Reviews of BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn 3 stars

#5 of 7 hotels in Millbrae

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Very confortable room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A bit on the expensive side Very, *very* noisy railroad if you're on the further buildings.

Very confortable room Free SFO shuttle every 30 min Good service Luggage drop-off available

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The personnel were friendly and helpful!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

.I don't like the carpets on floors(stains).We were very close to the railroads.

The personnel were friendly and helpful!the outdoors are great and the snack breakfast early was very much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I would stay again, very organised and they know what people in transit need and appreciate.

The air-conditioning was noisy, and the bathroom very tiny, but those are very minor especially as it was a 1 night visit.

The room was ready when we arrived at noon, so pleased we could get straight in. Amazing helpful and friendly front desk staff gave us lots of info and tips for afternoon sightseeing, and a helpful map for dropping off our rental car and free shuttle pick up afterwards. Free breakfast snack and shuttle drop-off to the airport the next morning much appreciated. We also ate dinner at the restaurant - delicious and very reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Very clean!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had a room at the back of the property, apparently near the train tracks. Everytime a train went by it was very loud and the walls would shake. The property is also very large so if you don't have a car, be prepared to walk a ways from the lobby to your room.

Very clean! Room was great and the entire property is beautiful. The staff is very friendly and the whole environment of the place is relaxed.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Good, comfortable

Bathroom tile grout needs some special cleaning/ though I felt the area had been cleaned

One of the staff quickly asked if I needed the shuttle to the airport/ I did not need this service, but I was glad I was asked

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Comfortable Bed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

small issue, no restocking of sugar/packets for my last morning.. nothing to complain about really, I could live here if it wasn't so expensive and if I could bring my doggies.

Comfortable Bed

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The room was spacious, but a little dated.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

What I did not like was the connecting door between my room and the room next door. It was bothersome to hear the TV although it was not on too loud and to see the light .

The room was spacious, but a little dated. The complimentary breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The breakfast "departure snack" was very good and...

I had called one day before our arrival and asked for two rooms next to each other. The friendly lady at the phone ensured me that this would be arranged, nice. But when we arrived, we only got rooms that were close. Not a big problem, but it felt odd that the promise was just shrugged off with the comment "oh they must have forgotten to block the rooms".

The breakfast "departure snack" was very good and actually close to a full breakfast. The rooms were very quiet despite the proximity of highway and Caltrain.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I arrived very tired from late very long flight from Europe...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived very tired from late very long flight from Europe and would have appreciated help with luggage, being a senior citizen. Room was quite far from reservation desk.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

It worked for us due to location near airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room had bugs on walls and spider webs in room. We thought we saw a flea jump off bed. I almost cleaned the spider webs myself but for over $200 a night I will just complain.

Location near airport, shuttle bus to airport. Good amount of stores in short walking distance to help the international traveler get last min items. I'll say it again, location location! I would stay again.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good location as it is half an hour drive to the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room has unpleasant odor. The shower cap was broken already when I opened the packet and there was water on it. It looked like being used already. The hair dryer was worn out and most terrible was that when switching on, it burned and got sparks of fire! It was dangerous. Another downside was breakfast being minimal and as guests were crowded, food was not enough.

Good location as it is half an hour drive to the airport. Shuttle service is frequent and punctual. Nice decor of the premises. Room is spacious with good facilities.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was very clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room air conditioning/ heating unit did not work. The tv volume on remote wouldn't work. Had to control tv volume by adjusting on the tv set. The snack machine would not accept the require $5.00 bill...had to ask receptionist for change instead (they were happy to do that). No elevator to second floor.

It was very clean. Friendly staff. The receptionists at registration lobby were very helpful, friendly and professional. Especially liked the convenience of shuttle service to and from the airport!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Good bed.

Some elements of the room were dated (bathroom) but the bed was very good. I wish the breakfast was not served on plastic dishes.

Good bed. Very nice staff. Easy location to the airport. The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Expensive and noisy
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very noisy with trainline right next door tooting it’s horn at all hours. Tired, In need of refurb. Crazy expensive $404 for a night. Comparable BW in UK would be less than £100. Won’t return.

