Reviews of Best Western PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center 4 stars

8051 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75251, USA

#92 of 151 hotels in Dallas

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff at front desk rude and unprofessional. Very hard to get to even with GPS. Parking lot entrance hard to find. Beds as hard as a rock. Had to hunt down towels for pool. The smallest elevators I've ever been in, especially with people with luggage.

I like that the living area is somewhat separate with a fold out couch and the housekeeping staff was helpful.

Included breakfast buffet was great! Check in was quick and easy, and front desk accommodating. Room was clean and comfortable. Really liked the fact that the hotel was about a 5 min drive to the nearest DART train station that had park and ride. That saved a lot of headache driving downtown and parking fees.

Bed was uncomfortable, check in was slow, was charged twice after card reader was not working and card was scanned 5 times

Clean, sense of moderate decor

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No vegetables to the breakfast , in the room we found ants, no transport and touristic maps at the reception.

I like the comfort and silence inside of the room, well expected any massage bath, found only simple doush with 2 different positions :-)

We had to change rooms 3 times the first evening because the first handicapped room was entirely too far away from the dining room for my wife to walk, especially after surgery. And the second room had no hot water we discovered after getting settled. Maintenance said that was an ongoing problem with that room?!! So we were given a suite for the same rate which turned out really nice for our eight days 1

The breakfast buffet was outstanding! Never have we experienced such great selection and the service couldn't have been better! Our room cleaning was always superb and beds made when we returned. The evening meal offering was also very good when we could be there to take advantage of it. A great value for what we paid.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived into our room and it seemed like someone has slept layed down already. The sheet and pillows were undone.

The front desk staff was very pleasant.

I didn't like housekeeping Sandra because not only was she rude and made ugly faces to me, I noticed she was rude to all the ppl of color! Because we all were asking for linens

I had problems with pre-booked shuttle on my arrival. I forgot the jacket at the hotel, I wrote them e-mail but haven't received any answer and help. It's not an appropriate attitute to the guest

The overall feel of this so called 4 Star hotel was poor. The facilities in the room were very basics, toileteries, tea and coffee stuff were very basic, no quality of the products supplied in the room. I was very disappointed with my stay. The Smoke Detecting Alarm in the room went faulty and was removed by their engineer so during my 7 days stay in this hotel there was no smoke detecting alarm for 5 days. Coffee and tea provided in the room were very very basic and minimum, when asked for more, I was advised to go downstairs at the reception to pickup since they don't send anyone in the room. there was no one to help in carrying my luggage in and out of the room. the powder milk supplied in the room was expired, the shampoo, conditioner and body wash provided were very very low quality. Elevators were found dirty and stinky. Overall staff wasn't helpful at all! I would call it a 2-3 star hotel but 4 star.

I didn't like anything in the hotel. It was very poor, nothing about the hotel was as per the standard of 4 star hotels. I would give 3 Stars to this hotel and will advise them to reduce their rates down significantly!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is terrible. All you hear is traffic going by and it's by a highway. Many homeless in the area. I didn't like that although I had 3 people in my room, only 2 could eat for free with a voucher. So the other person has to starve? Really! The Male at the front desk was nice but he made a copy of my id and did not make a copy of the white female that was in front of me.

The parking was great. I was always able to find a good spot to monitor my car.

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fact that your company messed up my registration by putting by Guest name as the person renting the room. It took us over 2 hours to get the registration corrected and it wasn't at a discounted rate. You charged me the regular rate.

The room was very clean,the towels were beautifully displayed, the amenities were everything they advertise and more.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that my son and I had to shower with cold water the entire stay

it was a good stay loved the friendliness of the staff and the room was good but the best part was breakfast love all the variety of choices available and staff was amazing there too

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the room was very small. The bartender's drink were not very good. I ordered a chilled patron shot and paid $18 for 2 of them. They were not chilled and made me throw up. After that our plans to celebrate our anniversary were ruined and had to stay in.

it was clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not have enough help at the front desk. We should have taken the key cards back immediately instead of the next day as we had trouble with them which only got worse.

Has a nice breakfast, considering the room rate. Happy that there is a small exercise room.

This property needs much improvement. The bathroom needed some remodeling and the bedding desperately needs to be replaced. We stayed for three days for medical purposes and didn't get much rest at night. The carpet had a light odor to it :( .

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Comforter was dirty. Look like there was blood on it. When I ask house keeping for another one. She made me wait until she done room service. Breakfast isn’t worth paying $5.00 when it states breakfast included in the room fees per night. {that’s a way to hustle ppl out of more money for no good purpose) And how many hotels that provide breakfast only allow 2 ppl per room to eat free?! When you have suites that says, up to 4 ppl... the elevators look like your going into a basement everytime you enter them. (Enough room for 2 ppl) then they charge my card an extra 150 with no explanation on why..

