Reviews of Best Western Envoy Inn 3 stars

1416 Pacific Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401, USA

#9 of 35 hotels in Atlantic City

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Even though it’s a nice hotel to me it’s a pricey it cost more/same as the casino hotels but I guess I could just stay at the casino lol but it’s convenient when the casino hotels is booked

The property was clean great location and the breakfast was awesome and staff was very professional and fast with check in.

Sketchy location The breakfast situation

The rooms where clean For a night or two it’s fine We stayed at the Tropicana and the rooms were just as good. Tropicana were so dated and not so clean. Only dated thing was the microwave. It was soooo old. It’s great for the price.

• King Room - Smoking

They say you don’t have to pay until you arrive but that is very untruthful. They don’t just charge a deposit, they charge your credit card the entire amount 2 days before you arrive, so be sure to use the card you want to pay with. Customer service sucks and no one answers the front desk phone number.Horrible hotel. Dirty sheets. This area of Atlantic City is just about 5 minutes from the main shopping/hotel area but riddled with drug dealers/addicts and prostitution.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like about the room. Was the toilet is a little to low if you are a older person. And the safe was on the floor. For older person. That's to low.

I like the bed's the desk was great the chair's were very nice. The pillow's on the bed was just right. The breakfast was excellent the egg's and waffles the coffee sausage was very good. The refrigerator was a perfect size.i really love the lamp's you could plug your phone into them.

The windows

Great breakfast! King bed was good. Only thing is motel is old and windows have lost their seals, are fogged up, and have zero noise suppression. You can hear everything going on outside.

Having to pay for parking when I'm staying at a hotel.

The cleanliness of the place the place and the location to everything was in walking distance.

Gym has only 3 machines and the neighbourhood is a bit dodgy even tho it’s a 5 minute walk to the caesars but that’s AC for you after a certain time.

Excellent value for money. Very comfy,clean and spacious room

• King Room - Smoking

To be honest with you nothing

The place was remodeled The room is nice and clean And I was in the middle of Atlantic City I don't think it gets any better than that and my time was fun

• King Room - Smoking

the bed was awfully hard for me, the eggs and sausage tasted like it was microwavable food. For less than 24 hours to stay, too pricey for what you're actually getting

I liked the waffles. YUMMMMM> I like the location too. Very close to boardwalk and restaurants.

It is quite noisy at night and the bed wasn't very comfy. Couldn't sleep very well. It is too expensive for this quality.

The location is very good. Close to the sea and to casinos. The staff there are really helpful.

When I was checking in they said I hawe to pay 10$ parking fee . I stay there 100 times before and this is the first time I pay parking fee and last time and stuf talkt To me rude because of 20 minutes late check out

Told parking was included but when got there they wantes to charge $5 per day. The fee was waved because I told front desk I was told parking was included. Also charge was put on my card before I actually checked out but I was told I could pay anyway I wanted by check out time. So I was not happy about that because I wanted to pay cash.

• King Room - Smoking

Charged $10 (cash only) to park, almost a block away. But that is part of the scam all over Atlantic City. They'll never include it or mention that until you check in.

Very clean, week kept. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.

• King Room - Smoking

Read the aforementioned "note"

I've answered your questionaire before, but I'm happy to do it one more time. As a FEMALE, SENIOR CITIZEN - 66 YRS OLD- SOLO TRAVELER, Atlantic City, most unfortunately has turned into a ghost town. It is scary when you are a female alone, let alone a bit cranky as I am. The manager, Ali, and his Staff, made me feel great and safe. Next time, for my own safety, I will not ask for a ground floor. In 2 different occasions 2 WHITE, FAIRLY YOUNG MALES, once again, 2 men came directly to me to ask me for money, they knew better than to ask a man. IT'S A PITTY! I NO LONGER FEEL SAFE IN ATLANTIC CITY. I LOVED BEST WESTERN'S wonderful Staff, the place is very pleasant.

