Reviews of Best Western Albany Airport Inn 3 stars

200 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205, USA

#23 of 40 hotels in Albany

We had to unexpectedly end our trip early and the staff was wonderful. We were able to cancel the last night of our reservation even though we had passed the official "cut off" time. We will be staying here again on our next trip to Albany.

During my first night, the hotel lost power. It repeatedly went off and on all night, continuously waking me up. When I woke up, the hotel still had no power. After 4 years of living in the area, I could not even shower or get ready for MY LAST DAY of work! In addition to no power, and no breakfast that is included in the rate, your staff refused to provide me a full refund. I had an awful experience and believe I am entitled to a full refund for the night in which there was no power.

During my first night, the hotel lost power. It repeatedly went off and on all night, continuously waking me up. When I woke up, the hotel still had no power. After 4 years living in the area, I could not even shower or get ready for MY LAST DAY of work! In addition to no power, and no breakfast that is included in the rate, your staff refused to provide me a full refund. I had an awful experience and believe I am entitled to a full refund for the night in which there was no power.

The building needs some renovations. There was a lot of damage in my room from age. Ceiling had a big spot of water damage. The bathroom door was damaged.

Staff was very friendly and very helpful.

In the middle of the night approximately 3am I got up to feed my 6 week old and the entire bed frame collapsed. The young girl the next morning said they were oils iseye me a refund. I’ve called and left messages twice for the manager of the property with not a phone call or refund, and also had booking reach out as well. Very unprofessional and someone could have got hurt with the bed.

The pool was great for the kids!

Pool area dirty and cheap . the whole.buiding and carpet needs a make over wont be back and no help to load my luggage as a single parent with a disabled son which i called and requested.tv had a barely working remote and please check the bath Room!!!!

Beds

Front desk in evening could have been a bit more understanding re: concerns to room. I will assume this to be an isolated incident, as every other time I've stayed it's been top notch. Also, fix the toaster!

Easy check in process, great value. I've stayed here multiple times and have always felt it to be a great value and location. Breakfast is always ready to go in the AM, and they put out cookies at night.

The first room we were in the AC was so loud and the toilet was not attached to the floor.

The location was great, the guys driving the shuttlebus were excellent so kind and friendly. We could see they were renovating some of the rooms which is greatly needed. Really does need some new carpets and curtains in the corridors and rooms.

The property itself could have been better taken care of. We had several issues that we encountered that for what we were paying felt it was unacceptable. We had plumbing issues, there was a mouse in our room, and there was mold in the shower and curtain.

I can't say enough good things about the Customer Service that was provided to us when we addressed several issues during our stay. The person who assisted us was wonderful. Beds were very comfortable as well.

Bed was a bit worn and sunk in the middle, bathrooms were very small and not comfortable with low height toilets in room and near lobby and tub was hard to get in & out of since there was no safety bar in tub and slippery floors in bathroom when humid. I had mentioned knee problems in message when booking so they gave me a room very far from lobby and not easily accessible to get to room or in the room. It would be nice to have a designated smoking area outside so that we wouldn't have to walk through the smoking right outside the entrance.

Breakfast had great choices and hotel was nice, but a bit dated. Nice pool but not used.

The room had an unpleasant odor and the bathroom was not clean. The faucet in the shower was extremely loose and definitely needs replacement. I had to return to the front desk approximately 3 times as a result of my key card not working.

The customer service was excellent. The lobby area was very nice.

We stayed for one night because of an early flight. The hotel was exactly what we needed. The rate to keep your car in the parking lot was excellent and the shuttle to the airport was amazing. My four year old forgot her tablet in the car and the shuttle bus driver came back to the airport within 5 minutes and brought me back very quickly. I appreciated that extra help immensely!! We have a late flight back and they were still available until midnight and picked us up quickly with one phone call. Great hotel if flying!

The clock and bedside lights were not working. Would suggest a disclaimer in the booking process that says there is only stairs to second floor.

it was convenient to the airport and Northway. Pet friendly.

Pool closed earlier than all other hotels in surrounding area, and trust me, there were quite of bit of them. Plus, they were not letting anybody go in after hours, except the couple the guard approved of "swimming" around in the dark, while talking to. The (3) soda machines were empty. The pics on bookings were not how it actually looked. They had one waffle maker for a 100+ room hotel with 200-300 guest and a huge aggressive line you couldn't penetrate to get to the rest of the microwavable food or drinks which were scarce as well.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and upgraded us to a King because they sold our room and didn't charge anything extra!