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They charged me for my room twice, but they couldn’t explain how the mistake happened. Also, online the breakfast said it was included, but after checking in I had to have vouchers. I didn’t receive enough vouchers for all of my family that stayed

Bed was like a rock. Shower was cold. Breakfast was bleh. Parking was adequate, but just barely.

Staff was very friendly. Rooms were very clean. Bar was nice. Location was perfect!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff at front desk seemed confused and very busy, weren't friendly when approached with an array of questions. Had to call down three times about sink being clogged to get someone to come up. Hotel had a musty smell.

Location was near Dallas.

Staff was rude. And apparently all staff wasn't notified about breakfast times changing so was still telling residents that it was open until 10.

Very clean

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn’t very good — we were told it was open until 10a and they closed it at 9:30a... Our room had been renovated but still seemed a little dated...

The staff was friendly, helpful, and very accommodating. Our room was very clean and spacious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything about this property was great. It's a must I stay again!!!

What did i like about the property? I like the entrance waterfalls, the room, and the breakfast.

Loved everything!

The staff was excellent and very helpful and friendly. The hotel was exceptional as well. I really enjoyed my stay and will be returning in the future.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the layout of the hallways since I was all the way in the end but after the second day of being there, I remembered how to get back to my room. Also, I took a cold shower the morning of my checkout because the hot water was not working. It was working just fine the rest of the days that I was there.

I liked that the shower had a moving shower head. Comfy bed, clean, and quiet. The hotel had a pool, gym, and computer center. I got a good deal for a three night stay. It was close to plenty of restaurants. Employees had no issues finding the place for my takeout.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No closet, just a wardrobe; ran out of hot water pretty quickly; breakfast - meh; location not pedestrian friendly.

Doing the best they can with an old, decrepit building.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed 4 nights and every day we had to get our key card reprogrammed before we could re-enter the room; we also had to wait in a long line every time. The water was lukewarm every day (we had to take cold showers most of the time) and was completely cut off one day. No towels in the gym area. The key card did not work on the side entrance during our stay. I spotted 1 roach under the lamp base in our room during our stay. We attempted to talk to the manager and he was never on site and never made an attempt to address our concerns. We only stayed because it was spring break and St. Patrick's Day; finding other accommodations was difficult. The desk clerk was very apologetic, but was unable to provide assistance all the time. We also did not get towels one day during our stay and had to go to the front desk to request some; unfortunately, the face towels were locked up and we didn't get any. This is the first time I have posted a review; I usually go with the flow and over look or deal with mishaps; however, this experience I had to address. PS. I do NOT want the manager to reply with I am sorry about your stay, because if they cared it would have been addressed in person during our stay.

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very clean rooms nice decor in the rooms made you feel like home. Beds were very comfortable. Hot breakfast was great also. Completely pleased with the whole experience!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was usually cold to warm , NOT HOT. Had to micro wave everything. Two days the waffle station was not available. I got there between 8-9AM. There was NO HOT Water on the morning of our meeting, three adults no showers. Found insects (3) crawling on tooth brushes in bathroom. Trashed the brushes.

The staff was excellent. When I requested an adjustment for no hot water, they complied.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was not the best at all. It was tacky and the people surrounding the hotel were rude and uncurtious even within the nieghboring restaurants.

The privacy, cleanliness, the hotel staff was nice and breakfast was satisfactory.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I sleep during the daytime and work midnights. It would be nice to have breakfast hours extended or open up earlier.

Very noisy - event at night when trying to sleep - due to other guests, but the staff was great handling this and everything else.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was not ready at check in time, only one t.v. was functional. Also, was not greeted upon entry, manager came from the back and assisted me (while 2 young ladies stood at the front desk).

Manager was very polite and helpful, took initiative to get me checked in and in my room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled as welll as the horrific odor in the elevator ..the hotel itself was dreary horrible lighting . It was very old looking and not updated .... there was a lack of ventilation in the bathroom . I would not return to the hotel .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was bad!!! Especially The receptionist was rude and unrespectful. We waited for only checkin around 35 mins. The ventilation‘s sound in bathroom is louder than helicopter.

Rooms too hot. Unsure if someone came into my room a stole my property. Called hotel about incident but no return call to validate or distribute complaint.

Staff very accommodating and friendly.

