Reviews of Capitol Skyline 3 stars

10 I"" (eye) Street SW, Southwest, Washington, DC 20024, USA

#118 of 138 hotels in Washington

Will ABSOLUTELY be returning to this hotel! Very impressed with the staff and the whole experience!
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

I honestly can't think of anything that I would criticize. The staff as well as the facilities were very well maintained and comforting.

Amazingly accommodating! I knew upon booking that the check-in time was 3:00pm. However, after a long and exhausting car ride, I drove straight to the hotel and arrived close to 2:00pm. I went to main desk and asked if my rooms were ready and they were not. She said to check back within an hour, which I was completely fine with that as I did arrive early. We went across the street to kill some time as we were not about to jump back in that car already, lol. After about 10 minutes, my youngest son had to use the restroom. There were none open at the park so we walked back across the street to the hotel to use the lobby restroom. After my son was done using the restroom, we started to walk out and the hotel staff informed me that they were able to get me two rooms side-by-side that were ready now so we could get checked in and relax. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal but, the temperatures outside were 92 degrees and very humid. Also, I was the only adult with 7 non-adults (ages: 17(f), 17(m), 15(m), 15(m), 15(f), 12(f), 9(m)) Sons and nieces. So, now you can imagine my level of graciousness and gratitude. They were very pleasant to deal with and very accommodating. The location was great. Located in town, so walking distance to many things, but there was also a great park across the street. The pool was very well maintained and so relaxing. I will DEFINATELY be returning to this hotel and will also recommend to ANYONE planning to visit Washington, D.C. regardless of the reason for the trip.

Clean room and lobby.

Wifi was intermittent. Parking was expensive. Fire alarm (false) meant I had to walk stairs.

Clean room and lobby. Breakfast was good. Secure parking was reassuring.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Booked this last minute got there 10 minutes after booking.

The ac unit leaked all over he floor but we were just staying one night so it wasn’t a big deal.

Booked this last minute got there 10 minutes after booking. Staff was very friendly. They were very accommodating. They had a great selection of food and drinks in the front lobby. Complimentary breakfast. Beautiful pool. Cool furniture. Comfortable beds. Clean room. One of the cheapest parking I found. Around $30 for the day

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Parking fee was a little expensive for staying more than one...
    • Double Room with Pool View

Parking fee was a little expensive for staying more than one nights. And the shuttle bus/transportation service ended at 10am which was too early for tourists like us. We had to use other services to depart and return to the hotel; otherwise, excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was alright
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

There was no fridge, the mocrowave was in the basement, you had to pay to get a fridge which we never got. There wasn't much of a variety for breakfast and the bacon was super salty.

Thr pool was great, the food by the pool was alright, the room was nice and clean.

nice pool area

checked into an uncleaned room. broke ice machine which all the way in the basement expensive parking so best bet is to try the streets

nice pool area good location nice looking inside

Great value in D.C.
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

Parking is either at a city meter with limited availability, or $41/day in their garage. Have to know to ask for a card at the front desk IF breakfast was included, to not be charged for it.

Very nice hotel for the price. Hard to beat in D.C. Close to Capitol and Nat'l Mall. Would def stay there again. Breakfast was diverse and delicious! Make sure you book with breakfast INCLUDED.

Great stay. Renee is a great customer service representative for the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

Staff was amazing. Renee at the front desk was extremely helpful and made my stay wonderful. She helped me find places in DC since I was in town for a event. Pool area is amazing. Breakfast was okay. Breakfast staff was really nice

It was in close proximity to the sites and we were able to...

The rooms were slightly small and it would have been nice to have a fridge in the room

It was in close proximity to the sites and we were able to walk vs taking our car and having to deal with parking

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The beds in my the room were very comfortable.

The front Desk Receptionist wasn’t very welcoming and I never got my free breakfast comp. card.

The beds in my the room were very comfortable. Sleep really well. The manager was very nice and helpful and was professional at at all times.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very comfy and convenient. Would definitely stay again.

No fridge, parking fee.

The room, pool, lobby, lounge area, and location were great. Though there is definitely a nice 4th floor view of Capitol dome, there are hindering trees in summer months. Above 4th floor appears to be better. Did wish room had a fridge.