Close to airport, pleasant staff and clean.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Was willing to stay again on my way home but unfortuantely the motel was full.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was slightly disappointed where my room was. The very back end - a long walk with a big suitcase. Also the website stated 1.4 km away from airport and it was a 7-8 minute ride - a bit deceiving for sure

Staff helpful restaurant delivered to my room and bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Location in relation to the airport makes the hotel great...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was a little compact

Location in relation to the airport makes the hotel great for a pre or post flight stopover The free airport shuttle is really helpful

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Excellent service, friendly staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent service, friendly staff. Especially appreciated the free and very flexible shuttle service to airport. Convenient location to airport as we stayed here the night before our flight.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

convenient, and that was what we were looking for, with a very early morning flight the next day

the room had old, worn furniture with dirty upholstery and a slightly mildewy smell

the swimming pool was perfect for the kids and the fact that they had breakfast at 4:30am for travelers was great

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The room was clean overall but we could hear loud trains...

Trains outside our window

The room was clean overall but we could hear loud trains outside our room all the time which wasn't relaxing at all. The food was good and the staff was very friendly.

They kept smiling
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The computers were down when we checked in. The staff was patient & apologetic & this was not within their control.

The Staff was friendly, courteous and accommodating. They kept their sense of humor and smiles in place even when the check in system was not cooperating.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I paid them dearly for sleep, fly and storage of my car. however, on my return they could not locate my car -- said it should be by my room -- it wasn't and the front desk was not helpful -- i had to get very assertive with them to find my car -- this what i paid them to do and they did it very poorly.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Efficient transfer to airport - good food at reasonable price - rather noisy due to proximity to ai

Noise

Excellent dinner at restaurant- good value for money. Excellent free breakfast. Noisy location - noise of aircraft and trains made it difficult to get full night's sleep

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Not many vegetarian items on dinner menu;
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not many vegetarian items on dinner menu; could be improved. EXCELLENT breakfast in dining room and good service at both meals. Bedroom could not have been better in all respects; extremely comfortable bed! I LOVED hearing the train whistles, took me back to my childhood and cross-country train trips. I now live in a country that has no trains, and miss that sound very much. Fine stay at El Rancho, I would definitely come again.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Perfect solution to sleep close to the airport
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nice choice for early plane at airport - hotel well located Spacious room well equipped Well organized shuttle transport to the airport during night and day

Wonderfully maintained, quiet, clean, comfortable bed,...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Rumor has it they want to tear this property down, would be a pity!

Wonderfully maintained, quiet, clean, comfortable bed, shuttle service to the airport, free continental breakfast

The location is great (not far from SFO international...

Make sure to book the shuttle well in advance, because it gets full fast and your party can be moved to the next shuttle (half hour later)

The location is great (not far from SFO international airport), plenty parking space on the property. Free shuttle or and from the airport every half hour

Perfect if you want to stay closeby SFO airport
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great stay closeby SFO airport. We made use of the free shuttle to the airport and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning. Beds are comfy, bathroom was clean and we even found a good Mexican restaurant closeby that you can walk to.

Airport Hotel Only

The room needed a deep cleaning, carpet replaced, lots of stains, and bathroom was not as clean. Needs some refurbishing .

Restaurant was average. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Good location to airport.

Good location for the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The queen bed was not as comfortable as Expected.

Good location for the airport. Very nice food in restaurant. A 15 minutes walk will take you to the train/ metro into the city.there is also a shopping centre / supermarket / Chinese restaurants within a short walk.

Overpriced room for a very short stay

We arrived late to the hotel due to flights being cancelled and rescheduled. By the ti e we arrived by the shuttle, we were very tired. We then found that our room was on the second floor and staff did not offer to help take our bags up the stairs. We had several bags as we were headed to Hawaii for our daughter’s wedding.

The room was okay and the location was good.

Much too noisy
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dark, tired rooms with a lot of noise from the railway behind the hotel. Not the best place for a good night's sleep.

Efficient shuttle from the airport. Staff were helpful. Not much else.

Bad smell and pricey. Go somewhere else

There was a terrible smell in the room (like it had been stuffed for several days), and it gave an overall feeling of a not-so-clean place. Not good.

Very spacious room.

Will come back again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool opening hour could be extended a bit

very clean and spacious room, good complementary snack starting at 4am - excellent for early flights. Free apples at the reception, very comfortable bed, good toileteries/products. Beautiful garden. nice pool and spa tub. great location close to commerciap street of Millbrae.

