Reviews of Wyndham Garden New Orleans East 3 stars

10100 Interstate 10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA 70127, USA

#144 of 159 hotels in New Orleans

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Awful experience and would not recommend to anyone.

Dirty linens, no replacement of towels, having to ask every day of the trip for towels because house keeping failed to supply towels, bed linens were not changed because there were stains on the pillowcase and sheets from the first day and they were still there each day in the same spots. Trash cans are too small, only 1 toilet paper roll which had already been dispensed, rude front desk staff and housekeeping, restaurant was not open the entire stay so there was no breakfast, parking lot is awful with potholes and having to walk so far when parking in the back lot.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

5.6
    It could have been way better but it wasn't the worst.

AC in first room was broken, second room had no cold water in the shower at all, had to request extra towels 3 different times, did not receive housekeeping when requested, breakfast was not provided although it is advertised. Rooms also had a musty odor that seemed to be from the carpets. Children are usually pretty easily satisfied but even my 8 year old had complaints.

Beds were comfortable, good location, most basic amenities were provided.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

I chose this location because of the name of the hotel and...

When I checked in the room the room was not made the pillows were on the dresser dirty washcloth was still in the bathtub and large oversize cock roaches were crawling on the wall I took pictures to show the manager but was not available during my stay

I chose this location because of the name of the hotel and the rate that I paid

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

This stay was the worst hotel experience I have ever experienced !

No amenities as advertised. No compensation for the false advertisement. Also, few towels and was told had to wait until cleaning staff comes and wash towels before receiving.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

What eggs.

I did not have cold water in shower...only scalting hot....could not take shower. air conditioner leaked thus rug very soggy....asked to be fixed every day Dirty cleaning rag left in room...first night no soap in room...no restaurant...are you closing hotel Folks at desk always smiling....I guess they really know what the rooms are like but can't do anything about it

What eggs..restaurant closed

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

The night attendant.
    • King Room - Disability Access

My husband and I didn't like the poorly lit parking lot located in back of your establishment. Nor did your facility offer breakfast, whether complimentary or at cost to the guest.

The night attendant. She was extremely pleasant.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

All in all the experience was great ,

Everything was great ,but it would have been perfect if I would have gotten the king bed I request. 1out of 10 I give the experience a 9.8 because of the bed .

The cleaniness, the greeting from staff the cleaniness of the room and bathroom. I will visit again.

It's OK

I didn't like the fact that they had ants in the room and in the bed. (Sugar ants).

Friendly service quiet peaceful and was in the middle of everything all surrounding stores.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Very nice customer service

Carpet was very dirty, they were having construction work going on early in the morning that woke me up and couldn't go back to sleep because it was very loud.

Very nice customer service

Highly Recommend
    • King Room - Disability Access

Very nice check in receptionist, room booked online wasn't available so she upgraded us to a suite, clean & comfy room, leak under bathroom sink & no towel bars but no big deal. NICE hotel/reasonable rates!!

Highly Recommended Not to Stay Here

The staff attempted to be friendly; however, there was a serious lack of professionalism. The hotel room was not in the best condition, nor was it as clean as it should've been. Only effort received credit.

There was nothing to like about this hotel. The staff smelled as if they smoked marijuana before coming to work, and the management seemed to overlook it. The hotel was also understaffed.

It was a small honeymoon trip since we just got married on 8/25/18

you only got coffee and oatmeal and toast.. from IHOP so I felt that is a leqad on because that isn't an breakfast at all. So be ready to money

hotel is huge the rooms are nice comfy and cozy, I love how each room has a name on the door. It brings out the feeling of being in new orleans

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Overall I enjoyed My stay I was able to make the best out of what I had.
    • King Room - Disability Access

No breakfast or coffee like was said when I book hotel,took towels away after cleaning didn't put any back,then when ask for more they didn't have wash cloths.

The staff was great,room cleanliness alright with space,area not to far from French Quarter,when We arrived We were welcome in with a band performing for a audience that was refreshing and nice.