I didn't like the fact that the front desk lady was rude with a customer because there was a language barrier. He was nothing but nice and trying to understand but she clearly did not want to be bothered. I didn't like the fact that I hauled all of my stuff in, stood in line forever to be assisted, and then when it was time to go to my room I found that the elevators did not work... They only had 2 and BOTH were not working. I was advised that I could take the stairs to the SIXTH FLOOR. There was no assistance offered just "good luck on your journey" type attitude. So I hauled my stuff upstairs, and prepared to shower and sleep. When I stood in the shower, I noticed that if u are 5'8" and above this shower is not meant for you. I am only 5'4" and without stretching my arm out I could touch the ceiling. Then on to sleep... My room was not a quiet room. My room sounded like I was in a laundry room because that is what I heard the entire time I was there... I felt like I was in the government housing version of hotels... The entire stay was miserable... This was the night of 02/14/18 and morning of 02/15/18...

I liked how close it was to my meeting. The overall stay was pretty bad. I will never stay at this Best Western again

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sofa was missing a cushion. I booked a room for 4 people that included breakfast and clerk that checked us in would only give me breakfast vouchers for 2 people per day and that I would have to pay $10 more per day for two more vouchers. Manager took care of us the next morning. Coffee station was a mess in lobby. It was a little out of the way.

Room was great. Perfect for our family.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We are very comfortable staying there. Very clean place also we come to be at medical city on monday morning my mom had a kidney ttransplant

That I could'nt stay longer !?*

I spoke with one of the staff members,Danecka who was exceptionally nice , made my intial overal compactual view of the hotel AWESOME !?*

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The beds were WAYYYYY too hard!

The staff from check in (she was amazing) to the bartender (she wa the friendliest bartender I ever met) was welcoming and warm

I did like the cable channel choices, it needs to be more variety,the breakfast could have been a little better.

I liked how helpful and friendly the staff was. The rooms/hotel is very clean and quiet.

our bathroom sink was extremely slow to drain and would fill before you could even get your teeth brushed

Bed was comfy, breakfast was delicious and always well stocked and location was very convenient to the highways

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The closet was small. The bathroom was also small. The staff was great and the hotel was very clean. It is somewhat hard to find but overall, I would stay there again. The exercise room was nice and I was able to wash clothes in the laundry.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Accommodations were excellent, clean good size rooms. Free breakfast buffet, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, grits and a waffle maker I was pleasantly suprised! There is also a laundry room onsite. It was nice to take clean close home and is great if your backing light like I did

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They could not print me out directions to Children's hospital after asked 3 different times

The bartender Mariah was really nice. The hotel and the rooms are very beautiful

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not a lot of breakfast options, bar was very expensive drinks wasn't strong didn't give us enough towels

The workout room waiting area design water walls great that they have breakfast but that's at all the best westerns

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hard to get to even with GPS. Looks like they have TRIED to do an update on interior. Must be a club nearby because all I could hear/feel was bass thumping well after I FINALLY fell asleep around 2am because of it.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

we had booked a suite in the 2nd floor. as soon as you got off the elevator it smelled like cigarets, which we where told they juat had become a smoke free hotel. once we got to our room the smell was even stronger. we called the front desk to let them know about the smell because we didn't want to be charge for smoking we didn't do. we decide to stay in the room since we had so much stuff and didn't feel like moving all our stuff around again. our bathroom wasn't cleaned correctly, there was dry pee under the lid of the toilet. also the sheets on our beds had black stains on them.

we where very impressed with the lobby and the bathrooms in the lobby. staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok they had a few things to choice from.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I woke up covered in bites all over my body and they look like bed bug bites. Also, the elevator was slow and made some scary noises. I tried to take a hot bath, the water never got hot and there were long black hairs in the tub and on the toilet seat.

I loved how friendly and helpful the staff was.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Smoking

I didn’t like the pool being outside and the hotel being right off the street so close to the next parking lot. I felt uncomfortable a little bit going to my car for a smoke, felt closed in.

Breakfast was hot & good. Rooms were comfortable & clean. Staff friendly.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were no negative points in this hotel.

We can enjoy great breakfast at this hotel. And this hotel is located at very convenient location to access to center of Dallas.

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The people who clean the room did not provide extra toilet paper they only used replaced the one with the only extra one we had and didn’t leave any more. They didn’t even make the bed right they just covered the bed didn’t even change the sheets

The breakfast was great and the staff there was super nice.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I don't really know, other than they should have a comfy smoking area.

The food was on point. Workout center was always open I played music respectfully loud and not once had a complaint. I will deff. Be back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The halls are so dark and tight. But who cares, really. The rooms are clean and cheerful.

Room is elegant looking and quiet. Breakfast is outstanding. Staff is friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't have enough bath towel the parking was horrible the elevator was not working. Also the floor we was on was very noisy and people kept going out the exit door.

The bartender friday was nice and sweet

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only one elevator worked and it was moving slowly. Took 15 minutes to get from 6th floor to lobby because of overcrowding and waiting

Quiet and Comfortable

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Stuffy smell in elevators that triggered my sinuses. Dinner options during my stay were not always what was advertised. It would be helpful to have more of a variety of nearby delivery places, too.