It’s nice for a short trip
    • Double Room with Pool View

The breakfast buffet, the food was bland and boring. You also had to sit in to eat you couldn’t take it to your room

I like that the elevators didn’t take long at all

People were friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Pool View

I didn't like that you could not bring breakfast food to room. My husband has Parkinsons and very difficult to move in the morning. Also I could suggest some snack specials at Happy Hour.

People were friendly and helpful. I liked that it was so close to Nationals park. Everyone was very nice and the front desk staff was very good and helpful.

Nice pool
    • Double Room with Pool View

In our first room, the two lamps did not work. The advertisement read that the room had a pool view, but actually was a view of the roof of restaurant with a small corner view of pool. After awhile the desk staff moved us to another room.

The pool area is exceptional with very comfortable furniture around the large pool. Pool is close to small restaurant on the facilities.

Location and breakfast
    • Double Room with Pool View

Parking. The parking should be free for guest especially since the parking lot is used by others and you might not get a parking spot.

Location and breakfast

We will definitely stay there again when in the area. Great location
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

The ice machine had been removed and only one available was in the basement.

The breakfast buffet was great and included everything from eggs and sausage to breads, pastries and waffles. Nice selection of fruits and cereals.

The location is great.
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

Paying to park a vehicle while we stayed there was a tad annoying. I believe those costs should be included in the room price and not necessarily an extra charge.

The location is great. Right off of the highway, but I’m walking distance to all of the sites and museums. Everything inside was nicely designed and cleaned.

It's worth the stay and convenient to everything
    • Double Room with Pool View

Paying for parking in the garage.

The staff was excellent and pleasant....Everything was to my expectation from housekeeping to the front desk and a special thanks to front desk representative Chanel she was very helpful and pleasant .....

Everything!
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

Everything! Breakfast was delicious, so many varieties to choose from. Pool is awesome! Location is great. We walked to see Capitol at night. Restaurant food was good too.

Location &security.

That no meals served was a disgrace.Please implement dinner services!!!,I had to go out in the middle of the night to get food for the kids.Excellent hotel though!!

Location &security.

Over all a great stay and will book again next year when I visit D.C. again

I had 2 rooms and 7 people wish breakfast was included for all 7. Had to pay extra for 3 of my kids.

The rooms were very nice. The pool is worth the booking alone.

Breakfast was good.
    • Double Room with Pool View

Finding a taxi could be difficult some times. Bar closes at 7pm which is kind of odd. I booked room with pool view and what I got was Capitol view where I could see nothing more than road. Upon asking, receptionist indicated that pool view rooms are all booked!!! but they should have informed me before assigning the “road view” room. Upon asking why they call a “road view” room to be a “Capitol view”, she responded that there are levels of Capitol view and the one I was assigned had no view of Capitol, not even the tomb end tip of Capitol. I was just amazed with her response...not that I wanted a Capitol view room. They are just mis-advertising.

Breakfast was good. Amenities were good as well.

the view from room was amazing (thanks to the hotel for...
    • Double Room with Pool View

minor thing that can be easily improved - checking for coupons in the restaurant in morning and not letting us have a more comfortable seating because we were 2 and more comfortable seating was for 4 (even though the restaurant was empty-ish). felt a bit military and unnecessary.

the view from room was amazing (thanks to the hotel for keeping our request :) ). the food down in lapidus restaurant was great. the stay was comfortable.

• Double Room with Pool View

The one thing that bothered me was that I registered three persons and was given only two breakfast tickets. The hotel was quick to fix this problem but it should not have happened.

Great location. The hotel was peaceful and very accommodating. We had a quiet night which was very good. Construction work did not bother us at all.

My 28th bday
    • Double Room with Pool View

I didn’t like the fact that I had to call down to get my room cleaned.

The pool was the best part and the second part was the food . Omg the BBQ chicken pita was good and the drinks were too. The staff are very friendly .

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The pool was awesome and so was the pool lounge.
    • Double Room with Pool View

wasn't crazy about the color of the walls (yucky green)- made the place look old and tired.

