Reviews of City View Inn 2 stars

33-17 Greenpoint Avenue, Queens, NY 11101, USA

#89 of 119 hotels in Queens

not bad for the price
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Overall the Inn could use some updates as it is very dated. Entering the room there was a slight smell of cigarettes, probably through bathroom vent, but nothing too bad.

Reading reviews many people talked about the beds not being clean and with bed bugs.... in my experience beds were clean and very comfortable. Room is a good size with good size bathroom. Breakfast is OK, not great. It had eggs, bagels, bread and donuts. Coffee and OJ. Also free parking was a big plus!!

The staffs were very friendly.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

My room was 107, that room was not in good condition. Felt very humid in the room including air in the room and the carpet so that when you were walking by your barefoot, you could feel a little bit wet in your foot. The blanket was another problem, I think I was allergic to it, I got skin rash under my neck. So overall, this hotel seriously needs to improve its clean. For some reason, the cleaning cargo of hotel was always put right in front of my room so it made me very uncomfortable when coming back room after a long day. Does the hotel have its own room to store these kinds of thing? I really doubt it. However, at least the staffs in here were really friendly.

The staffs were very friendly.

A great place to sleep.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

We were 100% accommodated.

This oasis is woefully underrated. It was a lovely place to stay, close and convenient to where the action is. This would be my first choice of where to stay again were I to return.

Good because is cheap and the staff was nice
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Bedroom was smelling cigarrets and on the website they said they have transfer and they dont. But when we akesd to change the room, they did. One guy that we thinks works at the hotel was smoking weed on the entrance.

Breakfast was awesome and staff really nice people

Decent but too PRICEY !
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

I was unsatisfied with the floor that my room was on. I believe that providing accurate availability information is key due to the customers preference. During this stay and all other stays, I preferred to be on a higher floor. Unfortunately, I didn't find out until I arrived that, my room would be on the first floor and placed directly next to the front desk/lobby . When I asked if there were any other available rooms on a different floor, the attendant told me no. At that point, I was unable to receive a refund or any other accommodation. My room was so close to the lobby that I lit a candle and the front desk called my room, requesting that I blow it out because the smell was traveling into the main entrance. The sheets are very thin and do not keep you warm! The price for this hotel was not worth the stay and experience.

My absolute favorite part about this hotel has always been their bathrooms. The bathroom gives you a luxurious penthouse feel, aside from the rest of the room's decor. The large mirrors and double vanity lights are a plus. The AC/HEAT works like a charm . The pillows are extremely fluffy.

Great value for the money. 15 mins outside the city, free parking, great staff. Would stay again.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Breakfast was weak.. Eggs, donuts/bagels, that's it. Needs breakfast meat, fruit, cereal, muffins etc.

Super friendly staff, great value for the money. Shuttle takes you 1 mile to subway station, can easily ride into Times Square area or down in lower Manhattan to 9/11 attractions, Brooklyn Bridge etc.

Bed bugs, garbage and smoking in the room.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

First room had about a bread box's worth of garbage under the bed and I couldn't sleep at all due to the room stench. Despite being non-smoking, every breath felt like I was a step closer to emphysema. Also, the complementary lotion was half used. After complaining, I was moved to another room. I could breathe better, but this one had bed bugs (or something). I was eaten alive as soon as lay on the bed. There was still garbage under the beds but at least the lotion was only a quarter used this time.

Proximity to Manhattan. Easy 3 or 4 stops to the 7 line station. All by the $30/week MTA card.

Avoid if you want a proper night's sleep.
    • Room Selected at Check In

Breakfast was pitiful (donuts, stale bagels, 3 hour old scrambled eggs....). The beds were over used, and were sagging horribly in the middle, staff was incompetent (asked for king bed, got 2 doubles. When confronted, the individual said too bad, everything else was booked. The next day, however, the other staff member was awesome and he gave us our proper room).

