Reviews of Best Western Plus Boulder Inn 3 stars

770 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80303, USA

#10 of 18 hotels in Boulder

good time had by all!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Standing in water when taking shower... need to fix that with periodic drain chemical like “ Liquid Plummer”. Air conditioner was TOO noisy while I “tried” to sleep.. not obviously working bc it was VERY WARM/Humid in room!

Very convenient location to everything “Boulder”! .. especially CU-Boulder campus! Breakfast was abundant, outdoor pool/hot tub was great with the patio access to our room!

I loved the Manager and his special gift prepared for the...
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The views werent great but I was there to sleep and rest.

I loved the Manager and his special gift prepared for the Deadheads. I felt like I was home and safe. The breakfast was great everyday. The rooms were quiet. Pool and hot tub were so nice to have on the hot summer week. It was great for Uber and staff was helpful.

Clean and loved the sliding door entrance to the room
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

I realize that construction has to be done at some time but not during one of the busiest weeks of the summer and to take up a large amount of customers parking.

Clean and loved the sliding door entrance to the room

Great pool, staff recommended great bar and restaurant.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Not central to Boulder Town as we had mistakenly planned. Near main road. We didn’t get the poolside room we had booked but the staff upgraded to a better room without asking.

Great pool, staff recommended great bar and restaurant.

Bed was comfortable, loved the balcony and washer and dryer...
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The tv volume was locked at 20 so we couldn't hear the tv with the air conditioner on. when we called the desk they said they would be up but never came.

Bed was comfortable, loved the balcony and washer and dryer on site!

Reasonably priced and well located hotel with friendly staff, a nice pool/hot tub and breakfast
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Pool needed cleaning.. Didn’t like the upcharge on the room on our last night but we booked throughBooking.com so it wasn’t the hotel’s fault.

Liked the pool, hot tub, friendly and helpful staff. Close proximity to CU Boulder and Pearl street were a definite plus. Fantastic breakfast!

Luxurious.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Nothing. It was all very perfect.

The room was beautiful and spacious. It had those extra things such as quality shampoo and conditioners, two bathrobes, and premium bedding which helps me sleep deeper at night. I could swear those were real feather pillows. My room had a patio which overlooked the outdoor pool, which was very special to me. The room was very quiet and the internet worked perfectly. While I was packing to leave, I threw my back out and when I called to get help taking my luggage to my car, they were very happy to help. They arrived at my room quickly within 5 minutes. I forgot some hanging clothes and it was within an hour that they were found and the manager called me. He happily was willing to send them back to me that day. He even asked me what kind of shipping I preferred.

Problems with air conditioner.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Problems with air conditioner. They offered to move us which was too inconvenient as we had unpacked - fam of four. Instead we took a fan they offered and was fine. Lighting in room felt dingy but everything else good

This is a cozy hotel with a beautiful view.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

It was so nice for the price. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was visiting for only 3 days, and this hotel really made my stay amazing. I would definitely come back.

Top choice for our Boulder travels!
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Our air system couldn't be changed in temperature. We ended up just turning it off for a full day to get it to the temperature we wanted. (Didn't contact front desk).

Who doesn't love a free breakfast? I'm not sure, but definitely a perk of staying at this hotel. I also absolutely love staying at this hotel for the balcony/patios. It allows for a lot of sunlight and the ability to step outside before your "fully ready" for the day. We had a gorgeous view of the Flat Irons.

Nice yet the patio room was a view of the dining hall building instead of the surrounding mountains.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

No microwave in the room and worst view outside of the dining hall instead of the surrounding mountains - since they kept telling us we would be able to move rooms. Yet never moved us.

Nice and clean. Comfortable beds.

We had a good stay, would come back.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Was hard finding the place at first. There was construction next to it, in and around the area.

Served buffet style food 5:30pm to 7pm with 2 included cocktails included. Soda and popcorn available in lobby, was good.

