Reviews of Best Western Desert Villa Inn 3 stars

1984 East Main Street, Barstow, CA 92311 , USA

#11 of 25 hotels in Barstow

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Good value and comfortable

A bit noisy AC, which we had to turn off for night.

The location was very easy to find with good parking and the staff at the registration extremely nice. The bed was very comfortable after a long day of driving. We were well pleased with the level of thought and care put into the amenities in the rooms (mini-fridges, nice toiletries, easy-to-use heating/cooling, etc.). Our stay was very pleasant, with the place being quiet and clean. Breakfast is awesome and you can make your own waffles :-) You can hear the train from the room, but BW provides earplugs for a good nights sleep.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was great - you just need more accommodations for dogs.

I didn't like that your staff didn't stated to me over the phone that the doggie area outside had no grass. When we got there the area was all dirt and not well secure at all for our dogs. Also you might want let people know you are next to a mobile park something that shocked us b/c of the incoming traffic of your parking. Also not enough pressure coming from the shower.

I loved everything in the facility, staff was great super helpful. The room were clean and at night you hardly heard the trains or any outside noise.

Good place to stay.

The shutters in the window were pretty, but didn't block out the light from the parking lot. It was shining in my eyes.

Nice clean rooms. Good price. Handy location.

Not what I expected
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Accessible/Non Smoking

The only thing I wasn't happy about the facility was the pool is shared with a trailer park. And it doesn't say that when you're booking the room. I had children with me and they were mistreated at the pool and my niece is 12 years old. I left my reservations. Same day. I was supposed to stay one extra day but decided to leave because I didn't feel comfortable there anymore. The front desk did credit me some money back but overall I believe it's mostly the neighborhood it's going down the drain.

What I liked was at the rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good as well

Good breakfast

Poolside extremely dirty. Don‘t use restroom there ... staff told us that we shouldn‘t Walk Outside the Hotel after the sun goes down Because it‘s a dangerous area

Good breakfast

Noisy in general, traffic noise, very hot (107) and our room...

Noisy in general, traffic noise, very hot (107) and our room wasn’t ready. There was no shade to park and wait so I had to leave the engine and A/C running for 20 minutes. No real dog convenience area and I had to carry my mini poodle across very hot asphalt to find a small shady area in which to go potty.

I like everything, the room clean I like the fact that the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Accessible/Non Smoking

I like everything, the room clean I like the fact that the room had coffee maker, microwave, mini fridge close to the fwy and stores very good service

Great for an overnight stop

Used the pool, but it needs some attention as I was cleaning out quit a bit of floating dirt both in the evening and the morning. Also the pool baisin could do with a clean

“Good location and clean”

A lot of stair for 2nd floor and not comfortable for old people

Location of the hotel is great - close to Route66, not far from the shopping mall comfortable bed, Nice fresh breakfast with lots of options.

Beware of the difficult entry/exit to the carpark as it is on a nasty fast bend in the main road.

When I arrived I was told the carpark was being repaired the next morning and I was awoken by noisy machines around 07:00am. Upon checkout there was 3 T shirts on my bill that I did not purchase, check your bill carefully.

The breakfast was plentiful and fresh.

convenient stop
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Right on the railroad with freight trains going all night; noisiest airco known to man - must be the reason they provide you with free earplugs ;-)

Conveniently located near highway, good pool, excellent breakfast, clean, great beds, nice staff

Nice motel beside of route 66.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It is not easy to connect to internet, but the staff was very kind and do everything to helped us.

It is a really good hotel, we loved that. The staff is excellent, helpful and kind. We had some problem with internet, but they do everything to help us. The room was nice.

Relaxing

The only slight downside is that the drapes blocked ALL light while these slats do allow some night lighting to enter.