Other than the free parking and proximity to the subway, absolutely nothing

It's a room.
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

The room was old and dirty feeling. The breakfast food was stale and policed by a staff member. Housekeeping stole items from my children's luggage including a Louis Vuitton belt and an irreplaceable stuffed animal my son had since he was 3. This is also not convenient to a bus route or train without walking. Do not recommend for people with disabilities.

It was a room when we needed one.

Horrible, never going back
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Everything!!!!! Everything was horrible! Everything was dirty, noisy, breakfast was poor, staff was disrespectful and loud, room was smelling cigarettes and cold. It was a terrible terrible experience.

What eggs? There was no eggs. The room smelled cigarette and it was a disabled special room that I didn't ask for. Staff where bad and they smelled like weed all the time. When we complained about the cigarette smell on the beds they simply asked if we wanted to check out. I'm never going back.

Run!! Run away from this hotel!!
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

I've stayed at the hotel before and had an amazing time. After this time I will never stay there again. There was a strong smell of marijuana in the lobby as we walked in. Our smoke free room reeked of smoke. There was a condom laying on the floor in front of our room that never got picked up. The free hot breakfast we were told wasn't made because there weren't enough people in the hotel. So all that was offered was bagels, donuts, bread which only one toaster because the other one was broken. Dry cereal with no milk and warm orange juice. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but maybe the homeless. Horrible!!

Nothing!!

Scared
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

This is a hotel/halfway house for all sorts of unsavoury individuals and activity.. A security guard(?) patrols once and a while with metal detectors, (give you an idea!). electrical sockets were hanging from wall, barely worked and dangerous. There were blood stains in room. Garbage from whomever left in room and under beds. Unsanitary, dangerous, scary place, we felt unsafe. Even the so called security guy, dressed from a thrift shop said to trust no one. Spend a little more and stay elsewhere!!

The location was ok. a 20 minute walk to train 7, which was a 20 minute ride to times square. Free parking.

I liked the fact they had a microwave in the room.
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

I hated that we had only booked the room at midnight because we needed someWhere to go after clubbing and we still had to check out by 12 pm. I wish we could have had more time but overall it was great.

I liked the fact they had a microwave in the room. I have stayed at more expensive hotels and didn’t even have a fridge along with no microwave

The staff is friendly!
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

I do hope there be fruits in the complimentary breakfast!

The staff is friendly!The room and the lobby are nice and beautiful!My family and I are able to get a good rest bec our beds are soft and comfortable!We will surely be back again next time we will visit Ny!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Not pleased with our stay.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The desk attempted to change my room from a standard king to a standard double on two seperate occassions. The room I got looked nothing like the photos I saw online. Not even close!There was trash all over the ground outside. This building is really run down/ poorly maintained. I will never go back here and I strongly urge against anyone booking here. They also don't specify that this hotel is a city housing hotel.

My son loved that there was a waffle machine for breakfast. The price was decent.

meh.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

the wifi was cruddy, completely unusable. no useful channels available on tv... no news channels at all. no cnn or msnbc or anything.

its ok. nothing crazy... my favorite part was being able to book a room in which smoking was permitted to be honest.

Ok

Parking

Top floor is used for a homeless shelter... the staff will stop you in the halls of your traveling with children and ask you to go back upstairs the coffee is not for you it for paying guest...

Lots to do and go out and see
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing was the hotel had the slowest lift I have ever been out. The TV did not work very well but as I was out most of the time was not a big problem to me.

Yes it was Ok for the price and had a great time out there.. The room next and clean and the staff friendly.

Value for money midway between JFK and NYC, has all you need for short-stay b&b.
    • Room Selected at Check In

The lift was rather slow and shaky, but then it's not a modern building.

Breakfast was included in the room price and there was a free hourly shuttle to the most convenient subway station.

Comfy stay.
    • Room Selected at Check In

The room was shabby and bathroom was dated.