Pluses and Minuses
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were in Block 7 and could hear trains all night which whistled when they were coming through the station. This led to disrupted sleep

Near to the airport at FCO with airport pickups no matter the time. Great for a late flight.

Suggested!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very easy to parking. Very close to the airport. Very simple for check in and check out. Breakfast free ready from 4:30 am. Not a big breakfast but enough for starting the day. Absolutely suggested!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Close to the airport, although you can't go on foot.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was close to the highway, so we could hear noise and honks.

Close to the airport, although you can't go on foot. The hotel (like many others around) offers a shuttle service. Our flight out of San Francisco was very early (we had to be at the airport by 4:00am), and the shuttle was there waiting for us on time.

Great Value at SFO
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Good SFO location with a variety of eating options within walking distance, including a Trader Joes. Better than expected breakfast marketed as "pre-departure snack". Quiet, since it isn't directly on freeway. Best value near SFO.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Lovely hotel in a lovely neighbourhood but bed bugs completely ruined our impression
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed bugs!!! There were bed bugs in our room , (visible to the eye, bigger and smaller, crawling around our sleeping five-year-old)so when we realized it, we ran to the reception, got a new room and moved in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, we only saw them the second night of our stay. The lady at the reception was kind and we got refund for two nights. There were no bites to be seen at first but they appeared after we got on the plane ( it was the end of our two-week trip). My husband had to go to hospital after all where he got two injections and some pills to calm the rash and the allergic reaction. So now that we are home, we have to deal with desinfecting our luggage and clothes and worrying whether we brought them home with us. It totally ruined the end of our trip.

Rooms are quite big and beds are comfortable. The hotel is in the quiet and safe neighbourhood. The Staff is nice.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

I would not stay here again because of the train noise.

Train noise was impossible. Trains came through every ten minutes during the day and also at least once in the middle of the night. It is possible that some areas of this sprawling motel heard the train more than others but they never mentioned train noise during checkin.

Near the San Francisco airport. Liked the free breakfast. Also had "grab and go" food starting at 4:30 a.m. Also had a regular restaurant to order breakfast. Small pool. Rooms had nice decor, comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

This airport is a great option for people coming from the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first night I stayed there (coming from San Francisco Airport), the room they gave to me wasn't very clean. (There was hair on the bed and in the sink).

The bed was quite large and very comfortable. The 24 hour shuttle is very convenient. They have a coin laundry area and the staff kindly exchanged my dollar bills for quarters.

Excellent location close to the airport
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room was in the back, so it was very close to the traintracks. If you are a light sleeper, this could be a problem.

This hotel is within 10 minutes of the San Francisco airport. I have stayed here three times and have always been pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the ease of parking, and the onsite restaurant.

Very close to the airport, excellent for super early flights...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very close to the airport, excellent for super early flights as they also have an airport drop off shuttle service. Staff were very friendly and cooperative.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Location perfect for an overnight stay after arriving at SFO...

Rooms feel a little dated but clean and comfy.

Location perfect for an overnight stay after arriving at SFO and before setting off on California journey. Nice pool and quiet, despite being next to train tracks.

Complimentary breakfast and shuttle service to airport were...

Service could have been a little warmer

Complimentary breakfast and shuttle service to airport were both excellent - as were the warm cookies in reception at night!

John was an amazing server who went above and beyond!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The shower was difficult to regulate temperature and had little water pressure.

John was an amazing server who went above and beyond! The pull out couch was actually a bed making it very comfy for all of us!

Gem in Millebrae
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Restaurant was a little understaffed the night we were there otherwise no complaints!

Hotel staff and shuttle drivers were wonderful! Great location and clean hotel

Fine for an airport stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom could have been cleaner. The breakfast wasn’t great and the hot offerings ran out and were not replaced. There would surely be no harm in leaving the coffee out for a bit longer rather than packing it away bang on 9:30. Those of us not travelling early would really appreciate a coffee just before we leave.

Fine for an airport stay. Room ok and spacious enough for one night.

Nice stop close to the airport

We didn't use the pool, because it was too cold outside (which of course is not a fault of the hotel)

Good breakfast with nice bagels, muffins, yoghurts, fruit, etc. Cosy rooms with comfortable beds, and elevator to the first floor. Shuttle from/ to the airport on demand. Restaurant and bar on site, but there is also more eating/ shopping within a walking distance.