They have improved the window shades. Formerly they were drapes which were constantly blown aside by the air conditioners. Now they have horizontal wood slats which are easy to adjust and are better.

room clean, clean carpet, fresh paint, tv was nice size for...

a little bit of mildew on curtain bottom and only 3 big towels for 4 people

room clean, clean carpet, fresh paint, tv was nice size for room, had nice size refrigerator

Fair as a transit point
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The water from the tap was unclear... and it’s close to the railway so it’s a bit noisy in the morning

The location is good if you are on yr way to Grand Canyon

Friendly, simple no-fuss place, fine for a quick stop

Bed pillows definitely need replacing - they are way past their usability date !

Perfectly clean & adequate room for a one night stay, if you are a light sleeper use earplugs as location is close to both train & highway

Would definitely stay here again, and will try to stay at Best Western Hotels from now on.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We went to Tony's Steak house for buffet, not very good would not recommend this restaurant to anyone else.

We had a very good experience the person at the check in was very friendly and helpful. Also, the hot breakfast was great.

Would not stay there again.

I got there around 7pm and the staff that was there at the time was rude, the staff in the morning were much nicer and friendlier. Did not feel welcomed at all. There were some stains in the bath tub. The remote control was not working nor the heater. But worst of all, check out time was at 11am, and we had the maids or cleaning staff knocking at our room at 8 am!! When it was not even time to check out, plus they had the wrong room. Need to be more cautious about that especially if you’re there to get some sleep. Very disappointed for a best western!!

The flat screen TV.

Train and rock hounding fanatics.

Breakfast could have been better. My husband commented that the eggs were runny and just okay. They also had a pancake maker that is fairly new and he didn't know how to operate it. It was just okay breakfast.

Great location right next to the freeway. We had a room away from it so noise was not a factor. Also train track was right across the street and didn't bother us. Lots of options for eating nearby.

booked at the last minute, great
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Newly remodeled room was great! it's a quick turn into the property and on a curve but close to freeway, ran the fan so it blocked the train noise.

Good hotel to stop on the way to Vegas or back to LA.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

very noizy due to highways and trains passing the whole night, really close to the hotel. Think of bringing ear plugs.

Good hotel to stop on the way to Vegas or back to LA. Really nothing special. Very good breakfast, fullfilling.

average

well the train was a surprise and all the workers hammering on the wall before nine good thing were early risers are I would have been very up set. o ya and the drilling.

breakfast and coffee was excellent

Convenient but expensive motel pit stop - save your money and find something cheaper.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It’s a motel. Not a “desert villa.” For $100 it was a huge rip off. Looked and felt like a Motel 6. The light/fan in the bathroom sounded like it was trying to airlift our room somewhere else. The lighting would work well for interrogations. The photos made it look so much nicer. Huge disappointment.

Conveniently located just off the highway and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The vibrations from the passing freight trains throughout the night was interesting.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

A good value for the money.

I was planning on staying here on my return trip for early January 2018, but my plans and route changed. When I went to cancel my www.booking.com reservation for this property, I was charged the whole amount of my room cost and that is the only negative for the Barstow location. I knew that was the policy for this location (I must have been just inside that one day of cancellation). It was a risk I took. This is the only Best Western location out of 8 for which I had that issue. It is just something for you to be aware of when booking.

The location was very easy to find and the bed was extremely comfortable after a long day of driving. I found all my stays at the Best Westerns to be fantastic. I was really pleased with the level of thought and care put into the amenities in the rooms (mini-fridges, nice toiletries, easy-to-use heating/cooling, etc.). My stay was very pleasant: it was quiet and clean.

Great location for travelers.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our door did not lock! From the outside! We didn’t know this until we were heading out for dinner. The front desk kindly moved us to the room next door so we didn’t have to drag all of our stuff too far!

Great location for travelers...right off 40/15. BUT it’s right across from train tracks and the hotel convientiently provides earplugs for ur sleeping pleasure! Friendly and helpful front desk staff.