Free parking and low rates were the big draw for me. The location near to my daughter was great but it is not close to train. There aren't restaurants nearby but you can get delivery. The room was comfy but shabby.

The front desk clerk was very nice, but the facility was just a little too creepy.
    • Room Selected at Check In

The walls in the room were rotted and had water stains. There were a lot of creepy people hanging outside and inside the facility

It was near where I wanted to be.

Rude staff. I will not stay there again.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

They were not accommodating. We booked a double non smoking room. We got there early and checked in to make sure all was well. Rude lady at the front said they have no double beds. How were 3 people going to sleep in 1 bed comfortably especially given that I booked it. Finally they got it straight after I insisted. Fast forward to that afternoon and we walk in to our room to have it stink of smoke. I go to the front and he said I preferred a non smoking room but did not book one. I assured him that i checked the non smoking option and he said oh well there was nothing they could do now because they gave the last non smokong room away 10 minutes agao. How ridiculous is that. The man said if I had come in earlier they could have done something but now it is too late. I personally feel like I was given a crappy room because I wouldn't budge with the other 1 bed room. I will never stay there again.

It was an ok stay but not for a romantic or family get away.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

The room had stains on the walls and in windows. It also had a strange smell (mildew). A can of air freshener worked to fix that problem. Most of the staff was great but I did have a problem with one lady member of the staff.

The location was really good and the beds were comfortable.

A good place with minor problems that you usually have to solve yourself. A good value.
    • Room Selected at Check In

Services could be better. My wife's bed was not made on the second night. We called downstairs and there was no one the guy could send up. Also, the gutter on the entrance should be repaired. It rained hard and the overflowed gutter would spill vast amounts of water on people going in and out. Also, we had numerous problems with turning on the TV. There must be an easier way.

This is a good place. It was easy to visit our daughter in Brooklyn by Uber. We headed upstate NY from here and it was easy to get into the Bronx and to the Thruway. The people at the front desk were helpful.

Worst hotel!! Do not go!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything!! Our non smoking room smelled 100% of cigarettes and then while we were sleeping the roof had many cracks where water started leaking uncontrollably..the staff had absolutely no answer or help for us

Absolutely nothing! Horrible, run down hotel

Good price, clean, convenient, free shuttle to the metro and half hour to NY with the metro!
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Our room was outside the ice machine and in the evening it was a little bit noisy but it seemed to be quiet after 11pm so I cannot complain.

The shuttle to the Metro was very good even though we did have to wait a while when we came back from NY but the time they gave us leaving the hotel was great and it was good we didn't walk, the breakfast was excellent, a lot of variety. The room was pleasant, clean and the air conditioning was working very well, we had a fridge I didn't expect and it was good to be able to put our things into it. Overall I would recommended as the price was reasonable and close enough to the city with the metro and was worth it.

Everything was horrible.

Everything.

Everything was horrible. It looked like a motel out of a horror movie. Constant construction work next to our door. Filthy. Broken dirty hot tub used as a shower. Spiders. Absolutely horrible.

Room is large enough to accommodate 5 member of family.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Need a mini-van instead of full size car to shuttle more than 5 people together to metro station.

Room is large enough to accommodate 5 member of family. Very nice night view of Manhattan.

Nice and grate place to stay
    • Room Selected at Check In

The elevator takes so long

Our stay was very good, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the place is bet old, but nice and clean, the free transportation from and to the hotel is amazing it save some money, the breakfasts is great, I will be back again, thanks we had a very good time in City View Inn, I recommend it, it is a nice place

Stay Away Inn

Staff & manager attitude and incorrect information for guests + room not inspected and ready

This place is to be avoided - priceless advise for free..!!

My good experience at City View Inn
    • Room Selected at Check In

Only problem was not really with the hotel itself but rather the area where it was located in. Not much to do or see around there. But that will not stop me from staying there at my next stay!

I loved the high ceilings. It did not feel like a typical hotel/motel stay. More like home.