The pool was awesome and so was the pool lounge. The breakfast was wonderful. The rooms were comfortable and it was close to the ballpark and walking distance to great restaurants.

Happy hour is good value for money, but don't be late!
    • Double Room with Pool View

Happy hour is good value for money, but don't be late! The guy in the bar provides excellent service. Unfortunate that cannot be said for the lady in the breakfast room.

Clean.
    • Double Room with Pool View

I booked a pool view room, what I got was a room looking over a roof :-( Paying for parking was not informed properly upon booking Free breakfast- only 2 per room was not specified upon booking

Clean. Friendly staff

The breakfast was very good.
    • Double Room with Pool View

We booked through booking.com and our booking was for a room with a pool view but we were given a room with an ugly roof view.

The breakfast was very good.and offered wide variety of choices.

Pool was great!
    • Double Room with Pool View

The hamburger I ordered through the restaurant was extremely rare. I did not notice until I got to my room. It was too late to inform them.

Pool was great!

Good

The floors are old and outside needs some love and attention!

The breakfast was good, needs pancakes or waffles for kids. The beds were nice and comfy. The pictures definitely make it look better than it is. But it was clean and my grandson loved the pool!

It was adequate for the money but no frills.

It lacked amenities which would have been inexpensive for the hotel, which would have made the stay more comfortable. The computers in the business center had issues. There was no coffee in the lobby--not even in the morning. In order to get a glass of water, you had to go to the front desk to ask and then be directed to the fitness room.

• Double Room with Pool View

We paid for two nights but checked out at 2:30-3:00 before the second night and they charged us full price even though we didn’t spend the night.

Location to the Nationals stadium was great.

No soap, shampoo, etc. in room. TV didn’t work, had to wait on maintenance to fix it.

Location to the Nationals stadium was great. It was an easy 10 minute walk.

Dated, but comfortable hotel located nearby Metro station...
    • Deluxe King Pool View

No problems at check-in, however when we checked-in we were handed a letter from management letting us know that the outdoor pool would not be available to us for an afternoon due to a "private" function taking place. This was during one of the hottest periods in the area and the pool was one of the amenities that we had intended to use during our stay. When voicing our displeasure at the front desk we were told that management would get back with us which they never did.

Dated, but comfortable hotel located nearby Metro station and sport venues.

Clean, Convenient location, Friendly and Helpful Staff
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

Slow internet; pool take over all day by a private party with extremely loud music that was intrusive throughout the property.

Clean, Convenient location, Friendly and Helpful Staff

Great location!
    • Double Room with Pool View

Good location! Able to Uber to all the different things we had planned. Hotel staff was nice. Room was clean. Bed was very comfy! Would definitely stay here again next time we are visiting the area!

Well worth it!
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

The food service at the pool area was less than impressive, and the life guard on duty always appeared disgruntled.

Room was great, location is great (besides a few sketchy neighborhoods near by), breakfast was pleasant, and the parking was easy peasy. We hope to stay again!

The room was clean.
    • Double Room with Pool View

The room was clean. The breakfast great. The staff was very accommodating with some last minute reservation requests. We couldn’t have picked a better place for sightseeing. Centrally located to the sports arenas and DC landmarks. The grandkids loved the pool. The restaurant on sight was fantastic but nothing else was close. Problem solved with Uber food delivery. Overall one of our best trips to DC.

• Double Room with Pool View

Very uncooperative staff. Guys monitoring guests entering for breakfast.

Nothing...we booked for a family of 4 and they allowed only 2 adults for breakfast. I had to pay for my children.

My son and I were in town for jazz and baseball, both Nats Park and the Wharf walkable!

Parking will cost you though at $41 per night after tax and the hallway carpets are in obvious need of replacement due to age.

The atmosphere at this place was awesome and the whole swimming area is terrific!

Pool and good breakfast

Very noisy, constructions all around. No view to the Capitol. The music at the pool is extremely loud, impossible to relax. We had to check out before breakfast thus we asked for a breakfast package to go, we were promised to get it but we didn't.