First Best Western we've been disappointed in.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The floor above us was super creaky every time they moved. There was no door by the sink, so no privacy. No microwave which most Best Westerns have. Front desk staff not very friendly or welcoming.

Expensive hotel with no cup in the bathroom.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

In the bathrooms there was no cup, just two bottled waters marked $2. This meant you couldn't get a drink of water or take medication. I have never seen a hotel be so cheap. Overall the quality of the hotel and room where below what one would expect based on price, even for Boulder.

too noisy, even tho i asked for a quiet room.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

too noisy, even tho i asked for a quiet room. baby screaming, dog barking, people partying. good thing i stayed for a short time.

Pretty views and good breakast, but the cleanliness was lacking.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Nothing about this hotel felt "clean". We went into the hot tub and there was tons of debris floating around that looked like flakes of skin. It was disgusting, we had to get right out and go shower, the shower itself didn't feel or look very clean either. For a $200 night stay I really expected more and thought it looked way nicer and cleaner in pictures.

The breakfast and the size of the room was nice, we also enjoyed the view from our balcony.

It was very comfortable for our brief stay.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Little difficulty get luggage from car to room. We got very close to the outdoor entrance, but bags were dragged over curb and stones

Large room. Convient to campus

For a Best Western, it definitely needs upgrades as the...
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

For a Best Western, it definitely needs upgrades as the hotel had that "tired" look. It was clean and very convenient to the university, but not up to BW standards. I have definitely stayed at better BW hotels.

Ik was very OK.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Acoustics was not good. The control of the water in the shower was difficult to find, and quite rough (no gradual regulation of the water jet). With the choice "Don't disturb the environment", no service was provided at all. E.g. refilling of the coffee had been useful.

Bed was comfortable. I appreciated the facilities in the room to prepare coffee. Possible choice "Don't disturb the environment" to avoid any use of unnecessary laundry and cleaning products was great. I used it.

Comfortable room, poor view, parking not easy.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Parking lot was being resurfaced. Had to move car and saw one being towed - not nice for that guest. Due to resurfacing, could not sit on porch to relax due to odor. One primary reason chose this motel. Needed to do laundry. Nice there was a laundry room, but 1 of 2 washers were out of order. There was no change machine so had to walk to front desk. No chair in laundry so sat on metal trash can obviously used by others as a seat. No view of flatirons with taller buildings surrounding. Close to far end of CU, not close to main campus and Old Main.

Very clean facility with beautiful room and comfortable beds. Breakfast buffet was very good. My daughter and I left before breakfast next day to fly home, front desk gave us a to-go breakfast bag - nice thought. Hot tub was awesome. Room was very nicely refreshed by time we returned from touring.

The hotel has been updated and common areas were very nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

The light on the outside of our balcony flickered like a strobe light the entire time. The toilet seat was falling off of its hinges and the worst thing was that the smoke detector in our room went off while everyone was sleeping and I could not get it to stop. Went to get batteries from the front desk to replace the old ones and it still would not stop. It was horrible.

The hotel has been updated and common areas were very nice. The room and bedding was clean and comfortable.

I travel a lot for work and I would have to say this was one of the dirtiest rooms I have stayed in.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The room cleanliness was poor. There was a partial drank bottle of water in our room along with a used towel wadded up in the corner of our room.

The breakfast was really good.

Would stay here again when visiting our CU student.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

I love a soft mattress but these were almost too soft. Comfortable enough for 5 nights that I didn't have any serious complaints. And the thermostat worked like a charm without excessive noise. You can't get that in a lot of overpriced major-city hotels! But, seriously, if it were still the Boulder Inn, as the sign on one building suggests, and didn't have that ugly red and white plastic "Best Western Plus" sign, we would have been more confident in selecting this place.

Don't let the tacky "Best Western Plus" sign out front fool you: This hotel was clean, comfortable, and extremely convenient to the University (our primary focus), and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The interior (lobby, breakfast area, pool, rooms) are nicer than the exterior, which is just OK. Free parking right by our room was helpful. It has the old "motel" style where you enter your room off a secure doorway near your parking space rather than through a lobby/elevator. I actually prefer this but might be an issue for older or disabled guests.