- Bathroom was very small and not very clean. No tissues in bathroom (even though there was a tissue dispenser). - Water damage on ceiling in room and bathroom. - Faulty electric - Corner lamp did not work, then worked, then stopped working again - Outlet on nightstand stopped working on 2nd day - Loose outlet near bed - Wires hanging from roof outside the room and along the whole building (I should've taken photos). - Understaffed? Front desk staff were helpful but seemed way too busy for a place that didn't seem like there were too many people staying there. - Pool area was absolutely freezing cold. We barely used the pool. The pool area itself wasn't too clean either. Mildew and mold way up on the ceiling, and the entrance mat literally had moss growing on it.

Breakfast was ok. Beds were comfortable. Fridge and microwave. Heater looked new, clean, and it worked well.

Eggs and toast on breakfast bar, but it was very early flt.the room I had was very far fri. Front desk, but nice and quiet.

Not much breakfast, just muffins and coffee. Some protein bars. Fruit too had to ask for tea, but they got some for me.

The rodents in our room. Disgusting. The room itself was very small. Had to squeeze myself next to the toilet to shut the door. Brown splatter marks behind the toilet. Red dots that looked like blood on the carpet. There were also gross stains that look like they had not been cleaned up. I was thoroughly disgusted.

There was a rodent in our room that kept us up all night. I reported this to the desk clerk, but was never given any refund. We were going to stay for two nights, but we left and went somewhere else. I took a picture of the rodent trap behind the dresser. I can't believe I was charged almost $100 for this room. Property needs serious updating. Large bubble in the ceiling, many water-damage stains on the ceiling. Weird stains all over. Did not sleep at all. Just gross.

AC & fridge a little noisy. Staff were helpful.

Good value, comfortable, spacious, safe. Typical but good breakfast included. Great pool area. Nice bar.

Out Dated, beds were terrible, hair in washcloths and towels, water stains in ceilings, coffee maker not clean.

Location, pool, lobby, breakfast, lounge

The bar was closed up tight by 10 PM. I would have enjoyed a glass of wine before bed.

Clean, appropriately sized room. I particularly like being able to park there, leave my car & use the shuttle. It's very convenient. I also appreciated the coffee & continental breakfast @ 4:30 AM!

The staff was barely helpful. Hallways were filthy; no evidence of EVER vacuuming; the dust and dirt collected near walls and around doors. Rugs were stained and dirty in the room. The state of the room was extremely unkempt and in very poor condition; chipping and peeling paint, filthy rugs and cobwebs and dirt in the corners of the room. I WILL ATTACH PHOTOS. When we returned from dinner, five Albany Police cars were parked in front. When I demanded to know the issue, the young lady giggled, not knowing if she could tell me there was a domestic disturbance on the first floor. As it was too late to find another hotel, we reluctantly retired but were awoken by the many noisy cargo trucks running in the parking lot around 3 am! The walls are so thin I could hear the folks in the next room as they used cell phones and just simply coughed! We had a reservation for another night BUT JUST COULD NOT STAND ANOTHER NIGHT! When we checked out in the morning, the front desk did not even question our departure! I WILL BE CONTACTING BOOKING.COM FOR COMPENSATION. This hotel should not be recommended as IT DOES NOT MEET THE STANDARDS BOOKING.COM SHOULD MAINTAIN; it is not worth 3 stars!!

The Best Western on Wolf Road in Albany, NY was an utter disgrace.

The pool was indoors but indoor temp was very cold.

Weekend Night staff St.Patrick’s day weekend was super friendly and extremely accommodating. Someone needs to give that man raise

I was hoping to have a hot breakfast, like what I've had at other Best Westerns, but enjoyed what was there. The lady in the breakfast room told me that they serve a cooked breakfast five days a week and the bagel sandwiches/microwaveable the other two days. Microwave in hotel room seemed to be noisier than most but otherwise worked well.

Comfy bed, fridge works really well. Enjoyed the pool. The breakfast area seating was one of the nicest I've seen. Liked the almond milk at breakfast. I travel with ear plugs so the airplane take-offs and traffic noise on the highway didn't keep me awake.

An update,especially the halls, would make it perfect!

Beds were comfortable, room was clean, TV had no issues,breakfast buffet was very good, the young man who checked us in was friendly and helpful.Price was very good especially with an indoor pool available.

The place was run down. Carpet dirty in common area. Lots of junk sitting near exit doors. No fire hose in sprinkler box-potentially a big fire hazard.