The rooms were nice and the laundry facility was a plus!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Smoking

Our shower would not drain AT ALL, and there was a pubic hair on my bathroom towel. Our daughters said the pull out sofa felt like sleeping on a card board box.

This was our first time in Texas so we loved the Texas shaped waffles at the continental breakfast. Loved the King size beds in our suite.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I like to concentrate on fittness center about the availability of more weight also the printer in the biziness room need followup

I am very glade frome all services especially the resturent my room so large

Everything!!!

Not a thing! Hookers,crackheads and transients all reside at this location and this hotel should be closed down immediately or at least change its name!!!

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Smoking

The flea bites I got while in the room. The occassional roach crawling up the wall. The rock hard mattress. The price of the room was not worth the cost.

The front desk staff was super nice and helpfule. The hotel is near the highway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was great payment processing wasn't. I selected a room by mistake that ended up with cancelation fees. This was not in plain sight when I booked the room or I would not have booked it. Things did work out where I could go but it almost didn't.

Beds very comfortable. Breakfast was great! Payment was not easy!

Asked for extra blanket and extra pillow-never got them. One of the blankets had a stain on it. The bed was super firm, which I wasn’t a fan of. The area isn’t the best.

Free breakfast and free WiFi.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The temperature in our 5th floor room was a bit warm and stuffy and had we been spending more time there, I would have called down to have it adjusted (appeared to be on a set point). There was also a pretty obvious blood stain on the extra set of sheets in the closet for the fold out bed, though they did appear to be washed.

The location was great for a family. Breakfast was excellent with many different choices and the room was very spacious! Staff was friendly and courteous.

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It was right off the express lane and we drove by it three times trying to figure out how to get onto the exit ramp so we could pull into the parking lot

The front desk was very helpful and remembered my first name even the next day and treated me like a friend.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking, the location of the room due to my allergies I was sick I was put by a door where everyone smoked and policy said no dogs unless it was a help dog the person across from my room had a dog that kept barking and was not a help dog And was the fact that the 1st morning their housing keeping didn’t clean our room and gave us no clean towels I called the front desk and I guy from Maintenance brung us towels that had oil spots on it from his hands

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were roaches in the rooms! When we told the front desk we got no apology and she didn't seem fazed at all. She only offered to refund our tax. I believe we should have received at least half of our room rate back. We were on the first floor where some party was going on with people running up and down the hall screaming until 4 am. I kept expecting the desk clerk to come and tell them to stop since they were right around the corner but that didn't happen. These drunk people kept trying to get in our room and also through the connecting door. We didn't get to have our included free breakfast (another reason I booked the room) because of the roaches!

The rooms looked very nice on the website and the price was very reasonable.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The lobby and hallways seemed dark.

Great breakfast. The room was quite large. The equipment in the fitness center were in good working condition. Only about 20 minutes away from downtown and 30 minutes to AT&T Stadium.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was right by a side entry door & people were in and out all night and were very loud. The breakfast was just ok. Nothing special.

The room was clean & comfortable. The staff was friendly

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great and very diverse, and they have a lunch buffet.The room was so comfy. Being a women and staying in a hotel by myself, I felt safe in my room. Shower felt amazing. Best part was the quietness, it was so peaceful.

• King Room - Smoking

The breakfast was cold and made me sick afterwards, so that was a big disappointment.

I loved the design of the whole hotel and somehow my room was upgraded to a suite without any additional costs, which was a huge plus! Also, the staff was really friendly and helpful.

When we checked in the floor of the room was dirty had paper and staples on the floor. And there was old food in the refrigerator, which smelled so bad. That makes me think the room had not even been clean. I ask to move to another one and they said no and just vacumed it and tool the food out.

It is a nice looking hotel

• King Suite with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed - Smoking

The hotel was on a one-way street made it a little difficult to get in. there’s a pet store/hotel across the street and you can hear the dogs crying in the morning.

Close to downtown. Nice and cozy room. Great value.

• King Room - Smoking

pillows uncomfortable. Dust on windowsill near air-conditioning unit. Unit very loud at night. asked to pay $25 deposit when checked in..Have never had to do that when secured room with credit card.

Good breakfast

Would have liked to stay around the pool later than 10:00PM on this hot weekend.

Excellent service from Aaron Boothe and Melanie Lopez, they were very helpful, big thanks!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The music was a little to loud at 12:00 midnight and the Constant bumping kept me up until I was to tired to care. I know they want it to be a happening place but after 10:00 pm turn it down.

The bed was soft, the pillows were fluffy, the service was great, the breakfast was good and hot I will stay there again.