Nice size room and the bed was comfortable
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Stains were found on the pillow case but that was an easy fix. I also had to go to the front desk multiple times due to the key card not working to get inside my room which was a hassle.

Nice size room and the bed was comfortable

Ct traveler
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking a little tight, eggs were cold. Had to be reheated in microwave. Nowhere close by to eat.

Bed was comfortable, very clean, nice closet, microwave, refrigerator , quiet

I enjoyed my stay.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Breakfast was boring. Scrambled eggs every day. There needs to be more variety with the breakfast especially for those who don't eat eggs! Elevator too slow.

Very comfortable. I loved my room! ....and jacuzzi. Very quiet place. Staff very friendly especially John!

Nice Stay near to NYC
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

The only negative thing i faced is bathroom was clogged. And if you are staying at top floors, you will take some time to move up and down since the elevators are too slow :(

The property is in Queens which is 15 mins away from times square by Metro. The nearest metro station is at 0.8 miles distance (uber will cost $8-$10). Also hotel is providing free shuttle services to metro station from 9AM to 9PM. Room was spacious and well maintained (except bathroom was clogged). Breakfast is one of the big positive. This is the best breakfast i ever had.

Not worth it!
    • Room Selected at Check In

I called twice before checking in, once to confirm my reservation and once to tell them that I would be checking in very late and both times the staff was very unpleasant. I never saw a smile on any of the staff's face the time I was there. I advised the from desk that the bath tub in our room was filling up with water. They told me that I could either move to another room or shower in another room. I choose to shower in another room since we only had one night left. The man at the front desk told me someone would come and get me from my room - no one ever came and so I didn't shower that night. House cleaning came into our room, made the bed and nothing else. All the garbage was left in the room. Our bath soap fell in the tub before we left and it was still there when we returned, which means they didn't clean the bathroom either. We had a non smoking room that smelled like a smoking room.

The wifi was easy to access and the speed was fast. Since the hotel is not very close to the subway, the hotel provides a shuttle to and from the subway station.

Good deal if you are just going to be sleeping there.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Room smelled musty. some furniture was broken, should have just been removed from room. Elevator is very slow but it worked.

Breakfast was good and plentiful. Parking is easy. Close to highway.

A decent price for a decent place.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel, although clean, seemed as if it needed some freshening up.

Ease of access to the highways, the location was quite good for our needs. The bed was very Comfortable.

Don't stay here
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived late but we had informed the hotel that we would arrive late. They gave our reserved room away and gave us a hole in the wall, tiny, dirty, disgusting room, with who knows what crap spattered on the walls, holes in the walls, battered and dirty furniture, spiders webs in the corners, no window to see outside, slow flowing bathroom, I was so afraid to sleep in. The whole hotel is dank and nothing as described or the photos show. After a long drive and few hours before having to leave to the airport the next day, I was extremely upset and it ruined the end of my vacation. I had to call Booking.com because the hotel refused to give me the room I had booked. Booking supposedly got them to agree to give me the lower rate of the crappy little room, but when checking out, I got further grief. The check out person stated she knew nothing about the lower rate. I showed her the agreement on my phone and them she said she would give me the lower rate but a check on my credit card after I returned home showed me they had charged me the higher price of the room I had booked. Booking.com had not remedied this up to now nor have they given me the 25 euro they promised me. I am not recommending this hotel and may not use booking.com in the future as their customer service in crap as well.

free parking

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Late check in.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

No ac, smell like weed, the maintenance guy was drunk he told me to open the window since the ac wasn't working then they said there was an electrician coming that he should get there in 10 minutes after an hour I went to the front desk and they said I had to wait another hour for the electrician to come it was 1:30am. I asked for another room there were no rooms left so I asked for a refund and they accept so we left.

Late check in. They gave me a refund.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

You can not find cheaper with breakfast and shuttle in Queens area
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Hotel needs painting, and a little bit of maintenance.

