Reviews of Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2253 Berlin Turnpike, Berlin, CT 06037, United States of America

#1 of 2 hotels in Berlin

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Iffy

The clerk gave our room to another patron with the same FIRST name. My son and I arrived and we didn’t have a room. They did give us another room for the same price but it only had one king size bed for me and my 6 foot, adult son. Not ideal. The air-conditioner could’ve worked better. The continental breakfast is marginal. Thankful they did have a room for us.

The clerk at the front desk made things right.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

The a/c unit was very quiet and didn't wake me up as...

You could here the guest above you walking around their room making it hard to get to sleep. The TV was small for a king size room and a lot of channels that would be considered regular cable were not available, like Law & Order!

The a/c unit was very quiet and didn't wake me up as it cycled on and off. The room was a nice size and clean. Service at the desk was very nice.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

great for a short stay by hartford!

The staff were very accommodating to our requests. The bathroom and room itself were very clean. Breakfast had more choices than I expected. About a 20 minute drive to central Hartford.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Isolated Road Stop

Located in the middle of no where is this pull off the road stop...when i say that i mean isolated nothing nearly but next to about three other choices of accomodation. There is plenty of parking & the check in was fine. The motel is a bit tired ....but so will most people be after driving here from anywhere so kind of equalises... I used the pool which was fine the gym was just a treadmill & a few bits & bods but no free weight rack. The room was quite big & had a fridge, coffee maker, desk wardrobe tv & the room was nice & quiet so slept well in fact so well we missed breakfast which finished at 9am. A bill was pushed under the door at some stage so check out just pass in the key & off again.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Nice little stop over in Berlin, CT

For the price I paid the property was fine. The breakfast dining area was on the small side. It will get filled up quickly.

The hotel has a heated pool. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The breakfast started early, even on a Sunday.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

we will return if we are staying overnight in this area.

It was a great value. The entrance is attractive and the clerk at the reception desk was very pleasant. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. The breakfast was quite adequate and satisfying.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Comfortable Stay

The bathrooms are a little small. They should invest in better coffee.

The pool was warm and the breakfast very good. The room was clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

I would definitely stay here again if I needed to stay inexpensively. A well run hotel.

In kind of a strange place. It felt very deserted at night, and it was not as close to Middletown as we would have liked. Still, that was probably why it was affordable, so it was a tradeoff.

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel near Wesleyan University. The price was great, the hotel was clean, and the beds were comfortable. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Very clean, beautiful carpet and small lobby section,bed was...
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Not enough tv channels, Jacuzzi was too small for two people,no access to drinking water unless going outside of the room to the kitchen.

Very clean, beautiful carpet and small lobby section,bed was so soft, blankets were nice and warm.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

It was a regrettable decision to book with them.

The fact that both booking.com and the hotel were so comfortable taking money for service they didn't render.

We were charged for three nights when we specifically told the concierge we were staying for 2 nights. And they conveniently don't have it on their record. Very unprofessional.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Good value for the price

Definitely need a car & Gps to get anywhere. Roads are kind of strange. Hwy exits on left side & right side. Signs not always easy to see and not everywhere lighted enough at night. Mostly residential roads instead of hwys. Hotel could have been closer to airport or rent a car co's that I chose or to a shopping mall or main drag. But everything near airport twice as much. Would have liked outdoor pool as it was hot on our stay. There was no room safe. Toilets could be updated. Clogged up with too much paper on first day, but maid fixed right away. Toilet area inside bowl on top that is out of sight very dirty. Maid couldn't even get it off it was not cleaned for so long.. I feel that all of this didn't effect the big picture which was a good experience. I would still choose this hotel again.

Bed and pillows very comfortable. Enough space. Very comfortable and convenient. Small hotel, everything is close by - parking, room and lobby. A/c works well. Breakfast eggs better than in the past. Full breakfast not just continental. Good coffee in dining room, free apple juice, orange juice, and coffee all day. Sometimes free apples or cookies. Staff very accomodating. Card keys worked great. Bathroom downstairs near pool had shower. Indoor pool. It seems like they are upgrading furniture. Received a new chair and foot rest on last day. Property was attractive and well maintained with pretty flowering plants that smelled sweet and decorated with colorful wood chips. Not run down. Refrigerator useful for leftovers, or drinks or yogurt from dining room. Hotel picked for price, quality and proximity to relatives wedding site in Terryville. Ct. appears to be a pretty and clean state. Overall very satisfied. My sister stayed at another nearby hotel that was more money and she was surprised that I got something similiar to hers but a lot less. The only difference was the location- she was near the main strip of stores, restaurants, and drugs stores all in one place.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Daniel McFarlane at the front desk is extremely helpful and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Daniel McFarlane at the front desk is extremely helpful and patient with our requests. He has made great suggestions to us when I hope to change my room type as I'm traveling with my two boys, which make our stay more comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

The breakfast was awesome

Everything was good

The breakfast eas was awesome my husband and I love everything our room was very comfortable and immaculate well-kept the inside and the outside very well-maintained and the staff was wonderful

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

A quick and pleasant stay.

