Reviews of Best Western Danbury/Bethel 3 stars

11 Stony Hill Road, Bethel, CT 06801, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Bethel

Would stay again but first choice would be another hotel with more comfort and big TV.

Need to rearrange the seating in the breakfast area. Too small of an area and to big the furniture. Needs only small 2 seat tables in order to accommodate more people. The large long bench tables have to go. Hallway needed vacuuming going to the rooms. Need bigger high definition TV in room. TV way to small. Don't usually experience that in most places I've stayed.

Bed comfy but not extra comfy.

What i didn't like that the breakfast was shut down at...
    • King Room with Kitchenette

What i didn't like that the breakfast was shut down at 9:15am and on the web site says free breakfast from 6am to 11am and even when i came to check in. That was very rude and i will not be coming back to this best western. false advertising. 👎👎👎👎👎👎

Had a good stay but, a few issues.
    • King Room with Kitchenette

They forgot to clean our room 1 day out of 4 days. When we complained they offered clean towels and linen. Also told us housekeeping had left for the day. We ran out of toilet paper. They should have replaced the first roll when it was empty. The light over kitchenette was not working when we checked in. We complained and they told us someone would come fix it but that never happened. Breakfast was very limited and to get coffee you had to go all the way to the lobby then to bring it back to the dining room. They were putting down new floor tiles so we had to go out the side door then back into the lobby. It would have been so much easier to just put coffee machine in dinning room.

Housekeeping did do a good job cleaning room overall. Room was comfortable.

The hotel and stay wasn’t terrible, I didn’t mind the stay. Rooms just need an update.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel looked like it was under renovation. My room did need an update. I would like to have seen USB ports for charging devices to charge my phone. The air conditioning could have been colder, and the in room fan was loud.

The bed was comfortable. I like there was a coffee maker.

Overall my stay was ok.
    • King Room with Kitchenette

Front desk clerk Patrick was'nt friendly and very slow with checking guest in.😣

How friendly and professional Yolonda, & Stephany was with handling the customers and checking in the guest.😊

Never again...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We used our our key & it was already occupied. It took almost 1/2 an hour to get an unoccupied room. The eggs were ice cold, No sausages, our uncooked pancakes remained in a non-functioning machine. Talk about a free breakfast, it was worth every penny😬 It took almost 1/2 hour to check out of an already paid for room (less time than check-in). All-in-all a 2* (only for cleanliness) We received no apologies or compensation. Wonder what they did for the poor lady we walked in on???

Our room was very clean & quiet.

Changing 3 rooms in 3 days is a little ridiculous!

Changing 3 rooms in 3 days is a little ridiculous! Both rooms had no heat, my room was an assortment of problems (Heat, Electrical issues, no lights) and having to move every time became a little aggravating!

Find another hotel. Take this off Booking.com

Where to begin???? 1. On arrival my booking could not be found. I was offered a booking at the same rate and ended up paying more. I showed at least 4 different booking confirmations received but to no avail. 2. The heater in the room sounded like a 20 ton truck going through the room. Very very noisy and that at -10 temperatures 3. Breakfast. Are you kidding me?? Worst ever. When last did you eat breakfast off paper plates with plastic cutlery?? Quality worse than most canteens at railway stations. Really no words to describe this disappointment. Is the Best Western badge not a sign of some sort of standard? I will truly think twice before booking at any Best Western in future.

Facility in poor repair.

We have stayed at this location in the past and were pleased. However, this time we had the following problems: Television did not work, toilet needed to be fixed. shower handle loose, and hilly drive not plowed.

Female running the front desk and breakfast was amazing, I...

No fridge in first room, as promised. No heat in second room-got a space heater. We have had good luck in the past with this hotel, but after this stay, we won’t be returning.

Female running the front desk and breakfast was amazing, I wish I knew her name.

I don't think guests were next to us.

We prefer a softer bed than what we had but still got a good night's sleep. It had snowed overnight. The parking lot was not plowed so was a bit icy.

I don't think guests were next to us. It was very quiet and peaceful.