The bed was nice. The breakfast was good, it’s a buffet with eggs, fruits, cereal, fruits and waffles. They even had Decaf cofee! The shuttle to the train station is included and VERY useful! Shuttle works from 9am-9pm after that you would have to walk 1 mile to get to the hotel.

Over all it was in the city centre and convinent for travel.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

The reception staff was not helpful. Not customer friendly. We requested to keep luggage for the time being. One reception staff said we could keep the luggage but the staff in the morning said we can't. He was very Rude and not customer friendly at all. Because of this we will not recommend this Hotel to any of our family or friends.

Breakfast was not bad. Bed is comfortable.

Yuck. Yuck!! Unclean Room!!
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

STAY AWAY from this hotel, RUN quickly!! The room was not ready by the time it was 300pm check in. Elevator was really slow and feels little unsafe to be in it. We were given another room and it smelled... I complained that it's a smoking room and the front Indian woman said it wasn't. I swear I got nauseous just being in that room. Floor wasn't vacuumed properly. It appears it was never vacuumed. I wore my flip flops the whole time and made my kids wear socks, yuck! Was nervous about having bed bugs so checked the whole bed and it was a blessings there weren't any bed bugs. Would not recommend to stay at this place.

Plus plus.. Breakfast options were nice!

Do not stay at this hotel
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Not much location cleanliness ciogged toilets clogged in many rooms smokers and pot smokers everywhere just a bad place to stay

I don't like to give bad reviews but it was about the worst hotel I've stayed at

I do not recommend for anyone with children to stay at this establishment. Appears dirty.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

- The location of this property is not the greatest. - The tub was clogged - The bathroom vent was inoperable. When you took a shower, you had to open the bathroom door, in order to see yourself in the mirror. - The building is old and the elevator needs work. Elevator was really slow.

I don't recall liking anything in particular.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Bad location with worst maintenance
    • Room Selected at Check In

Hotel is located opposite to cementry or burrial ground and no shops near by. I can see lot of automobile repair shops near by and not a residencial area .It is not a place where you can go out after 8pm.Booking.com mentioned 8am to 10pm pick up and drop to near by tube station, but they have a board at reception mentioning 9am to 9pm pick up & drop time. When I enquired they told me that it is their new rule and least bothered to inform customer the change. They said check with booking company and it is not their responsibility. Lobby was smelling badly. It is old building not maintained properly. Lot of dust in room carpet and I can't walk in room mat as it was sticky, not sure what it is. My bad, I did not take room slipers. We choosed this hotel because of the cost but it is not worth staying comparing to facility and location.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

rooms are nice,, the smell could be better!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

If you remove the rugs by the entrance and put regular floors the hotel would look nicer and smell better, those carpets stink. it smells like cigarettes and mildew . the staff is not friendly, not welcoming reminded me why I moved away from NYC in the first place, the rudeness wasn't pleasant, not friendly at all. We were going to stay for the weekend and check out Monday, but decided to go with Hotel Vevitar. so get nicer employees and make it cleaner, I'll return.

the view

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Comfortable and relaxing.
    • Room Selected at Check In

The only times the shuttle to the subway ran was 9am to 9 pm. The hotel was located a little out of the way.

The bed was quite comfortable. There was a nice view of the city from my room.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Garbage by cemetery... sleeping in cemetery is better.
    • Room Selected at Check In

Didnt give me my reserved king size bed non smoking room. Room was dirty and had spiders. Extra bed was needed because king size bed was not provided. Full size bed head board was broken. Extra bed was broken. Clerk WHO checked us in lied that hotel did not have king size bed Poor hotel.

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

DISAPPOINTING
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was terriblle. Toaster was not working and when asked why they dont change- I was replied that if they will change, it may again stop working, so they decided better not to change at all. Street parking is a BIG headache. They need to arrange for the parking. May be do some agreement with some nearby paid parking lots.