At a time when energy and its costs need to be paid attention to, the AC gave me a little problem. I finally figured out that it defaulted to an energy saver mode, shutting down completely at some point. Once I got the settings where I wanted them the AC worked fine.

Our stay was related to a college graduation, so we were really just in-and-out. The location was close enough to our destination and the rate was reasonable. We had a quiet night, a quick breakfast (which was included!)'and then off to our event. The staff was helpful even though we didn't have to call on them for much.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Breakfast area is not big enough to accommodate it's...

Breakfast area is not big enough to accommodate it's guests. Nor was there enough food prepared for the number of guests. Dining area staff was overwhelmed. The adjacent room was cluttered and unusable, front lounge area was full, so we ate in our room and had to go back and forth. Television was analog and picture was unclear.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2017

nice stay overall.

broke ironing board and broke iron which was replaced but got run around from house keeping. asked them and they told me to go to front desk, front desk told me to see house keeping. slow at replinishing food for breakfast. orange juice tasted nasty.

clean rooms and hallways, quiet. check in people very nice and pleasant.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2017

Everything was just what I needed

I would have slept alot better if the people next door had been more respective of the noise they made all night long!

Everything was just what I needed

• Reviewed: April 16, 2017

The pool was a good size.

Cable was slow to respond switching tv channels. But definitely not a deal breaker for us.

The pool was a good size. We travel a lot for leisure with our daughter, so a pool is a must. This was ideal. The staff here are so pleasant. Room was spotless. Breakfast was ok, but again breakfast staff were so pleasant.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Its a good escape
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Loved that had an indoor pool, great to relax, breakfast area a little tight but fair. Service was great at the front desk and they had cookies for the people when come in the hotel.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Great place, reasonably priced.

We had a non smoking room that smelled like cigarette smoke when we arrived. We sprayed air freshener and it was fine.

The staff were very nice. Check in was easy, rooms were clean. A variety of breakfast items were offered, we enjoyed what we ate. The coffee was very good! Family friendly environment. We will definitely stay here again when in town!

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

Great place to stay, wouldnt change much, just a few things
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Did not like how our room was suppose to be a non smoke room and it stunk like cigarettes nor that staff couldn't do much about it so with my personal cleaning belongings i cleaned till the smell left. Also did not like that the bed had stains as if they were not changed and i had to personally ask for new bedding and put in ot my self.

Very peacefull stay, having an indoor pool was awesome although it could have used a tiny bit of cleaning, but breakfast was delicious and staff was nice but the breakfast lady was like the most sweetest lady soooo extra nice! We really enjoyed our stay, my husband and i, and the hot tub in our room was AMAAAZE!

• Reviewed: January 15, 2017

Well appointed room, all necessary amenities

Lack of available outlets in the room (minor issue), Location not the best in respect to access from interstates.

Well appointed room, all necessary amenities

• Reviewed: November 6, 2016

Clean, Safe, Comftorable & Quiet
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Pillows. Too small for me. However def clean. I would prefer a king size pillow with king size bed.

Clean, safe, carpets walkable and clean, bathroom clean.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Very nice for the price

Bed was uncomfortable and need bigger softer pillows

Very nice breakfast of waffles ,eggs, sausage,bacon etc wonderful staff on desk and keeping breakfast stocked and beautiful pools

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Awful stay
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

The refrigerator didnt not work and after xomplaining nothing was done. My babies milk spoiled and food as well. Someone took our towels and never replaced them and the wifi never worked.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2016

the staff had no idea , could not find reservation .

the staff had no idea , could not find reservation . the room was over 100* f ,the AC was shut down ! it took hours to cool the room off , the refrigerator had mold in it . the parking lot was poorly lit .the breakfast was joke, arrived at breakfast about 9:10 am , there was virtually nothing left , i saw people sitting at the table eating , with extra plates loaded with food ,to take back to the room ,some were stack 3 high ,it was unbelievable ,it was like they were never going to get food again . not what i expected from best western , if i had paid $50.00 then i would have got what i paid for. this is not how to run a hospitality business

• Reviewed: July 21, 2016

Stay could've been better

Front desk staff is not exactly friendly, helpful or accommodating. Our room located on the second floor is not sound-proof so we didn't get good sleep on the first night when we were "surrounded" by noisy young athletes. Wi-fi signal was poor. The hotel also charged us more than the price we booked for through booking.com. They couldn't even be bothered to check out or resolve the issue (no,no, not our mistake, nothing we can do here...just go and call booking.com etc). I've stayed in many Best Western Hotels but for this one, the front desk staff can use a bit more training on proper customer service.

Hotel is nice, clean & newly renovated. Beds were comfy. Breakfast was great and with a lot of choices.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2016

Great Hotel, clean, comfy beds! Will stay there again!
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

The loud kids running and jumping off the beds upstairs from us, for about 2 hours, on our last night. We had to be up at 2:45 am. I called the front desk and the noise stopped eventually.