Fine if you don't plan on spending much time in the room

Heat did not work in the room. One night there was someone very loud in the hall/room next door until after 1am. I believe they were also the same party that stole the do not disturb sign off my door. Continental breakfast could have been better.

Location of the hotel was good.

Rooms were clean & furnishings were updated. Staff were very accommodating & friendly.

Building is showing signs of aging- first assigned room had air system in disrepair. Requested new room - no problem. Next room had water leak from ceiling in bathroom. Fortunately water was dripping into tub.

Location!

A success and great value for our cost.

Breakfast was a little generic...

John at the front desk was an absolute professional and provided the best service we have had in a while. The breakfast nook is tight and busy during morning breakfast rush hour, get there early! Rooms have been recently remodeled and ours was one of the cleanest hotel rooms we've stayed at in some time. Close to a family diner up the street and easy access on off road. Enjoyed our overnight there...

Nice hotel and pleasant stay, need better AC system & kitchen equipment, needs brochures.

We did not have a good air conditioner , and a person having breakfast next to us , said that his air conditioner did not work either. A couple of things like the coffee machine did not work nor the pancake machine. there were no magazine or brochure of any kind, which is extremely rare in a hotel. That is a NO NO. Need to promote the activities in the area, and all the activities around.

the hotel was very clean, and the front desk man was very nice and helpful

Best value for the west side of Danbury.

The in-room fridges don't get very cold and don't have too much space inside. I advise not keeping food prone to spoilage in them (although a pint of ice cream softens just-right).

Quiet, just off the highway location. Great proximity to Target, good restaurants (try the Peruvian and Lebanese spots within a block's walking distance) and a shopping center across the on/off ramps. Very comfortable beds (as opposed to the Day's Inn on the same block). I adore the refreshing lemon-lime scented toiletries. Lovely variety at breakfast.

Unsatisfied
    • Queen Room with Bathtub - Disability Access

The air conditioners weren't working had to change my room 4 times finally got an air conditioner that blew out cold air and the next day when house keeping made up the bed they turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on leaving us hot and sweaty. after the 3rd room change on the second day of being there we requested a refund after only being there one day so we can get a new hotel and we would pay for the one night that we stayed and they wouldn't give us a refund for the nights we didn't stay so we had to stay there in the heat.

The biscuits were delicious

Poor stay

My reservation was for a king bed, I was given a room with 2 queen beds and was told that they overbooked, but they never bothered to advise me of this until after I went to the room and saw it was incorrect and they tried to act like I made the wrong room reservation. The front desk staff were very unfriendly and not apologetic as it was their error not mine with the reservation. The breakfast area was way too small for more than 1 person to get coffee at a time. The ice machine was broken on the second floor and the housekeeping staff didn't speak English and could not understand my question as to where I could get ice. The air conditioner barely worked and it was 90 degrees out during my stay. I would give them a rating of 1, but for some reason it appears as a 3.8 this is the computer generated rating and not mine!

A/C didn't run right.

A/C didn't run right. It would run for 5 minutes very loud then turn off for 5 minutes. On/off every 5 minutes all night. Other than that it was a great stay.

size of room, beds were comfortable and staff was available.

Facility need painted, windows need to be cleaned just the over all appearance needs updated.

size of room, beds were comfortable and staff was available.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

ACCEPTABLE AND GOOD VALUE

SEE ABOVE

THIS IS A VERY ACCEPTEBLE BEST WESTERN. THE FACILITIES WERE VERY ACCPTABEAND THE STAFF WAS CORDIAL. IF THERE WAS ANY THING NEGATIVE THEY WERE VERY SLOW IN REGISTERING US.AND WE HAVE A NEST WESTERN CARD...iN ADDITION THE ADDRESS IS VERY MISLEADING. AFTER COMING OFF THE I 83, YOU ARE DIREECTED TO A STREET WHICH ONLY BEGINS AT THE MOTEL; THE PREVIOUS SECTION OF THE ROAD HAS ANOTHER NAME. bE AWARE!

I stay here due to the location and family friendly area.