Enjoyed my stay, however, they need to improve with the cleanliness of the hotel.
    • King Room - Disability Access

better household management as it relates to cleaning.

Staff was very nice. I had a concern Friday night, however, the overnight manager resolved the issue.

The first room that we got was dirty but we talk to I think...

The first room that we got was dirty but we talk to I think her name was Catherine and she was very nice and helpful and she move us to a cleaner room

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The carpets and rugs were very nasty looking.

The carpets and rugs were very nasty looking. Rooms and bathrooms were very small and the doors were very hard to shut and open, you’d have to slam it shut. One elevator was broken so the only other working one took forever and I ended up having to run down 6 flights of stairs. Overall this hotel, to me, needs a major cleanup and some renovations.

BAD BUSINESS!!!!!

Room was filty!!!! First got there a lizard was in the tub!!!! The shower would not drain correctly after the maintenance man came twice!!!! A big roach was in the shower alive!!!! When we got there Friday I killed a big roach and when we left the roach was still in the HALL!!!!! The staircase on floor2 was stuck you could not get out so I called down stairs to get helped but they could not help ,so I took the elevator down stairs and walked back up the stairs and fixed it myself!!!! BAD!!!!!!!

Overall stay was ok

The elevator was broke only one was working, the carpet was filthy in the elevator & hallway, room doors make a harsh slamming noise made it hard to sleep

Front desk staff was nice & friendly. Nice for the price

NOLA-4 Days visit

The elevator carpet was a little dirty and one of the elevator cars was broken the entire four days we spent there. Staff friendly but not very engaging. In the mornings, the hallways are always cluttered with dirty towels and garbage.

Great place to stay. Clean rooms and bedding, Friendly staff. Free parking. Near to places of interests. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool. Great neighborhood. Not crowded. Near shopping malls, highway, restaurants and hospital. Will definitely visit again. Refrigerator in the room. Beautiful lobby.

They only had one elevator running I had to use the stairs a...

They only had one elevator running I had to use the stairs a lot ; called front desk 6 times for some towels ; then no more tissue called front desk 5 times they told me they where coming then called back and asked could I come get the tissue myself NO that is the house keeping job , then left the room came back and let the man at the front desk know I never received my tissue he said he would get right on it and never came will not recommend this hotel to anybody

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

overall it was pleasant

requested for $100 deposit that was not mentioned on my confirmation,their was only one elevator working, my key card kept getting deactivated,

friendly staff, great out door pool, housing was amazing

It was not worth the rate we paid.

We arrived to a room where the bed was made but has no comforter. Our tv was unplugged which took a few minutes to figure out. We call to have the blanket and a iron bought up it took almost an hour. Also they forgot the blanket on the first trip. It took so long I went down to check the status only to be told they were bringing it up.

Staff was ok and we only stayed for a night.

The room was great and comfortable.

Only one elevator. Waited a long time each time we needed to use it, even choose to take the stairs instead of waiting any longer. No microwave 😕

The room was great and comfortable. The hotel is well decorated.

The bed was extremely comfortable, The clerks at the front...

The bed was extremely comfortable, The clerks at the front desk was very nice.... I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The bar also looked really nice, I just didn't get a chance to have a drink

Waste of A Trip

The manager O'Bryan was very rude only greeted the male customers, no customer service at when was told about the room had spiders he acted like it was ok I had to clean the spider web myself when I say the web was from the Tv all over the desk. After I started seeing all the webs I went and got Bleach and the feather duster from the Housekeeper and vacant all behind the Big Big Armoire with fruit loop cereals behind it, then dust all the lamps and then there go the spider took it to the front desk ask for management O'Bryan comes out know apology just say oh and took the Spider and thru it in the trash I repeatly said I wasn't going to stay in that room never offer another room. I stayed in the other room with the other guest where it was already full at very uncomfortable paid for a room that I couldn't stay in. At check out time the clerk was able to check me out. She went and got the manager on duty O'Bryan Prayer never came out the backroom kept sending the clerk out to tell me what he said she was trying say I owe a charge I advised her my rooms was Paid In Full a month in advanced show my bank stated and he still charge me triple for the same room that was already paid for. When chosen people to be on management you have to patient, courteous and professional he has none of the above. Will never use that Hotel again.