Pool and good breakfast

good place for a short stay

rooms are very old fashinioned and the hotel needs a refresh! the lady at reception told us that you needed a 4 -6 month in advance reservation to go into the Capitol building... thanks god I went there nevertheless and realised its FREE and no reservation was needed. Repectionists should know better than this!!! (she confised it with the White House probably, but still)!

nice location and view on the capitol. large rooms nice breakfast (you get tired of it on day 3, as its the SAME every day) they have a nice gym, with free bottles of water - which was a nice bonus! not far from the new trendy Wharf area!

Over it all was ok
    • Double Room with Pool View

I didnt like the fact that we had 3 people in our room and they only give 2 complimentary breakfasts so the 3rd cost 9.00 also the paying 35.00 a day to park at the hotel that you've already paid to stay at is ridiculous

The hotel was very clean and everyone was very nice

Close to National Stadium
    • Double Room with Pool View

The extra daily parking fee of $35 plus tax on top of the hotel stay. The parking garage is very tight. The ceilings are very low, we have a full size 4 door 6ft bed truck. Our antenna scraped the ceiling. The parking spots are very close together and not much room for backing into space for such a large vehicle. They charge a $100 incident deposit that takes up to 13 days to get back (little long in my opinion) There is very narrow driveway in front of hotel that gets very congested with guests trying to check in. Depending on where you are in line at front desk.. you end up sitting waiting for cars to move for quite some time. Also was double charged for room and that hasn’t been resolved yet. Have contacted Booking.com for help in this issue. I paid at time of booking on line, then had issues when checking in, they couldn’t t find my reservation. They had a reservation with same last name but different first name. But that wasn’t us. We got a room but I had a feeling there would be issues and there was..

It’s a very easy short walk to National Stadium for game night. It’s the least expensive in proximity to stadium. The hotel is very nice, with an amazing pool area. The pool is big with edge seating. Has a life guard on duty during all pool hours. Has a nice comfy intimate seating that gives the area a very upscale feel. They also have a nice bar with pub style menu that’s reasonably priced. We had king room that over looked pool area. Bed was comfy, clean. Also parking on site in garage for extra daily parking rate. Well lighted outside after dark. The walk to and from stadium was well lit and seemed like a safe neighborhood.

modern hotel in reasonable area
    • Double Room with Pool View

Restaurant onsite in evening was not welcoming- loud music and got the feeling he didn't really want us there. Ran out of eggs etc for breakfast . had to pay a lot of money for the car park

Friendly check in staff. Helpful with places to eat/advising on booking tours Large, clean room . Walkable to all the attractions breakfast fine.

Educational trip with comfort!

We could not stay longer due to the schedule we had to go by.

We could see some monuments from our window! The check in process was fast and easy! Staff was friendly and worked quick. The restaurant had some very good wings!

Breakfast, location, shuttle service

Parking, very costly, did not appeared as paid parking when I booked, I always book hotel which has free parking. Hotel is very old, looks haunted. They will block $100 for any damage, does not sound reasonable. No fridge and microwave in rooms. Since I booked from booking.com, they gave me room which has the worst view.

Breakfast, location, shuttle service

Room is clean, bed is comfortable, hotel is close to Capitol...
    • Double Room with Pool View

Breakfast is always the same , not very rich but standard! You can't open windows in the room only AC

Room is clean, bed is comfortable, hotel is close to Capitol its about 10min walking, they have free shuttles in the morning to the area where the museums are ! Location is good ! Staff is very nice. Willing to help right away

It was a short taxi ride from the main...

I asked if we had breakfast ordered and the receptionist said we didn’t. We then checked our booking confirmation and it clearly stated we did so we had to go prove that we had booked breakfast. It was ok they got it sorted and we had breakfast which was really nice.

It was a short taxi ride from the main area/museums/White House/ Capitol

Excellent location and service! Will come back again!
    • Double Room with Pool View

It’s not on the hotel, but the other guests were really really loud. They were screaming and yelling near midnight by the pool, and that was very upsetting.