• King Room - Smoking

That I was charged an additional 200 deposit and it didn’t indicate that on the website .. overall I enjoyed my stay and everything I needed or wanted to go was local and very convenient for me

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was totally fine for that one night. It's a 5 minute walk to Caesers Casino and other big Casinos. It's not high end, but there a mini fridge, a TV and everything you need in there. It was all really clean and the woman who served breakfast was really nice. If I'm going to Atlantic City again, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The one thing I didn't like was the location of the hotel itself. The neighborhood seemed a little sketchy.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast room had a nice selection of goodies to choose from. We were close to the jitney stop so all of the casinos were easily accessible.Our rooms were spacious, we'll appointed and clean.It was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like, was when my friend & I returned to the room around midnight, there was someone smoking pot in one of the rooms as we walked past their door, but the smell was not down the hall by our room (smile).

I loved the room we stayed in on the 3rd floor. I will ask for that room again with a microwave and nice size refrigerator (Smile). The room was clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and it was quiet and peaceful. The front desk guys were so friendly and polite (Smile). The handy man was also very nice. I will definitely come back again to this Best Western, and hopefully stay in the same room (Smile).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Housekeeping came and asked if we needed service, we asked her to come back because we were getting dressed & she said yes. She never came back!!!

Breakfast was ok, as well as the gentleman that checked us in.

• King Suite - Smoking

My couch and the fact you can’t order movies sometimes it’s a long stay and you may want variety

The waffle excellent didn’t really care for the other stuff the couch in my room seemed worn out sinking down a little

• King Suite - Smoking

I liked everything about this hotel i have nothing bad to say about it everyone was super polite everything was clean the room was nice and it was quite. I will be going back to Atlantic city and for sure i will be staying here.

• King Suite - Smoking

My 1 year old and I was bitten up by bed bugs and I was only refunded 1night after being in that room for nearly 2nights. We had to transfer all of our belongings from the 3rd to the 2nd floor at 9pm at night..

Bed Bugggssss room 332!!! My family decided to take a little 3 night vacay. My son and I were bitten up!!! I went down to tell the front desk and gave tre guy my room # asking for a different room and he called me a complete different name! I said no and told him what are name was.. He said that we were supposed to be in 232 smh mind you that this is day 2!! How don’t y’all know who’s staying where???? So he gave me the key to room 232 the room that I was supposed to be in(This room was much nicer than the 1st with the bed bugs) and told us that the manager will be in at 7am. We talked to the manager the next morning and he told us that the maintenance guy didn’t see any after showing him the bites on my arm. He said that they will take this matter serious and he will deal with me at checkout...... Checkout.. We went down and he didn’t even mention the bed bugs he was nice about it attitude wise, took off 1 night and sent us on the way smh

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast food. And don't forget bananas. First time I experienced no bananas. There were apples but no bananas. That lady in charge was very nice, though and keeps the room very clean.

The beds are comfortable and the room is spacious for two. The bathroom is good but a little tight. The coffee and the waffles are igood but the rest are blah. The lady in charge, Piedra, is very friendly and keeps the breakfast room spotless. Most important, I left my tote bag in our room and we had to come back. We were already 30 minutes away but whoever the cleaning staff, returned it to the manager and we Got my tote bag back. A very good experience! I commend this hotel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A few times the place smelled like weed. It didn't particularly bother me but it could bother other guests staying with children

I loved the value. AC can be expensive and I was able to stay and play for a reasonable amount.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I went to check in the gentleman at the front desk told me that we don't care what booking.com does or says it doesn't matter because we do things a different way at our location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There was a bright ass light outside our window and our curtains wouldn't close all the way and there was no secondary curtain so there was a light on our faces all night and that was annoying. That's really my only "complaint".

I love staying here when I'm in AC. Close to small food places, a 711 right across the street, family dollar two blocks up. Winter walking sucks but when it's nice out, it's a nice 15/20 min walk to outlets, 10 mins from Ballys. There are very few hotels that offer smoking rooms that are NOT shaky af but these amenities are clean and welcoming. The beds are comfy. The continental breakfast is great (waffles, fruit jams for waffles, bread and mini bagels. Yogurt. Cereals. Oatmeal. Sausage, eggs, etc although i dont eat that lol). Check out being at 12 is awesome.

Everything was great. No problems.