Room was good

The breakfast was good.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

A few holes in the walls and closet door. The electrical outlets were very unsafe,and protruding from the wall. Smelled like a smokers room.

The breakfast was good.

The first two days we stayed on the hallway was a strong...
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The first two days we stayed on the hallway was a strong smell of weed management on this hotel should worry about this specially where there is families with young kids staying on this hotel

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Nice place, great rates
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

The only elevator is small and slow. The shuttle to the train station seats only 4. Since we had our car this wasn't a huge deal. The television doesn't have very many stations but that's ok. We were on vacation and don't watch much tv while on vacation.

Good choices for the complimentary breakfast buffet, nice, clean comfortable room. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The hotel was very clean.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

The beds were hard, the breakfast was not as great as comparably priced hotels (no yogurt, no bacon or sausage) and the advertisement for free shuttles is misleading. We were only told upon asking for a ride to the subway that since we were checking out we were not eligible for a shuttle ride. And there was no apology for it. Without the shuttle it was a bit of a walk that we were not expecting. This took away from time in the city. I would not recommend this hotel.

The hotel was very clean.

A minimally decent inn; housekeeping needs to be upgraded.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Two nights we were not given fresh towels. On one of those nights, our beds were not made. Our mattresses were very soft and creaky.

The people on the front desk were friendly and helpful.

Not a family hotel
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Not a good, my room was on the 3rd floor. From the time we got there Saturday night to checkout time Sunday @12pm the entire floor smelled like marijuana. It was so bad that when we turn the bathroom vent fan the smelled came into the room. We looked for other hotels in area we were all booked

The best part is that there were smoking rooms which is a...
    • Room Selected at Check In

There was no hot water.... They upgraded my room to a room with a jacuzzi that was broken... And my biggest issue was they charged my card multiple times.... They then confronted my partner and proceeded to call him early in the morning after I already spoke to the person at the front desk (young and extremely rude).. By far this was a horrible stay

The best part is that there were smoking rooms which is a rarity.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

A TRIP TO NEW YORK CITY FOR THE SHOWING OF THE ATTACK ON TITAN ANIME SERIES ON THE BIG SCREEN IN THE BIG APPLE...
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I was in a smoking room that had No Ash Trays in it and when I asked the front desk for 1 the guy brought me the iron I also requested but said they were out of ash trays and told me to use a plastic cup with some water in it for my ash tray which I thought was tacky after paying $200.00 for my stay there to use a plastic cup as an ash tray definitely rubbed me the wrong way...

It was very clean, quiet and surprisingly had both friendly and polite guests and staff

The parking
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Everything. The rooms were disgusting. No toilet cover. The tub wouldn't drain and all you could smell was weed. The breakfast was terrible. I could of saved a 100 dollars and slept in my car.

The parking

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

If you want to save your travel expenses, this is the only place to stay. But if you are not a smoker, you should not come here and there is a very big cemetery right in front of the hotel. The hotel is quiet, but those who work here are not accustomed to English. And be careful of double payment of hotel. I am still discussing the problem. In the center of New York City, a Uber taxi cost about $ 30 for poor x

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Waste of money
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

In the four days of my stay they did not come by to clean the room, empty out the trash or replace the used towels. The smell of cigarette smoking is annoyingly strong everywhere. The staff wasn't any better to resolve any of the issues mentioned.

I really can't say that I liked anything.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

There was no remote in the room.
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

There was no remote in the room. While looking for it I looked under the bed, there was kids toys & cigar tobacco under the bed. The bathroom was filthy. I had to go to my car to get my Lysol in order to use the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Very Very noisy all night.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very Very noisy all night. My room was next to an elevator and it was very noisy. I ask to switch the room but the night desk clerk told me that the noise would go away after midnight. Plus there was a couple who checked in next to us around 2 AM and they kept their TV blasting all night We called the night desk clerk and it took him 2 hours just to find the room where the noise was coming from and still nothing was done at all. We could not sleep at all. I would like a refund.