It was cool, I didn’t hate it but the hotel definitely needs a makeover and better lighting

Breakfast is gross, hotel is old and outdated, the pictures on the website are misleading the place looks nothing like the pictures, the hallways are very dark the lighting in the rooms is terrible, there is a full body mirror in the room but the lighting above the mirror is terrible it’s a small little lightbulb and it was EXTREMELY dim. Which is terrible if you’re a woman who cares about how she looks and needs a mirror to get dressed. Also parking is behind the building which I didnt really care for

Pool area is real nice and the location of the hotel is decent we were 15-20 minutes away from everything, the staff is very nice also

Smh
    • Double Room with Pool View

Front desk guy, not helpful at all! Got pool view room and I was not given what I purchased.also room came with/2 breakfast and he said I had to pay

It was clean

Value/spectacular view of capital building dome and...
    • Double Room with Pool View

An issue at check out regarding payment/ changing credit cards A miscommunication resulting in a refund and another charge Lighting/ decor in lounge too dark

Value/spectacular view of capital building dome and Washington monument to the side Location/walk to capital and warf Comfortable bedding Good breakfast included Great pool area

Good view

It feels so cool to see the Capital Hill from my room. Nice breakfast. About 10 minutes walk from the metro station. And the room is very tidy and comfortable.

Overall we were happy

The neighborhood is bad and tourist have to really take care. Do not venture out of hotel during night. Not safe to walk around

Room was good with good facilities with good view of Capitol. The room was neat and clean with good facilities. Staffs are good.

Overall I'd recommend it. The location was close to the mall, the Metro, and a 7-11.
    • Double Room with Pool View

The "buffet" breakfast was included but it was a tad sparce in it's offerings. That said- it did it's job.

Proximity to where I had to be. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. I like the snack bar/wine availability since I checked in so late.

Average hotel, not worth the rate

The rooms were very dark and the bedding was rough and squeaky. The water pressure in the bathroom was almost nonexistent and the water temperature ran either hot or cold. The sink did not drain well. We were very disappointed to find out there was no secure wifi.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The neighborhood was walkable during the day and close to the National Mall.

I would have preferred less bread choices and perhaps...
    • Double Room with Pool View

I tried to use the computer and I got kicked off the Internet in 10 minutes. Then I was unable to get email from my job because something in your computer prevented me from having access

I would have preferred less bread choices and perhaps something like smoked salmon instead of all the meat being sausage and bacon

Okay property to stay.
    • Double Room with Pool View

The customer service. My room wasn't cleaned one of the days during my stay and it took about 45 mins for them to send someone up. The woman who came was clearly aggravated and talk to us like we were children. A complaint was made to the manager of housing services. Breakfast wasn't good. The pool was dirty and not ready to be in use. The gym machines sounded like they were breaking down while in use.

Raul and Artem. Great customer service in the bar area.

Comfortable stay.

They issue only 2 coupons for breakfast. At least children should be allowed to go free. The room given was a capitol view but you couldn't see anything.

Nice clean room with comfortable beds.

It was ok but not going to run to pick it again
    • Double Room with Pool View

The location was not as close as expected to Capitol the food for both dinner and breakfast something I would never pay for again. And there was no view of the capital from my room which was why I picked this

The front desk staff was nice and friendly

Stay was not unpleasant but hotel could have been better presented.
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

Décor of the room, generally, did not please the eye. The drapes collided with the air con unit (!!) and the wardrobe was a curtain. Bar was cold and uncomfortable.

Beds were comfortable. Breakfast OK but had a limited choice.

A standard business hotel but I would not go there again. Not family friendly.
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

We had a room for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children) and breakfast but when we arrived we were told it only applies to 2 adults and that for children we have to pay a full price around 9 USD/child/day. This has never happened in my life that breakfast is not included for all occupants of the room. The construction nearby makes the place noisy even if you are on the upper floors. Staff at the reception and breakfast was not very nice. They take it as a standard business hotel and not too much interest in having families there. The breakfast is every day the same and variety is really limited.

There is a metro station about 10 min walk. The view on the Capitol is really nice.

Good location, close to metro station and walking distance...

On weekend there was shortage of food during breakfast, had to wait for coffee, eggs etc. Pool closed, though it was very hot outside. They explained us pool season starts in the end of May, but this information should be included into hotel description.