The front desk clerks was so nice the housekeeping staff was very nice and helpful and cared with me

Never Again

There was poop in out toilet that was not flushed upon check in, there was a pile of dirt infront our door upon check in, there was dirt all over our carpet upon check in, the mirrors were dirty, there was blood splattered on the walls inside our room by the door, they never brought me pillows, manager never came to speak to us at the front desk regarding all of the problems.

A night in New Orleans

One of the elevators did not work. So it took forever to get to and from your room, down to the main lobby. You are also charged a $50 holding fee at check in and they can't verify when your money will be released back onto your account. You have to wait until 4 PM to check in...as well as people checking out at the same time. Here in Georgia, check out is at 11am or noon. It gives the staff time to clean as well as preventing chaos at the front desk.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and not that far from the French Quarters.

The staff was friendly the rooms were clean

The cold water did not work in the shower they moved us to different room. The second night the hotel power went out and the elevators are very slow

The staff was friendly the rooms were clean

The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff was good

The check in time is 4pm and they will not let you check in until 4pm we traveled for 9 hours and could not check in early

The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff was good

I would not stay here again.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Would not allow early check in even though rooms were ready so there was tons of people sitting & waiting so when check in time came it was a madhouse & people were waiting for hours. I felt so bad for the girl at the front desk because she was by herself doing everything she could because the other employee left her with everybody to check in. Poor service all the way around other than the 2nd girl that got left to check people in.......she was the best!

The rooms were decorated nicely.

I had to wait an hour to check in, long line and not enough staff working. The carpet in the halls needs cleaning, there was no fan in the bathroom.

The rooms were decorated nicely.

Hotel staff friendly and helpful.

Restaurant hours and food was below expectations. Ordered fish po-boy expect French bread in New Orleans. Instead fish served on sub roll. Ordered shrimp po-boy,room service order received minus fries and same sub roll. Price adjusted only after I brought it to staff attention.

Live band

All the staff is very nice and friendly except for one. She showed signs as if she didn’t want to be there. On day 2 it was very hard to get towels. We couldn’t get the tv to work, but staff came and got it working.

Live band

We were barely ever in the room so it served its purpose.

The toilet in the bathroom was broken, the staff knocked on our door at 9 am asking if we were staying until checkout or were we checking out early. I thought that was rude.

It was in the area of where I need t be.

Elevator to five minutes or once waited 10 minutes.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Elevator was ridiculous once what 10 minutes We were on eight floor not walking those stair. Kids running around wild

Elevator to five minutes or once waited 10 minutes. Bed was uncomfortable and had to pay for breakfast so went out for breakfast. Room was to close elevator could feel it vibrating while trying to sleep.

This place was a last minute choice for the price alone but its a no for me moving forward.

My trash can had trash in it upon arriving. Towels weren't folded. The parking lot is congested. Elevator is ridiculously slow. They party in the lobby all day and night. Housekeeping is extremely unprofessional, I could hear them gossiping about personal and work related things loudly right outside my door and even while standing on the elevator with guest. The rest of the front desk workers were rude.

The beds were comfortable. The male manager at the front desk had a very positive attitude as well as the female manager.

Okay.

My boyfriend and I requested new sheets for our bed cause there was stains on the ones we had when wet arrived,we left for hours and when we got back they never did change them. We had so much trouble getting new sheets, it took 4 tries before we actually received sheets that fit our bed and were clean.

Everything was nice &clean for the most part. Just needed some small changes&renovations made to the hotel.