Breakfast was a delight. Lady managing breakfast was cheerful,helpful and her waffles were amazing. Rooms were comfortable will stay again.

• King Room - Smoking

I did not like the breakfast could have been way better, Also the breakfast was not fresh... it was like they just kept the same thing my WHOLE stay.

Very clean

The walls were paper thin,I had to ask for wash cloths. Besides that everything was good.

The breakfast was great, eggs were great the waffles were to die for.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We requested a room for 3 people - 3 boys. The hotel didnt clarify initially that this room is on bed sharing basis. The beds are full size and can barely be comfortable for a couple. The guy in the lobby did not have any spare beds to setup in the room.

The breakfast was better than most Inns I have stayed in. Rooms are decent and the beds are comfortable. There is a small Gym as well if you think you cannot compromise on your fitness regime. Overall, A great experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very small dining room for breakfast so it was very hard to navigate and get breakfast without bumping into other guests. When we turned on the heat, the room smelled like cigarette smoke and we were in a non smoking room. Also, hotel not in a good neighborhood. I was woken up at 12:30am by people screaming at each other outside on the street.

The rooms were clean and the staff pleasant

First floor rooms which open directly to outside need work. The door is not sealed off from drafts and the door itself needs to be slammed to shut properly.

Staff was incredibly kind and accommodating. Breakfast room was nice and food was good. More gluten free and vegetarian options would have made it even better. Our room on the 4th floor was warm and cozy on a 15 degree night after a recent snow fall.

as above, questionable person sleeping in hallway at about 3 a.m.

Ease of Check-in and Check-out. Proximity to casinos. Friendly staff. Only issue was finding a possibly homeless person sleeping in hallway on my floor. A little scary. So suggest better security check of people entering lobby. Breakfast was passable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The water in the shower got cold randomly but that was literally the ONLY thing thag bothered me and not even too bad because I shower with the water on hot as hell anyway 😂

Breakfast was amazing, for continental breakfast. They had these big fluffy pancakes and mine had a heart in the middle <3 They have fruit toppings for your waffles! They had coffee and hazlenut cream, activa yogurt, a variety of breads and spreads and even pastries on sunday! The smoking room provides extra confort because it would've SUCKED to have to go outside to smoke in the cold. The staff is super accommodating and friendly.

Bed could’ve been a bit softer.

Nice clean rooms for the price. Beautiful bathrooms. It had a nice size refrigerator and microwave. Tv had a guide on it which was great.

Wish I could've stayed longer

I enjoy my stay at this hotel and have stayed four times. The staff is courteous and rooms are nice. They also serve a hot breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The prostitutes directly across from the hotel, The old basement smell of the room, The toilet that wouldnt flush, the smelly shower curtain. The ants all over the muffins at breakfast.Shall I go on?

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was limited but in plenty supply. The room’s furnishings were a little tired, the leather effect sofa was cracking. The bathroom wasn’t cleaned properly & our coffee making facility not restocked. We were only there for 2 nights, so didn’t mention it to anyone, but I’m sure it would have been dealt with if we had

We were given a suite with a huge bathroom & jacuzzi which was a lovely surprise considering what we paid. The location of the hotel is one street away from the famous Boardwalk & the hotel has its own car park, so we could just park the car & walk during our stay. The staff were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't find the piece of dirty duct tape on my sheet until the morning or I would have insisted on my money back. Clearly the sheets had not been changed. DISGUSTING!!

The best choice we ever decided so far. We didn't expect to stay in this type of room at the rate offered. Size, cleanliness, comfort of the room, easy and safe parking, nice staff and also good breakfast ... need I say more?

Location is suspect. Fitness center was closed. Telephone didn't work. Some issues with the television but it was corrected.

Rooms were very nice and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had a 2 inch ledge in the doorway you had to step up into the bathroom and someone could really hurt there foot if not careful

The rooms were clean

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When we got to the room there was a ceiling leak and the room smelled like cigarette and it was suppose to be non smoking. We were switched to a different room but the room rate wasn't worth it. to much money for the type of room.

• King Room - Smoking

Hallways had an unpleasant smell. TV remote was very hard to use. Otherwise this was a pretty good option for the price.

nice breakfast, close to boardwalk.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

make sure you ask directions to boardwalk, it's 2mins away unless you wander off in the wrong direction like we did!