Good location, will come back again

At check out I was unable to buy souveniers in the lobby front desk area because there was no cashier on duty, I was told that by the person on duty, I wanted a ROUTE 66 MAGNET & Car emblem

Easy parking, nice shower head, front desk friendly, breakfast was very good & the kitchen staff was very friendly, nice & helpful, Kudos to the Girls👍

Great value for your money

It would have been nice to have bottled water in the room

The room was very clean and comfortable, very quiet. The breakfast was good, the staff kept everything well stocked and fresh.

Would really come again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The price could've be better. It was not a weekend and price was quite high.

Receptionist was a superb person. Clean place, close to supermarkets, easy to find.

Great staff, convenient location, usually good stay

We were in room 119, the east end of motel, right on the Main Street of Barstow and across from the train yards. Terrible accommodations as it seemed the trains went through the room all night. Room was ill kept also. Never again that room.

Motel is convenient for travelers going west on Hwy. 40 and they allow pets. Staff are great though facilities are well used. A good place to stay.

If i had not been exhausted from a long road trip, I would have looked further.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Pillows, cleanliness, too expensive for what you get.

Front desk staff were terrific, friendly and helpful. It is on a sharp bend off a busy road, noisy and not so clean. Terrible pillows. For the price, I was not happy at all.

Noisy aircon and road noise made for an uncomfortable night
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noisy, due to proximity of interstate and freight train route. Facility is used as access to very busy mobile van park

Staff very helpful, lots of budget food local, handy for interstate

The very nice breakfast area.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Linear on beds seems to be old. This hotel is like a regular motel converted to a hotel

The very nice breakfast area. There are a lot fruits and good food

pleasant, affordable, not idea for young children or single women.

The property is attached to a low income trailer park (not even a gate separating it) so trailer park tenants were wondering the property, look to be scoping it out for theft or wrong doings, no security there to protect.

staff waere friendly, place reasonably clean, a bit old

Too dirty floor, weak a/c, really small room, - how...

Too dirty floor, weak a/c, really small room, - how did Best Western disappoint me like this? I have been a loyal customer of you , and I usually speak well of you , but this time this place didn't have about $100 value I paid. This place was not even better compared to road side old motel. This place was downgrading about Best Western , and where is my money?

We stopped early, went to bed early, therefore woke early.

We stopped early, went to bed early, therefore woke early. Left before breakfast was served. We had many miles to cover today. We have been away from home several days. My husband is disabled and worn out. Ready to be home.

The beds were comfortable, the clerks were pleasant and the...

The pool was dirty.

The beds were comfortable, the clerks were pleasant and the room was clean. The breakfast was good but the staff working there was unpleasant.

Desert in site!

Older hotel, but has nicely updated it's room. Smaller room with limited space.

Comfort and ease of parking close to room. Excellent food recommendations by hotel staff.

Avoid if possible

Non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes, the room was in poor condition (old and dingy-looking) and in need of a renovation. The hotel is also a mobile home park which is not said on the website - there were several young men from the mobile home park that were hanging out in the parking lot, drinking, and making a significant amount of noise such that my friend was uncomfortable going for ice alone. Construction was being done on the exterior and a worker was grinding down a bolt, showering sparks down on us as we sat by the pool. The pool washroom had clearly not been cleaned in days - the garbage was overflowing, there was paper towel all over the floor (some soaked in urine), there was poo in the toilet - extremely disgusting. The ad online also said the location was a Best Western Plus, which it was not.

Bed was comfortable, pool was clean, fridge and microwave available were useful.

Room was nice. I would stay here again - good for the price.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Right off highway, so you could hear traffic. However, they supplied ear plugs. Alot of construction going on (scaffolds, etc.) - but we got up early, so it wasn't a big deal - just fyi. Wasn't impressed with the breakfast. Got approached by a vagrant in the parking lot for money. Didn't feel comfortable letting my teenagers walk around us (go to the pool) without us.

Room was clean and comfortable. Air Conditioner was great, slept comfortably.