The breakfast was Inedible the sausage was not cooked absolutely disgusting someone could get sick

The staff was great the shuttle driver Justin was fantastic

Walls were super thin so you could hear everything going on inside and out. It wasn't clean (halls needed vacuumed, bathrooms not attended to) and needed repairs (paint, wall repair).

The staff was friendly and attentive and the breakfast was good.

Booked 2 rooms on Bookings for 8 but only had 1 in the system. That is a bookings problem. We were accommodated by the hotel and also noted that the Bookings room was $248 while the second room was $200 for two nights. I am beginning to question is Bookings is the way to go! Thank you front desk!!

Clean room, good breakfast

The hotel held 200.00 on my credit card and when I question them they said they would release it but it would take three to four business days and it’s also a holiday weekend and I flew out that morning for vacation and i could use that money on my vacation and days later I still don’t have that money in my account

Major issue, the side doors are never locked, anyone from the street can walk in. Not cool at all

Staff was great, room was very cozy abd comfortable.

Very unclean and needed to be updated didn’t but even want to use shower . And smelled grose and gave me bad headache . Dated for sure . Wouldn’t pay $90 again for this hotel when I can go to another really nice one across the street for $10 more

The staff was nice

Breakfast was beyond expectations and room service respected our privacy.place was nice and clean.i love the fact we had access to the pool from our room in and out of it.our stay was very relaxing nice and quiet

The shutitle was not an option to the airport. We needed it for 2:30 am and they did not open until 4. They gave us a few phone numbers for cabs, but they too did not run that early. We found a cab online oursel es.

We booked this stay so we could relax and sleep in. We check in and discover they are doing construction. The first morning we had our do not disturb sign on the door and housekeeping kept knocking and calling housekeeping until I had to get up and answer the door. The next morning at 9 am they were right outside our window leaf blowing. It was so loud we got up and checked out. So much for sleeping in. Then the construction had some sort of styrofoam that landed on the car and when you open your car door it flies into the car. I was not happy at all with the stay.

The location was good.

The hotel was under construction and the exterior looks very run down and a bit scary. The rooms and hallways could have been cleaner and the beds were cheap and uncomfortable.

The lobby was big, clean and inviting with welcome snacks and infused water. The breakfast buffet was good. My kids loved the pancakes! The staff was very friendly.

I am in a wheelchair and they had us in the last corridor in the last room. When we parked close to the room the exit door was broken. There was no security at this door. I didn't realize the hotel was under renovation until we got there. I wouldn't have been so disappointed if the booking had said something & didn't cost nearly a $130 for the night.

I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. Trash was not picked up timely and sometimes reminded housekeeping about the trash and need for towels. Beds were not made.

Breakfast was excellent and delicious. I looked for the experience every day. Shuttle service was very helpful and courteous. Reception staff was very professional.

We had to change rooms. When we walked in there was a strong smell , of what I do not know but it was not pleasant. In back of the bed on the floor were several dead bugs (not bed bugs). The molding was completely off the wall. Under the bed had not been cleaned or vacuumed in months. There were layers of dirt, dust, wrappers etc. Front desk apologized and moved us right away but this was a hassle to move all our things out. The new room was cleaner. The carpeting in the hallways is very old, outdated, and just looks dirty. The place is undergoing a renovation on the outside..lets hope the inside is done as well.

Breakfast was good; beds were fairly comfortable; refrigerator and microwave in room

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The room was a bit bland and dim. One of the outlets didn't work. Doors were thin, so we could hear conversations in the hallway.

It was very good value: the room was clean, there were a microwave and a mini-fridge and a coffee maker for our use, and the need was comfortable.

No elevator and the front desk lady was a little overwhelmed. She was there alone and four customers in line.

Nice place for the price. No elevator and the Sign was not lighted so the taxi had a hard time finding it. Nice rooms and a good breakfast.

Drinving westbound out of Boston, the hotel is easy to reach from the interstate and offers simple but clean rooms at affordable rates; American style breakfast, wifi and a small fitness area are included.

The motel was old, the bathroom was very small. When they finished cleaning the room, it smelled like dirty socks. I was very unhappy with my stay at this Best Western. I only stayed because I booked through Booking.com and didn’t think I could get my money back.

Over powering smell as soon as you walked into the room, paint falling off wall stains in carpet... Renovation is needed badly...

Continental breakfast was very good, a lot of options.

The rooms are allot better than last time but the hallways are so out dated

The young man Jake who checked me in was just great! Big smile and so nice!

There seemed to be a lot of construction going on. our room was not made up and the towels not changed in between the two nights.

The breakfast was good.

