Reviews of Best Western Des Plaines Inn 3 stars

#6 of 6 hotels in Des Plaines

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

It was wonderful.

everything was great.

The breakfast was wonderful, the bed was a dream. The room was clean, It was close to where I had to be. I wish I had more time I did not get to use the pool. overall it was great.

Under construction but met my needs.

I understand that renovations need to occur but it was a little worrisome when travelling alone and at night, arriving at a hotel that looks pretty torn apart.

The staff was extremely helpful in making sure my car was taken care of while I travelled and they answered all of my questions.

Terrible management

The management there Was very rude and disrespectful. He made false accusations against myself and my husband call the police After we had been traveling from a another state all night long he acts does to leave after 6 hours on the property what they totally fabricated story.

The hotel is alright and the staff is very nice.

The service offered about the free airport shuttle is not what Booking.com says as they only offer it once from the airport and once to the airport. Not unlimited number of times as other hotels offer. But the staff is very friendly and they understood that I was sold something that they don't offer and covered some of my expenses in taxis to and from the airport.

The best things are the comfy bed and the breakfast. Not loads of choice but more than enough and it is yummy.

Good stay in the clean, well hosted hotel located in the city center.

Everything was more than I expected....

Free parking in the parking hall. Very friendly staff! Good breakfast in the premises. Good location at the city center.

Cozy getaway

It could use some updating but it was very clean. And a very pleasant stay

It was close to gas station and grocery stores. I felt like it was in a secure environment and I felt safe,

Instead of King size bedroom which i booked, i got a two...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Instead of King size bedroom which i booked, i got a two queen bedroom. And when i told them that its not what i choose, the hotel inform me that they can not do anything due to no resevation done with them directly, its through booking.com

Best Value, Courteous Staff, Nice accomodations!

Parking. Small hotel with not a lot of parking. One night we had to park on a neighborhood street.

I was really pleased with how nice the interior rooms had been updated. The exterior is old and a bit on the "worn" side. However, everything was very nice; not fancy, but well kept up. The staff were particularly nice and hard workers. The front desk lady would take care of you very courteously, then later you would see her mopping floors! Same for the guy making breakfast...then emptying trash cans. Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shop and grocery stores.

A great budget option if need to stay near Des Plaines
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

My hot tub room didn't have a hot tub. The bed was a little firm for my tastes. Location was not super great and it's easy to miss the driveway from traffic. Overall still pretty good.

The rooms were clean and nice. Staff was friendly. Close to Metra trains, pace buses, and oakton community college. Rooms were somewhat recently renovated. Good internet access. Although it is close to the airport and train tracks, They did a fairly good job of limiting noise. Bathroom was nice and also very clean.

I was there for 5 nights and felt like the quality for the price was great.

The "easy" chair in my room was extremely uncomfortable. It was way too deep for anyone to sit and be comfortable. Also the desk chair would not stay in the locked position; every time I sat down, it would start to sink down.

The food in general was okay, although one morning, the bagel I selected had mold on it! I showed the front desk staff and they immediately changed out the whole bread section, which I appreciated. I was there for 5 days, and felt like there could have been a little more variety in the hot foods, but for someone staying 1 or 2 nights, it was fine.

I booked 2 rooms thru booking .

I booked 2 rooms thru booking .com I had the conformation for 2 room 3 night. we arrived to be told there was only one room.showed the email with the conformation, and my card was already pending for 2 rooms. my family was tried and was ready to check in.we had to wait a hour.

Convenient, cosy

Key system is not goid for people not arriving at same time. Housekeeping a little sloppy. Items not filled on arrival.

It was convenient to our activities

Horrible

Very small, pool was very dirty and was out of service the first two days we where there. I picked this best western for the pool and didn't get to enjoy it once. Also the girl's who work the front desk are extremely rude

Was overall very pleasant and would return.

Sign was very hard to see, past it up twice before seeing it. Room key didn't work in the evening for the access door by parking when I came back both nights requiring me to walk down the drive to the front of the building for access. Wish that breakfast was available ealier than 6:30 for those of us that have to be somewhere earlier. Pool was not available.

Bed was very comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast was ample and very good.

Just so so

The beds were very uncomfortable, so we're the pillows. To pool was closed the whole time we were there. The breakfast was just ok. It was farther from Chicago then I thought it was.

Very good hotel not far from the airport and Chicago.

For us all was great.

Excellent breakfast. There is always something for everyone.Many things to choose from. It's a very nice hotel where we have stayed before and will do again.

