Reviews of Hotel Chateaubleau 2 stars

6.1

5.9

6.1

• Queen Room

Breakfast was a joke. A few pieces of fruit old muffins and coffee. The driver who picked us up was late and left us twice. The driver to take us to the airport took off and said his van was full and he would not make another run for two hours. We had to take a cab which cost us $60. We missed our plane and had to wait 8 hours at the airport . We complained to the so-called manager who could not have cared less. People where partying all night long at the pool area and there was a cat, yes a cat in the pool. We did not notice until the daylight that there was blood on the sheets my sons slept on. It was obviously menstual blood from the unmistakable shape on the sheets. The manager refused to go look at it and said he would send housekeeper later. Right. It also advertises a fridge in the rooms I was told that that meant the one in the lobby. I’m sorry but the one in the lobby cannot be advertised as the one in your room. As we stayed there twice once before and a few days after our cruise we finally did get a ride to the airport with their driver, who knew o I was handicapped and dropped me and my family off nearly a mile from where we were supposed to be. One of the airport supervisors was so angry he called the hotel and read them the riot act. This place looks nice, but sucks

Clean

The property needs some touch-ups. Some picture frames and mirrors were crooked and no one fixed them, that's odd. The room needed some touch up paint.

The property is in a great location. The room was clean and in good condition. The staff was very friendly.

See above

The staff were great! The little Greek restaurant also great. I had to change room 3 times. Long dark hair in the linens when I turned down the sheets. Second room on front Street noisy. Biggest reason for NEVER using Booking,com, after booking this room, I decided to also book the previous Fri night and had a question about parking. Called the hotel directly and got the previous Fri night at ab$40 difference in price. From now on I will call all hotels directly.

First when getting into the room, it smelled to strong of bleach (but guess that meant it was somewhat clean). Next the carpet had dried vomit on it, in the bathroom there were bug eggs or dead ants, the sheet had stains on it, the pillowcases were dirty,(my mate and I had to sleep in our clothes on top of the bed and put a throw blanket we had over the pillows to sleep). When it came to check-out transportation arrangements to the airport that were made at checking were not honored. Got into an argument with Donald who was very rude and kept laughing at everything I said. I had to end up paying for a uber ride not to miss my flight. I called the hotel back n the same man answered an I got nowhere. I wanted to speak with a manager and he kept giving me wrong names. Over all I would never return or recommend anyone stay there.

Liked that the first check-in staff were understanding.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

White beadspread had a few stains right in the middle of the bed. The room smelled wierd. Had to air it out.

Great for just a place to lay our heads for a night. Nice view of pool. Lobby was pretty with all the Christmas decorations.

The communications with me could certainly have been better. I was never advised, for example, before my mother's actual stay, that she would not be lodged in the main building with her pet. This was a definite letdown, as the first room provided to her wreaked of cigar/cigarette smoke, and was in a seemingly decrepit building ... not part of the original hotel. After I vociferously complained, the staff changed my mother's room, albeit in the same decrepit building. Guests travelling with pets should definitely be forewarned that they will be lodged in sub-prime accommodations while paying full rates for themselves, and additional rates for their pet(s).

The room was for my elderly mother and her pet, as my house in Florida was being fumigated and the entire process would take 48 hours. After I complained about the initial housing arrangements, for which I had not been previously informed, the hotel staff changed my mother's room for the second night.

Plumbing was needing work. Toilet was pretty sluggish and sometimes did not want to flush.

Chateaublue has spacious rooms with comfortable beds. It was also very clean. They are in the process of upgrading. They have a very good restaurant. The owners and staff were very accommodating.

• Queen Room

Building is old and cleanness needs improvement

Room overall has plenty of spaces. Nice view outside. Room has a fridge and a window air conditioner

• Queen Room

There was not central ac. The pictures did not look anything like the room itself. Everything was outdated, run down and had a moldy smell. I would not have taken my shoes off in the room or the shower. It was so bad we checked in and checked back out.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

Room smelled very musty, had to air it out. Pillows all had sham covers on them. Furniture was older.

Balcony was nice. Pool view had pretty Christmas lights. Lobby was clean and tastefully decorated.

• Queen Room

the rooms, hallways need to be updated, the beds & pillows are terrible - very worn. The A/C limped along and the outlets were scarce. Some lights were not working, the room was meagerly serviced, often no coffee or cups were left & only 1 washcloth was ever available. I was not informed that the weekend rate was $60.00 additional over the base rate quoted. No safe in the room, but the promo literature describes safe deposit available in rooms. It's a dump.

Had dripping water pipes in bathroom wasting water! And some of the staff seems to be untrust worthy. One minute my package cant be find and two minutes after package appears same place they and i both looked!!!

Most staff friendly especially the shuttle driver. Has a ice cold outdoor pool.

Bath room ceiling had brown stops..light cord had black tape on it as a repair. Sliding door needed superman to open and curtain blocking air.condition not worth 110.

I like the name only of the hotel..but it did come up to my standard's.