I would have loved to have a restaurant on-site. I stayed a couple months ago and was able to order room service which was a lifesaver with an infant. This time there was no restaurant.

Breakfast was great! The pool was open from 9am until 9pm, which our son loved.

Excellent customer service upon check in and morning breakfast ! Beds were comfortable and room very clean! Overall an excellent stay after a long day of driving!

Horrible smell that our eyes and chest burned. Nails in parking lot. Wallpaper coming off wall. Mold in bathroom wall that was visible because cove strip behind toilet was gone. Uneven dirty carpet. We checked out. Nearest available hotel room was more than an hour and a half way. Funniest part -- to the point of being pathetic-- was manager had letter in room asking for good reviews b

Nothing. Front desk clerk tried to be professional. Too bad she works at this dump.

Key cards wouldn't open outside door. Had to call and have attendant program new keys. New key wouldn't open room door. Attendant said she would followup but didn't.

The bathroom sink needs replacing. Looks like someone took a hammer to the basin resulting in lots of cracks in the ceramic.

They had a good continental breakfast. Bed was comfortable. Room had a fridge and microwave although I didn't need to use them. Because I had a heavy suitcase, the staff put me on the ground floor which I appreciated.

My room was poorly cleaned. The manager did not seem to care or want to do anything when I complained. The phone was not working on day 1. I had to report it twice before it was fixed. The staff had a don't care and unfriendly attitude. The bathtub was dirty. I had to wait longer for the shuttle to the airport even though I'd booked it earlier. Overall it was a bad experience for me and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.I wasn't given water but I saw other guests getting it. My bed wasn't made and I was asked if I had left something personal on it and I said no. There was no housekeeping staff at 5pm and I was told the room could not be cleaned at that time and I just had to make do with it. I was too tired to keep complaining and I decided to just get through the experience as I would be on my way home soon. There was a letter from the manager in the room stating that we should go to her with complaints and when I did I was told she'd left. No follow up was done on if things had improved. I was disturbed even when I had a do not disturb sign. I got a late checkout for 12pm and was disturbed again because the manager had not communicated this to housekeeping. Overall a bad experience and not worth the money. I could hear the people in the next room. It had no elevator. This was more of a motel than a hotel.

Good breakfast. They had a great pancake making machine. Very near the airport. Many nice restaurants nearby .

Vending machine on first floor only took credit card, soda vending machine was out of stock. Was unable to take a bath because the plug wouldn't work.

The staff was nice and the hotel property was clean. Comfortable beds

my nonverbal niece cut her foot in the pool and got a couple of drops on comforter. Now hotel is charging me 170 extra to supposedly have to cover them.

food,pool

The springs were sticking up in my mattress and was too uncomfortable to sleep in. So, I slept with my wife in the other queen bed. Cracked lavatory in bathroom needs replacing. Bathroom very small. Room had an unpleasant odor. Problem with light in room not working. No instructions for setting time on clock.

The breakfast area was very attractive and the variety of breakfast foods was plentiful and tasted good.

The room had a unpleasant odour and one of the beds was 6" lower than the other and left a large gap between the bottom of the head board and the top of the extremely uncomfortable mattress.

Ice machines were out of service for our entire stay. Microwave did not work and was found to be unplugged.

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was very good.

Building is a little shabby but rooms are renovated

Excellent location for airport. Allow long term parking for a reasonable charge. Beds were very comfortable.

I just wish the pillows could have been bigger like the standard size pillows.

I like that full breakfast was included my stay was comfortable and there were lots of restaurant in the area location was very good and the staff was pleasant I will stay at this hotel when next I come back to Albany.

The ventilation in the room was very very loud

Easy to get to, although the shuttle stops at midnight. Our flight was delayed so we almost missed the last one

The outside of the building is very dated and made me second guess my selection before walking in. The bathroom needs some work... exhaust fan on it's last legs and the toilet seat was ready to fall off.

Room was very clean and there was plenty of parking. Staff members were friendly and helpful.

The refrigerator didn't work, the phone didn't work, the toilet backed up, the bathroom was cramped with stained ceiling panels and bathtub may have been clean but did not look it. The rug was worn and felt musty. The big long table outside our door by the pool wasn't cleaned over night - a large family group (not ours) had eaten there the night before and it was still filthy in the morning when we had thought to eat breakfast there.

The beds were fine, the pool was nice, and the staff very friendly and accommodating (we were given a 20% discount due to some of the issues listed below).