Like shuttle by Best Western War plains
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Shuttle service was not on time...They never do a free shuttle up & down as per their website. They do only dropping existing clients but never send the shuttle for pick ups. I had to bite a taxi on 2 days in my 3 day stay.

ok

bathroom stool would not quit running. we had to shut off the stool ourselves in order for it to quit running. contacted front desk to correct the problem. when we checked out problem was still not corrected. we reminded the front desk again of the problem. receptionist did not have a record we had called day earlier.

location was close to where we needed to be

Not up to standards

The public areas were extremely filthy. Plus all windows in first floor were open with curtains going in and out. There was a humidity smell in the entrance plus the elevator was dirty and had dirt like it's not been tended to in years. It had a musty and old grime smell. Discusting :(

The room itself was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Bang 4ur buck!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We will come stay again as the price is right!

The hotel breakfast was good. They offered something different each morning. They had gluten free dairy free options too. The pool we felt could have been warmer but it served its purpose

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Room was pleasant.

Room was pleasant. Sheets and towels were soft. Shower was hot. Breakfast was adequate with plenty of coffee. The shuttle service was not available so they picked me up in a taxi and dropped me off at the airport in another taxi. There was no expense to me for the taxis.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

We enjoyed our driver to the airport.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking lot is small but it is manageable

We enjoyed our driver to the airport. Conversation was good and he was very helpful when we arrived at the airport. I would recommend this to anyone!!!!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Confortable stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Free shuttle was not available and they give me taxi phone number which I can ride with free. I hope they will arrange by theselves. And water pressure of shower was weak.

Powerfull air conditioning was good as it was very cold day. Wifi area range was not problem.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Good choice for park/sleep/fly

Parking was pretty tight. A lot of people taking advantage of Park/Sleep Fly.

The staff here were excellent. The front desk clerks, the airport shuttle driver and the cleaning staff did a great job. Rooms were clean, comfortable and everything was in working order. The shuttle was very efficient.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!!!!!

The manager at the front desk WAS VERY RUDE AND CONDESCENDING. The website asked what time we would be checking in, which I replied 2pm-3pm. When we arrived @ 4pm, we were told our room wasn't ready, even though the check-in time was posted as 2pm. The hotel parking lot was also very undersized in proportion to the amount of rooms at the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable, the room was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Would not stay here again.

First room assignment was for an occupied room. Second room had broken/leaking toilet. Third room had previous tenant food remaining in refrigerator. And room key had to be reset each day.

Nice breakfast bar, beds were comfortable but sheets are very flimsy. Towels are thin and scratchy.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

The price and breakfast is good, but shuttle bus...

The shuttle bus is not good, I waited waited waited over an hour, and called the receptionist, she told me because of the traffic, then gave me a taxi driver's telephone number, told me they would pay the taxi's fee, I didn't find any traffic on my way to the hotel, and saw the shuttle bus was on the front door of the hotel.

the price and breakfast are very good, queen bed is very large and comfortable, it's is very near the airport.

beside the warm water and the money mix up this hotel could be ok if they get better parking
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Kids running up and down the hall the hot water was just warm plus the hotel charged me more money beside what booking charged me. I will be calling booking to fix that problem. The PARKING is BAD

The confort of the bed, location was ok

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Location is ok to where we went.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hallways were not vacuumed.Breakfast was not fresh-eggs,biscuits,waffle mix,etc. Hot syrup wasn't hot and hard to drip. Good breakfast is a priority to us. We've stayed in other comparable hotels, but BW had the most unappetizing breakfast. At least the coffee was hot. Not coming back.

Location is ok to where we went.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Good place to stay for the Price.

We were on the 2nd floor and could here people walking in the room above us at 3:00am. Very Noisy! Next time we will request the 3rd floor. The pool was closed when we stayed there and could not take our grand kids swimming. The breakfast was just okay, but it did offer it.

It was close to our son's home. There are some parking spots that are covered. Very nice if you can get one when it snows or rains. There are many restaurants near by. The Staff was very friendly. There was Lotion in a dispenser by the sink, and Shampoo and Conditioner in the Shower! Very Cool.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

The rooms were clean and roomy, the bed was comfortable.

There was a smell in the hallway. Not strong, but not pleasant.

The rooms were clean and roomy, the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The pool room needs to be warmer

The pool room needs to be warmer

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great value great staff

Great value great staff

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Front desk lady was very nice and helpful.

Big spider web at back entrance. Looks like it had been there awhile.

Front desk lady was very nice and helpful.

In the middle of remodeling.
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

In the middle of remodeling. We were not told we would be staying in a construction zone.

Construction

Construction

Amazing
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

I was missing a coffee pot

I liked everything and the cleanliness

Great place will return
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Great value. Clean and quiet.

Great value. The hotel was clean and quiet.

Nice
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

My check in was horrible the front desk clerck was not as helpful as she should've been I almost felt insulted by her.

The room and the breakfast.

