wasn't convenient to go downstairs when you wanted ice and a soda. There should be a vending area on each floor.

The front desk staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Stay Away
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Waterview - Non Smoking

Upon arrival Police present some issue with guest same night people running in hallway same guest removed by Police not my kind of place very dissatisfied

Not much

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Friendly staff, fair to poor room quality
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Waterview - Non Smoking

Room smelled. Paint was peeling on the walls. Sink cabinet had gouges on bottom. Halls were very dimly lit. It really needs an update, room wise. Lobby was nice. There was hair on the trim in the bathroom of our room when we got there. I purposely left it to see if it would get cleaned. It didn't. Was still there when we checked out. I would not stay here again. Would rather pay more for a better room next time.

It was within 5 miles of Boston

Great view, great location, clean rooms
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Waterview - Non Smoking

We had an issue with communication when we first arrived and called the front desk for a shuttle pick up, but after that, everything turned out just fine.

The rooms were very clean, and our river view was great! The shuttle drivers are also very nice and informative.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Most of the staff were rude.
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Most of the staff were rude. No hospitality. Expect two guys.. The hall stings badly due to kitchen door is open. They cancelled my reservation as my flight late by few hrs. They could never replace a broken chairs even though I stayed for 4 days.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

We really enjoyed the in house restaurant/bar especially...
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Room rather small and aircon a bit noisy.

We really enjoyed the in house restaurant/bar especially after a long day out. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

A Good Place to Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location of the hotel is a little isolated if you want to go somewhere else to eat or shop - you have to drive or take a cab/Uber to get to other restaurants. On the other hand, we liked the view and location to relax.

The hotel is fine. Rooms are comfortable. We like the breakfast. There is a restaurant in the hotel for lunch and dinner. We could all find something we liked to eat. We especially like the patio and view of the river. The amenities are fine and in good working condition.

Unsatisfactory
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

The room was very small maybe for one person. The staff was not accommodating and slow. I asked for additional towels for the room they brought mats, it took over 30 minutes to get it right. I was very unhappy with the service.

It was close to the venue I attended.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Lack of customer care
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Despite requesting pick-up in Boston airport on my arrival from Dublin, I had to wait almost 1 hour 40 mins to be picked up! The hotel is a 20 min drive from the airport - I timed it. I phoned the hotel 4 times to enquire as to when the shuttle would arrive. I was polite on all occasions. My flight had been 7 hours and I was exhausted. The receptionist was abrupt and put the phone down on me on one occasion. I said I would take a taxi and she replied the shuttle was on its way! I asked could she phone me when the shuttle bus was 5 mins away from me. She started to take my number and realised it was an international number and told me she could not ring an international number - I replied that each time I was calling her I had to make an international call! Customer care - I felt stranded. I saw so many shuttle buses from other hotels and thought I should just re-book, but given it was the night prior to the Boston Marathon - I guessed everywhere was booked. The Marathon cannot be used as an excuse for the lateness of this shuttle bus as buses from other hotels situated in Boston centre were making it to the airport. On arriving at the hotel, the same woman was on reception and I asked could she book me a taxi for the next morning to take me to South Station and she said I could do that in the morning - I was somewhat concerned given that taxis might be busy with marathon traffic. The next morning, she was on duty and so was another woman, who heard me making the taxi request and she interrupted and said you can have a lift on our shuttle service - absolutely lovely girl and so were the people organising the shuttle. The other receptionist had not mentioned to me the previous evening nor that morning about the shuttle service. Will I use this hotel again - no.

The location is good - short distance from the airport and into the centre of Boston. Morning arrangement for shuttle into Boston South Station was excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Quiet place outside the city

Mainly the walk to the metro

The staff were friendly and when the van was not available to take us to the airport they paid for the taxi. The food in Adams Pub was absolutely wonderful! We ate 3 meals there. It is about 15 minute walk to the North Quincy Metro but a taxi is only $5. The location is outside the city in a fairly quiet residential/business park area. Great Chinese restaurant 2 blocks away.

Marathon stay

The shower did not work well. Handle not installed correctly. Plastic on windows. But, nice private room. Need to complete upgrade. Breakfast was open for marathoners an hour early!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Poor experience!! Wet, musty, basement type feel upon entering room.
    • King Room with Water View - Non-Smoking

The room had a musty smell and felt like I was walking into a wet basement rather than a 2nd floor hotel room. Far better deals at area hotels for a better product. Will NOT be returning.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Great staff and comfy beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The building was being renovated so there was plastic sheeting over all the windows. We didn't have a river view room but my brother did and he couldn't see it. But we understand and it really wasn't an issue.

The staff where awesome. The breakfast coordinator kept everything stocked and there was always a smile on her face!!

Happy to stay again
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

heating unit was too loud/ old outdated...and even loud from nearby rooms...was needed cus room was cold...had high cathedral ceilings...so you had to turn tv way up to hear...fan/light in bathroom was annoyingly loud as well....too much noise pollution....windows are covered in plastic so no view...also think they missed vacuuming rug

hotel staff is very pleasant and helpful...bed, pillows etc were clean and comfortable... had all the necessity amenities, flat screen tv w/ cable n hbo...has a nice lounge/bar/restaurant w/ riverside view....breakfast included was good.

Great but unexpected renovation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Waterview - Non Smoking

The hotel was being renovated during our stay, so the water view room we specifically reserved was completely obscured by plastic sheeting. If we'd known, I wouldn't have bothered booking a room with a view. I felt very jipped.

I loved how quaint the room was and the location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The lights on each side of the bed did not work.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

The lights on each side of the bed did not work. Trusted outlets on the lights to charge phone. Started vacation with 18% power in phone. Also heat lamp in bathroom did not work either. Room # 118 I also had trouble with the large showerhead not working. Had to take an awkward shower.I was not handicapped. Why was I in a handicapped room. There was too much wrong in this room for a 12 hour stay. Park and fly is great. I have refered at least 6 people.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Too tired to drive home
    • Small Double Room - Non Smoking

Mini suite....room was very cold and head only worked on bedrm side so i had to keep door shut between bed n sitting area but walk thru for bathroom....heat was loud....even neighbors heat was noisy....was were thing cud hear neighbors well....didnt care for weird pillows but might be someone elses liking....lucky two controls as their were two tv's but only one worked.....wasnt fun adjusting water twmp in shower....otherwise all was fine n i wud stay again

Hbo channel, ffridge in room....bed was comfortable....had a hoping. Bar when i walked in on Sat. Even thou i didnt stop by.....also function going on in other room so place is well utilized