Miserable breakfast, dis-respective personnel
    • King Room - Disability Access

Try offering better menu for breakfast and get some attentive personal that wants to work instead of being on the phone. The server for breakfast was on the phone, very rude,non-attentive, disrespectful and it seemed she does like her job plus treat my friends and I like delinquents. The breakfast sucked because that reason. If you don't like the place where you work find another, smile, put good attitude. I plan not to book again in any of Wyndam Garden Hotels. I deserve respect, so does my friends

The front from night shift help us a lot. We are very thankful to him. The bed was great.

the room was better than the first hotel we booked.

the room was not clean everyday. we also had gnats in our room, and dirty towels in the hall from a room.

the room was better than the first hotel we booked.

The best part of my trip,

No complaint about the Establishment at all.

We arrived disheveled . . . Late to our Event. (Complications driving). Missed our paid reservation; Management offered a family discount, and gave us a room to rest and recoupe from the drive from the Bay Area. Most appreciative of the Excellent Customer Service . . . Karen Brewington and Family.

Overall, the staff was courteous & friendly.

Room did not have blackout curtains. The elevator was slow. Breakfast was not included, yet the on-site restaurant was not open on the days I stayed.

Easy access to the interstate. Plenty of free parking. Obvious renovations completed or in progress. Overall, the staff was courteous and friendly.

Horrible stay!!!

They checked us and another couple into the same room; the toilet didn't work and the tub was clogged; found a drug needle on the floor in front of room; building was filthy; staff was unprofessional and know one was around when we checked out...would not recommend this hotel!!!

Free parking

Being charged twice.

Being charged twice. Once at booking then again at checkout. Then having to make a thousands calls and fillout paperwork never received. Still don't have my money back.

Don’t come here if you are wanting to relax.

The staff was very rude, hardly anything In the room worked. The rooms were very nasty. The cold water did not work in the shower, only extremely hot water. It was even hard to get towels.

UNHAPPY

First of all, the staff supposed took 50 deposit off my credit card. But in instead they took an additional $127. That was a inconvenience to me because me and my husband Patrick ward came there to go on a cruise. Also the same problem happened to other guest.

The bed was very comfortable.

NOLA hotel

No continental breakfast, it was 6 dollars per person and very limited this was a minus.Location was great, away from hustle and bustle. Quiet, lots of parking. Staff was great. No refridegerater or microwave in room was a minus. One would expect continental breakfast, microwave and mini refrigerator at a hotel like this.

Location, quiet, pool, bar,staffparking

I expected more out of a Wyndham Garden hotel. Will not be back there.

The location , the LOUD guest that the hotel didn’t have be quiet at 2:30 in the morning, no breakfast, ice machines were all broke, the beds are TERRIBLE!!

The way room service would clean the room and leave plenty of fresh towels

I love this hotel

nothing yet

Each time i have a event in new Orleans for my family this is our place, I've had sleepovers, funeral travelers or just family members coming to visit this is our place

Horrible stay, check all beds, water, towels before getting comfortable.

There was blood on the bed when we got there, the sheets were dirty, the towels were previously used. We requested to be moved to another room. When we moved to another room, the next day there was no hot water in that room. So we had to be moved again and at first they would not accommodate us for the inconvenience, until we spoke to the regional manager. I would make sure you check the beds, the water temperature, the towels.

We had to move three times the rooms were dirty there were...

We had to move three times the rooms were dirty there were no pillows it was horrible

This was a decent stay as we just used the place to sleep and shower.

Bed was HARD as hell. Toilet was loose on the floor (rocked). Hot water was scolding in the shower with no cold coming out of the faucet at all. NO PILLOW Cases on Pillows.

Staff not professional at all. Carpets everywhere extremely dirty and stained. There was no top sheet on our bed...really? I thought sheets came in a set, but ok. There was NO hot water to shower with and when we called front desk they told us they put in a “service request “ but no one ever showed up. Bottom line, STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I only stayed here one night, but the other reviews left...