Super handy for the boardwalk. A simple hotel but helpful staff and free breakfast.

This was the worst hotel I've stayed in, ever. The hotel smelled of pot smoke from the lobby to the 4th floor. The pictures on the website are outdated. When people were banging on doors on our floor at 3:30 in the morning and I called the front desk, no one answered. Parking was crowded and we felt we were putting our lives at risk walking anywhere around this place after dark. I've traveled a lot and don't worry much about places I go, but this was like being in Grand Theft Auto video game... aside from the hotel, Atlantic City needs a lot of work to get back on it's feet. This is an armpit of a city.

• King Room - Smoking

I liked my room it was nice and clean and the king bed was nice too,i liked the shower too.

the bed was comfy and the breakfast was good too they seemed friendly at the desk.i recommend this hotel for a over night stay or so.

• King Room - Smoking

Nothing not to like especially at the price

Lovely room reception really friendly and helpful, Location is a bit dubious at night but we felt comfortable all the time during the day time early evening walking about and partied in our room after dark, Local 7/11 and liquer shop is really good.

I didnt. I had to deal with people begging for money which made me very uncomfortable beacasue I was traveling alone. The hallways smelled of smoke. Loud music and noises during stay.

i stayed 1 night and we got out of there and went home early the next morning

i think this property is a homeless shelter it reeked of marajuana, very noisey all night lobby stinks of urine people hanging out all hours poor neighborhood

It was dirty, smelly, the sheets wete awful and the floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in ages. The breakfast was poor and the neighborhood sketchy. They shouldn't ask more than 30-40 $ the night.

Nothing at all

• King Suite - Smoking

Cleanliness of the dated room wasn't up t scratch. Very expensive for a tired hotel which is in a reasonable location a half mile walk from the boardwalk.

Free parking and breakfast were a bonus.

Our mattress was too hard/firm. The wifi was terrible. The location of the hotel gave us the creeps.

Staff were friendly and our room was clean. The breakfast was decent and the parking was free. We were also a couple of minutes away from the casinos and restaurants.

• King Room - Smoking

The wifi was in and out. My opinion the breakfast sausage has a funny taste and the juice was weird tasting other than that everything was good.

The bed is always so comfortable I enjoy the confortablity everytime we stay here. I love that even though best western is not on the boardwalk that it is still close enough that it will take maybe a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. Breakfast is always wonderful I love the fresh bagels and pastries. Thanks for having a liquor store close enough that the party kept going on once we returned to our room.

Although the hotel was great and there was a large police presence, the surrounding area was not so great.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Let us check in early, no problem. the room was clean and looked as pictured online. Breakfast was a real breakfast, not just donuts and coffee.

• King Room - Smoking

No air in hallways, bed was hard as a rock and parking is problematic.

The best thing about this Best Western was the breakfast. We would rate it as Excellent.

Room didn't have table or desk; room not made up by 5 PM on first day; shower broke down on second day.

Several problems were attended to. Manager reimbursed 20% because of problems.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

What was disappointing is if you go onto the website, the lobby area does not resemble the hotel in its actual state at all. I actually thought I had arrived at the wrong location initially. The hallways were sweltering from the heat, however the rooms were air conditioned. Upon my arrival ( 5:00 pm) the cleaning staff was sitting in my room relaxing. They were not cleaning. They surprised me because pocket books were on the bed etc.. I actually thought my sisters had arrived before me. Some of the towels had holes in them, we had no extra blanket for the room. etc.. So while I thought the room worked out well. The overall experience was a lack luster.

The room was good. Clean and stocked with appropriate towels for my sisters and I .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was not comfortable. The parking was in a tight spot. The hallway lights shining through the creases of the door. I was not told about a $1 occupant fee.

Cleanliness. Good location. Very quiet.

The woman who cleaned our room, didn't clean it very well. The toilet seat wasn't clean, only the bowl to appear clean. The second day, my room didn't get cleaned at all. Also, the breakfast room is small. It was overcrowded with people. My other and I got our food and went back to the room. Took 20 minutes to receive a waffle.