IT WAS OKAY

UNFRIENDLY SCRAMBLED EGGS TWO DAYS IN A ROW, UNFRIENDLY FRON DESK RECEPTIONIST AT CHECK IN

NICE AND CLEAN ROOM

got a stay on 3rd floor.

got a stay on 3rd floor.

I enjoyed my stay

No eggs for breakfast

Very convenient

Shuttle service bad

Shuttle service to airport was bad. Could hear people in the rooms both next to us and across the hall

Customer service!

Everything great

Customer service!!!

Bog-standard motel, not much to expect, it does what it says...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bog-standard motel, not much to expect, it does what it says on the tin. Staff was helpful.

Nice staff but a little disorganized.

Took two days to get working coffee maker in room.

Location was good for seeing family in Des Plaines.

Wonderful but check in during daylight hours
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Had to walk around hotel IN THE DARK, because there was no parking by front, only unlocked door.

Convenient location for travel to downtown Chicago - near...
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Convenient location for travel to downtown Chicago - near both Metro and Blueline stations. Staff well-trained and very helpful.

My trip

Nothing to do

we did not recieve our bill ( they said because of computer...

we did not recieve our bill ( they said because of computer problem)

Try another place

The toilet seat wasn't even tight-it slid around

Not a thing

It's a place to sleep

It's a place to sleep

It's cheap

Good night sleep

Very comfortable

Convenient

Nothing negative; good value!

Location!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Pool time

Everything was very nice. I went wth me niece and nephew they really enjoyed the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

I was allowed for late checkout due to my late flight...

Pillows are small, not too fluffy anymore.

I was allowed for late checkout due to my late flight schedule by Jann at frontdesk.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Never again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Noise insulation between the rooms is very poor

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The parking lot is located in the back of the building and...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is located in the back of the building and not very well lit.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

We had our window open and the guests on standing in the...

We had our window open and the guests on standing in the driveway were smoking and the smell of a cigar was coming up to our room. Not the hotels fault.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

The girl who drove the shuttle bus was the only person at...

The location wasn't close to the airport. The hotel wasn't very clean. The man who checked us in did not make me feel safe or welcome. I would recommend staying somewhere else if at all possible.

The girl who drove the shuttle bus was the only person at this hotel to make us feel like the establishment was a legitimate hotel. She was thoughtful, warm and polite.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Breakfast was OK Michel very friendly along with night staff.

The parking was atrocious. I was told the owner rented parking to people who flew out of OHare. What about the costumers who are paying for this service.

Breakfast was OK Michel very friendly along with night staff. Day staff did not interact at all. Walls were very thin.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

The staff was amazing.

Everything was wonderful.

The staff was amazing. Helpful and polite at every turn. The best staff we have dealt with in our last for trips. This hotel is clean, newly remodeled and has a great staff.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Clean hotel close to the airport good for a one night stay.

Had to wait at both check in and check out because the staff was busy (not at the front counter). I had the impression to disturb them.

Clean hotel close to the airport good for a one night stay.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Breakfast was great, good variety.

Our room on second floor was fine, but we always saw tiny caterpillar like bugs all along first/ main hallway.

Breakfast was great, good variety. Our party of 10 always satisfied!

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

Keeping our luggage for the day so we could explore the city...

45 minute wait for shuttle pick up at airport Staff unfamiliar with elevated train location

Keeping our luggage for the day so we could explore the city before we left Shuttling us to and from commuter rail station.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The staff were very polite, the room was very clean, and the...

The staff were very polite, the room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. If the need came up to stay in the area again we would not hesitant to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

* Architecture - Exterior is basic & motel style

* Architecture - Exterior is basic & motel style * ROOM - mid-size, dated, very 80’s, needs a renovation, clean, mattress soft * VIEW - no great views, only view is of carpark * FOOD - didn’t eat here. not even sure there is a restaurant. * LOCATION - no sites to see. Supermarket & Starbucks are within walking distance * SERVICE - nice * PRICE - cheap for $112 * SECURITY - safe * WIFI - Free, ok speed * CARPARK - Free, many spaces

• Reviewed: 24 January 2015

- close to airport

- nothing interesting is around, very boring and depressive place - breakfast is so-so, coffee is terrible - parking space seems too small - hotel was under reconstruction, this made a little bit more depressive

- close to airport - grocery store, starbucks are nearby

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

The rooms are quiet and peaceful, compared to the ones...

The rooms are quiet and peaceful, compared to the ones closer to airport. Second time we used it this year and it works great for us. Nice breakfast!! Ride to and from airport was prompt and not that long. We would stay here again!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

i liked that they had a real hot breakfast.

the parking situation is awful. not enough parking spaces

i liked that they had a real hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

The confortable space and good pool

The confortable space and good pool

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Near airport and within easy reach of the city

Near airport and within easy reach of the city

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

Now jaczi

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.