I would stay again but the next time I come I don't want to smell weed
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I didn't like that every were you walked in the hotel people were smoking weed in the rooms and the hallway smelled like it that's not good for kids to smell that stuff the room next door to is the smell was coming in my room from under the door that conjoined to the other room next door

The food was good wish you could of had yogurt the egg taste really but other thank it was good the beds were comfortable

Will Not stay here at all
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

When I booked the room, I requested to be on the highest floor, when I arrived the guy said there is none available. If I knew that I wouldn't have stayed. He was not helpful at all. In the first room, there was a bug in the bathroom, the bug looked to be a bed bug. I called and told the Representative and he seemed annoyed. I had to go all the way downstairs with my luggage to change the keys. When I got the the next room, it smelled like weed. Honestly to pay $100 for a night is not worth it. Wouldn't stay there again.

Check out is at 12pm

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

View was amazing
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

This was the second hotel I had to book since the first charged me twice for a room I never saw- the view was beautiful from the parking lot, but once inside, the elevator seemed to take hours, so the whole stay we had to take he staircase to the third floor-WITH our bags. Once in the room, we had to get a different room since the heat wasn't working.

View was amazing

the room was clean and presentable
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

the odor of marijuana in the room coming from the hallways, it was even prevalent in the lobby as one walked in, we had to open the windows to air the room out, gave us a headache.

the room was clean and presentable

Horrible experience 😳😭
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The smell of smoke and mariguana in my room was unbearable. I could hardly breathe. There was a customer screaming and kicking the door next to us. It was scary. I think the incident was handled badly because the attendant didn't call the police right away. I'm glad the customer was not loaded otherwise it would have ended pretty bad. I will never stay there again.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Great for the price of $100
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Something dropping on the floor above us.. it was very loud and the hallway seems to get busier the later it got, and our room door kept getting pushed on in the night. The bathroom door would start squeaking while we slept.

Nice room, king bed, spacious and the guy at the front desk was very friendly and nice.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Two of the front desk persons were polite and efficient. The other one, not so much.
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

Got home 4 days later to an urgent message to contact our credit card provider. It is known that someone at City View Hotel, with access to our credit card, has successfully skimmed $76NZ from the account...he has then unsuccessfully tried to skim a further $4,000NZ...and other, smaller amounts...enquiries are continuing. Watch out City View they're coming for you.

Breakfast was nice. Some of the staff at the front desk were nice. The hotel (cleaning) staff were nice. The view is ok and does include city views in the distance...but over 'scruffy' looking rooftops. Good to see the 'other side' of the city.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

This place have an odor that sent me out in the cold...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Don't like being deceived if you have allergies don't stay here

This place have an odor that sent me out in the cold looking for somewhere else to stay. The website views are extremely deceiving.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Nice place to stay, but I wouldn't wanna live there.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Could use a real makeover instead of little fixes here and there. But that would drive the price up so never mind!

Easy to drive to. Old school smoking rooms!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Best hotel in NYC
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Nothing. I love this place.

This is the last decent hotel in NYC that I can find. You can go spend a lot more and stay in some upscale hipster boutique with nice art and ridiculous price stuck up staff and lousy, in your business attitude. Or you can stay here, where they live and let live, give you a good breakfast, have smoking rooms and don't look for every possible reason to clip you for more money.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The front desk clerk who helped us was really nice and...
    • Standard Double Room - Non Smoking

The front desk clerk who helped us was really nice and offered us an accurate map of the city and also shared some of his experiences with us to get us to go to the best places in the city of New York in the short period we were there! He also arranged transportation to the subway although it was not on the scheduled time of the shuttle bus.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Not worth booking
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The television was Crack in the corner,hard to watch any show. There coffee pot was missing from the coffee maker, and could not connect to the internet.

Browse City View Inn traveller photo gallery