I only stayed here one night, but the other reviews left indicate people staying more than one night for various reasons. I would say my stay was great, no complaints, everything was clean. However, my key card for my original room did not work 3 times, and they moved to another room that worked on the first try. This experience was quite "shady" as the front desk person expressed concern that the second hotel room was not completely vacant. Overall, that was a strange experience, never had one of those before. But, my stay was fantastic the time I was there.

Not a good 1st stay at all...I used to work front desk and house keeping for Marriot..

I checked in room on the 7th floor which was dirty when I got there after 5pm. had to get another room. Ice machine on 3rd floor ran out had to be told to go back to 7th floor for ice. The vending area was extremely hot on the 7th floor.when I got to room 427 there was a dirty,wet. face towel left on the shower rack. NO towels..I had to contact front desk for towels to be told they were being washed and my room number would be put on a list for someone to bring towels.2hrs later no towels.by this time there was a shift change so I had to go back to the front desk to get towels..

I like the lobby appearance. Hope checked us in was friendly..

Horrible

Terrible property. Rooms were subpar! No towels or coffee. Phone did not work. Sink in bathroom would not drain or be used. Employee worked on drain in our room til midnight and still could not get unclogged! ALL NIGHT long a constant loud vibrating noise like a jackhammer- No sleep! Others in lobby complaining too! This Wyndham needs to be shut down! Waiting to see what they are going to do in trying to charge me for this room! Ridiculous!!!!

never again will stay in this hotel

not ready room at 4 pm upon arrival, unchanged bedding, towels, nothing cleaned on next day, never vacuumed the carpet, pouring water from the fridge, wet carpet around, not working safe box, dirty swimming pool with floating plastic and cans, very slow working staff, my gluten-free food has been thrown away

staff reactions to the problem

5.6
    The bathrooms

Parking , need better choices of food, parking and more parking. The party ppl over taken the parking when the ppl who are paying to stay on ur property don't have a place to park

The bathrooms

The staff was horrible and the rooms were nasty.

The staff was horrible and the rooms were nasty. Food was left in the refrigerator, which cause the room to smell awful. There was an eyelash between the sheets and none of my guest nor I wear false lashes.

This stay was horrible. I expected that I would be comfortable and I was not. It was not worth it.

There were no extra perks like a continental breakfast. The Wi-Fi never worked. The pool was disgusting. The room had no microwave and the only one available for use was on the first floor yet my room was on the seventh. The room to get ice was not accessible. The room looked like it was unfinished. The Bath towels provided were actually floor mats. My room was "cleaned" and all my towels were taken but not replaced no toilet paper was put in the room.It was very inconvenient. I was upset because I had two co workers to get rooms there based off of my recommendation. Every time I opened the room door it sounded like I was slamming it because the wall extension for the useless closet made the doorway to enterway to slim. I will not stay here again.

The front desk staff was friendly yet didn't have a professional knowledge. It took over 25 minutes to get checked in.

The room served its purpose outside of being able to shower but I would never book here again.

Water was either scalding hot or ice cold so no showers. No microwave. Floor had stains and hard white residue stuck in the carpet. Could hear every time the elevator ran through the walls/door.

Beds were comfortable and room colors were calm

It was a beautiful hotel, just wish they would've been responsive to our towel needs.

We were only given 1 room key and 2 towels. Was promised several towels the entire stay by the staff and never received any. Me and the 3 other people in the room had to recycle and share towels the entire weekend.

Very nice, comfortable and clean room, loved how we were welcomed with a live band in the lobby upon arrival.

Great city awfull hotel service

Service is awful special the evening, the front desk was rude, we couldn't get anything that we requested, our room wasn't made during all stay and that was 3 days, we asked for blanket nothing , we asked for service nothing, we asked coffe cups nothing ...

The concert night and the bar

front desk was nice.

The cleaning staff were not that great and not very friendly, we were there for 4 days and our sheets were changed once and we were given towels once.

front desk was nice.