Place is nice clean perfect to stay in
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

The price it's high. and I was shocked at checkout because the bill show 284$ but it was my mistake , booking show me the price in Kuwaiti dinar were it is 85 kd . Guys be sure about the currency sign

Location is good . Place is nice ,clean Front desk nice people and helpful

Nice place- hot and humid room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

The ac wouldn't allow to be set below 68 but our thermostat was reading 76 the entire time and we could not get it to cool down. The room was so hot and humid it made sleeping extremely difficult despite the comfortable bed.

Allow animals without extra fee

nice place to stsy
    • King Room - Non Smoking

King size bed had a distinct curve on middle as if many single people had slept in it in the middle. I was on a slope all night!

Rooms were spacious and clean.

Boulder stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

That the only room available when we checked in (granted we were early) was on the first floor.

The front desk staff were very friendly and extremely helpful!

Nice Place, there was a lot of Noise outside in the Hall...
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Nice Place, there was a lot of Noise outside in the Hall ways. Breakfast was nice, Pool Side would of been nice. Nice to park outside your room easy access to patio screen door. Front desk, staff was nice, but New a little inexperienced.

Our Boulder Trip
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

The bathroom was less than adequate - they need to be renovated - and our room smelled of sewage for an entire day.

For the value the hotel was great and the free daily hot breakfast included is a bonus!

Great hotel in Boulder
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Pillows were too soft and squishy

Breakfast was good and the staff was very courteous. Room was very comfortable liked having a balcony that we could go out on

Perfect weekend getaway for the family
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Free breakfast each morning for each occupant. And not just continental, but hot food, cereals, fruits, oatmeal, & bagels/pastries. Huge plus!! They also let you borrow bikes for free to ride around the area.

Good variety of breakfast items.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The lighting is terrible. Trying to apply makeup was a challenge. Two large mirrors in the room and both of them put you in shadows. Try applying eye liner in the dark!!

Good variety of breakfast items. Attendant was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

I'd come here again any time!
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Disposable plates, cups, cutlery for breakfast - distracted from an otherwise great experience and is environmentally irresponsible.

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms, good breakfast. Free rental bikes - great for getting around in Boulder, which has very good infrastructure for bicycling.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Good place to stay in a nice area of the city.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Couldn't rent movies in the room which is not great when your staying there for 5 days.

Nice big rooms with comfy bed. Very clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Poor management response and customer service regarding a problem. Will stay elsewhere next time.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

We stayed four days/five nights. On our last day, we left at 10a.m. Making sure the "do not disturb" sign was not on the door. When we returned that night, the room had not been cleaned...no fresh towels, no waters, etc. We tried to speak to the the manager about it, but he wasn't there. He had the front desk staff member return our call later later to say that it wasn't cleaned because the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. When I replied that both my husband and I were sure that it was not, he just repeated the same answer and told me the that's what the manager told him to tell me. What happened to "the customer is always right"? How about "We really appreciate your patronage and are very sorry for that oversight. Here's what we'd like to do for you..."???

Upon arrival, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were good and the chef accommodating.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Might stay again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Very disjointed. Looks like a motel. Difficult to get to rooms. Breakfast and workout facility in another building. Had to walk through weather to get there.

Breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Not good for disabled people
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

I am disabled and felt this place was almost dangerous for me. I had to either go quite a distance outside or else navigate steps to get to my room. Also had to go outside to get to breakfast. Boulder is icy and cold this time of year. The single handicapped room is quite a distance from the lobby and the breakfast place. Good place for people who are able-bodied.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Not great for the price.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Shower didn't drain. No hot water. Maids were real rude. Charged for 2 bottles of water. Location isn't good. Found a dirty bandaid under my covers. AC wouldn't turn on even though it was 79 degrees in the room.