Cost and the careless attitude of the check I. Lady this time. Almost like " oh it's them again"!

I stay here due to the location and family friendly area. I just think that the cost is a little high. Mainly because I'm here almost every weekend.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Best place weve ever ever stayed in every area.

All the staff, top notch! Great choices for breakfast. Cleaning staff exceptional, coffee all the time.beds super comfy. Very quiet and cozy,close to groc store, target, diners, malls, liquor, dollar tree, laundry, many eating places all types of food. We will always stay here no reason not to. I rate a 10+....

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Not really happy😒

See below about issues.

Water in shower was warm, not hot. Toilet seat was broken. We had a late afternoon flight out but were kicked out at 11am. Housekeeping knocked on our door 8-9 each morning & we ended up with 2 days of no cleaning service, when we asked they come back later; they did not. HARD pillows. Breakfast was a bust. Even the coffee was bad. Nope we'll not be back.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

modern, clean and quiet

Hotel property is located on a busy , i.e. around rush hour; yet hotel was quiet.

Fantastic pillows (x4 each bed); comfortable beds; the 2 queen bed room had a sink and vanity outside the bathroom that was extra handy, granite counter tops, complete breakfast with burritis,sausage, yogurt, etc.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Great staff.
    • King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Poor hot water flow during showers

Great staff.

Reasonable stay.

The breakfast lacked variety.

Cheap.

Older female staff was great.

Male counter staff,seemed confused and was slow checking us in to the hotel.

Older female staff was great.

excellent

Service, safe, quiet.

Don’t eat eggs, room was nice and roomy. Clean

always like the place

the back door is never lock!!!!!! don't feel safe

always like the room when clean and smells clean

They must have been training a new person because the guy...

They must have been training a new person because the guy was helping the lady and it took forever for the two of them to check me in at 3 am

We were visiting family in multiple locatons.

It was all good!

We were visiting family in multiple locatons. It was a great location for us and the room and staff were Wonderful!

Very clean.

No microwave.

Very clean.

Toilet paper was in the toilet upon arrival;

Toilet paper was in the toilet upon arrival; mini refrigerator had not been framed out in the sink area

Adequate place really nice staff
    • King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Property needs updating bathrooms old, paint dingy ,

staff was very nice and the beds were comfortable place was clean

There was no heat in the room and shower was impossible to...

There was no heat in the room and shower was impossible to operate. Hotel was fully booked so we couldn’t change rooms.

Pleasant stay

Fair cost benefit

Breakfast was only OK, needs a face-lift

Good location, clean, roomy

The room is always clean.

......

The room is always clean. Staff , depends on who’s working. Spanish cleaning people speak no English.

How clean it was

The heat didn't work so we were freezing all night. And we paid for a king room and got two beds.

How clean it was

Great hospitality, kind staff and clean room.
    • King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Great hospitality, kind staff and clean room.

My stay was cordial

The breakfast was very simple and bland And the gym had pretty much all broke equipment and weak equipment also.

The room was comfortable

Very nice facility

Vending on each floor would be a plus

Very nice facility

The beds.

Good hotel. The "hot" breakfast was actually really cold.

The beds. Family friendly

Very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast.

Air conditioning in room did not work well.

Very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast.

Harry Patel is doing great things with the property.

The weekend kitchen attendant

Owner, desk clerks

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette

Air conditioner was not working well and coffee was horrible

it was not very good!
    • King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

no a/c for both nights. moved to 2nd room no a/c . forgot my diabetes meter was told they could not find it.

staff and food was great.

Was ok

No amenities

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Staff

False advertising. they lied on the description about access to a spa leading to our plans being negatively affected

Staff

satisfactory

wait at check-in

Bed was nice! room was clean

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

room and bed pretty good.

Powdered eggs gross , instant coffee gross, room and bed pretty good.

room and bed pretty good.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The breakfast food was very excellent.

The breakfast food was very excellent..very nice place.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Good budget accomodation

Staff friendliness and helpfulness varied dramatically among staff.

Clean, tidy and a good location for our purposes. Good variety for breakfast.

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.