I liked this hotel including breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was very clean, and the breakfast was good. When we did check in, the service person was nice. if you arrive early, you could go to cinema because this place cinema tickets are very low.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Friendly welcome

Location was a bit noisy near the freeway -- might be an issue if you're a light sleeper.

Very friendly staff, had everything we needed for a night's stay. We got useful restaurant recommendations from the front desk.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

location is great, very easy to get from the highway, close...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

it was a little noisy during the night due to cars driving next to the buildings

location is great, very easy to get from the highway, close to some places of interest

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The front desk worker was not welcoming.

The front desk worker was not welcoming. He told us that the state we are from is not a good one and "smells like dead bodies." Also our room door didn't shut.

We were nervous when we saw the railroad tracks but slept well, noise was not a concern

We left our dog's favorite bed there by mistake!! Will be returning in a week. Do they have lost and found?

Breakfast was very nice, good selection

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

You could hear the train from our Hotel room that was on...

You could hear the train from our Hotel room that was on the other side of the road and behind a building. It went by several times during the night waking us up

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Basic tidy room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hot water not working on arrival so had to change rooms after completely unpacking then having to move rooms again. Not good after long 18 hour flights then drive from LA.

Large vanity benchtop

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Comfortable bed.

Noisy at night due to motel being sandwiched between the railway and interstate.

Comfortable bed. Included self serve breakfast. Referral by staff to good dining nearby.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Good location for Route 66 and very helpful staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A little noisy, just opposite the railway. Provided ear plugs but not really necessary.

Staff were so friendly and helpful, even suggesting a local restaurant (very good) where we could get a discount. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Good place

Breakfest very good, room nice and comfortable

Breakfest

Comfortable

trains noisy at night

Comfortable

Good for Price

Breakfast was good.

It was quiet, clean, house keeping was on top of everything...

It was quiet, clean, house keeping was on top of everything and the staff was very pleasant.

Nice pool, room, staff and breakfast.

Nothing to point out.

Nice pool, room, staff and breakfast. Very good location between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Excellent value for money.

Nice,Clean and close to the highway.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Accessible/Non Smoking

Nice,Clean and close to the highway.

the very clean and confortable room, efficient and friendly...

the very clean and confortable room, efficient and friendly staff, the very nice breakfast room !!!

Great location and all the amenities - pool, gym and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Accessible/Non Smoking

Great location and all the amenities - pool, gym and breakfast included. Brilliant value for money

Perfect overnighting location literally between on and off ramps!

Right next to freeway Good breakfast

Good for 1 night

Noisy AC. Had to turn it off for night. Personel 'tried' of the guests. I did not feel welcomed there.

All good, clean room.

A left turn from the property could be a challenge during heavy traffic hours

The room was clean & comfortable

Really nice Hotel.

All good and no issues

Really nice Hotel. very friendly staff and a good included breakfast.

Good for one night stop
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Cloce to the road, noisy

Breakfast, waffle machine was kids favorite

1 night stop over

Pool area not that clean

Great breakfast and comfortable room

Skip it.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noise from trains kept us up all night.

The breakfast was good.

Great breakfast.

Bed hard

Newly renovated.

Conveniently located for our needs, just not one of the newer Best Westerns.

See above.

A little disappointed with the breakfast choice having previously stayed at Best Western, Kingman which was outstanding in every respect.

Great for a late check in, cheap and clean.

Great for a late check in, cheap and clean. Breakfast was ok

Great stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Accessible/Non Smoking

Best breakfast for free. Good eggs, comfortable room.

Very comfortable and in a good location.

Very comfortable and good facilities. In a nice little town.

Outstanding

The area is not that good

Your staff was outstanding

Small square pillows on bed.

Small square pillows on bed....not comfortable....otherwise, everything great!

Noise of trains.

Noise of trains.

friendly, clean, good location, rich breakfast

nice and clean with lovely breakfast

Very well clean helpful staff

No issues

Breakfast was great

Great place for short stay

None to say

Room good size recently done up

Would stay again

Easy to get in and off the interstate