The desk people were nice.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Good Choice for a CU Boulder Visit
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Excellent location at CU Boulder. Clean rooms, fitness room, and the breakfast was decent. Friendly staff. Having access to a spa pool was great, too.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Great value for the price and location!
    • King Room - Non Smoking

We loved our bed, it was soo comfortable we didn't want to get up! The room was super clean and the bathroom was very updated. We loved the shower! The hotel staff was very kind and accommodating. It was in a great location and within 5 minutes of everywhere we wanted to go. Highly recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good for short stay.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Access to the hotel was a bit tricky - you had to get the lanes exactly right. You have to go outside to get to breakfast and it was COLD.

Very dark & quiet room, and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Clean hotel, nice location, ~15-20 mins walk to the CU...
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The dinning room is detached from the rooms and one needs to go outside to get to the dinning room.

Clean hotel, nice location, ~15-20 mins walk to the CU campus.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Hugely enjoyable stay !
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Everything suited us very well. Perhaps some more details of local events and attractions would have been useful.

Staff all charming. Bed very comfy. Breakfast ideal. Room very quiet and spacious.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Dec 2016
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The room smelled like mildew; after the second day, I called the front desk and and the front desk person came by and knocked out the smell with some deodorant. Seems like the housekeeper should have taken care of this.

Good free breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

A very nice room but no thought went into my room location.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

When I arrived, I was given the most possible far location. It happened to be room 250, which was next to people who were noisy the entire night! Since you were far from fully booked, I have to wonder why a single middle aged woman who arrived after 10 pm is asked to walk that long distance, then placed right next to someone(. Who turned out to be obnoxious). When I could have had any number of closer and more quiet locations. By the time I realized my predicament , I was too exhausted to try to change rooms. I believe your staff needs to think about the guest before sending her off without a thought.

Nice room, well thought out , clean. Good bed.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I chose this place because of the tesla destination charger,...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

I chose this place because of the tesla destination charger, and it was not functional. Very disappointing and inconvenient. I remarked I needed to use it and feel I should've received a warning at least.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

The bed was really confortable and I got big nice bedroom
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Breakfast was okay but nothing extraordinary. The pictures did not say what the real choices were. A little noisy because the hotel is under renovation, which is a great improvement.

The bed was really confortable and I got big nice bedroom

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Homecpming success- a fine place to be.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Under construction, so a bit noisy. Older property, so a few inconsistencies- bed too soft, mattress not updated. TP cheap and flimsy. Pricey on this weekend, but supply and demand rules. Ran out of bikes, but my tennis shoes were key!

bfst wonderful and fresh, staff terrific, location for CU perfect. Staff at front desk went above and beyond to help me print my e ticket to CU game. So sorry I don't know his name( tall, blue eyed 20 something, kind man). Made up for everything else.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

"Rocky Mountain High"?--Not so much
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

I thought this was a very expensive room for a not great view (facing the parking lot, right next to a busy interstate), especially since they advertise a view. As a Cape Cod girl, I was shocked at the huge amount of traffic/cars/noise in Boulder--to be fair this is hardly Best Western's fault, but I was not thrilled with the location, and would warn fellow travelers if you are looking for something "Rocky Mountain" and "natural", you're not going to find it at this place. Look it up on Google maps before you book. Also, when I stayed, the place was undergoing a major outside renovation at a portion of the property, which just added to the not-great atmosphere and feeling that I was kind of being ripped off (almost $250/night).

Nice breakfast and staff, very clean room. It's nice that it's near Boulder's multi-use walking/biking/jogging trails.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Over all good but should have been told about construction.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

We should have been informed that the hotel was under construction. The noise was pretty constant. It was disappointing to sit by the pool listening to constant drilling and banging.

The staff were friendly. The breakfast was quite good. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Will stay again!
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Under construction, so noisy at times and changed the flow of things.

The pool area was lovely, well-designed, with beautiful views and a place you could relax and hang out in. Great location: convenient to store, bus, restaurants.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great staff, wonderful location, comfy beds !!
    • King Room - Non Smoking

My room was right next to the vending machines, ice machine which made noise ALL NIGHT.