Good location, close to metro station and walking distance to Capitol (15-20 min). Clean rooms. Good breakfast, though the same every day.

Toast and cereal was good in restaurant, rooms were clean...
    • Double Room with Pool View

Did not like eggs and sausage and bagels and cream cheese had no taste in restaurant. The air conditioners in rooms need upgrading you can not get it cool enough and we had trouble sleeping. We were in two rooms and both had problems with getting cool enough.

Toast and cereal was good in restaurant, rooms were clean and staff was outstanding. Loved the bar staff as well. Front desk people were fantastic. Good location

Good location, close to the Mall (easy walk).
    • Deluxe Double with Capitol View - Premium

Good location, close to the Mall (easy walk). Some nice bars around the corner (direction of the baseball stadium). Big room with comfy beds. Decent price.

an old, derecipt building in the middle of nowhere with a horrendous bar.
    • Double Room with Pool View

The pool advertised was not open until end of May (I didn’t see anything about this on their website stating that it was it yet open) The hotel bar was abysmal! depressing, no atmosphere. Gross. There was nothing in walking distance to get a decent bite and drink. The whole place was old and decrepit. This place is overpriced for being in the middle of nowhere! AND they charge $25 for parking! Why? It’s not like its downtown with limited space. It is in the middle of nowhere. A total bust.

I booked for two nights with breakfast included.
    • Double Room with Pool View

I booked for two nights with breakfast included. But they have a private party the second morning, so all my family got is cold cupcakes and bananas in the morning. Since the location is not close to many restaurant choices, that's basically the only choice we had that day.

This is a low-budget hotel and should not be described as or charged for more than what it is.
    • Double Room with Pool View

Walls are very thin. Any conversations in the hall could be clearly heard from the bed furthest from the door. The lighting in the room was really harsh and unpleasant. The room was billed as a pool view. The view out my window was of the roof (room 426). Off to the left of the roof was the pool. Describing this as pool-view was overstated. Plus it's not a particularly nice pool area to consider a view of it an asset to the room. Wifi was not password protected. It was expensive for the quality. Did not receive free breakfast as stated. Was not given any information about how, when or where to get this breakfast. Found the cafe and was only offered free coffee. Seems Booking.com should step in to rectify this and correct the information that is being given to Booking.com users, as this is not the first review to note this. The exterior of the hotel looks dated and not in a good way. No mini-fridges in room and no ice machine per floor - only in the basement.

Not the best hotel, but the location was convenient to Metro and to the stadium. Restaurants in walking distance.

The hotel was pleasant and comfortable for the two days I was in DC.
    • Double Room with Pool View

The microwave was in the basement where the ice machine was located. If it and the ice machine where located in the laundry room on the 3rd floor that would have been better than having to go to the B level.

It would have been nice to have the ice machine on the same floor. The staff were all nice and the breakfast meal was good; except, I can't drink orange juice so it would have been nice to have more beverages selections.

It was horrible
    • Double Room with Pool View

Customer service was terrible! House keeping was not available. We asked for a extra blanket and towels and never received. The tub was clogged; so every time someone took a shower the next person would have to wait at least ten before getting in. We told front desk about issue and it was never resolved. During checkout front desk ask how was our stay, my friend and I replied “horrible “ and all we got back in return was laughing. No apology, no explanation not even a “how can we fix it”.

The bed was comfortable.

I will not stay at this property again.
    • Double Room with Pool View

The entire hotel was cold. The service in the lounge was poor. The heat in the room was not working properly. The phone/tv was not working. However, when the maintenance man got there it was discovered the tv was unplugged. I told him not to even worried about the phone. By that time, I just wanted to get some rest.

n/a

Breakfast limited on options.
    • Double Room with Pool View

Breakfast limited on options. No choice on the buffet and the quality of the food was bad. The staff at the desk need to be more professional...i got overcharged at the check out and when I questioned it the agent didn't know what to say and he didn't explained the overcharge.

We will not stay here again.

The A/C in the room was not working. We changed rooms 3 times. In the end, staff said they do not have A/C. Equipt in the room is just to circulate air. Ugh!

Price & location