Breakfast was ok and staff serving breakfast were nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

2 level property no elevator. We got a room right at the bk as there was no others available. Maid speaks Spanish so could not understand her. She changed linen but never cleaned our room..no vacuuming or cleaning of tub etc. Our small towel That we used for showering was laying there. Front desk staff were rude to guests. We could not sleep in ..maids and supervision kept banging our door and woke us up.

Breakfast was ok and staff serving breakfast were nice

it was very good and the staff was very professional
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They did have to change me to another room because my TV did not work

I work in the hospitality industry, and quite often I work as a consultant in operation. This hotel far exceded my expectation

WAS VERY PLEASANT AND NOT TOO FAR FROM MY IN-LAWS, ESPECIALLY MY GRANDDAUGHTER.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

MY ROOM WAS ON THE BACK FIRST FLOOR FACING A WALL THAT WAS PLEASANTLY DECRATED WITH BEAUFIFUL FLOWERS. THE ROOM WAS VERY NICE AND IF I VISIT THAT HOTEL AGAIN, I WOULD REQUEST THAT ROOM.Na

The staff were excellent and very welcoming.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The free continental breakfast wasn’t very good and the motel is dated; especially the shower

The staff were excellent and very welcoming. It’s in a good location, walking distance to a BART / Caltrain station to get into San Francisco

Very convenient if taking a flight from SFO.

Bathroom/toilet was a bit outdated. Upon arrival the receptionists were ok - but just ok. In San Francisco very difficult to find a spacious room with separate beds - as travelling with a friend you want to have a bed of your own. (This week was especially hard due to Pride week; a two star htl in the centre 350USD/night!)

Room was spacious enough for two as we shared a queen size room for four with two queen size beds between the two of us. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom/toilet with separate sink/mirror area was nice. Two armchairs with small table in between also came handy when having some late evening snack after a long all-day drive. Very helpful young receptionist also gave information how to get back from the city via airport + hotel shuttle which was very nice. When leaving, the shuttle to airport was arranged easily by reception and was very good though going via several hotels in the area. Breakfast was ok.

A good option for an Airport Stopover
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Restaurant closed at 9, fortunately we just made it but a little more time seems appropriate for an airport hotel. The outside corridors seemed to attract louder voices than indoor ones. Can be amproblem with early leavers.

Good space, overall quiet, good transport to airport. Not too far to walk for train to the city.

Cozy

A little small room

Close to the sfo airport without noise. Shuttle bus to the airport is convenient . free parking. close to milbrae, easy shopping. good breakfast!

Only there overnight before our flight.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bit noisy we heard next door people slamming door and going down steps very early in the morning. Walls very thin.

Comfy room. Basic but everything you would need. Excellent shuttle service to SFO airports.

Great hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location to airport. On time shuttle. Very friendly staff. Price was great. It was clean. Beds are comfortable. We stayed here last year. Just as nice this year.

At breakfast everything was disposed of.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

At breakfast everything was disposed of. The plates, cutlery, coffee cups, water cups, small cereal packets. Nothing was reused or recycled. Very disappointing.

i enjoyed my stay at the hotel but i still recommend that they provide complimentary water
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

i didnt like the fact that there was no drinking water provided

The shuttle driver was very nice. His name was Edwin. He helped me bring up my luggages to my room, showed me where to get breakfast and where the pool was located. He even showed me a place to eat dinner and he actually took me there and brought me back. very excellent customer service.

It was a nice stay except for one thing...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our bathroom sink was draining slowly. I found out the hard way after I brushed my teeth. I tried fiddling with the lift rod thinking I plugged the drain but it wouldn’t budge. Finally, I had to reluctantly reach into the sink wrist-deep in toothpaste water and spit so I could unscrew the round drain. It took several minutes before the sink emptied. I checked in past midnight and just wanted to sleep so I didn’t bother to tell the front desk. I just mentioned it to the receptionist during checkout.

The location’s nice. The room was quiet considering our proximity to the airport. The bed was comfortable and clean. The free “Departure Snack” was substantial (pastries, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, coffee, OJ). You have the option of a full menu breakfast for a fee. Parking is convenient.

Airport stop.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Typical chain hotel located next to the airport. We used this for an overnight stop before flying on. The staff were helpful at check in and the room was fine. We ate in the restaurant which was OK and included a discount. as expected.