The check in Staff is super friendly. Helped me with my luggage. Provided great advice and a map of how to walk over to CU from the hotel. VERY good location if you have business, etc at CU. SUPER comfy beds!!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Meh!
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Room was nearing worn out. Construction was loud in the AM. Housekeeping was fair at best. There were many strange odors in the hallway.

Location was good for what we needed. Breakfast was nice

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

OK for a one night stay visiting Boulder.

Not well soundproofed with thin ceilings/floors and noisy people above. Some inconvenience with ongoing renovation work. Expensive for what it is this far from downtown.

Boulder itself. Clean modern room with comfy beds. Short walk to nearby restaurants - BeauJos does amazing pizza.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Functional
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Facility was under construction so loud; soft and lumpy bed (for me; I like firm mattresses); a bit expensive for what you get

Close to the CU-Boulder campus (could walk there); close to downtown; free WIFI; adequate parking; let us check in at 1200; breakfast included

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Pleasant
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Lack of available electrical outlets near bed. Poor availability of toiletries in minimalist.

I liked the Keurig coffee maker in the room. Awesome breakfast selection for the price.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

OK stay but not a good value.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

The entire place was a construction zone both in and around the property. Value was extremely poor and the Booking.com price was exactly what it would have cost me to rent directly from Best Western but I did not find that out until I checked in. So did not get my BW Bonus points. Shame on Booking.com for advertising that they were saving me money!

Location was convenient. Room it self was quite adequate.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Buyer beware
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

I feel I paid too much for the room. Over heard a room rate of 160 on Saturday night. The cable TV in our first room was out so we were moved to another room, needing a remodel. For the money I could have stayed at a more upscale place. I will becoming back to Boulder because of family but probably not to this place. We were charged $786.91 plus $4. for a bottle of water. My wife and I stayed three days. (Fri, Sat, & Sun).

Breakfast area nice. Employees were nice enough.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Overpriced dirty hotel Boulder CO Stay away
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Water did not drain in bathroom asked to fix the first night and it never got fixed. Room dirty all corners were full of dirt and crud. Faucets were hard to use. The TV took 5 mins. Before you could change channels. For 200.00 plus a night not good. We have stayed in better for under 100.00 a night. Had to change rooms the last night because of no hot water. Maintenance was not working on it either. So much for customer service. Will not recommend Best Western to anyone will not stay in Best Western again unless price is below 100.00

Breakfast and location

Basic hotel breakfast but better than average quality though...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Basic hotel breakfast but better than average quality though not fantastic.

Air conditioner sounded like a weed wacker

Air conditioner sounded like a weed wacker

Very beautiful
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Found a used kotex on the carpet.

Very beautiful

Great place to stay!
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Clean, nice location, great staff up front!

Very clean facilities.

Location is ok.

Very clean facilities. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Excellent breakfast.

Every thing was good.

Every thing was good.

Perfect for visiting our son.

All the stairs

The beauty of our room.

The location is perfect for us to visit CU Boulder.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

The location is perfect for us to visit CU Boulder.

Best Western Boulder Inn was a pleasant surprise!

3 steps prevent using luggage cart

Spacious room, comfortable bed, good TV, patio outside room, nice shower

Very Good
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Excellent attention and breakfast. Comfortable hotel.

Needed to have a room key to go into the breakfast.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Needed to have a room key to go into the breakfast.

Awesome!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Everything about the Best Western I liked.

It was good.
    • King Room with Patio - Non smoking

Indian guy who works at breakfast. He made me uncomfortable.

Comfy bed

Overall, a comfortable stay

The shower was broken

Clean and spacious rooms

comfy clean lovely area to sit by the fire.

The coffee....

comfy clean lovely area to sit by the fire. Staff were very helpful & polite.

Peaceful,lovely,.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Patio - Non smoking

Peaceful,lovely,.good location and wonderful view! Perfect hotel