Breakfast selection is always good. I have been using this hotel as a base for the past 4 years when visiting Saratoga Racecourse. I have no complaints. The staff have always been very accommodating. I like the fact that within two minutes I can be on the road that takes me to the racetrack. The beds are comfortable, towels plentiful, wi-fi is fine, and I love the tray of homemade cookies that are put out late in the day at the front desk. There are many places to eat in the area and there is a nice size mall only blocks away from the hotel.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Girl named Melody took our call before we reserved through Booking. not only was unhelpful on the phone she hung up on us. TWICE! They wanted a credit card even though we made an appointment through booking. Hope the incompetent staff didnt charge us twice Curtains looked like a feral cat had its way with them (which could be seen from outside the hotel. Not good first impression when parking Breakfast was gross and undercooked. Desk couldnt find our reservation. Security doors didnt work. No receipt offered. Bad service all around. No coffee or water in common areas. Seems like a management problem in a location with so many options you think they would attempt to improve service. Wont hold my breath!

It is close to the mall. I thought the waitress was hilarious. My husband liked the funky chairs in the lobby

My bathroom (room 247) had a large black ring in the toilet. The mirrors were dirty with fingerprints and splatter. The room and the hotel seemed dated. The breakfast room was unattended, and the food was not appetizing. The coffee was good. I could not spend more than 5 minutes in the breakfast room because workers were painting in the room nextdoor. I would recommend that they begin painting at 10:30am once breakfast ends.

The front desk allowed me to check in early as I wanted to drop my luggage in my room before I went to a funeral service.

Water in the pool was too cold

Staff was amazing. The guy at the front desk went was really helpful and nice. Breakfast was delicious, a lot of choices and everything so fresh.

1. Each room is near an outside door, mine was in the back and near the loading dock. I felt very unsafe. 2. the outside doors did not require a key at night 3. the outside and parking lot are very ugly and in need of repair. 4. the workers on scaffolding around the pool (outside of my window) started drilling at 7:30am 5. there was no hot water on my last day 6. the toilet would not even flush a small piece of paper 7. the air conditioning blew directly on my face. I had to build a pillow wall up to allow sleep 8. there was one person on the desk at 4pm on a Saturday with 6-7 people checking in

The beds were super comfy. Lots of pillows and fluffy duvet it is so very convenient to the Albany Airport. There are tons of eateries and a mall is only a few block away

The fact they wouldn't take my AARP card. Super 8 didn't have a problem when I booked ahead to give me a discount with my card.

Breakfast was very good. Wish the pancake machine would've been working

The room has connecting doors to the rooms on both sides which made me feel unsafe. The soundproofing was terrible I couldn't sleep until 4 am because I could hear people in the next room. One of the bathroom towels was dirty. The pillows were polyesterix and horrible I had to sleep on the bare mattresses. I will not be staying there again.

I Needed to get to the airport early in the morning and there was a free shuttle which was very convenient.

Rooms were fine and seemed slightly more up to date than the hallways...but not a big deal for the money paid.

location, staff and especially the shuttle driver!! we had a wet phone that needed rice quickly and he was very accommodating and then took us to the spot we had picked for dinner. Was right on site when we were finished and ready to head back to the hotel. Morning breakfast was fine, could have used a few more healthy choices but all in all fine.

Staff was very friendly and we ate supper at the hotel and the food was very good. Breakfast had many choices and all were good and the staff member monitoring the breakfast was very friendly and helpful.

I was in rm 168 and second time i stayed rm 101 . I am a bath taker each time there was not a plug or the plug was broken . That was the only thing that was wrong

I loved the people extra nice the rooms were clean and very comfortable.

Very nice room, plenty of space. Very Clean. Good location near airport. Hot breakfast with a nice variety food to choose from. The breakfast area is large with plenty of tables. It had computer and printer to print your boarding passes. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Everything, dingy furniture. Linen. Grey and old and do not fit and cover mattress.Hall carpets in need of cleaning. Tub stained. Tissues stiff and cheap. Holes and stains on curtains.

The weekend staff

Its a stretch maybe the bathroom could have been a bit larger.

It was a complete breakfast buffet with eggs, English muffins, waffles, yogurt, cereal. Everything was wonderful,

we didn't check the closing time of the pool and when we came back at 9 to swim it was closed. I specifically chose that hotel for the pool and didn't even get to use it. The bathroom was also very small.

It was a beautiful hotel with a great hot breakfast.

The first floor room carpet was damp, walls were not sound proof. The filters and duct work for the air handling units were in need of changing and cleaning (pool area).

large pool area, breakfast was top notch for self serve than most hotels. pool was clean as well as the rooms and the rest of the public areas in the building.