It was not what I expected...
    • King Room - Disability Access

Hot water when I had my shower that night & morning. When I called down to the front desk clerk. I was given a key card for Rm-502. But they had me log in on phone call as Rm-504. When I called down...

I had egg white, 1-slice of toast and fried bacon. The bacon was hard and burned broken in pieces. I normal would stay at the downtown Hyatt Resort or Hilton on Covenantion Blvd. But they were all fill. Plus there breakfast is free. It comes with tour room at their hotel's I was shock when told that I had to pay for breakfast.

Hated it!

Everything. No hot water in the shower, rude staff, what appeared to be fecal matter on the inside of the toilet upon arrival. No information give by staff. Front desk said it would take too long to make a second key upon check in.

The only thing I liked about this place was leaving it!!

GREAT STAY!

I enjoyed the property, the staff, and the location. I have NEVER experienced such GREAT customer service. From my initial call to check out, I have been greeted with kindness and true southern hospitality. The manager named Joanne is an asset to the company. The supervisor Mr. Prater is definitely made for the position and is eager to contribute to the growth and progress of the establishment. The front desk staff made me feel at home and house keeping was extremely helpful. I recommend you stay here when visiting New Orleans and the surrounding areas.

The guy from the front desk

Rooms are dirty, I stay five days and I took my own trash to the garbage. They don’t clean my room. The smoke detector was activated and front desk call me for asked me if I am smoking instead of asked me if I’m OK. The water in the shower was really hot. No cold water. Dirty hallways and elevator. Some one was smoking weed all weekend. First and last.

The guy from the front desk

Not a bad experience and staff were nice.

Food (few breakfast items) and drinks like bottled water was overpriced. No laundry machines. Cockroaches in room and found in items like wallet.

Overall comfy beds and nice size room with a microwave

Stayed for Wrestlemania weekend. Room was comfortable, staff seem uninterested.

Staff didn’t clean our room. They left a note indicating it wouldn’t be cleaned, however they left towels. Coffee wasn’t very good.

Room was comfortable.

We learned where not to stay.

Rooms small. Unclean. Staff did not care about doing a good job at all. Desk staff and cleaning staff were friendly but did not care. Restaurant staff where continental or full breakfast is served didn’t com to work in time to set breakfast out. Only coffee was available. Avoid this place at all costs.

Very little

It was ok.

Bathroom was too small. The room door opening was a bit small as well. There was a birthday celebration in the bar area that ran past 10pm and the music was really loud in my room.

The beds were so comfortable. Rooms were clean.

Made it work for one night. Will not stay again

Hall way dirty looked like blood on carpet. Red stain down the hall way. Key didn't work went back to front desk fixed key. Went back to room 3rd time and someone belongs were in the room. After the 4th time got in a room.

Room size was nice

The room was missing the remote controller and when I called...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The room was missing the remote controller and when I called down stair the receptionist informed me that she would bring one, which I never received. Also the bathroom could use some better cleaning because the floors were horrible. When I looked under the bed there was so much trash pushed under there from previous guest so I know housekeeping is not cleaning like they should and also I saw that there were dead roached in the bathroom sink when I got into my room

The morning staff was very nice
    • King Room - Disability Access

My room did not come with a remote for the TV and when I called down stairs they informed me that they would send one which I never got and when I looked under my bed it was so much trash that it looked like it hadn't been clean underneath in months. The bathroom bath room floor need bleach and I also saw dead roaches in the bathroom sink upon arrival

The morning staff was very nice

I only liked that the room was non smoking.

1.The simple fact that 2 kids cost way more with the booking system. 2.There was nowhere to park,even in the back of the building. 3.The beds were super uncomfortable! 4.It was absolutely appalling that the breakfast was NOT COMPLIMENTARY! That in fact it was $11.99 per person! It would have been $42+ just for my family to eat breakfast. * Overall, our 1 night stay was a 2 out of 10.

I only liked that the room was non smoking.