When we got to our our room, it was not ready. The door was wide open, the lights were on, and one of the beds was messy. It was suspicious more than anything. I called the front desk and they accommodated us immediately, giving us a new room within minutes. Our new room was comfortable, however only 2 (out of I believe 5) lamps worked--the other 3 were burnt out.

The hotel is conveniently located near shops, restaurants/cafes, and is in a safe area. The front desk staff, housekeeping staff, and hotel manager were all very, very sweet. The AC system is easy to utilize and it reaches very cool temperatures--important for Miami ;) The water temperature and pressure from the shower are both excellent. This is a safe, welcoming place and location.

• Queen Room

People were friendly. Older hotel. My room was very clean. Excellent restaurant Myles off the lobby. Pool was taken care of. Transportation to and from airport provided.

Carpet was very dirty. Could not go barefoot in room. Ceiling damage in two spots. Hot water in shower was off and on. Room smelled like old ashtrays. Sheets had fuzz balls all over them. Hard surface floors sticky.

Filthy, Stinky, HOT A/C WAS NOT TURNED ON UNTIL I TURNED THE ANTIQUATED WINDOW UNIT.

Nothing. No ADA for me using my walker and​ the old man who owns the hotel told me that I would have to do what everyone else does. Then he moved my room across the street in a bag party of town and said I would have to walk and l across the street shiner at 1:00 am middle of the night. The whole place shelled old and musty. I hated every second that I was there. I paid $110 for 5 hours that i had to wait for the flight. AWFUL. WORST HOTEL IN 30 YEARS OF TRAVELING.

The building had been allowed to age visibly. Fresh paint, particularly in the halls, would have helped considerably.

The place was very clean and the staff was very friendly. For me, he location was perfect. The food in the restaurant was good, and not overly expensive.

They don't bring me the same price...on booking.com was $71.00 ..at the hotel was $119.00.. at night ..realy bad....I arrived around 11:30pm...Im with my son..and I don't had a room at that hour in miami...

• Queen Room

I did not like the smell of the corridors as it was carpeted and at times too musty and smelly. Tiles would be better.

The room was comfortable. Havier was very friendly and made sure that we were comfortable and got was we wanted for example a microwave. Our room was cleaned everyday.

• Queen Room

The room smelled like strong cigarettes and had blood splattered on the ceiling from the previous people who stayed... The person refused to give me another room. I was stuck here for 6 nights.... I will never come here again.

Electrical fittings like sockets old and very worn - plugs could fall out

Staff helpfullness great. Wifi great near and above lobby, less good in distant rooms.

• Queen Room

Hotel was average...it is old and nothing special! It could really need a touch up. Our door to the balcony was broken. There was no fridge. The furniture is old and the bathroom was a little gross...and the pool was disgusting! The water was super dirty! Staff was very friendly and the restaurant where they serve breakfast super cute.

• Queen Room

That the pool closed after midnight. Only bad thing we came across but that's because we are on a night schedule.

I loved everything! Had an amazing stay. The pool was awesome and romantic at night with the lovely lights and beautiful flowers. Loved the on sight fountain and restaurant, who's food is good but a lil' expensive . I thought the rooms were clean and comfy, the staff was awesome and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The air condition ran all the time and they had only two bath towels, two hand towels and one face towel,

I liked the ocsl especially since they had on site parking since parking is at a premium in coral gables

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

The lamp shades kept falling and the curtains were full of holes. The bathtub fixtures were "patched in" the walls carelessly and it could do with a little better cleaning. I will go back but at least the room we were in definitely needs care.

Location, cozy, nice facilities and pleasant staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

Everything!! When we checked in the man was rude as hell, our room had mold in bathroom,missing a ceiling tile, and the bed linens really stinked!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

Our toilet didn't work...called maintenance to the room twice; they told us not to put toilet paper in the toilet after we used it...to throw it in the garbage can?!?!?!!!! Who says/does that...ESPECIALLY for over $200/night?!! They also charged my card MORE than I booked it for on booking.com, even after I was told by the guy at the front desk that he would "handle" it. He won't have to "handle" any of my family's reservations again...

The beds were pretty comfortable. Nice balcony to sit out on.

• Queen Room

they didn't come to clean our room or provide us with new towels, when we call for service the housekeeper was really rude ... i pay t much money to stay in what i would call a motel instead of a hotel

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Rooms were old and outdated. It was a struggle to get new towels/washclothes everyday and the AC in my friends room didn't even work. Would not stay here again - just get the Gyros and keep driving.

Everything was outdated and old and needing work, even the staff EXCEPT for the restaurant. BEST GYROS EVER!

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

1) The toilet was not flushed and full of paper towels with hairs everywhere inside. Quite disgusting. 2)When making reservation, man was very hard to understand, he asked me if I spoke spanish. I do. It was not better, his spanish was just as bad as his broken english. 3) There was a roll-away bed in our room, taking up space 4)There was only ONE washcloth in bathroom.

1)That our door, being on the ground floor, was not accessible to the street. 2)Free parking.

• Queen Room

Falsely advertised free continental breakfast, toilets were stopped up and so were the tubs. Hotel maintenance was called from the moment I arrived there to unstop the tub.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Queen Room

When we arrived and were going to our room, there was quite a bit of yelling in the hallway by the kitchen and hair salon. We went back out 1/2 hour later and it was still going on.