Ease of check in was fluid.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Ease of check in was fluid. Swimming pool and hot tub facilities were nice. Restaurant connected next to hotel was fantastic for dinner and bfast. Noise level was minimal at night time, and the room was clean and comfortable. I'll definitely bring the family back

The difference in prices from $145 to $300 for the same room...

The difference in prices from $145 to $300 for the same room during the week, felt ripped off but we had no choice had to take it as we were leaving to go back to Australia and had no car to get around.

Overall we had a marvelous stay.

The computer was down the entire time we were there. One computer for such a large facility is, in and of itself, quite inadequate. Then when that computer is not working, it made life a tad difficult.

Every member of the staff with whom I had any contact were always very polite and helpful. Shuttle drivers went out of their way to assist older people, and those traveling with children. Always service with a smile.

Pleasant overnight airport hotel at a reasonable price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

very pleasant hotel ,close to the airport. THe shuttle was efficient despite crazy traffic! The "pre breakfast snacks" for early departure,was a nice touch. The room was nice and comfortable .

Convenient for the night before departure from SFO.

Too much disposable stuff. Facility encourages being environmentally conscious - reusing towels, etc. - which is good - but then uses throw away utensils, cups,, disposable coffee packs etc.

Great location, near airport.

We loved our stay, will definitely come back!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Very good breakfast to go, better than expected - with fresh fruits, yogurt and a delicious selection of pastries. Free shuttle to airport was very convenient, saved us a lot of trouble.

Nice place, could be a lot better
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had difficulties with our key cards, multiple times. The inside of the room did not meet the expectation from the pictures on the website. The water faucet was very loud when turn on.

The outside area is very nice including the pool and eating area.

We needed a place to stay near airport for our early morning...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We needed a place to stay near airport for our early morning flight. Hotel was very comfortable and convenient. Shuttle was free and 24 hours. We didn't get to try the breakfast or pool, but all looked nice, especially for the price.

Bad for international travellers & those not driving
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The above & receptionist attitude as also in the face gratuity requirement in the shuttle

The rom shown & allotted different. Only suitable if you are driving-no baggage trolley- asked my we to Cary her 4 large bags 1/2 lies! We checked out after first night.

The location was very good with nearby restaurants and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room wall and floor were slightly dull, make it a little bit smothering

The location was very good with nearby restaurants and supermarket. Easy to go back and forth to airport. Good breakfast.

very Short, far parking, ultra hard bed no sleep, couldnt get hair wet—hair dryer/outlet didn't work
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked to park somewhere close to our room. We were close to the building next to us. It was a real big inconvenience that I couldn’t use the hairdryer When my daughter was sleeping and pull it into the bathroom and shut the door to be quiet. The outlet that was in the bathroom area, the only one to reach was Out of commission. So I couldnt wash my hair for work next day. That was like a very major major bummer would have been much worse of a bummer if I had not noticed it before getting my hair wet. I did let the staff know about this in the morning. If the outlet was fine then the hairdryer didnt work. I wanted to use the hot tub but we got there at midnight. We only got to spend four hours there for our $250 and it would’ve been great if I could have been sleeping or hot tub or bath of hair could be dried. But the bed was so hard and I could never fall asleep Even though I took three times my normal muscle relaxers and I had 5 inches of memory foam for the bed. I had already been up for 20 hours and ended up being up for 39 hours before I could sleep after that.

I liked that the breakfast was so early since we only had from 430 to 5 Because our flight got moved up by three hours when the other one was cancelled.I like that there was actual hot water in the bath tub not just warm, and an actual plug for the drain. I really appreciated printing my boarding passes And the chocolate chip cookies. Sheets were really nice.

My worst stay at a Best Western Plus
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room doors open to the outdoors, not a hallway. The direction of wind caused a constant whistling sound all night,and I had to wake up at 2:30 am to catch a flight at SFO.

Super friendly and helpful staff. Dinner at the restaurant wasn't too bad. Room was clean.

To be honest stayed here because of location to airport. Next time would stay in a different locatio
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room heater didn't work, crack in door allowed wind to blow in constantly, room was located across from warehouse and constant trucks pulling up and backing up to what sounds to be a loading dock.

Location to airport

Had a room way in the back and there was a very noisy train...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a room way in the back and there was a very noisy train passing every few minutes and honking a horn while doing it. Was impossible to sleep in the morning due to to this.