The bed was comfy, breakfast was pretty good. Room was very clean. Loved having a refrig and microwave.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Had the best time of my life.
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great pool was great and the bed was very comfy. I love Best Western.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Bad
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

It’s in bed not a clean room

Bed was big

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Concern

Need to be more fancy

Very peaceful and beautiful

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

I didn't like it at all the beds were nice tho

The staff was rude. They charged me more then what they were suppose to and they charged my card twice and no one can tell me why.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

The bed was extremely comfy

The pool tasted like sweaty old people

The bed was extremely comfy

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Visit
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

The breakfast was good and my kids enjoyed the indoor pool.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Number one in the area. Four people family stayed comfortably.

None.

Clean and accessible. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Great experience would stay more often if I was rich

Wish the pool was heated it was ice cold

The breakfast yum

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Your breakfast

Your breakfast

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Absolutely loved it

Absolutely loved it

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

great time will probably go back

there is nothing I can think of that I did not like

the breakfast was good. My family enjoyed it.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

Food was ok

Need better coffee

Food was ok

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Not modern enough

Comfortable

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

It was acceptable,but I think for the money I paid,It should be better.

Breakfast could be way better..

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Questionaire is getting to much.

Fine hotel.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

about mid-night I tried to get change for a $20.
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

about mid-night I tried to get change for a $20. bill and he couldn't do it. The eggs tasted fake.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

The breakfast.

The breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Overall....very good.

however it was an inside pool and water was 50 degrees.

pool and workout room

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

Very pleasant

People hung out in their cars in the parking lot late st night

Great staff. Accommodated some special requests Very clean

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

It was excellent

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Nice place to stay

eggs at breakfast were just OK

clean friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Good value

great

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

The staff was very friendly and the accommodations were very...

The walls were a little thin and allowed noise to travel easily

The staff was very friendly and the accommodations were very comfortable

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Liked the pool area, and breakfast was good.

Liked the pool area, and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

The room and the bed the jacuzzi

The room and the bed the jacuzzi

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Staff was very kind😊😊😊

No room service😢😢😢

Staff was very kind😊😊😊

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

The hotel didn't meet our expectations.

The hotel didn't meet our expectations.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

Will stay here again

Can't think of anything.

Clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2017

The breakfast staff was so helpful and kind.

The pillows were not comfortable at all.

The breakfast staff was so helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Reasonably priced, in great shape, friendly staff and excellent breskfast.

A very full breakfast ..better than the "usual".

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

The bedroom is clean

Hallway smells like cigarette.

The bedroom is clean

• Reviewed: April 28, 2017

Breakfast and the pool

Breakfast and the pool

• Reviewed: March 28, 2017

The pillows and bed were comfortable

The bathroom had ants coming out of the wall super disgusting. And the pool was super small

The pillows and bed were comfortable

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

The hash browns were amazing very comfy and clean

The hash browns were amazing very comfy and clean

• Reviewed: February 22, 2017

Great location!!

IT'S SNOWED THE STAFF CLEANED EVERYONE'S CAR TO GET OUT... Except mine.

The comfort of the room and location

• Reviewed: December 20, 2016

Wonderful stay at Berlin Best Western!

Breakfast ended too early. Should have been at 10 am every day.

Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Great stop for my family travel plans. Will go there again when in that region.

Better gym equipment

Gym

• Reviewed: October 12, 2016

Limited access from the highway.

Limited access from the highway. And while the bed was in good shape it was just entirely too hard.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2016

Service is lacking
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Asked them for a cork screw. They didn't have one. uh Asked for a wake up call. Didn't get one. I was late for my meeting. Not good.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2016

Clean and Pleasant staff

Complementary Breakfast and clean room

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

Breakfast was delicious and the cook really polite.

To much chlorine in the pool.

Breakfast was delicious and the cook really polite..

• Reviewed: March 17, 2016

Bed comfortable that's important to me.

TV not working. I did get a upgrade to a suite, the telephone in that room didn't work.

Bed comfortable that's important to me. Staff nice, friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2016

Bed was great!

Bathroom....EHHH...just all right. It would be nice to have a coffee available on arrival...or a beverage.

Bed was great!! Pillows-awesome! Breakfast was nice. It was quiet. Check in was easy. Check out was easy.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2015

Room was adequate.

Not happy that you could not honor my request for 2 dbl. beds. Yes you said there were 2 beds in our room but one was a folded out single sofa bed that was awful. Come on. Gal that was at the front desk seemed like she was not happy to be there. We have stayed at many Best Westerns but this deserves a 2+ stars at best. I think management needs to pick it up a notch.

Room was adequate. Breakfast just ok. To Hotels in general please, stop spraying your rooms with perfume sprays. Happy with my request for a room away from the highway. Thank you.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2015

Staff

Price was higher than other hotels in the area not listed on Booking.com it was to late to cancel when I found this out. The address on the conformation was not the location of the hotel.

Staff

• Reviewed: November 2, 2015

Friendly staff and good location

Friendly staff and good location

• Reviewed: October 20, 2015

Location and staff well run operation

no issues with anything

Location and staff well run operation

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.