The staff were very kind and helpful. The restaurant was EXCELLENT and the wait staff wonderful. The transportation from the hotel to the cruise ship was very good and the driver took extra care.

• Queen Room

Everything was bad down to No hot water after 5 min of showering. No microwave old carpet could not get the tv on ...no free breakfast 😒

Best part of the stay Was Meeting Eric who worked at the front desk

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Queen Room

Infestation of Bugs in the room both nights, noise level, no sound proof windows/doors, noise almost intolerable, whole property unclean from carpet to ceiling. Just not accommodating at all.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

The bathroom was not appealing. Needs to be fixed. Electrical outlets had exposed wires and broken.

The bed was comfortable however the appearance of the room leaves something to be desired.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I left me fav blanket on bed under my cover because I was cold left hotel realized I left it there called immediately surprisingly they don't see it didn't have it didn't care I no it was left there also dirty walls and curtains very out dated!$

Manager did offer free breakfast I just wanted smoothie but machine was down

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Queen Room

This was nice accommodation for very good price. Good Greek restaurant downstairs and for in-room service. Free airport shuttle. Hotel has bit of history if you notice the photos on the walls.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Queen Room

The water pressure in the shower is awful. It's better not to turn on the shower and bathe via the tub spigot. The rooms smell moldy. Clothes I had washed at my inlaws stunk when I got back to DC. There's an elderly man who checked us in very late one night. He needs to retire or be fired. There were only two hangars in the 'closet' and only three slim drawers in the desk/dresser.

Love the location of this place when we visit our inlaws. We reported the hair dryer wasn't working and it was fixed by the time we returned to the hotel that night.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

The room facilities like no proper glasses,cups,cigarette burned blankets, improper room ambience were some of it.The room requires good maintenance work to be presentable.

The staff were very accommodating and friendly.The location is very good.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

It's far away from down town. Shopping malls. You don't have where to buy things. They don't tell you in the hotel that you can travel with trolley. They don't tell you that there is a hurricane warning that you must stay inside. Thanks o Lord that nothing happen.

The hotel was ok. It was good We were their with vacation.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

The air conditioner took forever to cool the room , the room had a musty smell, the bathroom door was broke the tv didn't work the toilet seat was loose if they fixed the rooms up to everything was working it would be a great place

The pool was nice the food was good the parking was good location was good

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Room

My room was not as clean as it could have been. Neither was the balcony.

The location is the best thing about the hotel. Pretty central and you can get to anything quick. Also Coral Gabled is a pretty safe and calm area.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Facilities are "tired" but not really dirty. It would take a lot to bring rooms up to average. (For instance, after a long shower, I got a call from the front desk about a leak downstairs in the kitchen: I noticed a row of shower tiles peeling off the wall in my tub/shower.)

Perfect location for a few days near the airport to run errands in Coral Gables that I planned several months in advance. Friendly staff and good bar/restaurant. Good airport shuttle back to airport. I will try to stay there on my way back through Miami (in spite of some detractions).

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Queen Room

The bathrooms need to be renovated.

Great price. It was quiet and in a great location. Easy to get to and convinient since I had to be near miracle mile.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

My credit card was charged twice (info from my bank based on a fraud alert) - on arrival (a 'hold') and the full accommodation charge on departure. The former was not reversed and I have had to call the hotel and am awaiting their response

The location was good as I was attending a local medical centre - less good for a holiday location. Staff very helpful with early check in and late departure.

I loved everything!

Free airport shuttle thanks again milton!!!

• Queen Room

Very suitable. What you would expect for the price. Everything as expected. Would stay again

Leaky toilet, moldy shower curtain,

Good quality TV.

Stains on bed linens and bed comforters

Location was good

Too expensive for the room and facilities offered.

Food.

Poor and used look everywhere. 3rd rates motel appearence everywhere

Could walk to shopping and bars.

THE ROOM WAS NOT CLEAN

WIFI is rather slow and unreliable.

• Queen Room

There were roaches in our room. It was filthy.

I wanted a microwave but still I was very happy.

The Staff.

• Queen Room

Would need more modern TV sets

Close to Miracle Mile a plus. Very good home-style Greek restaurant with great fish.

The driver is not friendly don't say anything just blah

I have no complaints

everything was just good no complaints

Bath room was dirty

Better pillows to soft

Bed was comfy.

Old, dirty, in dire need of renovation. Really gross.

Price and cleanliness

• Queen Room

Too expensive for the quality offered

It was the only thing we got in Miami at that fate

• Queen Room

The property need to be upgraded

A decent place to sleep

• Queen Room

they charged two times my credit card

• Queen Room

Breakfast was not included when booking trough booking.com

Room of choice

Old Miami style feel

• Queen Room

You need to update the the room and change the furniture.

• Queen Room

Bathroom needs updating,asked for towel and rag only got a towel didn't have anymore rags

Parking,room size and bed was comfortable,room was clean

• Queen Room

Old. Poorly maintained. Ghetto.

Convenient location

Needs updated.

Pool was warm. Staff was nice.