The bed was comfortable! Seemed very clean.

There was hair on our towels that did not belong to us. No comforters. Other loud guests hanging out outside our room door from midnight until about 4 am. Too expensive for the quality of the room. Disappointed.

Almost nothing.

The location of the hotel is in a seedy part of Atlantic city, the hotel reeks of disinfectant, the staff appears moody and unfriendly, the halls smelled of weed,

The room was clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleaning staff did not speak english so it was hard to communicate with them.

Breakfast was great! Much more than a continental breakfast! The room was updated and the bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That it didn't have a pool

The Manager on duty at the time of check was great very helpful and very nice.Very clean hotel .The young lady doing the breakfast on Thursday was very nice pleasant attitude.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like the location of the hotel. Too many drug dealers and drunk people near the hotel. it is scary going to the hotel after being at the casinos.

Location was near the boardwalk and close to resorts, but next door to abandon building. A few seedy characters walking but no big deal.

Great staff, clean rooms, breakfast was nice. Good bang for the buck. Oh yeah....next to 7-11.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sketchy looking...no frills, but fine once you get in your room. Be prepared to wait or climb stairs b/c there is only one elevator.

Clean, nice staff, good location, not far from boardwalk rides. The free parking and breakfast made it very worth while for my large family. Great for the value.

• King Room - Smoking

It had a molded odor in the room, the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, and ants.

I have a picture and a video that shows there were ants in the room on the night stands and occasionally on the bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed mattress was not great, I'd rank it poor. The breakfast area was really cramped and there were no additional seats available but the food was good.

The guy at the front desk was a bit lazy and inattentive. When we called and asked about the Wifi ID he placed us on hold for 10 minutes. Thanks, dude. We have to call back and got the name from another worker. In addition, the Wifi sucks so don't bother thinking you will get any work done while there. The signal strength is weak. I kept getting either kicked as soon as I joined or was never able to join from my 3 devices (laptop, iPhone 7, tablet).

The breakfast was pretty good. I like how the staff offered to make the waffles for us each morning with a smile. Do try to get in there early as people come in waves when getting breakfast after 8:30. Breakfast is served at 7am.

Hallway on our floor smelled like weed. Told clerk about it and he said he couldn't smell it. It was a very strong smell that couldn't be missed and we were on a no smoking floor. Hotel is in a shady area. Prostitutes on corner and shady characters walking around. However, did not feel unsafe walking to and from boardwalk.

Room was clean and staff was nice and helpful. Great location to boardwalk.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walk between the hotel and the Boardwalk is a little sketchy and tried to make sure there was always several groups of people walking for safety reasons.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a good variety - cereal, waffles, eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit. It was within walking distance of the boardwalk and beach.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish it was on the boardwalk, but it was only at the end of one side street.

Staff was very friendly and room was very clean and comfortable. Extra amenities of refrigerator, microwave and hairdryer was very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Area was a little sketchy at night but streets were fairly empty & nobody bothered us. Lobby was a bit dingy, hallways & elevator were not air conditioned so they were hot. Typical free hotel breakfast food & selection did not change for any of the 3 mornings but was still a huge money saver for our group of 4. Food was served in a converted guest room on second floor so it was a bit cramped.

Hotel is in a great location for the price, just a short walk to the Boardwalk. Unlike hotels directly on Boardwalk there were no resort fees. Free parking, breakfast & wifi were all included. Only few blocks from Bally's or Resorts in either direction. Hotel is not fancy but rooms were decorated nicely & were clean. Rooms included coffee maker, microwave & fridge. We booked 2 rooms & the hotel was able to accommodate adjoining rooms upon check in, which was a great convenience. Guest room air conditioners worked well. Staff was friendly & accommodating. Overall would recommend to anyone who wants a decent hotel near the Boardwalk for good price.

• King Room - Smoking

Everything was really great, but like everyone stated you're in a bad area. It's whatever, because that's Atlantic City.

The breakfast was actually really good, and the bed was sooo comfy! Short walk to boardwalk & it's around everything!

Browse Best Western Envoy Inn traveller photo gallery